The Last Guardian "gameplay"

The Last Guardian "gameplay"

youtube.com/watch?v=MMFD2Q3FPIA

wew lad, can't wait for those paid 10/10 "made me cry" reviews

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6u7N9-euAsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So it's just ico with some sotc thrown in. We waited all this time for that? They could have done something new.

As a "trilogy" of games, this honestly makes the most sense.

The first two feed into and inform the finale. It works.

Maybe it's disappointing in the moment but in the future when we look back on these games as a collective, it'll feel a lot better for them to be consistent like this.

Though, to be honest, I'm not sure what you were expecting of a third Team Ico game if it wasn't this...

literally what did you expect?

Looks very ugly.

Looks alright, though I hope the puzzles get harder and there's less leaps of faith that the Griffin just pulls you out of.

It looks like it's a tutorial area, so they'll probably be better puzzles, but it looks like they'll really be pushing trusting the Griffin to save you, and it trusting you to save it.

The graphics are fine, there's some really cute animations.

The controls look unresponsive and fiddly and the camera is incredibly bad at times.

Looks good.

That music is goat.

>Dude what if we just took a PS3 game and beefed it up to 1080p?
>Star.

When will this "Ico was good" meme die? Even SotC was just a bunch of good boss fights and nothing else. They make malnourished games and claim it's "artistic"

Looks great, day 1 for sure.

Day 1 will never come, you foolish dreamer.

I know it's hard to believe, but some people like the things that you don't like.

>lets make ico
>except remove the combat part

worse than sotc confirmed

but it'll get 10's like op said because MUH FEELINGS

Game looks boring as fuck. I like how they even cut out parts of the video because they took so long.

Probably just cut parts of the player not knowing what to do.

Feels more like a walking simulator than a game.

2deep4me desu. Pass.

>Implying Ico was about combat

Not only that, but there are AI enemies in this game, so combat is still there in a sense, although the only thing they've shown is the kid throwing barrels at the guys.

is it just me or does this game look like a real life mixed with cgi movie from the early 2000?
e.g. 14:00 onwards where the animal catches the boy, it looks like it was photoshopped in it?
The cgi-comic-artstyle of the boy let it look like fucking space jam.

They should just scrap this Ico sequel and make something with gameplay like Shadow of the Colossus.

>it's a meme for people to say they liked a game

No, but you're a meme for using that shit so wrongly.

That's kind of what they have done, just without the whole killing the giant creatures aspect. You have the exploration of Ico, and the climbing elements of SotC. I'm guess the kid may even have a stamina gauge in the full release, or at least something to make certain climbing parts challenging so you're not just zipping to the top of shit.

The boy actually doesn't look as cel-shaded as before, he's kind of returned to what he was before, but still has the overall more expressive face. As for Trico, they really did put in a lot of work to make his feathers look natural and not just be a bunch of meshes that move in obvious as fuck pockets like what you see in most other games.

I think waiting around for Trico's lumbering animations to play out might get old when trying to solve puzzles.

>Triangle is jump

No

looks boring as fuck, shadow of the colossus is more comfy

nice memeing fellow memester

i hope you aren't MEMELY PRETENDING :3c

A good game.

>I can say this game I haven't even played will be bad, huurr

Can't wait until NEVER EVER PCucks stay mad forevermore when it's declared GOTY.

TLG gets a lot of dislikes and unwarranted hate somehow, much more than other upcoming PS games. I read some youtube comments and they were comparing it to Limbo.
That shows they're definitely not from the sony camp.

Unless it turns out to be even better than SotC, I doubt it'll get that much praise beyond the most loyal Ico fans and an acceptable turnout in sales.

>literally shadow of ico

And that's bad, how?

Both control like ass and I can see this does too. But I'll still get this game.

it's lazy

>control like ass

Except that's wrong, both Ico and SotC controlled just fine.

Not really. Ico didn't have a giant griffin pet/friend to smash the monsters, and SotC only had a few ruined city/fortresses to explore while the rest of the areas were just enclosed spaces or open fields.

shitty art games

predictable shitpost bait

GOTYAY

>both Ico and SotC controlled just fine.
I can tell you've never played ico

>Jumping is incredibly delayed. If you hit the button, you don't jump until about half a second later
>It takes very long to turn around sometimes. Especially when jumping.
>When you run into a wall holding Yorda, it somehow allows the shadow monsters to get her even though you're still moving. And even the tiniest walls can obstruct your path and screw you over.
>Sometimes when you try to perform an action, like pull a switch, light a torch/bomb or help Yorda traverse a gap or ledge, it doesn't work unless you're standing in the right spot.
>Yorda is slow and stupid. Sometimes she doesn't know to climb a ladder unless she's right in front of it. She stops dead in her tracks for no reason sometimes, and she won't climb a ladder if Ico is already on it.

He looks to move pretty fast in some cases, so maybe he only lumbers near the start after being freed from his confines.

It is what we knew it was going to be for years

I can YOU haven't played the game. Jumping had no "delay" to it, it worked just as you pressed the button. Turning around wasn't slow, you did it as you rotated the stick. Walls were not a problem, stop running into them like a retard. If you had trouble pulling switches, you clearly weren't in position. Yorda was only "slow and stupid" in the American release back in 2001, and even then she was manageable given that the enemies barely swarmed her if you were close.

Seriously, you don't know shit.

nope, just watch the part where the kid picks up the glowing urn(?) to get the beast to open the door

he picks it up and begins shuffling along, and then the video cuts to him placing the urn

Doesn't look too different from Ico. How can you niggers praise that 5hrs long handholding simulator yet shit on the Last Guardian?

At least TLG looks more interesting and might be longer than 5 hours.

If you praise Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as "OMG SO ARTISTIC VIDYA IS LITERALLY ART! TOP 10 BEST GUMS EVER" but shit on The Last Guardian considering what we've seen so far you are a fucking hypocrite.

looks exactly what i'd expect

Probably just because they didn't want to waste all that time showing him shuffling along with the urn.

ill take this over another shooter or moba any day.

>looks interesting
>stand in place and spam animal call button until he does what he wants you to do

in before 'its part of the experience'.

If I'd known they were making an animal rape simulator ahead of time, I wouldn't have preordered this. CANCELLED.

Because it was an amazing 5hr long handholding simulator.

It looked like a Team ICO game from the start. What they accomplished on the PS2 was nothing short of miraculous but I can see this one reviewing in the 7/8 range since what was once ahead of the curve is a lot less so today. Still seems like a good game, just not groundbreaking like their last two were.

if they dont want to show it, what makes them think players want to do it?

boring

>post yfw this board is filled with people so young they don't even remember The Last Guardian 2009 trailer and don't even know what Ico, SoTC are.

That has nothing to do with whether the player wants to do it, they just skimmed ahead because it would have been something like a minute of the kid carrying the urn to the location it needs to be placed.

Except you have to train the birdcat to obey you.

I've never played Ico or sotc. Should I give it a go Cred Forums?

Video Games are fucking doomed and I hate everything.

Please burn it all.

I don't know man, majority of the people who tried says the controls are clunky and a bit dated

>this shit will get a pass for being a walking simulator nongame 2deep4u "art statement"
>but Gone Home is still considered shit

And they'll call everything they see about it a walking simulator because that's the new cool teen buzzowrd

it's shit because there is no crafting, no stats, no online

Exactly. The only reason anyone expects differently is because it was in development hell for like a decade. It looks exactly like what anyone could've guessed it was going to be, which means that it should've come out a decade ago. Aside from closure it's too little, too late at this point. It's not gonna live up to the decade-long, delay-induced hype. It's gonna be Team ICO doing what they do, hooray.

How young are you?

In all honesty I agree. The most excitement I've had playing a video game in a long time was the Dead Rising port just recently. Pretty sad.

Play those first, preferably the PS3 HD collection if you can. If you really like those, give TLG a go as it looks to be more of the same.

What a coincidence, none of those things appeal to me.

He's most likely a PC gamer who only uses steam so like 14

:^)

I'm sure.

Looks just like Ico or SotC. And by that I mean it looks good but this will get shredded because of unrealistic high expectations after it finally came out of development hell.

>no argument, just use fishface emoticon

Ebin post, kiddo.

What do you think a walking simulator is?

gameplay when

Except it's not trying to be art, it's just being the kind of game the creator wants to make, unlike Gone Home which literally was made to be a statement about gay characters in games and incite people to praise it for doing something so obnoxiously pandering.

>He thinks an arthouse piece of shit like this is going to do something like that

>If a game has no combat it is automatically a shit walking simulator

I dont know if these people are shitposting or legit underaged retards. Its Cred Forums after all.

Uncharted gameplay but worse. The animation also looks borked.

Check out this life-sized meme over here

>1:13
>doesn't break his fucking limbs
>cinematic and engrossing

Fuck this shit

>"gameplay"
Why the quote marks?

I thought Gone Home did a good job of conveying a story through its environment. Said story was shit, but the WAY it was told was alright as it never really took control away from the player. The monologues could've (and should've) been cut but otherwise the storytelling was actually good in it. I like not being forced into expository cutscenes.

It is because they shown you feeding the creature, treating its wounds, and statements in interviews have pointed out that the griffin isn't all cuddly and endeared to you from the get go.

Stay wrong.

>spoilered

Why, user? Your opinion is top notch.

Yeah it's too video gamey.

>game has no killing
>therefore, game is shit

Yes that is the "gameplay" of a puzzle-platformer, were you expecting it to be a shmup or something?

It's hardly that high a drop.

Because saying anything good about GH is frowned upon.

>cinematic
He just jumped, what are you on about?

The animation system for the creature is insane
it acts and moves lie a real cat

other than that the visuals are so so, the kids clothing clips through everything and himself
gameplay so afr seems rather simple, hope it gets more complex as it goes along, i think the creature is supposed to fly kater along, but i dont know

needs more loot

I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right

It really irks me that the quality of animation between the chimera and the kid is like night and day.

No, you're not.

Well why wouldn't they be different? The kid's human, the catbirddog is something with no real-life equivalent, but yet they managed to make it move like something that could exist. Which is saying a lot compared to how many giant CG creatures in movies have been shown to move like the nonexistent air they occupy.

Just watched the first 40 seconds. Makes me feel like I did when I first played Ico in a Kmart. Fucking fantastic game.

Cred Forums liked Ueda a few years ago. What happened?

>except remove the worst part of that game

I don't see a problem with this.

They actually demoed Ico at a store? Didn't think the game was ever given such a chance outside of the few gaming rags that would put out demo discs.

Shitposters are the majority now. If you want to talk about video games you have to go to /vg/ and /vr/.

Actually it's the other way around. The chimera has good animations and smooth transistions between them while the kid doesn't.

It's looking pretty good.

The kid has good animations, though. And knowing Ueda and his autism, that's probably as deliberate as Yorda's awkward animations.

Which is great.

The kid's animations are just fine.

Game looks fine. I hope it opens up to some degree of exploration later on, not just corridors from start to finish.

The boy's movement really bothers me though. it seems like the player tried their darndest to not push the analog all the way so the boy doesn't go to his running animation since the acceleration is pretty retarded.

I hope they can fix that before release.

It's probably a deliberate thing.

I would think it'll be something like Ico where you'll have free reign of the city/fortress for the most part. At least it'll be cool to see where you'll be going to next/later on like in Ico and how you could spot areas you'd visit from all over the castle.

how did it come to this?

Why is this game so fucking overhyped?

I just can't understand it.

If it were overhyped, it'd have a massive ad campaign, commercials on everything from tv and youtube, and have every major website doing "updates" on it when all they can manage is scraping together a sentence they coaxed out of the developer. As it is, the game is lucky to have even stayed relevant in the 8 years since it got announced.

you guys preaching that one like crazy. It's not about the mainstream media.

This. It probably won't even sell more than a million copies.

Easy, Ico and SotC were pretty much tech benchmarks for the PS2 that happened to also be decent games. Team ICO made a hell of a name for themselves back in the mid 00s, so whatever they came up with next was guaranteed to be paid attention to. Couple that with the years long delay of this game and expectations are through the roof. Turns out that it just looks like more of what they were doing in the mid 00s, though that really says something about what they did on the PS2 as it really does look like they've barely progressed.

It's what a decade of wait does to people.

Then what is it about?

Pewdiepie will play this because SOTC is one of his favorite games, millions will watch it and if even like 20% that will buy into it there is your million already.

This game isn't even hyped let alone overhyped. You don't see it anywhere in the media except when it's shown in Sony conferences. It's getting shat on pretty hard too based on this thread, like 50/50.

It'll probably sell a good bit. Probably not as much as Sotc because of the lack of exposure and people disappointed it's not Sotc2.

The delays and memes around the delays brought a lot of retards into the mix that never cared or even played team Icos other games. And that is what people call overhype now.

People like me that loved team Icos games are actually a minority in this cesspool. The majority are underage memelords.

It's an Ico game.

Platforming and puzzles in pretty, desolate environments.

What are you faggots expecting exactly?

This is the truth. Ico is legit a bad game and SotC is no better.

That's some pretty nice glass breaking. Most games just have that shit "crack" or just vanish in a weird powdery effect.

Things said by people who never played ICO games for 100

Nah, you don't know shit and I'm not even the user you're talking to. Ico had lag and a shit load of problems on top of being a shitty game.

Wow, that controller UI is intrusive.

Hope they make it look better in the final release.

It's kids who're looking for an epic tortanic moment. don't mind them.

I do know my shit, and there was no lag. If you're so certain, then actually prove it you lying shit.

I didn't play either until a couple years back and I enjoyed both of them quite a bit. Ico's basically one big Zelda dungeon and I'm alright with that, while SotC was a beautiful gauntlet of solid boss fights. Granted, I do have a bias for game design of that time compared to what's being done nowadays so that might have something to do with it.

You can probably turn it off in the menu.

This was only funny around nine years ago.

>those animations

Yep. That's an ICO game alright.

Yeah, I'm seeing this too. It still looks like everything I wanted in the first place, no more and no less.

>an epic tortanic moment

It's painfully true. No Man's Sky was already the Tortanic of 2016. Everything else is looking alright at the very least. Even RE7 is looking a little less shitty.

I heard that the one leap of faith wasn't scripted, though it's possible they might have changed it just for the sake of something iconic, like the bridge breaking in Ico where only through a bit of glitching can you even avoid having to hoists Yorda's fat butt from the ledge.

while it seems to pretty much just be a more developed Ico, it still feels really fresh compared to the other big games that are getting released nowadays
though i'm not buying a ps4, so, eh

Probably a little of column A and column B.

agree
kid animation is jerky and has collision problems
he clips through everything in sight and moves very weirdly

the bird thing on other hand is much larger so the same collision detection distance looks 10x better on him, also obviously has a much more complex rig
bottom line it dosnt look up to aaa standards, especially if you look how lara or drake or ass creed look when climbing shit or jumping around

Why should the kid move any of those guys? Better he reacts to when you move him than having to go through a bunch of mocap shit that can't be interrupted until the animation completes.

Not him but I expected more polish from a game that has been in development for almost a decade. Especially if it involves gameplay.
Guess I should just lower my expectations.

At least it feels close this time. All of the other promised dates were always so far off that the delays weren't as surprising when they happened.

You should've already lowered your expectations from this god awful year of gaming & current console generation.

it looks polished enough. Some minor clothing clipping and the character not being weighted by 100% realistic physics is hardly a bad thing.

>game is shit!
>even if they people like, it's shit!
wew lad

That must require some premium autism for anyone to have such dedication in shitposting about a game they hate.

Seems more like the playtester is just crap, which seems to happen a lot when they have a Japanese person showing off a game.

This. It's unlikely they'll ever do anything more "traditional" as a game unless Ueda decides he wants to try something more commonly seen like an RPG or some kind of action-adventure.

>Team icotards unironically believe all the "looks and plays like a PS2 game/plays like Ico" is a compliment

DAMAGE
FUCKING
CONTROL

You waited a decade for this shit game. Japan's Duke Nukem Forever. At least FFXV looks pretty on the Neo, TLG doesnt even have an update for 4K and HDR in the works LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

XD

nice shitpost kiddo, totally trebin.

How's school been for you?

>The third game in a trilogy is similar to the first two
Are you retarded?

Wait Ico was a sequel to SOTC?

What the fuck?

Does the guy who gets turned into a baby become a person again?

HOLY SHIT IS THE KID FROM ICO THE BABY FROM SOTC?

It's not really a trilogy, though it probably will connect to the other two in some little way.

Sort of. Ico is set hundreds of thousands of years after Shadow of the Colossus. Wander is basically Ico's ancestor.

So are there any nods to SOTC besides aesthetic of the game?

Like if it didn't look so similar to SOTC artwise, or you didnt hear anything from the company would you know it was a sequel?

Nobody knows. The most people have had to go on is Trico and his similarities to the colossi;

>horns have a similar glow to the ones that had more obvious horns
>his overall size is on par with some of the large colossi

And that's about it so far. The overall aesthetic is similar, but so was Sotc in being similar to Ico, which is probably just a visual consistency Ueda has maintained.

Whether or not it's a sequel or prequel is anyone's guess. I'm figuring it'll tie into the other two, but probably not as closely as Sotc tied into Ico.

I still like to think of sotc taking place years after Ico, where the shadow kids/sacrifices free from the Queen's control gathered together to form the dormin

Where did all this hate against "art" games come from

youtu.be/6u7N9-euAsA

Best part of the Sony Conference.

seriously, they know that we all were wanting and expecting a racing game.

>with some sotc thrown
where? Fucking dumb shills I swear.

As pointed out, most of the hate is just people shitposting. However, there is some understandable dislike for such games due to how a lot of them are just trying to be artsy and "feelsy" without having anything noteworthy in gameplay, not to mention often being short as hell because nearly every developer of such games think that Ico being 4 hours was one of the reasons it was liked.

With all of that said, I don't really find this or the other Team Ico games to be "art" games since they weren't trying to any such thing, just unique titles that took on a distinct gameplay at the discretion of their creator.

>without having anything noteworthy in gameplay
Not every game has to be mechanically deep

>not to mention often being short as hell
Is there a problem with this other than value for money?

They still need to have something gameplay-wise to be considered a game, user. Problem is, a lot of stuff will barely let you play before locking you into cutscenes or text crawls that take forever to get through, but wind up being praised because the shit said something meaningful or "progressive"

There's nothing I hate more than games that have you solve really simple environmental puzzles but have inputting the solution take a year. Pushing around boxes isn't interesting, and neither is rolling around heavy cylindrical metal things on fixed tracks.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe after we started getting a thousand 2deep4you indie games every year? Honestly, if Ico had been released today, it would have been overshadowed so fucking hard. The Last Guardian's "free pass" is the fact that it's made by the same guys that made Ico and SotC.

It's shit, I don't like it, it's not a game etc etc

>it's ok to discuss this one made me cri ;_; indie game because it's a ps4 exclusive!!!!

>It's shit, I don't like it, it's not a game etc etc

Is that a generic quote or a statement on the game itself?

It's a generic quote because this game doesn't deserve ANY of the praise that it's getting. There's literally nothing to discuss about it, its existence is pointless.

literally as boring as shit like limbo or inside. guess it'll be nice 'for the feels' etc.

You hate this game because "thousands" of other games that you haven't played exist?

> a thousand 2deep4you indie games every year
Name 10 in 2016

Now I don't know who you're supposed to be making fun of

>So it's just ico
Well, they're not called Team Ico for their branching creativity.

>game isn't even out
>WAAAA OVERRATED REEEEEEE

This game took too long to come out.
The current gaming climate has completely changed, and this will no longer be viewed through the same lens that it was so many years ago.
They done goofed the fucked out of this development.

>They still need to have something gameplay-wise to be considered a game
I know, I said it doesn't have to be complex
> a lot of stuff will barely let you play before locking you into cutscenes or text crawls that take forever to get through, but wind up being praised because the shit said something meaningful or "progressive"
Such as

>all these fucking sonyggers defending this turd movie

So, can we discuss gone homo now since it's ok when games aren't really games?

Sorry user my question was related to ico/Sotc, I never played Ico, I dont know which one was prequel or sequel, but I'm curious if they tie into eachother at all

The Catbirddog actually makes everything seem very organic, and all the things going on outside like the bridges chattering and the birds going by only adds to it. It looks like a very polished Ico

Says you.

this looks like one of the most BASIC platformers i have ever seen. typical sony dumping all the money into making a fucking bird/dog that does sweet fa other than some scripted shit

but because it's a ps4 exclusive i'm sure it will get glowing reviews, even though we already know the bird dog will die

not even getting this for my ps4 because i'll be too busy playing persona 5 instead

>Puzzle-platformers aren't games

>"""""""""puzzle""""""""""

Wait a minute that block...

>it's a puzzle platformer where the puzzles aren't hard and the platforming isn't difficult
this is inside all over again

Crystal Dynamics please go

>it's not punishing me for not turning the block at the right angle and doing it in under 3 seconds!

Keep crying, bitch.

Even after like 7 years that section at the end triggers the fuck out of me. Intuitively you'd say that pushing a fucking cylindrical wooden object on a sloped ledge would cause it to gain speed and knock the animal off, but because it's literally the only thing you can do you just push it anyway and it ends up being the solution.

Did you play it yet?

Was Ico not a walking and handholding simulator?

If you want to be technical about things, sure. But you still had more input in the game than say something like Dear Esther where you just walking and look at stuff and occasionally hear some shit.

>movie meme

Elven host, Fido!

What the fuck were they doing for 11 years?

The game has concepts and controls that work exactly as they did in their previous games, they already had the groundwork.

Did they scrap the entire game several times and start over like Duke Nukem Forever?

Why is the stupid kid a cartoon while everything else is "realistic"?

No one cares about you desu

They didn't have all the ideas in place. Around the time they first showed off the game in 09, they were still working out how they wanted Trico to move and how his AI would interact with the player in a believable, animalistic way and not just a giant "not-human" thing. Beyond that, they had issues making the game run on the PS3 for the first few years, which forced them to spec up things for the first few trailers shown.

The kid doesn't look cartoonish in the least.

I think it looks really good actually, even though I had zero interest in it before. Just gotta hope the gameplay isn't just a walking simulator with no challenging puzzles to solve.

It'll probably be somewhere between Ico and Shadow. The combat will be more about getting the drop on the knights and not killed or kidnapped again or whatever they try to do with you, while the climbing will have its share of challenges as you avoid ill-timed jumps and avoiding traps.

Game looks like exactly what I thought it would be? A nice looking puzzle game like the other two..?

Um why the hate?

This is next level shilling. I'm impressed by your work.

>people aren't blindly hating on the game! Shills! SHIILLS! SHILLS I SAY!!!!

It looks just like Ico/SoC. I'm so glad that it has nothing to do with modern Sony games such as Uncharted or The last of Uncharted. I was really afraid that Sony would ruin it one way or another.

Nintoddlers.

why are you so mad?

No, just false flaggers. Nintendo fans couldn't care less about the game.

Ico is so fucking overrated.

SoTC is still one of the best game ever made.

This looks like Ico so I'll wait until it's on sale sometime.

Most of Cred Forums wasn't even born when Ico was released.

Especially when they have a shit load more of platformer games.

Just a shitposter, ignore them.

because its a high profile PS4 exclusive, so Cred Forums hates it

everyone who is a TEAM ICO fan is happy with it, everyone else have never played a TEAM ICO game.

Ico's hardly overrated.

Kill yourself man, it's possible to both play TEAM ICO games and not like them. I've played ICO and SotC and ICO was mostly pretty shit, and this looks to be suffering from the same problems. I'd honestly rather play an interactive movie than constantly wait on boring puzzles that take longer to input than they take to figure out. Have good gameplay or none at all, don't do this boring shit with frustrating controls.

More interested in Rime now.

I have to buy every game I set out to buy for the PS4 in 2016 to justify buying it.

This feels like cuckery.

Sure buddy

Am I getting old now Cred Forums? I love games like Ico and SoTC but seeing so much hate for them in this thread makes me realize I'm getting too old for this place, 32 here, maybe it is time to leave.