Can we all agree Souls lore isn't "deep, intricate, and esoteric" as much as it is poorly construed...

Can we all agree Souls lore isn't "deep, intricate, and esoteric" as much as it is poorly construed, almost entirely unimportant to whatever "story" the specific game posits and lacks any meaningful continuity between games, making it pointless?

no

no

It has a story for the shake of having one,
Soulsfags will defend this to the death so .. good luck discussing that here.

Imo the game could be called "Guy vs huge bosses" and nothing would change.

You realize that applies to any action game, right?

Nothing bad with that. Gameplay first, story second.

Its little breadcrumbs inside a vast mysterious environment. Its an exciting way to expand the story without realms of text or dialogue.

Sure i wont argue with that.
Though some people should hang themselves for shilling it as the best lore game ever.

shh no room for logic here, we need to shitpost and make people feel bad about the games they like

No.

Cred Forums in a nutshell

Stop being a Nintoddler, coming from a fellow Nintoddler.

>Can we all agree
No.

threadly reminder that souls lorefags live on autismbux and if we take the game from them they'll probably kill themselves

XD

It's the way you go about discovering the lore that's good, not the lore itself.

>Insert shallow, nonsensical hints toward a broader narrative here and there without going to the effort of giving something tangible
>faggots misconscue this laziness as '''deep intricate layered story'''

Goyim

It's not a deep and intricate story as much as a delivery method is interesting. Also keep in mind stories in video games are always garbage.

HA HA HA HAAAA
A son cleaning up his dads mess huh? Where have i heard that story before...

Are you retarded or just trying to bait people? It isn't the story that's particularly noteworthy even though it's very good high fantasy, it's the way the story is told using the environment and enemy encounters that really makes it impressive.

Id argue that using self found/self explored Lore for storytelling in a video games is much better. Metroid prime did that good, dark souls didnt.

You would never have made this thread had the series not gotten so popular. Have you ever stopped to think about that?

Explain

Well it's simple, a lot of people still discuss dark souls, few people discuss Metroid so I get to feel superior if I diss Dark Souls in 2016.

Don't be a douche I want to hear anons explanation

The lore isn't meant to be taken as seriously as either you or the hardcore fans take it. What lore there is is purely in service to the art design which comes first, it's pure style over substance and there's nothing at all wrong with that

No, we can't agree.

Good talk.

the story was never intended to be a major part of the games
it's just there to set the atmosphere
but Cred Forums is completely autistic and they pay someone thousands of dollars every month to make youtube videos about the "lore"

I am just going to say how it works in metroid prime and you tell me if it sounds familiar.
Very very short tl;dr. You have an objective the moment you land on talon 4, but you don't know anything about your environment or who/what used to live there. You can go through the whole game without scaning anything about the chozo (advanced civilization that went beyond a physical form at some point.) by doing so, almost every seemingly unimportant area, gets a story of its own. You wont look at that particual area the same way after reading the Lore and geting into it. What exactly happened. Also, the biggest difference the Lore does in metroid prime, is how you view the space pirates. If you do a no lore run, they are simply alien enemis with alien technology that are for some reason highly hostile towards samus and strangely strategic. If you read their entry logs on their "pc's", you actually understand their train of thought and how they see samus(you) and how they are actually scared shitless of you.
Again, this is a very short tl;dr. Basically if you dont read the lore when you play metroid prime, you just played a very very good first person action adventure. If you play it while reading it, you played a masterpiece.

Yes.

Every non-autist souls fan knows this.

>10 minute videos
>like a paragraph of content in them

I thought From basically admitted this when they made that challenge that they promised to turn the best headcanon from the community into the official story.

>understand their train of thought
"Hm, these metroid things can kill any living creature in mere seconds. LET'S TRY TO MAKE THEM PETS"
"Oh no, they got loose and killed their trainers in mere seconds. Woops"
Also, can't forget the vapor for brains

>You have an objective the moment you land on talon 4, but you don't know anything about your environment or who/what used to live there. You can go through the whole game without scaning anything
>almost every seemingly unimportant area, gets a story of its own. You wont look at that particual area the same way after reading the Lore and geting into it.

Dark Souls does the exact same shit. Just replace "scanning" with "reading item descriptions".