youtube.com/watch?v=1igmzkmTv6U
youtube.com/watch?v=YE6hKlicTR0
youtube.com/watch?v=pURFU3pL93o
youtube.com/shared?ci=EmIa1dd4shA
youtube.com/watch?v=NuCqIvmBwk8
youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ
pastebin.com/r8wpxDAK
youtu.be/mYrUPazLQDk
independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-say-turin-shroud-is-supernatural-6279512.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9958678/Turin-Shroud-is-not-a-medieval-forgery.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aTL0-RH2LfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Christ, what a fucking unfunny show.

>twin cousins
>their mom is super religious
>church 3 times a week
>they actually owned that nes bible game
>crack up whenever I see that simpsons with bart and the two neighbor boys playing because had that exact same situation with them while trying to clear the noah level
good times

>LOL RELIGION MAN IS SILLY RELIGION IS SILLY

Why are sitcoms so trash when it comes to faith? Outside of Seinfeld of course but that was Judaism

Let's start by posting some actual good Simpsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=IcORh0lJx4E

Because it's funny.
Flanders=A flanderization of a religious man

because religion is silly

>Go to church
>Come home
>Play Tekken

True story.

because the Establishment wants you to be atheist

Fucking liberal cucks ruining everything.

>Flanders is a flanderization

Um user...

My parents wouldn't let me play Pokemon because my grandma said it was evil
They also didn't let me watch cartoon Network

>writers of a show aren't religious or are religious but aren't strict about it
>they make an episode or segment about how strange those strict beliefs seem to them
>Cred Forums screams and cries about it because criticizing religious beliefs isn't a cool thing to do anymore
>makes youtube comment level conspiracy theories about it
I'll be sad when the pendulum swings the other way for this place because it's too funny the way it is now

Doesn't this usually lead to Sanic-only households?

UMMM...............

If you have to be a gigantic faggot you could atleasat spell "Uhm" right.

uhhhhhh.....

My dad bought me Warcraft 3 for my confirmation.

youtube.com/watch?v=1igmzkmTv6U

The behavior of Cred Forums anons over the last couple years makes a lot more sense when you see how many pro-religion fags there are. I assumed it was all irony, but alas and alack...

It's "ughm" actually

He steamed a good ham when nobody else would

>mom and dad are methodist
>methodists are chill as fuck
>dad is hardcore methodist christian, goes to church every weekend
>fast forward to when i was 8yo
>first three pc games i ever bought myself were daggerfall, doom and duke 3d
>parents saw shitloads of blood, violence, tits, and sex in the games
>didnt care
>got gta1 and half-life for christmas because they saw i liked action games
>fast forward to 2000, 10yo
>dad buys me a ps2
>next year
>get GTA3 for christmas

fuck i love being methodist

>only allowed to play vidya during weekends
>only games rated E, T when I turned 14
>parents finally buy my a ps3 and I figure they're finally easing up on me

>I go buy cod 4 and they fucking return it when they see it in my room and bring back little big planet

>tfw you want Trump to win just so that the pendulum swings back again

My family was alright, they let me play vidya such as Doom and Duke 3D during shit like my bar mitzvah

My parents were Presbyterians and were exactly the same.

Hell, my first game was Diablo II, given to me by my dad. I'm atheist now but I have a bunch of respect for that church.

My parents were too rich to care about religion, despite both their parents raising them as Christians. Never went to church unless it was a wedding or funeral.

I became friends with this one kid who had strict Christian parents, and he was too afraid to come into my room when he saw Harry Potter and Pokemon posters and figures. His mother started getting fussy and my mom, and we never spoke again.

>be Christian kid in Christian family
>we go to church on sundays
>every night family gets together to read chapter of the bible and pray
>family not well off so can't afford a lot of games
>parents still scrounge enough money to buy me snes with super mario world
>grow up with fond memories of iconic games
>grow up in loving environment with loving parents

Felt pretty good. It also makes me feel sorry for atheists since they're perpetually angry and "triggered" by everything because they didn't have a loving childhood.

the early episodes of the simpsons were super pro-christian, what happened?

The writing got worse.

Lisa also wasn't an insufferable SJW cunt in early episodes.

Not quite my family but
>3 years ago met a guy in college classes
>we were both big into League of Legends at the time
>we became alright friends, nothing lasting but it was someone to talk to, chill with and study with
>he invites me over to his house for dinner
>I decide why not
>his family is religious
>his younger brother, age 14 or so, also plays League of Legends
>because ANY mention of magic is forbidden in the household, he was only allowed to play characters who dealt exclusively physical damage i.e. Talon, Darius, Quinn, Vi
>he had this agreement mounted on the wall in his bedroom in writing with his signature on it
It was just kind of strange.

>atheists since they're perpetually angry and "triggered" by everything because they didn't have a loving childhood.
whoa there champ, you're projecting pretty hard there.

>I had literally the same thing without the church and religion
wow, it's like what's really important is a good family that loves you

My mom scratched out the Pikachu picture on that special edition Pokemon gameboy.

Who else is hyped for new Simpsons?

>pokemon = pocket demons in Japanese
>No user you can't play games where you can kill people
>Resident evil sounds demonic user.
I used to lan diablo,jam Duke nukem time to kill and postal 2 at friends houses. Eventually my mom eased up on everything, dad couldn't care less. She is still super religious she just doesn't shove it down my throat anymore.

>dad watches me play goldeneye 64
>sees a red splotch on an enemy when you shoot them
>takes it away until i'm 13
usually I was limited to one hour a day on weekends for games

my dad wasn't even that religious, he was just kind of a dick

Sonic is anything but Christian friendly. Especially not the 3D games like Sonic Adventure or Sonic Unleashed.

what am i missing?

you must be 18+ to use this site.

My parents never took me to church, and I never asked why either. I knew a girl who couldn't read Harry Potter because of magic or something though.

How do you figure?

So I guess he can't use recall or flash ether since they are magic.

I hope that I'm mis-reading this shit.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about what The Simpsons has become now, not what it used to be

The universe is only in a constant flux of course correction back to the middle. Too much black, and it swings white, too much white, it swings black, eventually it stays gray and the universe dies on every level.

>Christian parents
>actually followed esrb
>allow me to play m rated games at 15
>only asked me to be mindful of my younger sister
My folks were alright. Can at least give them credit for understanding the esrb.

the Simpsons used to be a show that cracked at both sides equally and was funny and had likeable characters

now it only cracks on one side and is basically just family guy

but how is it related to op's image

You give him too much credit.

Perhaps you should read more about it

>The stern rabbi, voiced by Jackie Mason, will return in a holiday episode airing this December, EW has learned. In the installment titled “The Nightmare After Krustmas,” Krusty converts to Christianity after an incident with his daugher (who will be voiced by… well, we’ll get to that in a minute). He is being baptized in the winter and winds up falling through some ice, prompting the reappearance of his father in his hallucinatory state.

>“Krusty is nearly going to die, so his mind flashes to the hackiest thing it can think of which is a Frozen parody, and then he sees his dad and his dad talks to him in this hallucination,” Simpsons executive producer Al Jean tells EW. “It’s the last thing Krusty sees before he’s about to die.”

>godless heathens
>loving family

for fuck's sake this.
The show is now total cringe, everytime lisa does or say something it's always a cringey sjw retarded thing. And I hate this since Lisa was one of my fav characters, she was the smart one who fixed some of homer's and bart's errors. Now she's the most stupid cunt in the family.

it's from the Simpsons?

Well, I guess that's a little better. The guest-star still feels like dumb shoe-horned shit, though.
Was early Simpsons guilty of that in that regard?

you'd have to be thoroughly brain washed or baiting. either way I'll give you a pity (you). go buy something nice

>mum was hyper-sensitive to any show or game that featured magic, spirits or psychics
>didn't even give a shit about pokemon featuring evolutions like all the other strict christian women, wouldn't let me touch it entirely on the grounds of psychic pokemon existing
My dad mostly didn't care despite being a pastor, but my mum sucked all the fun out when I was young. It was especially bad when it came to cartoons, as virtually everything on Cheez TV was banned (so no DBZ, Pokemon, Jackie Chan Adventures, Yugioh and anything else of note).

Back then the guest stars promoted the show, not the other way around.

you realize people with good, loving parents have all that without needing religion to tell them to do it, right? it's the best of both worlds

>be me
>be 12
>go to catholic church every Sunday
>pray every night
>try to be good when I can
>God loves me, I love him
>He answers my prayers
>I also play a lot of video games

Fast forward

>be me
>be 20
>worship God
>I also play video games

>be me
WHO ELSE WOULD YOU FUCKING BE

Don't lie user, we know you only worship cock.

Lucky prods

Though my family is Russian Orthodox and they didn't really give a shit what I played either.

Look at this dumb motherfucker getting baited like a stupid bitch, no wonder Cred Forums is the easiest board to troll.

Mostly it just went on for way way too long and the character of all the major reoccurring characters was just ruined by new/shitty writers who didn't quite get them or focused on only one aspect of their personality
>Homer went from being a simple minded clown to full fledged retard
>Lisa went from being intelligent, impossibly nice/caring voice of reason to SJW tier opinions
>Flanders went from the religious, almost perfect neighbour to religious nutjob
I would go on but considering I haven't watched the simpsons in something like 6+ years if I do I will probably be wrong about the characters if I did

____YOU____

>Be Buddhist
>Not always me

Why are atheists so easy to trigger?

Do you remember when Homer was a loving but clumsy father and Bart was a decent but flawed brother?

It seems like around '94 or '95 they turned Homer and Bart into the same walking retardation character.

Simpsons used to be so spot on which is why it was great. Now Ned and his family are just an excuse to mock fundies.

i think you quoted the wrong post there pal

>be me
why do autistic new fags ALWAYS start green text story's with this?
Is it a meme?

Well atheists are fucking retarded.

me and my brother were good Christian kids and thought that killing demons in Diablo 1 was fucking rad

mad atheist detected

>mom teach religion at school and also does sunday school.
>my dad organized the church chorale
>never give a shit about me playing violent games.

not every religuious family is a flandre clone, man.

True, we all know that. I mean just look at that one sack of shit getting baited.

Right now there's at least one atheist sitting in this thread having anxiety attacks because he's flagged the thread and it's still up.

Yes.

>religious as ever
>plays Bayonetta

Ironically, I love all the Christianity references they got in there.

Also my parents were cool who let me play Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil and Doom but didn't want me playing GTA at all

How does it feel to know you have no purpose or meaning in the universe and that your world is dominated by evil, heretics?

inb4 'how does it feel to be a worship a big fat PHONY

Every writer from the glory days is long-gone. There's a few bits of gold in Season 10 ("Mayored to the Mob" being the most obvious one), but pretty much everything after Season 9 isn't worth paying attention to.

>christfags ITT

It must suck being eternally brainwashed by a Jewish invention.

(you)

atheists really are fucking hypocrites though.

>REE HOW DARE YOU SHOVE RELIGIOUS DOGMA DOWN MY THROAT
>REE RELIGION SHOULD BE BANNED BECAUSE I SAY SO
>HOW DARE YOU MENTION RELIGION IN ANY CONTEXT OR IN ANY FORM
>THOSE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE SO OPPRESSIVE

They were the original SJWs.

Always had a fucking victim complex, but at the same time aggressively tried to force their pessimism on everyone.

????

Flander's is an example of this to the extreme to the point that people have invented the phrase "Flanderization". It refers to when a character in a TV show or series becomes a comical caricature of what they used to be.

Ned's family use to be a way to poke fun at the overly religious while at the same time demonstrating how if everyone ACTUALLY followed EVERY rule in the Bible the world would be an amazing place Contrast this with Homer who is your average American citizen as well as your average Christian. Someone who calls themselves a Christian and sleeps through church every Sunday and as a result, never has his life or anyone else's enriched by his faith. Ned and his wife on teh other hand have a "tithe day" where they feed and clothe the vagrants. It's funny because if Christians actually followed Jesus' example more would be doing the same but no one does except for the handful of volunteers down at the soup kitchen.

Ned use to demonstrate the pros and cons of being super religious. He also was used to show that maybe the issue is that humans aren't that perfect that they can actually follow religion. Now they just use him to mock the crazy fundies who almost no one agrees with.

OP used an image that you can tell is from a latter episode by the art style so it makes most fans sad to be reminded what Flanders has become.

I had a friend from an hyper religious family that had an N64 but the only game he had was Mario Kart and his mom forbid battle mode. One day I snuck over a copy of Starfox 64 and his mom flipped. Called a pastor to the house. Kicked me out and threw out his 64. He blames me for it and never talked to me again.

It must be an oldfag thing, then.

I saw lots of Christian parents give platformers a pass because they were generally absurd, and when Sonic games made the leap to 3D, they'd get a pass because they recognized Sonic on the box. I don't know if that still happens, though.

Pretty much my experience. My family and I have always bee very religious but my parents got me MK1,2,Ultimate, Doom and other games. I never went on a shooting spree or anything.

It seems to me like the left is terrified of opposing views. Ivy league colleges today need safe spaces with carpet, cookies, and crayons. Famous comedians complain that they can't work colleges anymore because the left is always whining and crying about something or other.

I thought that Cred Forums cared about history too much to make an image so inaccurate.

Because ThunderCuck and TAA always tells them what to feel.

t. Agnostic Fag

@352003034
your bait is weak

not even giving a (you)

Not all atheists act that way. I'm pretty sure most people who know me don't even know I'm an atheist.

I completely get religion, especially when it comes to people's deaths and the deaths of loved ones. It helps people cope with something humans will never actually understand.

The quote was for the pic to the left

>It ain't me starts playing

>raised in a very religious military household
>both parents are avid gamers nearly from the moment such a thing is possible
>brought up playing DOS and Atari, family bought the NES the moment it hit American shores
>never went anywhere without a Tiger handheld game or Gameboy
>now an adult and very pious myself
>still gaming

Why exactly would being religious have any impact on playing vidya?

blame Lisa the Vegetarian, she was really bad in that one.

>It seems to me like the left is terrified of opposing views.
The left and the right have campaigned against violent video games. The reality is every time there is a new media it is blamed for all of society's problems. We went through it with television, radio, records and comic books. As well as more specific things like saturday morning cartoons, rock music, etc.

Society always wants to blame someone. Media that large populations are consuming are easy to blame especially when they are new and not understood by the older generation who are often serving in office and voting.

>The universe
nah, just try-hards.

I never understood why people think the absence of God is in any way evil. I always thought it made good deeds so much more pure: a religious person will do good because he's supposed to or he won't be allowed in Heaven, a non-believer does good because he wants to- no strings attached.

>tfw Navy
>tfw most other enlisted I talk to play vidya
>tfw most are PCfats like me
>tfw met some fa/tg/uys in boot
>tfw played ad-hoc dnd instead of doing push ups

Shits cash yo

>be Catholic
>play video games
>parents tell me to go outside and play for a bit
>go outside and play basketball/baseball/hockey with my friends
>go back home at night and play some more video games before going to bed

of course this was before being outside alone was cause for nosy people to call child protective services on people

She learned her lesson in the end though. If that episode was made now she would have not.

youtube.com/watch?v=YE6hKlicTR0

I feel like this was the point where the show really hit its stride.

If god was never real his absence isn't evil. The universe is not inherently evil simply because a big bearded man doesn't live above space.

My friend and I listen to this song sometimes just because it's so funny.

Basically this.
Then there's these guys that say one of these things:
>No, no, I completely understand religion. People need religion because they're afraid and weak, unlike me.
>I know exactly how religion works and if you need it because you're stupid, I tip my hat to you, sir.
>I WISH I was religious, but my intelligence cannot allow it.
Keke

There aren't any good deeds that have no strings.

Because my mother is a batshit Mormon and the only way I was even able to get Diablo when it came out was by telling her the point is to go to hell and kill him. Can't have games with "violence" in them so Mario is out but boy howdy, slaying the devil? Okay!

Take another favourite

youtube.com/watch?v=pURFU3pL93o

i just love my type-o

You don't have to be evil, but the physical world is dominated by evil and you can't deny it. Your good deeds mean nothing and won't save anybody.

Objective morality. With God there's no "my point of view", there is objectively good actions and objectively evil. Without that, doing what societal protocol dictates is "good" purely on whim has no weight to it.

Society has decided some pretty evil things are good despite what the bible says. Society now says some things are evil, despite the bible's okay on them. Being "good" absent objective morality just means that you're basing your morality purely on what western culture happens to find in vogue at the moment.

>good deeds no strings attached
No such thing exists.

She was a bit obnoxious before, but she'll all out SJW cancer now. I'm surprised they haven't redesigned her with purple hair, 250 pounds, and an I'm with Her t-shirt to reflect the target audience.

If being on Cred Forums (and the whole sjw thing, honestly) should have taught you anything is that's it's pretty much always the vocal minorities user.

Most atheists (like most groups) don't really give a fuck either way; do your thing, they do theirs. Obviously there are are always few people who get triggered by anything and everything and jump on every single chance to make waves, thus giving the impression of it being the group as a whole.

My mom was super religious yet let me play video games. She even liked Pokemon and Harry Potter and went toe to toe with the fags who said both were demonic. It was strange.

i hate videogame s

>Satan is Gods creation
>God didn't kill Satan

Do you and you're mom think you're above God user?

youtube.com/shared?ci=EmIa1dd4shA

My parents played Burnout 3 with me.
It was fun.

Learn how to link, Luis

The matter that composes are brains and thus emotions and decision making follow the physical laws of the universe. Life is just an equation.

Zombie Simpsons literally having a zombie
ZOMG

>be atheist
>mom is hardcore cristian but doesn't try to stop me if I like metal or playing violent videogames.
Thanks mom.

ur mom's an equation, nerd

It's hard to criticize the Mormons though. They all end up well adjusted, affluent and goodly people. Except every tenth Mormon kid or so who rebels and turns into an atheist scumbag that gives atheists a bad name.

Like with your example. Your Mormon parents didn't outright ban you from vidya, they just wanted to take an active role in making sure what you were exposed to an impressionable age was appropriate. Hell, I'm sure ALL of society wishes more parents paid attention to what their kids watch / play. And you made a compelling case for why you should get to play a game, and they reasonably allowed it.

>batshit mormon parents fuk them

Like I said, one out of ten result in scumbag.

>that link
youtube.com/watch?v=NuCqIvmBwk8

>be christian, parents got me condemned: criminal origins
>trust me enough to not be a psychopath
>go to college
>campus practically shuts down because some radfem found Trump 2016 in chalk on a sidewalk

Yeah, it's the right-wing that are nutjob censor freaks.

Try-hards are a subset of the universe.

>Baptist faith
>Church every other weekend
>Only game I didn't get was Destroy All Humans till I was old enough to be in the teenager age group
>Otherwise nothing was restricted, just judged to be shit games by my Dad like Saints Row and San Andreas
>Just because of living in and hating Memphis and nigga thugs

They're pretty cool. My Dad's taking time away from vidya though and spends his free time watching anime. Only game he plays is Warcraft though.

I'd guess your mom has common sense unlike the anti-pokemon nuts.

ungrateful mormon kid btfo

I'd play competitive Pokemon with your mom

Of course there are, don't be silly. People can do good deeds simply because they want to. Everyday people do nice things for which they don't even get any recognition.

That's just wrong. The physical world (as far as we know) is dominated by physical rules, these rules don't give a fuck about you but that's not being evil.

That's not absolutely true. Helping a lost kid finding his parents or buying your friend that ice cream he likes even if you have to get a cheaper one for yourself are good deeds independently of what society thinks.

>Tfw u want to see Trump lose so Cred Forums explodes

>Cred Forums talks about a tv show in a really civilized way while videogame threads drowns on shitposting
Never change Cred Forums

As much as I like dislike what they believe and the whole multiple wives thing, you are right. Mormons always turn out to be top notch and for some reason are basketball gods.

>Trump wins
>tumblr explodes

>Trump loses
>Cred Forums explodes

It'll be a real fireworks show either way.

>play video games on the weekend
>go to mass on sunday
>praise our lord god Jesus Christ each night

SMT is still my favourite series though

>That's not absolutely true. Helping a lost kid finding his parents or buying your friend that ice cream he likes even if you have to get a cheaper one for yourself are good deeds independently of what society thinks.

Not necessarily. Society has deemed mixing with social classes to be evil before. Other societies have seen that brand of generosity and altruism to be destructive as it forms unhealthy dependence. You're just stuck thinking in a modern western paradigm that was created by a culture shaped around Christian morals.

Dude I went to a mormon church once and they literally have an indoor basketball court

>Be agnostic
>Be cool with everyone

I miss bleeding gums Murphy lisa

i like to pretend god is the "i hate every single one of you" copypasta.

>that last bit

Nobody ever seems to mention the basketball thing, but yeah, that's true.

You must have some complex to read so much into that and insult yourself, nothing they said could be construed as condescending. It's not healthy to victimize yourself.

>it will never be your childhood again

Because it's CURRENT YEAR

If people need a motive to do good things what's wrong with that? Religion is a good way to motivate people in bad or good ways. At the same time you have a lot of people that "follow" a religion for a sense of group that are hardly part of said religion.

I don't have any stories about video games, but I do have stories about protestant violence and oppression against me for being a good catholic boy in northern ireland

Not him, but you did equate someone's deepest religious beliefs with being some placebo opiate for dealing with death.

If you're so euphoric you don't see the insult, that's really on you.

Why is every religious person i've met literally vegan levels of self-absorption and holier-than-thou attitude

This is pretty entertaining to read, as a Jew
Keep getting cucked by better races and people bro

Mate you're pretty far off the mark. Are atheists some sort dogmatic group, and do you label people as "atheists" just because they dont happen to have faith in traditions?
You're literally making yourself as the underdog and them as some sort of enemy to justify your senseless aggression.
>atheists as faggots think it
le tip fedora neckbeard muh science who identify as atheists and talk about it
>atheists in reality
Normal everyday joe who doesnt happen to believe in space wizards

But whatever, if it helps you sleep better go ahead and make an enemy of me to throw your hate against.

is the book of mormon actually really good

>tfw friend convinces me to go chaos

because they're the only people who will make it clear that they're religiousr

Really? It's like that for every Atheist I meet, and only a handful of Christians. Keep in mind I'm agnostic

confirmation bias. it's easier to tell someone's religious if they're being annoying about it

Fuck that's spooky

I gre up in a Daoist Monastery in China.

>agnostic
The true meme.

I'm a different guy. You are literally tumblr if you get pissed at something like that.

Good, you filthy papist. Why not go to Rome to worship your false idol direct while he invites Muslims to profane the Vatican and leave Ireland to the true Christians?

I don't agree but maybe you're right.

The physical world meaning everything composed of matter, including people. Nobody loves anyone, they just get chemical surges. There's no reason to be a good person, so why would anyone want to? That's how it works without God. If He hadn't shown Himself to me I'd be a terrible person honestly, because it'd be fucking stupid not to will my power over everyone and take what I want. There's no point in taking up a cross in a godless world.

Kek, people insult each other all the time on Cred Forums. Then you get triggered because someone implies that maybe the world isnt controlled by an omnipotent entity that just happens to not interact with anything?

>>>/tumblr/

you were LITERALLY sent to MY country by the english oppressors to dampen the flames of irish nationalism

Tiocfaidh ár lá m8

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Atheist thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Cred Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" Thunderf00t guy, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Cred Forums posting about a shitty ideology. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Atheistfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "AGNOSTICS REEEEEE." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

>empathy, the biggest reason for how humans form societies doesnt exist
Neck yourself my man, or at least dont ever breed

tell us some stories

Good on you champ.

>Don't turn on PC because Christmas/Easter/pope died
>Just watch TV for entire day
I don't get it

I'm not pissed, but I do recognize that it is wildly condescending. All jokes aside, do you genuinely not see that from his statement? I think a lot of Christians ascribe to malice what is actually just Atheist obliviousness. You don't have a spiritual side, so you don't see why ascribing something so treasured to someone else as a made-up coping mechanism could be insulting.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. The mother of a great friend of mine is extremely religious and whatever her motives may be, she's pretty much the best person I've ever known. I just don't think the absence of God is evil in any way either and I've always respected a lot people who can keep good in their hearts despite it.

No need to get butthurt if it didn't apply to you.

Nowhere in the new testament does it say that not believing in god is evil, it actually says the complete opposite

>There's no point in taking up a cross in a godless world.
There's your problem, you're a fucking psychopath.

I love playing SMT and always picking Law

Too bad almost majority of the games have a bias for Chaos and Neutral and the only Lawfag focused games are either fucking Persona or irrelevant games like DemiKids

No he's not. He's a fucking collectivist created by Ken Levine and KotOR2. There is nothing wrong with holding out a helping hand. The vast majority of those I've ever helped never asked for it and didn't ask ever again. I think one of our highest ideals is to take the tired and weak and make them strong. An ice cream won't cause crippling dependency.

And this is from a lifelong atheist that has done his best to avoid social norms all through my edgy teen years. At 33 I see that none of that stuff mattered. Being there for people did.

There is literally no reason to feel empathy for anyone when it's just fucking chemicals. You're a submissive cuckold if you don't take your freedom and evolution dictates that you don't get to breed, sissy boy.

Since when is being a nice person "taking up a cross"? You're being ridiculous.

>Why is every person i've met literally vegan levels of self-absorption and holier-than-thou attitude

Fix'd

To all the christfags and neckbeards ITT:

Most people on both sides are rational and don't shove their beliefs (or lack of) with other people. Most religious people aren't fundies, and most non-religious people don't go off on rants against religion. There are retarded vocal minorities on both sides. It's kinda like how not all the left are SJW retards, and all the right are not racist hicks. Most people are moderates who won't shove their beliefs down your throat. Quit victimizing yourselves.

Again, morals you have from being raised in a western society that was shaped by Christian values. Do you suppose if the Mongolians had won out and conquered the world you'd feel likewise?

If you do "good deeds" in part for personal gain then that isn't really as noble as doing it just out of a sense of compassion or justice, though if personal gain motivates more people to do good deeds then yes, that's a good thing.
That said all good deeds are motivated in part by personal gain/selfish desires, if you're not doing it for money or salvation then it's for dat sweet sweet dopamine.

Being "noble" is a moot point. regardless of what your motives are doing good is still doing good.

>they returned a shitty game for a much better game

they did you good son.

>10 years later and there are still region troll threads on Cred Forums

And why is walking a fine line so bad? Because its not as simple as going complete retard and losing all rational, just so you can circle jerk with a bunch of other deluded retards?

No thanks

ITT: Fedora fags and /r9k/ still blaming mommy and daddy after all these years.

>muh choose one side or the other

Well that's just retarded. The fact is that you shouldn't judge entire groups by the small subset of retards that scream the loudest.

>catholic senpai
>first M game when I was 11

not bad

None of them are particularly long, but okay

>uncle's brother in law is a catholic priest
>stays with them for a few weeks
>says mass in their house once
>start getting anonymous phone calls threatening them
>house catches fire by """accident"""
>bricks constantly thrown in their windows
>car gets stolen
A similar thing happened to my grandfather, but he literally had an angry mob of his protestants drive him out of the town and he had to live under IRA guard for the next month.

I used to be followed by soldiers pointing their guns at me on my way to mass too. I'd also get beaten up by gangs if you went into the protestant end of town.

Atheists are defensive little faggots, so you proved him right there.

>heh, if i dont pick a side i can act superior to both without exposing myself to being attacked by either

Grow some testicles and take a solid stance once in your life you fence-straddling pussy.

for

i give it 4 years top and everyone will be back to unironically being edgy atheists like 6 years ago

>grew up in an animist family
>step-dad is a shaman
>have to get up super early each Saturday to go do ritual
>sometimes forget and stay up all night Friday playing vidya
>sleep for two hours and then have to get up
>see other kids at the houses we go to play vidya
>can't join them because step-dad needs help with ritual

>dating girl
>parents are super religious
>so many horror stories
The mom nearly tossed all the games but the dad stepped in because he liked the old shit
Last time I was there she said something about Muslim food cursing you

>Parents are protestan calvinists
>They are pretty chill about other religions
>Don't shove their fate through others throat though they do tend to get preachy when they feel their faith is attacked
>Even then, they pray for everyone and genuily seem to care for everyone.
>Dad is super chill and takes me to the arcade. Gets me a snes and we play Super Metroid, Top Gear and Maui Mallard: Cold Shadow. He loves fps and plays the fuck outta Rainbow Six. Remember him waking me up in the morning to play Rainbow Six by switching characters. Remember that time he bought Halo, Hitman 2 and NFS: Underground. When he found out our old rig could not run the games he got an nvidia video card. I had to go to school and left him installing all that shit. When I got back he was already fighting the flood in Heroic difficulty.
>Mom was my dadrock influence and got me into lots of old music like Yes, King Crimson, Soda Stereo, ELO and the like. She is also crazy about cult films and we always watched something cool like Pulp Fiction, They Live!, Yojimbo and Taxi Driver.
>Still go to church every sunday and some wednesdays.
>Still a protestant and have no doubts in God's existance.

The only time they got mad about me playing a videogame was with Persona 3 because they thought It was a bad influence since I could kill myself with my grandfather old gun. Funny thing is that I did want to kill myself around that time.

My parents were pretty great

>mfw i lied to grandma that i believed in god
>next day im playing gta vice city

Reminder that atheists are useful idiots:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ

I call those people "anti-theists"

I mean really I personally do not give a shit what someone's spiritual beliefs are up to the point where they try forcing their values onto me. I dislike the assholes who try forcing atheism on others just as much as the ones who try forcing religion.

>him
You do mean yourself? Are you so afraid of looking like an idiot you have to resort to such obvious samefaggotry?

And that,s a bad thing because...?

I appreciated this post user.

Parents are Jehovah's Witnesses
>2003
>12 years old
>family gives me an allowance of $5 a week
>save up for almost a year to buy a Gamecube Super Mario Sunshine
>finally have enough
>stop at Best Buy on the way home to pick it up
>after an hour of learning how to install and work it, I finally get to play Super Mario Sunshine
>play for 2 hours until I get home
>parents come in and ask me what I'm doing and where I got the game console
>explained to them that I spent my allowance on a GameCube
>they watch me play for 10 minutes
>I literally just shoot water at oil spills the entire time they're watching
>they get up and turn off the television
>they unplug the Gamecube, pick it up, and throw it in the trash right in front of me
>I'm crying wondering what the fuck they were doing
>they pull up a chair and explain to me that Mario is a "wizard", that the oily piranha plants were "demons", and that the game was against our religion
>get grounded for 2 months for buying a blasphemous video game without their permission
I wasn't able to play Super Mario Sunshine all the way through until I lived in a college dorm 1000 miles away from my parents.

Yes, but this is Cred Forums where we all have a nasty habit on generalising groups regardless of intentino.

Undermines western civilization and helps balkanize the classes for control. Someone just posted the Fate of Empires, educate yourself.

there is no giant white man in the sky fag

*play for 2 hours until my parents get home

But there is a tiny nigger shitposting right there.

A mercenary who would happily commit wholesale slaughter of innocents in exchange for monetary compensation who just happens to be working for a more humane employer because they pay better is a good person?

>parents Catholic
>religious
>Bought me a sega dreamcast and ps2
>parents bought sonic and Spawn for dreamcast(there's still a couple more games that I forgotten about)
>Let me buy games on occasion and let me pick whatever I want
>Only game I cannot play was GTA all because it came up in the news
>Father on occasion threaten to ban me from playing if I swear
Not too bad I guess

The fact that you won't pick a side just means that you're insecure about your beliefs.

>come from a Jehovah Witness household
>nearly a teenager
>2003
>not knowing their opinion on video games before this point

This story is full of shit.

Any Quakers here? Haven't been getting enough sleep so I might start going to meetings again.

lets ignore the fact bowsers jap name is literally demon king or some shit.

Nigga did I ever say murder is a good thing? Dumb be daft boy.

As if they know that.

Yeah, I'm sure his parents were probably hip to all the original Japanese names of video game characters that they never played.

>muslim parents
>won't allow me to buy or play any remotely violent or mature games
>download eroge visual novels from kazaa instead and develop weird fetishes

There are people in this thread dumb enough to fall for this bait, and also dumb enough to believe what the bible says literally.

He's just in another plane of existance bro. And by the way, you can actually see a giant white man in the sky if you believe and try hard enough ;)

They were teaching me the value of money with the allowance at the time, and they said I could buy anything I wanted. Me being an aspie, I thought that meant they couldn't control what I owned since I worked for it. I mean, they did explain it that way. After they punished me for buying a Gamecube, my father explained to me that he expected me to buy a train set or model plane set or something that "kids in his day" would buy.
I know it sounds stupid, but from that they on, I really doubted the legitimacy of their religion if they think Mario is evil.

>tfw i could not play M rated games until i was 14

>had religious family that took my to church every week
>had a bad childhood

Don't do that. That thing where you denounce the bible and then insert your own made-up cringey bullshit as fact.

>lol other dimensions bro!

flanders used to be a quiet very devout man but as the years went on he became an even more exaggerated jesus freak

>Seth Rogen made a million dollar animated movie about talking food just so he could remind everyone that he's a atheist
>Veggie Tales uses an animation budget consisting of a crumpled 5 dollar bill and a paper clip to humbly teach kids about good Christian morals

Really makes you think

I'm the guy from the story, and I didn't even know that. But Bowser wasn't even in Mario Sunshine, and even if he was, he's the adversary in all of the games.
But above all that, my parents didn't know that, and they never will because it's a blasphemous game they will never actually look into.

Alright yeah that was a bad example. What I meant is that somebody who does good things without any nobility behind it, purely for material gain, isn't necessarily a good person. Definitely not if they would do bad things for material gain too, not factoring morals into their decision at all.

>abandon your family's deepest held values and beliefs because you're an aspie who wants to play Mario

Checks out.

pastebin.com/r8wpxDAK
my rebuttal was so extensive I couldn't fit it in a post without it being too long to actually post

Since I'm the guy you responded to, I thought I owed it to you to read your reply. I got as far as:

>it's funny because the bible sure is just the guide for right and wrong isn't it?
>oh yeah except for the fact

And decided against it.

So we must belive in something invisible, that does not have any proof of existence and follow the rules of a book written by literally who,s 2000 years ago or our civilization will colapse?

If Cred Forums says so... Then it must be true!!!11!1!

dont you know? mario is actually working with king horn head to trick peach?

You're not missing much. It was incoherent babble with emotes like :^), and him going off on everything from /x/ and the greenpill, to his perceived biblical contradictions, and strawmen like "fags not being people."

I feel dumber for having read it.

Regardless if the person is "good" or not it hardly matters, it simply the good deeds the shape the world.

The example you used earlier could be related to the bad aspects of religion though, see stuff like Islam or hindu.

they need to stop defiling the corpse of this once great show

how long until people start saying that the Simpsons was never good?

>be spic
>catholic family growing up
>didn't care what I play as long it didn't make me a delinquent
>fast foward to now
>still play vidya
>my Mother Mary statue standing tall over my amiibos

kek

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your 5.

You never ever played it through, did you?

Yeah, that's the point I was trying to make. It was a fucking stupid reason to doubt my families beliefs, but I was just a 12 year old aspie. But that wasn't the worst or the last of my struggle with my parent's faith. It only started with me doing double the amount of my chores for almost a full year only to have my parents throw away $250 worth of hardware then ground me.

Fair enough, I got the impression with your first post that you were trying to conflate being good and doing good but clearly that wasn't the case.

I kind of doubt that Sir Glubb is from Cred Forums and retroactively wrote the Fate of Empires a half century before it even existed purely to help them prove points, but sure.

And the point is that regardless of Faith, religion is a binding catalyst to society. It builds compatible views and ethics among its people with a universally dictated moral system. It's not about your personal fedora-tip war against religion, it's about the foundation of civilization.

the fact that your response to my rebuttal was ignorance says a lot :^)

The Simpsons was never good.

first day on the internet?

In what season did the Simpsons become so horrible? For people in my country, once they changed the voice actors it turned to shit

Homer
>Stupid but caring father turned into just a retard

Marge
>Basicly stereotypical mom who dedicates her entire time to the family and barely has any time to herself turned into a bitchy slut

Lisa
>Probably the worst character shift ever, went on being a full on SJW that somehow handles and spouts out information a lot of people her age wouldn't understand

Bart
>Probably the least jarring of the cast, nothing much changed but he seems to be a dick to everyone for no reason sometimes

I did. He was just in the volcano level thing though. I guess I forgot, because he was only like 2 minutes of the 10 so hours I played of that game.

People like this make me grateful for religion. I wonder how many psychopaths are only being held in check by the fear of hell.

Well put user.

>Italian Roman Catholic family
>be a kid during the height of Pokemania
>get Hey You, Pikachu for Christmas one year
>an hour into playing it parents come in, "user, we're going to church, you have to come, it's Christmas"
>"but I don't want to, you bought this for me just let me play it please"
>"yeah, that's fine."
So I played Hey You Pikachu until I realized the fucker never listened and I gave up on it.

Roman Catholics are either extremely devout or don't give any shits except for appearances like wearing a cross or hanging one on the wall.

Genghis was a pretty cool guy to people he conquered, arguably better than a lot of christian conquerors were.

At least if they weren't cunts about the whole thing.

and people say America has crazy religious people

The world is more than black and white, you'd have to have the reasoning capacity of an infant to only understand extremes.

>parents are mormon
>buy GTA SA
>parents see me play it
>parents smash xbox with a hammer

>the world is black and white
>can't even explain what his own beliefs are in fear of being labeled a sperg
I understand, senpai. You are most people. But this is a board about video games. And this is a thread about games stories. Drop your boner.

Oh I got one!

I was playing Kirby's Avalanche with my mom, I got some really high chain and won the match. I shouted out Righteous! and got scolded for blasphemy.

It was the early 90's and I was a kid influenced by TV. How the fuck would I know?

That's just the Irish in general.

Theists are some far out fucking mongoloids,It baffles me that people still believe in deity's

It's basically the same as believing in homeopathy

Alright, I'll take your bait spergy.

First, you mention slavery. That proves my point. Centuries ago, the societal climate says slavery was okay. Good and honest men were in support of slavery. Now the popular opinion winds have shifted and its evil. Do you need a stronger indication that your subjective values are based in nothing concrete? You literally just pointed out that what you believe right now might be the slavery of next year and you're evil for doing what you think is good.

Next fags not being people. It never says that anywhere in the bible. It does equate sodomy with being an abomination and a sin, however, there are a number of things that are a sin. The bible makes damn sure everyone realizes that they are sinners, in thought, word and deed. The point isn't to be immaculate and without sin, it's about bettering oneself and seeking repentance for that sin. It's no worse than any other.

"God can kill anyone if he doesn't like them" Well, yeah, the purview of the infinite that created everything is pretty damn large. The fact that you've simplified it to "he dosent lieks me so he maeks bad theng happinz" just means you don't grasp the notion of the infinite. A lot of atheists don't, but similarly, a lot of Christians don't. You've tried to humanize Him by ascribing traits you understand to something that is so massive and complicated that you can't. Corinthians tells us "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?" So, no, don't presume for God, use the teachings of Jesus as your anchor to try and understand the will of the infinite.

Better?

>Have witness friend who had sunshine
>Let me borrow it
>Both of us are now waiting for sunshine 2

As always, it's just some parents who are incredibly strict about video games. Sorry you went through that though.

I bet you're younger than 21

Kids these days

But Flanders was better than Homer in every single way and had a happy life

You did nothing wrong in getting mad. That was a really fucking shitty "lesson" to teach you.

>Work hard and save money
>If we don't approve of what the money was used for, fuck you. It's gone now.

My only church stories is that I went like twice and it was the most boring shit I've ever experienced. It also kind of creeped me out seeing people droning on and standing and sitting at the same time.

I don't really have anything against religion though, it seems to do a lot of good for some people.

I think it was around 10/11. The panda rape episode was the real episode they jumped the shark.

But you're projecting your own frustrations on to atheist because you're mad or something.
You're basically a fedora tipper who hates the idea of tipping fedoras. Just because you believe in god doesn't make your head immune to hats.

Huh?

religion's just an excuse for the violence and shows the division between the two camps, it's more about northern irish independence

Still, our contemporary morays would've been a lot different.

"I'd give a kid an icecream :DDD that has nothing to do with Christianity!"

Would turn into "I'd give a kid my lucky hunting knife when we send him into the wilderness alone to die or survive as the Great Blue Sky wills on his road to manhood." pretty quick.

JWs seem far more likely to be at that end of the spectrum than most though.

Lisa was always the worst character, they could never find anything to do with her. She's just meant to be the opposite of bart.

the same as almost anyone else's. they only ever cared when i was a kid because it was GTA III and Vice City and even they knew how violent and full of curse words the games were.

had already gotten used to playing III and splattering cartel assholes because my big cousin always brought his copy over, but my mom finally decided to let me play the games and got me vice city as a birthday present after my dad died. all was well.

only incident was when i brought my ps2 with me when i decided to visit my aunt for a week. she and her husband divorced and new husband was SUPER religious and strict. we're talking actual curfews and no cable tv type shit. she didn't care if i played the game, but warned me not to dare play it when he was at the house out of fear.

i think i loaded up his computer with porn and forgot to delete the browser history. never heard anything of that though, so i wonder how things turned out.

Maybe maybe not. Western society came from rome and I don't think our values really resemble theirs very much.

>doesn't understand how apostrophes work
>calls other people mongoloids

Besides, anyone who categorically denies the existence of a deity is fucking retarded. Agnosticism is the only truly rational position.

No it didn't. Rome fell to the Christian hordes and the legacy of Rome became Muslim once they swept through and took the Mediterranean. Western society was built by the Christians over the next millennium and a half.

>spouts out information a lot of people her age wouldn't understand
This is more offensive to me than the SJW shit. She's a kid, it makes at least some sense to be somewhat lefty, thinking that we can be fair to everyone and give handouts or whatever, but the shit with her spouting off philosophy or some super science bullshit really stretches it too far. What's the point in the family dynamic?

"demon" has a different connotation in japan.

How can one be secure about one's beliefs?
I mean, they are beliefs not facts.

They idolized rome and took the words of their philosophers as the absolute truth.

>argument gets trashed
>can only correct grammar

What argument did I make? What argument are you countering?

So why have faith then?

Again, no they didn't. That was the whole point of the Dark Ages. Islam had captured virtually every Roman and Alexandrian city and were the inheritors of their philosophy and technology. Which is why for those several centuries, Islam was such a font of technical and scientific discoveries while the Christians were basically warring barbarous tribes in western and northern Europe.

I mean, how do you think it went from Republics and city states to the wildly incompatible Pope-led Kingdoms?

>be me
>be around 7 and own a Super Nintendo and Gameboy
>mom starts listening to insane christian pastor who preaches about how all references to magic, or super powers, or evolution, or anything is pure evil and is LITERALLY satan trying to infect me with his demons
>90% of my games get thrown out
>all my pokemon and digimon cards and thrown out

i'll never forgive you mom. this is why i'm an atheist

>Grow up in Evangelical family
>get to watch R-Rated movies and play M-Rated games throughout childhood

Homer was always fairly dumb and Bart was always too much trouble. Look at the exchange between Homer and the judge for the essays in Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, Season 3.

>Unbreakable laws
>Breaks them
Checkmate theists

it's 5:03am and i need to go to bed.

jap demon detected

>Mother is devout Christian
>Let me play Pokemon because "It's just video games"

Wow religion is silly kill homos

very surprised no one has recommended binding of isaac yet

thanks for you post mate

it's a shit game who cares

>Not being a member of the One True Holy Catholic and Apolostic Church
>Not playing your Deus Vult Simulator daily to prepare for the 10th Crusade

Question for religious people. Why do so many people claim to be religious but never go to church or really follow any of the tennants? Isn't that completely eliminating the purpose?

At least 85% of the christians I know go to church like twice a year for easter and christmas and no other time.

Does anyone have the
>Devil May Cry
>yes mom, it's called that because I'm on the side of God, I'm going to make that fucker cry so hard
pasta?

My point.

What kind of bible do you read? Nonbelievers will be killed during armeggedon

Huh?

so they can pretend to be morally superior to others

because they were raised in religion and follow it loosely because it's all they've ever known rather than having any kind of genuine faith

>implying I'm not always ready

the fact you gave your own interpretation of the bible proves my point that you don't need it to guide you :^)
and as for comprehending the infinite as I said in the pastebin I'm from /x/ and understanding the infinite and intangible isn't unfathomable as you make it out to be. it's pathetic that you make humans look lower than what they are actually potentially capable of. humans look lower only at face value. what you don't seem to understand is the ability of human beings to make themselves stronger in all areas without intervention. quite hilarious you think all humans are pathetic and need some being to improve themselves.

man this thread became too serious. enough about all of this. and you may claim I'm just dodging but for real someone after me is going to say it. this isn't video games.

>Agnosticism is the only truly rational position.

Agnosticism is a safe middle-ground for people who don't really want to understand the issue.

>cucktholics

When did Jesus say that one mate? Are you interpreting Revelations literally?

> had a happy life

youtu.be/mYrUPazLQDk

Am I the only one extremely turned on by Homer?

I'm not talking about nice beta pathetic homer, but the new "agressive abusive jerk" homer??

Whenever I use my going-into-simpson machine, I always choose to become lisa, and I always give homer a few shots of whiskey (this turns him into a rapist jerk) and he rapes me. it's so hot

Even the bible says you shouldn't care about churches that much

wow that ms paint picture sure proved me wrong

Aren't catholics specifically only supposed to have a relationship to god through a priest?

>Protestants

Fucking usurious, judaizing scum.

Because people are different? I mean, what kind of answer are you expecting? Someone has faith and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. That doesn't necessarily follow that they'll want to get up early on Sunday mornings or volunteer their time away.

It's like being a gamer. How come some of them don't go to conventions and cosplay and don't even own every single gaming console and try to play every game that comes out?

kind of

Jesus wasn't big on some traditions, but he was very big on others

no? I mean maybe during the middle ages they tried to claim that shit, but that's not the current position of the church at all.

>judaizing
Yeah, no.

So admitting there's no real proof either way is not understanding the issue?

Listen if god comes down and starts doing shit again maybe I'll believe but the NEET fuck hasn't done anything in 2000 years if the bible can be believed.

You could watch old episodes of the Simpsons with guests and have no idea who they were throughout the whole thing but have the episode still work.

>user, DON'T EVER TOUCH POKEMON, THAT SHIT IS SATAN.

The point stands. Agnosticism is not an argument itself, but a way out of even addressing the question.

It would be more like saying video games are your primary hobby and then playing them twice a year for 2 hours.

I grew up in a house where my dad was agnostic and my mom was Christian. I just never bought into all the religious stuff even though she took us to church.

She did take away my Pokemon Red game after her crazy church told her it was the devil's work. Meanwhile those crazy fucks were speaking in tongues and being touched by the lord and dropping to the ground during service

>Not going bart and having him take out his suppressed homosexual desires on your tight little boipuss while he strangles you

Probably since the people writing them are often atheists and dislike religion as a whole.

was meant for

>being a member of an organization that freely engaged in sodomy because you weren't allowed to have a wife
>implying that the pasty, skinny virgins of this board wouldn't be pressed into sex by the other Knights and live like a medieval prison rape slave
I get it if you just want to join up to kill Jews under the guise of killing Muslims but even the fucking Saracens had a better life than the average crusader. Not to mention The Crusades were unequivocally against Christian doctrine and were instituted solely for political reasons.

>go on play date with two indian (presumably) kids
>take turns on pc
>playing wolfenstein 3D
>kids keep telling me there's no guns, you have to use knife
>none of the number keys are working
>eventually press a random key and the machine gun out
>kids are amazed
>never see them again
>now realise their parents switched the keys for the weapons because they didn't want their kids playing violent video games
Messed up. Some American families are really weird. At another kids house I got given out to for saying "damn it" while playing WWF on nintendo 64

What games let me liberate holy lands and kill the saracen in preparation for the upcoming European race war?

>Second Year of Community College
>Mom is a deacon in PresbyterianChurch
>Watching Bethesda E3 conference
>Showing off the new Doom
>Mom walks in and starts watching
>Understands premise immediatly and starts laughing her ass off

not really

you can have and practice faith outside of church. Jesus actually spoke out against people who only went to church and did nothing else quite a lot

>be britfag
>dad is american from the bible belt
>always struggled with his religion after being in the army, so he doubled down on his religious strictness in the hopes it'd help him believe more
>I used to love Final Fantasy
>somehow he was convinced that this series, and this series alone, was the devil's work because "it had spells, incantations and summoning demons"
>my mum told him to stop being so fucking stupid about it, because it's just a video game
>he still expressed his disapproval and tried to get me to stop playing final fantasy any time he saw my playing it
Eventually it wound down to being as basic as
>"hey son whatcha playing"
>"final fantasy"
>"oh"
But I know he never stopped objecting to it for some stupid religious reason.

inb4 jokes about ff actually being the devil's work

The Reformation was financed by the Jews, like all heretical movements were.

Huh?

no flanders was an example of an upstanding religious man

what he became was a negative stereotype and jesus freak

like how homer became a fat retard instead of a loving father who wasn't too smart
and marge became a nagging bitch instead of a sometimes overly cautious mother
and how bart became a brat who exist to destroy instead of a reckless kid who causes trouble, but is a good kid at his core
and how lisa became a liberal mouthpiece instead of the voice of innocence and reason

i could go on about how they fucked up this show
why is it that whenever we make something good, it has to be ran into the ground, when a show has run it's course it's best to let it rest

it happened to futurama
shits gonna happen to the simpsons
it's gonna happen to everything good

You're the same guy in the other thread talking about liberal and conservative

>Mom is religious, dad not so much.
>Mom is fully aware of the ESRB.
>Not allowed to play M rated games.
>15th birthday party.
>Mom decides I'm "mature enough."
>Presents are all M-rated games I always talked about, but could never play.
>RE 4 came out next month.
>Finally could enjoy them in my room.

Religious or not, I love my family.

that's interesting, and sad

Well I also mentioned following none of the tennants of their faith. They're not charitable they don't turn the other cheek or any of that crap.

They just do whatever they want then go to church twice a year the way you would do shit for a tax deduction that you didn't actually care about.

Holy shit that's another level of delusional. I grew up Mormon and I thought I had it bad

Why do you feel Christians need to turn their religion into a hobby to be "real" Christians? I attend church regularly and once a month donate time at our food bank. I don't look down at the Christians who show up twice a year as false, anymore than I'd look down at the ones that never come to church at all but still keep the faith.

Similarly, we have people who attend Wednesday night services, are involved in our youth programs, Tuesday night bible studies, etc etc. Most of their identities and free time is wrapped up in our faith. I don't feel like they consider me less a Christian anymore than I'd consider them more a Christian.

The important thing is the faith. The amount of time you care to invest in the Church and your community through it is ultimately irrelevant.

That's irrelevant since there's no argument that can be made by either side. People have tried for centuries to come up with a rational argument for and against religion and it's literally impossible. There is no absolute conclusion you can possibly draw from human knowledge. You either believe in a god or don't believe in one on a purely arbitrary basis. It's not an informed opinion in either case and can never be an informed opinion.

Source?
Martin Luther was incredibly against Jews. As you can tell from that pic.
He wrote a book called "On Jews and Their Lies" for heaven's sake.

>Blubble deez gloop mitow fletus .....
>Aaaaiiiieeee!!!

Yeah, then that's just them being fucking dumb and claiming to be religious because they were told to by their parents.

Because if you claim to be a christian but never go to church or really follow any of the rules then you're a christian as much as I'm an elephant.

At least that's my view on things. Almost every religion believes in a god, just doing that isn't enough to make you one of them imo.

>user, you shouldn't spend all your time playing video games
>I don't
>Don't lie to me, find a job!
>I'm working on it, I've an interview on Friday
>Oh, good
>repeat daily

Broman Catholics WW@?

Rational arguments are made, they only seem irrational to people unequipped to understand them.

It's like describing color to a blind man. He'll argue obstinately that color is not a thing and it's an opiate for the seeing masses to believe that there's something greater out there than the constant blackness.

Faith is knowledge. If you had it, like the billions who did and the vast majority of human society since the dawn of time, you'd know the truth. But you don't. And so you're the blind man arguing that color is an unknowable myth.

You mean a little girl with horns?

Yes, that's what "Flanderization" is. The character became exaggerated for comedy to the point of total derailment, it happens to many sitcom characters.

>14-years-old
>friend's parents are weird ass Jehovah's Witnesses
>even E rated games are too violent
>his older sister buys him an xbox under their parents' noses
>let him borrow my copy of Halo
>a few days later, he gives me a ziplock bag with a the charred remains of the disk and game case
>his parents found it and decided to "cleanse it with righteous fire"
>also destroyed his xbox and kicked his sister out of the house for disobeying them

>Thinking you know enough about an organization with 2,000 years of history to make a broad generalized judgement

wew

Then why is every """rational""" argument that has ever been made on the topic been filled with holes that have been systematically torn apart on a logical level?

I actually am religious, but that doesn't mean that it's a rational belief in any way. I just feel that it's right and that's all that matters to me.

A Christian isn't defined by anything more or less than his belief and acceptance of Christ. I mean, I get where you're coming from. Oddly, atheists always seem to have this idea that Christians are required to hold themselves to a higher standards to be TRUE Christians, but it's really just not the case. You can be an absolute bastard of a human being who seemingly pays no attention to any of the biblical teaching and still be a Christian. Your faith doesn't dictate the kind of person you are anymore than absence of faith makes an atheist an automatic bad person.

Shit, I knew a Witness kid that I used to sit next to on the bus. He played CoD and WoW with almost all of his free time.

Alright, let's stop talking in broad generalizations. Give me an example.

>be baptist
>only had semi-strict game and tv rules till i was like 10
>after that no shits were given

Yeah that just makes no sense to me. How can you claim to belong to a group when you follow none of their tennants at all. It would be like saying you're a democrat when you always vote republican or something.

Christ tried to eliminate the church as an institution and allow people to form a personal relationship with God. As a Christian you can worship God from anywhere, church is entirely redundant and isn't a prerequisite for "proper" Christianity at all.
All you have to do is accept Christ as the savior of your soul and live by his message. Everything else is gilding.

Except that argument could be used to justify believing or not believing in absolutely anything.

I could use your exact same argument and claim that people who are NOT religious experience a truth that people who ARE religious are incapable of perceiving.

Did you miss the or really follow any of the rules bit? You'd think calling yourself a christian would involve following the teachings of christ.

Except your moms pussy. We all stopped hitting that forever ago

Growing up chill as fuck parents , mom and dad both gamers
> mom gets into jehovahs witnesses
> gives me the talk about how bad and evil games are every single day
> growing up with that was a living hell , werent allowed to play anything so i couldnt experienced the ps2,gamecube,xbox
> after i hit 15 they realized i was not a little kid
>5 years later vist my parents place
> they chilled as fuck liking video games

okay

the ontological argument for God tries to prove God's existence through logical reasoning, but the same reasoning creates absurd results when applied to anything other than God.

Reminder that the Shroud of Turin has been scientifically authenticated, pretty much proven to be the burial cloth of Our lord.

>After years of work trying to replicate the colouring on the shroud, a similar image has been created by the scientists.

>However, they only managed the effect by scorching equivalent linen material with high-intensity ultra violet lasers, undermining the arguments of other research, they say, which claims the Turin Shroud is a medieval hoax.

>Such technology, say researchers from the National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (Enea), was far beyond the capability of medieval forgers, whom most experts have credited with making the famous relic.

>"The results show that a short and intense burst of UV directional radiation can colour a linen cloth so as to reproduce many of the peculiar characteristics of the body image on the Shroud of Turin," they said.

>And in case there was any doubt about the preternatural degree of energy needed to make such distinct marks, the Enea report spells it out: "This degree of power cannot be reproduced by any normal UV source built to date."

independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-say-turin-shroud-is-supernatural-6279512.html

Has there ever been a "Religious family story who DIDN'T persecute video games/Pokemon/entertainment media" thread?

I'm far more interested in those people, since as a Zen-following Edgar Cayce fan, I think they're the only ones worth listening to. I can't get behind all my Facebook friends and typical churchgoers my age. They're only following the Bible because it tells them to. They're like robots.

I was watching Chef's Table France on Netflix, and in the first episode the guy says that "Good chefs don't develop until age 40 or 50," and adds that a 13-year old can't do what a 40-year old can no matter how good they are naturally, because they don't have the hand that a 40-year old has after accumulating finesse (this is a very self-critical guy mind you. He's a three-star chef who turned his restaurant into a vegan restaurant, kept his stars, and THEN admitted he was wrong and introduced meat again).

I realized religion is the same way and that this is one of the higher principles that religions try to teach you through following their tenets. They just couldn't convey the idea so succinctly 2000, 3000, 4000 years ago, because humanity was so disjointed that displays of finesse in anything were rare. So Jesus and other prophets had to settle for metaphors like "my father's house has many mansions" to convey the different compartments of a human's ability. Nowadays we have luxury to better articulate definitions, that we couldn't have done even 70 years ago when Cayce was alive.

Next-gen will be even better and have things WE can't comprehend now (unless it's like the game industry where we stagnate).

Still not as bad as when they killed fat tony

That was near the end of his life, when it was too late.

i wasn't allowed to watch harry potter till i was 13

Did you not see the bit at the end of my post where I said "accept christ as the savior of your soul and live by his message"?

Because again, the only thing you need to be part of this organization is faith. And even then with Christians in particular, it's almost assumed that you won't be following all of the tenets of the faith. That's actually kind of the point of it all. Jesus's sacrifice? The whole asking for forgiveness thing? The acknowledgement that people are flawed, imperfect creatures that are going to do bad things?

My family is all very Catholic
they never cared about videogames beyond not letting me get any M games for years.
Fable was my first M game

>thinking religion is anything more than an elaborate scam

>Scientists have never been able to explain how the image of a man's body, complete with nail wounds to his wrists and feet, pinpricks from thorns around his forehead and a spear wound to his chest, could have formed on the cloth. Mr Fanti said the imprint was caused by a blast of “exceptional radiation”, although he stopped short of describing it as a miracle.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9958678/Turin-Shroud-is-not-a-medieval-forgery.html

>be user
>be this new

So if I wanted I could ignore the entire thing my whole life then just say "my bad" to peter at the gates?

Religion is the foundation of identity and culture. Why do you think the globalists are always attacking it?

Take your tinfoil hat and go back to Cred Forums kindly.

That they felt the touch of un-God who removed from them a sense of Faith and understanding?

You'd technically have to atone before your actual death, and your acceptance of God would have to be genuine. The Almighty ain't no fool.

of course that's playing devil's avocado for a second and assuming he's real

Ignorant mexican here, what do those flags represent?

You mean why does applying parameters to the infinite fail when you apply the same parameters to the finite?

>playing FFIX
>fighting some big snakes
>mom sees them
>"Stop playing that game right now! Don't you know that those snakes are made to represent Satan?"

even just the new animation theyre using, which i think is the same way family guy animates, is enough to put me off. definitely not a good visual style for them, and from the parts ive actually watched of the most recent season, it has completely lost humor

>appeal to authority

in early seasons he was just a completely nice and perfect helpful neighbor meanwhile Homer was awful and always taking advantage of him yet hated him for being so perfect.

him being religious was just to show how perfect he was compared to Homer who was pretty lax.

>mom can't you see I'm smiting them you stupid bitch

Well if I ever puncture a lung or something maybe I'll toss out a few hail marys and my bads just in case.

>Religious family
>They never cared about my games, thry knoe full eeel i can diferenciate reality from fiction, plus they dont enforce stuff.
>My dad loved to watch me playing shadow of the colossus.
>He was very hyped to see me beating the last one
>i couldnt do it cause i feared their reaction to the heavy symbolims of the game, even though they never showed any behavior like that.

I an such a fucking faggot.

>diablo
are your parents retarded?

because it is silly
religious people are extremely unstable and rely on religion to hide their problems and live in eternal denial

Matt Groening is fairly religious though and the Simpsons has always had a pretty strong family oriented faithful message, being as the entire family goes to church every week.

>elaborate scam that has been instrumental in building every major empire in the history of humanity
>all of which have fallen only when religion was undermined by atheism

>not explaining to her that the snake of the bible never represented Satan and instead represented the nervous system
You did this to yourself

>globalists

go back to infowars you fucking retard

hes mr rogers vs the average real life amerifat.

I think you missed the part about the belief and repentance needing to be genuine.

Worship milky mom

As long as you actually mean it, you should be fine.

And if you survive, you gotta stick with it. I should think reneging on an oath like that would piss him off something fierce, he'd probably hold that against you.

That was so euphoric my neck just spontaneously grew a beard.

I've played some poker in my day. He'll never know.

I'll have to suck a bunch of blood into my lung just in case. I don't think I could keep it up for 40 years.

Fuck off, Rothschild.

What? It's not even necessary to elaborate like that. The original argument essentially boils down to "you disagree with me, therefore you are clearly unable to see the truth", which is about as vacuous an argument as possible.

Welcome to the club

>Played Melee all the time at a friends house
>Mom was there with us once
>she noticed it was rated T
>couldn't play Melee anymore

Other then ratings and how much we played my parents were pretty cool about vidya
>once caught my dad practicing CTR after we were sent to bed

By the lord's name, who is this woman of God?

Daily reminder religious people aren't actually nice
they only do nice things to be rewarded by their selected god

>>He answers my prayers

No one is answering your prayers you delusional dumbass. I don't believe in any gods, and if there are any gods, especially any of the Judeo-Christian variety, they are fucking retarded.

But despite all this and despite playing video games way more than I should be, I've had a fulfilling life so far, good health in me and most of my family, got a full-ride to my undergrad, and am set to graduate from a top tier allopathic US med school this coming May.

It's funny. I have two friends in my class who are SUPER religious Christians and they're lives are so unfortunate. They don't have the support of their family and are fucking up in school and various things aren't going well for them. And here I am just gliding through without having to worry about those kinds of issues while actively harboring contempt against religion and any possible deity.

in the first season homer seemed more prone to angry outbursts, where later "D'oh" was pretty much the extent of it

Tumblr explosions are way funnier.

Let's pretend just for the sake of this discussion, that Faith is a real thing. That there is a tangible line with God that can be felt and perceived by people that have it, but is otherwise invisible and indeterminable by people that don't.

How would you describe it to someone who was obstinately arguing against its existence? The blind man parallel was really the best analogy I had.

Have you not been paying any kind of attention?

I like the irony in this post.

That was pretty much me too.
My mother didn't like violence at all, but I suppose she didn't mind me playing some video games since it's all fake and I didn't end up becoming violent either.

Religious faith is a real thing. It's a real thing born of indoctrination by family and society.

Noone mentions Xenogears?

>just stop thinking and be a retard once in your life you rational being

Probably the Church of England and Vatican.

I'm perfectly okay with free will not being real.

I think you're the one whose unfortunate, to have all those things, and still be empty enough inside to try to fill your void by being anti-theist.

It's like you're rebelling for your lack of integrity. while trying to wear that lack of integrity like a badge.

Does that mean you're acknowledging that you can't?

Never used to tell my parents what games I played at other people's houses.

Religion is a cheap way to control the masses. It doesn't create culture, civilization or identity.
Sure it helps an already civilized nation by increasing the government's power with the abusal of the public's religious beliefs but it can also be the destroyer of nations by using religious fearmongering in a way to have control and eventually lead to the people's deprogression.

i.e. Islamic Golden Age vs the modern state of islamic nations

Culture is bound by traditions passed through generations, religion is nothing more than comforting humanity's basic fear of the unknown. That is why you see nations converted to a different religion still preserve their old religious rituals even after thousands of years.

Furthermore personal identity is degraded in abrahamic religions by the false promise of a greater good, leading to the believers not caring about the future of their own or their legacy as they believe they are going to be immortal after death.

If Religion is such an amazing cultural civilization force then why does the #1 fear mongering terrorists in the last decade has always been religious fanatics?

Now fuck off back to Cred Forums and never come back.

The word they were looking for is Lo not Low. This image always irritates me.

You posited a scenario where he had to assume both God and faith were real. He couldn't leave atheism subjectivity long enough to even consider it. I'd say that proved your point.

how did Atheism cause the fall of Rome?
how did Atheism cause the fall of the Qing Dynasty?
how did Atheism cause the fall of the Ottoman Empire?
How did Atheism cause the fall of the Han Dynasty?

Out of curiosity, what do the religious guys ITT think of the Shin Megami Tensei series? Would you say that it's blasphemous, or not really a big deal?

Why do the atheists with the poorest understanding of history and society always make the biggest posts with the worst grammar? I'm half certain it's just a religious poster false flagging us to make us look stupid.

Listen faggot, I'm an atheist and even I recognize that the foundation of civilization is built on religion. Now, I have doubts over whether our current civilization necessarily needs it to continue forward, but arguing that western culture isn't deeply rooted in Christianity isn't striking a blow against theists, it's making you and the people you're talking for (IE me) look stupid.

Quit trying to help.

games and all technology are witchcraft.

>anime girl reaction image
>thinks his opinion is fact
>won't even write an argument supporting his claim

pretending to be a retard was never funny

who dictated the "objective morality" of the bible?

protip: it wasnt god

i mean, look at all the instances of objectively horrible things happening to people over minor offences in the bible. that tell us we should propogate these same horrible consequences on people

So many other Jehovah's Witnesses families in this thread.
>be 10
>playing RCT2 on dad's computer (pic related)
>he walks in
>sees me drowning NPCs
>without hesitation, he shoves the monitor off of the desk
>monitor breaks upon impact with the floor
>he rips the disc out of the disc drive, damaging the computer substantially in the process
>he pulls out a lighter, and burns the disc
>a minute later, he's calm like nothing happened
>he never explained why he did that, and I has terrified to ask him
From that day on, I never played video games in the house in fear of my own life.

I see, thanks user.

Nice leap in logic.

>atheism undermined an empire before it collapse
became
>atheism was the SOLE CAUSE of an empire's collapse!

Strawman elsewhere, fucksuck.

>protip: it wasn't god

It literally was though.

>It doesn't create culture, civilization or identity.
As an atheist you can fuck off with that shit. The Sistine Chapel is one of the most beautiful works of art on the planet.

"""""""""Ulster""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Scots"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" not even once.

Why are you giving Glubb so much credit, or citing him like he's the end all be all?

This all started going wrong with the Beatles episode didn't it? Where Ned says they were larger than Jesus.

Tíocfaidh ár lá.

An atheist painted that chapel. No joke.

Personally, I steer clear of it because it's too much on the side of things for me to be comfortable with in regards to my faith, but that's only for me and I'd have other religious folks come to their own personal decisions on the matter. It's more the application of it all rather than the characters being in there that does it for me.

Not a Christian story but fits the theme anyways:
>be around 12
>get PS2 with two games included
>one was Quake dont remember the other
>didnt like it and decide to ask gorehound friend from school if he wants it
>he wants it, we make a deal and all is good
>fast forward a bit
>im at the hospital with my mom visiting a relative when she gets a call
>its my grandma
>shes nuts dont know whats going its all very weird
>mom asks if i gave that game to my friend
>18+(maybe it was even banned here in Germany, don't remember)
>turns out my friends stepdad saw him play the game and immediately took it, rushed to my home and confronted my grandma screaming and shouting how this could be allowed and how she must give back the money
>deal got reverted
>guy later died which sucks cuz my friend really liked him... I think

>And God spoke all these words:
>“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
>You shall have no other gods before me.
>“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
>“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
>“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
>“You shall not murder.
>“You shall not commit adultery.
>“You shall not steal.
>“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
>“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
>When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance and said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die.”

How do you pronounce that anyway?

Except the foundation of civilization is not built on religion. It may be deep rooted in modern Western society but it's not some sort of divine driving force that brought humans into civilization. That's pure propaganda from deluded religious fags.

Human civilization by and large emerged due to agriculture and the main foundation of culture is written language. A civilization can have a strongly organized religion or it can have a collection of loosely organized religions, traditions and rites serving basically the same function.

ok, give me concrete evidence that atheism undermined "every major empire in the history of humanity"

And why are you citing the opinions of some affluent soldier from 50 years ago as if it's the word of god?

It was written a long time after the fact. You guys get so mad about localization changes in vidya but don't worry about that shit being lost in translation?

ITT:
youtube.com/watch?v=aTL0-RH2LfU

Name a single civilization that developed independent of religion. You can't, because there never was one. There's been plenty that developed sans written language or agriculture. The only single unifying force that has been consistent behind every single civilization since the dawn of man is religion.

Still inspired by religion.

I think religion is one of the best inspirations for art. I mean imagine you're religious and some big dick religious figure asks you to paint something for the creator of the universe. You actually have to put your fucking back into it and paint something marvellous rather than taking a shit in a baked beans tin or whatever counts for art these days.

Yeah same. I know a massive atheist, he's cool most of the time but he's such an insufferable cunt when it comes to religion. He goes on a massive tirade against the church every time it's brought up and won't shut up about it.

>anything not written by the source's own hand is fake
Guess you don't believe in science, huh?

>if I can't see it it doesn't exist
Go back to worshiping pepe, you dumb soon to be cuck.

I think the Digital Devil Saga spin-offs might be OK for you if you want a taste of what SMT is like. Apparently those games are based around Hinduism instead of Abrahamic religions.

If someone did clinical trials and then had it written down decades or centuries later I'd find it highly suspect yes. And there have been things changed with further editions.

chucky-arr-law

>Michelangelo
>An atheist
Holy shit. How wrong can one user be?
He was most likely gay but he remained a highly religious person.

>mom is a hardcore Jehova's witness
>the elders in the kingdom hall she goes to tell her pokemon means "demonio de bolsillo" (pocket demon)
>try to explain that it just means pocket monster
>she says that it's the same thing and that she won't go against the elder's teachings.
>she throws all my pokemon cards and games

I still can't get over it, I fucking loved pokemon back then, and thanks to her and her religion I had to give up on my favorite game.

Religious people is fucking retarded.

Are you asking because you really want the information, or are you asking so that you can argue semantics against all evidence and move the goalposts to suggest that while damaging, it wasn't the SOLE reason? Because I'm about exhausted having this exact same conversation over and over.

kek, I like how you can't even back up your own argument.

Yep, religion definitely inspires people to create masterpieces.

You understand that story makes you seem like a pisspants petulant child, right?

Why do you and Cred Forums value the collective over the individual so much?

>its a youtube comments tier religious debate on Cred Forums episode

Different user, but I have to agree with him. Michelangelo is famous for his religious paintings and sculptures and was historically very pious. This whole "look for secret DaVinci Code messages in his paintings! he was a seekrit atheist!" is a new thing, and so goddamn cringeworthy it makes me embarrassed for all atheism.

Because he had an innocent hobby, and his mother told him that it was evil and took it away from him despite lack of legitimate evidence?

So exactly how did religion unify ancient Babylon, Chinese, Egyptian and Indian civilization?

Granted these civilization all had some forms of religion as did all other civilizations but that is simple correlation as in religion is a byproduct of civilization.

All major civilizations also had written law, why is that not the unifying force? All of them also had complex burial rites, why not that? The fact is there is just no reason to think religion is so essential to ALL human society past and present.

>parents are super christian
>dad is heavily into early PC scene late 80's
>he is also into the early piracy scene where he met up with couriers from europe to copy games and programs
>i always had a boatload of free pc games to play growing up
>first it was disks then cd's.
>first game i remember playing was doom
>dad tells me i'm doing god's service killing demons in the game
>germans were bad with the jews so killing them in ww2 games was not bad either
>encouraged me to play as or keep one priest in my party for RPG's

My dad was pretty based when i was growing up. Unlimited free vidya and teached me to build my first PC at the age of 6 in 1998. Been upgrading it since then. Changed case a few times but i still got the old simple grey case lying around.

>an attempt of restoration of a painting
>uses this as an example
You sure are rustling jimmies here, user.

First of all I'm not talking for you or trying to help you stop putting yourself on such a high pedestal noone gives a fuck who you are. I don't know if you're trying to falseflag or not.

If you honestly think civilization is built on religion you're absolutely stupid. It's one of the traditions that pass through generations, that's true but it's in no way the building blocks of any civilization.

It's just an easy way to control a mass group of people by touching one of their very basic primitive instincts, nothing more.

Saying Religion is the foundation blocks of civilization is as stupid as Folklore Dancing is the foundation block of civilization. Yes it existed for a long time and has been almost synonymous with the people's culture but it's in no way something to be basing off your civilization to.

>Name a single civilization that developed independent of religion.
Most eastern asian countries (China, Japan etc.)
Any secular nation
World doesn't just consist of western europe and america you know.

Not the simpsons, but I also look at Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Originally, he was just an uptight foil to Will, but later seasons turned him into a goofy cartoon character that has his own iconic (goofy) dance and has his own super uncool interests.

>Cred Forums is collectivist

Confirmed for not knowing the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you'd want to include a complaint about all the feminists on Cred Forums too?

I like how you group atheists together like they're a religious institution. I think it's funny.

I'm asking you to stop backpedaling and back up your claims. You can't just state that every major empire was undermined by Atheism and then hope everyone will believe your bullshit sensationalism

Remember: atheists believe in themselves.
a.k.a their own assholes

>parent is trying to raise a child in the best way she knows how
>right or wrong determines a game is a bad influence
>WTF I HATE CHRISTIANITY NAO; FUK U MOM

If that was how you found your way to atheism, I'd just make something else up entirely.

>dad's side of the family are Jehovah's Witnesses
>didn't really care what games I played
>even violent games were fine as long as I knew the difference between real life actions and video game actions
>the church/congregation were chill too even though I didn't go as often as my family did
Did I luck out? All I hear are horror stories about Jehovah's Witnesses, but I never really witnessed any of them.

Well, I was a kid back then, but it still hurts to this day because I just can't see how some anime monsters are seen as a gateway to satan.

It was really traumatic to see my hard earned cards dissapear because of what some religious person said.

>1000 years of virtually no technological advancement
>"all least they painted some of their churches"

I don't see how it's invalid, friend.

A faithful and pious woman did her part for her church and took it upon herself to restore Christ's image. As we can see, her faith and desire to please the Lord didn't make her efforts any less of a trainwreck.

You guys only seem to care about strengthening traditional values and society etc and there's not a ton of room there for people who don't give a fuck. I've never seen one of you guys have a "live and let live" attitude. You sound like you're preaching some asian collectivist shit half the time.

So this invalidates religion?

>how did this shared belief system that predated the rise of their civilization and became the focal point of their civilization contribute to the rise of that civilization

Is that a real question? I mean, I'd thought you'd at least look toward the more recent civilizations where religion was a little less the absolute cornerstone of every facet of the civilization.

That sounds more like a major character shift rather than turning a character into their own caricature.

Not all major civilizations had written law. The Incas, for example. And burial rites are religious.

>tfw growing up in religious family of christians
>let me play whatever I want as long as it wasn't Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter

If anything, they made sure I grew up with good taste and not western ham planet bait.

>live in small indiana town
>no mom, dad's working all the time
>babysit by borderline religious fanatics
>i'm like 10, their daughter is 9, she's an annoying twit but I try to be nice
>the father is bro-tier
>he gets diablo 2
>pulls me into their den and asks if i wanna play
>i can only play as paladin but I'm OK with this
>we bond over D2

D2 also let me see the first pair of tits in my life from my next babysitter. But she was a chubby 16 year old slag who said 'it was too hot to play in clothes' and took her shirt and bra off while she was playing.

What? No, that was never my argument, compadre. It's simply an argument against your point that religion is more likely to inspire a better artist.

It invalidates her skills as an artist.

>in the best way she knows how

How are some monsters made for kids harmful? How is making a kid abandon his harmless hobby good?

And where did I say I hate christianity? Now that I'm an adult I can say that her concept of christianity is broken and that many of the things she did because of religion were wrong, some things were right and some weren't, that's how it is for highly fanatical people.

Could it be that you're a Jehova's witness?

>LotR
I never understood this one. Tolkien tried to cram in as many biblical equivalents in his stories as was possible, and all in a good way. But I've even heard of some Christian parents refusing to let their kids read Narnia.

My family isn't so much religious but they did send me to a private Christian school.
The 90's/Early 2000's were strange.
Recently though my mother's been on a religious kick and actually goes to church again, earlier this year I went with her on Mother's Day because she asked and felt extremely out of place.
The only enjoyable part while I was there was when they started singing songs or whatever and one kept saying "Our God is Healer" and my mind kept thinking "That must be why Jesus was on the cross, he was the Tank."

He didn't mention that he told his mom "fuck you". You added that in a poor attempt to strawman him. Whether he's an atheist or not isn't really about the parent refusing to let their child play a game. Some parents don't let their children play games because they think it rots their brain or something. The point that's being made is that parents in very religious sects of Christianity such as Jehovah's Witnesses blindly condemn pieces of media despite any legitimate evidence. And guess what, that makes the children think. It makes them start to think that maybe their parents are blindly following something, and maybe they should think twice before doing them same.

>user says it doesn't create culture
>but what about the greatest paintings ever produced
>but technology
I never said anything about tech

>Most eastern asian countries (China, Japan etc.)
China and Japan have religions you stupid mong. Even in its earliest per-Confuscinism days, the Chinese worshiped the Shang-Ti. And the Japanese worshiped their Emperor as divine as part of their Shinto religion since their culture began.

>Any secular nation
Name one.

My mom was concerned about Starcraft being satanic until I explained that they were aliens, not demons. I had to hide Diablo from her. I had Mortal Kombat taken away from me too. Other than that it wasn't too bad.

>leading to the believers not caring about the future of their own or their legacy as they believe they are going to be immortal after death.

read genesis to see how wrong you are

>If Religion is such an amazing cultural civilization force then why does the #1 fear mongering terrorists in the last decade has always been religious fanatics

because a muslim terrorist group wont suddenly become atheist in 10 years?

My bad.
I should really get into drawing, and no I won't do anime garbage (besides one certain artstyle from an obscure airplane game).

>muh culture
Sorry, buddy. Retarded technological advancement is a sign that the culture is cancerous.

Did they fuck?

>that must be why jesus was on the cross, he was the tank
Oh my fucking sides

>You guys get so mad about localization changes in vidya but don't worry about that shit being lost in translation?

the bible has barely changed. the hebrews took the first 5 books very seriously. it hasnt changed significantly since like 500 bc

Well, what is the religion that predated ancient China and became its focal point and cornerstone of all its facets? There is no evidence of that happening universally.

>hasn't significantly changed since 500 bc

And then it was translated into medieval European languages, only keeping the favorite parts of the European kings.

It's harmful because the mother didn't want her son playing it. Your personal incredulity doesn't factor in. Just like if your son wanted to HRT to a girl at 4 because his friend was and he wanted to be popular, other "progressive" people being outraged at your parenting and refusing to do something so "harmless" shouldn't be an impact.

And nah, I'm somewhere between a lapsing Calvinist and budding Catholic.

>It's just an easy way to control a mass group of people by touching one of their very basic primitive instincts, nothing more

if you are referring to the fear of death, you should know the earliest known religion (mesopotamian religion) portrayed the underworld as an unpleasant place to be.

Every copy of the bible was manually written out until the printing press was invented around 1440

They were basically playing a game of telephone for 1500 years, you'd be a damn fool to think that the original copy is word for word what we see it as today

I'm agnostic. Don't really care one way or another what people are as long as it isn't specifically jammed down my throat.

>parents making decisions i don't agree with makes them sheep
>these people over here tell me to blindly follow them so i wont be sheep like my parents
>now i see the truth. they thought they saw the truth, but my truth is the truthiest.
>why cant people believe what i believe, why are they such sheep?

>the bible has barely changed
It's been translated through about four languages, some of which don't even share linguistic roots. Even if the actual content is unchanged, which is highly unlikely given the catholic church's habit of making alterations to suit their own dogma, the context of the original writings would be completely lost in the process.

I my whole life have questioned the very fabric of reality.
>What is my purpose?
>Who am i?
>Where do i come from?
>What am i?
>How do i move my arms?
>How do i think?
>What does it mean to feel?
>Where do i go after death?
>Why do i feel emotions?
>Why is the reality i live in the way it is?
>Why cant i do things like create and manifest into the reality that i live in?
>Are the people i see even real?
>Am i even real?
>Does anything even matter?
>What is the purpose of any of this?
>Why do i suffer?
I'm going to give you the tl:dr version of my life.
I was born a male in this life. To a family of 7.
I was always different then everyone. not special, but different. I saw the evil in this world and didnt like it. I am a mixed child (a Black father and white mother). I never understood racism, we're all the same. growing up i saw people lie, cheat, steal, sin. I never enjoyed life, but one day my father who wasnt the kindest of fathers took notice and said "Why are you always sad? Smile." So i did. My older brother was a bully who would make my hell, but i would smile. My mother neglected me, never understanding her son and showing the love she offered to her other children, but i smiled. My father was never there for me, but i smiled. My younger brother was influenced by my older brother and would soon join in on making my life hell, but i smiled. I didnt have much friends, but i had a small group always every grade who would be there for me and teach e lessons in life by just existing. I had a pet rabbit who the whole family neglected till one day he died after years of providing luck to us, i cried. I would soon enter a school confused about reality. My younger brother would contract a illness that is deadly, so i decided to forgive him. I've always been grateful for the things ive had cause i did not have much.

After entering this school i was succumbed to judgmental individuals who were still immature in life. They would make my life hell, all ive ever wanted was to make others happy. to make them smile and understand how beautiful life is. I'm not perfect.

why is burden of proof thrown out the window in religious debates? a positive claim needs proof, or the reasonable assumption would be the negative

i like many have sin. I would try my best to guide the individuals at this school. To educate them that there are more than one perspectives in life. that its better to always focus on the positive. I was mocked, judged, made fun of, hurt, hated, and belittled for only trying to make them happy. everyday was hell. they would gang up on me. people who i valued, and called friends would call me nigger, dirty, weird, freak, psycho, terrorist, gay, dumb, lair, etc even tho i would never harm another being. I eventually gave up. I did act different after a while, but it was only after i realized that being nice wasn't working, maybe i was too different in my ideals and that i should be like my peers. After doing exactly how they treated me to them, they mocked me even more. "Oh he's just pretending to be nice, he's just a weird lying asshole," but at this point nothing i said would of satisfied them. I found this girl attractive and i did so, but nothing more then just an attraction. I told people who i thought i could trust, but they made it their effort to broadcast my love to her. Friends i held deer to my heart would "try" to set me up with her. She thought i was some weird crazy haired stalker. I eventually just stopped going to school. I never graduated. After taking a year long reflection of my life, i can say whole hearty that while most people would curse god for "making them suffer," but i only love my lord. Everything that has happened to me was my doing, good and bad, my FREE WILL to do as such. The pain i have indured have made me stronger. Nobody i know has ever come as close to the perception of life than i, granted i am not special, everyone is a child of god, but you undergo these things in life to grow. The infinte knowledge bestow upon me by the lord has granted me access in teaching others his power. While others scoff at reality,

nah, I call bullshit but whatever.

It's like you don't have a point anymore. So someone has to follow a belief their entire life, because not doing so makes them edgy?
kek, yeah, user should have just went on believing his games were products of the devil or something.

Again, the oldest records we have in China are for the Shang dynasty where they were religious. There MIGHT have been a predating dynasty, but there's no historical evidence for them or any religious beliefs they might've had, either in favor of or against.

But again, the earliest recorded Chinese shows religious being a cornerstone for their civilization.

they cant even answer the basics. Some fear me, as i "know too much" as when i speak you'd think of me as some sort of divine entity, but really it's all god doing. I soon am to embark on a spiritual quest on foot. To teach others how to manifest their being and bless and enrich themselves in love as that is what is gods will.
While arguably yes it is nice that we have McDonald, technology, money, cars, etc. There is also a nother' path in life where traveling can be done in a much effective way, where you can go over to a neighbors house and have fun and be family, even sleep over as that is how comfortable society is with one another, but not just the humans, but ll life itself will be bless. Animals, nature, eveythings! Nothing will be tainted. No more sorrow. No more living day by day life a body with no spirit. Everyone will be loving to each other. Grateful to be alive. I thank you all for being alive. Be made witness of user, the boy he took the first step.

are you on the spectrum?

>only keeping the favorite parts of the European kings.

you just pulled that out of your ass didn't you

at least research the bullshit you believe

Yes. The answer to all that seek is Love user.

Yeah that's fine too. I'm not personally religious at all.