あんた translates to who

>あんた translates to who

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorkjets.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

だれ. どなた.
Are 'who' to my knowledge. Don't know ehat you're talking about.

>dumb EOPs try and complain about translation work

>not watching an anime where あんた is translated as who do you think you are or some other variation

>Arigatou translates to sorry

>Sumee Masen translates to "Thank You"

>karaage translate to KFC

sumimasen can be used as excuse me / sorry / thank you. Although the latter doesn't occur often

t. moonspeaking fag

forgot to say, it's not used much as thank you because it's seen as kind of rude. Just say arigatou or doumo instead.

>day jew boo translates to its gonna be alright

Sometimes literal translations don't make sense in English so it gets changed slightly so people aren't put off by awkward phrasing. There really isn't anything wrong with that

>phrase "shoujou manga" makes it into the dub untranslated
>actress says, "shojew mainga"

Except that あなた is actually 'You' but OP is being retarded as usual.

>あんた… だれだっけ?
>You... who are?
Yeah, あんた always means (you).

(あんた)

あなた isn't "You." The nuance is a lot more complicated.

>user starts going to DJT
>immediately starts trashtalking translators

>Keikaku dori translates to "Just according to keikaku"

TL Note: keikaku means plan

>rub a dub dub thanks for the grub

>"san kyu" translats to "thanks"

>"san kyu" translates to "arigatou"

>バカ translates to OP

Japanese is actually backwards, so the sentence "who are you" is "you are who" so translators have to pretend anta, which means you, actually means who.

>Japanese is actually backwards
何それ

>"san kyu" translates to "three kyu"

That was actually a pretty decent cultural translation.

You can't just cut out half the sentence and expect the same rules of grammar to apply

>"three kyu" translate to "27"

translating into English means applying the English rules of grammar. can you not be retarded

Japanese is an agglutinative language which uses flexible noun phrases. English used to be far more flexible in this regard but it is now highly rigid.

Can't be an Cred Forumsutist is you aren't insufferably autistic, now, can you?

But user, my language is the standard of normality and all the other people speak with weird noises and retarded grammar.

>sankyu translates to 39

Can I type "39" at a nip as some form a leetspeek and he'll know I mean thanks?

I know 88888 works as laughing and 801 is used for yaoi

Yes they will but it's corny elementary school tier humor.
I knew a guy named fukushima and his screen name was fu94ma.

That's kind of cute, at least.

>I knew a guy named fukushima and his screen name was fu94ma
Why not just boom?

>character says nii-san
>subs tells the character name

That's like a guy from New York calling himself Jet.

>BIG BRO!

It's used as thank you if you are thanking for some inconvenience you caused, for example. Like asking someone to help with carrying something or something like that.

>character says Nissan
>don't even get the model

>I know 88888 works as laughing
It's not, it's clapping.

あなた means "my dear"

パチパチ→88888
Wasn't expecting that.

And keikaku means itadaku.

Anata can be both you and dear, depending on the context. The entire concept of "you" is pretty fucking complicated in Japanese in the first place and you are pretty much guaranteed to sound rude to someone no matter what you do. Not to mention all the weebs who go around yelling OI KISAMAS.

newyorkjets.com

>have twenty ways of saying "you"
>they all actually mean something other than "you"

More like they all just sound plain rude so everyone either just uses your fucking name or comes up with a way to use context to make it clear who they are talking to.

A team name is a fair bit different to a personal name, user.

I got yelled at for calling someone omae. I'm a faggot for talking like an anime character but it made me realize how rude most anime characters are because they say it all the time.

Who did you say it to? I'd say omae is fine among friends, but it's extremely informal.

>-san
>Ms.
>Mr.

It was a girl I knew fairly well. We were talking on the phone and I said something about her and she snapped at me and said,
>お前って言うな!

Ah damn, well, don't take my word for truth but I'd say you kind of fucked up. I'd only ever use omae among male friends I've known for a long time. You know, the kind of people you would casually call a bastard and everyone would laugh it off.

>using omae with girls
>ever
What are you, fucking retarded or something?

Well I learned my lesson. On the bright side she said I did a good gay impression in Japanese.

>tfw a Japanese girl will never call you a faggot
Why live?

Kimi doesn't sound that rude though

Dunno, I would only use it with someone younger than me. Definitely not with a random stranger.

Say it to someone older than you and have fun getting your head kicked in.

Ki-ki-キサマ!!

Mother... fuckers!

OI KISAMAS,

WATASHI NO NAMAE WA ANANIMASU OFFU KAKUSU TO WATASHI WA KIRAI EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ANATA. ALL OF ANATA ARE FAT, BAKA BAKA

NO-LIFES WHO SPEND EVERY SECOND OF MAINICHI MITEIRUING AT BAKA PICTURES. ANATA WA SUBETE THAT IS WARUI IN THE SEKAI. HONTO

NI, HAVE ANY OF ANATA EVER GOTTEN ANY NEKO? I MEAN, WATASHI GUESS IT'S TANOSHI MAKING FUN OF HITOS BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN

UNKAWAIINESS, BUT MINNA TAKE IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. KORE WA WORSE THAN ONANI-ING TO PICTURES ON HESUBUUKU.

SHIRANAI HITO JA NAI DESHO? JUST HIT WATASHI AND BE SURE TO GANBARIMASU. WATASHI WA PRETTY MUCH PAAFEKUTO. WATASHI WAS

AMERIKAN FUTBORU NO CAPTAIN, TO WATASHI WAS HAJIMASHTATER ON WATASHI NO BASUKETOBOORU TEAM. DONNA SUPOTSU DO ANATA

ASANBOU, OTHER THAN "ONANI TO NAKED DRAWN NIPPONJIN"? WATASHI MO GET HOMO JA NAI A'S, TO WATASHI HAS A BANGING KAWAII

SHOJO (KANOJO WA BLOWJOB WO SHIMASHITA; KUSO WA HONTO NI CASH.) ANATA WA ALL KISAMAS DARE SHOULD JUST KOROSU THEMSELVES.

DOMO ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU FOR LISTENING.

>KUSO WA HONTO NI CASH

The homo ja nai A's is my personal favorite from that pasta.

>TFW you will never be mistaken as a girl because of gender neutral pronouns.

>It's another Japanese learning beginners act like they know better thread

I'm out boys

I have a problem of saying mainga instead of mahnga. I do it all the time and correct myself every single time I do it. "So I found a really interesting mainga, sorry, mahnga..." Is pretty common for me.