What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pdlkAK4J0-A
youtube.com/watch?v=IiefOJ1Li8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing

Satsuki.

Kiryuin Satsuki had enough charisma to carry the show on her own.

Satsuki.
It was all in all a stupid fun ride with a weaker later half, some fun characters and a great soundtrack.
But mostly it was Satsuki.

Almost nothing

A few scenes early on maybe?

It failed in every capacity.

Episode 1 was great. Not many shows manage that.

>It was all in all a stupid fun ride with a weaker later half
I must be the only person on Cred Forums who didn't have any major problem with the second half. Yes, the middle of the series was weak after the Elite 4 were defeated, but things picked up again from episode 18 onwards.

I will admit that the finale felt rushed though.

>It failed in every capacity.
What does that even mean?
What a stupid post.

Great art direction, Satsooki is cool, some fights were great, the plot is retarded in the right way to be fun.

Everything apart from the boring uneventful ending.

Mostly Nui.

It certainly still had its moments. Everthing on that ship was awesome.

Don't lose your weight.

Even the debut of the boat was god-tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=pdlkAK4J0-A

>but things picked up again from episode 18 onwards.

>episode 23
>ED starts playing
>mfw

It was poorly animated, there were no interesting characters, the direction was far from his best work, the plot was trash, the humor was humorless, the music was decent but extremely repetative, and I could go on.

It was a major disappointment, and I was really excited for it.

Sanbika wasn't the ED, user.

Are you sure you aren't getting confused with then Ambiguous played during episode 24?

Inferior TTGL.

Only waifufags disagree.

>I was really excited for it
So what were you comparing it too, TTGL?
Because KlK is obviously superior in term of characters, humor and plot.

Comparing it to TTGL is an insult to TTGL

TTGL was one of the many elements they attempted to emulate in this clusterfuck, but it was so far off it shouldn't be compared.

>Because KlK is obviously superior in term of characters, humor and plot.
Okay, I love KLK - personally I prefer it ever so slightly to TTGL. But nobody in their right mind would say that KLK is objectively better than KLK as an anime.

Wrong. TTGL had simplistic plot and characters, but at least the characters had a tiny bit of depth and humanity to them. KLK was like bad fanfiction-tier writing. It was a clusterfuck, TTGL is no masterpiece but it's simple fun.

Stop baiting with shitty opinions.

Oh and in terms of humor, TTGL wasn't even a comedy, but it's occasional humor was better than KLK as well, I think a more fair example here would be PSG, which blows KLK out of the fucking water.

>I think a more fair example here would be PSG, which blows KLK out of the fucking water.
PSG blows most anime out of the water in terms of humour though.

*KLK is objectively better than TTGL

Fucking hell, I'm retarded.

True, but if we are talking about KLK specifically, which attempted to emulate PSG and TTGL with a bit of classic shojo in there, it applies as a valid comparison

>objectively
>the characters had a tiny bit of depth and humanity to them
Not really. TTGL's cast doesn't even exist outside of the main characters. Trying to compare those background characters that only exist to die at the end and make you feel sad to the side character of KLK is unfair.
And the main characters generally have little going on for them outside of their narrative function too. There's not much to say about Simon aside from the fact that he's the guy that goes from zero to hero. We don't even see him talk about his parents after the beginning. Not that it's necessarely bad, they're different kind of shows, KLK is more character driven, but claiming TTGL has better characters is ridicolous.
>KLK was like bad fanfiction-tier writing
Elaborate or it means nothing.
>TTGL is no masterpiece but it's simple fun.
So I don't think you understood TTGL either.
>TTGL wasn't even a comedy, but it's occasional humor was better than KLK as well
Neither was KLK. And not really. How about you compare some jokes to explain what was bad about them?
>I think a more fair example here would be PSG
90% of the jokes in PSG were toilet humor, KLK doesn't have many of those.
>which attempted to emulate PSG and TTGL
But it didn't.
>with a bit of classic shojo in there
What? Do you knoww what the sources of inspiration were?

>90% of the jokes in PSG were toilet humor
>KLK doesn't have many of those.
>mfw

Just stop giving KLK fans a bad name, will you please?

Have you even watched the shows?
KLK doesn't have any more toilet humor than TTGL.

The fact that you refuse to concede any of my valid points means that you are either willfully ignorant or actually ignorant. This conversation isn't worth it. Bye.

>my valid points
ahah
I'm just trying to discuss you big baby. Is that too much for you?

I can't believe the same guys who made this garbage also created TTGL

As somebody who loves KLK, flaws and all, would you please shut the hell up?

>you refuse to concede any of my valid points
And notice that's not even true. I didn't argue that TTGL has better animation, because KLK obviously isn't very consistent on that front, even if it has several well animated episodes.

Thanks for the contribution.
As somebody who loves KLK, why are so hostile to discussion? How about trying to address one of the points I made?

Everything. It was almost perfect.

>How about trying to address one of the points I made?
Discussing anything with a fanboy is a waste of time.

Having a moderate knowledge about all Imaishi's works and being able to constructively discuss them, aware of their merits and flaws, make me a fanboy?
Or are you just trying to shun down discussion that doesn't conform to your opinion?

Both TTGL and KLK have their strengths and I wouldn't call KLK overwhelmingly inferior to TTGL but TTGL has higher highs.

To my death I fight

Well put. If you enjoy both, which is your favourite will come down to subjective elements. For example, I prefer KLK's characters and music, which edges it ahead of TTGL for me.

It ended.

In terms of enjoyment
TTGL = PSG > KLK
Just barely, though. I loved KLK.

It felt like it tried to act as a spiritual successor or sister series to TTGL but just kind of fell short... to the point that I rewatched the films after finishing KLK for the full OTT dumb fun experience. That said it was enjoyable enough for what it was and the soundtrack was pretty fun. youtube.com/watch?v=IiefOJ1Li8c

PSG didn't do much for me.
The ideas were there but felt half baked.

If you think TTGL is better than KLK, it was probably your first anime.

At least KLK takes itself less seriously.

Well, KLK definitely made me care for side characters like Satsuki's butler more than TTGL made me care for all the jobbers that died in episode 25. I only cared for the Leyte's husband and only because he was married to Leyte.

Great taste.

>jobtsuki
lol

>lol

>devote 18 years trying to take down her mother using her same exact methods
>surprised when she fails
>spends the last qarter of the series doing nothing while her sister saves the world
>ends up so depressed and suicidal that she needs her sister and her retarded friend to save her again
People worship this woman.

Music was solid. Animation looked like budget but visual direction helped sell it. Pacing was not consistent, but hit some sweet spots, like handling the whole tournament in one episode. Characters had decent enough arcs, though they were all forcibly and painfully displaced by pacing. Maybe they didn't sell some of the themes they were going for in some parts, but they at least sold a skeptical audience on some of the nudity/body image themes.
Most of all it built up and mostly delivered on hype to make the whole thing a fun ride.
Some degree of "shitter TTGL" is a solid comparison.
Satsuki a shit

Are you forgetting the bit where she was instrumental in saving Ryuuko from herself?

And lets not forget the Resolve.

>body image themes

Everything except the plot at times, and even thats mostly contained in the second cour.

>no nipples
>something going right
KLK was a big failure.

rly liked the anime
but senketsu's death was pure garbage.

>Ryuko's dad makes specifically to absorb life fibers
>can't absorb the final life fibers because, because

But she did?

it was like:

YO, IM GONNA DIE *DEAD*

No, dawg, Senketsu. IIRC, he got overloaded or some such nonsense, which is why he died.

And if that wasn't the reason, it was just that he died

I think he died because of the effort of stitching all the uniforms together, not for absorbing Shinra Koketsu.

because he was never designed to absorb literally all the fibers. The OLF through koketsu, the uniforms, the debris from the emitter shield, Junketsu, and Ragyo's power all shoved into his structure. Discomilf called him a patchwork for a reason. Like a body that suddenly triples or quadruples in cell count at that point it's safe to say he had the life fiber equivalent of cancer after taking it all in.

It's still retarded because then in the OVA they show Ryuko can do the same thing on her own which kinda makes sense because he was made from her, but had he funneled some of the material into her instead of trying to take it all on himself he'd probably still be alive.

Character designs.
Art direction (mostly when in Honnouji though).

Read Just absorbing life fibers doesn't increase his power, just his absorbing ability.
Stitching together the uniforms was another matter.

It's the same thing though? He was overfilled and unraveling. If only one in so many threads was his own original it doesn't matter how or why it get's put together if the rest diluting him won't hold the shape.

>when someone claims that Ryuko wasn't edgy
I formally dare you to find a pic edgier than this.

Forgot to add his absorption did increase his power. The whole reason taking in koketsu worked to end the fight was that by taking it in he gained it's absolute submission ability to command life fibers. Pretty sure it's mentioned more than once over the series.

That only ever happened in that occasion though. They never aquired powers or got stronger absorbing other fibers.

main characters designed as men. Make them girls and, there you have, two nice characters to support the show in them.

Fag.

>Imaishi: I think some part of it has to do with me favoring strong, centered women--you know, like for action-heavy stuff--but the original story of Kill la Kill was actually meant to be done with all male characters. The scripts Nakashima-san wrote had that intent in mind. So we just changed the sex of the cast to female, and that's probably why the characters are so wild.

Poetry.

Satsuki was best girl, especially in Senketsu, but Nui is a top tier semen demon.

It wasn't reduced to simple fanservice.

You said designed, not written.

really?

Yes.

The basic premise introduced in the first episode is more fibers = more power. And the more uniforms she took apart the more fibers Senketsu gathered including a shot to always show them being gathered.

Through the fight club stuff she's partly going after the club president's to harvest the two stars directly. Episode 7 to the folk dance captain "I'm here to take your goku uniform!"

Episode ten Mikisugi calls Tsumugu to bring the magic bullshit bullet because he's evolving too quickly, while taking in the three star uniforms as well.

It's during the raid arc that Senketsu mentions that she's actually getting stronger herself too probably from her fibers activating after all the fighting but they didn't know that yet.

It ended

>The basic premise introduced in the first episode is more fibers = more power
It only refers to how much of the uniform is life fibers, and Senketsu is already 100% life fibers.
>Through the fight club stuff she's partly going after the club president's to harvest the two stars directly.
She was trying to aquire power for the club, not trying to power up herself.
>Episode ten Mikisugi calls Tsumugu to bring the magic bullshit bullet because he's evolving too quickly,
Yes but nothing indicates that it's evolving because of the life fibers absorbed. the power up in episode 3 didn't have anything to do with that either. Just like:
>It's during the raid arc that Senketsu mentions that she's actually getting stronger herself
>probably from her fibers activating after all the fighting
Of course. Shortly after she can fight Satsuki without even activating Senketsu.

More like better bond between Ryuko and Senketsu = more power and every fight brought them closer together. Senketsu stops absorbing life fibers during the festival but they keep getting exponentially stronger.

Ryuko's getting stronger herself but it's because she's fighting to get Senketsu back.

>naked teenage girl scissoring her bike
>edgy

I think the reason Ryuko can do it in the OVA is because Senketsu is literally in her heart. Which is why he can still talk and hurl debris while floating around in space. The absorption is supposed to be their combined weapon. Synchronized Ryuko and Senketsu also appear behind her when she attacks in the OVA and she jets around with the purple jet flames they usually shoot out when they're synchronized.

Doesn't mean more won't make more power.

I remembered where it was laid out. Ep 24 17:30-53

>Dad's ultimate weapon wasn't some stupid scissor blade it was me and Senketsu! It's the absorption ability he gave us!

>I realized it during our battle with Shinra Koketsu. The way I absorbed Life Fibers was meant to nourish my power. I am evolving. I have free will and can now make myself understood by humans!

He then goes on to blame his degrading state to underestimating Koketsu's power which he took in.

She doesn't fight Satsuki without a Kamui during the raid arc. In Osaka she temporarily lends her hand and unknown internal fibers to complete the bio-whatever circuit so they can reclaim the glove. She had full Senketsu power but on a timer.

Post raid trip he has no opportunities too, she's the one growing (awakening) they're not just filling up Senketsu the easy way.

Post festival once she's out of the coma she's fully awakened her own (base level) internal powers assumingly including the ability she describes in 24 about regrowing stronger after tacking hits and regrowing (ala super sayen) which is probably why pre-coma she's fighting on Satsuki's level post-coma she's able to knock down skyscrapers at distance with nothing more than a flick of her wrist. The bond comes in because as they fight together they got used to being together / trusting each other and channeling the combined ability more. Having an ally and reason to fight always helps though yeah. Doesn't directly make her punches hit harder though.

Senketsu's contribution to the OVA was snapping Ryuko out of her funk when she called for him in her despair and manipulating the scissors which Ryuko show'd way back was tied to her mental (fiber based likely) command somehow.

Due to his origins it's likely some vestige of himself would be tied to her like the scissors and she would share the same base ability her father brought out in Senketsu. It's possible that last part of himself in her "unlocks" it for her.

Beyond that it's not a significant amount left because had she taken him in fully she would have access to at least part of Koketsu's ability. She was fighting that battle physically herself, the blue energy was from her feet skidding along. The majority of it was red channeled into the scissors before she made them fuck huge and her red bang glowing orange when Senketsu's "spirit" get's pulled into it (which in it's own way shows him unlocking her last bit of potential as it only goes dark after finally absorbing the last of the life fibers from the final defense system) giving her all she needs to fight with his internal support evermore.

Keep crying, autist.

yes

okay, but why does the dog find ryuko attractive

>Beyond that it's not a significant amount left because had she taken him in fully she would have access to at least part of Koketsu's ability

If anything, the bit of Senketsu in her heart was from when he actually was inside her heart and she stabbed him. It's after that that Ryuko declares she'll never take Senketsu off, which is echoed by the notion that she keeps "wearing" him in her heart. So of course nothing of Koketsu's ability are there.

Senketsu definitely "tosses" the scissors you see them come from the red star, that appears again in the ending.

Because Ryuko is attractive

Forgotten in record time after it ended, truly a memeshit FOTM anime.

Episode 4 was the best, prove me wrong
Protip:You can't

Episode 5 is actually the best though, it looks gorgeous

the voice acting
>alpha Ami Koshimizu
>Keimom
>Yukarin
>the crack whore

Nui will return. I just know it.

It was all in all a stupid fun ride with a weaker later half, some fun characters and a great soundtrack.

Cross/Ange?

Very little, at most the theme song

The production values weren't even good like LWA

She saved the show in the last quarter or so. Definitely the best character.