He is our fucking guy, admit it

He is our fucking guy, admit it.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-10-01/anime-director-yamakan-declares-anime-dead/.107096

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-07/anime-director-yamakan-says-he-envies-makoto-shinkai-your-name-film/.106179
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How i anime dead if it's still alive and kicking?

>our guy
Fuck off to your home board.
>that article
>Yamakan and Otaking
Oh, boy. Two of the most retarded and arrogant people in the entire industry sat down to tell us why anime is dead.

Kill yourself.

>our guy meme
And stay dead.

>I want anime to be for normalfags only!

Thats all I got from this garbage article.

>normalfags
What? He fucking called moe "fascist" because purityfags wouldn't let him do as many panty shots as he wanted.

It's amazing how the man behind Haruhi and LUCKY STAR out of all things, would go out of his way to say anime is dead because of moe "unwritten rules".

>Yamamoto later praised a trend he discerned toward producing anime geared towards non-anime fans, using the metaphor of a crowd surging through the walls of a fortress. He says that many anime fans have girlfriends and other hobbies and defy the otaku stereotype

He's just butthurt because he couldn't Sekuhara anymore and was fired from WUG just like he was from KyoAnus. He should keep his fick in his pants before talking.

>was fired from WUG
Fired from WUG? His own studios show?

>A hypocrite and a one-hit wonder talking about how they hate what others do.

>our fucking guy
fuck off crossborder

He'a right guys. With Kimi no Na wa's success, studios will start making shitty normalfag melodramatic bullshit, the moe culture will be gone so they can cater to normalfags. Anime is dead.

Yep. He was let go from the management of WUG and from the studio itself. He's out.

Otaking and Yamakan shitting on moe? Now that's funny.

But Mitsuha is actually more moe than any other anime movie character this year and that includes a KyoAni movie.

He literally founded the studio and couldn't even keep a job there? That is too hilarious.

How does Yamakan make money? Like his wikipedia page says the last thing he did was WUG and that flopped badly.

>implying people didn't watch it for the genderbending

So Yamakan actually did retroactively save anime be letting the moe cancer kill it entirely?

>Yamakan actually took the meme seriously

You know people who work on anime get paid a wage right? Their pay isn't completely directly linked to the success of the show. They might have some bonus related to it though.

This sounds like some weird form of cultural marxism at work.

>directs lucky star
>thinks he can have an opinion

Like Tyrone, he gets paid by the Japanese internet to say stupid things in public.

Yeah but that was over 2 years ago, what is he doing recently.

When you have share holders being a founder means shit. He was let out.
Right now he's unemployed but he'll most likely go back to A1 or something of the caliber.

Pretentious people who can't really do anything but like to complain alot.
Sound legit.

IT'S HAPPENING!

So Cred Forums?

>literally only make shows about cute highschool girls doing nothing/being idols
>get mad because you want to add more fanservice
>praise mainstream/anti-otaku movies and claim the golden age ended when Miyazaki retired
So is Yamakan just making random shit up, or what?

More applicable to Cred Forums if anything, Cred Forums is actually pretty easy going compared to them.

Kinda, the difference is that these guys do it because of professional jealousy.

> Yamamoto took indefinite leave earlier this year to recuperate after "far too unreasonable circumstances piling up" caused him to be in poor health.
From OP's article.

It does seem like an non-cohesive rambling mess of controversial opinions basically, just like desperately shouting somebody notice me.

>muh dying anime

I love this meme.

Oh, and anime industry revenue grew 12% this year.

Meanwhile Japan's GDP rose 0.8% in the same time.

Poor dying anime.

That's how much of failure he is, congrats for him, Yamakan already surpassed Shinji levels of failure.

I always find it funny too that they always say this whilst the amount of anime being produced yearly in hours is always going up too. It is basic logic that production of some commodity wouldn't be going up if demand for it was falling. Whoever said "we are losing tons of money making this stuff we better keep making more and more!" Nobody.

He's not saying the industry is dying. Try actually reading the two paragraph article.

I said before but I will say again, anime is legacy for humanity, anime is likely to outlive Japan itself.

Yamakan is a clown and he knows it. The only thing he can do know is to be a meme guy on internet.

What these "creators" actually mean when they say anime is dying is "nobody makes the kind of anime I like and the kind of anime I want to make doesn't sell to anyone so I can't get it made".

Oh yes, they guy who made a girl falls from the sky anime and idol anime complains about the current state of the industry.

This, actually he may be even immortalized by his actions, people in future may even laugh at his words.

Didn't he save anime with Fractale?

Normalfags will never have much influence in anime because it's much more financially viable to pander to otakus.

Thank god.

Except Yamakan makes pretty generic sell-able anime, it just doesn't sell because he's bad at it.

He's just butthurt that he doesn't know how to make a show that other people find enjoyable anymore.

>makes pretty generic sell-able anime
Reasonable people would think that yes, but he sees his projects as different and more intelligent than those other similar shows. Like how WUG was supposed to show the gritty realities of being an idol or whatever, like a social commentary but was really tame and basically a generic idol show.

He got kicked out of Lucky Star 4 episodes in

>WUG was supposed to show the gritty realities of being an idol
Wait, what?

> Kimi no na wa is on track for selling more than Princess Mononoke.

Jesus christ. Seriously, every anime he makes not only sells better, but they seem to be flat-out improvements on their predecessors, in terms of both his weaknesses, and strengths.

Can anyone stop the man?

YAMAKAAAN

Well most people only remember a things about Lucky Star:

>The Chocolate cone scene;
>Creepy Tsukasa images
>That lesbian comic that always gets posted
>The opening's dance and music

Yamakan was responsible for half of it.

Jesus Christ, the dude is a fucking joke. He has been a bitch of the industry and Haruhi + Lucky Star almost planted the seeds for contemporary otaku culture and now he can only bitch about the industry.
He is a fucking joke.

>Movies like Godzilla Resurgence, your name., In This Corner of the World and Zootopia fit this category. Okada notes that these sorts of anime are not geared towards selling merchandise.
What kind of twisted world does Okada live in? Did he miss all the crossover toys with Evangelion?

These two are beyond salvation, two dudes who completely failed to make a name for themselves. The only thing they can do is bitch and cry because nobody wants to play with them anymore.

It lasted about one episode early on when the rookie producer books them a show at a bar full of dirty old men who made them wear swimsuits.

Nope he's the next Miyazaki. He'll only be stopped when he stops himself and retires.

>tfw he said he wants to make two more movies before he turns 50
>tfw only 43 right now
>tfw two more masterpieces in the next 7 years

>Otaking
>Retarded and arrogant

QFT

Hes like what Miyazaki would be if he stopped denying anime evolution.

> Tfw you really want to watch it, but know that the eyecancer chinese rips just won't do it justice.
> If we get a theatrical release here, it's going to be dubbed.

When do the Japanese BDs come out? Feburary? Time to brush up on my moon.

>When he watched your name., he felt as if he "still had friends," and he still has hope
And I bet he considers himself a peer of Shinkai too.

Did you read his last interview where he berated him for failing as a director?

Someone sub the WUG movies.

This one?
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-07/anime-director-yamakan-says-he-envies-makoto-shinkai-your-name-film/.106179

Sounds like he thinks he has had a chance to be THAT good.
With a bit of self-awareness he would have realized he has always been a hack with no skill and all his success comes from other people's work.

Not like Toshio Okada is any different.
And I am not surprised the two of them keep whining because nobody wants them.

He is pretty much correct.
Anime has become commercialized junk.
It's sad days when the only shows you can look forward to are the bland shounen series like Hero Academia and One Punch Man because they are one of the few breaking the mold of moeblob shittery.

Anime otaku are killing anime.

it's not dead but memekai and memeani will hurt things

>yamakan
No. Just no.

Why would anyone care what either of these two have to say? Yamakan is a joke, and he just likes to pitch a fit because his garbage work never sells. Otaking has done fuck all in the industry in 25 years, and even when he was active he was hardly a huge creative force behind the works he actually took part in. They're just a couple of crusty fucks sitting on their porch, complaining about how things were better in their day.

>anime is dead XDDD
No he's Cred Forums's guy. Go back and stay there, OP.

>the amount of anime being produced yearly in hours is always going up
I've never sen that measured. Only number of productions per year which is pointless if it leads to comparisons between 26 episode regular shows with 12 episode 5 minute shows made in Flash.

>made in flash
What does that have to do with anything?

>and even when he was active he was hardly a huge creative force behind the works he actually took part in
His screen play credits for Gunbuster and Otaku no Video which would be his claim to fame are not even real. They were written by Yamaga using his name as a pseudonym.

I think you know what I mean and are just trying to argue some irrelevant point.

Last season alone we had Arslan, Mononokean, 91 days, and even the flawed Outcast. This season there is Drifters, Natsume, 3-gatsu no Lion and Fune wo Amu. Maybe you just need to grow up from you kiddy taste, or at least expand it.

> Yamamoto prefers to operate by his own rules, but gets criticism when he does so
Gee, I wonder, maybe he gets criticized because his works are shit?

>and claims he "can't handle the times."
More like he just wants to be praised by people.

>"I feel like I'm already all alone," he says, and laments the lack of "anime he knows" like NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind or the original Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I just have to ask: what was he thinking while directing Wake Up Girls? Is that the kind of "anime he knows"?

> Okada went on to mock the recent Evangelion movies for their zombie-like fixation with moe characters.
Fucking snob. Why doesn't Okada try to produce something instead of whining? He has done jack shit in three decades, he has been irrelevant ever since Gunbuster and when his name had any weight in the industry it was thanks to other people working on the project.
I really don't understand how Anno could get close to such an asshole.

It was dead a few years back, all that shonen shit was all there was, it's way better now.

Anime has been commercialized junk for decades. It's not like it was some perpetual renaissance of animation that ground to a halt when Eva showed up. You're just mad that most of the (cherrypicked) stuff doesn't pander to your particular tastes any more.

Why does this even matter? This guy hasn't directed a good show in years.

That's simply wrong.
It wasn't in a renaissance but it wasn't pandering to virginal shitfucks either.
And there's a difference between being commercial and being commercialized.

>I simply can't discuss the business we are in without a bit of bitterness. Compared to some of the works from the 1950s that I will always hold as a gold standard, the animation we are making in the 1980s resembles the food served on jumbo jet airliners. Mass production has changed everything. The emotions and thoughts that should be so moving have given way to showiness, nervousness, and titillation. And work that should be done lovingly by hand has been whittled away at within organized production systems that focus on straight work for hire. I frankly despise the truncated word "anime" because to me it only symbolizes the current desolation of our industry.
This was a 1988 statement by the king of nostalgiafags, Hayao Miyazaki himself.

I wouldn't mind "anti-moe" stuff so much if the directors/writers didn't go out of their way to dump on moeshit. The bluntness makes their stuff seem like a reactionary effort than a labor of love if that makes sense.

>It's actually fucking real.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It's funny he tries to have this high end opinion on the industry when he was so desperate he decided to do a generic Idol anime that was a huge fucking failure.

Yeah well he's speaking of cartoons vs anime.
I'm speaking of the golden age of anime versus the zenith of the genre we're witnessing right now.

>80sfags being told they're the cancer killing japanese animation

It's like poetry. And I fucking love 80s anime.

>Yeah well he's speaking of cartoons vs anime.
What? No, he's talking about anime vs. anime.
> I'm speaking of the golden age of anime
And when was that?
> versus the zenith of the genre we're witnessing right now
I'm pretty sure you're trying to say "nadir," you illiterate faggot.

Shinkai is the most overrated director of this decade.

I forgot Fractale existed for the longest time, thanks for the laughs.

It doesn't look nearly as sad as the original.

What are you even saying?

> No, he's talking about anime vs. anime.
There was no anime before the 80s.
That word didn't exist.

That's not how words work.

It is.
The Turks are claiming they never committed a genocide because genocides were invented only after whatever the fuck they did.

I guess there were never any dinosaurs, then, since language didn't exist 60mya.

>anime he knows
Look at Fractale. He admitted that they had no idea how to write it and couldn't come up with a way to end it. The "anime he knows" only exists in hindsight.

When he tries to do something original he just fucks it up because he has no idea what he's trying to say, and doesn't have either the conviction or the ability to express his supposedly new way of thinking about the industry. So you just end up with something muddled and unremarkable. When he adapts existing works it just sort of comes out as middling unless the source material is good enough to stand on its own. Senyuu was good despite him, as it was mainly a gag manga with not a lot of complexity to either the visual or story structure.

Fucking #REKT

Those all suck though.

>I really don't understand how Anno could get close to such an asshole.

Watch Blue Blazes if you want a larger-than-life depiction of how that happened.