/tpn/ - The Promised Neverland chapter 9

out on Mangastream!

mangastream.com/r/neverland/009/3715/1

Discuss

So, is this manga any good?

It's entertaining enough, although I don't think it's WSJ material.

Scary ass nigga

Spooky Nigga Mama

Are they really considering to kill her? Wew

She's a good player in this mindgame, I thought she was a bit stupid

Nigga Mama Combo Punch

All these rape faces.
What is the deal with glasses girl?

Nigga Mama Rape Attack

atleast he's not dragging it
they're escaping next week
author knows its getting cancelled soon

>nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga
Fuck off back to Cred Forums, you triggered hicks

Wow nigga, chill a bit.

Holy shit please don't let this manga get cancelled.

this manga gets worse with each chapter, that new woman just looks too silly to take seriously, and the young kids are being regarded as retards.
Even 5 year olds know that in a game of tag you don't get distracted by such a stupid thing like leaves with images on them

Don't mind cancelfag's wishful thinking.

>this manga gets worse with each chapter,
Not really.

>that new woman just looks too silly to take seriously
Not with her face.

>and the young kids are being regarded as retards.
They are kids man.

>Even 5 year olds know that in a game of tag you don't get distracted by such a stupid thing like leaves with images on them
Not at all. It seems like you don't know any kids, but it's easy to make them lose their attention or focus on anything else.

:

Black people look retarded in this manga.

I hope they escape, it really seemed like this story was going nowhere quickly. Either way I think I'm done with it unless I hear something happened.

>Color page to celebrate the amazing success
Please live dammit

It's getting kind of grating how everyone is beautiful apart from the black person, who's drawn as a 7-foot-tall billowing clown monster.

This manga went full retarded. I give it one or two more chapters before dropping it.

Not that user, but this is so getting cancelled. This isn't something that's meant for the average WSJ reader. Unless it is dumbed down (which defeats the whole point of this series), it's going to get cancelled.

>Black people look retarded
That's all you needed to say.

But there's the :3 shota and other black kids that look normal

The dumb midboss is ugly, more news at 11.

This is nipland we're talking about, most black characters featured in manga and anime are typical stereotypes and have names like big mama.

It ranked 6 this week and 4 last week, so I'd say it's doing good enough. Not getting cancelled for now.

Yup

This, people are fucking blind. I hate it when Niggas get offended over nothing.

Fuck off to tumblr.

I'm usually not one to jump to this opinion but she does feel like a racist caricature. At least she's human rather than a demon (which would have even more unfortunate implications).

Which is effectively undone, by showing other black characters normally and making her the antagonist of the arc.

>Not really.
yes really

>Not with her face.
especially her face

>Not at all. It seems like you don't know any kids
i talk with kids every day, they are not retards no matter how many adults want to think so, they are simply inexperienced but not idiots or have add automatically

>Nigga
>Canceled
>Cred Forums
So is nobody going to discuss the manga? Why do we even have chapter threads if all there is going to be is shitposting?

>implying nipland is the only place to do that

Found the 5 year old posting on Cred Forums

>yes really
Nice that you explained your opinion so well.

>especially her face
She looks like shes about to fuck 'em up in almost every panel. What do you want more?

>i talk with kids every day, they are not retards no matter how many adults want to think so, they are simply inexperienced but not idiots or have add automatically
Your pretty degenerate if you expect a childs attention span to be as big as an adults. This has nothing to do with ADD. Anything "foreign" will capture their attention and the leaves having marks was just that. This makes perfect sense.

>she does feel like a racist caricature
This

We can discuss Megane's endgame if you want.

>If you're not a racist, you must be from tumblr
Flawless logic, Cred Forums

That's obviously me.

Manga is shit. No wonder it gets all this shitposting user.

Blame Cred Forums for getting triggered even by a drawing of a black person.

>Why do we even have chapter threads
I wonder about this too

Sister Krone suspects Gilda for suspecting Emma. Anyone wanna bet this is gonna bite Krone in the ass? she's going to accuse Gilda of knowing about the farm and revealing all their is to know about the farm to her causing Gilda to get shipped of to be harvested and Mama then having Krone reported and executed for her exposing information to a child who knew nothing all along.

>betrays the group
>only the main three escape
>timeskip
>megane is a mama

I dropped this at chapter 2 and it looks like it got even worse

We don't know that. They could easily be brown.

I get that she's supposed to be menacing, but the combination of that, plus her being the only one given racial features, looking ugly as fuck, and the maid outfit makes her feel like a caricature. I know I could easily explain why she looks the way she does without referring to racism, and while it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the manga, it doesn't make her character feel any less unfortunate.

It went full retarded.

>We don't know that. They could easily be brown.
Now this is autism on a new level. It's like you WANT to be offended.

Do any of them have fucking afros or what? They just have shaded skin so they could be Indian or something else.

>Nice that you explained your opinion so well.
nice that you explained your disagreement so well

>She looks like shes about to fuck 'em up in almost every panel. What do you want more?
for her to look like a human, not a clown

>our pretty degenerate if you expect a childs attention span to be as big as an adults
it is, you seem to be the one who needs to be more around kids.

> Anything "foreign" will capture their attention and the leaves having marks was just that
i won't deny that, that is part of the whole inexperience thing, but that's just it, it might catch their attention, but they won't follow it like a retard. Normal people/kids don't go "ooh, a piece of candy, ooh, a piece of candy, ooh, a piece of candy"

my guess is your "experience" with kids is a little brother, in that case, your brother is just a retard most likely. If you hang around kids due to a job like i do, then you probably just look at them with prejudice without giving them the respect they deserve.

>Every Nigga has an afro
Who is the racist here?

>nice that you explained your disagreement so well
How can I explain anything when you didn't say how it was getting worse?

>for her to look like a human, not a clown
She looks more demonish than a human or clown. Why could that be, retard?

>it is, you seem to be the one who needs to be more around kids.
It literally isn't. What the hell, man?

i won't deny that, that is part of the whole inexperience thing, but that's just it, it might catch their attention, but they won't follow it like a retard. Normal people/kids don't go "ooh, a piece of candy, ooh, a piece of candy, ooh, a piece of candy"
Of course they would. When you see a hundred dollar on the ground as a kid, you would 100% take it and if there was more, you'd check that out.

>my guess is your "experience" with kids is a little brother, in that case, your brother is just a retard most likely. If you hang around kids due to a job like i do, then you probably just look at them with prejudice without giving them the respect they deserve.
Nope, you're ignoring why kids are kids and not adults in the first place.

Nips don't give a fuck about your opinions on race, and it's going to stay that way. Just read the manga. It's probably for the best that this place dies in 3 weeks.

Can someone please elaborate on what they don't like about it? All I see is shitposting.

The point being that there are no indicators or confirmation that (any of) the darker kids specifically black, so contrasting them with Krone is a moot point.

I get why she's depicted this way, but it doesn't mean there aren't any unfortunate implications.

>kill her

damn nigga u so cold

>The point being that there are no indicators or confirmation that (any of) the darker kids specifically black, so contrasting them with Krone is a moot point.
>skin color doesn't matter
OK.

They were able to outrun a nigga

Not bad

>skin color doesn't matter

I don't know how you got that but OK.

You indirectly said that them being black doesn't mean that they are really black. Just wow.

This.

So just to be clear there is no discussion about this chapter in this thread just shitposting about Cred Forums, how this will get cancelled and "le this is a shit mango xD" right?

There are other races with dark skin, you know. All I said was that we don't know what races they are, so comparing the darker kids to Krone is an invalid argument.

Pretty much. I'm excited for the start of the arc next week.

We briefly talked about Megane, but there's not really much to talk about this chapter.

>All I said was that we don't know what races they are, so comparing the darker kids to Krone is an invalid argument.
At the same time you can't say for sure that they aren't "black" so complaining about Krone being a filthy nigga and the author being racist in that aspect is plain wrong. This really is tumblr sjw shit that begs for something to be offended by.

Norman, my nigger.

>People being this mad about some people using the word nigger
>On Cred Forums

Seriously? People have given zero fucks about saying nigger all over this site long before Cred Forums. It was so commonly used that people for a time used double nigger when they wanted it to actually be insulting. Are you going to tell people to stop using faggot next?

>we kill the sista
Dayum this animes just hit a sharp incline its fuckin going places compared to the usual words words words
Lets see some kid-on-adult action and not in the normal way we're used to seeing on this board

Cred Forums circa 2016

Anyone feel the arts improved? Compare Norman here to some of his reaction faces back in chapter 1

The premise isn't THAT original but the execution is near flawless. Lots of intrigue and strategy, with a pacing revealing new information little by little.

Dead thread

That's because before nobody cared about anything, Cred Forums was apolitical as hell
Now you have Cred Forums that is basically constantly filled with shitty political agenda.
It's not the same connotation at all, even the old Cred Forums or /news/, Cred Forums now isn't different from reddit

She knows that Emma and Norman saw something that night, and has noticed them acting strange.

That's a lie. Cred Forums is a lot more cancerous than leddit.

>At the same time you can't say for sure that they aren't "black"
That is true.
>Krone being a filthy nigga and the author being racist
I fully understand why she is depicted this way. I just said that she felt like a racist caricature due to the combined nature of her characteristics, which although probably unintentional, doesn't make her depiction less unfortunate.

I liked the fact that Krone rused Emma to breath heavily saying things that would upset her and find her

Do we know how it's ranking yet?

used to be pretty liberal actually

So, how will the Manga continue once they inevitably escape? Will they try to find "The Promised Neverland", a place where humans are safe from demons on the other side?

And of course, they're keeping the murder thoughts secret from Emma. I wonder how she'll react when she finds out. Would she go through with it if it means saving her siblings? Will she try and disuade them because she thinks she could be an ally?

Mama will be revealed to raising the kids and she's actually a good guy and also they're actually on a gigantic flying ship and Earth is desolate and filled with poisonous gas

Good thing nips don't kowtow to nigs or care about your virtue signaling

I've seen plenty of caricature'd villains throughout various manga and anime, I don't see how it's suddenly racist when it's done on a black character.

When discussing the possibility of a world controlled by demons, Emma talks about making a place safe for humans in chapter 2 or 3 so i'm guessing their aim is to either find or create "The promised neverland"

>a gigantic flying ship
A gigantic flying ship that bothers simulating the sunrise and sunset? That simulates the 4 seasons? Seems like too much effort.

You just don't undahstand.

>This
Also with the kids narrowing down roughly where on earth the farm is located in, i'm certain it takes place on earth rather than another dimension or something.

That was the first election I was able to vote.
I almost drank the Kool-Aid but I'm so fucking glad I stuck to my guns and voted for Barr.
>Barack used Change
>8 years later, Gitmo is still open

they're literally at it. They don't need to 'escape'

Mama already figured it out, the 'promised neverland' is literally just the orphanage.

She probably escaped in the past and realized that the only safe fucking place there is, is at the orphanage.

That's the twist. The twist is that they escape, realize that there's literally nowhere for them to survive cause they might die from the monsters, and then return after realizing that the orphanage is the safest place to be. Next arc is Mama telling them they're stupid for even trying and the three protags being all like "Y-You're wrong! there has to be a way!!!"

Norman's my favorite so far, I really hope he doesn't die.

Glasses girl is a candidate to become a Mama. Emma probably was at some point too, but she's too smart to not harvest.

Didnt she have a demon shadow in her first appearance?

Because she's an agent of the demons. She's clearly human, we saw a flashback of her as a kid doing tests.

So with the escape happening next chapter, how do you guys think the "Tifari" ceremonial feast is gonna play into this? The demons apparently worship some sort of deity who needs to have a high quality meal but the Gracefield farm is the only who can produce high quality goods in time (the trio) Are the demons gonna get fucked over when their deity goes on a rampage from an unsatisfactory meal?

There's something I'm surprised they haven't commented on yet.
They're clearly getting their food and other resources from somewhere, which means every so often they must have someone come to deliver goods.

Characters are only as smart as the author. No one worth half a damn becomes a mangaka.

Maybe to compensate for the lack of quality, they'll have to make up for it by increasing the quantity of meat being given as an offering. So the kids escaping would lead to most of the kids in another orphanage getting eaten.

It's clear that the demons deliver the food when they come to pick up new goods.

>At least she's human rather than a demon
Except they showed her as a demon in disguise when she was introduced and I'm assuming that Mama is at the very least part-demon.
Well I guess some Jamaicans could classify as being demonically possessed.
No your just a faggot who can't sift through the shitposts and use the hide and report function properly.
>and not in the normal way we're used to seeing on this board
>not enjoying the comfy lolis
Pic related.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, it's the only time they know that the gates ever open.

Come to think of it, assuming they have books about food in the library, if they pay close attention to the food they have, they could probably make a rough guess of where in the world they could be.

>Except they showed her as a demon in disguise when she was introduced and I'm assuming that Mama is at the very least part-demon.
That wasn't the implication fucktard. We saw nigga mama as child already.

Didn't they show Mama is a normal human previously. She even had her own number tattoed on her neck.

>but the execution is near flawless.
ARE YOU KIDDIN ME?

No we haven't

Yes

yes we did

fucking speedreader

I feel i really have to agree with you here... Isabella is shown doing this kind of face as well, but uses normal, kind expressions too as a counterpoint. Krone is only here to leer and grimace. I think if we saw her acting normally more, or if the races of those two characters were swapped, it would be better... it's just kind of weird to use the first spotlight on a black character in this manga in this way.

Odds are none of the main trio will die anytime soon. It's open season for everyone else.

Few weeks back people were discussing his death flags all over so I'm just a bit worried.
I also think it's weird to kill off one of the main trio like that, though.

This author has already heard of a script tip called show, don't tell?

Yes. However, retards on Cred Forums seem to be misunderstanding what it actually means.

Does the fact that the American WSJ is still running this series mean anything? If it's popular in the West, would Shueisha care?

>retards on Cred Forums seem to be misunderstanding what it actually means
Like you.

>the author

you mean just all of Japan?

>literally any fantasy anime ever
>any anime that requires world-building because it's different from the modern world
>any anime where it's like a competition or a game

>one character spends half the chapter/half the episode explaining how the world works
>one character spends half our time explaining different races, different rules, different laws
>one character spends half our time having inner monologue explaining why they're doing what they're doing

The author for TPN seems to do a good enough job with showing and not telling, though. 'Show, don't tell' is just for exposition, and I don't seem to recall the author doing something like that for every chapter that's unwarranted.

if you want an example of someone not following 'show, don't tell', then watch Kiznaiver.

You sure showed me. As a reminder, your ADD getting triggered isn't the author ignoring Show, don't Tell.

The only time there's exposition, it's because the characters are trying to figure things out and exposit what they know in order to theorize about what they don't.

It's a mystery manga in which the mystery and suspense are explained through text. Even Shitenki in Kyojin know how to be more spontaneous.

>The only time there's exposition, it's because the characters are trying to figure things out and exposit what they know in order to theorize about what they don't.
In other words: all the time.

every time the characters experience something they spend the very next panel telling the reader how they're feeling.

then again this is a staple to almost every manga out there, but that doesn't forgive the fact that it's a boring way to tell a narrative.

Manga can also convey narrative through its art too, y'know. But it seems that most mangaka do not understand this.

Well, showing the demons out of nowhere in chapter 1 and later in chapter 6/7 was a show, don't tell.

MITSUKETA

One thing I agree: there is a lot of talk and little drama. The main characters (the boys, especially) are more plot devices than people.

>/tpn/

Seriously? Suicide nigger.

They become food either way, I don't see how the orphanage could be more "safe". Especially the 3 protagonists who are supposedly gonna die very soon. They don't have anything to loose.

I'm waiting for it to be revealed that the farm is located in Japan and there's an anti-demon resistance group thats led by the casual self insert Japanese character who weilds a katana.

Did Norman and Ray suddenly age 6 years in this panel?

>Manga can also convey narrative through its art too, y'know.
especially if it is a manga about suspense/mistery/horror. the author will not scare me or worry me or surprise me if he doesn't shut up.

im guessing that norman will be a traitor in the future

He either fake dies now and comes back as a antagonist, or he disagrees with whatever Emma is trying to do at some point and becomes a antagonist

It's the same destination either way

I disagree, if there's going to be a traitor it's either going to be Ray or Megane. Norman seems like the kind of guy who "will do anything for the person they love", be it killing someone or sacrificing themselves.

Ray on the other hand was already described by Krone as "quick to give things up", and Megane is probably suspicious of the trio and will tell on them at some point.

>they're escaping next week
How can we be sure of that?

Definitely more bishounen, a lot less forehead

Is this the author's first manga? I agree that his narrative needs a bit more work, but should this not get cancelled he might be able to improve on that department.

Though the fact that this is the method a lot of manga use to tell narrative doesn't make me too hopeful, WSJ might pressure him to continue this way.

Just ignore the shitposter, nigga. He's always there in every thread.

Because there's really nothing to discuss.

Don't bother. They're shitposters like you said.

Dunno why this manga got shitposted every thread. It's not even popular.

If it doesn't get cancelled, it'll probably get more popular with time.

Sure

Surely the editor would never ruse us

It just says that "the GFH Escape Arc" begins!"
Doesn't mean they'll actually escape next week, t will probably take a while.

Judging from the fact that next week chapter is the first of "Grace Field House Escape "arc, I'm kinda sure they won't succeed in one chapter, given all the difficulties they have

So, what is more reliable?
A shitty popular phrase or an entire medium who's shown the success of monologue style narrative?
Show don't tell has always been a retarded statement which has led to the dumbing down of exposition in western media.

>it's successful so it's good

Morgiana's legs drive me crazy.

WRONG BOARD ABORT

Yo

You are criticizing someone who's on your side man

Oh, excuse me if I want to read a suspense manga and not an illustrated report.

its not just that its successful but that everything about japanese comics is made to be super expressive. Everything about manga has blushing, fire in the background, lightning sparks flying between too rivals or even the overdone analogies used in Kaiji. Its all meant to hammer a point hard. This allows manga to have a deeper narrative that can still be understood by a Japanese audience.

Even the shows that are meant to be mysterious and hard to understand hit you over the head with how we know nothing.

So is there an still functioning outside world?

Is there a demon killing resistance?

So Norman have the balls to try to kill someone

I bet he will die protecting Emma and also killing the sister or at least attempting to harm mama while buying time for the others.

Well, we know that there must be farmland somewhere out there.

I'd say this is the likeliest possibilities. Kill Krone and Isabella, and allow the others to escape.

That said, I don't think the other kids will make it.

The mangaka is starting to draw Norman more handsome from time to time.

Anyone else dropped it at this point? How fucking awful writing

What's wrong with it? It's been established since chapter 1 that Norman is good at tag because of his tactics.

>What's wrong with it?
I could write an essay but you wouldn't be able to comprehend it because you can't tell good from bad writing

Are you dumb? He obviously knew the place better then her, so he could trick her into thinking that she got him. How is that bad writing? It actually shows where his strenght's at.

You're retarded, I bet you were the user flabbergasted at the 'plot twist' in the first chapter.

>literally having no argument and ignoring the estabilished character traits
Kill (You)rself.

It's the blatant exposition from Krone's part. This page is trying to 'show' that Norma was able to outsmart Krone, but the text here, particularly the very last part, beats you over the head about how she's at a disadvantage, as opposed to just having her think something more mild, "how is he doing this?" "when did he get there?" and have the reader reach their own conclusion that yes, despite her prowess she's being forced to chase after him, as opposed to being told this in one panel.

At least, that's what bugged me.

>Being this bad at baiting

I'm starting to think that this manga is actually too clever for you to comprehend it

I think the point is that both boys knew the entire time they'd have to kill Mama and Kuro-onee and were actively prioritizing the feasibility of doing so, while Emma really is the naive member of the trio.

kek what the fuck.

Timeskip confirmed?

that's not what an 18 year old looks like
at least not in anime

I hope it's not all talk; if they really do kill one of the adults and WSJ shows it I'll be impressed.

I think sister Harambe is toast, since she's just thematically a warm-up to the even more physically imposing demons.

I suspect Mama will survive as a longer-term antagonist.

She'll probably just transform into a demon so that they can kill her off at the appropriate time.

demons being transformed humans all along would be such a cop-out, but I'm quite afraid of that upcoming "twist".

It's not really for 'cop out' reasons but to get past the age ratings.

But what else do you expect? Them to be actual humans? It just doesn't make sense.

It would only be a big cop-out if any of the main kids gets that ability.

please god no

If they're humans, wouldn't that be cannibalism? Would jump run with that?

They're still kicking themselves for passing on AoT due to the shit art and AoT recently had titan Armin eating Colossal-titan-kun.

Well, chapter 1 had a 6 year-old's corpse shown, so clearly the editors are giving them leeway.

I guess it's inevitable that the kids will eventually need abilities beyond "being good at tag".

Was that that mutilated corpse with a plant in it? I don't quite remember but I suppose you're right

hmm, kind of makes me want to drop the series right now since I don't see a timeskip happening this soon into the story and I can't think of another way to power up quickly. Not that it wouldn't be possible to drag this series out a little first.

That reminds me they haven't explained the flower going through her body. I'm guessing it's related to the flower the demon was holding on chapter 7, but what is it? Some kind of plant power?

Fuck. If this was a game and I saw THAT chasing after me I'd shit myself.

Looks like, found this on chapter 7.

Naruto and one piece have more horror than that, the slow pacing and repetitive conversations will kill this manga.

Huh I must've been retarded, they always intended on killing

I don't really understand chapter 1 having reread it just now, the flower is the method she was killed with right? Or is it something that grows out of your body at that age? why would they need to kill the body right there (other than to show of their hostility to the audience, and main characters)

Anime when?
Also, why the fuck did Jump even publish this manga to begin with?
What was the last time we have a child get killed and eaten in a Jump manga?

Naruto doesn't.

What?

The series is doing super well, it's not being cancelled

>super well
4 and 6 is good enough, not super well.

By that logic Jump would only have 5 long-running titles

You don't get it. If the next four rankings should be 7- for some reasons, it's already close enough to get axed just for that.

>actually thinking Jump cares about profitability
They cancelled Bleach despite netting several hits in the top 100 yearly volume sales

That nigga sista panel and the one where Mama was checking on Emma are actually pretty damn unsettling.

They care about rankings though. Bleach was an exception, because it made a good amount of cash. Yet it was cancelled eventually.

>bleach was an exception yet it was cancelled
Jump just keeps series it wants to keep. They don't care about rankings or profitability. They will keep this because they like it. They don't care about rankings.

LOL.

You mean the ranks for Ghosts Tits? Which is generally a centerfold series.

But the Takoban sales are super good, so it's a success despite that.

The same will be true for TPN if the first volume does well.

>They don't care about rankings or profitability.
How new are you?

>if
Ghost Tits and BC were lucky that they sold enough to appear in the oricon list. Demon samurai or what that shit is called, batsu and blablabla didn't. I doubt that the first volume of this will sell more than 15k.

>how new
Not an argument. Try to refute me or don't post at all

>Not an argument. Try to refute me or don't post at all
There's nothing to argue about. If you deny the relevance of the rankings, you're plain in denial.

still no argument

still in denial, so lurk more

I asked this earlier. Would the fact the American WSJ is running TPN (which means its presumably popular with western readers) have any effect on any decisions by Jump's board in the event that it goes down in rankings in Japan?

It has 0 effect as Viz also picked up the other two manga that came out around the same time as TPN, namely Red Sprite and Love Rush. Viz knows that at the least one of them will be axed 100%.

I see. How are Red Sprite and Love Rush doing in the rankings?

Hopefully it's Love Rush, Red Sprite is at least entertaining

Love Rush ranks next issue. Red Sprite ranks in Issue # 56.

Neither is ranked yet.

Oops, I mean Issue #46

Love Rush is now the only romance Manga in Jump, right? They might keep it just for that, until a better one comes around.

Ghost tits is also """""romance"""""

Haikyuu too
i'm a fujo

You are vastly overestimating 5 year olds. Actually if you are being serious you may have autism

Why the gate ceiling and the part below the demon table are all made by gears and pipes?

Other than the fact that they are probably manufactured by the same people

Also, has someone the Viz scans? The mangastream quality is low as usual, and I would like to observe the details of the pictures.

I'm not american and I don't even know if I can buy the series on Viz.

Forgot pic

And it was retarded on their part. Bleach made more than most of their other series and for years. To cancel something like this for several new series which need years to built up the same fanbase is just horrible business management.

ask wsjd kun

HOLY FUCK NORMAN BRUH CHILL

>i don't want black people in manga if they actually look black

>Why the gate ceiling and the part below the demon table are all made by gears and pipes?
I don't know, but I think that demons' faces look kinda robotic. And then you have all these gears. Maybe they are sort of androids and not really demons.

Maybe the artist is trying to experiment with altering style to suit different moments. Having Norman in his older look made his motion to kill the mama's much more dramatic.

quit falseflagging Cumskin

She's ugly, yeah ugly people come in every race. But when the one and only black character is hideous and the white ones are good looking, it really says something. Even Kubo knew how to draw black women and he was incompetent.

It's exactly what I was thinking too. What if the kids aren't even killed? Maybe Conny was like paralyzed by that flower, and the purpose of the kids is not to eat them. I don't know. It is really strange to WSJ to have a series that has kids being killed and eaten as a main theme

finally a shonen protagonist I can get behind

>can get behind

He is amazing.

I used to think that they were aliens, not demons, but since it's clear they have some weird occult ritual and an offering to an entity, I'm nog sure anymore. I doubt they're robots, since when do robots do satanic rituals and eat children?

Emma is the protagonist though

This manga is amazing. Glad I found it.

>shonen jump
>one of the main characters will kill someone
>sure

people here are more naive than I though

Well, maybe they are crazy robots. I'm not sure, but some of them even have sort of gas masks with hoses.

Emma is pissing me off so much. She is not pretty and she has annoying personality.

This series lacks dramatic atmosphere. The idea is cool, but they talk too much. I mean, all the time. The storytelling gets overloaded.

Who?

I think she is fine. Who cares if she isn't pretty? Norman loves her and that's enough.

I think it's more the fact that there's a pair of 12 y.o.s premeditating murder, whether they succeed or not.

It's quite frankly the only viable strategy in their situation, so it's great seeming them realize and pursue it.

>Norman loves her and that's enough
For him. I still hate her.

The look on his face definitely changed this chapter. I wonder how Emma will take the idea of killing the sister.
Probably
>"If we kill them then we are no better than the monsters!"
>cryingface.jpg
Spare me, I hope they just do it. Kill or be killed kids.
I have a feeling Isabella has been waiting to raise the perfect children to escape and will somehow use their plot to flee to accomplish her own escape.

The Demons remind me of the 456 from Torchwood: Children of the Earth. They were an alien race that literally used children as drugs, and they tried to blackmail the world governments into giving them 10% of all children in the world.

>I have a feeling Isabella has been waiting to raise the perfect children to escape and will somehow use their plot to flee to accomplish her own escape.

That's an interesting idea. We don't really know if there's any place worth going to outside however and Krone was talking about how glad she was to be "back on this side".

the idea of this all taking place within a different dimension is appealing and would suffice as an option supporting the other side
I really can't imagine what this unknown land wherein Krone was prior to being stationed in the farm is like..
Wherever she was we should take note that her physical and mental capabilities were exercised as depicted in this chapter..
Shit maybe she was a forced surrogate I have no fucking clue

Could they kill her with a fork?

a question better suited for Cred Forums

cause they're gonna ship her user. They want to preserve the food

I think the rose is just a presentation thing

why did they kill her in such an unprofessional way then? Why didn't they just drug her, then kill her later? Why didn't they kill her and put her into a tube right away?

In the official VIZ scans the demons talk about completing a ritual before putting Connie's body on the container.

maybe they were in the process of pickling her and the MCs stumbled upon her right then.

It's like when you have gold flaked truffles. It's just a way of making food more extravagant by having a rose sticking out

I hope Black Soul Sistah doesn't died. She would have an interesting relation with the kids, especially if she plans to use them to take out mama.

So the demons are also giants?

The fork is pretty much a metaphor for killing though.

Is Norman a psychopath or something

his whole life is confined in a fucking orphanage, and he has the capacity to plot murder on someone?

The two who put Conny in the jar were as high as the truck, while the one with the kids data was a bit taller than Isabella. Since the one to the far right in the pic where all the demons are at the table is probably Gupna, I would say that all of them are tall as a human or a bit more

Is Sister Krone the only other adult they've ever seen?

Yes

>Your weakness is your naviety, you'd attemp to take others with you when you should be focusing on saving yourself
She is dead, bro

Fuck off cumtard

>It's quite frankly the only viable strategy in their situation, so it's great seeming them realize and pursue it.
and is bullshit too, not only because it will not happen, but also makes it look like they are cold sociopaths. shit, even if it is the only way, the author should work more their internal conflict. they were silly children few days ago, and now they act like golgo 13?

Mama read them fairytales and those are full of murders.

No, I think that's the only "weapon" they have. I doubt they have sharp knives so it is an allegory of how weak they are.

Wrong thread, friend.

>Bertholdt said he believe Armin is the one who will ‘save’ them.
More Armin wankery? Fucking hell.

Kill yourself

He saw a girl he saw a sister brutally murdered by demons and found out the one person he trusted above all was evil.

Do humans learn about killing or is that just something we pick up on later on?

Do we know that people die when they are killed? Am I a fucking idiot for asking these questions?

I'm legit serious. Would a kid hypothetically understand mortality and murder if he was kept isolated from civilization with other people from birth and still learned his basic education and learned how to socialize?

Yes, you are retarded for asking.

I don't know, go read about feral children raised by monkeys or something.

It's weird that one or two insanely bad posters got mad over this when just about everyone here regularly refers to the goddamn scanlator of this series as Niggastream.

Also we're not the mangaka who is drawing the black sister as some sort of creepy big-lipped monster while the white one gets to be merely sort of creepy.

Of course Isabella the white lady gets to remain that sort of "creepy/cold but sorta beautiful" look but soul sista' here is drawn like ultra giga nigga for some reason.

The mangaka's twitter is really fucking awesome- they do really good and frequently colored art.

AROUND BLACKS

NEVER RELAX

yeah, she's borderline sambo-esque

the desire to inflict physical harm on particular others is 100% biological, and while killing (at least manslaughter) is a natural potential consequence, wanting to kill somebody and knowing what exactly that means is a more learned thing.

maybe the outside world is full terraformars