ITT: We name games we actually dislike despite it's popularity

>frustrating awkward jap controls

Other urls found in this thread:

healthguidance.org/entry/15872/1/Overcoming-Inferiority-Complex.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree, despite playing the game fully and enjoying it. I'm actually having a tougher time than I expected getting into mgs3.
Also
>pretty much any rts

The controls are pretty easy to get used to though.

I don't get this complaint about any game. I usually can get a good handle on any control scheme after like an hour or 2.

>mgsv tpp
>the game is supposed to be empty and unfulfilling because le phantom pain lel

>need two press two buttons to aim and shoot while standing still
>boss character moves

You press R1 to go into first person view, and press square to ready your weapon, releasing to fire. Pretty simple. You can move and shoot, too. You just can't move and shoot using first-person aiming--which is a good thing. The boss fights just require a degree of timing; I don't see the issue there.

Hi Hideo

I never understand complaints about bad controls, I never even understood the whole tank control bitching, it's a game y'know, they're not meant to all be the same.

Having unconventional control schemes is fine if they lend you more control over your character.

I'm not, I just don't understand what the bitching is about. It's a stealth game, not a first-person shooter. The game gives you generous amounts of time to aim during boss fights.

This is true but it doesn't mean it has to be frustrating but rather challenging. Either way this is only my opinion as I know there are people out there who just think Dark Souls was a death simulator

MGS is not a stealth game.
Deus Ex is more of a stealth game than MGS is.

>The game gives you generous amounts of time to aim during boss fights

No.

Final Fantasy games. The artstyle, character design, stories, and music do absolutely nothing for me.

The 2D Nintendo ones were alright, but nothing special.

The interesting setting does not make up for bad RPG-elements and worse combat.

That might be true of MGS1 or MGS4, but MGS2 is pretty stealth-centric even if it contains action heavy segments.
Git gud.

I think I'm more fond of the idea of Mass Effect than the game itself.

>does not make up for bad RPG-elements and worse combat.

This.

I honestly have no idea why these series are so popular besides for the story

Every MGS game forces you into awful bossfights and mandatory action setpieces. MGS2 was worse about that than the first game.

MGS being a stealth series is a normalfag meme. It forces action upon you constantly, in each and every game.

>everyone losing their shit over Mother 3 english patch
>giveitago.jpg
>OPENING scene is your mom dies and your dad takes it hard
>well shit, i thought this was a light hearted RPG game?
>IMMEDIATELY after, everyone starts making jokes

Now is not the time to be funny. What are you doing to me game. What is the tone? Why is the tone all over the fucking place at different parts of the game?
I even played Earthbound and just do not understand the praise this series gets.

>MGS2 was worse about that than the first game.
Nope. There are boss fights and things like the sniping section that act as a bit of a breather, but most of the game is spent sneaking around. MGS1 relies much more heavily on action than MGS2 does.
>MGS being a stealth series is a normalfag meme. It forces action upon you constantly, in each and every game.
The series on the whole still emphasizes stealth a great deal, even if it also juggles other things. Most of the time spent in MG1 and MG2 is in sneaking, most of the time spent in MGS2 and MGS3 is in sneaking.

>Bloodborne
It's like a casualized Souls game with shinier graphics. People praise it so much because it's literally the only game the ps4 has.
"Soulsborne" is also a very shitty way to define the genre.

>music do absolutely nothing for me.
Damn son. Music is half the reason you play FF.

>The series on the whole still emphasizes stealth a great deal, even if it also juggles other things.
No, the emphasis is always on the action and the bosses particularly.
There's more "stealth" in those games than most action games, but it's as deep as a puddle and pales in comparison to any game which actually implements stealth.
MGS is about action before anything else, deal with it.

I don't know if I should get the Vita collection or Journey. Is MGS2 really the great, relevant po-mo experience Cred Forums makes it out to be?
The soundtrack, aesthetic and overall atmosphere is great in BB. It also has some of the best bosses in the series.

> music do absolutely nothing for me.

The Vita collection will give you more bang for your buck but the controls in MGS2 can be a bit awkward.

>No, the emphasis is always on the action and the bosses particularly.
The series has always had plenty of bosses, and they're certainly a highlight of the series, but that doesn't erase the emphasis on sneaking. MG1, MG2, Ghost Babel, MGS2, MGS3--these are all very stealth-heavy games.

The only reason I brought it up is that the controls reflect this, which is why the way the games handle shooting isn't really an issue unless you're just bad at video games.
>deal with it.
I only deal with things that are actually correct, user. That the games have plenty of action doesn't mean that that's their chief emphasis.

If you loved MGS1, then MGS2 is exactly what you need to play. Don't play it under other circumstances.

MGS3 pretty much works on its own, even if you don't like the rest.

It depends on how much of the game has been spoiled for you. To experience the game as fully intended, it works better if you don't know the direction the game is going to take. Granted, I knew what was going to happen and I still loved MGS2.

How does it compare to the PS2 version? I had that but dropped it because "muh Raiden" and because I was a massive Nintoddler at the time.

I might get it since people really circlejerk it, but Journey looks pretty good, too.

I feel this way about MGS1. Stopped playing at the sniper wolf fight. The controls to the sniper rifle is so stupid. Found MGS3 and MGS2 worked a lot better.

>MGS3 pretty much works on its own
This isn't quite true. A lot of the impact in its narrative comes from its status as a prequel and the presumed familiarity the audience has with previous games. Ocelot's conversation with the DCI, where the game leaves Naked Snake, and the entire significance of the Philosophers and the Legacy rests heavily on the foundation of previous games. It works standalone more than other Metal Gear games, but I wouldn't say it's particularly standalone in general.

Journey is pretty basic. It's a neat experience but it won't last you long.

Uninteresting story and horrible combat/controls.

>ITT
>Im bad at video games and this is good

We're going in circles here.
MGS as a series contains a limited degree of stealth, sure. But it's not really the focus, the action is, because the action is what's forced down your throat. You can play MGS without being stealthy more than you can play it without using action.

>The only reason I brought it up is that the controls reflect this, which is why the way the games handle shooting isn't really an issue unless you're just bad at video games.
MGS controls aren't particularly suited towards stealth.
It's just generic top down 2D fare for MG1 and 2. Plenty of pure action games function the same way.
All MGS games before Subsistence are basically just 2D games, because 3D interactions are clumsy and slipshod.

>disliking a game despite its popularity
>implying popularity means shit
Kill yourself

>bad controls
>no story
>no direction
>expects you to know everything before you play

literally the cancer killing video games. Fucking weeb nerd shit

Bad Taste General

I'd rather play the next EA inspired Call of Duty game than some hipster Jap shit like MGS 2 again

>the action is what's forced down your throat
there is only action in mgs2 if you are shit at stealth and get caught.
other than boss battles of course.

plus MGS games are action games, focusing on stealth

The DKCs.
The level design bores me to death and I always thought they looked hideous.

ITT: Massive asshurt

thanks op raging fanboys are hilarious

It's funny because I think that MGS2 has the gameplay in the series

>plus MGS games are action games, focusing on stealth
That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm glad we're in agreement that stealth is a secondary consideration.

>I need "Hints" and someone who holds my hand and flashy waypoints!
Faggot cocksucker

It sure does has the gameplay

>It's like a casualized Souls game
>no shield
>casualized

You just described pure glory.
>learn how to play, can play it forever
instead of
>have to replay the tutorialized beginning every time I want to pick the game up

KEK

>But it's not really the focus, the action is, because the action is what's forced down your throat. You can play MGS without being stealthy more than you can play it without using action.
On the lower difficulties, maybe. The series is fairly punishing otherwise. But, again, you're wrong either way: most of the time is spent sneaking. There's no other way of phrasing this. Save for a couple games that's where most of the player's time is spent. That sneaking isn't the sole element in Metal Gear doesn't mean that it isn't largely the focus.
>MGS controls aren't particularly suited towards stealth.
That's not really what I'm saying, though. I'm saying that the lack of emphasis on fluid first-person shooting isn't an issue because most of the shooting is done within the context of a stealth game. You use it for bosses, yes, but the game gives the player adequate time to aim.
>It's just generic top down 2D fare for MG1 and 2
Not sure what you're saying here. That the games themselves are generic (which is wrong), or that the controls are generic (which is also wrong)?
>All MGS games before Subsistence are basically just 2D games
Kind of, but that's a disingenuous statement.

>fighting with people in bad taste general

I fucking hate MGS2 but love MGS3.

Honestly my main problem with DaS is the grinding. Select and area and run back and forth through it, going back to the bonfire again to revive enemies so you can keep grinding until you have enough souls to get an extra level. Same with the materials to upgrade your equipment. It's really tedious and cheap for an action game that is supposed to be hard because of its level design and enemy placement and patterns. Classic Castlevania games have those qualities and they don't force you to grind.

Sure, the risk-reward system is great as well as the build system, but if you aren't up to certain level the game treats you like a bitch.

And the attack queue is debatable. Sometimes I want to move instead of slashing a fourth time, but the delay in rolls and attacks makes a player instinctively press the button an extra time. Response in my controls is something I always appreciate.

You're such a fucking casual, holy shit. Also probably part of the reason why games suck dick now.

>boring
>slow enemies
>not enough ammo makes things artificially hard
>confusing gameplay expects you to play with a guide

>inb4 pcuck
Truth is I really just can't get into it. Lovecraftian Victorian setting just doesn't do it for me.

>You're such a fucking casual, holy shit. Also probably part of the reason why games suck dick now.

>force you to grind.
It doesn't, you have the choice to. Are you saying it shouldn't even be an option?
I might agree with that, would be a good casual filter.

That's some low quality bait

user I enjoyed playing the Dark Souls series. The control scheme of MGS2 was pure garbage and the game was filled with way too many unnecessary cut scenes which slowed the gameplay

Its not bait. The game is trash action sequences with shoe horned logic puzzles and forced ammo scarcity

>cut scenes
you can skip them you know

You have no idea how to construct an argument, huh? You can't just say MGS2's controls are garbage wihtout something to back it up. Even if you've never played MGS before 2, after booting the game up it should take you around ten minutes to grasp most of the things you can do. And even then Otacon calls you in optional codecs to hammer shit in, just for brain-dead retards who can't listen.

MGS2 is perfectly fine and a joy to play. Just because you can't grasp shit like "press square and L1 at the same time" doesn't mean it isn't.

Fuck off, nu male.

Fallout 4
The original dark souls (I liked 3 a lot)
The Witcher 1 and 2
Nu Tomb Raider
Any Diablo style game
Pikmin 3
Devil May Cry 4
Tales series even though I havent played a single game they just look really fucking boring

And most of all

Wind Waker. I can not understand how people like that fucking game so much. The only way it makes sense to me is if it was your first zelda game

>and forced ammo scarcity
It's called a survival game you imbecile.

Its called like just make a good game. I shouldnt suffer so the director can indulge in some power fantasy in controlling my emotions and make me scared or some gay shit like that

Are you saying it shouldn't even be an option?
Yes. I'm saying that. Instead they should balance enemies in difficulty levels and drop you optional secret health containers as you explore and go further. And if you keep the soul system, use it for money to buy spells and weapons and such.

But I'd rather have an actual difficult game where every step is a struggle for fair reasons and not because you are underleveled.

>a challenge? in my game? I can't even I'm suffering so much

>press r1 to aim
>press square to ready gun
>release to shoot
>all while unable to move
>all while boss character moves around shooting at you

Ok.

It's a button press not a pull up you turtle.

tactical espoionage action.
I would suggest that the tactical part is stealth and espionage solo, behind enemy lines and procure on sight.
action says for itself.

MGS are stealth games to me, but I play them like that. when I want action to mess around I purposely get caught and play with the tac teams.
Play it no kills no alerts and there is no action other than the bosses.

Are you functionally retarded? Teenagers and literal children were able to play this game fine, what the fuck is your excuse?

user that still doesn't make it anymore fluid but frustrating. I get it user you really love this, good for you but I'm just saying it's a piece of shit to me

>I have no argument, let me just greentext and use an image

classic Cred Forums

>teenagers and children

yes totally not hivemind at all

And people are calling you out for being a retarded casual, which you are. So don't get mad.

Do you have issues with tank controls as well?

>its

Fix'd it for ya. No charge.

God tier game, get better tastes kiddo.

I'm just pointing out that your attempt at making it sound bad just makes it sound like you have some sort of disability

I just stated my argument it's pretending to not read someone's counter argument and go on proving whatever point user is shoveling at is classic Cred Forums

Wut

Dark Cloud 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, I think it's superb. Oh well, I'm sorry you didn't like it user, some things just aren't for everyone.

nice meme

So I don't like your game so that makes me disabled? The controls weren't smooth at all but go on pretending like they didn't cus "muh nostalgia"

I was 13 when MGS2 came out and I beat it in a week. All I'm hearing you say is you have worse motor skills and comprehension than a 13 year old.

I'd fucking hate to see your retarded ass try and play The Wonderful 101.

Complete trash

>boring
>grindy
>oh lets just make the player play through level one 15 times, and level two 25 etc
>bad combat controls

Sure, you like shit

And how does that make you feel?

Agree

>I have never played on European Extreme: The Post

Think you don't know how to play RPGs.

You liking it or not is irrelevant.
Your attempt at framing 2 button presses as a problem does make you look functionally retarded.

>I preordered the PS3 version at launch. I'm still mad.

The PS3 version is garbage.

Jrpgs are fucking easy as fuck. Ive been beating them since before you were sperm in a nutsack, kid. Dark Clod 2 is just an awful video game.

You can head on over to /r/darkcloud if you disagree with me

it is when you're going against a boss that is moving but yes continue ignoring my points and only pick out the ones that seem easy for you to rebuttal

I still can't enjoy the controls.
Also, all the characters are fags. Yes even Mistuki.

Music's damn good though. Junk Garage a best.

I never had any issues with the controls in this game..

you didn`t play Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas on PS3 did you? yeah those sucks in PS3... at least FO4 runs pretty good on PS4... the only problem is SONY WON'T LET MODS!

The problem is you. Your own lack of skill has affected your opinion. That is like saying that a classic book is bad because the language it uses is verbose and olde.

I can play mgs on harder difficulty and still beat bosses. That cant possibly ve why you dont like mgs2, because its not an issue!

Tell us why you really dont like it

Mods without a script extender are worthless anyway

It stands alone in the sense that MGS4 needs to go die

MGS3 sets up Big Boss perfectly as the character when MG1 and 2 were released, a legendary soldier with an intense dislike of the United States

>ignoring my points
You've actually made points? Where?

The Witcher 3.

Holy shit.

>quest design
>ruining the lore and some of my favorite characters from the books
>no iorveth
>radovid's questline is pure shit
>some of the worst bosses in ARPGs ever
>"""comedy"""

healthguidance.org/entry/15872/1/Overcoming-Inferiority-Complex.html

bigger mods yes but i am a kinda of guy who doesn`t go too far with mods (mostly because when i try it doesn`t work or works terribly need to get a new PC) and you can make some pretty cool stuff even with a limitation of 2 GB hell i even did it myself in many Bethesda games from Morrowind to Skyrim, Fallout 3 to NV (didn`t get Fo4 on PC yet because well need a better PC)

I didn't understand half the bossfights until I played on European Extreme

Olga's fight for instance, I didn't even know you were able to hide from her until Euro Extreme killed me instantly every time I didn't

>expects you to know everything before you play
>fucking weeb nerd shit

god the witcher 3 pisses me off to no end, and I fucking preordered that shit + season pass

got about an hour into it before wanting to kill myself, haven't touched it since

It makes them a fun puzzle instead of the tanking through most people attempt

is this loss

I actually hate this game

shit it is

oh fuck it must be unconscious now, I didn't think of that when I drew this

>dark souls
>DMC4

Shitter detected

You found a shitter on Cred Forums? Teach me the ways sensei

I hate Souls games
I hate MGR and MGS2
I hate DMC series games