Shokugeki no Souma

>just finished watching season 1
>realized I understand almost nothing with their food talk since I'm not a /ck/ kind of person

They just talk in such a shonen way that they make it sound so interesting.

None of their food stuff is actually real. It's like the martial arts in DBZ, people can't actually cook like that just like you can't bench-press a planet.

>None of their food stuff is actually real
Morisaki Yuki, a professional chef, provides all the recipes for the manga.

They have recipes in Toriko too you know. That doesn't mean you can actually cook them.

I have a question. I plan to watch season 2. After that, read the manga. So, what's the best way to do that?

Watch the series an read the manga? Starting from what chapter if I would read what happens just after season 2?

How rushed is season 2 anyways? People keep telling me that. You can spoil me the plot if need be, I don't really care.

Ive yet to see something in that anime that I couldnt cook if I had the ingredients and tools.

The food stuff is real, the dumb shonen abilites they use to make it isn't

you can cook them, it doesn't mean everything is going to taste good. you can technically cook anything.

Well, it made me realize that if you're good a t cooking, you really do become picky with how food tastes. Honestly, I'm not so picky with food myself.

The show isn't even about cooking so you don't need to know shit about cooking to "understand" it. So I have no idea what you're on about.

I just feel if you understand this shit about cooking it becomes more satisfying to watch is all.

Toriko is a shonen battle manga that's just food theme, and all the ingredients used are all made up. That can't be used to compare to Shokugeki no Soma, which uses actual food and possible ingredients.

It's mainly the matches of the tournament that feel rushed. They also kind of gloss over the 8th person who made it into the quarterfinals until it's time for their match. Other than that, I didn't think it was that bad.

Just checked the chapters, and apparently they managed to get through almost 60 chapters in one 13 episode season.

If you want to switch to the manga and want to start from where season 2 starts, maybe start out with chapter 59. If you decide to just switch over after what season 2 covers, probably go with chapter 117.

>I just feel if you understand this shit about cooking it becomes more satisfying to watch is all.

Not really, some of the stuff is pretty dumb so I'd say it gets worse.
As I said, the cooking isn't really the focus. It's just how they "fight" in this battle shounen ecchi drama.

Yes, you can absolutely cook everything featured in the series.

Making it taste so heavenly and divine that it gives you an orgasm though, that's a different story. Sure, you can follow the recipes to the T but replicating the temperatures, timing, knife cuts, and just overall SKILL is an entirely different ball game, which tends to be what the show emphasizes.

Posting best family.

>This
I'm sure when Akira meets you, he'll go straight to the point. "You should wipe that smegma off. It's pretty stinky."

So Alice's dad is Maes Hughes?

>Sure, you can follow the recipes to the T but replicating the temperatures, timing, knife cuts, and just overall SKILL is an entirely different ball game, which tends to be what the show emphasizes.

I can guarantee that no one involved in the making of the manga or show is a master chef and things like having good knife skills won't matter when it comes to the recipes that they're making.
It's basically just Star Trek technobabble so the average reader/viewer can suspend their disbelief.

Are you telling me you can't wrap potatoes with bacon and put it in an oven?

It only seems that way because if you're good at cooking, you tend to really love food and tasting all kinds of flavors from various types of cuisines. And it essentially makes it the natural thing to eat delicious, flavorful foods that if you go to normal white family's house and they just serve you overcooked pasta with unseasoned and wet meat sauce that doesn't even cling to it, you'll kinda feel a bit of an aversion.

But you'll eat it anyway with a smile because you're not a rude fuck.

Obviously, which is what makes the series great to me. These are all a bunch of people who have taken certain skills to the absolute impossible extremes.

>Are you telling me you can't wrap potatoes with bacon and put it in an oven?

The average person can't even make instant mash. Most people can't even boil rice on a stove.

I love this series, it's cool how people enjoy it for entirely different aspects of it

Some of the food stuff is exaggerated, but almost all dishes have been tested in Morisaki's kitchen prior to publication.

>ex gravure model
>proven fertile
>educated in nutrition
>cooks all these
Is Morisaki the ideal wife?

I really like how Hell's Kitchen is almost entirely based on real things and real recipes that you can make at home. Except for the science stuff that they made up for the tournament arc.

To add to this, according to Tsukuda as part of their arrangement, Tsukuda personally cooks each dish once (she supervises him) so he knows what it's like to cook it.

I don't know if Tosh ever cooks any of it, but I'm sure he looks at the dishes for obvious reasons.

She had a nice little cameo in the anime and even voiced herself but why hasn't she appeared in the manga yet after all this time I wonder.

But that's easy, hell you can literally google that and you could do it there and then.

Wow, she's adorable.

Oh man Nikumi's beef roti don looks amazing, I'd eat the hell out of that.

>enter thread because it's shokugeki saturday and new episode today
>realise the anime already finished airing
Oh.

Oh that's why her voice sounded so off in that episode, she's clearly not a voice actor.