Nioh: Beta feed back

footage from tgs: youtube.com/watch?v=eD24Ebu8rW4

Beta feed back: gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product

Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially hard
Adjust levelling up parameters to ensure game doesn’t get too easy too fast
Improve the UI, it’s still too hard to use in several parts
Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.
Add in more samurai skills, particularly adding more options to how to knock down an enemies Ki so players can come up with more original ways to play
Fixing enemy knock back, chase AI, group AI, etc.
Adjusting weight of armor, right now if it’s too heavy it’s just plain unusable
In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well (YAY!)
Fixing issue on falling off cliffs, etc. as that was not supposed to be severe but was
Rebalancing enemy attacks (some weak looking guys hit hard, some big guys hit light so they will fix that)
Expand items pouch from 200 to 500
Fix item drop rare so you stop getting TONS of crap you don’t need
Fix reforging, it was too easy to make a god weapon and that robbed players from being able to enjoy progression and difficulty
Adjust remnant rules for drops as it was too easy to get overpowered items in the beta
Item that will let players respec their character (YAY!)
Better UI
More Tutorials
Fix camera behaviour in areas of inclines or tight spots it did not react well
Improve enemy AI for handling co-op
Let players skip boss kill cut-scenes in co-op
Allow payers to turn the auto camera movement ON or OFF
Make sure no frame rate dips

thanks m8

Oh boy, I got some things to say about these changes but I don't think I have the time. Thanks for posting them though, if the thread's alive in a few hours or there's a new one then I'll comment on them in full but the jist of it will be "Not necessary" and "Details please"

Also I just caught a comment on that site.
>All these changes and I might consider it now. The artificial difficulty was annoying
I don't know whether to laugh or sigh.

Oh hell ya. Didn't find any issues with artificial difficulty though in the beta.

>Add in more samurai skills, particularly adding more options to how to knock down an enemies Ki so players can come up with more original ways to play
This is bullshit. The kick was already way too OP. If anything, we need to decrease the window on a downed enemy, with the way it is now, it's still too easy to punish them and then still get a downed stab.

>Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially hard
>not artificially hard
>artificially hard

Wait, so "artificial difficulty" actually exists? It was never a meme? Fucking hell.

>Fix camera behaviour in areas of inclines or tight spots it did not react well
Thank fucking god

Artificial difficulty is a term people came up with to describe increases in difficulty in a game caused solely by increasing the base stats on an enemy, making them just hit harder and take longer to kill. It's a meme because it assumes that kind of difficulty isn't legit purely because they say so. Slightly smarter people will argue it's pointless because you're "doing the same thing for longer", while failing to realise that endurance and keeping up said actions is a valid challenge in itself. Nioh was never artificially difficult in any way at any point in development
tl:dr it's still a meme

No idiot, artificial difficulty allways meant being punished regardless of your skill. An attack you can't possibly avoid is artificial difficulty.

Looks very nice, but they should keep the difficulty level with the changes to gear, reforging and remnant drops because they make the game way too easy fast.

Not him but you're right however that's not how many people use the term today

I can't think of a single attack in beta that was impossible to avoid

>Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.
I don't know about changing the firearm controls. I liked already liked them in the beta.

People use "Artificial Difficulty" to explain away anything that they feel is "unfair" even if the fault lies solely on them.

It has a legitimate usage, but these days it's better off ignored due to misuse.

Onryoki's iron ball throw had some weird ass tracking were it could be thrown behind him or at a weird angle if you were too close, but other than that I don't remember many attacks being too hard to dodge.

> (OP)

>Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.

I ASKED FOR THIS

I ASKED FOR THIS

THEY LISTENED

I WAS RIGHT YOU FUCKING IDIOTS WOOOOOOOOO THE CONTRILLS IN THE BETA FOR SHOOTING SUCKED AND I WAS RIGHT!

AHAHAHAHHAHHA SUCK IT YOU FAGS , YOU SAID IT WASNT ,IT CLEARLY WAS, R2 TO AIM AND TAKING YOUR THUMB OFF THE THUMB STICK TO SHOOT WHILE IN COMBAT WAS STUPID AS FUCK AND I KNEW IT

Feels good man. Good controls inbound.

Good work user

>In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well (YAY!)

Is there anyone that could actually hate this change?

This was actually how shooting worked in the Alpha. So it's really just a reversion.

>Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially har
knowing japs they will make it easier

Calm down kermit

Yeah but this is also Team Ninja

It was hard to track shoot at moving enemies because you had to let go of the right stick to press the face buttons. This is a much needed change.

>still no "change network password while mid mission

Fuckin come on team ninja