Literally nobody asked for a second season and a movie

Sebastian Price
Sebastian Price

Literally nobody asked for a second season and a movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2015/.95914
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-volume-2015/.95916
danmachi.com
en.danmemo.com

Nicholas Long
Nicholas Long

sales disagree with you

Daniel Collins
Daniel Collins

i did

Xavier Murphy
Xavier Murphy

shit content gets sequel
every time

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

fuck you soyboy

Jaxson King
Jaxson King

I never expected it and already forgot about half of what happened but I'll take it.

Ayden Smith
Ayden Smith

I didn't ask, but I'll take it.

Logan Bell
Logan Bell

more LE HESTIA BESTIA cringe
No please no. I thought the cancer stopped it’s been three years.

Carter King
Carter King

Sales of S1 was decent but not terrific (5,200 average) while that of Sword Oratoria was on flop territory (1,316). The way basically everyone stopped caring about Sword Oratoria should be a big sign that S2 and movie are going to not be very financial viable.

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

soyboy
The state of Cred Forums.

Caleb Martin
Caleb Martin

Didnt they adapt like 5vols into 1 fucking season?

How can the fans and the author be happy with another season butchering the source material?.

Xavier Adams
Xavier Adams

I'll take it

Jack Adams
Jack Adams

hestia is best though stop being gay

Andrew Hughes
Andrew Hughes

I just want to fug the flat amazon.

I wish the mods would do something about these "people".

Camden Russell
Camden Russell

Thought it hit like 8000? Going check now... It was on everybodirs mind when it came out

Cooper Lewis
Cooper Lewis

I did bitch

Lucas Johnson
Lucas Johnson

le
cringe
The cancer never left.

Carson Parker
Carson Parker

Nobody gave a shit about Oratoria because Bell and Hestia werent in it

Charles Perez
Charles Perez

domo, Nobody desu.

Juan Martin
Juan Martin

There are better girls in this show.

Cameron Hughes
Cameron Hughes

Hestia Defense Force already in full action
Sad that Hestiautists will defend this shit adaption that attempted to sink 5 volumes into 12 episodes because of their flavor ribbon-under-breasts cartoon crush
Just give it up. Oratoria was a huge flop, people literally only cared about this butchered adaption because it had a FOTM waifu. Nobody will care now. J.C. is a total mess production-wise.

Oliver Young
Oliver Young

Nope it's right must have been thinking first volume...........meanwhile konasubs barely had a drip going from 11k to 10k

Mason Cook
Mason Cook

close but not enough

Jaxon Wood
Jaxon Wood

I did but over 2 years ago, I forgot this even existed.

Christian Carter
Christian Carter

i did

Nicholas Murphy
Nicholas Murphy

I did so I can get a sequel to this

Zachary Harris
Zachary Harris

You forgot the temper tantrum stomping, OP.

Jaxon Wood
Jaxon Wood

Ehmm... It's not like I used to fap to it like every week...

Xavier Baker
Xavier Baker

I wish people stop thinking dvd and BD sales are everything when most franchises moved from that deprecated model since ages ago, merchandise can make up for most or even more of a series revenue. And for danmachi that's the case the games, cheap merchandise and figures sold like pancakes.

Jaxon Hill
Jaxon Hill

Why can't the japs hire people to sub their BD's in english and spanish with actual quality and sell them outside of japan cheaper?.

Robert Nguyen
Robert Nguyen

Because that's not profitable. Simple as that. Most optical media produced in Japan is still manufactured nationally, meaning retarded prices when compared to production on other Asian countries or even western ones.

Xavier Morgan
Xavier Morgan

I want moar Hestia. She is bestia.

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

ener thread
HESTIA IS BESTIA XD
Fuck you morons.

Dominic Thomas
Dominic Thomas

Explain further

Jace Smith
Jace Smith

I imagine the author is happy with his moolah

Mason James
Mason James

You are basically asking why can't they just throw away their money by investing more resources and then sinking their profits.

The western market is a tiny fraction when compared to the Japanese one. China is actually the largest market besides Japan.

Christopher Hughes
Christopher Hughes

Mean to reply to you

Lucas Morales
Lucas Morales

When you have some autistic prices from importantion into the west, you might not want to even try buying a single BD from japan.

Matthew Wilson
Matthew Wilson

Why does Lili walk around with her belt undone and pants unbuttoned?

Christopher Lee
Christopher Lee

No Hestia no life

Anthony Gutierrez
Anthony Gutierrez

Yet plenty of people still import. Why spend time, money and personal resources to have subs when the market won't be buying your merchandise? And no lowering the prices for such a niche market is not a viable alternative, the purchases don't grow linearly when the prices go down.

Nicholas Roberts
Nicholas Roberts

And that's why Japan doesn't bother selling or making the merchandise friendly to the west. It's just not profitable, they rather get flat royalties and let others do the distribution

Bentley Rodriguez
Bentley Rodriguez

mister
I haven't watched this anime, but I guess I won't.

Grayson Jackson
Grayson Jackson

yeah, because the success of an anime series solely depends on disk sales...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-series-2015/.95914

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-volume-2015/.95916

The later volumes also sold over 100,000 copies.

Wyatt Torres
Wyatt Torres

Yeah except for me.

Gabriel Sullivan
Gabriel Sullivan

I asked for a second season, the movie is really just icing on the cake

Juan Cooper
Juan Cooper

Those filenames.

Jack Flores
Jack Flores

I did, actually.

I don't care one bit for stone-faced-mary-sue. Give me more Bell and Hestia.

Ryder Cox
Ryder Cox

i did

Brody Butler
Brody Butler

I couldn't care less about some Hestia movie. But I'm all in when it comes to the second season.

James Evans
James Evans

The remaining novels are quite bad.

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

The remaining novels are all better than what the anime has covered so far.

Too bad we didn't get Ryu's side story animated. I guess there's still not enough material.

Jeremiah Harris
Jeremiah Harris

whose cat-chan

Nathan Stewart
Nathan Stewart

I did.

Sebastian Barnes
Sebastian Barnes

I wanted a season 2. A movie is a bonus. Need more oppai loli.

Kayden Walker
Kayden Walker

they will insert Lefiya in the series, right?

Gavin Sanders
Gavin Sanders

I been asking for for 3 years already, nobody asked for the movie though.

David Miller
David Miller

Literally nobody wanted them to adapt the best arcs into an anime and make an original movie

t. Brainlet

Lincoln Collins
Lincoln Collins

The point of the anime is to sell the LN, and the first cour got the LN sales pumping.

There's no chance for a S3 because the numbers won't be as high this time (there's always a drop off, since you have to have seen the previous one to watch it) but it definitely had a good case for a second season.

Parker Long
Parker Long

Season 1 didn't really butcher it. It skipped over some details and you've got absolutely no idea what the fuck Freya is up to, but it made sense and worked fairly well.

I actually can't remeber any major scenes that were completely left out. Maybe Ryuu's heart to heart being cut down and them losing some flashbacks about Bells past. But the part with Hestia unleashing her powers was way better than in the LN.

Ryder Reyes
Ryder Reyes

Wait, there's Danmachi games? Are they any good?

Robert Hughes
Robert Hughes

danmachi.com

two mobile games, a webbrowser RPG, and a PS4 game, but I only know Memoria Freese (mobile game) - the main story line retells the events of the anime series and it's fully voiced, but there are also other quests and events that are original. But it's still a mobage, really repetitive and most of the time I don't know what I am doing. It will be translated into English soon.

en.danmemo.com

Ryan Young
Ryan Young

I did

Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell

I'm so happy I thought after that horrible spinoff we wouldn't get a season 2 but we did. My faith is restored

Ryder Campbell
Ryder Campbell

So disk sales is not important to a series health? Have Stalker threads been feeding me false information?

Asher Morris
Asher Morris

about time

Grayson Long
Grayson Long

Anime exists to boost sales of the manga/LN. If it makes money ontop of that, great.

Nicholas Gonzalez
Nicholas Gonzalez

Spinoff was so bad that even the artist didn't care enough to make another doujin.

Carter Martinez
Carter Martinez

Yes, stalker threads are cancer and your obsession with hating this show is unhealthy.

Landon Morgan
Landon Morgan

Big Hestia tits

Justin Turner
Justin Turner

nobody
the show appeals to incestfags who are into son - mom.

Ryan Gomez
Ryan Gomez

Nah, I actually want to see the war games arc

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

I want more PUNISHED Bell adventures so no.

Samuel Kelly
Samuel Kelly

Just what?

Jace Lewis
Jace Lewis

It doesn't really matter if an adaptation "butches" things as long as the anime make sense overall.
IF they skip things that make the show hard to understand, its certainly a problem, but if the omission doesn't affect the comprehesion of the anime doesn't really matter.

Evan Kelly
Evan Kelly

I asked for a second season. That's where the Bell suffering ball gets rolling.

Cooper Sullivan
Cooper Sullivan

I wonder how they will manage the adaptation. I've been told that volumes 9-11 are the same arc and there is no way that they can put 6 volumes into 12 episodes.

So either they stretch volumes 6-8 with fillers or they cut vols 6-11, in either case, not very promising.

Connor Howard
Connor Howard

I wonder if they will show Bell's broken arm and then him burning people with firebolt?

Dylan Scott
Dylan Scott

6 volumes into 12 episodes
There are adaptions who did that. Just hope they don't do it.
They could stretch up to the upcoming volume 14 and make it 2-cour (they won't).

Julian Hernandez
Julian Hernandez

They can always end it with Bell fighting the revived minotaur and getting Ox Slayer skill.. or when he gets ashsmed

Mason Jones
Mason Jones

I didn't ask for this but all the girls were top tier so I'm happy.

Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez

I really miss when 24 episode series were the standard and 12 episode series for certain things.

Wyatt Stewart
Wyatt Stewart

filler
they can cut most of v08 since it is only a short story collection and use the material for BD only OVAs, for example. That leaves 5 volumes for 13 episodes, just like the first season.

Ian Sanders
Ian Sanders

But I want to see Bell fire bolto punch prostitutes!

Robert Sanders
Robert Sanders

She would be part of the Familia if it weren't for Hestia and Lili who started to behave just as bad as Hestia in the LN.

Joshua Johnson
Joshua Johnson

This tiny amount of Lefiya art makes me sad.

Carson Hall
Carson Hall

I thought I got over Hestia long ago, but this news reignited the flame and I can't stop fapping to her again

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit