Brainlets in the franxx

This was fucking retarded and felt like cheap drama. Also Hiro beating his dinosaur aids was O MY RUBBER NEN as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nG19fg9ZVVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the exact opposite of cheap drama.

They set up his resistance to Dino Aids since the very first episode, an "O my rubber nen" or "asspull"
Is something completely out of left field with no in world foreshadowing or set up what so ever.

This was obvious from the start, and they hammered it home and foreshadowed it in every single episode prior.

You're juts literally retarded.

It was. I blame Akira Amemiya. He could have storyboarded the tumour as receding slowly, not all in 2 cuts totalling 5 seconds. It would've worked nicely if his tumour receded as he was hugging 002, mirroring her calming down. It would also fit the "rely on each other/Jian bird" motif that way.

The problem is how it was portrayed in that scene, not that it happened. Get it through your heads already.

I can see the arguments that it has been seemingly sewn up too neatly. But I doubt that will prove to be the case. As for cheap, they spent five episodes setting this thing up. Rampage mode for Strelitzia, death of the third ride, Hiro's unusual yellow blood cell reaction, Jian, Naomi and the ghost of Naomi repeatedly kicking him in the butt for giving up, even him fucking tasting good. This stuff was set up.

But the execution was bad regardless.

yeah but the power of love lmao

The constant recycled gainax stuff is pretty tiresome to be honest.

>But the execution was bad regardless.
It really wasnt though. What would you have done different if you weren't some fat neckbeard sitting in your mums basement?

>O MY RUBBER NEN
>again
Is there is guide for shitposting about Franxx somewhere? Why O MY RUBBER NEN?

When will they finally move on from Eva? How many spin offs, sequels, homages, inspirations, rip offs will be made?

>Good things aren't allowed to happen

Because its the same retard reposting this shit over and over again.

The illness just vanished

Why are you surprised anyway? This show was fucking retarded from the start.

>implying dino aids is gone

>spent the entire previous episode not only talking about how the upcoming battle is going to be the worst they've ever faced and how it's super dangerous, but also set up that Hiro is dying from aids
>all this gets resolved with a shrug
>literally no casualties, all sense of tension or stakes lost
>if you complain about this anticlimatic development you're a hater/brainlet/crossboarder/whatever

You fags need to stop being so defensive about the shit you watch.

>stakes require mortal danger
Unironically brainlet

>not realizing that it's a 24 episode series
>not understanding foreshadowing
>not understanding character development
>calls other people "brainlets"

Coming back to life for some oni pussy, i'd say that's a plausible science.

Stakes require actions to have believable consequences.
If you set up a battle to be incredbily hard and then the enemy army not only approaches in nice, squad-sized chunks for no reason other than plot convenience, but the huge enemy boss gets defeated by what by this point is a completely standard "squad pins + strelitzia strikes" maneuver (with added power of friendship powerup), that's dull and anticlimatic and ruins any sense of tension.
Why should I care and be totally involved in these characters and battles when - at least from the looks of this recent episode - they're never actually in danger? The plot will bail them out.

>You fags need to stop being so defensive about the shit you watch
It is only three faggots. Everyone else just doesn't care about this anime.

because fanboys can't stand any sort of criticism towards their show. They'll either dismiss it for retarded reasons or pull out the 'ol "it's 2 cours!!!!!!" excuse, as if 6 episodes isn't enough to break genre cliches

I like DitF, but ep6 was ultimately disappointing compared to the build-up and the direction the show seemed to be heading towards.

Asspull of the year, all years. Trigger fanboys will defend this.

Exactly. I still like this show but this episode simply did not live up to the build-up.

Not him but how about him bately surviving and spending the remaining episodes recovering and surpassing his original limits rather than the entire thing receding in 0.5 seconds because of love magic

The tumor looked to me to be more about Hiro's will to live rather than the Jian, though I won't say they're not connected.

New 4koma

>bately surviving
Then it would lose the meaning of Hiro beating 02's "curse". Surviving on the death's door wouldn't make people see her any better.
We had multiple scenes of the kids talking and saying things like
>maybe he really is compatible with her after all
>maybe those rumors were just rumors

Yeah but him collapsing in pain as a tumor takes over his body wasn't "just a rumour" And sure you can say "maybe it gets explained later" but for now he just randomly overcame his dinoaids for plot convience.
And even if there's a super special and perfect explanation later down the road, it won't really change that this episode didn't have that and felt cheap as a result.

>bad things = cheap drama
>good things = anticlimatic asspulls

shitposting aside, I think it would've been better to replace that whole blue tumor with Hiro somehow else disconnecting from 02 until he comes to his power of love moment.
We'll see what they make of it.

Translation?

Translate it nerds.

>>spent the entire previous episode not only talking about how the upcoming battle is going to be the worst they've ever faced and how it's super dangerous,
But P26 was pretty chill about it all the time though?
They've sperged more when seeing 02 then when learning the enemies numbers.

>but also set up that Hiro is dying from aids
That was also never stated.

Yes Hiro breed the Oni.

But at this point, there were most likely nothing that would do that.
That tumor literally came out of nowhere on episode 5 and went back to nowhere on episode 6, and everything that was ever talked about it was
>opposite reaction
>im fine
>its painful isnt it?

Squad was ready to die for the cause. They just didn't want to die because 02 was going berserk.

And you'd have to be willfully ignorant to pretend they weren't clearly setting up Hiro to die from his shit. What else do you think showing him in a worse and worse condition was trying to convey?

Actually, it was showing him getting better, since even the last scene he was literally standing there, ultra calm.
But I know what you're talking about, yet it doesn't change much for what was presented.

They said that Hiro had the opposite reaction from everyone else. Everyone else died. Therefore Hiro not dying is exactly what the show told you would happen.

I guess a lot of people are missing that FranXX is a parody of all things mecha. That shit is nothing worse than the "asspulls" that go down in every new Gundam or just Eva as a whole.

>the enemy army not only approaches in nice, squad-sized chunks
How exactly is a slow, dumb enemy going to counteract a vastly more maneuverable FranXX force which attacks using immobilizing ranged weapons?

How exactly does the scenario where they get mobbed and surrounded play out in your head? Do they just literally stay put like retards and wait for the slow and dumb klaxosaurs to mob them? I don't see how they could possibly end up engaging the entire horde at once when they can pick and choose where to attack and immediately move away from a bad position and use weapons which allow them to bind, immobilize and kill at range. The FranXX are not only much faster, but they can jump far above the horde. It's impossible for the Conrads to gain the upper hand and swarm them, they will simply not stay in the same position to allow that. The klaxosaurs don't get to choose how they engage the FranXX squad, the FranXX squad gets to choose how it engages the horde instead.

I can see P13 fucking up and getting swarmed despite their vast advantages because they're shit rookies with no experience, but P26 was set up as experienced veterans who survived years of action. There's no way they'd let themselves get surrounded by shit-tier enemies when they can just get out of the way.

>setting up hiro to die
The characters in universe have the excuse of not seeing everything the audience sees and being blind to symbolism.
You don't.

That was just him putting on a brave face, obviously. They wouldn't let him pilot if he's unable to even stand, duh.

They said Hiro had excess "yellow blood cells" which is the opposite reaction of the other pilots, which we can safely assume is a lack of yellow blood cells. Also as far anime logic goes, excess cells leading to cancer growth is pretty reasonable.

I except the klaxos to rush to the magma source and swarm the enemy. You know, like previously established and like what happened in ep3?
Also of course they would have to stay in the same position they need to position themselves between the klaxos and the plantations. If they stray too far, they'd just be ignored.

It was also even shown that the small Cornad's way of attacking was nothing much but a simple tackle that even three couldn't get past Genista's defenses

>That was just him putting on a brave face, obviously. They wouldn't let him pilot if he's unable to even stand, duh.
For who? 02? That already knew about his tumor and how painful it was?
There's literally nobody else there forcing him to put a facade.
If you check your own pic related you can see that his body was not actually trying to fight the cancer, the only real problem was his growing YBC count, that took 24h to increase by ~12%

>b-but it's a parody!!!1!
Fuck off
I actually like this show for what it is at heart, a love story. It's not some deconstruction of EVA or TTGL.
People reposting the same shit each thread about "muh asspulls" or "muh onicancer" are either shitposters, salty ichigo apologists, or those faggots trying to shove down their garbage fanfiction-tier copypasta like the spider theory and that Charlemagne theory. The worst are the fucking faggots who spammed pictures of Hiro with those shitty Oni horns. I'm glad they're fucking gone and we don't have to see that garbage fanart anymore.
The power of love won and if you don't like it you can stop watching this show you all apparently hate. You won't

I don't think the adults knew about his condition. From all we see, they seem to be under the impression he seems to be perfectly compatible with 02.
Also Hiro was running a fever which literally is the body trying to fight an infection.

>yellow blood cells
so he has extra bone marrow? and this is cancerous how?

yeah and extra chromosomes are great too

>Also Hiro was running a fever which literally is the body trying to fight an infection.
Contradicted by the pic.
And how would the adults that have his health tests not know about his situation?

Cancer is basically cells growing out of control.
You should delete your post out of shame you fucking retarded mongoloid.

I was under the impression they were taking his vitals while in the mech.

>But the execution was bad regardless.

The execution was alright, you just didn't like it.

>call someone a -let for disagreeing with your opinion
>guaranteed 3+ replies
what happened Cred Forums?

>I except the klaxos to rush to the magma source and swarm the enemy
They are slow (compared to the FranXX) and P26 engages them very far away. They can rush but they can't get there quickly. Remember that scene after Strelizia joins the fight and P26 leader complains? There are some tiny orange lights far away in the background. That's Strelizia fighting, that's the light from her jets as she jumps around and probably explosions as she wipes klaxos out. It's so far away that you can't even see the 100m tall robot, you just see small flashes of light from explosions. P26 is engaging very, very far away.

P26 has plenty of open space to move around and they can easily split Conrads off, kill them and catch up with any which have gotten closer since they're much faster and the distance to P13's position is huge. Despite that we DO see that plenty still get close - when Strelizia engages at P13's position there are quite a few there too. P26 has all the luxury in the world to position and attack just as they want with any klaxos they miss being taken out by P13 (or Strelizia since P13 kind of sucked too much).

If you were under the impression that P26 waited near the objective for the klaxos to come to them, that was clearly not the case. They are positioned far, far away but in the horde's approach path. They're on flat, even terrain as far as the eye can see and have all the maneuvering room they could ever want.

"omg u just dont get it" was always an infuriating defense

Since they have/ran a 24h sample, most likely not.

Even if it all was perfectly logical and fine, then it's still underwhelming. We spent an entire episode building this up as a big, important, difficult battle and at the end of the day it really wasn't. The kids being shocked at "hundreds" of enemies? Didn't fucking matter because they only fought like 3 at a time. And for the big guy like I said the usual pin + strelizia shit.

Either this episode under-delivered or the previous one over-sold, take your pick.

>We spent an entire episode building this up as a big, important, difficult battle and at the end of the day it really wasn't. The kids being shocked at "hundreds" of enemies? Didn't fucking matter because they only fought like 3 at a time.
Becuase that was literally P13 kids reaction, the literal noob squad. P26 saw them more a bother being there (for a moment) than helping, all while they were always calm and collected, like this was just some normal mission.
And if you take into consideration that the "kissing" is nothing but refueling, then this probably happened a multiple times before and P26 is quite used to it.

The only ones reacting like it was a difficult, dangerous mission was P13 and people going with P13's point of view. People tend to forget that P31 squad is a just put together, just formed team, Milkman himself accepted that they were still green as fuck.

Last I checked the story is being told through P13. You can pretend P26 reacting calmly for 2 minutes somehow overshadows the rest of the episode where we see the characters we've actually been with the entire time and care about worry over the upcoming battle.

Every thread after ep 6 has been
>they did something I didn't like
>it means it was badly executed

Only the jobbers were shocked at 150. All the competent pilots knew it was another day's work.

>Last I checked the story is being told through P13
Yes, and last time we checked they just graduated as pilots and were only on 2 mission before that one. Which they did poorly.

This episode made me drop the show.

So what, now your argument is all the main characters are retarded idiots whose opinions and reactions I should ignore? Boy you sure making this show sound great.

Or maybe you are just retarded and didn't watch the previous five episodes?
Even the six, from their very first meeting, P26 was treating P13 as nothing but lugagge and only respecting Hiro and Ichigo.

The episode was entirely predictable from what the previous ones say and foreshadow. This was by far their biggest and hardest battle, that is entirely correct. Are you actually going to say that 1, 3 or 4 had tougher fights? The only thing which was even a bit surprising was that they didn't kill or hurt any of the generics for fake drama points. P26 didn't react like Kissing was the apocalypse anyway, because they'd done it before. P13 freaked out because they nearly died the last 2 times they fought something and Strelizia had to rescue their green asses. Hiro was apprehensive because he thought it could be his last ride. P26 was ironically more scared of 02 than of the mission.

The Hiro piloting with 02 arc was finished off quite well in symbolic context (I'm not going to wall of text about that unless you're actually interested) as was hinted from the first episode, we got to see more of 02's monstrous side and how Hiro reacts to it, we got to see more about how 02 feels about Hiro and we got 02 and Hiro forming a true partnership with Hiro accepting and welcoming the Jian which he called pathetic in the series' beginning. The episode didn't do much unexpected but it rounded out the first arc in a manner entirely fitting of the previous foreshadowing/hints/symbols we got, going back to the very first episode.

They don't even have the intelligence to realize not training is a fucking deathwish when our boy Hiro does. The writers are fucking retarded

Not the same guy but come on, only the P13 had any reaction to the 100~150 estimate, everyone else in the room was not even caring. If you got impressed, you are a retard.

Please stop posting

That doesn't really change that we spent most of the episode watching P13 fuss out. So what exactly are you saying, the previous episode was the shit one?
You can twist and turn it all you want, at the end of the day P13 are the main characters and obviously the ones we're supposed to care about. If I was supposed to NOT empathise with them and NOT be expecting a hard battle, then sorry, what the fuck am I watching?

>I-it wasn't actually hyped
>The episode shares the title with the show

Maybe suck less at interpretation then?
Watch the episode again, pay attention to the reactions of the actual experienced people.
Hachi was calm, P26 was calm, 02 was calm. Hell, the plantations didn't even bother to activate their defensive weapons that they had on episode 1.
You are literally watching the newbies point of view, that didn't participate in a single important mission so far, and those that they did they've FAILED, and pretending that's the reality.

lol nice fight trigger.

Oh so you actually do think I should ignore the main characters. Okay gotcha you're one of those that will go to any length to defend his flavour of the season.

So you agree with Mitsuru calling themselves green and the others agreeing right?

Maybe you are actually retarded.
We had six episodes to show that the P13 squad was newbie as fuck, with sixth even having side and MAIN characters voicing it.

Being new doesn't necessarily mean completely clueless and all statements and reactions (even if we spend 20 minutes watching them) should be ignored in favour of the 2 minutes we see the "competent" people act.
But I'm already repeating myself, if you think this episode justified the build-up and delivered in a satisfying fashion, good for you.

>Battle touted as difficult
>Ebin battle episode shares the title of the show
>It's solved by generic shonenshit
>It wasn't difficult at all you guys 26 didn't make funny faces before then

> 5 dudes spend 30 seconds killing 1 class F dino
> Strelizia skewers half a dozen in 2 seconds
Why do these other people even exist?

They are there to run out of fuel lol

Well that's your own fault then, if you can't speak for yourself but let yourself get riled up by some stupid stigma.

The title clearly was there because it rounded up the Jian theme which had been established since the very first minute of the show, nothing more nothing less. Now get over yourself and stop posting on this stupid board like a total dumbass. Do something better with your time Bob.

They're not retarded idiots when they're worried about a much larger battle coming when they nearly lost and died in the ONLY other 2 instances of real-world combat they had. P13 is a squad which was rushed through training and then rushed again into real action before they were ready. If you remember, they barely got to start their real FranXX in ep2 and in ep3 they were already put into action and nearly got killed due to bad intelligence and very obvious lack of skill.

You need to understand you're seeing the world through the eyes of complete rookies with almost no experience. The world you see is colored through said lack of experience and you as an intelligent viewer should understand this.

More like 10s, which means they would've slaughtered the 150-strong horde in like half an hour. That's not too bad for generic soldiers, there's only 1 Strelizia so far and up until now it used to eat stamens then go berserk.

Watch P13 last missions then. Tell me they don't suck.
Good job ignoring information that characters themselves voice.

Zorome says he's the best and and great pilot, we obivously should trust him, he's saying it after all.

Still in denial period I see

Good argument.

You didn't refer to any of my arguments.

>Cookie cutter main characters
>Faceless side characters
>Generic storyline
>Muh power of love style of solving conflicts
>But it has waifubait girls!
Has the meme FranXXfags are all shounenshitters been proven true?

You're a new IP so you didn't make any arguments ITT yet.

I did. All of them actually.
You are the one pretending that the newbie squad acting like newbies is any proof of how the situation was going.

You really didn't dude. Funny faces is not an argument

You are the only one bringing funny faces, and not accepting words that both P26, P13 and Hachi said.

>Watch Power of Love show
>Complain about the Power of Love

What is the purpose of your existence?

Speedwatchers are real and not a meme.

It's generic and predictable but it's okay!

Who hurt you?

See you next week.

Fuck you.

I'm a big fan of Huey Lewis and the News.

nobody is forcing you to watch pal

It's not a matter of them being bad, it's a matter of Hiro being a genius pilot and using the strongest mecha at 100% synch rate.

Hiro's cancer receded because he finally wanted to pilot with motives that Strelizia accepted. He got the cancer last time because his motives weren't pure enough for the mech yet. He says in ep 4 that he wants to do it with 02, but it's still just piloting to him, and in ep 6 02 is obviously not satisfied with the reason that he tells her of why he pilots in the first place. After he realizes his mistake, the tumor recedes and Strelizia/02 accepts him as the official pilot.

Yeah the side characters are such faceless drones...
Kill yourself.

>Tragic stories makes for a DEEP character
I thought franxx brainlets was just a meme.

I can't wait to watch Ichigo's horrific death!

I think you're almost on the money but not quite right.

Starting from ep4 Hiro does truly want to pilot with her, but he does not look at it as a long term partnership because he accepts his own death as a possible condition to piloting. He cannot see himself as her long-term partner because he sees a potentially insurmountable wall after the 3rd ride and he accepts that. It's OK if he dies because he still got to pilot with her and that's still better than where he was in ep1. His resolve is admirable in a way because he'll fly with her even if she kills him, but since he accepts the idea of his death by her hands he cannot be her real partner. What changes in ep6 is that Hiro realizes what 02 is feeling and rejects his acceptance of death. It's no OK for him to die, he cannot leave her to suffer alone. Once he has done that he can become her true partner, hence the Jian wings from Strelizia.

>internal consistency
That's the problem though. The writers just established that the power of love can essentially get them out of any fight by fixing their robots.That's why the power of love is used at the end of a series, not at the start. There's no way to keep consistent with the idea that their robots can take and serious damage and battle. Why now and not later?

This giant was stomping on them with thousand of tons of force and their robot walked away without a scratch. It makes no sense now as to why any fight going forward would pose any fetal threat.

>there are still morons that think this is a real robot show

Cute Cuckxosaur

You didn't address any of his points

>both Hiro and 02 will die in last episode, thus succeeding in flying away on their own wings
how mad will you be

>why can magical robots do magical things
There's no point to address. He's just retarded.

Star Driver tier asspull.

But Star Driver was fun.

O MY JIAN WING

You are retarded.
Keep that in mind when posting.

I have no attachment to these "characters"

So when is Hiro going to stop being so suicidal? In episode 4 he says he'll pilot again even if he dies after the third ride. Now he says that if he can be 02's wings, he'll stay by her side even if his life burns out.

O MY POWER OF LOVE

They didn't even defeat a midboss-tier enemy. It was just a scrub.

You seem to be able to take what the character are saying for granted, while ignoring what actually happens on screen and how poorly portrayed the action scenes were. I wish I was tunnel-visioning in on the subtitles as much as you. It would've made episode 6 a lot more engaging.

(Not that guy btw)

>That's why the power of love is used at the end of a series, not at the start
they pulled it off in Gurren lagann

FranXX is the most popular show on Cred Forums this season. It stands to reason that a lot of idiots are watching it also. Big tents have all sorts, and many of each kind.

Kill yourself you stupid ass-wipe. If you don't have something to say, just don't post.

Your original post had nothing to say. You don't understand the genre of the show you are watching if you're complaining about something as retarded as "the robot healed itself." Welcome to mecha dumbass.

That guys is literally stating characters interactions and reactions and now what they are saying.
Maybe people thinking that the mission was and end-game one that tunnel vision and take for granted P13 overreacting.

You don't know how damaged Strelizia really was. We have no idea how resilient they really are or how they work. I mean Strelizia literally rammed through an entire >10km long worm in episode 4 and came out without a scratch. It took like 5s to do so, so that's like 5 times the speed of sound or some shit like that. That's a fucking retarded amount of force the mech had to withstand, I don't think a battering ram is that much of an issue considering what we have seen Strelizia do before. Breaking apart 10km worth of worm in 5s is OK but taking a few battering ram hits isn't? Strelizia's ridiculous resilience has already been established a couple of episodes ago.

Yes we've heard this a billion times already, all the way down to the O M REDDIT MEME shit. Could you be anymore predicable with your shitty bait?

Jesus Christ, I guess the average franxxfag is too dumb. I don't even know where to go to have actual discussions since it must be even worse on other sites.

TTGL had mechas magically self-repair thanks to the power of manliness, but when Hiro is magically cured thanks to his love for 02 it's suddenly shit. So you believe in the power of dick but not in the power of love? Just goes to show this board is full of virgin masturbators who never had a girlfriend

this is a pretty good explanation thanks for explaining to me because i'm dumb

I wouldn't mind if they both died, Japan is allergic to hero and heroine being together in life or death so either one will work

nice argument

>I wish I was tunnel-visioning in on the subtitles as much as you
Oh that's great, especially since you don't even seem to understand what they were actually doing in the battle or what tactics they employed. The action which didn't include Strelizia wasn't particularly good in terms of excitement but it did clearly show what they were doing, if you actually bothered to watch. Scroll up and read the rest of the reply chain, I already explained it and I'm not going to type all that shit out for you again. If you disagree feel free to reply with factual points as to how what I've said is wrong

I don't know why people are so assblasted about this particular thing. Gutenberg class is literally the third weakest Klaxosaur class. You'd assume the top pilots' Franxx would be able to withstand many hits from them as a consequence of being made to fight much stronger enemies.

>''The Jockey and her mare'' is the best metaphor to describe the relationship between the Stamen boy and the Pistil girl.

>Pistil girls are mares who need a jockey to ride and tame them.

>Zero Two is a wild mare like Alexander's horse and Hiro a skilled jockey like Alexander.

It is no use having a great wild mare, if you do not have a great jockey to ride and tame her.

Do you guys think we will get an alpha bull impregnating 02 so she can produce tons of champion babies until she can't have more kids? Asking for a friend haha

That makes sense, but I honestly don't think the people who don't even remember what happened 2 episodes ago think that far. I don't even mean that to be insulting but I really don't think they do.

h-how do we win then?

>watch this shit
>its actually a shonen garbage
>tfw fell for the FRANXX is good meme

Just end me.

>There were actually no stakes

Yeah, they'll have time to settle down when they're done fighting.

>episode 6 of a 24 episode anime
>stakes
Did you bitch about the ramiel episode too?

I'm just laughing at how the show tried to hype this shitshow

You mean how you tried to hype it.

That wasn't an argument to defend the absolute mediocrity that ep 6 was. Just an observation directed to all the anons that seem to think that magically fixing things with the power of love is dumb but doing the same with the power of manliness is cool

I didn't write that post, it it said plenty of things. Just because you don't like what he's saying, doesn't mean he's saying nothing or that he's retarded.

Franxxfags are becoming more obnoxious than VEGfags at this point with how stupidly defensive everyone is over this episode.

Going against shitposters is always a losing battle.

I didn't call this mediocrity "Darling in the FranXX" did I?

>everyone complaining about X liked Y (which is completely unrelated to Z)
Either you're very dumb, very naive or just a fool.

what is context

The issue here is not that we don't know what they're doing, but that the action is overly contrived (enemies attacking in waves just because) and lacks impact. The P26 guys do barely better than the noobs in P13. So much for them being "experienced".

You mean how you got baited to hype it by shitposters?
The series is literally open with
>love
>jian bird
Monolgues. Come on.

>actually retarded enough to believe the stakes were the main mech getting destroyed 1/4 of the way into the story
>in an episode where the literal objective is protecting the Kissing pipe
The stakes were the defensive wall breaking and failing the Kissing, retard-kun.

Its ok because its cool when MANinme does it

It's not my fault you can't understand what direction the show was going in. If you honestly expect serious lasting consequences form this battle in episode 6, you're retarded. It was about setting up the Hiro's third ride with 02.

>The pinnacle of their relationship arc was just a nothingburger battle
How low will you get

It said plenty of things that are retarded. When someone who obviously has not watched much mecha complains about robots not being damaged, I discard their opinion.

Again, you literally did not understand what is happening. I do mean literally. Scroll up and read or watch it again while paying attention to what is being shown on screen.

>title drop in episode name
>" baited to hype it by shitposters"

I had big hopes thanks to Cred Forums but I finally dropped it this week, it's not what I wanted to watch. False advertising, manufactured hype.

The fuck? The Ramiel episodes were great. They properly established dramatic tension and a neat resolution to it. Franxx's 6th episode is not like that at all.

Anything I don't like is either a shitpost or a falseflag :^)

>pinnacle
?

>pinnacle
Retard.

The stakes weren't because of the opposition, retard.

Serious question: what show were you watching?

>It actually was not the emotional highpoint
Get a load of yourselves

I have watched over 250 mecha anime. Franxx #6 is hands down the worst episode in the series so far. How many mecha anime have you watched, faggot?

There were no stakes in the Ramiel episode.

>250 mecha anime
lol
reply to me when you've watched more than 5k mecha anime

Again, you don't seem to understand the difference between an outline of events and their portrayal. The problem here is the mise-en-scene.
You repeating what happens in sequence doesn't even begin to touch the point being made.

Keep tunnel-visioning in on the subs.

All of them

>the highest point of development or achievement
>episode 6

Episode 6 was good. And even then Hiro and 02 made a deeper connection in episode 6 than Shinji and Rei. Regardless of whether they're romantic or not. Eva had the better battle though, Ramiel was a fortress.

>pinnacle of their relationship arc
>1/4th of the way in
>when it was barely established they can have an actual relationship now that he doesn't die from piloting
Congratulations, you have actually convinced me you're too stupid to be worth talking to.
>inb4 I'm just pretending

>namedrop means hype
>that after 5 episodes
>that after the PV
So you were actually baited, I'm surprised and a bit embarassed.

Are you only pretending to be retarded?

>all these speedwatchers

>Still implying it was not the end of the arc

There don't exist anywhere close to 5k mecha series.

Feel free to stop posting anytime then.

Ramiel died and everyone survived just like episode 6 of Franxx. What was at stake?

What you said
>enemies attacking in waves just because
doesn't actually happen. Go back and watch, or read if you're not capable of seeing for yourself.

Watch Eva.

It's not the end of their relationship arc. The "relationship arc" would be the entire fucking show since that's what it's about.

>What was at stake?
Go watch it you dumb shitter. It's obvious you haven't.

>WOW YOU EXPECTED SOMETHING SPECIAL JUST CUZ THE SERIES BUILT UO TO THAT LOLOLOL
you can do cool stuff early in a show btw, there'sno law against it
kamina died ep08

oh and dropping a title for nothing or to "bait" is cheap and hacky

Yes it does, you stupid speedwatcher. Fuck outta here with your retarded MMORPG analogies.

>literally the beginning of the series
>where hiro finally decides to stop being suicidal and be an actual partner
Even the staff themselves call this the intro/part 1.
>pinnacle

Did you seriously think for a single second that Ramiel wouldn't be defeated in episode 6? You're missing my point.

You're just arguing semantics at this point. It's obviously meant to be a climax. (Not even that guy.)

>You were not supposed to be excited about this everyday battle they built up to for 4 weeks

So, what kind of imbecile are you?
>the enemy being defeated means that retroactively nothing was at stake
Congrats user: your post is by far the dumbest one in this whole thread. Probably the dumbest one I've read all day.

>oh no we're out of fuel!

I'm not entirely pleased with it but they did struggle. They would have died without Strelizia and the other unit. The problem is mostly in how fucking strong Strelizia is for me. As for the disappearance of Hiro's condition, I view it (or hope, I suppose) as it being a problem put aside for the time being. I don't really need deaths this early in to feel satisfied, because I do think there was a bit to take from this episode. Ichigo couldn't steel herself after all, which nearly got her crew killed. Goro stepped up big time. Take Strelizia out of the equation and we'd have a decent episode. I think the staff 'sacrificed' this episode in the sense that it's just setting up more things and transitioning from point A to point B instead of being this big (false) climax.

I'm going to point out here that all those other windows accurately describe Hiro's bloodstone with real values.

Like it shows his red blood cell count is down, his hemoglobin density is anomalously up, how his platelet count is critically low. They paint a bigger picture than just the fact over half his blood by volume is composed of YBCs at this point.

The fact his platelet count is so low in fact might explain why other Stamens bleed the fuck out after piloting with 02. The fact Hiro isn't, and that the increase of his YBCs is the pair reaction of previous Stamens, implies that whatever the YBCs are they are doing a number on his body.

This plot thread is far from closed, and while Hiro has reached some form of stability I think it's naive as fuck to think it's been concluded. Particularly as it was the central mystery to episode 5. We're likely going to get more information next episode, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Franxx took Hiro personally aside to talk to him, maybe he'll even have 02 join them.

Careful lads there is a butt hurt mod banning people for saying mean things about the ass pull

>Hiro's bloodstone

*bloodwork

Fucking phone.

>Hiro's bloodstone
Will Hiro fear the old blood?

Ichigo will win in the end! Victorious Strawberry!

There was zero reason in the narrative to believe that Ramiel would be anything other than a monster of the week. There were stakes in-universe obviously for the characters (same has in Franxx), but not in the plot as a whole. The Ramiel fight served to develop Shinji and Rei not dramatically advance the plot.

Yeah this is shitty evabait

>franxxfags actually argued themselves into blaming the audience for expecting something good because apparently you're not allowed to have satisfying payoffs before you've passed an arbitrary episode number

Some people just don't get it, they expect to be given "the drama" in a tight neat package right away, they want everything explained right away, they can't keep up with the show and appreciate what it's doing every episode and put the pieces together on their own.
I hope a lot of people drop the show now, it would improve the discussion in the future.
Seriously, if you feel so strongly disappointed by episode 6 and your only reasoning is a lack of closure,literal exposition and lack of tragedy please do drop the show now.
You're not worth engaging and cannot contribute anything worthy.
I'd much rather have people discussing the symbolism's, the themes, the sci fi, the character's internal emotional states, their relationships and how it all comes together with the show's direction using tone and scene execution like before the popularity expanded over whatever the fuck this shit is.

You see that PLT in one of the smaller windows? Those are his platelet count. The YBCs are completely fictional in this context.

>oh and dropping a title for nothing or to "bait" is cheap and hacky
Good job getting baited by this hacky move.

The portrayal of the Ramiel fight in NGE was a lot more believable. It managed to create actual dramatic tension, something which Franxx failed to do with its 6th episode.

Bringing up extra-diegetic shit like "it's the 6th episode in a 24/6 episode series" is plain retarded here. Yeah, obviously, the story will continue. That's besides the point here, which is verisimilitude -- how convincingly the events are portrayed and how well they manage to create a dramatic tension.

For fuck's sake, I posted the Strelizia pasta for days, of course I was expecting everything to be alright in the end. But not done like _this_.
Cheap as fuck.

Good job confirming this is a shitshow

yeah they got me
silly me actually thought the episode would be good

Sure the Ramiel fight was more tense because the tone of Eva is way, way darker than Franxx. Not every battle should be super dramatic.

Tone has nothing to do with it.

Tone absolutely has something to do with how tense you perceive something. Franxx, thus far, has mostly been a positive show. Eva was generally pretty dark. That will affect how battles are portrayed.

He better.

>increase of his YBCs is the pair reaction of previous Stamens
>pair reaction

Also *opposite reaction, I think swype did something weird here.

Looking it up in anidb, less than 1000 series have the mecha tag. Keep in mind this includes shows where mecha is not the predominant element (like Made in Abyss, or Kaiba).

No. You can make something tense even in a comedy if you portray it right. And plenty of "dark" shows can botch the execution and end up with no tension behind their supposed climaxes.

All everyone is complaining about here is execution. Not the anime's genre, not its tone, not its themes.

That argument goes both sides.

how

How does it feel to be retarded?

good point m8

The tensions won't be equivalent. A fairly positive show with a tense battle is not the same as a fairly dark one with a tense battle. I'm not saying that the darker show will necessarily be tenser, but that dramatic tension is not independent of the other elements in the story. As for this last battle in Franxx, there was no reason for it to be particular tense. I hear complaints of the execution being thrown out but I rarely hear anything concrete besides dumb things like whining about the power of love.

They dropped the ball the moment when the 26 kids ran out of fuel. They made it obvious the shonen cliches would immediately follow and they did by the numbers. What's left to be tense about after that?

"Dramatic tension" is the product of uncertainty. The buildup towards this episode eliminated almost all uncertainty. The only real expectation that was defied was killing Squad 26, because people expected the cliche of killing no names in order to play up the apparent threat of an enemy.

>shonen cliches
Like what? Strelizia and the power of love saving the day? Those things were all obvious before the battle even began. Subversion for the sake of subversion isn't good writing either. I was actually surprised that the 26 kids were mostly pretty competent.

It's not about the subversion. They didn't do anything creative and telegraphed the resolution too early on. The moment Hiro got down failed to be the emotional low point because of what preceded it

I liked both tbqh, senpai

Sure subversion for the sake of subversion is not necessarily good. The driving question should be "Is this interesting?" and I just don think the episode is interesting.
The veterns being competent was kind of cool for a second I guess, but for the most part it just left me bored because the enemy didn't seem to be any actual threat, really. Instead I was stuck watching the squad pretty much go through the motions (that the action wasn't all that exciting in terms of animation didn't help) until the bad bad (and fuel) made way for Strelizia to save the day. It was just dull.

>telegraphed the resolution too early on
And yet people still scream "asspull."

>Subversion for the sake of subversion isn't good writing either

This.

Trite wiring can get tiresome, but in the same vein there's a reason why tropes exist. Likewise, there's often a good reason as well that nothing has ever been done before. A trite mess is often better than novel garbage.

Honestly it was actually when the Strelizia was getting literally hammered into a wall with full force and Hiro was literally dead. All for it to be magically fixed by plot magic. They could have done this in so many ways and instead they choose a ridiculous fake out. Clearly the Strelizia is now immortal and takes no damage from anything seeing how no damage seemed to have happened to the robot. Clearly they have no intention of actually letting any one die at this point considering if someone was going to it would have been this episode.

What was the point of all of the foreshadowing if you just kill it with stupid shonen cliches?

But it was satisfying

Telegraphed the shonen asspull. What up

"im all better now lol" was satisfying for you?

The emotional low point is seeing 02 go berserk because she thinks Hiro is dead.

Well I can't force you to like things. I thought it was fine. I never treated this battle as anything other than just a monster of a week type of thing to get some decent action scenes and stuff out of (which I thought were were good enough). I was actually pleased by the character development, so I enjoyed the episode.

>plot magic
>Clearly the Strelizia is now immortal and takes no damage from anything seeing how no damage seemed to have happened to the robot
Now this is what I mean by a retard post.

>You didn't get the emotional lowpoint
Darling apologetic's last line of defense
>Now this is what I mean by a retard post.
Did your elven eyes see the damage done to Suetrelizia that we didn't, Legolas?

>ep name is the title
>infamous third ride wiith 02, talked up since the very start
> monster of a week

yea nah

>The tensions won't be equivalent.
No one said they would be equivalent though.

>there was no reason for it to be particular tense
How about the fact that Hachi says, at the beginning of the episode, that he has never seen something like this before?

>I rarely hear anything concrete besides dumb things like whining about the power of love.
What about the fact that the action scenes lack impact because they're overly convenient and all too obviously put on pause whenever the characters need to say something? People have been complaining about a lot of things in this episode. You're pretty selective with what you remember.

>do anything creative and telegraphed the resolution too early on
And what the fuck do you want six episodes in if its not about subversion? This is a 24 episodes series by the way.

>magical transforming robot that's powered by love and performs tons of impossible acrobatics
>complains about the armor being too tough

Sure it was. It's a one shot villain that wasn't particularly strong or anything. The character development that came out of it is a nice bonus.

>I was just pretending lol

interesting developments

>(and fuel)
Zorome saved 090 though.

>Dino aids takes over Hiro's whole body while blood is pouring everywhere.
>On the ground dying.
>Fully heals because "I love 02"
>Not plot magic.

>Robot getting hit by a hammer more then 4x it's size.
>Hard enough to break a wall.
>Comes out squeaky clean because "I love 02 lol"

Why should I expect any different the next time Hiro is in trouble? The writing has demonstrated that so long as Hiro loves 02 that any potential threats can be solved.

>The buildup towards this episode eliminated almost all uncertainty.
That is simply not true.
>The only real expectation that was defied was killing Squad 26
Funny how I wasn't expecting them to die at all. Want me to give you desuarchive links with posts I made as far back as last Monday where I claim it is very unlikely that anyone, including the jobbers from P26, would die?

>Clearly the Strelizia is now immortal and takes no damage from anything seeing how no damage seemed to have happened to the robot.
Wasn't it cracked from the inside though?
Considering that the pistil takes damage too, it did took considerable damage.

You're conflating several points into one. It was still executed like crap, even if it wasn't an asspull.

Lots of anime get by with challenges that don't kill the participants yet preserve the suspense until the end with new and interesting developments. The only interesting thing that happened before Hiro fell into his eventual demise was the 26 running out of fuel. RUNNING OUT OF FUCKING FUEL

>thinking the AIDs was going to kill Hiro when it was established that he had the opposite reaction of the previous stamen that died
>thinking that a magical robot that transforms and shit will break from some standard mecha pummelling

Six out of 24 episodes in? That might be bait.

That was one of the nicest touches.
Zorome talks and that usually seems like just a character trait but he actually pulled something off and saved someone's life, that's actually a big deal.
It also gave his robot's design some good use, since he's the fastest and most agile of the bunch it makes sense that he'd also be the best at going in and out of the combat zone to save people in need.
That works well the the contrast between the two teams in the fight, their team had all sorts of different designs which makes working together more difficult but also means they have some units with very marked strengths and they showed that too.

Will you calm the fuck down, already? We don't even know what the consequences will be yet, and we won't until the next episode at the very least - It's a little early to be shitting yourself over the lack thereof.

>How about the fact that Hachi says, at the beginning of the episode, that he has never seen something like this before?
Perhaps. More likely than not, Hachi and Nana do not know much. We already know that the glutenberg class is the third-weakest class, so really it wasn't supposed to be a particularly strong enemy. The 26 squad didn't have much of a reaction either.

>What about the fact that the action scenes lack impact because they're overly convenient and all too obviously put on pause whenever the characters need to say something?
That's your opinion not a fact. The Franxx are far all more manoeuvrable than the big Klaxosaur. There was ample time to talk. The 13 squad also mostly sat around doing nothing.

This is beautiful.

Episode 6's problem wasn't the writing, but the mise-en-scene. The storyboarding, animation and directing overall.

Most people would not have had a problem with Hiro's tumour receding were it done like this or similarly. The problem here, as with all problems this episode has, is about how the events are portrayed on screen.
Everything is too brisk: too suddenly introduced, and too summarily dealt with.

There is very little lead-in or staging of events. For example, 090 simply runs out of fuel, without it being previously shown that he was running low on fuel.
And we're talking about issues within this episode. Sure, previous episodes foreshadow that Hiro will be okay etc.
But episode 6 fails to ease us into his eventual recovery, and then ease us out of it. Everything is too brisk. It's so poorly done there are even continuity errors during the moments where Hiro collapses (he appears for a cut after he falls down to be still in his seat, just with his hands off the handles).

In terms of visual direction, of what we're shown, this episode was very poorly thought out (Amemiya sucks ass), and therein lies the problem.

Are you actually this far up this show's ass? What the fuck kind of anime are you watching where nothing interesting happens before, what, episode 10? 20?
Hell, fucking ep5 had interesting developments. It made clear just how very little the kids know about emotions, even their own. That's interesting because it makes you wonder how they're gonna deal with these new emotions they're feeling like love and jealousy and also because it makes you think about just what sort of environment this is, how did they grow up to understand so little about something as basic as their own emotions? We also learned that Goro probably has a thing for Ichigo.
We also got some insight into how 02 sees the world and how she's Hiro and the people that pilot with her in general. We saw how much impact Ichigo's approach had on her, staying outside all night, presumably a bit distraught and confused.
Then there was the whole dinocancer thing. Hiro finding the resolve to pilot even if it kills him (and 02's reaction to that), all of that was interesting.

All of these were interesting development that made me greatly look forward to the next episode.
And then that episode came around and it gave me jack shit.

What actually happened in ep6 that makes you look forward to future developments? The battle sequence was dull and nothing of consequence regarding the future actually happened, which leaves us with the final moments between Hiro and 02. And what exactly interesting happened there? I can't really tell you. The cancer disappearing for apparantely no reason but Hiro's will to live? To Love? To save others? I don't know, I don't think that's particularly interesting.
That little tease of the new characters was nothing so far, hard to be excited about that and frankly I'm just confused why they're there, for all we know kids are only there as parasites and if they're parasites I just wonder why they weren't in the battle.

>>but also set up that Hiro is dying from aids
>>all this gets resolved with a shrug
When I watched the episode, and Hiro's weird death dream sequence started, I actually paused the episode and said out loud "Ah, this is the moment where his super saiyan/9 tailed fox/inner hollow/[insert bullshit inner power] awakens". And then it did

>That was one of the nicest touches.
It could have been a really nice characterisation moment, but it's hampered by the fact that 090 running out of fuel comes out of left field, and feel too contrived.

Even if Hiro's sudden recovery was shitty, I don't think the show will go back to that well. It has to start answering questions and solving mysteries, so this introductory arc getting a too-perfect bow on top was just to ease people into the story.

>That is simply not true.
What, exactly was uncertain about the resolution in this episode? The only remotely plausible alternative was the oni transformation theory, which could be argued as equally "asspull" as the love powerup. It doesn't change the resolution of the fight, it only introduces a different dramatic conflict that may end up arising later on anyways.
>Funny how I wasn't expecting them to die at all.
Good for you, then? I've seen the posts, but P26 living or dying has minimal effect because their characters carry no weight.

The problem is that all of episode 5 focused on how much pain Hiro was in. The dino aids was introduced in episode 5. The pain was also introduced in episode 5. Up to this point there was no reason to believe Hiro would suffer any pain after riding the Strelizia.

It makes sense if they are actually planning to do something with this, instead it was used to build up tension to be resolved next episode by magic. Why even bother wasting all this time on it?

Not really.

The professor has great taste.

The dinoaids is definitely not gone. Come on.

You realize this was episode 6 of two cours do you not?
They're not going to forget it ever happened.
First they say that anyone that rides with 02 dies, then they say Hiro is special.
Then it turns out he is not actually immune to any negative effects and there really is something happening to him.
And now they've shown that he was able to overcome it somehow.
That "somehow" be it their connection, his will power, or something unique in his genes is not something they will just throw away. They will explore it in mode depth later.
And whatever was happening to him is still happening. He didn't die like the average person but he still suffered something from riding with 02. Something that almost killed him but he managed to survive. But that something is still there inside of him. It might lead to the oni Hiro memes or maybe something else but they're not going to throw that way either.
It was literally just one episode dealing with that issue at the current stage it was at the time, it doesn't mean they won't ever touch it again, in fact we should assume they obviously will since they still have a cour and half for the show left.

I don't understand why you think it's too brisk. Hiro's realization was sudden so the tumor appropriately receded suddenly. It wouldn't make any sense for it to be gradual.

>For example, 090 simply runs out of fuel, without it being previously shown that he was running low on fuel.
So would some random cuts of his fuel gauge really make you feel better? They went all in on an attack on the klaxosaur and failed which is why they ran out of fuel. It was previously mentioned that the Franxx run on magma energy, so running out of fuel was always within the realm of possibility.

You're right about the Hiro following out of his seat thing though.

>We already know that the glutenberg class is the third-weakest class,
No we don't. That's just a presupposition based on external evidence (what the different Klax types are named after).
>Hachi and Nana do not know much.
Everything so far points to the contrary. They are very well informed, as they should be, given their roles.
>The Franxx are far all more manoeuvrable than the big Klaxosaur.
This doesn't explain why the Conrad class Klaxosaurs never attack when they're talking, or why Target Beta never tries to squash the Franxx while they're talking either. Nor does it explain why it takes so long for Target Beta to reach the plantations given the speed at which it's moving. It's all dragged out to the length of the dialogues. As soon as the chaarcters finish talking, the Gutenberg class klax is suddenly a lot closer. The episode paid little attention to timing and continuity.
>The 13 squad also mostly sat around doing nothing.
Which is bad.

>That's your opinion not a fact.
It's a cold hard fact dear user. The fact that the action is always interrupted in extremely obvious ways whenever the characters need to talk something over is not a matter of opinion.

Stop tunnel-visioning in on the fucking subs please.

I thought it was pretty obvious that they used up their fuel trying to "electrocute" the big guy. Not sure why that is such a hard sell for some people.

why waste time arguing with literal retards?

>I don't understand why you think it's too brisk
Not my problem.

>Hiro's realization was sudden so the tumor appropriately receded suddenly.
This is such a laughable non-sequitur.

You're full of shit. You only thought about that in hindsight, as did everyone else. You can't honestly tell me that you were expecting one of the units to run out of fuel before it happened.

>Hiro suddenly realizes he wants to help 02 and gets rid of his death wish
>tumor recedes to reflect the change in his heart
What don't you get about this?

Running out of fuel was never a factor until the moment it happened, and it sounds cheesy as fuck. Do we need to check their fuel gauge every fight now? Don't we?

>You realize this was episode 6 of two cours do you not?
I wonder, how many more times are you going to repeat this stupid point?

They wanted to ripoff Eva, without realizing what made it good.

>Hell, fucking ep5 had interesting developments. It made clear just how very little the kids know about emotions
And you show that through character drama, not robots punching dinos.
>We also got some insight into how 02 sees the world
And we do get more of that. 02 outright calls herself a monster and shows it when she's in a self-loathing rage when Hiro "dies."
>Then there was the whole dinocancer thing. Hiro finding the resolve to pilot even if it kills him
It also established that Hiro wasn't going to be killed.
> The battle sequence was dull and nothing of consequence regarding the future actually happened
It was a necessary conclusion to the "3 rides is death" conflict. It wasn't meant to establish more than what was already set up. All of the emotional drama with 02, Ichigo, and even the tumor are all ongoing conflicts that will come up later.

So now it's bad that the show subverted our expectations by running out of fuel after previously establishing its existence?

They used up all their fuel trying to kill a klaxosaur and failed. What's so "cheesy" about that?

No, really.

>What, exactly was uncertain about the resolution in this episode?
How the tumour would affect Hiro and how he would overcome it.

>Good for you, then? I've seen the posts, but P26 living or dying has minimal effect because their characters carry no weight.
Nice backpedalling there buddy.

>That is simply not true.
Not him, but I also tend to agree. I don't mean to say I predicted the episode scene for scene or something, but all the broad strokes and important developments were pretty much just capping off previous foreshadowing and/or development or were just predictable by themselves. I did not think there was a real chance of them failing to protect the pipe, not with P26 veterans and Strelizia there. I didn't think there was a chance they'd kill any of the P13 cast since they had served no real purpose in the story yet and there was no huge audience investment in them, so designing characters just to kill them before they do anything made no sense. I most certainly did not think about Hiro and 02 not coming out fine out of this because they had way too much positive foreshadowing and symbolism for anything else to happen.

I'm not sure, what exactly was there to be uncertain about? I guess the "blue oni" theory could've happened, but I'm really glad it didn't as I said it would cheapen their relationship since it was first brought up weeks ago. The exact means weren't known of course, but the ends were quite clear to me. I liked the way the episode actually respected all that was set up previously and didn't go for some epic twist just to be different, a fitting end to the arc which just made sense.

And when Kabaneri did this, nobody batted an eye.

What part of "it's not the fact that he recovers but the speed at which the tumour recedes that's the problem here" is so hard to understand?
People are annoyed over Hiro's recovery because it was too thorough and too rapid, not that it happened. The fact that he would find some strength in him to help 002 once he realised she needs him is believable. The fact that the tumour receded so fast from the rest of his body is what's rubbing people the wrong way.

All of the things you mention are generic shonen garbage. Hiro is the chosen one, then all of sudden he actually isn't the chosen one and starts taking damage, then it turns out he actually is the chosen one and fully absorbed the dino cancer. Sure they can try to explain it in the future, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a cop out.

Basically the Dino cancer is going to be used in three ways, either its a bull shit power up that has drawbacks (like most shonen power ups), its a slow cancer that will eventually kill him when its convenient for the plot, or it will be hand-waved away. Nothing good or interesting will happen because of the dino-aids.

>So now it's bad that the show subverted our expectations by running out of fuel after previously establishing its existence?
Please tell me you're trolling.

>Everything so far points to the contrary. They are very well informed, as they should be, given their roles.
They even call the cube "beta" because they don't know what it actually is. Like, they literally say
>we assume its a Klaxossauros too, pic related

Being special was an established part of his character since the beginning.
If you can't handle that because it's too shonen for you then I hate to break it but you have wasted your time.

I expected them to desync (not get oof though) because of the heavy blow they took that moment.

>The kids being shocked at "hundreds" of enemies? Didn't fucking matter because they only fought like 3 at a time.
It really did matter though.
For starters squad 26 made it very clear that they had very low confidence in and very low expectations of squad 13. What with being inexperienced, disorganized, and undisciplined in their eyes. A hastily thrown together makeshift team of odd individuals.
This rightfully bothered squad 13 but they admitted that squad 26's analysis is quite fair, as frustrating as it might have been. But it did contribute towards motivating them to do their utmost as to exceed squad 26's imagination of them.

But it was interesting to see because squad 26 were actually shown to capable. Them looking like background characters didn't mean they were nothing but fodder capable of nothing. It actually hammered in how humanity has been able to survive so far. It effectively conveyed just how behind squad 13 really have been.
Squad 26 took out the vast majority of the enemies on their own. Meanwhile squad 13 minus Delphinium could barely handle even one at a time and their teamwork was far from satisfying. They were proving squad 26 right.

Ultimately however, and this is the important part.
For all their shortcomings squad 13 did perform much better than anticipated in the end. Even not counting Strelizia. This is good because the whole situation resulted in character growth from both squads.
Squad 13 had to re-evaluate themselves from how they were completely one-upped by squad 26 in essentially all fields. Meanwhile squad 26 had to re-evaluate squad 13 for exceeding their expectations in spite of the facts.
If squad 26 or a mix of characters of both squads had all just been wiped out and died in this battle then we would have just gotten a further influx of suffering drama, and we would have had less character growth for the characters' development. And development from fewer perspectives as well.

This is getting so annoying. I predicted all the broad strokes and important developments to a much higher degree than you and I can prove it by fishing old posts from the archive.

Read

Finally. Just not to overlook them. This actually all plays a part in with 02 and Hiro too. Strelizia, 02. The infamous partner killer and unreliable monster of the battlefield. Successfully defended the plantations and helped neutralizing the enemy threat(s), without allied casualties. Successfully combating the pre-conceived notions of her. Had the characters died instead she would just be branded an unreliable monster even harder than before. And it'd be a kick in the gut to 02's growth as a character, further feeding her depression, and result in a regression of development to some extent.
And as for Hiro. He'd be seen as someone not making much of a difference. Downplaying his role as a character dramatically. While with the elements of the above, putting needless barriers between his and 02's relationship. With barriers that Hiro and 02 have already bit by bit broken down as they've gotten to learn to know each other.

Long story short. Basically the whole gritty and dramatical battle with notable character deaths. At this time. Would have just resulted in the show taking steps backwards.
In the future it is still very possible though, and chances are good it will happen even. And now when the show focused on developing the characters further first, the ensued suffering drama from the above aforementioned potential disasters, will just hit all the harder after the fact as opposed to before. And by then the show will most likely be able to use it to further character development even further, as opposed to regress it.

>No we don't. That's just a presupposition based on external evidence (what the different Klax types are named after).
Fair enough. But given where we are in the show, there is no reason to believe that a glutenburg-class will be particularly strong. Much stronger enemies would come later on.

>Everything so far points to the contrary. They are very well informed, as they should be, given their roles.
We don't even know what the roles in the story really are. Given that their names are numbers, it's likely they aren't very well informed. Plus they weren't even sure it was a klaxosaur at first. 02 and the nines probably knows more than they do.

>This doesn't explain why the Conrad class Klaxosaurs never attack when they're talking
While who was talking? The 26 squad took out the vast majority of the conrad classes. They talked a bit while fighting.

>why Target Beta never tries to squash the Franxx while they're talking either. Nor does it explain why it takes so long for Target Beta to reach the plantations given the speed at which it's moving
What? Target Beta was moving slowly. The other pilots were talking while moving along with while it was going towards the wall. It doesn't make any sense for it to try and squash the Franxx. The primary target is the magma energy.

>Which is bad.
They were literally on reserve. They didn't do anything for the vast majority of the battle. Their role was mostly just to hang out in the back.

>The fact that the action is always interrupted in extremely obvious ways whenever the characters need to talk something over is not a matter of opinion.
This literally isn't true though. 26 squad carries out plenty of attacks while talking.

TTGL took 8.

>Hell, fucking ep5 had interesting developments
Then it did had interesting developments?

>Then it did had interesting developments?
What would where what when?

Can you not read? The tumor receding rapidly reflects the sudden change of heart. The point was to show that he recovered through some kind of willpower or something. It would make zero sense for the tumor to gradually recede because he didn't change his mind gradually. It was meant to mirror his feelings.

FUUUUUUCK MY LIFE YOU'RE DUMB AS SHIT
Bitch, I LITERALLY POINTED OUT THE SAME THING! Hachi had never witnessed something like this before, even though he is otherwise experienced and well-informed, which is one of the reasons I gave for this fight being a big thing.

Do you even read the posts you're replying to?

No it is with how it has been handled. He was clearly special in episode one, everyone knew this. He clearly didn't suffer any damage or drawbacks in the first episode (the first four episodes point this out constantly) when everyone else did. Episode 3 even had a separate pilot take over and made a point to show him getting completely fucked up because of it.

Then all of sudden episode 5 breaks the point that Hiro is special by having him get dino cancer and now suffer from extreme amounts of pain. All for this to be hand waved in episode 6 by a plot magic fixing the problem.

This thread reeks of Cred Forums.
Complaining without any good reasons.Just to complain.

>woah nice fight a1
these people who out of their way to bash trigger on a baffle me.

fucking watch little witch academia which was actually animated and directed by trigger and even that show about cute girls go to hogwarts has great cinematic fights

nigger this show is A1. trigger's name is there to sell this show to people who hate A1. that one scene where strelitzia first transforms is probably the only scene they've animated so far.

Do you get paid for this or you do it on your free time?

Episode 5 didn't break the point. It furthered it.
He was in fact so special that instead of dropping his YBC he had a spike in them. Instead of being sick he was having an odd growth and his symptoms were unique.
What it broke is the idea that 02 couldn't hurt him.

>even though he is otherwise experienced and well-informed
You don't know that.

>You're full of shit. You only thought about that in hindsight, as did everyone else.
Not that guy. But I did indeed think of it.
From the very first time we saw a FranXX in action we saw Strelizia's magmafuel canisters being depleted upon using her energy. With the episode even zooming and focusing on specifically.
And since then the fact that the robots run on magmafuel, and needed to be refuelled have both been brought up.

So when these generic FranXX robots that weren't even custom designs. Engaged this gigantic Klaxosaur that it was unclear if they were even able to damage.
After having already engaged in a relatively lengthy fight. At that point I did indeed question whether or not they would really have enough fuel for such a thing. The way they bound the big Klaxosaur with their weapons and just kept shocking it more and more, much more than what they did with the little ones. After having already engaged all the others. I really was starting to wonder if it wouldn't run out.

On the contrary if none of them had ran out of fuel this battle, then that would have just shat on all the previous cases of the show bringing up their use of fuel.

>How the tumour would affect Hiro and how he would overcome it.
The expectations established by the episode lent itself to two possibilities: it doesn't, or it makes him stronger. They went with the former. Either way, the outcome of the fight does not change. Anyone who expected Hiro to die would be developing expectations contrary to the established narrative.
>Nice backpedalling there buddy.
How am I backpedalling? Either expectation of P26 living or dying is reasonable in the context of the narrative-- I'm just saying that the uncertainty in these expectations do not lend themselves to dramatic tension because the audience doesn't care if they live or die, because their characters are irrelevant.

The sudden change of heart marks the point at which the Hiro starts to recover, but his decision being "sudden" does not mean the recovery should also be sudden. He could not afford to change his mind gradually there.

>The point was to show that he recovered through some kind of willpower or something
This is just your assumption. It could be that him changing his mind and him getting healed are not causally related. Just because one happens after the other does not mean that one happens due to the other. We don't actually know why he recovered (yet).

> It was meant to mirror his feelings.
The tumour isn't a mirror into Hiro's soul, and even if it were, symbolically, one, it is at the same time also a somatic condition and one would expect it to behave as such.

It's good though. Honestly.

Yes, we do, you stupid speedwatcher.

I admit, I wasn't expecting it. But if I was paying attention closely, I'd pick up on the implications of the line in pic related.

>This doesn't explain why the Conrad class Klaxosaurs never attack when they're talking
They literally compressed Genista there.

>Nor does it explain why it takes so long for Target Beta to reach the plantations given the speed at which it's moving
It was said it was 4000 somethings away, they would finish they bulwark/wall only 02:10 (that means, most likely they wouldn't be attacked before that) and the Franxxes were being deployed to combat 20:30.
They had PLENTY of time.

His name is literally a number. You don't know exactly what his job is. He didn't even know the cube was a klaxosaur. The signs point out that he's actually not well-informed. And why would he be? He's just a grunt. He doesn't give any orders.

I think you are the one missing the point here. You said that everything pointed to the contrary, when it actually they literally didn't know what that was about.
Hachi saying he never saw something that big never changed the fact they don't know what that is, which is why they still call it "target beta" and follow the normal procedures.

You're not me you giant piece of shit.

Just keep in mind that we are talking about magical oni aids.

>This is just your assumption. It could be that him changing his mind and him getting healed are not causally related. Just because one happens after the other does not mean that one happens due to the other. We don't actually know why he recovered (yet).
Well obviously, but everything in the show points in this direction. Unless you want to argue that Hiro recovering right after he thinks to himself that he wants to 02 is just a coincidence and his state of mind had nothing to do with the recovery. The point is that, thematically, it makes by far the most sense for the recovery to be instantaneous not gradual.

He was clearly sick. I don't know about you but growing a blue tumor that causes absurd amounts of pain would be enough to call someone sick. The fact he was demonstrating any damage at all went against the notion that he was immune to the damage established since episode one.

You could have a point if it was clearly getting worse as time went on, but it was brought up one episode and "resolved" in the next. If the writers didn't know how to cleanly resolve the issue without resorting to the power of love then they shouldn't have included it at all.

The key point there is that they literally say
>we deemed it as a klaxosaur because of its independent movement
They are not even SURE if that was a Klaxo, they were just going with the basic info and following measures if it was.

Not the guy you're talking with. But it's hardly "resolved" though. You can bet that it has just taken on a new form.
And that changes everything. They didn't just introduce something to just forget about it the next episode. They introduced something to build upon it the next episode and then keep building on it.

>Target Beta was moving slowly.
Go rewatch the scene. Target Beta is fucking huge. Its legs only appear to be moving slow, but its actually covering a lot of distance. Pay attention to the speed at which the Franxx units move, how much dust they leave behind them.

>While who was talking?
The characters who are engaged in fighting. Both P26 and P13 teams. The Klax never attack during their dialogues.

>They were literally on reserve.
They weren't on reserve when Strelizia was pinned into a fucking wall mate.

>We don't even know what the roles in the story really are.
We know enough. Hachi is supervising their training as pilots, and he is specially assigned to put them through an accelerated program because they're a special test team. Dr. Franxx menions this in episode 1(!) already, not that I expect you to remember this.
It makes sense that they would be informed about all sorts of things. It would also make sense that the various plantations share info on Klaxosaurs between them, since they're at 'war' with them. Hachi, being the highest ranking officer there, should be expectedly experienced and well informed. So when he says that he hasn't seen something like this before, it means it's a pretty big deal.

>26 squad carries out plenty of attacks while talking.
Yeah, while yelling simple instructions to each other, not while having dialogues.

>"resolved"
so now you can see the future? it's just retarded to think it just disappeared at the end of this episode and it will not be explained in the next couple episodes

We don't even know exactly what Hiro felt. We know he was in pain, but at the same time he said he felt more alive than ever. Was that just total bullshit from Hiro or was there a grain of truth in that? We'll see in the upcoming episodes.

?
>And what the fuck do you want six episodes in if its not about subversion?
>interesting developments
>Six out of 24 episodes in?
>ep5 had interesting developments.

>You said that everything pointed to the contrary
About them being well-informed about such things for fuck's sake. That is, Target Beta was an unusual occurence on which Hachi had no info and which he had not previously encountered, but otherwise he is well informed, so this establishes the raid as a (supposedly) big deal.

Read the damn reply chain and pay attention next time.

>le meme arrows and don't present any argument shitpost
fuck off

>?
My reaction to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=nG19fg9ZVVQ

>His name is literally a number.
All parasites use code numbers.
>You don't know exactly what his job is.
Sasuga speedwatcher. He's the officer responsible for training P13, and the highest ranking guy there.
>He didn't even know the cube was a klaxosaur.
Because that is an unusual occurrence.

Get a brain transplant.

>we are talking about magical oni aids.
No, we aren't. The fact that you want to trivialise it like that goes to show just how poorly done it is.

>just turn your brain off man, it's magic

can we talk about how ichigo is the best girl of the season

>it's a real disease and he should have to be treated by realistic medicine to treat his dinosaur space AIDS

why are you asking to be bullied, user

Because I want you to bully me, user.

did you know anime actually have a credits role?
wow!

I did not say that. The issue is not realism, but verisimilitude -- believability within the confines of the setting of the story, as established.

>It could be that him changing his mind and him getting healed are not causally related
>The tumour isn't a mirror into Hiro's soul, and even if it were, symbolically
They are legitimate interpretations, however, at least for now.

And furthermore, if you're suggesting the tumor recession ought to take place over 30 seconds instead of 5, then that's nitpicking of the highest degree. The rate of recession has minor narrative significance and everyone screaming asspull would still be screaming asspull. Sure, you could be correct in that it's better, but that's only if the previous interpretations are false, as you say.

>t. Ichigo

>Go rewatch the scene. Target Beta is fucking huge. Its legs only appear to be moving slow, but its actually covering a lot of distance. Pay attention to the speed at which the Franxx units move, how much dust they leave behind them.
Yes and Target Beta is also very far away from the wall. You don't have an actual set distance or speed so there is no way to determine if the time it takes (about a minute) is reasonable or not.

>The characters who are engaged in fighting. Both P26 and P13 teams. The Klax never attack during their dialogues.
Not during extended dialogues sure.

>They weren't on reserve when Strelizia was pinned into a fucking wall mate.
And what's your point here? They didn't know what to do while it was smashing the wall.

>It makes sense that they would be informed about all sorts of things.
Why would it? He's just there to train them faster. It doesn't make any sense that he would know anything particularly deep about the Klaxosaur or the test subjects. He's just there on orders to do a job. You don't need to know the details.

>Yeah, while yelling simple instructions to each other, not while having dialogues.
Well no you rarely have extended dialogue during any action scene.

How come people are so upset at the tumor receding swiftly. After it expanded like 1000% rapidly over the course of the battle? From just covering a tiny portion of his chest to then most of his body.

Why can you accept it growing quickly but not the opposite?

Why not introduce it in episode two then seeing how its going to be built upon. Clearly riding with her caused him to grow a tumor, so it should have been an issue since episode two, but it clearly wasn't.

It honestly doesn't matter if it isn't fully resolved. We can now safely assume it can be effected by the power of love/willpower. Anything that has to do with the dino-aids is completely up to plot convenience. Want extra drama? Dino-aids is slowly killing Hiro. Tense situtation where Hiro might die? Dino-aids kicks in and powers him up. Want Character drama? Dino-aids slowly changes MC's personality.

The writers can now bullshit anything they want using the power of dino-aids.

He clearly meant he felt more alive because he is facing thrilling situations.

the bullying will reduce over time. ichigo will win everyone over as she did me.

Being a commander of some hacked-together unit is not an impressive ranking. Hachi is just a grunt on other people's orders and he probably doesn't know much about Dr. Franxx's experiments.

It's believe within the story that Hiro could suddenly recover because it's been pounded into our heads the entire time that he was special.

I specified no time interval during which it would recede. It could take days for all I care. Narrative-wise, all that was required there was for Hiro to get off his ass and go calm 002 down. He could have done that while still having the tumour all over his body for example, with his desire to help 002 lending him strength. Just an example.

The tumour receding from his body is in no way a narrative must for that scene in the first place (even if it was expected that something like that would happen regardless), which is why it not only receding, but receding that rapidly strains credulity.

I don't mind Hiro adapting to DinoAIDS, but you can get really sick really fast, but you need some recovery time for every disease, you don't feel brand new at the very next day

>Why not introduce it in episode two then
Because he had only rode with her once.
If it had happened right from the start then people would have rejected 02 outright instead of being passive aggressive about it. And the question of just how dangerous 02 just might be in actuality, wouldn't have had time to develop either.

>He clearly meant he felt more alive because he is facing thrilling situations.
He could have also meant it physically. You don't know that it was strictly metaphorical.

>my magical fictional disease needs a specified recovery time

He was special and he was a prodigy and he trains hard when none of the other fucking retards have the common sense to do so

Cocona shouldn't suffer

Then bully me.

I said that I don't mind you asshat, but I can understand why people would be upset by it

Has anyone met someone like Ichigo IRL?