PS4pro

Will you be getting one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNYj4TJbpVQ
vg247.com/2016/09/08/sony-will-share-more-ps4-pro-technical-details-soon-horizon-zero-dawn-not-running-at-native-4k/
gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-early-2017
forum.beyond3d.com/forums/console-technology.28/
youtube.com/watch?v=dfqOWxwDXdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Five.

maybe in 5 years when it and all the games are in the bargain bin.

PS4k? More like PS NO WAY!

No. Sony screwed the pooch when they excluded 4K bluray playback.

I'ill wait for the pro pro.

Yes, but a limited edition only.

Probably since FFXV, KH3, and HZD are probably going to get shafted for the non-pro versions.

Considering that barely any developers will bother making their games 4K for years because people still aren't buying 4K Sony tvs, I'll wait.

this f am.

I haven't used my ps4 in a year.

So no.

>no mods
PS4 has been BTFO by the Xbone before it has even started. My girlfriend works in a game shop and apparently everyone, even normalfags, are trading in their ps4's for Xbones since Sony went full retard.

SUPER CHARGED PEECEEE TEN TRILLION TERRAFLOPS OF POWER

Is somebody putting the whole weight of that TV on it?

Why?

If mods are that much of a dealbreaker, Xbots should just save their pennies for a PC rig.

ill wait for the giga pro

If enough games get framerate improvements from it, yes. Couldn't care less about HDR or 4k.

How did they think this design was acceptable. The original PS4 wasn't a looker but his looks retarded.

They were trying to cater to Americans' love of triple cheeseburgers.

I bought a PS4 a year and some months ago and have barely used it, so no.

I may pick up the best model once the PS5 comes out.

Can we go bigger?

Nope
I'm /rich/ and this is not a good investment
I could care less if games run at 4k if I can't even get a 4k reader

No. I'm happy with my vanilla PS4 that shit is for cucks.

I'll wait a month or so before buying just in case there's a bunch of shitty models that fry out or something, then I'll get one when demand dies out a bit.

No, because all the normalfags want the same games console to play CoD and Fifa with their friends, they don't seem to realise that they could just all buy a PC and play together.

It's the weirdest thing.

Probably not. I almost never play the PS4 I have so it's really hard to rationalize dropping a few hundred more dollars on another one.

Might get an Xbox S since that shit also upscales PS4 games to 4K and has a bluray player

I will. I was going to buy a PS4 anyway, and the price difference between Slim 1Gb and Pro is negligible.

1Tb, damn

No, I don't even play the PS4 I have now.

eventually, but i'm getting a psvr and a 1070 first, so it'll take some time

Probably, My launch PS4 sometimes stops responding to button presses and needs to be reset. I'll probably sell it soon for a PS4 Pro

Who the hell buys physical 4K blu-ray anyways?

And people say MS shills don't exist with posts like these.

What's the specs? I hear it's not that much of a bump and that it won't actually increase framerate as a result.

Probably, yeah. But mostly for PSVR. I already have an Xbone downstairs, we need a console for the living room. I also just invested in a 4K TV for there, so we'll probably end up getting the Xbone S for 4k blurays and Gold sharing and the PS4P for VR and everything else.

Considering that most major movie studios are trying to do away with physical media altogether (and it would make sense from a business standpoint if they did), buying 4K blu rays seems like a blunder unseen since the days of HD DVD. There is such a thing as finite shelf space, even for cucks who don't pirate.

Depends. Do we have any solid info on higher framerates at 1080p yet?

My ps4 died recently so I will probably get one just because. Want Ni-Oh and FFXV to look as good as they can.

nah i'll be buying a NX and a new graphics card instead

4,3 TF GPU from 1,8 TF and CPU OC'd to 2,1 Ghz from 1,6. There is a considerable jump.

I might because my ps4 randomly ejects the disc and nothing I do will fix it

>buying a new nintendo console after the WiiU fiasco
Not really though right? Shitposting aside no one on Cred Forums has taste shit enough to buy the NX when they have revealed nothing about it and the WiiU did so horribly.

I don't own a 4K TV and have no intention of buying one in the near or medium-term future, so no. Most TV is broadcast in low-quality HD (720p), internet mostly isn't fast or reliable enough to stream 4K video, so 4K TVs are going to remain a bad buy for a long time yet. There aren't any significant benefits to the Pro for anyone running at 1080p, so it all seems rather pointless. Maybe in a few years.

That should be able to do Minecraft about 40 fps am i right guys xD XD

I don't know if I really want a Slim or a Pro. I'm a PC guy and I do want to try some of the Playstation exclusives but I don't know if I care enough about graphics to spend an extra hundred or just grab the slim or even a phat on eBay when it's cheaper.

I'll wait fall 2017 so that I'll see if it has problems and stuff.
A big THANK YOU to all the beta testers, you're all awesome.

t. Pain

As soon as they release multiple good games and not cinematic experiences.

But I thought PS is perfect.

>t. Pain

If you bothered to research you'd know Pro benefits 1080p users aswell.

Are there any trade in deals for the original PS4?

mfw i read that in autotune

nope, gonna get a slim.

Just getting one for Bloodborne and fighting games

I have researched it. The only benefits so far are mildly improved picture quality due to supersampling in two games announced so far - For Honor and Shadow of Mordor. Not exactly a great reason to shell out $400.

Depends on the mods.

You get more consistent frame rate with the PS4 pro at 1080p. I'd pay $400 for the pro instead of getting the slim. Check if there's any trade-in deal so you can move up to the PS4 Pro.

Yup. I'm currently PC + PS4 + 3DS master race.

I enjoy my PS4, and the PS4 Pro's price of $399 is enticing enough for me to spend the money on it. If it was $450+ I would've had to pass.

I don't have a 4K TV but I will appreciate the supersampling, improved graphics and framerate the PS4 Pro provides.

I understand that the lack of a 4K blu ray drive turned off many people but it doesn't affect me as I have no interest in 4K blu ray. My PC can fulfill any media player capabilities my PS4 can't.

I'll probably end up giving my regular PS4 to a friend/relative.

Yes, bring your regular PS4 C chassis and 5 games worth 70$ each, and we will sell you a PS4 Pro for 199$.
Deal?

Pretty much all games with Pro patch will benefit 1080p users aswell. Hell playing a 1800p game on a 1080p TV will give you a downsampled and sharp image, similar to supersampling. Not to mention locked framerate on any game with variable frame rate.

The only game I want that is on the PS4 immediately is Persona 5

if for some miracle that it gets ported to PC, then I wont get a PS4 at all until maybe it is 200 dollars

For and anyone else who thinks the Xbone S and PS4 Pro have the same upscaling techniques.

I want atlus and vanillaware so bad on PC. They are the only reason why I keep buying sony shit.

yeah same here, I have a vita and played dragon's crown and whatnot, but I rather play it on PC

Why not trade in your normal ps4 towards the pro

Depends on how it improves performance in games i play and if PSVR ends up being succesful

Because the NX will be a handheld and that means pokemans and monster hunter.

Everyone knows this. It's just a few Pajeets on MS payroll creating misinformation on purpose. They've been at it for almost a month now shilling Xbone S as a 4K device.

How does the PS4 Pro work? If you buy consoles you don't care about quality or frame rate anyway.

Because I love my friends and family, man. If I was the poorfag I was several years ago then yeah trading in my PS4 would be mandatory

not even joking

youtube.com/watch?v=fNYj4TJbpVQ

I don't know what sony is thinking but this is a fucking fail.

Only waiting for the NX now.

How much do you think Sony will give you? Can owners realistically get about $200 to trade up to a PS4 Pro?

I already sold my old launch PS4 since I just started a new semester. Plan to buy a Pro and a 4K TV but don't know a good one with little input lag that I can get on a budget. I've made the mistake of buying a shitty brand TV and paid for it dearly.

So go ahead and laugh at me Cred Forums, you know you want to.

It upscales full HD games to 4K. That's it. You have to pay 400 dorra for that.

I already preordered one, and I already own a PS4, and I don't own a 4K TV. I'm getting it almost exclusively for FFXV, and REVII in VR.

that's kinda neato, I bet the input delay is fucked

I'll be on PS3 as well.

This retarded fucking video again. How many times a day do you post this?

Make an account on Neogaf and you're set.

I will have to see comparisons of games at 1080p and PS4 vs Pro with patch.

Infamous Second Son with improved LOD, and 60FPs would be amazing but I can't think of anything else besides Bloodborne that I would want patched. As for buying on for NEW games I'd still need to see Horizon Zero Dawn 1080p PS4 vs Pro Ps4 version.

Gonna be real here and say Gamestop will give you around 110$

At that price, why not just sell on eBay?

This is a lie. Pro games run native 1800p unlike Xbone S that runs natively 900p and then stretches it to 4K.

kek son this is fucking nuts isn't it? Don't worry though Sony could make a patch for this shit.

Immplying the PS3 version will be localized, i'd rather not if possible

does it run @60fps on ps4?

Can't do it. I've got PT on there, so I might be sitting on a collector's item.

maybe in the future if enough games in 1080p get enough significant improvements like performance increases or if the one i have now breaks.

Definitely. They actually convinced me to not buy a new PC, just keep the old one and buy PRO instead.
>literally no worthwhile exclusives for highend PC
>>pro is actually better than my current PC
>is cheaper than comparable PC

Tell me, why shouldn't I buy PRO?

>I can't think of anything else besides Bloodborne
Me neither

Ill pick one out of the dump in about a year and a half

and there still won't be any games for it

That's dogshit. We can easily get more than that on Craigslist.

>Make an account on Neogaf and you're set.

I'm a fag but not THAT much of a fag.

>1800p
whut?

I wont be getting a 4k tv. Will 1080p be noticeably better on the pro over the ps4?

What kind of a PC do you have?
If it's a desktop core i3 from 2011, it's stronger than PS4 Pro CPU wise. I mean it. AMD's using the Jaguar part on tablets and laptops.

>How much do you think Sony will give you? Can owners realistically get about $200 to trade up to a PS4 Pro?

Already sold mine for $300, paying $100 to upgrade doesn't seem so bad for me but others will disagree.

See
Pro patched games run at a native 1800p resolution. Which is a fuck-ton more than the pathetic 900p output of Xbone S.

It would be noticeable. How close do you sit to your TV and how big is it?

I just saw a ps4 with 3 games on craigslist last week for 150

almost bought it but didn't think i could handle the full ps4 catalog all at once

where are those fallout 4 console mods huh nigger

If it can play Bloodborne at 60fps I'll get one in a few years. Fuck, I love Bloodborne.

that was definitely a scam dude

How? Where?

It's acceptable at $100 to move up. If it's $200+ though i'd think twice. I think Andrew House has made a serious mistake to try and say that PS4 Pro's going to gun for PC when RX 480 and GTX 1060 are likely to go from $250 down to that $200 come Black Friday.

>Pro patched games run at a native 1800p resolution

but they don't though

even sony has said its not native...

Probably not because everything is the same besides the GPU. You won't get better textures or shadows, or frame rate.

The GPU is there for the upscaling and the VR.

This is so fucking retarded I don't know why this exist. I don't think the PRo will even out sell the Vita.

That shit can't even do 1080p kek

doubtful.

I bought my ps3 for about that little back in the day, sony consoles depreciate pretty quickly

depends on how you look at it, the exclusives PC has like Civ6 are miles better and preforms better than the ps4 games

to me there is no reason to get a ps4

what sucker bought a used ps4 for 3 hundo?

42 inch and I sit about 5-6 feet away depending on my posture

But Nioh will be way better than anything on PC

It was a family friend. I was't using it so he asked if he could borrow it, said he'd give me $300 for it and after the reveal, I said why not and sold it.

Yeah, I know it's marketing bullshit and no games except maybe 2D Indie crap will run native 4K but being able to play all PS4 games at 1080p/60FPS for $100 more sounds nice.

I cant see how bloodborne could be patched

recently sony mentioned that online games will be matched with the original model and bloodborne is a multiplayer game

does it jump FPS or something? that would be shit

Because the pro can't perform better than a PC and it doesn't support native 4K. If you don't want a PC but you want to play in 4K wait for the scorpio although it will perform like ass but it will have 4K graphics.

Not native 4K but native 1800p you fucking retard.

vg247.com/2016/09/08/sony-will-share-more-ps4-pro-technical-details-soon-horizon-zero-dawn-not-running-at-native-4k/

Instead, we’re more likely going to get a mix of temporal AA solutions and chequerboard-style rendering techniques that dynamically upscales to 4K from a resolution of 1800p, for instance

well now you are just arguing subjectivity

if you believe that, then yeah get a console

if there's a trade-in program, yes.

otherwise I'm fucking done with consoles (aside from nintendo) and upgrading my pc

>i got a malfunctioning piece of shit made by sony
>oh i know, next time i'll buy another malfunctioning piece of shit made by sony

sonyggers never learn.

I don't even give a shit about MP, I'd like 60FPS and that is it.
meh there is a few games I wouldn't mind playing at better visuals/60FPS but literally only Bloodborne and Infamous would get me to consider buying a 400 dollar box to do it

>he thinks ps4 are worth anything

lmao

Yes, i want to play Yakuza 6, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest X, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Hearts 3, Days Gone etc, i like playing games.

>Gamestop was doing a 200 dollar trade in credit for PS4 before announcement
>went down to 125 afterwards
jews

So how good is bloodborne real talk,

everyone on this board just dangles it in front of my face all the time even though I'm not interested

is it really the second coming of christ or is it a meme?

Yes. KH 2.8 comes out in jan and sadly square won't release a PC version. Gonna play it and put it in a guest room till something else comes out. Like KH 3

>I don't even give a shit about MP, I'd like 60FPS and that is it.
that's fine, I was just stating how it cant happen

beyond meme

honestly one of the worst soul games, which aren't even that great to begin with

i went the xbone route when I got my "next-gen" console so yeah I'll probably get the pro when it gets a price drop... unless they've released the playstation 5 by then... and then the playstation 5 pro

Last time fromsoft made a 60fps game it had a glitch.

It is good. No memes.

how hype are you for Bloodborne remastered?
>for only 59.99

It depends what Microsoft decides to do with the CPU side too.
If it's a Jaguar or the improved Puma, then it will be pretty sad. AMD have offered Jaguar based CPU (newer than Xbone and PS4) that can't compete even against Intel toaster grade laptop i3s from 2012. I seriously mean this.
Zen architecture? No one knows if AMD can really close the gap.

GPU side, we don't know if the Scorpio will be much closer to AMD's Vega (Polaris successor). If it's only top-end Polaris, then it will be a souped-up RX 480, which cannot outright beat the GTX 1060 and is behind the GTX 1070. Keep in mind that these cards aren't able to do 4K@60fps.

GTX 1070 or GTX 980Ti level power is enough to do about 30fps with some dips. We can only wait and see if AMD's Vega based cards (RX 490/490x?) can manage this.

Post your PSN with proof it's you

Well actually you explained how it would, offline is 60fps and online mode is 30fps.

>i went the xbone route
Are you retarded? Xbone is literally just a shittier PC in every meaning of that word.

that would be dumb, I get that is possibly the only way, but it is still dumb

Im at my gfs tonight, otherwise id be playing tw3 instead of dealing with the autistic fit im sure your about to throw

This. Xbone is really a heavily locked down and underpowered windows 10 media center PC running AMD hardware.

>Xbone is literally just a shittier PC in every meaning of that word

so is the ps4

Post a picture of your gf with proof it's you

meanwhile where I live

Ps4 has exclusives, you dumb nigger.

What? Are we going to compare PS4 running the Orbis OS to a Steam Machine running Steam OS?

gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-early-2017

With the amount of time I've put into the souls games Bloodborne is reason enough to buy a ps4/pro if you don't have one. I cant wait to finally play it

>alolan ps4.jpg

PS4 atleast has some games not on PC. Xbone doesn't even have that. There is no point in buying one ever.

uh no. its what my friends play and I like to play with them so...

>finally play it
You haven't played Bloodborne? Then wouldn't that mean you've just been playing on PC? I am not against getting PS4 just for Bloodborne's sake here.

I might just buy bloodborne used then play it on my friend's PS4

he doesnt use it anyways

dont have my phone with me
>hes actually going through with the autistic freakout

post your medical records to prove you aren't on medication for severe autism and ill dig my gfs phone out of her purse and take the picture

decent game, very surprised why it wasnt ported by now

probably just spite

but you are scrapping the barrel, a worst game to post would've been MCC

If there are serious problems they'll crop up in the first couple of months. I kind of want to wait a bit myself but as long as there are no catastrophic issues I'll probably get one close to launch because I need to play FFXV already goddammit.

Really a shame about how ugly it is, though. Original PS4 wasn't even much of a looker to begin with but Pro is some next level shit.

not pc. xbone.

>weebshit

Halo>weebshit+watered down darksouls any day of the week

Are you actually on PC while at your "gf's" but you don't even have a phone on you? Nice cop-out.

Yeah maybe.

Halo 5 is on PC and it's shit anyways. It's CoD with lasers now.

Why would I? Sony will probably come out with a new one in a year or two.

her old ass laptop, phones in the car

you're looking increasingly pathetic right now dude, even for a fanyboy this is pretty next level

pretty sad you can't actually defend the game at all

Might pick one up when I can afford it. Been wanting to get a PS4 for a while, so the Pro seems pretty nice to me right about now.

I hate these images, all of them, post more so I can filter

Still dodging like a motherfucker. You can log in to your PSN on PC. Let me see those Bloodborne trophies. What's stopping you?

Does anything run at 60 fps on PS4. Legit askign because i can,t seem to remmeber anything doing so.

he's stalling so he can show you someone else's shit

the first tomb raider, cod, battlefield, TLOU

indies?

Very likely, but I still feel like there isn't enough games that have my interest. The Last Guardian and Persona 5 are all I want, I'll give the new FF a try but that's about it that I'm aware of at least.

>Philly

Those are stolen you dumb nigger

Probably not, I have a ps4 and I don't really care about graphics.

It's stupid cheap on amazon for some reason so I'd say even if it doesn't live up to the praise you're still gonna get a good bang for your buck.

Nah. I put my ps4 into storage for a good reason

I like this response, sounds very honest

I think I will pick it up and just play it at a friend's house since he has a ps4 that he doesnt use

I'm sure you're big on Persona, MS shilling drone.

Overwatch I think. All of the remasters from PS3 If that counts.

Still smaller than the og xblox

I'll probably get it for FFXV.
I hope The Witcher III is improved for it too.

Plenty of games do. Most online games are 60 fps. Plenty of Japanese games are 60 fps aswell.

Actually Majority of the FO4 modders hated the xbone community

I've never gotten any console or expensive piece of hardware on release because I'm not a retard who likes having it break within a week.

Plus I only play Japanese games on my PS4 and those generally aren't even demanding. I'll consider getting one once the PS5 comes out and there are some more good games worth playing, but for now I'm just going to stick with the one I bought last May.

The xbone community doesn't understand that the lack of script extender and size limitation seriously limits what can be done mod wise on the xbone.

Need to play P5/Y6 and it's only a hundred bucks more than the Slim, so probably.

Since Yakuza devs know what's up I'm hoping we'll get Yakuza 6 at 1080p 60 FPS with the Pro.

Actually considering this.

Every time I get tempted to buy a PS4, some of the weeb games I want get Steam ports. The only thing non-weeb I want for the PS4 is Bloodborne at this moment, but just a couple games after 3 fucking years is a joke.

should I get this if I dont have a 4k tv?

If you plan on getting a PS4 get this.

The mods really aren't made with console in mind.
Texture size on some of the PC mods can cripple rigs packing 3.5GB of VRAM, never mind what's available on the Xbone (keep in mind that Xbone doesn't exclusively have that much vram to the GPU)

I find it mildly amusing that some of the xboners are too bone headed to think outside the egoism of the mod creators and question what they legitimately are working with when it comes to the xbone.

I'll just wait for the inevitable Days Gone PC port.

Like Bloodborne was for PS4, DG will be the only PS4 Pro game.

Enjoy your sub 30fps "4k" (really just 1080p with marketing hype, hehe).

we dont know if it actually does anything in 1080p

generally games will look better because of the super sampling, but im not sure of the performance

It renders internally at a higher resolution than 1080p actually, one of the 4k upscaled games was running at something by 1800 resolution upscaled to 4k.

xbox hueg.

>Days Gone PC port.
First of all, why would you think this could possibly be ported

Second of all, why would you want to play it? it looks like a generic survival zombie shooter

the only interesting looking thing in the game is the amount of zombies on screen

Yeah that's what I said.

yep

I consider graphics-fags blight on the industry.

Whoops it's late for me time for bed

No, I already have a ps4 and I can honestly say should've waited until something this happened
I own a gaming pc, wii u, 3ds, ps4 and even a vita for christs sakes
I bought a ps3 late into its life cycle and I loved it. It had tons of great games (yeah it did) but the ps4 has been really disappointing in comparison. Bloodborne, until dawn, uncharted 4. Those are the only 'good' exclusives and I'm being very generous with that statement, other than that its only good for multiplats.
Honestly if you haven't bought a ps4 yet save your money and buy a wii U it has 10x as many games for much less money

>I consider progress blight on the industry.

The amount of time and effort that goes into graphics should be going to gameplay. Consoles should be running mediocre looking games at 60fps. Who cares if they look a bit worse. Graphical budgets should be slashed and put elsewhere.

I think consoles should be pushing the bleeding edge. I am old enough to having witnessed PS2 and PS3 at the cutting edge of where consumer grade graphics are to be had.
PS3 for one was just as powerful as the top of the line 7800GTX in raw power, never mind it running much closer to the metal.
PS2 was more powerful than the leading Geforce2 MX with a Pentium 4.

This cutting edge is gone.

You can do both you know. Your game doesn't have to look like a PS2 just to be good.

Probably. I have to say that it doesn't look nearly as stylish as the original PS4, that thing was classy.

I utterly, completely disagree with that sentiment.
Your kind of thinking is what made Iwata famously declare that the gaming market during the time of PS2 was a dead end.
Your kind of thinking was what enabled Nintendo to getaway with pushing for beautiful and cutting edge graphics by stating that "fun above all else". It gave rise to the Wii, which sold like hot cakes to normies, but guess what? That sort of success was fleeting.

I think the industry would be well served by having lower budgets for games. Some risks could be taken once in a while.

I'm old enough to have played on NES and not given a shit about graphics.

Wii games weren't taking risks or being interesting, they were 95% shovelware or new entries in time tested franchises.

How many mikus can it render at once?

>enabled Nintendo to move away from Pushing for beautiful and cutting edge graphics
corrected myself.

It's ought to be about games, but don't you even dare to suggest that graphics don't matter with that "sola entertainment" argument.

hold the fucking phone, I thought it was just a ps4 slim edition?

I already have a xbox one s

Your "source" is just speculating out of their ass. Sony didn't confirm exactly what they were doing so those guys guessed it was 1800 upscaled to 4k. The thing is, checkerboarded 4K is twice the pixels of native 1080p. The PS4P has a little more than twice the GPU power, plus specialized hardware and API tools that allow for easy and efficient implementation of that technique. It's just as reasonable to assume that games which can hit 1080 on PS4 will be able to do checkerboarded 4K on PS4 Pro.

>old enough to have played on NES
You have even less of a fucking reason to claim that then. Graphics is king. SNES was absolutely gorgeous in 2D rendering, and PSX/N64 couldn't tough it. The audio capabilities on the SNES was superior to what you'd get on the Genesis at that, and it's something that made it stand out like a gem.

Audio is great, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the graphical budgets go to better music in games. It seems 90% of my favourite songs are from SNES to ps1 era and I think it's because they didn't have shitty voice acting or graphics so they had to have great music.

I'll wait a month after release to see how it stacks up against the original PS4. Digital foundry should cover everything this thing has to offer. What i'm thinking is due to the CPU overclock it might offer more stable framerate in comparison to OG PS4 and if that is the case i'll eventually get one. The two games i really want to play on this thing is Horizon and Gravity Rush 2

I'm so sorry user, you have my condolences

Are you as retarded ass those people , user?

F

9 Quintillion Mikus in 4K 30fps and 12 Enneadekillion Mikus in 1080p 60fps

Sean, is that you?

0 hopefully.

Didn't know they already get printed with dust now

I speak no lies only true facts

Ps4 pro will be only definitive version to play games from now on PC never stand a chance

Thanks Sean.

Yeah. I actually will.

>Modern Warfare Remastered in 4k

Does HDR even matter? I'm not sure if my 4K TV has it.

Yup, will be trading in my current 2tb ps4 for a pro.

If your planning on doing it at GameStop don't

They only accept stock ps4

HDR does matter, it's basically more colors and a more accurate image. It will eventually become a standard and it's no meme.

Take it with a grain of salt. It's been available on PC for years since HL2, but the feedback on how it's been done has been quite iffy.

HDR lighting and HDR color space are two entirely different things

Really? That's pretty stupid. Oh well

Nah, still no games and no UHD blu-ray player

serious question here. i own a ps4 right now and a pc. i have no idea why i said i have a pc but yeah whatever. I'm wondering if the ps4pro is going to upgrade, bloodborne, and ffxv? if it does i might get it right away, but if it doesn't i don't really see a point till next year. thanks friends. and by upgrade i mean possible 60 fps or a quality upgrade.

Probably not. It's kind of like going from Smartphone 5 to Smartphone 6. I think I will wait for the equivalent of Smartphone 7. I can live without having the latest and greatest of everything.

Yeah it's dumb I have my black ps4 upgraded to 1tb I tried to trade in but they told me they will only take it if it was the Black Ops 3 PS4

Might be different in other stores idk

I will once there is a bigger price drop and once the new Armored Core and Gundam games come out.

It's more like Smartphone 5 to Smartphone 5s

probably depends on the dev.

it's kind of a big deal

If you have the money I don't see why not. I have a high end PC and this is exactly the reason why I waited this long, and I save $100 compared to when I was originally going to get it. People still play Bloodborne Co-Op/PVP so really the most worthwhile exclusive (IMO) is still playable in its fullest capacity so you haven't missed anything.

I kinda agree with this. Games like RDR were completely ruined because of MUH GRAPHICS.

So does the prolapse actually improve the frame rate on games played at 1080p, or is it just the resolution it can upscale?

What is Dolby Vision by comparison? Isn't it supposed to be better than "regular" HDR10?

Yeah, that's probably a better comparison. These "new" consoles are not really next generation machines by any stretch of the imagination, at least not on the Playstation side. I guess we'll have to see what Microsoft is doing, but I'm not expecting any major surprises other than maybe better frame rates running on 4K TVs that I can't afford anyway.

If you were a first time buyer of course you'd probably spring for the better hardware, but if you already own the system it's not going to be a game changer.

Rec 2020 is the color space. HDR10, which uses the Rec. 2020 color space, Perceptual Quantizer (PQ), and a bit depth of 10-bits. HDR10 is an open standard supported by a wide variety of companies.

Dolby Vision is a competing HDR format and allows for a color depth of 12-bits, 10,000-nit range, and uses the Rec. 2020 color space and SMPTE ST-2084.

wow. I am surprised about Rec2020.

Of course not. They're just going to make a PS4 Ultra Pro in another two years, and then suddenly games aren't going to look so hot on my dingy old PS4 Pro anymore.

Unless you got it in the last few months(or if it was insanely expensive and you got it within the past 1-2 years), probably not.

HDR is complicated. It's hard to explain because there's so much that the average person takes for granted about how a picture is actually generated on a display.

Basically, consider how it's generally pretty shitty to try and watch TV in a sunny room. This is because the light generated by the sun is just so much brighter than the light your TV can possibly produce, so it tends to "wash out" the image. This example highlights the concept of "dynamic range," the difference in energy between the lightest and darkest points in a scene.

Now try to imagine taking a video or photograph from inside that same sunny room. As we've established, the TV can't produce light NEARLY as bright as the sun, so it has to "compress" the true range of values so it's capable of displaying it. In the process, you end up either clipping the highlights, shadows, or both, so that parts of the image are just big blobs of complete-white or complete-black.

HDR TVs have a Higher Dynamic Range than regular TVs. This means that there's less compression and clipping of highlights and shadows in situations like the one I described. Therefore, images in such situations look SIGNIFICANTLY better/more real than on an SDR display.

However, the limited dynamic range of displays and imaging devices has existed for a very long time. Most content producers, i.e. filmmakers, game designers, etc. have worked out lighting tricks and techniques to get stuff to look good despite this limitation. Some people might even prefer the "stylized" look of this approach, like how 48fps movies were pretty much panned by everyone. Additionally, it really makes the biggest difference in situations with very high contrast, so many scenes, particularly in "fudged" and stylized lighting scenarios most often seen in games, won't be drastically different.

I'm glad we're finally getting rid of 709. Relic of analog video.

This her?

what monitors support HDR?

>PS4
>PS4 Slim
>PS4 Pro
>PS4 Pro Slim
>PS4 Ultra
>PS4 Classic

The only thing you need to know about HDR is that it will improve color gamut and color bit depth in future monitors that support it. Current consumer models today only support sRGB and pricier models may offer wide gamut such as Adobe RGB/dci-p3. However, HDR capable displays support Rec2020 color gamut which is the broadest variety of colors available to us so far.

Cherry Coke of PS4 when?

SUPER PS4 ULTRA SLIM TURBO REMIX TOURNAMENT: REREVENGEANCE

Why is it that monitors seem to be lagging? Is there a significant difference between how monitors and TVs are produced?

So basically I need a new Sony TV to use HDR great news

PCs still can't play HDR Blu-rays

>not getting the ultra gigga nigga edition

We don't even have the right monitor for Rec 2020 yet. From what I've read, Quantum dot LED does promise to deliver displays that can push over 90% of Rec.2020, but I haven't really seen any TV or monitor, not even meme level, that can deliver on it.

Local Gamestop is offering to change my normal PS4 to Pro and give them 139€ in change, I think I can pay that much for the upgrade.

Some expensive TVs have it. As for computer monitors I don't think any do yet except some crazy expensive Dell and Acer ones. LG has the 24UD58-B with is a 10-bit panel but I think HDR means something more than just a 10-bit panel, like something about contrast and brightness.

tl;dr HDR is a real thing, it's cool technology, but cool technology doesn't always translate to better experiences. Even when it does, it usually takes a while for both consumer- and producer-side standards to get up to speed, i.e. by the time you NEED an HDR TV they'll be widespread and relatively inexpensive.

No point outside of better graphics.

Most games are locked to thirty frames, and those locks aren't being lifted.

Kojima, is that you?

Better than 4K at least.

Are Rec.2020 and HDR synonymous? It seems like some TVs already claim to be HDR-ready, I think some meme OLEDs or whatever.

No, see

I thought that's how HDR formats are defined across the board. Isn't all HDR TV supposed to meet the Rec.2020 color space?

except people don't care about accurate color reproduction, they just want more megapickles and hertz

Thanks for typing this out man.

>people don't care about accurate color reproduction
agreed. Some people will purposely use twisted nematic TN monitors instead of the inplane switching IPS displays because they want the refresh rate and they could care less about color reproduction or care about viewing angle.

only quads can run these games

i dont think so, already have the first one. by the end of this year, i'm going to have a desktop, probably build my own. i'm just going to put half away for it every paycheck.

>400 dollars for a slight upgrade
>sonyggers will actually buy it
Hilarious

>2.3 times more powerful ps4
>over 3 times as powerful as the Xbone S
>$50 difference
>slight

kys desu

As I'm using my ps4 through a capture card and my pc monitor I won't be upgrading for a long time. Will only consider a Ps4pro when I'm going for a 4k monitor and HBM2

I can't believe the retards buying a ps4pro immediately

That video, that video alone, is my fetish.

>2,3 times more powerful
so you guys will get 33 fps finally?
good for you guys! and it only costs 800$

hell yea son. gotta get me those 4.2 terraflops. pc gaming is finished.

>Plays the same games at the same framerates
>Option to upscale to a fake version of 4k with some games
>Requires you to buy a 4k television to notice any difference at all
>2016
>Falling for the 4k meme

oh yea cause all the defects are gonna be gone in a month with all those sales.

>Requires you to buy a 4k television to notice any difference at all

No it doesnt.

>No. PS4 Pro can display much higher resolutions than the standard PS4 when using a 4K TV. But if you own an HDTV (720p, 1080i, 1080p), PS4 Pro can still improve your gaming experience.

You will notice the difference even at 1080p, and I think that you will be forced to move up to PS4 Pro despite what Sony's claiming right now. I seriously think that devs will eventually win and there will be games made with only the Pro in mind.

>owning physical media
>a blunder

Yeah, have fun when they decide to stop serving all the content you've purchased licenses to, you shiteating retard.

>there will be games made with only the Pro in mind.

Yup. Last of us 2 anyone? I bet it will be pro exclusive.

I will, and once I get it, I'll copy P.T. to the Pro and sell my regular PS4 before everyone figure out you can get a copy of the game tha way.

My TV can handle something like 1080p30 or 720p50, so I won't buy any console until I get a new TV.

Don't have enough space on my desk to connect the console to my PC monitor, and I would definitely prefer to game on a couch instead.

Probably not, paying 400 (+ tax)€ for Bloodborne seems a bit too much.

You should offload your PS4 before the Pro hits honestly.

>2016
>Buying a console

when will you fags ever learn? The last two console generations have been dogshit, and instead of doing something about it they've doubled down with the bloated operating systems, Facebook integration, DLC, 30FPS and now the fucking 4k meme, while killing local multiplayer.

WHY?

>PlayStation 4 Pro
>It is designed primarily to enable selected games to be playable at 4K resolution, and improved quality for PlayStation VR

selected....

> Although capable of streaming 4K video from online sources, PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-ray Disc

What is the fucking POINT?

It's an expensive admittence that the PS4 could never, and still can't, do the things it promised.

Still, a fool and his money....

>PS4 Pro can still improve your gaming experience.
how exactly? with not as many(but still endless amounts of) framedrops as before??

I strongly think that becoming ever more 'PC" like is a huge mistake. Being a media center is not the same as becoming a PC.

Nah senpai, I'm not much of a graphics whore for one and it honestly doesn't look like the ps4k makes that many improvements

Also I'm a little disappointed I shelled out 400 shekels for a pretty console in a pretty lackluster generation. Bloodborne was great and I'm glad I got to play it and I had fun with a few other multiplats but overall I can't think of any releases I'm really excited for

I don't have a 4k TV.

But I'll eventually get a ps4 pro anyway and then send my vanilla ps4 to my parent's house.

>send my vanilla ps4 to my parent's house
what's the point if there's no game for them to play?

Out of interest, what made you enjoy Bloodborne?

I bought it, played half an hour and just couldn't get into it, haven't touched it in months. I played hundreds of hours of Demons' Souls, completed Dark Souls and skipped DS2 and DS3. Heard Bloodborne was great but I'm just not feeling it. The janky framerate in particular is torture especially since I got my 144Hz monitor for my PC.

I thought about it, but my third world country will try to sell it to three or four times the price, and not reduce the price of the regular/slim PS4, so there will be a market for it regardless.

So I can shitpost from my parent's couch during summer vacation and family gatherings.

>$400
>4k Gaming
>HDR
>1080P/60FPS
>DS4 2.0
>8GB GDDR5
>1TB HARD DRIVE
>8 CORE CPU

Where you when PC cucks were put on suicide watch. Doesnt matter if its not "TRUE" 4k gaming. console gamers dont care about that shit. if it looks and runs great awesome. we play games for fun not to watch them at 60fps ooooh look at those numbers so much fun. NOT.

>Global Rule 2
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

3/10 see me after class.

Nah, I already have ordinary PS4 so why bother if I use PC for multiplatforms.
I still need to buy 4k monitor tho, any suggestions?

>would happily get a Slim
>but the chance that other games adopt the 1080p performance mode like Tomb Raider is something I can't pass up

FUCK

Awww did I rustle your jimmies user. You know its true. all pc gamers care about are numbers. pc gamers are a myth. they dont exist.

>8 core AMD APU that is worse than core i3
>1TB hard drive, not even 7200rpm version
>8GB GDDR5 shared, not discreet
>DS4 against Elite controller
>1080P/60FPS taken for granted since 2011
>HDR pioneered on PC
>4k gaming not in the true sense (upscaled)
>$400 in obsolete AMD APU and a seriously downclocked APU Polaris

I got a pc, why would I need a dumbed down version of something I already own??

yep, pre-ordered

I liked the atmosphere and I honestly like how the weapons work. It's not like Dark Souls where there's 10 longswords with similar movesets but rather each weapon has a unique style.

Rebuilds were a mistake
First two were good tho

i sold my ps4 for $270 so yes. though probably wont buy one till early next year. going to buy a 1440p/144hz monitor on blackfriday and MAYBE, big maybe, a 4k 40' HDR TV.
current IPS 4k monitor prices are just fucked. you either have to settle for a 27 inch screen or TN panels if you want to pay less than $500.

Currently there's none that really has HDR by the definition of color space. If you absolutely must get a 4k monitor, Eizo ColorEdge CG318-4K cause that's a pro-grade display (you may not like it cause it's not gaymin') or Philips BDM4065UC or Acer XB280HK, Samsung U32E850R.

>Still pushing this meme when Xbone S did only 270k in August

top kek

This, just like I did with the PS3.

It feels pretty good getting these consoles for 100 dollars when they finally have games to play on them from stupid cucks that wasted way too much money on a small plastic toy.

>4k gaming
4k gaming is a meme, the technology isn't there yet. The best the PS4k can do is some shitty upscaled version of 1080.

>HDR
HDR has been a mainstream thing since Half-Life 2: Lost Coast in 2004. Are you seriously using this as a reason to buy in 2016?

>1080P/60FPS
Nope. Games are still going to be made to work on the PS4, which means either 1080p or 60FPS, not both. Console games start doing funny things when you change their framerates. Instead of targeting 1080p/60FPS, they're going for 30FPS at their bastardised version of 4k instead.

>DS4 2.0
The worst current gen controller.

>8GB
The PS4's OS reserves 3GB straight off the bat, the rest is shared with the GPU. Gotta make sure the Share button has plenty of reserved memory!

>1TB hard drive
Not even 7200RPM. Frankly pathetic by today's standards.

>8 core CPU
>more corez means it's better r-right?

I am sitting over this thread with my meme 21:9 monitor, wondering if it's better to wait for AMD's Zen instead of buying anything based on Jaguar.
I am looking over the specs with a DS4 beside me and wondering if I should just wait Sony to put Vega into the PS4 instead of using the Polaris that couldn't win against Nvidia Pascal.

I sound like what you really despise right? I really care about the specs because I am used to the days when PS2 and PS3 were undisputed leader in graphics, bar none.

My favourite Souls game. Easilly.

Thanks

This is a shop, right?

Depends if it affects Final Fantasy XV in any way.

how pro can you go

Again we dont care about the fine details as long as it works. so what if its not as good as in i3? I dont care. I still get the better games. you pc gamers keep crying and begging cause you want the next halo. gears of war or bloodborne etc. consoles have their exclusives and pc has theirs thats the way its been and always will. You care about numbers and running games on ultra play on your PC I dont give a fuck. I just know that i get more enjoyment on a console because I dont have to fuck around with graphics settings and upgrading my ram every so often.

I don't have any consoles, PC only, so yeah, I'm gonna get one, and pick up all the PS4 games I missed.

>Just bought twin 1080s
>triple 4k Monitors
Why not. something to play on my left screen.

I think I won't, maybe I'll buy Scorpio in the end of next year, always wanted to play Halo and Rare Games.
Also my collection cyka blyat

I was planning to buy a new ps4 anyway, so I had one in my bedroom and one in the lounge, might as well get a pro.

I can't wait for the next generation when we'll get to choose between the PS5, PS5s, PS5 PLUS, and PS5s PLUS

You know whats cool, 4k blurays come with digital versions of their movies.

Have your cake and eat it to.

Kind reminder that this is Sony's 32X, and they will release a real next gen new system in 2 years top.

PS4 Pro Pro or PS4 Pro+?

It doesn't seem to be of any benefit to me. I don't have a 4k TV and i'm extremely skeptical about the claims that they'll properly support 1080p TVs, given that in every media release they've said "it's up to the devs". Devs are either gonna stop properly supporting the original system, or not support the pro, and given there's 40m of the original system, why the fuck bother?

I am I am sick and tired of console players saying that "I don't give a fuck" argument. That kind of talk enabled Nintendo to make the Wii, and Iwata gambled Nintendo away to pander to the casuals, and look at where they are today.

It's a mistake to say that "don't care about the numbers and the graphics" and settle with "as long as it works." Nintendo was at the top of their game in SNES era, and they didn't let up in N64 and even in GC, and it doesn't mean that those games aren't fun. Sony came packing with PSX, PS2 and PS3. There was nothing that equaled PS2 and PS3 in raw graphic prowess, and great games were made. Sega's dreamcast was revolutionary in having a modem, and those short years of its lives saw some of the best sega games made.

So you fuck off with that attitude and take it out to the trash right now. Consoles should strive for cutting edge graphics and not settle for 'just being fun'. That whole 'just works' doesn't mean you should settle for sub-par performance.

Little shitheads that don't care about the fine details can't pressure and hold Andrew House accountable and just letting shit slide, as "it's fine and all so long as it's convenient" means that you will gladly hand your money hand over fist without making rightful demands of the studio and the ecosystem that you are buying into. Consoles have their exclusives, but guess what? That's now being ever so eroded on a day to day basis. It's to the point that even Japanese domestic firms are turning to Steam and taking their titles cross-platform.

It's pathetic that we are now at a point where someone can be self-depreciating and calling ps4 a mere bloodborne and uncharted 4 machine.

Really enjoying seeing your bitch tears, Sonygger.

If they actually wanted to compete with PC, why not make the PS4 Pro ACTUALLY GOOD?

You have the entry level PS4 for $300, the Slim which is an update of the standard model, and then why not put good hardware in the Pro then charge like $700 for it?
It's the "Pro", people would pay a premium, frankly these retards will buy whatever they shit out no matter how bad it is.
Give it an FX 8320 and some 480/1060 variant, an SSHD, and there you have it, it's all you need to do. They're already using AMD hardware so why not use GOOD hardware?

Then you can actually do 1080/60 and 4K/30 without compromises, you can do VR without giving people migraines and motion sickness, you can ACTUALLY provide a comparable experience to a PC, rather than just claiming to do so while being unable to reach modern standards.

Yeah, I think I will.

Because they don't want PS4 Pro to be too expensive

Apparently their market research somehow found that there was an untapped market of people who are enthusiastic enough to care about stuff like 4K and HDR but not so much that they're actually willing to pay a premium for it.

You should. Sony will make this kind of a forced transition eventually

I don't know why Sony decides to jump the gun. They have PSVR which seriously needs more horsepower than what's available with the usual PS4. Taking a Polaris and boosting the clock on the aging Jaguar is a good stopgap measure, although I find that to be way less responsible than Microsoft, who's genuinely planning on something that's much better with Scorpio (Zen APU and Vega GPU)

Because if they separate the userbase, they're jumpstarting gen 9 and nobody is ready for that. The NX is probably just going to barely scrape up to gen 8 standards in tech, and the scorpio, despite what we've heard and seen "leaked" has no definitive, hard answers out yet for just how much power it has,

this "refresh" as they like to call it is just an excuse for sony and ms to keep this gen running al ittle longer, and for ms to attempt to take the reigns from sony to push into gen 9.

Sony could havej umpstarted gen 9 right now but the risk of having people bitch that this gen lasted a normal amount of time instead of fucking 8 years was too much, so this refresh gives a little bit more in the way of options for new people, squeezes out the last few million buyers, and then the benefit of having all this 4k shill shit is that it gets people buying those so they can push the ps5 as the "4k machine" or whatever it's gonna be.

The VR thing seems insane to me.
VR is completely dependent on a stable, high framerate. You NEED 90fps without a single fucking dip, and that's the minimum, otherwise the experience is ruined.
And I don't mean "the game stutters for a second" I mean "you pull of the headset and vomit all over your coffee table".
The PS4 can't even reach standards that were set ten years ago, all of its "60fps 1080p games" are horrible 900p interlaced upscaled variable resolution 48fps messes.
You can't run VR like you run PS4 games, you will literally make your customers sick.

I seriously hoped that the 4k machine with Pascal Titan performance would've come out by Sony at the price point of $800 or something like that. The market has seen smartphones and people were willing to accept the cost of 360/PS3 when new.

I tried VR on a HTC Vive on my old HD 7970, and it's a quick trip to eye rape and throw up town. I had to switch up to a GTX 980Ti because it was just so godawful.
You are completely right. You must have constant 90fps per display in order to make VR a decent experience. I can't picture PSVR to be able to perform to even a minimum when the console's so anemic.

People were extremely pissed and the price was literally the reason the PS3 failed so hard out of the gate. The whole shit about the cell being hard to develop for wasn't even remotely relevant until years later.

People buy smartphones because they use them for fucking everything. It's the same way people bought macs back in the day, and they bought a new windows variation every few years, usually with a whole new desktop. People still see video games as a luxury item. They don't see that they're basically replacing proper TV with the ability to display netflix and hulu and amazon prime and hbo go and all that dumb shit. Not that there aren't other alternatives (like smart tvs) but more people have a game console than a smart tv I bet.

Having played the PSVR a few week ago in seattle, I can say that it ran at at least 90FPS. The games aren't really that good looking, they look about 2010-2011 era.

People buy phones because they're status symbols. Or rather, since they've become so commonplace, it's like an...anti-status symbol if you don't have the latest or at least second-latest model iPhone or Galaxy whatever. Nobody is ever going to brag about their games console. That's actually part of why the PS3 failed; Sony thought they could pass it off as this sophisticated entertainment center(which it kind of was, but they couldn't sway public dogma) and it failed.

I think that's the kicker, people are expecting AAA experiences from the PSVR, but honestly those haven't even manifested on PC yet, the games that will run well on PS4 hardware will be these untextured blocky "I made this in Blender over the weekend" indie games that we've been seeing on Steam.

Pic related, this will be 90% of the PSVR library, I guarantee it, and it's not like I'm saying PC is any better for VR, I got this screenshot from Steam.

No UHD player no buy.

Why the fuck wouldn't they include a 4k blu ray player after they're trying to push 4k playback onto everyone?

>here, have this 4k machine, capable of outputting a 4k image whether it be a game or a streamed video
>but we won't give you the most BASIC feature (UHD player) because we don't think you need it

These are the same people who included a dvd player in the ps2 and a blu ray player in the ps3. Sony have lost their way and they won't get another cent off me till cerny and all those British faggots are gone.

>Why the fuck wouldn't they include a 4k blu ray player after they're trying to push 4k playback onto everyone?
Because physical media for movies is dead. There are about a dozen UHD movies available.

>PS4 Pro
>Suddenly everyone buys 4k UHD movies

is this one of those perspective pictures where the ass looks big but when she stands normally there is no ass.

90% of people download 1.4Gbs HDRips from torrents
9% of people download 10GB BDRips from torrents
1% is gay

source: my ass

I don't have a ps4 yet, so yes. Might as well get the best option.

Of course not, I'm not a cuck. When companies start to make you pay for multiple consoles per same generation it's time to stop buying consoles.

The UHD format is relatively new. I've only seen UHD players on the market for a few months now. It was the same story when the ps3 came out with blu ray. Over time a UHD will become useful just like my ps3 is useful today as a blu ray player. It's these small things which has always given sony the edge and made their products that much more futureproof.

it genuinely looks so fucking ugly, such a step down aesthetically from the normal ps4.

I'll only get one if I get a good trade-in offer where I can trade in the normal PS4 and buy the Pro for £150. Otherwise fuck that.

Who the hell buys normal physical blu-ray anyways?

Yup. Im moving out in November and I was going to leave my launch ps4 for my little brother. I'll pick up a Pro for myself

This.

I would switch over to PC gaming in a heartbeat but unfortunately I can't because keyboard gaming (WASD) gives my left wrist RSI. I can't go back to it :(

No after the bullshit they have pulled the last few months, fuck sony. I'm keeping my ps4 for the one or two more exclusives they will get this console generation, but I'm getting an xb1 s or scorpio and buying all multiplats on that from now on. Final straw was them no allowing mods on FO4/Skyrim RM. That is a terrible precedent for any future titles from others companies that might want to add mods to console. And if anyone tries to says "but they allow them on FARM SIMULATOR" then fuck you, you are a retard.

>I'm not a cuck
> make you
Buzzword of the year, nobody's obligated to buy shit. Just like a new gpu, a better monitor, a small incremental upgrade IF you want it.

How is life on MS payroll Pajeet

>consolefag giving a shit about mods when PC exists

You're not fooling anyone.

You realize any game that you can play on a PS4 or Xbox One will have controller support on PC right?

The Steam Controller is a fucking meme though, it didn't take off, don't let people tell you that's a solution.

4K displays are still incredibly niche, let alone 4K Blu-Rays. Then neither will matter when 8K comes out.

I don't wanna go to PC gaming if I can only use a normal controller on it. KBM is one of the biggest advantages (and classic FPS is my favourite genre) and I'd feel shitty having a beastly rig while only being able to use a normal controller on it.

This, to this day, I'm only kinda interested in Bloodborne, the others games don't appeal to me. At this point, I can wait 3 more years, until Sony make a PS4 Dildo Pro, or a PS5.

This 2bh. Got my ps4 from shopto with fallout 4 and I was actually looking forward to some wacky mods because I'm kinda bored of the game now. Sony being jews as usual. I'm going to be getting an xbox one s as a media hub so I'll probably get skyrim for that too just for the mods.

Also whilst I'm at it, what are some good xbox games? I know halo mcc and 5 are top class from personal experience but I don't even know of any other games. Forza 6 maybe? Gears of war?

Horizon Zero Dawn is 1440P on Pro. Tomb Raider and Deus Ex use custom resolutions between 1200P and 1600P. Watch Dogs 2 and For Honor came in at 1440P each. Mass Effect Andromeda had a count of around 1200P but that was very early code.

1800P is a stretch and incredibly unlikely for the majority of games. 1600P is best case scenario. Also very likely some heavy performance games like Battlefield 1 will just go for 1080P at PC medium settings

The only games that will run native 4K are remasters, indies and mobile ports.

Get a PC. All the Xbone games at over 900p and unlimited mods. Are you fucking retarded to get an Xbone for mods?

Maybe down the line. It's price tag isn't a big deal. Don't really understand all the cartying on over $400. I do want to see how things pan out for the Pro for a bit. Bu then it'll probably be a little cheaper regardless.

How about Horizon Zero Dawn graphics compared to PC version?

This is what I did with the PS3. I'm not a big "gamer" anyway.

I only really play competitive shooters with a mouse, 90% of the PC games I play, I use an Xbox 360 controller with custom sticks.
Even some of the more casual FPS games I prefer to play with a controller simply because I can swap to my lounge chair.
I never really understood the M&KB fetish, it's not good for racing games, it's not good for fighting games, not good for ARPGs, not good for pretty much any genre besides RTS and FPS.

I can use both so it's not like I have to pick a side, I just find it strange that some people seem completely committed to arguing that M&KB is superior when it really isn't.

Your image seems to be from a speculative "Neo-like" PC build. As for the numbers on those games you listed, you're gonna have to provide a source.

>Will you be getting one?
if i had the money yeah

Why do you even mention horizon. It's so shit it shouldn't even be mentioned. It's literally another kill zone but with bow and arrows, ie no gameplay and an interactive movie. Out of all the PS fans I know only the really hardcore shills say they're getting it. Everyone else is not interested.

Learn to read before you post.

I would buy the ps4 if it wasn't for the "have to pay to access online features"

That was Digital Foundry's "Best Case Scenario" Build with an i7. They estimated Tomb Raider at 1800P but it's below 1600P.

Also Beyond 3D Pixel Counted the games. That's where the numbers came from. No native 4K anywhere. Horizon also has the same textures as the PS4 original version and the same texture filtering issues. So it's looking a poor upgrade.

>1080p 30fps
>30fps

I don't have a ps4 and was planning to grab one this fall/early 2017.
Can't say i'm not tempted - i'm not going for 4k anytime soon but that extra power for better fps and graphic enhancements is only 100$ more over the slim.
I'll probablly wait a bit to see how things pans out.

>30fps with games
or
>60fps with indie shit and early access scam

hm

So will this thing actually have a setting for nicer grafix/framerates at 1080p? All they're talking about is the """""4K""""" stuff that no one in their right mind gives a fuck about.

Yeah I'm gonna get one

I have a nice PC but I want to play Bloodborne, Nioh, Persona 5, and The Last Guardian really bad.

I wanna play the new Zelda game too but I can just emulate that in a few years.

All I got from it is you being a fucking retard.

>xbots being retarded
What a surprise. Do they really need HD horse vaginas that badly?

ur bad at baitposting

might i suggest brushing up on your skills over at neogaf

Get a fucking PC. Xbone is literally useless when PC exists.

>counted
What? Again, you're going to have to provide an actual link. Regardless of what upscaling method they used it should be nearly impossible to tell for sure what resolution it was upscaled from.

forum.beyond3d.com/forums/console-technology.28/

You can count checkerboard rendering you dense nigger and Horizon was confirmed by the developers to be 1440P anyway.

I don't have a PS4 but games for it that interest me are slowly trickeling out over the years, so yeah when I do eventually get a console to play them on, obviously I will go with the one that's slightly more future proof rather than buy one that won't be able to play possibly decent future releases.

Since it runs games at 30fps and I don't have a 4k TV there's no point whatsoever for me to get one, and everyone I know who also has a PS4 thinks the same.

If they used the extra processing power to push up to 1080p 60fps then I'd pick one up as soon as I could afford it, but nope.

Some games use it for 60 fps öike Tomb Raider.

I already have a PS4, the only reason why I would get this one is if it was backwards compatible with ps3 games, my old one finally got the YLOD

Of course.
This is the power of the ps4 pro...woah

a must buy

Both are just buzzwords, even Sony admits it
youtube.com/watch?v=dfqOWxwDXdQ

this meme wasn't true a year ago and still you pcucks keep going at it. go play League of Legends, WoW and Undertale on your 1000$ PC and leave the 107 exclusives and 677 multiplats aka "no games" for us, sonyggers

Probably because anyone knows that Cod and Fifa on PC sucks ass because the developers don't give a fuck

Yeah I heard it the wait game has pretty good graphics. It will surely run in 4k with 60 fps.

This provided it gets worthwhile exclusives other than bloodborne.

there is literally nothing weird about owning a console, it connects you with your friends without hassles and most people don't feel like tampering with software no matter how cheaper it is, convenience always wins when marketing a product and the only thing more convenient than a console is a fucking phone but thank god those don't play good games and only f2p trash

with that said it's pretty comfy to play granblue fantasy when doing night shifts

I'll get it because I'm a fucking autist who wants the highest end of a thing whenever possible.

I know it's not a big improvement, but I'm a mark.

>t. Pain

ps3 version will be localized desu

jesus christ that imput lag

I kind of hope that it ends up going the way of the 360/xbone and ps3/ps4 multiplat releases. Where there is a huge intentional drop in quality on the less powerful system.

I want this so people will realize how terrible this kind of thing is for consoles.

NO

It still has only 2 games that I'm interested in which aren't on vita

Unless there's a trade deal for my current PS4 where I only have to pay $100, then no.

Not right away. It will drop $100 in less than a year and probably another $50 by year 2. In that time I'll just use my normal ps4 which is doing just fine.

I mean who really has a 4k TV right now anyway.

My PS4 is still in good condition, I have all the accessories and the original box. Will I get a decent price for it? Pretty sure I'd get a better deal selling it for a PRO instead of a trade-in.

I'll be 100% completely honest.

The setting is GREAT, art direction is pretty much the highest in the souls series except for Anor Londo which is the eternal GOAT especially in dark souls 3 with the snow and shit.
The combat is GOOD but it suffers from lots of repetition, there isn't really many ways to tackle opponents beyond attacking continuously since there's too many drawbacks from playing defensively, also guns are pretty much long range parrying only unless you use specific builds or a god damn cannon.
The graphics are MEH, everything looks like cobblestone and that piece of shit chromatic aberration filter gets on my nerves constantly because it's at the very edge of the screen blurrying everything for no fucking reason.
The atmosphere is FUCKING AMAZING, at times it's almost a horror game especially in Yar har'gul.
Story is really cool but once you know the truth it kind of loses the mistique of it all, lots of things aren't fleshed out due to "le form your own theory ecksdee" hackazaki policy.
There is not much exploration since most key items are handed to you and you get showered in weapon choices only halfway through the game.
Gems are FUCKING BULLSHIT and whoever came up with the chalice dungeons should be fucking hanged, blatant content recycling from scrapped ideas, copy pasted on to dark souls 3 for an additional area, fucking shameful.
Replayability is next to nonexistent, NG+ only ups enemy stats and there's nothing new, PVP sucks dick like every souls game but here it's especially bad due to healspam and memebuilds everywhere, plus you need to pay ps+, fuck that shit.

The xb1 and ps4 both have 8gb of unified ram. sony is just incompetent in software and it shows by all the lack of features that are present.

>it's another consoles once again in their own pisscontest about le power episode

sigh

I'll just wait for Scorpio

.3 times more powerful ps4

bullshit

it has a GPU that is 2 times as powerful, yes, but the very same piece of shit mobile jaguar unity with 2.0ghz instead of 1.6, that's a massive bottleneck even for a Pascal

I'm going to try and get a ps4 slim next week. I think we have to admit sony is trying to get a good amount of games in 2017.

>8 CORE CPU
oh you poor fools still thinking the number of cores equals more power, a fucking Phenom 2 X4 obliterates the jaguar

I hope not.

>upscaling
enjoy the blur from the false resolutions, console peasants.

wow

whoa

>There was nothing that equaled PS2 and PS3 in raw graphic prowess

Sony's losses during those years thanks to production costs.

The ps2 was one of the biggest nightmares to develop for, the ps3 "Cell" meme processor made Valve puke and seriously made them consider telling sony to scrap everything and begin again, 600 fucking dollars at launch for a blu ray drive and 60gbs of hardrive, everything sold at a massive loss of 200 dollars, fucking crazy fucks.

Phones got ridiculous, it got to the point where buying one is simply fucking useless and you must instead sign a contract with a phone company to have infinite replacements every 6 months for the newest model while paying a subscription, why bother buying a phone when it will be outdated in half a year?

mouse and keyboard is superior everywhere you must have pin point perfect camera control without having to let go of buttons, yes even action games, being able to see everywhere around you in a split second compared to a slow piece of shit turn with deadzone is not comparable at all, I can play dark souls 3 without ever using lock on and absolutely destroy lock on faggots by being able to manually aim all my hits and dead angling with a fucking straight sword.

Games I'd actually play:
Atelier Sophie
Death Stranding
Fate/EXTELLA
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Project Diva X

None of them on PC, 4 are unreleased. Why is the PS4's exclusive library so poor?

for sure getting two pros, plugging them both into my tv will get me 8K while you silly poorfags will be left with 4k or 1080p HAHAHAA

I would, if anyone is willing to buy my old PS4 for $200 or if it suddenly gets backwards compatibility.

I really appreciate this post, thanks user

but the protagonist's tummy is lewd

I'm going to get the pro anyways because my brother wants my ps4 so he can play uncharted and God of war and other stuff with his friends on they're. He has an XBO but I'm also thinking about an XBO S due to forza and FORZA ONLY. But it goes like this for me right now, either I get an PS4 pro or an XBO S when I get rid of my ps4 to my brother. I got a $500 buget so... Still not sure.

>think current graphics are good enough
>absolutely not getting a $2000 TV
>rebuying a console to play games I can already play

lmao absolutely not

>encouraging sony to turn consoles in bi generational re-releases every 3 years
fuck no i own a ps3 and loved it to death and no fucking way ill ever get a ps4

no problem famalam, it's a good game but not 400$ good

Why the fuck didnt they wait until there was actually powerful enough hardware to support 4k properly?

Its not like everyones dying to get a hdr meme 4k tv just after they brough out 4k and 1080p '3d' memes barely 2 years ago

1440p is a huge boost and easily checkerboards to 4k, which while not true 4k is only a small step below. Checkerboarded 4k and Native 4k has less of a visual quality difference than 900p vs 1080p.

Most Pro games run at 1440p Checkerboarded to 4k at around 45fps. This gives them about 15fps to "spend" on other visual upgrades, such as improved lighting, shadows, textures, particle effects, draw distance and LOD. In fact, if devs are willing to keep console level shadows, they can turn up practically every other setting to very high, if not max it out.

The bottlenecks will be as follows:

>Advanced and complicated physics, including but not limited to environmental destruction.

>Shadows

>Huge numbers of NPCs or "AI" controlled characters on screen at once. Somewhere between 50 and 100 NPCs will start taxing the system and hit this bottleneck.

If devs avoid trying to pump up these settings, then the Pro should be able to deliver higher settings than console standard, while also pumping up resolution to 1440p and checkerboarding that to 4k.

Oh, and HDR too, which is pretty free and costs devs almost no resources to implement.

Look, someone on Cred Forums knowledgeable about bottlenecks and actually isn't retarded enough to believe CPU bottlenecks the fucking resolution.

>HAHAH STUPID PCKEKS HAVE TO UPGRADE THEIR SYSTEM EVERY 3 YEARS LOL THANK GOD IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO MY SONYGOYM CONSOLE
heh :^)

Fuck no. Xbone or bust.

there really aren't any good MP games though, so you really around missing out on much if you don't get PS+

Well of course. I am an Idort and a buyfag. I have a solid income and build PCs and buy all the consoles that come out just because I enjoy doing it. I like to keep up to date on the latest technologies.

PS4 Pro is no PC killer, thats stupid, because with PC you can just throw more and more money at it until its better than anything.

What PS4 Pro IS though, is a cost effective way to game with high quality images (albeit at limited frame rate, I expect most games to still be 30fps) that makes use of the features in 4k HDR TVs that currently do not have a lot of content that takes advantage of their features.

It should still be a pretty significant upgrade, especially if you have a good enough TV to take advantage of it.

Also, I really hope Persona 5 gets native 4k (it runs 1080 on a ps3!!) and HDR support. The colors and style of that game would really pop on a Pro upgrade of that game, and its one of those games that is pretty much confirmed to be NEVER EVER PC, so it would also be fun to watch the shitposting about it as well.

>The ps2 was one of the biggest nightmares to develop for
That's why it had the biggest third party library of its respective gen, right?

Stop spreading lies.

>underrated post

There's probably several PS4Pros in this rig.

>1080 on a ps3
I dont believe this

As a Nintendrone, I'll for sure be buying it, I just don't know when. I'll be waiting for the games ofc, but we all know they will come.

Also the Wii U was the best console this gen and you're a cuck if you think the ps4 or bone were anywhere near as good as the Wii U.

as PS4 owner. No.

I'll get a used standard PS4 once people start to sell theirs off for cheap because they're switching to a Pro.

I haven't played P5 yet, but if it's anything like the rest of the series this is easily possible. Keep in mind the game has a very stylised look and isn't something that would push the system to its limits.

>will be getting

It's either
Are you getting one?

or

Will you get one?

Nigger

>Most Pro games run at 1440p
The sad part is that sonyggers will actually believe this

It's confirmed 720p. I believe it's 60 fps 1080p on PS4.

>Most Pro games run at 1440p Checkerboarded to 4k at around 45fps. This gives them about 15fps to "spend" on other visual upgrades

This is assuming that only the GPU is improved. The CPU is 30% faster so you can actually expect more than just 15 fps advantage once you've doubled the resolution.

It is completely plausible given the fact that Pro is 2,3 times better than PS4 and PS4 runs most games 1080p natively and 1440p is double the resolution of 1080p.

Don't spout memes, underaged fuck.

>given the fact that Pro is 2,3 times better than PS4
>PS4 runs most games 1080p natively
>underaged fuck
kek
Sure, it will run 1440p at 15fps

My ps4 is just there until DQ builder tbqh

>60 fps 1080p on PS4
where are you getting this information?

Nice greentext and retardation. Don't bother to respond. I already know the reply.

Yes.

No need. I already have a PC.

I was merely making fun of the things you're trying to pass as facts.
The PS4Pro is not twice as fast and the PS4 doesn't run most graphic intensive games at 1080p, the few it does run at sub 30fps
I hope you're at least making money to shill this bullshit here

Maybe in like five years, once it's cheap and has games.

It had the biggest library because it was popular, you dumb retard, it's not a fucking secret it was a piece of shit to develop for since it used bloody binary code, there's billions of interviews about it, use google you filthy sonygger cum guzzler.

>"PS2: You are handed a 10-inch thick stack of manuals written by Japanese hardware engineers. The first time you read the stack, nothing makes any sense at all. The second time your read the stack, the 3rd book makes a bit more sense because of what you learned in the 8th book. The machine has 10 different processors (IOP, SPU1&2, MDEC, R5900, VU0&1, GIF, VIF, GS) and 6 different memory spaces (IOP, SPU, CPU, GS, VU0&1) that all work in completely different ways. There are so many amazing things you can do, but everything requires backflips through invisible blades of segfault. Getting the first triangle to appear on the screen took some teams over a month because it involved routing commands through R5900->VIF->VU1->GIF->GS oddities with no feedback about what your were doing wrong until you got every step along the way to be correct. If you were willing to do twist your game to fit the machine, you could get awesome results. There was a debugger for the main CPU (R5900). It worked pretty OK. For the rest of the processors, you just had to write code without bugs."

>games

Nah, already got my PC.

Might get one used in a couple of years if some of the games aren't ported. I'm mainly interested in Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF15.

>The PS4Pro is not twice as fast
>4.3 TF GPU vs 1,8 TF GPU
>not more than twice as fast
Don't bother replying, MS monkey.

Maybe if they make a FFXV themed bundle, like the PS4 Slim

Is it worth anything if PT is installed?

No, since only the account that downloaded it can play it

Not right away, I will need to see real life results first, If the improvement is significant then yes

Since I already have good TV, don't game on PC and don't have PS4, yes.

i3 3220 + GTX 650 1 gb. Shitty PC, that runs most games in HD at 30 fps. But it is good enough for everything that is not gaming related.

Good for you, play anything you want and don't be a cunt to people who don't share your gaming taste. Since I am more mainstream player, PS4 and its games resonates with me more than PC games that pander to PC.

Nah, no games I'd like, Either weeb shit or sjw shit. Gonna have to stick with pc till the game dev scene starts to change. Might be years before that happens.

most of Cred Forums are poorfag eurocucks who pirate everything on PC like cancerous plebs

im buying ps4 pro so i can play ps4 exclusives at 60 fps, simple as that, dark souls 3, blood born , everything, 60 fps.
gonna be great with a menu system not lagging to fuck and back too

Its always either bloodborn or dark souls for ps4 fans, hella predictable.

Where in the fuck did armored core and ace combat go????

I miss when Playstation mattered.

Back in the ps1 days everyone was happy. PC had the serious games, the consoles had the less serious but fun platformers.

Now it's just tryhardsouls.

PS2 and PS3 were the glory days without any doubt. PS3's launch was shaky and iffy, but the games came 2 years in.

>Where in the fuck did armored core and ace combat go????
Those games are coming aswell. Holy shit try to keep up atleast.

What an ignorant fuck. Soulsborne is a fraction of the total games sold on PS4. And far from the worst you can play.

>mid gen console updates
>ever a good idea
it amazes how this industry continues to follow every stupid idea that led to death of sega consoles
Both the Pro and Scorpio will only get a handfull of games and nothing more since most people will stick to the Ps4 and bone until an actual new gen gets anounced and most devs wont bother optimising for both

If you like heavy animation and art shit there is a lot of that. I refuse to call them movie games...I'd like to see a lot less of those. I think the system itself is pretty cool, Just needs something a bit more substantial and non cash grabish.

Rumors, announcments no solid content to display, release dates. Nah dude...

You got an AC7 trailer and Miyazaki personally confirmed Ace Combat. What the fuck more does it take? Do you expect every gen to just continue on last gen's IPs with nothing new in between?

I want to, but I also desperately need to upgrade my GPU instead.

>Ace Combat
*Armored Core
FUCK

> /thread 11 hours ago

I think it is better to do a whole new console. I consider Scorpio and PS4 Pro to be the equivalent of Sega Neptune, being a console form of the 32X. There's no immediate console launch such as the Saturn or PSX to kill those two midlife upgrades this time around though.

Whole new console at this early point would kill consumer trust. And rightly so.

But delay a new console three more years and these consoles become painfully outdated compared to PCs and even some tablets.

Therefore the solution is to introduce a mid-gen upgrade for those that care about performance and graphics while still keeping it an optional purchase as to not anger the majority owners.

I think it's a decent compromise. These consoles are pretty easy to scale anyways since it's just PC parts being replaced mostly.

It already is like that. The Jaguar apu is weaker against core i3 chips and it could not equal to 2012 i5 desktop CPU when it was out. Graphics wise the PS4 was not the best of GCN at launch day.