Which girl is more well-written?

Which girl is more well-written?

Emilia but, that's not saying much. The show was written by an autistic jap /r9k/bot.

>Re:Zero
>well-written
Nope.

Emilia

Emilia.
I love her.

Rem

Rem has no objectives other than to get on Subaru's dick. Emilia has her own objectives and goals that are not around Subaru

Rem is more thoroughly written at this point. We know a lot of the reasons why she acts like she does.

Emilia still basically a mystery at this point, and very little is known about her backstory.

Rem is bland waifubait and stops being a character. Emilia has a much more interesting backstory, better interactions with Subaru, more overall character development, and is more important to the story.

Emilia is a main character.
Rem is a supporting character.

Emilia=waifubait
Rem=waifubait

I find it hilarious that Rem was unintentionally well written as a side character while Emilia is the heroine who even had an entire arc for development and is still shit.

Rem arguably doesn't love Subaru as much as she idolizes him. If all she cared about was his dick, she wouldn't have talked him out of running away with her in episode 18.

She sees Subaru as her hero, and although she still wants to fuck him, she would stop idolizing him if he ran away like a coward.

Then why did we get them IF scenes that somehow made their way in the publication?

It's hard to even say. Emilia is barely in the series while Rem gets most of the screen time.

Rem could've been a better character if they further explained that her violent impulses(killing Subaru twice and transforming) were apart of her Oni bloodline. Instead she just comes out as an emotional hypocrite.

>Unintentionally well-written

Not true though. The whole trio of Subaru, Rem, and Emilia were clearly given the most design and writing of any characters in the show because of their relevance to Subaru's growth.

>she would stop idolizing him if he ran away like a coward.

Someone didn't read the IF chapter.

Because of $$$

You realize mixing multiple interpretations of the source material is gonna cause huge inconsistency problems right? The manga, anime, LN, and WN vary from each other in hugely different ways.

Emilia for some time.
Both of them eventually sucks Subaru's dick so they are trash.

Either way, Rem would most likely not judge Subaru for running away.

Why?
Because Rem is a fucking idiot.

Especially seeing how she compares the hardships she had to go through as a child to someone who did fucking nothing with her life, all because of some silly inferiority complex she had with her sister. As someone already pointed out, she's really nothing but waifubait.

Reminder if someone uses the word waifubait in their ""argument"", it's shit.

She maybe wouldn't initially, and go along with Subaru, but that would be a bomb ready to go off relationship-wise.

I'd also just like to hammer home the point that mixing multiple interpretations is a huge fucking no-no. A notable example of this is the anime and manga differing on Subaru vomiting in the sink. In the anime, when he's "vomitting", the sink looks completely clean, while in the manga, it's pretty graphic. This is a pretty big deal because in the anime it can be argued that Subaru faked a lot of things including that because he was trying to garner attention, especially after doing something selfless that nobody remembers and being a narcissist, that frustrates him.

You barely even meet Emilia in the anime. She's basically just subaru's wet dream. She doesn't seem bad but what personality does she have? All we see is her being idolized by Subaru and then her having a normal reaction to it.

Rem has actual dimensions to her character and we actually get a sense of what she feels and what drives her. She grows as a character and we learn a lot about her and her backstory. She goes from just being "the blue loli-ish twin maid" to being her own unique character. There's a depth there that we don't see with Emilia.

I think Emilia will develop as a character more later in the story, but as it is she has as much depth as Ram.

this but i love emilia

I know you think that's a smart opinion, and you're just trying to excuse your enjoyment of Re:Zero, but it's actually very well-written by most anime standards.

Not saying it's completely without flaws, but the only reason it wasn't completely torn apart on Cred Forums like SAO despite being really popular, is because it has a lot of redeeming aspects.

Neither. I was really disappointed in both of them when I marathoned the whole show, after seeing people hype them up over the last couple seasons. They're both the most generic waifus I've seen in a while, just "cute" in the blandest way with nothing else to them.

Both are poorly written, however, just comparing the two, as a character Emilia is better written, but as a love interest Rem is far better written than Emilia.

>mfw subaru asks for A FUCKING THREESOME

neither they are both mindless waifubait

Why is Emilia so shit? She ruined the whole series!

>well-written
>generic cliche shit straight from japan for 12 years old teenagers

is this some kind of a joke

This.
> generic waifubait falls in love to the MC after MC did her a favor.

If you want well written female character,m watch Erased.

>She ruined the whole series!
what actually ruined series:
>rem's love
>white whale
>autistic bishops

Examples of people who just started watching anime for the first time this year.

It's incredibly obvious when the only examples they ever bring up are re:zero and erased.

They're both fine, but the anime forgoes a lot of hints to their respective characters. As a result they give off completely different impressions, with Emilia's standing suffering the most. I understand the last few arcs were centered around Rem, but Emilia's practically a who in too many fronts to appreciate

Now that i think about it, i dont think there are any well written girls in anime at least recently.
They're all made to be near-flawlessly cute and their only flaws are something highly marketable like being a chuuni or a slut.

Nice projection, newfriend.

I've been watching and reading anime/manga since 90's. And stopped doing it more or less regularly like 5 years ago

Not even really something to be proud of desu. It just means you're permanently stupid instead of having the excuse of being new.

>proud

Stop projecting and desperately trying to insult someone. You have nothing to contribute to the discussion and all you do is shitposting with poor ad hominem.
Shit tier new Cred Forums posters.

We know jack shit about emilia at this moment, but it's pretty obvious (all of the unanswered questions) that the anime is not done yet and with each answers question there is a chance for emilia to get better

Rem is best character at the moment beacause we know a lot more about her and her character, however I don't think that will last, rem is almost all out of character development

Rem is in the lead but all out of gas, emilias fuel gage is broken

How about you take a look of the posts I quoted in .

Those are literal lowest common denominator criticisms. If you want to criticize me for launching ad hominem attacks, then don't start your original post with them dipshit.

Neither the show is garbage and so is the source material.

Emilia

This, except that I'd concede Emilia is completely lacking in charisma and entertainment value. 99% of the time, she is as interesting as watching paint dry in terms of her mannerisms, typical dialogue, and superficial behavior in general. The remaining 1% of nuanced personality puts her above Rem, but both are shit.

The problem is that Emilia isn't written at all.
She's just there.
She's the mystery thing hanging on the end of the stick that moves subaru and thus the story along. She also manages to be a bit of a bitch.

Rem has more depth to her and has more screen time. The writers and show runners even realized that she was too comparitively well written fleshed out and otaku bait that they purpousely cut her out so that they could have their simple happy ending.

>The remaining 1% of nuanced personality puts her above Rem

What nuanced personality?
She stopped being interesting in the first episode. Is that what you mean?

She has called Subaru out on his bullshit while Rem has no character except loving him. The only redeeming factor of this series is that it subverts the isekai hero role a little, it's good that Emilia was cognizant of it.

Emilia's decision to tell Subaru off after his autistic rant showed quite a bit of real character. Her personality before that was to just appear outwardly nice and passive at all times.

here is one
she was in an anime this season so it counts.

Rem was the most skeptical of Subaru's motivations during arc 2. She only really starts to enable him after he preyed so perfectly on her low self-esteem by appearing as a real life super hero to her in the final arc 2 timeline.

Emilia

>I wub subaru-kun XD
>well written
No

Sucking(and not in the fun way)while being irredeemably fucking stupid does not a good character make user.

Calling subaru out on his shit is something everyone does. She's not special.
As a matter of fact Rem does it so well that Subaru calls himself out for being shit.

What else is there too Emilia outside of a few "she's an awesome waifu" traits?
I don't even thing the author himself knows what to do with her.

They're both cliche, harem, waifubait. Thus there really is no winner in this contest. Being the best shit doesn't mean anything

Context. Emilia calling out Subaru was a much bigger deal then people who had basically been total strangers at the time calling out Subaru because she was actually somewhat close to him and always been pretty passive before then.

Rem stopped calling out Subaru after she got close to him.

>Sucking
elaborate
>fucking stupid
elaborate also

I think see was smart, and while she would have agreed with char's method of ending war, she realized full frontal's method would not have had ended conflicts.

I call that both smart and nuanced.