Jewish-American comedian Sarah Silverman has called for the release of Palestinian teenager...

Jewish-American comedian Sarah Silverman has called for the release of Palestinian teenager, turned resistance icon Ahed Tamimi.

The comedian called on Jews to stand up against injustice.

“Jews have to stand up EVEN when - ESPECIALLY when - the wrongdoing is BY Jews/the Israeli government,” Silverman said in a tweet, sharing an Amnesty International press release urging Israel to free the teenager who turned 17 in prison last month.

As someone who has previously expressed her support for Israel in the past, she has shown criticism of the state for its violence against Palestinians.

Last year, in the Jewish Passover holiday, Silverman slammed the Israeli occupation.

“Of all the people, Jews know the bitterness of being oppressed - and not being in our own country,” she wrote, contributing to a Save Israel, Stop Occupation initiative published in last year's Jubilee Haggadah.

“That’s what makes the occupation all so ironic. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between right and wrong, the situation is complicated and scary, but I’m guessing oppression will always prove to be on the wrong side of history.”

Silverman’s tweet comes after a group of 27 respected US writers, actors, athletes and activists signed a petition calling for the release of detained Palestinian teenager Ahed Tamimi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TyconRLq804
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Jewish men are losing their grip on the Jewish women. They've created a monster they can no longer control.

Literally fake news tho, article on the right doesn't exist

Maybe.

Bwahahaha internal subversion, yessssssss

in Israel, a woman has to go before a panel if she wants an abortion. the panel grants almost all requests. many on the panel are bribed to grant abortions because there is a big market for aborted fetus parts among the more experienced rabbis.

Why do Jews do this?

Do Jews think it is funny?

WTF is their problem?

reminder: US Rabbis have caused the first split in Judaism over the past 1000 years

Jews are fucking pushing refugees on everyone else but they kick them out of Israel.

On the bright side, we won't be seeing her on TV anymore.

Jews need to cut it out.

This shit is not funny anymore.

Jews are going to regret fucking with the goyim in the information age.

No one cares about Sarah Silverman's opinion on politics

>reminder: US Rabbis have caused the first split in Judaism over the past 1000 years
No they didn't, there have always been movements that split off from Judaism, stick around for a couple hundred years and disappear. From the Karaites of old, the those who followed Shabtai Tsvi, Frankism, Reform Judaism in Germany in the 1800s, Conservative movement in the early 1900s, they all appear and come from Jews trying to make something that's relevant to where they are culturally/socially and then it fails and they disappear

Same thing is happening to Reform Judaism, it's basically not gonna be around in 25 years

As a jew I am disgusted by the Jewish state. Israel has been a joke from its inception. We can make our home anywhere but it is not fair or right to usurp an established people's home land. Radical Jews make me feel like the bad stuff they say about us is true. In this day and age I hesitate before I call myself a Jew or an American because I just can't deal with the way the world is right now.

wow the raiders found the board hooray

>As a jew I am disgusted by the Jewish state. Israel has been a joke from its inception. We can make our home anywhere but it is not fair or right to usurp an established people's home land. Radical Jews make me feel like the bad stuff they say about us is true. In this day and age I hesitate before I call myself a Jew or an American because I just can't deal with the way the world is right now.
We cannot make our home "anywhere", we only have one home, and it's the land of Israel. Always has been, always will be. Promised to us since the days of Avraham.

>I hesitate before I call myself a Jew or an American
and that's what makes you quintessentially jewish

>Promised to us since the days of Avraham
cool story

When will she be calling for mass non-Jewish immigration to Israel?

>we can make our home anywhere
No, you can't. Get out.

this in not necessarily just the Jews fault but rather Britain and America using it as an I am sorry for the Holocaust and about turning away refugees when they knew they were sending them to death. It was also motivated by evangelists wanting someone more white in the middle east.

The pic in the OP is fake

>this in not necessarily just the Jews fault but rather Britain and America using it as an I am sorry for the Holocaust and about turning away refugees when they knew they were sending them to death. It was also motivated by evangelists wanting someone more white in the middle east.
So this is wrong on every count but a pretty good example of the standard cut paste platitudes you see on leftist websites

Honestly I'm like 50/50 whether you're larping as the perfect secular liberal jew who knows just enough to say that kind of stuff (while completely wrong), or you actually believe that. This is almost too stereotypically perfect to be true

youtube.com/watch?v=TyconRLq804

Triggered by her boyfriend putting up an American flag .. got scared, and called her sister, a rabbi in isreal.

God hears your prayers anyway. Why cause turmoil in his name. For a land we lost claim too... Also even though the Holocaust is a massive and horrible genocide it is not like our ancestors didn't do it to others. If we wanted an ethno state we should have done it slowly by mixing with the population rather than displacing it.

Would you let another genocide happen to see a Jewish state. We can not lose the high ground. Then we are no better than Hitler.

lol yeah ok that answers my previous question

You aren't even a real people, not even Semites, so the land was never promised to you.

is it really worth being hated an spat upon by the world? Is it worth stroking antisemitism just so you can have an ethno-state. If Muslims didn't exist I guarantee the ignorant evangelical would be fighting with us. Since like the birth of the modern era it has been the Jew against the world. Israel was a political gesture noting more.

Americans used that same excuse to take over America it was called "Manifest Destiny". God said it was mine so I am taking it. Was it really worth bloodshed when we could try understanding and sharing.