Bioshock Infinite

Why does 99% of the gaming community hail this as a masterpiece? It feels like a huge step down from the Bioshock series as a whole, reducing plasmids to little abilities that can only be used for VERY specific situations instead of just being superpowers that you shot at people, as well as making you only capable of holding onto two weapons. Is it the story that does it for everyone? It doesn't seem all that remarkable, if anything it bastardizes what made the last two great games.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>reducing plasmids to little abilities that can only be used for VERY specific situations instead of just being superpowers that you shot at people
>hold and release to lay a trap

None of the bio shocks are that great. None of them did anything ground breaking and the stories are meh at best.
Overrated/10

This, play pic related instead

I liked it more than the original cause it doesn't plays like shit compared to the original. that is, figh me

Reduce the number to a more realistic level (say, 80%) and suddenly a possibility for a plausible explanation presents itself: most people who liked it are newcomers who haven't played any of the classics (in much broader scope than Bioshock 1/2 at that) and as such are fundamentally unable to have an educated judgement and are completely at mercy of their first impressions and marketers.

Or maybe the game was great and you people just keep finding an excuse to hate on it so you can convince yourself that you're not sheeps.

It was creative is why. Only the contrarian Cred Forumsirgins think it was bad. But what can you expect from a board of underage edgesters.

Just because you had fun playing a game doesn't make it "great". it objectively has less content than the other bio-shocks. i had fun playing infinite too. that is the one time i played it. it has no replay-ability, i have played bioshock one a dozen times ans the system shocks series even more is one of the easiest games i have ever played even on max difficulty. normies like you need to get the fuck out of Cred Forums f you can't be analytical of a game you are enjoying

Murder of crows and a shotgun can insta-fuck pretty much anyone in any situation. Even more with the nest upgrade. Most of the tonics are fucking useless.

Oh, so replayability means a games great? So all multiplayer games are head and heels above single player games, right? Fuck off yourself. Saying a game isn't worth it because you stop playing after you beat it. That's stupid as shit.

no that's just one of the many reasons it isn't anywhere as good as bioshock.

the writing is lower quality. the ending is a copout. the game is short. the characters uninteresting.

the plasmids are boring and contrived

the design is some of the most linear game design i have seen, while at the same time wasting the fact that all of the buildings are floating and can switch positions . you can literally play the game with your brain on zombiemode it's so easy
not that it doesn't have good qualitys.

the theme, while not as dark and isolating as bioshock. is still interesting, worshiping the founding fathers as messiahs etc.

i know you like the game man. but you can't be this delusional

>reposting the exact same thread day after day

Did you guys know that most of reddit's r/Games has a similar opinion to Cred Forums about this game?

Strip all the story and context away from Infinite and you get an average shooter.

The gameplay, as an FPS, was good. So most unbiased reviewers gave it average scores for being a good game on it's own. But, as a bioshock game, it's piss poor. Most brand reviewers took payouts from 2K, or were so enthralled by the unique setting they just wanted to give it a high score. As for the fanbase, it's unique so kids ate it up like they eat up every other cartoon. The same thing is happening with We Happy Few (a game which I backed), the forums is 99% kiddies who are already excreting terrible OC art and the game isn't even out yet.

The thing is, think of videogames as cartoons. This will make understanding fandoms, as well as over the top rationalizations of shit games, much easier.

I played it again just today, it's not great. It's COD but with slightly larger levels.

>Why does 99% of the gaming community hail this as a masterpiece?

Do they? I thought the game had a mixed to negative reception outside of critics. I know I see it get a lot of flak in NeoGAF threads.

metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite

metacritic: 94
user score: 8.5

it's considered a "top ten of all time" game by many people

I've had the first and second Bioshock in my library for years. I got bored of the first game after a couple of hours, on the hardest difficulty. Are the other two any better? More FUN? I may just play through the first one if so.

>Game Informer Mar 25, 2013
>Dealing with themes like religion, racism, and xenophobia, Columbia is a richer and more nuanced setting than even Rapture, and the unveiling of the city’s culture is masterfully executed.
>100/100

>Machinima
>With the release of BioShock Infinite, developer Irrational has delivered a bigger story, more polished experience, and created two similar-yet-separate games that can co-exist and remain equal in quality. When the history of videogames is written, not one, but two BioShocks will be remembered for pushing gameplay, story, and subject matter to new levels.
>100/100

>IGN
>The PC version, as run on mid-range hardware, makes no such visual compromises, with gorgeous high-resolution textures, detailed faces, and smooth performance...A brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay.
>95/100

>Videogamer
>It is fascinating, and also boring. It is important, yet forgettable. Its world is enticing and unappealing. It attempts to move things forward, yet is in places stuck in the past. For a game that has the potential to open up the franchise up to a multitude of different ideas and interpretations, BioShock Infinite can feel curiously limited.
>80/100

bioshock 2 has the better gameplay, bioshock 1 thought it was a horror game

infinite is a a dull corridor FPS

2 is a buggy, crashing mess.
Shut up about it.

worked perfect fine on consoles.

I pirated it and it worked fine enough on a pirated copy of windows 7.

worked fine for me on pc

I don't think anyone has played this game more than once.

I've played it like 3 times to get the platinum.

You must have the patience of a saint.

It's more enjoyable on the harder difficulties.