>youtube.com/watch?v=NnuFNnNSFC4

TGS gameplay:
>youtu.be/nM1K86EPb7Y?t=708

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EsaEZe_wfJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-9RE3WYa6fk
youtube.com/watch?v=cb424eDrGCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This looks fucking terrible. I still have no idea how they could kill such a promising concept after the first game.

This is no longer turn based, is it?

>no raita

no

I can see why they went this route even though I preferred VC1. Essentially VC1 felt extremely "geeky." You were all in similar uniforms and used proper guns (well besides Lancers) like a normal military unit. Not enough individuality. Now you've got Edgy McBeltbuckle here with his sword that's bigger than his entire body. This is what sells in Japanese games.

>that scorpion boss fight with the silky smooth 10fps

Don't worry, it'll be 30 fps on PS4pro.

UPGRADE TODAY!

God Eater x Valkyria looks pretty I guess.

>threw out the combat design
>threw out the art design
>from the creators of the shitty, later Shining games
Ready for Valkyria to go the way of Shining Force? Degenerated into a garbage ARPG that has nothing in common with the games it claims to be a successor to.

Why did they throw everything that made VC unique to go with this Tales shit?

Why don't they just drop the res to 720p. It seems like they have no idea what they're doing technically so they might as well

I guess I should be glad the franchise isn't dead and buried and is back on consoles.

But this looks awful. The franchise has always been weebshit, but this is hyper weebshit. Just look at this faggot and compare him to Welkin. And the gameplay changes look terrible too.

How much of this is new? I never played 2 and 3 due to them being handheld and never released outside Japan. I know opinions on them were mixed, but I don't remember hearing anything this bad about them.

what about the rumours of PC port?

any news?

they just cant stop themselves from overdesigning everything to full NEET potential

This is very different from the PSP games. I assume this is a different dev team being given the IP. Who knows where the real VC devs are.

I know peecee gamers like to eat shit like Neptunia up but please don't buy this

This looks like absolute shit. As if we need another edgy black haired protagonist with a giant fucking anime sword. I know that this isn't related to the main series but it still feels like a stupid move. This is going to be worse than the anime adaption of the first game with the ntr subplot shoehorned in for no reason.

No wonder Fromsoft is the only dev to bring ARPGs out of Japan successfully.

>All they had to do was take the gameplay of the first game and make another
>They don't do it
Why

>don't buy this

dunno, if i ever buy it, will be for dirty cheap
i just want to know if they will really port, since fuck, half the series is portable ffs, i find it highly unlikely, but i've heard such rumours and anything more, no deny, confirmation, nothing

What the hell did they do to the series? This just looks like an extremely shitty Gears of War instead of the tactical RPG I remember. If you're gonna go the shooter route, at least make it play well instead of like it's still a SRPG but in real-time.

Fuck you Sega.
Fuck you.

You had an amazing IP with great potential, and you drove it straight into the ground.

>love the gameplay in VC
>hate how cliche and anime the story and main cast is

>they dropped the gameplay
>kept shitty chiches instead

>I have never heard of Secret of Mana, Ys or Monster Hunter
Fromsoft just got lucky with their timing, making a difficult game right around the time people were getting bored of every big budget game being a pushover. Nothing about their games is remarkable.

Game will sell like gangbusters in Japan because they like shit eating mashy ARPG combat

Of course it'll get ported, it's a PS4 game that isn't published by Sony, they always get ported.

>No raita

Yeah....No, Also moving from to ARPG is stupid.

First two never made it big in the west. Monhun isn't really an RPG. It's a huntan gaem. RPGs have plots and worlds, not hallways with boss arenas.

>RPGs have plots
Guess that disqualifies souls.

Hurr

savage

m8, VC is hardly anime in comparison to most JRPGs (e.g. this turd).

Did they get rid of the edges of the screen looking like unfinished drawings? I loved that shit.

If you want to call the structure of "you should go kill a thing. Great job, you killed a thing, go kill another thing elsewhere" a plot, you can, doesn't mean it's remotely interesting or involving to anyone that isn't a lore autist.

Yes. They just kept the Valkyria name to sucker in clueless fans. It might as well be a whole new game in a different world, that also has ragnite.

>think game series is dead
>new game announced
>it looks terrible
Why does this happen every time?

>wanting more raita abominations
Getting rid of that hack is the only good decision Sega made with this series.

From the looks of it, this one went full anime. Just look at the MC.

You forgot about...THE MONUMENTAL

He tells you the STORY of the DEMONS' SOULS world!

Raita isn't bad when someone reels him in, his mahou shoujo series is just a case of him having absolute freedom so he goes full Auschwitz survivor mode with balloons strapped to chests.

>remove raita
>copies selvaria
>except that make her fat

>"improvement"

Get ready for this series to become Sega's Tales/Asscreed

it's been terrible since the first game lmao

>only one Ass Creed each year
obviously fake

Can't wake up

CAN'T WAKE UP

lol wut

>the main heroine is the most boring looking character in the game
>decide to get rid of the one thing that made her good

Tbh those all look like good as fuck games senpai esp jewel of the Jews

Where did it all go wrong? The first game had it's problems, but if Sega kept building on it while keeping the core mechanics similar they could have had a successful franchise going. The series was doomed the moment they released the sequel on the PSP.

I think being co-developed on the Vita really hurt it.

Great. Now it's just a shitty action game. It doesn't even look fun.

ayyy ur lmao

>mc has now a xbox hueg sword instead of tank

What went wrong?

Nigga the vita didn't even exist when VC2 and 3 were made.

He looks cool, just the right amount of belts for maximum coolness and you can never go wrong with long coat. Weapons handle and hilt looks pretty badass too but the blade is just a big kitchen knife.
I give it 8/10.

>Where did it all go wrong?

They associated this with Valkyria Chronicles when they clearly just wanted another JRPG. To team's credit they HAVE made some big changes according to tester feedback.

Basically, it sold very poorly. So they doubled down on bankable elements and downgraded it to psp. Hence the atrocious sequel and the passable third one that still suffers from anime cancer and psp visuals.

I genuinely have no idea wtf they were thinking with this one.

genius im talking about azure.

This will sell the game to many pathetic people.

This is almost beautiful in how retardedly cliche it is.

>It has fucking wizards and shit

i think they could use a few more belts desu senpai

>The series was doomed the moment they released the sequel on the PSP.
literally the worst thing about that was that it was a conscious decision. original game did not do poorly, even though majority of sales were in the west. sega simply made the brilliant decision to cater to psp which was dead in the west and stronger in japan.

Well at least the game has a delicious brown now. That's always something.

Why'd you say "after the first game" then?

>eating shit

There's a valkyria chronicles 2 and 3? Where the fuck have I been??

Guy was talking about how horrible azure looks which is developed on vita/ps4 which the first game wasnt. So i obviously wasnt talking about the first game.

Do yourself a favor and forget they exist.

>that outfit
A little underwhelming, but it generally looks fine and the belts aren't too excessive.
>giant sword
That's retarded, but it's not the worst thing they could have done.
>glowing demon arm
Are you shitting me?

I WOULD BE COMPLETELY FINE WITH IT IF IT WERE A FUCKING PREQUEL IN THE EQUIVALENT OF STEAMPUNK NAPOLEONIC EUROPA WHEN MAGIC ARMIES WERE STILL DEPLOYED EN MASSE TO COMBAT MECHASPIDER CAVALRY FORMATIONS.

I WOULD BE COMPLETELY FINE WITH IT IF THERE WERE A LEGITIMATE FUCKING EXCUSE FOR WHY IM NOT GETTING MY FUCKING TANKS BACK.

VC3 had a pretty good story and your nakama were really based.

Sadly it's Japanese only and who knows what the fan translation status is like now.

>Significant improvements have been made to the game systems, and development is going well.

>The battle system has changed significantly, but concepts such as tactics-style battles haven’t changed at all.

>Since battles can be stopped at any time, players who aren’t good at action games will be OK.

>The difficulty is still being adjusted, but since you can stop time, they’re thinking about making enemy attacks severe to some extent.

>It’s an RPG through and through, so you’ll be able to fight adequately with minimal instruction. However, it’s suggested you try various things while fighting since beneficial effects can be triggered in allies when battles are in your favor.

>A PS Vita version was announced after hearing the demand from so many fans. They’re trying to make sure that there aren’t any differences from the PlayStation 4 version.

That's what made vc great. You were a group. You had your favourites maybe not because they were the best, but they had a match saving kill at a crucial point.

exist, they are harder than the first one too

but have some serious problem like being even more animu, and rehashed maps

you can emulate both too

>>A PS Vita version was announced after hearing the demand from so many fans. They’re trying to make sure that there aren’t any differences from the PlayStation 4 version.

I see, 10 fps on both platforms, wonderful thing.

But shit smells like casualized garbage, I'm not optimist for the game but i will look forward to it.

>Sadly it's Japanese only and who knows what the fan translation status is like now
finished, but there is a huge quality drop after a few chapters in

God Damn it looks awful. Ill probably buy it, but God Damn.

Nice video game character you got here, guys. Mind if I join the party?

>>A PS Vita version was announced after hearing the demand from so many fans.

It looks like shit but at least it's only a spinoff.

>promising
A really REALLY poor man's X-com is not promising. The storybook art was fine, but the game itself was awful.

They murdered this franchise after just one game and have been dragging around its corpse for three more. Fucking hell, Sega.

They were still turn based, but on tiny tiny maps with a high school anime thrown in
Or at least 2 was, dunno about 3

Literally why? If they were going to fuck over the entire series, at least keep Raita so he can give us more semen demons.

Only going to pick this up if I can actually pick notSelvaria as a love interest.

>implying RNG spec ops grid simulator was superior

You only think that way because you didn't have to deal with plot or a winged pig.

>army marching with rifles
>maincast with swords

How can this be such a regression ? Worse than that, it's downright stupid!

Game looks like shit.

post your favorite raita

I'm just here for fanarts and figurines of her.

>>Since battles can be stopped at any time, players who aren’t good at action games will be OK.
A panic button doesn't save you from being shit at ARPGs

Sword is a projectile weapon like the Valkyria lances. Probably.

Funnily enough i was thinking the same thing

If they were depicting the destruction if the original Valkyrur and their super technology it'd be perfect

In fact thats what I thought they were doing at first but it's hard to tell because it just looks so aweful

You vitafags are pathetic. You'll buy anything that comes to the platform no matter how shitty it looks.

Kys

The irony is that Nero looks more believable and far less ridiculous even though his powers are far beyond this MC.

I'll always have a soft spot for his Azumanga doujin. It was released even before VC1 came out and it represents his style best.

Stop it dudes I'm gonna cry

Actually the creator of X-com said that Valkyria Chronicles was one of the best strategy games in years and that the cancelled game he tried to make, Dreamland Chronicles, was essentially supposed to be Valkyria style combat on the PS2 with destructible environments and a geoscape portion.

Did everyone forget REAL inspiration for VC? If you haven't already you should play Ring of Red.

The "creator" of X-com got outdone by the newer and objectively superior X-com games. Nobody listens to that old fart anymore.

Just don't. The 2nd went full anime highschool. Both sequels went full buster sword anime horsecocks

>Have interesting series
>Kill it by game 2 but keep it interesting for game 3
>No white piggu release for 3
>Turn it into generic RPG
>Get rid of main artist

Why... How do you constantly fuck up this much?

I think the game looks interesting.
But I've never played anything in the VC series.

The new x-com games aren't bad but they're nothing special. Plus they draw more from Final Fantasy Tactics than they do from actual infantry combat games like the original X-com, Jagged Alliance, and Silent Storm. What's the point in making a x-com game if you aren't going to try to improve on the originals flaws? Everythings so abstracted in modern x-com, there's no simulation anymore.

By being Japan-centric.

THE SHITPOSTING IS OFF THE SCALES!

Maybe other dev should make a game heavily inspired by VC with similar core mechanic. Just like that harvest moon inspired game on PC.

There was a kickstarter for a VC game with mechs,

The third and second game were both better than scout rushing the video game.

>Phantom Blood
Yes pls

>he spammed scouts after reading strategies on the internet to beat the challenges
>he didn't play it as it was intended with WW2 squad tactics and trench warfare

That Normandy beach mission is absolute boss from beginning to end.

Because Jap developers don't give one single fuck about what the west thinks or wants.

Still, How would that top guns ?
And we see them hit with the freaking things.

It makes no sense at all! It's probably just to give this shit a "fantasy vibe" ?

WTf sega! Nobody asked for this!

>>he spammed scouts after reading strategies on the internet to beat the challenges
I spammed them after the first real mission because anyone with half a brain had already figured it out by then.

The Valkyria lance busts entrenched positions, so the sword is probably a reusable ragnite boomstick meant as an anti-fortress weapon. Probably.

>I spam top tier because I hate fun

We've already established that.

It was assault troops low movement range that was the problem

Scouts just had better accuracy and could run everywhere

>mfw never ever for EOPs

You're so full of shit. It doesn't become clear just how ridiculous scouts are in the game until you get the command that negates intercept fire and try it out on a scout.

VC combat was always shallow as hell anyway, after a certain point you had to be really careful not to accidentally take advantage of how easy it is to break/abuse
what I don't get is why they switched to a gameplay mode even worse (atleast that's how it looks anyway)

>implying anyone in the western world wants this trash
I suppose that it makes sense the only people excited for it are the turboweebs that wasted their time learning an entire language just to wallow in anime bullshit.

And George Lucas made the prequels, what's your point?
A creator can go senile just like anyone else, despite his opinion VC combat is shit

The qtest

>subhuman can't wrap his head around someone doing something so he comes up with retarded bullshit like "learning Japanese just for anime"

When are you ending it?

>anime guy swinging a sword
>taking out enemies 3-5 at a time
>giant swords.
>edgy eye style everywhere.
>belts and leather errywhere
>cleavage
>cowtits
>protagonist is an edgelord
>swords sword sword sword swords.

Valkyria is dead.

>VC combat was always shallow as hell anyway, after a certain point you had to be really careful not to accidentally take advantage of how easy it is to break/abuse

That's honestly a problem inherent to all SRPGs that don't employ simulation elements or get anal retentive and stack the odds against you. Everyone who complains these games are too easy needs to play Jagged Alliance 2 and original X-COM.

At least they're not calling it Valkyria Chronicles.

The thing is, Valkyria was shallow but there was room to improve. They could have taken it closer to Jagged Alliance or Silent Storm. Valkyria was a great base to work from but it never went anywhere. For every positive step they made in the sequels, they took steps backwards. Compromising on map size, reusing maps, adding tons of customization which destroyed the uniqueness of the units, they just had no idea what to do with the series so they ran it into the ground.

>protagonist is an edgelord
It's like you didn't even listen to what he was saying.

Scouts could also kill most enemies in a single turn, and weren't even that much less defensive than assault
Scouts were just OP. Give them pistols instead of rifles, remove their grenades and bam, they can now act like scouts by pressing forward, but don't overshadow everyone else by being good enough damage-wise

literally every turn base game i like that.

way to expose your weak ass power level.

LOOK AT THEM
FUCKING
BELTS

typical eop, just let him judge and be stupid

that's one thing I really like about x-com - you start gimped and basically have to offset that by playing it safe until you team gets better. people will die, there's no way around. at best you can minimize that by not being stupid. xenonauts is basically a spiritual successor, and I'm glad they're tightening it for the sequel.

ugh looks terrible.

If everyone is the serious character how do we know who is serious.

Different user, I've play original X-com and VC's problem isn't just difficulty. It is too easy, but it's also too shallow.

Compare to OG X-com: no buildings to hide in, and no ability to make your own doorways to enemy buildings, only certain specific structures are destructible, OG Xcom didn't have a specific "cover" mechanic besides just kneeling, but VC also only lets you take cover behind sandbags. With that cover, unlike new Xcom you can't flank their cover for a better shot, they still gain a damage reduction from being behind cover even if flanked. No interesting weaponry like incendiary cannons, no feeling of progression in your weapons because everything is just Gun+1, whether that's +1 accuracy, +1 damage, or +1 special effect. Compare that to OG Xcom, where the jump from Guns to Lasers (no more ammo!) or Plasma (now I can shoot out the walls in an alien spaceship!) felt meaningful. And no ability to kit out your squad specifically. Each person can take one of the slightly different +1 Guns, but you can't say give one person 12 grenades and have them spam 4 per turn, or give another person a pistol and stun prod so they can run up and capture enemies. And with that, no non-lethal methods

Xcom was a very deep and engaging game mechanically, with a shit-ton of different enemies to fight with your shitton of different weapons. VC doesn't have this. It has a more "historical" setting, but doesn't use that in any interesting way or make interesting gameplay out of it.

I think Silent Storm would be a more appropriate comparison.

i recognize that plot.

BUT DO YOU RECOGNIZE THOSE TITS

I'm calling it now, judging from that cover, Welkin's gonna fuck Selvaria and ntr breadgirl so fucking hard.

Welcome to Sega. May we take your order?

Gender is a social construct user its clearly armor.

>Different user, I've play original X-com and VC's problem isn't just difficulty. It is too easy, but it's also too shallow.

>All these SUPER STRATEGY XXXPRTS coming in here saying it was too easy

>It was hard as fuck for me

Don't design games for normal people, bra. This isn't the 1980s anymore

Breadgirl is also a Valkyrie, isn't she? Why would he switch?

They messed up by getting Selvaria killed in the first game considering her popularity.

>Phantom Blood

The artstyle is 10/10 but that gameplay is atrocious, absolutely disgusting

omg is that real?

Selvaria ran out of room to develop as a character. Her death is what propelled her popularity as a tragic sex symbol. She chose to kamikaze honorably over becoming a gang rape toy.

>tfw can never have a deep war adventure without it turning into magic pew pew from Japan

Valkyria Chronicles could have been so incredible

Because it's human nature to want to spread your seed to the more exotic opposite sex. And Selvaria's as exotic as it gets compared to kept-in-the-closet-Valk-Alicia.

Yes, I can see the doujins now.. The fanfics and oodles of pixiv/gelbooru art. It will cause many an asshurt.

Best Valkyria
Best girl

I'd like another VC game, but can it please still be turn based?
>Don't design games for normal people
? What are you even trying to say? Even if VC was hard for you, unlike any Xcom it allowed you to grind previous missions to level up your dudes and weapons, making any future missions easy. And you don't have to be an expert to say VC is too easy, a lot of reviews were saying the exact same thing, that unlike Xcom or hell, any IS game it was actually hard to lose any of your units

No trolling, but WHAT was hard for you? Any mission in particular? The player character gets infinite reinforcements and much more powerful units (thanks to their potentials) than the AI. What part of the game was hard?

>She chose to kamikaze honorably over becoming a gang rape toy.
What. She chose to die because she was ordered to. She was basically Magic The Boss

RAITA a shit.

>generic animu
>no raita
really now

She only obeyed out of unconditional love. She fought wars for true love, which is what makes her honorable and tragic. She also died a virgin too, so there's that.

>hating on raita

2 is shit. 3 is worth atlest trying. If Youtube like it, You May give 2 a shoot

>why can't I have this animu game without all the animu
Just play a fucking western game then, Japs make shit for Japs and that's not gonna change.

>he reads Raita for the titty monsters

look at this pleb and laugh at him

Sniper granny was great, Gloria best waifu.

VC3 is the best VC there is, and it has an English patch.

There is literally no excuse, go play it now, amazing game and surprisingly dark.

Well then she gave her life not for honor but for you

>3 is the best
user no

VC3 is great. More people need to play it.

Stupid fucking weapons though

3 is best game in the series

OST is pretty solid too, cant believe this track is just the generic battle theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=EsaEZe_wfJQ

Do you have to finish VC2 before starting it?
The whole setting really puts me off.

After playing VC remastered again lately, I thought to myself "The new game can't really be THAT bad".
How the fuck could Sega fuck up so bad?!
No Raita, no Srpg elements, no choosing your own troops and etc, I really hope after this bombs hard they can actually make a proper Valkyria Chronicles game instead of this piece of shit because I feel insulted watching this and calling myself a fan of the series.

I wouldn't call VC3 dark.
>animu game
>expecting realism

>this bombs
"Well it seems no one really wanted another Valkyrie game anyway. Move the team to mobile Sonic games"

>I really hope after this bombs hard they can actually make a proper Valkyria Chronicles game
user, this isn't a multiple choice question. If this bombs there is no more Valkyria.

Why does she wear the collar?

>play VC1 and loved it for the most part
>want more
>realize there's no such thing just grindy as fuck jrpgs

More like shitty writers don't know what to do with her so they just make her blow herself up.

KODOU KAISHI

Nope, VC3's story is a side-story that happens alongside VC1's story

Look at this potato

Calling it: The scythe chick will join the MCs group.

I don't want realism, I want it to not look stupid
The Lancer weapons aren't realistic, but they look pretty good

This.
Raita cowtits are cancer, but everything else is good.

Potatoes are for eating.

Vc3 is the best game in the series, but unfortunately people will stay away because it's on the psp.

If it ever gets a console release in english I expect VC3 to get more love.

Imca and Riela's themes are real nice to listen too as well. You can't forget the bonus tracks either.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9RE3WYa6fk

No. VC3 takes place at the same time as VC1.

Is it a prequel or something? Why are they using swords and melee weapons? The WW1 Fantasy of the original was way more interesting.

His tastes have clearly changed, because her expanded doujin is absolutely delicious.

Because slut.

Violette Szand
>Enlightened to her own powerlessness, Violette is a woman who gains the “power” that should be hers through “information” on the day she vowed revenge. As the only woman in the group of “Grave Sinners,” she has a Madonna-like existence. With her good looks, voluptuous body, and cheerful personality, she takes advantage of her woman’s weapon to the fullest, and works hard at intelligence operations belonging to military intelligence. She feeds the information she acquires to “The Grave Sinners,” and sometimes circulates “lies” to move the war to better conditions.

They finally got the memo that swords > guns in a JRPG world

Why the fuck would you play with a "translation" from some random schmucks? Why not play in Japanese like a normal human?

>making the valkyria titty monster a villain AGAIN
I thought they learned their lesson

>your spymaster is a whore

'Cause they switched it to a more anime style.

Yes. I'm going to play a game I can't understand, that's definitely what normal humans do.

But its not a JRPG, its a strategy game. Wait, don't tell me they...

She looks like a creature. Never do these kinds of noses in 3D

The problem for the franchise is swords are more attractive than guns. You can tell how much SEGA sold out by looking at the character designs alone.

>Yes, I'm going to play a Tumblr fanfic of it.

They did learn. We got two titty monsters by VC3 and one of them got a happy ending.

It's an improvement at the very least.

Okay buddy, I don't know what delusions you speak of but whatever helps you sleep at night

i like this design, minus the weapon

>no more feeling like an actual military sqaud with interesting characters and story
>LETS JUST MAKE IT A GENERIC JRPG WITH GIANT SWORDS AND BELTS AND BIG TITS

Fuck this shit looks so bad....ill be over her playing VC 1.

I'm wondering why are you so trusting of random fantranslator schmucks? Because you're a desperate faggot that can't learn Japanese for himself?

>VC1
>having interesting characters or story
The only good thing about it were the aesthetics.

>no more feeling like an actual military sqaud with interesting characters and story

Play VC3 if you want that again.

Yeah

>interesting characters
halal

VC1 characters were barebones as fuck and most got nothing more than a small profile backstory.

no Raita no buy

Sword and shield nigga is my bro.

something is really out of place here

The spear chick?

>Tales of Xillia MC
>DMC4 MC
>rejected SAO character design
>DMC3 Vergil with sword and board

The character designs in this game are absolutely questionable.

>"The only good Darcsens are the ones in my bar of soap back on base and their parents that fit in my ashtray!"

Jesus christ how the fuck did Sega get away with this in 2008

>Yeah

Hahaha, I knew it. :-)

She should talk to Kaz Miller

>"I'm still active... both as a soldier and as a woman."

what did she mean by this???

>Incidentally, we promoted Chronicles using a theme of a “realistic military”, but when mentioning its strong points we avoided relying on keywords like "guns" and "tanks". While military themes are accepted abroad, we did our best not to frame military terminology in a sense of good versus evil domestically.

>Back during the domestic release of VC1, Alicia and Isara along with other cute girls were used as visuals during marketing, but the moment people noticed a tank, they'd comment "Isn't this a Western game? Won't there be clashing iron and bloodletting?" There were quite a few cases of this interpretation so in order to ease those concerns we placed VC2 in a school setting to redirect those notions.

Nippon can't handle realistic military

And now look at the fools shitting generic copy pasta while GuP is literally booming on the premise of cute tactical tank warfare.

GuP is booming on cute girls drifting in tanks, nothing there is realistic.

>The writers portrayed their spats as "cute"
>The smoke grenade Isara invented somehow was used by the enemy a few missions later
>Isara built the first plane but she never rode on it
>died a shitty death just so the racist bitch can sing at her fucking funeral.

Gawd I fucking hate the writing in VC1 so much. I never replayed that shit after my first playthrough.

Valkyrie titty monsters blowing up entire tank regiments while Stalin-approved Soviet superweapon tanks literally run over a castle city was never realistic. But it was hella fun.

And now its not.

Their spats are cute because you have a city racist smoker picking on a little county bumpkin girl all the time.

That can be excused as Isara's design being passed on to and manufactured by the general army for immediate field use, only for supplies to fall into the hands of the enemy because they're all fucking retards.

This pushes the limit of believable development, but she is a genius engineer of her time and the whole tragedy behind her death is war claimed her life prematurely.

People die shitty sudden deaths all the time in war. It doesn't happen often in Japanese games, and you hate the one time it does happen.

Rosies spats 'were' cute though. But they didnt bother to puff up her vulva on the 3D model so it wasn't worth making her lie down in the grass to get the upskirt.

>For those invested heavily in the Valkyria franchise, we wonder "how does the new title Azure resonate with these people?" It's a point we are concerned about even now.

>Speaking of which, the Valkyria series is ridiculously popular overseas, isn't it?

>A surprising thing about that... when we revealed the first YouTube trailer for Azure Revolution in November last year, all of the comments on the video were in English! (Laughs) We had each line translated for us, one by one.

Problem is that each Sega division are basically completely divorced, zero cooperation or communication.
Like 3 separate companies just coincidentally has the same name and owner.
So Sega Japan has no idea why VC is popular outside Japan and Sega Europe isn't telling them why (Sega Europe did the steam port).
So a Valkyria game aimed at a world wide audience and not only a Japanese one will never be greenlit.
And I mean world wide here, VC on PC got fan translated to Russian, Korean, Chinese, French etc.
According to steam spy only 37% of the 850 000 owners are in the US.

If they're completely divorced from each other, how come they share the same butcher axe that was applied to both Valkyria: Azure Revolution and Dawn of War 3?

they would get along.

youtube.com/watch?v=cb424eDrGCg

>man VC1 is so realistic
>ancient race with super powers and silver hair that can shoot magic beams of destruction

You guys are fuckin' retards.

I don't remember anyone praising VC for realism, but rather for being an OK game that wasn't animu'd up the ass.

Looks like shit.

It looks like a fucking musou with slowmode and less enemies.

Into the trash.

Its realistic relative to what Japan typically puts out. Hell, its acceptably realistic compared to the period military games we typically put out. You would have to go back to the days of Medal of Honor and BF1942 to get a similar authentic WW2 tank/street fighting experience.

Its not aiming to be true realism, but pseudo-realistic gameplay is fun too.

Eleanor a cute.

>If VAR is successful we'll get more boring musou wannabees
>If VAR bombs we'll not get another Valkyria game
Either way we'll never see that EW1 game with Largo, dad Welkin, Eleanor and her dead boyfriend.

Yeah, you're full of shit. You're also the kind of person that would make the argument that
FFT is a shitty game because you can just have a bunch of monks/knights with dual weild.

>that whole revenge arc where she has to be talked out of committing an atrocity

great stuff

Its pretty safe to say we're never getting an actual VC game again. If VAR is successful, I expect Tales of Valkyria RPGs for the next two decades.

wow, they haven't really improved the game play from the terrible system they showed the first time around and was heavily shitted on by everyone.

Why didn't they just make it an actual action RPG instead of this really clunky looking action game with RPG abilities (that even stops time when used to show animation). I don't even care about the character designs or setting, I'm more concerned about the actual gameplay.

Seriously sega, give the IP to either relic or creative assembly and let them make an RTS game based on the first game. I don't even mid if it means that relic can't work on more 40k stuff (like the space marine sequel they still want to make)

Because game engine development costs time and money; and in this era, scrapping a 3D engine in late alpha state is too wasteful. SEGA would rather get something out now to recoup back the costs. Same reason why Squeenix went ahead with FFXIII, despite the White Engine being a complete disaster.

>RTS
Funny thing, I read one of the earlier interviews about VAR, they actually considered making it some kind of RTS for a moment but then "oh wait, does type of games aren't popular in Japan, time to make the most trite and slow muso game we can instead".

As someone who played half of Valkyria Chronicles on steam but stopped because it was a fucking awful game, I think this shit looks way better.

Tbh in VC1 Selveria used a lance and a shield

This is no different

>tfw shit taste ruins the good things in the world

Because she fit the premise of a holy valkyrie of legend. And she played the role as a literal destroyer of armies and fortress breaker. She was the second coming of the gods themselves.

This guy is literally carrying around a big glowing sword because it fits his dark soul.

vita now ruining other platforms after killing itself.

There's also the fact that Selvaria only showed up with her lance two brief times in the whole game, with the rest of the game being fights with rifles and tanks.
This guy is apparently a main character. Even if the weapons themselves are basically the same, its prominence here (along with everyone else's weapons in ) over more conventional weapons changes a lot.

Nah, more like the west bitching that the japs don't care about the foreign market.

Good.