fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tips to the left

Why are we using a crane if we're working with beakers, again?

Left obviously, the steel ball and string's mass are not acting on the lever, while the small mass of the pingpong ball and string are.

Are you fucking stupid? It's left

Shouldn't it be right since the ping pong ball is pulling the left side up?

How heavy is the steel ball and pingpong ball. This is important.

Because steel is heavier than feathers

Left, obviously. The steel ball exerts no pressure on the scales whereas the ping-pong ball does. This is even disregarding that some of the water in the right beaker rests on the steel ball instead of the scales, lessening the pressure on the right side further.

this

they are equal.
the water level is the same.

Right. Open vs closed system.

Not for this reason though, you don't fly by pulling on your shoelaces. Net force is 0 on left.

retards

You can't be for real. Are you insinuating the pingpong ball is lighter-than-air? In this case, it's only less dense than water, so it floats. Without the string, it'd still be floating on top of the water, adding to the weight anyways.

>people in this thread are basically Limmy

youtube.com/watch?v=9ypaXNVPkSg

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Tips to the right since the steel ball is more dense than the ping pong ball.

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/130688/which-way-does-the-scale-tip

I honestly can't believe that people still try to answer this every time it gets reposted.

Like most "you should be able to solve this" images, it's a troll question intentionally designed to not have any definitive answer.

Realistically, it would depend upon whether the weight of the ping pong ball was greater than the buoyant force exerted by the water on the steel ball - two quantities that cannot be compared definitively with the information given.

LMAO autists who don't know how physics work should kill themselves.

Pay attention to how the steel ball is suspended.

dumbass. learn2physics.

Well I learnt something. I forgot that the steel ball only exerts its buoyant force, not its entire weight

See this faggots. It was obvious with highschool level physics, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Well, what matters is weight of pingpong ball and the volume of the steel ball, but w/e
see

This sounds like a rip-off of Qualia the Purple.

Fuck you, loli sensei; I'mma do what I want.

Well, Cred Forums?

But you can't solvethat though, and for the numbers just don't look right, unless it's not measured by scale or something.

>x = 26 + x

>x - 7 = 19 + x
>-x -x
>-7 = 19
There.

You miss wrote the question Sensei that problem is impossible to solve.

left down right side goes up.

70°

that's correct

hm, wait, disregard that i suck cocks.

To the left, the ping pong ball, while light, still has more weight than the steal ball which is being suspended.

If drawn correctly, the angle comes out to be something like 56 or 60-something. However, without the use of trig, it's impossible to solve using just angles. We've been over that one.

left side up, right side down.

in both cases, the submerged balls raise the water, increasing pressure on the bottom and thus net force.

on the left, the increased downward force is balanced by the tension of the floating ball pulling up on the string, having no net internal effect.

on the right, the extra force is balanced by a reduced tension on the supporting string, having a net increase of downward force on the right scale platform.

if the scale yielded a weight difference amount, it would be roughly a ball's volume of water more on the right side, and the right string's tension would be the ball's air weight minus the water volume weight.

Why can you be so sure?
It's possible actually though

No, it isn't. And I'm sure for 2 reasons:
1. I've tried. If angle DEC or ECD was listed, it would be solvable, iirc.
2. In previous "you should be able to solve this" threads, that pic was posted, and this conclusion was made. Someone posted a diagram with it drawn to scale, but I don't have it.

This one isn't solveable

Some theorem that I forget that relates the number of vertices of the triangular structure and the amount of known values you have.

In this case it's impossible

except i just did it

and redisregard this I was actually correct the first time, it's 70°

How were you able to go beyond this?

Okay, I still don't get it. How does this make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_8LFhakQAk

The ball is not part of the water, so how does it add weight to it.

Fuck, I just forgot something else. To add, the reason it isn't automatically 70 because it isn't specified that lines AB and ED are parallel.

No, you didn't. You made an assumption on one of the angles, or you did something wrong.

Yeah, that was the angle. BDE, not those other two. You're not given enough info.

How is a 130 degree angle acute while a 50 degree angle is obtuse?

Because you don't know how simple physics works. The steel ball is heavier than the pingpong ball.

could be, man, I see dem numbers. it's how I got 70 in the first place, then went to confirming, fucked up, sucked cocks, then did it again, it fits, so fuck it.

can i sex chloe now?

>Solve for the missing angle(s).
>Figures are not drawn to scale.

have you ever seen these words before

You can see that AB and ED are parallel, given that the angles in the cross match. And you see that b = 60 and alpha = 70

chloe can make a-nything cute, you obtuse moron

the fact that they don't tell you is a big clue that it doesn' matter.

That great, now take away the beakers from the experiment and just suspend a steal ball over a scale. It's obviously not going to move. Saying "durr u no understand phyiics" doesn't explain how the steel ball's weight gets added to the water when it's not being held up by the water.

>tfw always used to bullshit math in anime
>whenever theres actual math, even if its really basic, I get really impressed

It depends on the relative magnitudes of the buoyant force on the steel ball vs the weight of the ping pong ball.

They COULD be, but aren't specified as such (no marks through them). You would be marked down on a test if you tried that.

The angles in the cross are going to match regardless because they are vertical angles. That's not enough to prove parallel lines.

dumbass. Learn some physics boy.

Because water acts like a solid object. The weight of steel ball pushes the water down.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, an anime preview, an anime episode, and an honest-to-goodness anime movie, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE

He's just listing basic laws thought, he's not actually doing any math. How did he "yield" law number 2? This is still an example of bullshit math, imo.

No, it isn't. It's time to take a trip back to baaaaasic trig.

SOH: sin(x) = opposite/hypotenuse

CAH cos(x) = adjacent/hypotenuse

TOA tan(x) = opposite/ adjacent = sin(x)/cos(x)

where x = the angle specified in that diagram.

a/c / b/c must = a/b. It's time for a good old fashioned proof.

a/c = 1/c * a
b/c = 1/c * b

a/c / b/c = 1/c * a * c * 1/b

the c's obviously cancel, leaving a * 1/b or a/b.

Wow, this is pretty powerful. Isn't basic math fun?

The answer is no solution.

It doesn't work like that. By your logic, BE and AD should be parallel

t. armchair professor neet

I'm still right. Just bored.

Currently taking multivariable calc and work as a software dev.

>it's this thread again
Wew lad. It's as if you brainlets don't know when to quit.

Okay that's nice, but your post has literally nothing to do with the trigonometric identities that the teacher is writing on the board.