What's the best Mega Man power of all time and why is it Gravity Man's power?

What's the best Mega Man power of all time and why is it Gravity Man's power?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QMwZOa6wfH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks Dr. Wily.

>implying is not the weapon that literally breaks its own game and pretty much makes it a cakewalk

Pick literally any weapon in Megaman 9 and you have a strong contender.

This is one of the reasons why 2 is not a good MM game.

If you're talking in game Metal Man. If you're talking in real life situations Flash Man.

Appreciate it Doc

MM2 is still a pretty good game, but it's dragged down by the shitty weapon selection among other things.

Lads help
I'm trying to do all the legacy collection challenges and I can do every boss rush no items except 3. How the fuck do I beat shadowman

MM2 is a fine game apart from this abomination.
Fuck this level!

It's a good game, it's just not one of the better Mega Man games due to its terrible weapon imbalance.

You get gud. Shadow Man is the ultimate scrub killer.

I am a scrub though, it's like bashing my head against a wall, I just can't do it, there must be some gimmick

>I'm trying to do all the legacy collection challenges
Challenges? I don't have the legacy collection, what are these challenges you speak of?

FUCKING BEES!

They are usually a mash up of parts from levels or boss rushes that kind of thing. The last two I haven't done (there are 50) is the all robot rush with no items and mega man 3 robot rush with no items

Are they fun enough to warrant getting the legacy collection on steam if I've already played through 1-6 on the nes?

Who do you guys think got the better boss weapons, OG megaman or X?
I'd go with X just because X2's weapon selection was so good.

Yeah, they've given me a lot of entertainment. Be warned though, to get gold medals you literally need to use glitches most of the time. Watching the replays of the top 10 scorers helped me do this but it's impossible otherwise. You can also put an old TV filter over the game for nostalgia

>Hadoken
>Shoryuken
>Z-Saber
X, it's not even a question

Not the best but a personal favorite of mine.

The only reason people hate MM2 is because critics overrated the game to much to the point of fan backlash.

Does anyone really hate MM2?

Thanks Doctor Man

I don't hate MM2, I just hate idiots that think it's better than MM3.

Forgot the pic
Speed burner was my shit, you can just fly across the level if you used it right
I wasn't even considering all the secret weapons

Eh, it's hard to bash Megaman 2 for having an unbalanced weapon selection when Megaman 3's is just lame.

I don't hate it, and I played it before gaming critics we're as widespread (NES Cart at time of release). The weapon balance is just bad, bad enough to make the game rank lower than later games. It's a good game, just not the greatest example of Mega Man.

There is nothing wrong with Megaman 3's weapons.

If i had a fatal illness and i only had time in my life to play one megaman X game, which should it be?

X

Either X2 or X4

>Top Spin is unreliable and dangerous
>Spark Shot is literally useless
>Everything else is generic

If I were to spend this weekend replaying/first time playing the mega man series should I just nes emulator it up? What about the game boy games?

I heard I should stop being X6 or X5

X for memorable OST
X4 for the gameplay and Magma Dragoon

I'd like to say X5, but damn that X vs Zero fight was such a letdown. The hype died a thousand deaths thanks to the retarded AI

Avoid Megaman X6, it's pretty bad. X5 is also bad but it at least gives you some closure.

Mega Man V on Game Boy is actually fairly original, you might want to check that out. Otherwise just stick to the NES games.

Sounds like someone is just a little bit bum blistered that 3 didn't have a brain dead easy mode kill everything in sight while using barely any ammo weapon.

Check the /emugen/ wiki for emulator recs, if you want the original experience (i.e. slowdown and glitches) play the Legacy collection.

You can skip the GB games, play X from 1 to 5 then play the Zero collection on DS. You'll get the whole story this way and you'll experience how the gameplay evolved.

X

Most powers in Megaman games are actually pretty lame. They're often just really shitty projectiles that are worse than the Mega Buster.

I think the most interesting power in the entire series is Pharaoh Shot. Charging up and throwing a spirit bomb is just cool. It probably even predates DBZ too.

>should I just nes emulator it up
yeah, Capcom also released a collection of megeman 1-6 recently.
>What about the game boy games
they go from medoicre to ass, don't feel bad for skipping em.
>I heard I should stop being X6 or X5
Just keep going and if you don't like them then don't play them. As a long time fan of the series X6 has actually grown on me.

Nah, look at Megaman 9 if you want to see weapons done right.
The weapons there are far more interesting than Megaman 3's standard projectiles, and they were all highly useful in different ways with no weapon being particularly broken.

I don't know if you mean Megaman classic or Megaman in general. X had some pretty sweet weapons. And their powered up versions.

Thanks Doc

But that's Wild Coil, and Gravity Hold is shit anyways

The best weapon would probably have to be Black Hole Bomb.

>They're often just really shitty projectiles that are worse than the Mega Buster
List some. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any that are immediately worse than the Mega Buster, as long as you ignore their energy cost.

Spark Shock

will there ever be a MM11 or a new X?

How will you possibly beat Magnet Man without it?

>fire up some MM8BDM a few days back
>server is hosting the latest classes mod
>Evil Robot is playable

Use Magnet Missile, he's weak to it too

>Top Spin is unreliable and dangerous

>"I used top spin once against an enemy immune to it and depleted all the ammo like a retard therefore it's useless"

>It's a "Roll's Chaos Generator" episode
>It's a "Guy picking the mods knows about Ultimate Gauntlet" episode

Neato thanks anons

Fuck, can't be as bad as that Saxton Hale cancer that took over the entire server list back in the day.

It's pretty great, actually.
youtube.com/watch?v=QMwZOa6wfH0
And this isn't even the newest version.

>Use Magnet Missile, he's weak to it too
how will you use magnet missile against him before you defeat him

Is this supposed to be some sort of zen riddle? You have to use the second controller cheats.

This is now a Megas thread. Who is the most tragic robot master?

It's actually the Megabuster

>newest version
TIME TO REV UP THOSE BUSTERS

Allowing you to charge boss weapons will always make me like X games more than OG.

>cheats
LOL!

>still no fucking Splash Woman

Thank you doctor.

>list some
Spark Shock is pretty shit, yeah. But the rest of the MM3 line-up is good, especially once you start using Top Spin correctly.

X

If I had the illness and only had the time to replay one X game, I'd pick X3

MM8 Mega Ball.

this guy knows whats up

How are you supposed to learn when to use the Top Spin when in most cases you just get punished for attempting it?

Didn't mention the rest of the MM3 weapons, Spark Shock is the worst.

Other useless ones: Time Stopper, Gravity Hold, Charge Kick, Flame Blast, Break Dash

>The Megas
Get out of here gramps, the Belmonts are the new hotness.

That's what I call my broken condoms.

I dunno. Internet?

They could have done an X album. Castlevania music isn't even that good.

Elecman power, Freeze Cracker and Ice Spike are my personal favorites
Then you have overrated powers like most from Megaman 9, Metal Blade and Shadow Blade.

>Castlevania music isn't even that good.

>SHUT UP MOM THE GAME IS POLISHED AND SUPER TESTED!

I like X music better too, but cmon son you can't be sayin that

>Fuck this level!
The level was fine, the boss on the other hand, wasn't, you had to kill Joes to recover the energy for Crash Bombs if you fucked up the first time.

Easily Needle Man.

Air Man had a similar dilemma but lashed out at to world because of it. Deep down Needle Man just wanted to be a bro but he couldn't prevent himself from hurting others, so much so that he welcomed his killer into his home just so he wouldn't be lonely.

I think we can all agree on the best robot master right?

please guys
I've been playing since I posted this
please help

Shadowman is not the hardest when Needleman exist in the same game, you must git gud.

Needleman is fucking easy though

That's pretty good. When did archie comics become so based?

You got that right. Not even a weeb and I know he's the best.

Design-wise Tenguman is better.

Tenguman is an over designed piece of shit that would appeal to 6 year olds.

Right game, wrong robro.

Thanks doc

Shadowman is more predictable than Needleman
You need keep shooting at Shadowman while he's jumping, you must have reflexes to dodge his slidding, which does more damage than his shurikens.

Well thanks for some advice I'll keep trying

So.. uh.. You like.. flashing yourself?

>and they were all highly useful in different ways with no weapon being particularly broken.
I thought Jewel Satelite was broken in 9.

Jewel Satellite was pretty powerful, but all of the weapons were really useful. Look at Splash Trident and Concrete Shot for example.

Nothing was so much better than the rest that it made using anything else pointless.

True, most of them were, but there were other weapons I didn't like that much, I like Plug Ball, but I don't use that much, and Tornado Blow literally blows (outside of moving platforms) , sometimes I can't even kill Magmaman even after using the four times.

Tornado Blow is really useful for platforming since it makes you jump higher. Plug Ball is probably the weakest though.

Does Water Ball from MM8 count?
Or Oilman power on Powered Up?