youtube.com/watch?v=KNCd6myrW5w
furaffinity.net/user/sapphirus/
nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/09/johns_hopkins_student_from_nj.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Take that back!

Every FF weapon, the thread

>almost every video game, the thread

Fixed it for you.

The gunblade isn't retarded though. It's not like it shoots knives or anything. You stab someone then pull the trigger, which fires a blank and makes the blade vibrate so it fucks up the wound even more.

Whatever

2/10 i started to reply

(You) are the real Squall!

plasma and lasers

Can It be retarded AND cool?

You rang?

>this triggers the Cred Forums

Finally an excuse to post this image.

I thought this shit was the coolest thing ever when I was younger. I went to an anime convention when I was about 17 (10 years ago) and paid $100 for a replica of the gunblade. Had a working trigger and you could spin the barrel. I loved the shit out of it.

3 months later I wake I wake up late on a Saturday morning, and I realize my gunblade is missing from my room. I go downstairs to find out my Dad took it out of my room and sold it at his yard sale that morning for $5. I was pretty pissed off, but he just laughed at me and said I didn't need that stupid looking knife anymore. He wouldn't even give me the $5 he sold it for.

autism weapon

MUH REALISM FEAT. BAIT THEM STUPID WEEBS EDITIONS
sasuga Cred Forums

hi

Every time I see a keyblade I picture a fat girl in a Pikachu onesie who smells like vanilla yogurt and cheese.

What is it about that series that attracts the most autistic people ever born?

Your Dad is an asshole

>"muh realism" the thread

the gunblade looks cool so it doesn't matter

hello!

user come on...

That doesn't make any sense like IK it's a game but holy shit

No one is saying "retarded = bad"

Final Fantasy + Disney + Anime = Austim

>unlock the ice pick
>never use anything else again

>how to make a sword
>step 1: ????

The gunblade is badass and anyone who doesn't think so is stupid.

way to cut your arms and legs off while trying to show off

>a fucking chain acting as a bowstring

>tfw i have to use the katana because is the only viable weapon

I literally loled

im so edgey

Is this a squenix thread?

yawn

>backlash for katanafags was so hard it created legions of people who actually think nip weapons are trash

Sasuga, psueds.

This is a retarded weapons thread.

Such a cool character wasted on such a garbage design and game

Fucking hate the key blade it's the stupidest shit ever fucking autists

hey its magic ok that's why it works. magic.

Do these people know that's lore breaking? Each keyblade is unique. There's only a single silver Kingdom Key keyblade.

You reload it by shaking it.

What the fuck is it with these stories of family members just appropriating items like it's fucking nothing? What the fuck is wrong with burgerland?

Nip weapons aren't trash. The Katana is trash. Most samurai wound up using Naginata or Bows.

should add the zweihander or claymore or moonlight greatsword

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Template:Weapon_list

What? He was great, bruh. The sword was meant to have an organic look.

Fucking crystal sword

>key blade
>no blade

The entire concept of the game, from the ground up, is autism incarnate. It's literally bad crossover fanfic through and through.

hi /k/

Your dad is a complete piece of shit.

Fuck those japanese dogs
youtube.com/watch?v=dKOlUs45KPo

And then the gun overheats and melts when he uses it.

Also god tier series.

To be fair, it's not like Soul Edge is any better at not being retarded.

It's just bandwagon fags at this point, like everything else. It's pretty pathetic. Knight fags inadvertently suffer as well because these retards latch on to their thing like a fucking parasite.

A god damn chair.

Most Samurai used bows while mounted or spears on foot. But that doesn't change the fact that a weapon (katana) used for hundreds of years with little design change is 'trash'. Sure Its a rarely used side-arm, so? 100s of years is a long time lad.

I wouldn't say its as good a design as a fuckload of other swords, but its not 'trash'.

>No lilarcor

It gets outclassed quick but sarcastic evil +3 great sword with mind protections was the best

Lost

Your dad is a smart lad. It's just a video game.

at least you can slice or cut ..

Mop would like to have a word with you

still better than any keyblade

I'm sure that Dynasty Warriors has some retarded weapons

But I can only think of Bao Sanniang's giant razor yoyo because I loathe everything about the character.

Agreed namcos idea of a cool sword just stick a million fucking eyes on it.

i never knew retarded meant good

>not posting the actual retarded weapon of FFVIII

FUCKING hell Hyrule warriors is so perfect except for its retarded weapon designs.

Bait.

gunblade is more retard than this harpoon.

See, I can appreciate this and gunblades and keyblades because I'm basically Japanese and understand what they're going for.

>liking Jewnose sword

>bents if hit a shield.
>bents if hit an armor.
>bents when hitting other katana hard enough.
>it can be bent with your bare hands.
>loses its edge really fast
katana was a ceremonial sword, only used on duels and suicide.
could be used on battles, but a samurai without a katana, its not a samurai, so they never risk it by using it outside duels.

Should've took selfies offer OP

if the crystal or whatever that shit is pod is empty you could activate a reaction that starts forming a new crystal by shaking it, the problem i have with this is that this is basically running with scissors , you trip and fall and well... its a stupid design from a efficient weapon point of view but its one of the least stupid, you should have posted the energy sword.

Anything from any Japanese game ever.

It's a functional weapon unlike the weeb trash posted in this thread, Shotel were used to swipe behind a shield similar to how an axe can.

Basically this. Dark Souls is the closest vidya has come to proper looking functional weapons but even then some of them in the games are terribly over-the-top.

come on Cred Forums

Harpoon is retarded because it requires the world to LITERALLY be turn based since instead of pulling one out of fat air, Ward has to shamble his fat ass over to the enemy to get it back after her lobs it every time.

Chrono trigger are okay and they are japanese

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU HOLD THIS WEAPON RIGHT?

It could actually work if the bow is flexible

>I'm basically Japanese
ramen is chinese

this lmao

>Chrono trigger's are okay
>magma hand

>mop

Monster Hunter thread?

God warhammer weapons are so cool

post moar pls

Not instant ramen, and pocky and ramune.

Even if the vibroblade portion didn't work, the Gunblade is still a serviceable and functional, if oversized, clipped point messer. It would totally be usable compared to most of the shit in Final Fantasy.

Have you looked into the mirror lately?

Ironically Darth Maul would like a word with you.

Is that an anchor without the anchor?

Honestly, I liked the keyblades, when playing Kingdom Hearts 1. It was so cartoony/goofy and symbolish, that it made the whole game more fantasy and lighthearted. Combined with all the Disney elements, it was a travel through my childhood mind.
Then again I have the rare ability to lower my standards to enjoy something, if I feel it fits the overall setting.

The sequels were retarded, though.

it's like they looked at a chandelier and thought
>wow, that could probably launch halberds pretty good

it's called a harpoon, user..

DELET THIS

DELETE THIS

No it couldn't. Are you retarded? The string in a bow is stretched for tension. If the bow bends in your stupid chain string it just goes slack.

Never seen a harpoon with a ring that big.
Also I'm from the mainland so.. fuck it.

How do you even reload that? I remember the reload animation literally just ejecting shells, the scout never actually loaded anything into it.

Not to mention no rear sight.

I still remember it being announced and loving that I was gonna have aladdin and beast in a party. Then the game ruined that idea. I'm still hoping for kh3 to ditch that and let me have whoever I want with me, but that is a pipe dream.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNCd6myrW5w
you'd be right in remembering, becuase thats literally it. also in this old version the scout fucking vomits shells, no idea how it is now.

>IK

Why did you do this? This is an imageboard. No one cares about you, and you're not in a rush. You have as much time in the world to type out a post, and you still found it prudent to abbreviate "I Know."

Why? WHY?

>this fantasy weapon is totally unrealistic

Influenced episode 1?

>fantasy has to be retarded

>Frostmourne not on God Tier.

Nigger, you fucked up.

Take it back you lil shit

>HW's Helix Sword
deugh

You say that, but then when a pissed off whale comes along, you'll regret not having it.

>he doesn't like double scythes

What's wrong with the Master Sword?

shoot a nuke from a small range

>sword that chips and bends if it hits anything but flesh

NANIIIIIII
SAUSGA......

>inb4 Weavelfags

Where is the quiver of halberds?

>Fantasy needs to be realistic

What's the point in fantasy if the creator can't do whatever the fuck they want? If there are monsters and magic then why in the hell does a weird weapon bother you?

Reminds me of that parody animation where the guy throws up the ammo, picks it up and puts it on the gun.

The built-in optics are canonically hooked onto the Marine's helmet.
Though it beats me how the fuckers without a helmet use them. That's WH40k for you

Post cool weapons

Centuries of experience I'm assuming. Space Marines are canonically on another level so I doubt they'd have a problem with it.

>Cool
>Also useless

There were way more weapons that did the job way faster and better than that shitty fucking garbage pile.

No one is saying that fantasy needs to be realistic, he is saying that these weapons looks fucking retarded.

This counterargument is retarded.

Yes, it's fantasy, but even fantasy has to be consistent.

You wouldn't get mad at Superman lifting a building, because he's superman and that's what he does within his world.

But you WOULD get mad at Superman lifting a building of Kryptonite, and them never addressing it, because that breaks the confines of the world's rules.

You can have stupid fucking weapons, but only if they make sense.

Little girl holding a gigantic weapon? Explain how she can hold it, then fine. Super human? Fine. Demon? Fine. Low Gravity? Fine. Giant weapon with jet engines which makes it float? Retarded, but fine.

You have to explain it. You can't just be completely retarded and not explain it.

Gun with a sword, the sword with a gun can't aim accurately while swinging.

Took you long enough Cred Forums

It's a shame they couldn't have just kept it the same throughout considering how strong FD is supposed to be in the first place. And most people playing have a nostalgia hard on for the actual helix sword.

>IK it's a game

What the fuck?

Back to 9gag, jesus christ

>that homing
>that firing sound
>that reload sound
Fug off.

And what weapon in this thread lacks a explanation?

The Gunblade is a antique decorative weapon that is used by Squall and Seifer because of certain reasons tied to Laguna.

you know... gunblade wasn't exactly invented by FF. It actually existed before FF. Tho the blade part wasn't really popular since the blade part is useless in a gun fight... so people just didn't make em...

Katanas were more symbolic than anything. Samurai were the only ones allowed a weapon during the Tokugawa Shogunate and said weapon was a katana.

Its design was rarely changed because it was mainly used on unarmored peasants and other samurai, so it did the killing fine enough that it didn't need a change. The absolutely shitty iron used to forge one didn't help it either. The katanas that have lasted into the present day almost universally used steel imported from China.

>why in the hell does a weird weapon bother you?
because i have a limit for enjoying retardation. would you enjoy a game where the character kills butt shaped monsters with his truck sized penis? everyone has a limit for enjoying retarded stuff

Godamn I hate when family members just take shit nd just claim it as thier own. My dad did this shit with some of my vinyl records.

Basically everyone in this thread is just whining about weapons they don't like the look of though. Aside from a few non vidya examples every weapon has an in game explanation. Except for the gunblade.

you got it wrong though, bow doesn't work because of stretching string, the bow flexes and provides the energy

the chain could work if the bow itself flexes like a regular bow

>more damage than bare knuckles

u fuckin wot

>auto gun
>it's a single action revolver

>megaton arm
>it's a warhead attached to a glove
>even has lead shielding

>plasma gun
>steampunk style

>Terra arm
>only has 3 fingers

oh you cuhrayzee Japs

The sword with a gun can't swing itself and aim straight. It would also be balanced like shit because there's a fucking arm sticking out of it, this thing can't aim for shit and it does a shittier job than a regular sword.
The gun with a sword can shoot and also wave its sword around no problem. How is this a contest?

it may look wack.. but I'm sure that will hurt like a motherfucker when getting hit by it.

That sounds hot. Where can I find this game?

Also, every single vidya weapon in this thread makes sense in the context of their universe. Of fucking course they'd be completely fucking retarded in reality, or simply separated from the context of their story. That's why they exist in fantasy settings.

>pointing out stuff = whining

This isn't real otherwise you're reaction wouldn't be that of a total bitch, you should have cocked your leg back and let rip an earth shatter kick to his balls, but you didn't.

>staneless steel gems and gold
wew for a moment there i thought this thing would acutally be something, just delete that part and youre good to go

reminds me of the mechanical pencils that you can shake to dispense lead.

looks like shit

It wouldnt be so bad if he sprang for some boots but no lets just stick with my fucking new Balance shoes from walmart

>Taking things out of context and complaining it doesn't make sense

What's it like to be this retarded?

it wouldn't work on lavos.

>implying blowing shit up while Marine' Hymn plays ain't the coolest shit ever
I bet you didn't like the Ryno V either, loser

>I only like video games with realistic weaponry

I bet you autists are the ones who get buttblasted by actors having poor trigger discipline.

just like any other blunt instrument, it's a fucking metal pole except it's annoying to handle with that hilt

You fucking take that back

there, i fixed it

They Sword with a gun will go all Max Payne on the Gun. I can see it now, full body stabs.

>swing at an enemy
>blocked
>he yanks it
>you just got shredded by your own weapon.

League has a bunch

No one is complaining

>only Sapph can weild this thing
this will never not make me laugh

>Left the retarded pommel spikes
>fixed

have a giant robot wield guns shields and swords for fuck all reasons, but all that stuff is useless anyway since mc can kill anything with the power of will and friendship.
I still like eureka 7 doe

Could you give the same treatment?

A gun with a sword because we have though and have had those for at least 3 centuries.

Which it actually doesnt. A cut needs to be clean and straight to be "effective". That's why swords need to be sharper than axes for example. Because of the light weight of a sword, the devastation is coming from it's sharpness. If you would transform your blade into a vibrator for like a second during the cutting, you would mess up the damage you could do by alot.

The one with more guns.

>I spin my axes XD

Worst champ

white space user

v2.0

it doesn't need to be realistic, it needs to be logical.

You think this is b8?

No, user. This is real. The artist is actually pretty infamous for shit like this and then getting incredibly defensive when people criticize her.

You should probably remove the front side too because people can just tug your sword away from you pretty easily.

Anything that square enix does is cancer

A lot of work still needs to be done to fix this trash design. Any other anons want to give it a try?

>MP5 grenade launcher

>what is the Davy Crockett

If you live in their house everything is theirs.

I'm 22, paying rent, and my parents still chimp out and take my shit. Then people wonder why their kids disappear and never talk to them again.

Surprised this hasn't been featured

The tip needs to be filed down, looks stupid with the arrow point at the top

>don't react like a bitch
>kick him in the balls

Choose one.

While there comes a time in every mans life where he needs to punch his old man, never in the nads. You get him on the ground then you offer to pick him up because you are the bigger man.

The circular bits in the middle will add unnecessary weight to the sword. Also niggers can still tug your sword away from you with that front bit.

it makes sense but if you do that you simplify the design too much (see ) and is not as cool imho

>anime picture
>somehow tries to make fun of flashy fantasy weapons
dude what

Magic isn't logical. Look, this is an argument you're going to lose, because logic and realism simply can't be applied to fantasy. Yes, weapons should fit into the context of their respective universe, but that also implies that the author is free to choose exactly how far the limits go. If you don't like the authors choices, then just ignore the series. Complaining that a fantasy weapon is stupid just makes you look like a robot that can't differentiate fantasy and reality.

>If you would transform your blade into a vibrator for like a second during the cutting, you would mess up the damage you could do by alot.
But that's what vibro-blades/high-frequency blades are, and no one complains about those.

Except those actually exist, user. The SAS uses them to launch smoke grenades through windows.

nigga if you even knew what anime it was you would know how retarded you sound.

Actually, they do have a reason for putting the chainsaw bayonet on there. IIRC, the locusts had tough skin that couldn't be pierced easily in cqc with normal bayonets, so they developed those. Still kind of dumb, but there you go.

a sword with a gun, because it has a gun.
dont bring a sword to a gunfight.

The other arguments make sense, but i don't get whats the problem with the terra arm.

here you go

they are usually fired at waist level

what the hell would sights be used for?

Stop trying to clump good games with decent to god like weapon designs together with your stupid weeb trash

Pole weapons and ranged were the core of warfare FOR EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CIVILIZATION you retard. It's not that the Samurai didn't dual wield katanas because they were trash it's because swords are sidearms

god i fucking hate that shit
in anywhere it appears it's just stupid
remove keyblade

ignoring everything else wrong with its usability, pistol grips would make stabbing pretty easy

Anons have no clue.
>they don't know the pain

It least part of it actually looks like a sword

I feel you. My stepdad sold a lot of shit in a yardsale without even asking me. Most of it was old books passed down through my mom's side of the family.

He sold the entire stack for $20. I remember genuinely contemplating murder. You think I'm overreacting, but oh no. One of those books in there was worth a small fortune.

It was an account on Sherman's march to the sea, written in the 1800s. That gives it some value on its own, but what really made it worth something? It was autographed by fucking Sherman himself.

And he let it go in a stack of 50+ books for $20 for the whole stack.

You're the only retarded one here.

>chain links have to go through the magazine to cycle back
>chain links would snag on flesh
>also chain weapons in any game

love the game, but

>the plot armor thickens
>sprout wings to fly in space

How tough are Soul Edge's eyes anyways? Kind of feel sorry for the abomination.

Militarised chainsaws aren't a bad idea though, they'd be able to inflict incredible damage.

Still one of my favorite fantasy weapons

>I can't read

because fanfic: the videogame

IT BURNS! KILL IT BEFORE IT BREEDS!

Because us Terrans have five fingers, not three.

>aim
they don't have eyes

Just accept it, user.

Warframe weapon design isnt really that bad

No, chainsaws are a horrible idea for weapons. They are only good at displacing fibrous material, or dense materials with compact particulates like concrete.
>just get a regular sword
>if just one segment breaks in the chain the weapon is kaput

>It was autographed by fucking Sherman himself.
Fuck. I'm ashamed to say that I have fought my dad for lesser reasons.

kk

ahahahaha holy fuck, ive never played tf2 so ive never seen this but god damn is that some awful animations.

>Hair color: Black
>Clearly red

uwotm8

Jet Hammers, Tenno.
>more anime than anime

Bruddha, you best not be rippin' on bleetzball

>Likes: Jesus

>tfw i unironically like this

Im a weeb now?

Monstur Haunter?

If you took that little barrel length that extends past the chainsaw that would be fine.

In theory a Blitzball SHOULD actually hurt like fuck. They're weighted down so they don't just float to the top.

I think the problem with it is the hit sound for Wakka's weapons has absolutely zero "oompf" compared to everyone else. So you get the impression you're hitting them with foam or some shit.

It's OK to like impractical weapons, Tenno. That doesn't rule them out for being retarded.

I am still trying to figure out how the gun blade worked. Did you just shoot someone with literal bullets or did it just create an explosion for extra oomph like Sam's sheath? I just wish they put a little more emphasis

Too bad you can't hold autism

Rocket Hammers are fucking sweet, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All these fucks only want to see boring ass weapons from reality. Anything that isn't sterile and boring is apparently bad.

>dislikes: People who jugde art when they can't draw worth of shit

I'm fucking dead

>did it just create an explosion for extra oomph like Sam's sheath
It does that to make the blade vibrate.

God as soon as I saw that fucking barrel...jesus im dying

Is that even possible?

EA is less a melee weapon and more of a catalyst for magic

Ahh, yes.
>lightsabers

By that logic, a baseball bat is a deadly weapon. Retard.

How strong is that thing?

Thank god shitcurity never carries flashbangs

Are you retarded? Have you never heard of being beaten to death with a baseball bat. It's suprisingly common. You could hurl one at someone's skull even and crack their skull.

chakrams where an actual thing

>THEY STILL EXIST
>THEY DRAW UNDER THE SAME NAME
>THEY HAVEN'T IMPROVED A BIT
>BUT THEY'RE MAKING MAD BANK ON FURRY COMMISSIONS
THIS WORLD IS A GOOFY FUCKING PLACE.
furaffinity.net/user/sapphirus/

It's a one sided relationship.

This has to be the dumbest character design ever. What the fuck is going on? Is it a guy or a girl? Why is his/her weapon a giant pizza cutter? What is he/she wearing??? I have so many questions for the idiot that designed this

babies

>Age: Ageless (born at the beginning of existence) But looks to be 28
>Life type: Immortal
>Occupation: Goddess of Dragons & Elements

Just when I think humanity can't get worse or is on the verge of being decent again, I see shit like this.

Ambiguous, probably on purpose. No pronouns, I think, are ever used.

As far as why they're using a pizza cutter, fucked if I know

>literally the "its just a movie" argument of fiction

Stop

It's a situational weapon but satisfying as fuck when you get a kill.

Thanks for the kek, user.

My Mop

The thing in her hand

I don't get what the fuck this thing fired and where the shot came from.

Gunblade looks fucking amazing!

yes, a baseball bat is a very deadly weapon

>baseball bat
>not a deadly weapon
lmao

If it works under the logic of the universe it's in then it's fine, the only time my jimmies get rustled is when you pull something out of your ass that goes against the established rules of that universe.

Criticize him/her/xer but I'm 99% sure no one here has the abstract imagination and art/colouring sense to make as anything as even close to those images.

I'm not defending those. I'm just astounded by the effort and autistic sense in art, it's really amazing and I appreciate him/her/xer because of that. It's chris all over again.

Since this is a Cred Forums weapon thread, i must ask, what game allows you to wield a shield and gun at the same time?

The Katana is a perfectly fine weapon for what it is - last resort slashing weapon. Comparing the Katana to the Longsword is like comparing the Longsword to the Assault riffle. Two entirely different usages and philosophies.

Muh realism fags lel

anyone without a sense of shame could come up with shit like that

But didn't they add the older versions that had regular bayonets in one game and they were able to pierce them just fine?

Someone post that Deviantart drawing of that made up sword with too much color and detail, you know the one.

Are you fucking joking me
A good hit on the skull and you're dead instantly

>out of points to argue because you're clearly wrong
>point out something irrelevant

you digress

Isn't this also drawn by Yoshida? What the fuck was he smoking with the FFTA games?

already was

Off the top of my head, the new Rainbow 6 game has ballistic shields as an option.

>No one has posted THAT pizza cutter yet.

Probably the same shit Nomura was when he worked on FFX.

Might as well go all the way

?

That's not that bad

What the fuck is that?

EDF 2025/4.1, Souls games kinda if you count crossbows as guns and Bloodborne has a couple of weapons with guns attached to them.

Fuck your dad. He's a piece of shit.

A literal mace?

A stupidly oversized mace.

WOAH THERE

Get a real gunblade, stick it up his arse and pull the trigger till it goes click

A mace.

maybe a star wars fag can explain to me how the "light" in the lightsaber stops extending after three feet?
midichlorians?

Why is that pickle so happy?

Anyone can draw something retarded like a 4 year old. But those images clearly took some really abstract autistic ideas with just as abstract and autistic colouring style.

We had a thread the other day where a drawfag would draw a piece of equipment or rather on a blank male suggested by posters, and in the end person looked like a other-wordly being with 6 tits, hands out of his head, a dildo sword and whole lot of ther shit, since everyone was trying to come up with the most retarded pieces to draw on him. Even with the collaboration of intentionally autistic ideas suggested by hundreds of anons, picture came out nowhere near as abstract to pictures I'm talking about.

>Likes: Gay Guys
>Dislikes: Lesbos
kek

wouldnt you be too?

Well shit

To be held by a beautiful hime cut girl like Agria? Hell yeah. But the fact that I would be a pickle would make me severely depressed.

That's almost enough pouches for Liefeld's approval

>implying that body type can carry that mace

Still hot tho

honestly wtf happened there

Cuz it's not light but plasma held in shape by a magnetic field

>You: Likes lesbians
>You: Dislikes Gay Guys

What is the point you're trying to make?

The Davy Crocket was a rocket launcher not a catapult. It also never entered service because they realized even at rpg range a nuke wasn't a good idea.

FE crit animations always give me a fucking hardon.

>but all that stuff is useless anyway since mc can kill anything with the power of will and friendship.
Confirmed for never watching gundam.

same though, i like some of the new ones though, i mean a few of them are dry but recently they have been trying to make refferences to old ones as much as possible, look at Effie's crit animation

Thats hilarious.

How has no one posted this abomination?

you could probably make an entire thread about Square's retarded weapons

Will and Newtype Hax then.

Go on Warframe wiki and take a fucking pick

A laser sword comes out the top though. You don't hit with the red metal part

There's nothing too exceptionally bad about that compared to this other shit

Are we referring to the sword or Carver's edginess? Both are lethal.

kek hek

This retard thinks the the tension in the string is what stores the potential energy of a bow

Holy fuck.

>Space AK
>Has a potato for a magazine

Too bad it became irrelevant as soon as I got more specialized weapons, I like generic assault rifles.

Theres a lot of shit weapons in Warframe. But this shit,,, jesus

You anons who are disagreeing with this...you're wrong. That is indeed how it works. You pull the trigger, firing a round into the chamber/blade which causes it to violently shake. In real life, it would cause the weapon to degrade EXTREMELY quickly, but it would created wounds that require surgery to close and in some cases, impossible to stitch together.

You're completely wrong. Asymmetrical blades absolutely exist for exactly the purpose of carving bizarre cuts into humans that are difficult/near impossible to close. Kris knives are the most famous. There's a knife that is also banned for sale explicitly because getting stabbed is entirely lethal since it slashes your insides in the same movement as the thrust.

Try literally just having better tech, like is STATED ALL THE FUCKING TIME IN 0079 YOU FUCKING AUTIST.

Is there any game that has this retarded weapon?

You got the Menorah one?

it is though?

if you manage to stab anyone with that massive blade they're not gonna be alive anyway, but regardless any pistol is gonna be more effective than that

Fallout 4 with their pipe revolver guns.

i can see why one would think that

>if you manage to stab anyone with that massive blade they're not gonna be alive anyway

well unless they're a fantasy monster

The Gundam was severely outdated by the end of the show and was carried by Amuro being a Newtype.

The Zeta was specifically built to be a Newtpe mobile suit but it was still Kamille using magic space energy to freeze enemies in place or making his sword fucking huge.

The Hi-Nu was rather high tech but it was still Amuro using Newtype hax and summoning ghosts while brainwashing everyone to help him stop an asteroid from crashing into earth.

Victory at least was about tech, but yeah, most Gundam shows are about space jedi magic than technological superiority.

is this a penis blade?

this is like some kind of retarded RPG end boss

Battlefield 1 will have a revolver rifle according to leaks

and we all know katanas were and are shit

It's a gauntlet sword

>The Gundam was severely outdated by the end of the show and was carried by Amuro being a Newtype.
That, and he killed most of Zeon's aces by the time they actually could outclass the Gundam. The Gelgoog was on par with the Gundam but Zeon was forced to put rookies in it because Char was the only good pilot they had left by the end of the series.

The Zeong and the Gundam being evenly matched was autism though and Amuro DID use newtype hax for that shit.

I saw a Gunblade for sell at a sword shop at a flea market in Alabama once. It was radical looking but pretty dangerous since the blade was real and sharp.

Felt like it'd do some real damage if you hit someone with it.

Of course it would, retarded or not it's still a giant fucking blade.

Lol, even the statues are facepalming!

cool

Well, the knife I was referring to was this one, actually. Small, relatively thin, but you can't suture the wound together inside. Not for slashing ever.

Kris knives are just blades with asymmetrical edges. Could be a small dagger, could be a sword.

>Has a carrying handle sort of thing
>long-ass barrel
>symmetrical handguard that covers almost all of the barrel and narrows towards the muzzle
>large, triangular front sight
>large, solid stock that is in line with the rifle
>high firing rate but still controllable and precise
>"ak"

Space M16 is still a fun gun though.

Then why isn't it called a plasma saber?

Because the Jedi are a bunch of quasi-religious faggots.

Because it gives off a bright light.

Space AK because it's a rough, crudely manufactured gun that's durable and reliable as fuck like all Grineer equipment

what's she been using it for

well it is a mmo

>it has every power and every element you can think of!§
yeah, I'm in awe of how creative that thing is too...

behead those who insult karaksnikov

WTF

well it's a woman, so not much

oh the salt that caused
Had a group i used to play this with religiously, jumping into turret mode was a great way to go out of bounds and shoot people from behind walls

That's actually based on a real thing.

10/10 would fan fire

There's nothing really abstract about her drawings though, it's just every "cool-looking" detail the artist could possibly shove onto a generic anime character.

>spikes!
>waves!
>circles!
>random colors!
here i made this in 3 minutes, it is Sakura-Uchiha's sword, it is the weight of the sun and have personally slayed G*d himself... Only she can hold it, for it is too powerful for anyone else..

Russian roulette would be fun with that

its just some autist metagaming on a gay furry porn website

so are gunblades

What do you expect from one of the most autistic boards?

But those actually shoot bullets. Its more of a bayonet type thing

Tfw didn't have the PC version so I missed out on all the goofy /k/ guns you could make.

I respect the guy for his ability to into the arts, but this is something I would draw when I was 13 with Hybrid Theory blasting on my cd player.

It is surprisingly powerful too.

If you stripped off enough of the retarded extra handles and shit it'd actually be a cool gun.

The same reason an organ gun doesn't shoot musical instruments at people

Well using a Kendama as a weapon is pretty retarded I guess

>muh muh muh muh tempered steel tho

I love this every time I watch it.

>posting the wrong pic

memebusted

Bruh, fantasy.

Finally someone who thinks the Ashbringer is shit and isn't a retard

ITT creative japanese designs vs boring western designs

Fantasy =/= world has no rules whatsoever

what's the circle for? it's the hole you'd put your thumb through, right?

Whatever the goddamn yoyo fuck this is.

Nigga take that shit back RIGHT NOW

because it's not that crazy? sword with a elaborate crossguard?

"retarded=/=bad" =/= "retarded=good", you dense motherfucker

>mfw watching weebs legit try and explain away why this comparison was unfair

Play 358/2 days

which series is it ?

>Retarded weapons thread

meaning useless fucking weapons.

this has nothing to do with creativity you filthy fucking webauu

>This new "Lu ashbringer is bad meme"

That's not the cross guard

Those are axe blades attached to the actual sword blade. Granted, compared to JRPGs shit it's not that bad but it's still retarded

gun with a sword cuts arm off sword with a gun

gun with sword is the clear victor

I just don't understand.

If the dainty bitch can pick the weapon up due to some in universe magic voodoo or otherwise then that's perfectly fine.
But they work perfectly fine inside the universes they're from, they'd be useless if they didn't. Applying rules from our world to fictional ones is retarded.

The Japanese aren't creative.

SAO

>mfw the whole Judgment desings
>mfw i have no face

Not only is it hideous it's shit too.

To be honest, the Keyblade isn't a retarded weapon. Its actually one of the best weapons possible. Sure its kind of an iffy sword if you take it at face value, but when you consider the fact that it can transform into a ton of shit and literally gives you a ton of different magical powers just for owning it, as a complete package there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Even if you took away the fact that it gives you elemental magic, drive forms, superhuman strength and speed, and etc it pretty much cuts you with magic anyways. I think saying the Keyblade is a dumb weapon is really silly, because unlike most weapons, its just packaged with an insane amount of shit and its unfair to not count all of that.

>I have never tried the Buzzer: the post

no

At the very worst it's a metal pipe with a goofy handguard.
You can fuck someone up with a pipe.

Power gouge design isn't good design. That's why it's retarded.

This whole thread is about applying rules from our world to fictional weapons that work just fine in settings they're from and bitching that they don't work under our rules.

I can't decide if this niggas lance sword is retarded or cool.

Eh, within its own universe I'd say it makes enough sense.

Well, I suppose that is entirely true.

sure, but they function like a crossguard would, so i called it that. it's weird, but it's still functional.

Inuart is a retard so it doesn't matter.

I thought it was supposed to be some sort of monster hunting fishing rod thing
why are the two best mages the two most awful characters in FF13

I seem to remember making this for some other thread on Cred Forums but don't remember the context.

I guess the real weapon is the owl?

Beating people with an owl, now that's some next level shit

>what if we took a sword
>AND ATTACHED IT TO THE SHOULDER DIRECTLY
>BRILLIANT!!

It's not a metal pipe with a goofy handguard, it's a weird magic sword that makes the user really strong/has its own cutting blade.
The keyblade still looks pretty stupid, but it's not really like it isn't well explained in its own universe. It doesn't really defy the laws of physics or consistency in the KH universe, if you can even say KH has those

Weapons are things from our world. Many fictional weapons are blades that look stupid, but they're still supposed to cut flesh, right? The stylized maces are still supposed to crush flesh, bones and armor, right?

Quit with this whole "fiction does not have to have any rules!" meme, it's stupid.

It's like that video of Final Fantasy XV where Noctis is deflecting blows from those metal giants that look like they weight 100 tons. That just looks so damn stupid, I can't picture anything other than how teens are jerking over this dumb shit.

>pose Ike with Ragnell sideways in a shitty action pose
>to this day autists claim its attached to his arm
wew

Marche Radiuju (Male/female)

it's like a fishing pole. yeah, it's pretty fucking dumb

Heh, stupid gaijins. Unable to see true power of 1000 folded steel nippon Katana. As you so carelessly looked over, the Katana has nicked the filthy brutish longsword. Rendering it ugly and therefore useless in the honorabu field of battle.

However the Katana has now curved like a boomarang, and become a ranged weapon. Grorious Samurai has over 1mirrion uses for such a weapon.

Based Nippon.

not him but the artist did a shit job of showing depth

Every half life weapon. Hl2 weapons were good though.

Why does it look like a fucking slicing weapon then?
A stabbing weapon would work much better with such a mechanism

Where's lumina from musashi you fuck

fiction has fictional rules :^)

I'm aware, that's why I called it a shitty action pose.
Awakening should've just had that hentai artist do all their old artwork desu

Look at the direction his arm would be going and look at how the sword crosses over his leg

Fiction works under its own logic.

see

Well, Londo archers shoot fucking spears and no one said a thing.
I guess this one can pass too

makes you think

?

>put its fuel tank, on the back completely exposed with no armor or protection whatsoever.
>add some neon lights so people know what they're looking at.

I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

>implying the fallout series isn't full of awful ideas
Their world is supposed to be a bit fucked up, I wouldn't put it past an America on steroids to make a mini-nuke launcher, even if it's impractical.

>stock grips for child soldier hands
>pulley and cable are exposed
Objectively distasteful, I hope he put side panels on that shit.
Also, the rail looks like shit, but it would be hard to do anything about it that wouldn't make it look like a brick or even more difficult to service.

>let me create a world which doesn't function even remotely as ours
>why aren't people relating to the characters in our world, guys?

> Raiden blade God Tier
My nigga

why not?

Don't go talking shit about my Jat Kittag, negro.

Also, Warframe is full of ridiculous weaponry but I still like it.

>magazine fed automatic revolver

fugg

Metal Gear, you numb nuts

Right but you have to establish that logic otherwise our own takes precedence.

As an example it's established early on that Superman has super strength, so when he blocks a punch by Doomsday it feels legit. If Batman blocked said punch outside of a power suit it would look stupid and bullshity

I'm going to assume it's just a "prototype", by "prototype" I mean "lol I wonder if I can make this work in my shop using spare parts"

>because they're unimaginative autists unwilling to suspend their disbelief for one second
>welp, better make brown GoT ripoff no. 392

From the wiki page.

Scythes are fucking terrible weapons and usually used by the edgiest characters humanly possible but they still can be cool anyways.

Note that I said cool, they're still retarded.

i'm more of a kriegsmesser guy but anyone who knows just a tiny bit about metallurgy can see that the katana in the webm is made of aluminum.

>>missing the point

Yeah, it's pretty damn good if you look at it that way.

Is this gun in a videogame yet

but that's wrong
>Noctis get tired when running
>the weapon clearly has a sense of weight when he's swinging it
He seems pretty limited when the game wants to show it. I guess it's okay to bend the rules at the developer's will when Square does it
Fiction is based on hypothetical situations, when you bend some rules too much, you just end up looking like you're trying too hard to look cool. I mean if he doesn't have to deal with the crushing force of a giant metal shit trying to cleave him, why doesn't he just fly over it and blast it with metal-melting eye laser? Might as well do it

Hnngh

>watch me chop this sword in half
Who even thinks of this

Neither. Neither have eyes and cannot see. I feel like fucking Jaden Smith. Thanks guys.

Just got this game today, what can I expect?

They did in 3, yeah, and I guess they worked only if you were a really tough motherfucker like the series' protagonists.

Most of the other soldiers probably needed the ease of an automatic blade throughout the war.

>Every FF weapon, the thread
More like every nip game.

Of course the sword is going to break. You're using a lighter, faster, superior piece of steel to hit a heavy clunky sword. It is also held down by clamps so it doesn't account for the fact that the blade would be flung out of an attacker's hands, thus giving the katana wielder ample time to strike back and finish the job

3/10 mild bait video

How the fuck do you shoot? Wheres the trigger?

Garbage, like every other nip game.

Whats with this random image of a girl's back?

Just admit you got destroyed, kirito_uchiha99

I like warhammer 40k, but I'll easily be the first to admit some GW artists fuck up making functional gun designs, while people usually don't take into account anybody with enough status in 40k to use a bolter usually has access to some kind of targeting sensor link such as a space marine helmet or an eye augmentation, other aspects such as lacking proper sights, questionably functional ejection ports and fucked up trigger/pistol grips are rife.

But at least the heretic's weapon of choice still abides by some realistic standards.

I'm no katanafag, but this feels like a very limited comparison.

there's plenty of things that could break a longsword in a similar fashion, but it doesn't necessarily mean they'd make better weapons.

> Implying the gunblade is not the best RPG weapon ever created.

Seriously stop. You are just embarrassing yourself. I mean, even if one does not like FF VIII nor Parasite Eve the gunblade is awesome.

Yes, i am aware Solid Snake is from and says Metal Gear. What does it have to do with this thread?

Not gonna lie, if that was drawn better, it might actually be a good idea. It would be nice to have a decent hand-guard

Yeah he looks dumb as fuck, but really though, that dude would ruin your goddamn shit with that long ass sword.

In Maryland a few years back there was a dude that killed an intruder with one strike of a samurai sword.

Even if this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, with its length, just him panic swinging wildly, he's more than likely to catch you with one.

nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/09/johns_hopkins_student_from_nj.html

There's literally a big ass pull, you fucktard.

I'm just saying it's a biased and unrealistic comparison and it doesn't show off any of the katana's strengths

Conceptually that's a neat idea.

Shame it most likely doesn't work right.

hi :3

Holy fuck, i didnt know there was official art of all the CT weapons, this is awesome

The drive forms were magic, not the keyblade.

>Jap steel
>higher quality
I see you don't yet know why it had to be folded so many times. I'll clue you in: Japan has few iron ore deposits, and the ones they do have are poor quality.

Your best argument was that they're lighter and faster, but not for the reason you stated:
>it doesn't account for the fact that the blade would be flung out of an attacker's hands

let m_k = mass of katana,
m_l = mass of longsword
then
m_k * a1 = m_l * a2 by Newton's Third Law
now, since m_k > a2
thus your statement is incorrect; the change in acceleration would be higher in the katana wielder's hands

Weren't katanas only meant to be used on unarmored peasants anyways?

Wouldn't the recoil from this thing tear your arm off?

That's not how physics work, user.

Not once in my post did I ever say japanese steel was superior quality

Nice strawman there... Were my arguments a little too perfect for you to handle? It's okay, I understand the need to be right on an anonymous imageboard. Next time don't make up things up though. 'kay? 'kay

At the very least it would be a pretty immense recoil, right?