I thought this show was supposed to be garbage. Never trusting Cred Forums again

I thought this show was supposed to be garbage. Never trusting Cred Forums again.

The show's not garbage; the half of the cast with tits is.

It's alright. 6/10 at most.

I think the most vocal minority on Cred Forums are emotionally stunted and mentally disturbed. they hate anything ambitious, aspirational, unique, or complex. any time you hear somebody saying something is "garbage", that is hyperbole. almost with the budget and number of people involved, like Anime, is that bad.

never let people tell you what quality something is. opinions are shit. talking about the elements of something, character arcs, themes, plot elements, art and music, this gives an impression of the experience of watching a show. Use that to gauge whether or not you will like something. fuck anyone who calls something "garbage" without explaining why, or what they think is better

It didn't have that punch most fantasy action shows have. Most of the fights, conflicts and twists were very bland in my opinion.

Mitsuki best girl.
couldn't have said it better

How can it be garbage when this girl exists?

>trusting anyone
Just watch what you're interested in and decide for yourself.

It was okay.

>this shit taste
End yourself.

>trusting Cred Forums
>ever

gay.

The TV is shit but the OVA was nice, mainly because there was no Mirai in it.

they also said that phantom world is bad, when in fact its the by far most visually inspired works that has come out of the studio in over 5 years. Cred Forums's taste is atrocious, you should know that by now. i mean, look at the current season. these people unironically belive that yuru camp is good when it has been the same shallow dribble ever since episode 3. the show is going nowhere, it makes no actual points outside of repeating the same puns over and over. its a disgrace that a show like that has as many followers and supporters as something like sora yori for example.

you always need to consider that the average Cred Forumsnon is as retarded as the average mal user. the only major difference is that they will badmouth really popular works such as kimi no na wa. outside of that the tastes and opinions pretty much align.

>trusting Cred Forums's opinion

I really like her design. That fanart is probably one of the few that gets her original quite well.

Maybe I should give phantom world a second chance. All the cinegrids were really something else for that show

It is though

if you don't want to waste your time with disappointing shows, find a reviewer you respect (not necessarily one you agree with) and get their opinion on it. use that as a guide post. I will occasionally read a review where the reviewer savages a show. But, the experience they describe actually sounds great, to me, so I go out and watch that show. a good reviewer will explain their impressions, not just say "meh. it was shit."

>trusting anyone's opinion other than your own

It's by KyoAni, of course people will shit on it regardless.
I can't even remember how this juvenile hateboner began.

Mirai is mai waifu!

Shouldn't call your boyfriend names, tough guy.

How come Mirai gets two figures while everyone else gets 0?

Actually the sister got one.

I've got more Mirai merch like a cellphone case and some art books. Sad that the story is pretty much done.

Post a new picture instead, it's probably full of dust now.

>I thought this show was supposed to be garbage.
It is though.
You just have shit taste

It's not garbage, it's just lacking.
KnK is the CGDCT of supernaturals. Cute enough to be enjoyable unless you're a jaded NEET with 400+ titles behind.

> they hate anything ambitious, aspirational, unique, or complex.
But KnK doesn't have any of those qualities.

I'm not gonna see anymore of her!

>I think the most vocal minority on Cred Forums are emotionally stunted and mentally disturbed. they hate anything ambitious, aspirational, unique, or complex. any time you hear somebody saying something is "garbage", that is hyperbole.
Agreed, though it's hard to say just how much of a minority they are.

>It's not garbage, it's just lacking.
This. By all rights it should be great, but there's just something not quite there in the execution. It's disappointing, but not what I'd call outright bad.

Completely agree with your assessment, quality is always your personal taste, but why the hell do you post that list? A good chunk of those animus can at least be labeled as trying something beyond the norm like Tatami Galaxy's presentation or how goddamn close to source Gankutsuou actually is while still be gay vampire in space. Cred Forums's major idiodicy is shitting on everything because cool kids like shit where they please

You must be new here.

i was really affected by the scene where Mirai disintegrates and Akihiko plummets after her ring

Like most other KyoAni shows, KnK is pretty mediocrity - it looks good, but its writing is terrible, and ultimately ends up being just enjoyable enough to not be dropped, yet not something you can look back on say "that was worth my time."

If any of you think this was a masterpiece or even great, you simply have no taste.

A cat is fine too!

OP is a faggot

>its the by far most visually inspired works that has come out of the studio in over 5 years
That give it points but it genuinely doesn't save the show given that it's plot was shallow at best. Pretty visuals aren't enough to save a poorly written show, see: Glasslip.

>its a disgrace that a show like that has as many followers and supporters as something like sora yori for example
I'm not sure what point you where trying to make here? Sora Yori is one of my favorites this season easily but I'm dead sure that Yuru Camp's is way larger.

>I thought this show was supposed to be garbage
Yeah, it was garbage.

>but there's just something not quite there in the execution
I think the main problem with KnK is that it didn't seem to know if it wanted to be a plot heavy supernatural action show or a Supernatural SoL and as such the plot and tone are all over the place.

"writing" is one of those words that immediately lets me know that a post is shit. it's confused with premise, dialogue, tone, and exposition way too often on Cred Forums, to the point that anyone who uses it is either shitposting or clueless. also nobody claimed that KnK is a masterpiece or even great.

i do think the show needed either more or less than 12 episodes. so many elements of the show were rushed or underdeveloped

yeah

Does the show have a name?

every aspect of the writing was shit. Dialogue, like 99% of japanese media, was terrible. Japs simply cannot into dialogue, in either anime or media. Plot was utterly forgettable, as was the world (typical "teens in world with spirits"). Characters weren't awful but not far from noteworthy. MC is a faggot, and his glasses fetish was a poor, cringe-worthy attempt to give him personality. Mirai comes off as a total bitch in the first episode, literally killing a guy for some stupid ass reason, though she gets better. The only character who didn't suck was pic related

The show didn't more or less than 12 episodes. KyoAni has shown time and time again their writing team lags far behind their animation team - doing a shorter series like FLCL will be disastrous, and anything longer than 12 episodes will be a snoozefest.

it's called .hack

i agree that the dialogue, world, and plot are no better than average for Japanese media. the characters too aren't well-executed beyond the animation, and i think it's a result of what said. the two sides of the show feel disjointed. by more or less than 12 episodes i meant that a shorter run might have yielded a leaner and better show, and a longer run might have allowed everything to develop. though you're right that KyoAni is probably not suited to short series.

what do you think of K-On and Hyouka?

I was posting it sarcastically. I think it was titled ironically, but the joke still works. a lot of idiots will say, with complete sincerity, that Kill La Kill was a bad show, or Evangelion, or Utena, or FLCL. I don't get it

k-on was moeshit, though it does have the distinction of kicking off a new wave of moeshit

I enjoyed Hyouka, though the pacing was glacially slow. The supporting characters weren't anything special (Chitanda is cute af though), but Hyouka benefits greatly from an interesting and relateable protagonist. A lot of people make fun of the trivial "mysteries," and spending so much effort on ultimately minor events is admittedly silly, but as a fan of mystery, I enjoyed the refreshing take on the mystery genre. With so many unsolved murders and robberies and closed-room mysteries, focusing on shit like naming a literary journal was original.

I want Izumi to sit on my face and suffocate me.

to me K-On is great, but if you don't like slice of life or moe or whatever then fine. the quality of execution of the show seems undeniable though, aside from genre considerations.

i wrote this long ass post in one of those threads about whether Oreki and Chitanda end up together. it must be obvious what i think of the show. i think Hyouka is one of the few times the KyoAni writing team matched up to the animation team. a slow-burning series suits my tastes perfectly, but i agree with everything you said.

thank you for explaining your opinions a bit. i think that's as far as this discussion will go though, since we both seem to have differing tastes about the genre as a whole and i don't really want to drag it out.

i forgot the image because i'm retarded.

Those are all great though.

>trusting Cred Forums
>trusting those autists

>cute enough to be enjoyable unless you're a jaded NEET with 400+ titles behind.

I feel like it maybe the other way around

A lot of my favorite anime are from kyoani
this show is garbage

>TTGL
>Code Geass
you have shit tastes

>Uchuu Kyoudai
NOW YOU WENT TOO FAR BITCH