So I finally got around to watching the Tsugumomo anime after catching up with the manga and...i'm left confused

So I finally got around to watching the Tsugumomo anime after catching up with the manga and...i'm left confused.

I suppose that was the best point to end the first season, but has there been any discussion of a second? Would they even want to follow the manga faithfully considering The 4 most important female leads get murdered/removed from the plot in a single fight. I think it's a very...brave thing for a manga to do and i'm liking where the series is going but I recognize that something like that can be poisonous for ratings...any thoughts/news about the anime or manga?

>Season 2 never
>Manga has been in shitty tournament arc for years now
>Solution: kill yourself

I don't mind the tournament stuff since it's brought in some...decent enough replacements for the lost cast. Can't say i'm surprised that theres no season 2 though. Still kinda shocked it got an anime at all, considering how lewd the manga can get.

>The 4 most important female leads get murdered/removed from the plot in a single fight
???
Sunao is still around and I don't know who the fourth one even is, unless you unironically think Kokuyou is important.

Obi, goddess, mom and sis.

I usually don't like lewdness of this magnitude in my manga/anime but the authors attention to anatomy makes up for it.

I love how willing it is to fuck up a characters design, at the same time tho. Like...fuck it, the female lead changes age/body size like 3 times.

>sis
>important
That's what you got for being a speedreader.

>tsugumomo will never be good again
It hurts.

>implying it was ever good

the level of disappointment i have with tsugumomo is bigger than anything in the last years
I set myself up to it

It was nice seeing so many things that broke the mold of a generic, lewd action manga.
Kazuya is a well-written character and might be one of my favourite protagonists, especially considering how he handled what happened and what he's responsible for.

Who else skipped past the gender bender chapters? I can't be the only one.

>Chapter 1-50 mostly shit school boss of the week bs with occasional good chapters
>chapter 50-93 Great
>Chapter 93-109 holy shit nigger why are you doing this to yourself?

Flute is Cute.

>Who else is a huge monumental faggot? I can't be the only one.
Fixed that for you pal, no need to thank me.

>skipping past a bunch of shit with lewd dudes makes me gay
???

The monster of the week type stuff was the best part. The tsugumomo village arc was shit. Tournament arc was a mistake.

Flute is shit. I'm glad she's dead. Too bad death doesn't mean shit.

wait what

i'm only at chapter 106 when the fuck does flute die?

Right before Kiriha is revived.

>The monster of the week type stuff was the best part.
They're completely irrelevant and detached from any overarching plot. They're just filler. Also all the character designs for school mates were horrid which is why they were all killed off and never mentioned ever again
Around May-June

So...in a few months? What?

I'll be genuinely shocked if flute dies in the fight with the old asshole but the timing adds up...

>detached from any overarching plot
The overarching plot is garbage. If an arc was bad it would at least be over quickly and then you could forget about it. Everything with Kazuya's mom is lame and we're stuck with it for god knows how long.

The author has stream himself drawing up to chapter 110. Flute dies, Kiriha gets asspulled back to life.

I'm shocked it got an anime like a whole decade after it began. What was up with that?

Same reason anything gets an anime, to advertise the source material.

Again, this sounds ridiculous but also plausible and I can feel my hype dipping...like, fuck man, if you're gonna make ballsy moves stick by them.

I'm guessing this has something to do with sewing needle girl "fixing" Kiriha?

Some shit studio couldn't get any better IP so they had to begrudgingly make a Tsugumomo adaptation.

>begrudgingly
Studios don't care as long as they get payed.

>I'm guessing this has something to do with sewing needle girl "fixing" Kiriha?
Yes.

Isn't this typically done to boost popularity after a volume or two sells well? Not 15 volumes in when the anime and manga are hopelessly apart and buying that many books means a serious purchase?

>sewing needle girl "fixing" Kiriha?
Yep, it's one of the worst resurrections in the history of fiction.
Its almost like a childrens fantasy tale with a moral of "if you got a broken rug just bring your needle and it'll be fixed in no time".

At least that seems fucking reasonable, idk...rip Flute, I really did like her as a more antagonistic partner for Kazuya.

I don't understand what you wanted from a manga where girls are household objects. This is the first I've heard of this since I avoid the streams for spoilers, but I can't see the problem at all.

The writing has always been shit. You should only be reading this for the art.

Don't make a big deal out of a characters death if you don't plan on sticking to it. How much time has even past in the manga since Kiriha died? A month?

Yeah fucking speaking of, I did a double take when Sunao's sword spoke in the anime and it was clearly a girl. I just always kinda assumed it was a boy for some reason?

>Don't make a big deal out of a characters death if you don't plan on sticking to it
Buddy, if you didn't see the author bringing back the LEAD HEROINE, then you're hopelessly out of your element reading comic books. People were talking about how she'd be brought back as soon as we got scans of her dying. I'm kind of happy the magical towel got fixed with a magical needle rather than the power of loveā„¢.

I'm pretty sure we see Sword's shota benis in some bath scenes. Boys being voiced by women is pretty normal.

Oh yeah there's also this.

It just makes death meaningless now. Flute is dead, but we know she'll just get revived. Kukuri is gaurenteed to get revived now too. I wouldn't be surprised it Kazuya's mom gets brought back to life as well.

I'd rather he be a boy anyway. Aside from scissors and Kazuya I can't think of another significant male character.

Theres a difference between a resurrection and a shitty resurrection.