What does Cred Forums think of this book?

What does Cred Forums think of this book?

Not the best one.

Franny and Zooey or RHTRBC or 9 Stories is better.

The Glass family is so sweet and poignant that it kind of hurts to know no one is as good or smart as them. I can understand how Salinger retreated into his stories after his experiences in the war.

If you like that book, read any of the above

I loved it. Salinger is an odd person in real life though.

Almost as pretentious hipster garbage as The Great Gatsby

didn't read lol

I thought it was good for about a week after I read it and then realized that it was garbage. This book made me hate fiction.

I really enjoyed it in high school. I'm sure if I read it now I would want to punch Holden.

This is the official book of the mkultra program. Avoid.

I read it in high school but don’t remember what it was about even vaguely.

it's shit

Holden would be an average Cred Forums user

"Catcher in the Rye" is about a young man who is becoming an adult, but he is repelled by society. Everyone is a phony; people all have hidden, dirty secrets; and life is depressing.

Adolescents can identify with this book because that is when we start to see that adults are not perfect, and that society is riddled with lies.

There are many poignant and funny scenes in the book, and Holden is a very sympathetic protagonist. Whether there is any meaning to the book is up for debate. There is no resolution to Holden's dilemma, he just gets better.

>virgin chad meme
>r9k
>kid fiddler closet fag teacher
Salinger is an exellent writer, probably more depth for the pollack given the above

Kike book written by a kike featuring postmodern disillusionment and demoralization and for those reasons made standard reading in the entire American educational system. What do you think?

It's about baseball, right?

really easy to read, kind of weird and comfy
don't know why so many people dislike it

I've read it when I was bluepilled and didn't like it
I wonder if I reread it I'll have a different opinion

Holden is a fucking moron

The official book of mk ultra is changing images of man. The official band is the grateful dead.

I thought Holden was a self entitled little cunt

But i did outline a book about his sister's anal adventure in HS "Catch Her in the Raw"

phony

pull out a dvd copy of the greatest story never told

I've heard it's great reading material after you cap the king of the hippies.

ok