Dark Souls

So I recently acquired all three Souls games on pc and have a few questions.

Having never played a Souls game before which would you recommend to start with?
I'm much more comfortable on mouse and keyboard, will I really be punished for not using a controller?

Also general Souls thread I guess.

Get a controller.
Play the first one, then second, then third

Huh?

Play in release order, you fucking retard. You don't skip to the third Star Wars movie, do you? Or the third Harry Potter book?
Fuck off.

I played and beat all the souls with kb/m its definitely doable just unnecessarily harder.

Release order OP.

If you're halfway through DS2 and can't take it anymore, feel free to skip it.

Anyway, here's some artwork

souls is so fucking deep

dont believe in any of trolls who tell you the combat is mediocre and very repetitive. that the scenery is generic as living fuck. that the entire series is a meme

no, dont let them tell you that souls only has good monster designs. yes some of this art is actually good and this is literally the only single thing this game has going for it. dont let them make you believe how fucking stupid this game has become from placing so much hype on one small aspect.

In release order with controller

The first one is by far the best one out of the three even with all of its flaws, so don't expect the other two to even get close

I disagree, the endgame and DLC for DaS2 are incredibly unique and fun. If you get halfway through and feel like quitting just reroll an UGS build and cheese your way to the end.

Nah, it's not much harder without a controller. Even easier if you're not familiar with controllers at all, like me.

I usually recommend Dark Souls 1 so you can appreciate it fully, but you can't undervalue Dark Souls 3 having active multiplayer right now. The series has really unique systems and you don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

Get a controller

Not like the MP will be dead in the few weeks it'll take OP to take his time through the first 2.

You can play the game kb+m, but the game is designed to play with a controller.

Also, get DS fix for the 1st one. Pc port is pretty shit

>playing arpgs with a mouse and keyboard
If you like being an obstinate retard, go ahead.

>Someone's about to go through Dark Souls for the first time

I recommend 1 then 3, first one best one but the active online in 3 is defo something to get into, then 2 if you liked them both

>Having never played a Souls game before which would you recommend to start with?
The first one of course.
>will I really be punished for not using a controller?
Not at all, but you will have to get gudder.

I recommend playing the first one, and if you get bored or tired of it and feel like quitting the series, play the third one before you give up, then come back to the first one after playing the third.

How many points of dexterity do you guys recommend for a dex based build?I currently have 35 dex on my character and i don't know if i should go further.

forgot to mention that i'm playing DS1.

Dexterity stops scaling heavily at 40. Strength has the ability to be multiplied by holding with two hands, so to get full damage from Strength, you only need 27.