techraptor.net/content/digital-homicide-suing-100-steam-users-18-million
archive.is/AAfkA

This some next-level kikery right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v4023
anti-slapp.org/your-states-free-speech-protection/
youtube.com/watch?v=zhjXfAikKaY
twitter.com/JimSterling/status/776896541701341184
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_T4WYWf-tBtA8Oqg79J7fDe3ulOc6DgJl6ByhYMnD0/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_T4WYWf-tBtA8Oqg79J7fDe3ulOc6DgJl6ByhYMnD0/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember when Steam had standards for what games they let in their shop?

No

>people call developer a kike scam artist who stalks and harasses anyone who speaks negatively of him
>he responds by getting a subpoena to force valve to give him their identities so he can sue for an absurd amount of "damages"

Okay, remember when Steam didn't allow one-week Unity shovelware to be sold in their shop? Because I at least remember that.

How can you guys not support this developer?

Look at all of these fucking bargains!

>trying to subpoena valve
digital suicide

GOD BLESS AMERICA
U S A
S
A

literally who?

>if valve fights back they'll be based
>if they don't their reputation will suffer
Can't wait to see this shit storm

I've been following them since their Slaughtering Grounds meltdown and it just keeps getting better.

The Donald would be proud.

Name sounds familiar.

Have they done any kind of stupid stunt like these before?

>The evidence presented included several scanned screenshots of Steam users accusing Digital Homicide for stealing assets for their games, as well as accusing the company as being “con artists” who “stalk and harass” anyone who voices their displeasure in them.
>LET'S SUE THESE PEOPLE

I remember they sued Jim Sterling because he made fun of them and accused them of stealing assets for their games. Fun times.

>stalk and harass the people who say you stalk and harass people
BRILLIANT

Is this literal brain damage?

Funnily enough the game featured in the OP's pic is so shitty that instead of having a timer for the timed levels in the game, the game just cycles through a bunch of jpegs, complete with bad jpeg compression, of all the possible times, each cycle lasting a second. It's also so bad that instead of going 12:01, 12:00, 11:59, it goes 12:01, 12:00, 11:60, 11:59, effectively giving each minute an extra second.

Digital Homicide is what would happen if you let actual retards develop video games.

Careful anons. He is probably screenshoting this thread to subpoena Hiroshimoot

Right on, teach those filthy consumers a lesson.

there just wasn't a huge amount of developers back then
shovelware still existed

Nope, just the astounding power of capitalism at work.
>make a shitty product and trick people into buying it
>customer feedback which is supposed to prevent this can just be buried in censorship and legal shit
>throw lawsuits at the problem because you have more money
>people can't fight back because they don't
GG EZ no re

>Steam
>Having decent approval process

Choose one

I'm a retard and I made a game in Ren'Py back in 2009 that's rated 6/10 on VNDB. It got translated into five languages and ported to Android. I have Autism and some degree of brain damage.

The Romine brothers are scam artists, not retards.

They're literally con men.

>Implying Digital Homicide isn't 3 braindead morons on stolen Dell computers in some abandoned warehouse
Don't kid yourself. This isn't some calculating mastermind trying to silence dissent, it's a retarded egotist that gets mad when people rightfully call his games shitty.

These developers also drop dox off people. They did this with Jim Sterling, who I dislike, but still it shows these developers are major fucking faggots.

Boy, I bet people will be lining up to play his games now

Are these the same people that released the same game thrice under different names?

Yeah they're like the #1 thrower of bitch fits about shit like this.

Those titles all sound like the names of fake games from movies or TV shows

All you need is enough money to hire someone that can do the thinking for you. He already has a lawyer, might as well get the lawyer that also knows how to make this a pain in the ass for everyone, just in the hopes that someone eventually settles to stop the thorn in their side.

You'd probably have more fun looking at the public domain footage TV characters look at when they're "gaming" than playing these games too.

Those 100 lucky fuckers get the chance to win the the easiest counter-sue in a long time.

Isn't this the guy who threatened Gabe on Twitter or was that another nutjob dev?

Neogaf would agree with their logic

>blaming the Jews for your small penis

This shit is anti-consumer as hell, so I'm not sure why you guys would be against it.

>Digital Homicide
Why does that sound familiar? Didn't Jim Sterling have some beef with them?

Ayyyy
It's shit.

Are you talking about the Paranautical Acitvity dev? Because he just sperged out. Then he acknowledged that he was probably too much of a sperg to be in a leadership position and sold his shares of the game to his friends and got some other job somewhere else.

Go post a negative review calling them con men

Yeah they tried this exact same shit with him earlier.

No word on what's happened but considering he hasn't stopped making fun of them I'm guessing it's not really going anywhere.

>18 Million
How did he come up with that number?

I don`t want to risk getting sued, tbqh.

>think of a really big number of monies that you want
>????
>sue people

At this point I think it's basically free money. Lawyers will happily take on this kinda shit "for free" as long as you agree to sue them back and give the lawyers a big cut of your winnings.

USA! USA! USA!

On what grounds could they counter sue? Genuinely curious. Also, does the faggot have a case here?

>Romine, who filed the lengthy subpoena on September 12th, showed evidence that 100 different users on Steam who have made statements about the indie developer in the past. Romine, who collected numerous photographs of several Steam users speaking negatively about their products, is demanding $18,000,000 by these 100 Steam users in damages for “personal injury.” Judge Eileen Willett sided with Romine, granting him a subpoena for “early discovery” to uncover the Steam user’s identities.

>The evidence presented included several scanned screenshots of Steam users accusing Digital Homicide for stealing assets for their games, as well as accusing the company as being “con artists” who “stalk and harass” anyone who voices their displeasure in them.

>Youtube personality SubAlpha posted a video heavily criticizing Digital Homicide and their current subpoena request, including posting the documents online for all to see.

>The subpoena will be handed to Valve, who have the option to contest the subpoena with further litigation if they find it unreasonable. It is currently unknown if Valve will contest the subpoena at this time.

Suing people for...negative reviews about their shit games? I don't even...

Well, what game is it?
Link it.

what if one of those 100 anons are in another country? dh lawsuit cant do shit to them right?

I'm guessing it's also for the libel and slander on account of the accusations they made

You look at the quality of games you've developed, consider the price of sales you've lost due to unpopular publicity, and then you multiply that number by 18 million.

Honestly, being known as one of the shittiest developers on Steam has probably done more to increase their sales. Nobody would have heard of them otherwise.

Holy what, does that mod realize he literally just proved that person's point?
>If you think people get banned for speaking out you are wrong, that is why I am banning you

It is possible, but it is such a massive hurdle that no lawyer (or judge) will want to bother.

if they're suing in a district with an anti-SLAPP statute, they could be in for a surprise

This lawsuit can't do shit to anyone. I'm kinda convinced the judge just let the supeona go through so this assholes would fuck themselves over by getting countersued out the ass.

but that was an alright game

>Get accused of harassing people who speak negatively
>Sue them for millions
Ultra-jew

>dh lawsuit cant do shit to them right?
Yeah, if they're in a different country, even a neighboring one like Canada, it'd be a matter of international litigation, which is complicated as fuck and has a very, very slim chance of actually succeeding (especially when it's against private entities like random Steam users). If his lawyer advises him to file international lawsuits, then they're both retarded.

>suing for 18 mil
what is the point of making decent game now if you can just make a shit game and sue people for money instead?

1. valve's probably going to fight it to protect their reputation
2. if it gets through somehow, they don't actually stand a chance in court, but they probably are well aware of this because
3. they're probably just going to try and scare those people in order to get a quick cash settlement so they can get back to their lives
4. if one of these people actually decides to stand up to them and they're suing in a district with an anti-slapp statute, they'll probably get fined as they're specifically targeting reviewers for posting negative reviews

vndb.org/v4023
It's now been rated 5/10 since sharing it on Twitter and YouTube last month. Kind of think I should not make another Ren'Py game. Think I'll learn RPG Maker instead. At least it's not a Digital Homicide game.

they'd never make that much unless someone is stupid enough to defend themselves pro se. they're going for quick settlements of ~$10k or so each. this is a pretty common way to abuse the legal system; a lot of people do this. it's why some states have anti-slapp statutes.

Except they're representing themselves.

>In the United States
>California
>end of list
Wow so much FREEDOM

Hell just being in another state would be a headache.

Derek Smart 2.0

>mfw digital homicide is probably trying to sue me as well because I was vocally shitting on them everytime I saw a new piece of shit they forced out of their shit factory

>no sexual content
Just kidding mate, good for you for making something.

>Temper Tantrum
>Deadly Profits
Jej

several states have them or have similar laws

anti-slapp.org/your-states-free-speech-protection/

>stolen assets
how? dont they have protection or something?

Thank you. I'll try to make something better next time. Got a couple ideas that might work with RPG Maker. Just need to get over being nervous about it and do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhjXfAikKaY

here's the cringey interview Digital Homicide had with Jim Sterling if anyone is interested. They are clearly immature and maladjusted

God I'm glad to hear them back in the news. Anyone know how the lawsuit with Jim is going? He doesn't talk about it much.

>I'm 35.
I don't agree with Sterling on a lot of things, but I, too, was expecting to hear a teenager.

Yeah I was kinda worried when I heard this until I remembered I hadn't shat on them specifically because I'd heard they were a huge pain in the ass to anyone they disliked. Now if other devs start copying them, then I'm in trouble.

Of course my cousin is a lawyer so I'm still probably safe considering there's no way they can win and they just want to force people to settle fast to avoid legal fees, but it would still be a pain in the fucking ass.

>

>I have 3 kids
>I'm 35

>Oh dear

Jesus christ, how can you be 35 and this immature?

You'd think for how much patreon bux he gets, he could make a better sound stage.

One thing people always forget about when suing for libel is that it's not libel if it's true. You could maliciously attack someone with the intent to harm their reputation and be perfectly fine if everything you said is true.

The fuck? This is fucking insane. The only proper reaction from the court would have been to laugh at his face.

By refusing to grow up and assuming the world is run for your pleasure and benefit.

Basically be a egoist, a narcissist or just somebody that can't get over themselves.
Toxic people and all that jazz.

>The subpoena will be handed to Valve, who have the option to contest the subpoena with further litigation if they find it unreasonable.

Nothing to see here, there's no way a company as big as Valve will bend over and abet in harassment of its users. I don't know what the fuck the judge in question was thinking.

>The subpoena will be handed to Valve,
Isn't this a really stupid thing to do?

They're letting valve know directly that they want to harm their users, is there any reason why valve shouldn't just pull all their games from the store and ban them from releasing more for this?

It also doesn't count if there's no malicious intent, and posting a review intended to help other consumers make an informed decision hardly counts as malice.

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve just told them to fuck off, then removed all their games from Steam. It's not like everyone is clamoring to buy a Digital Homicide game, and anyone who subpoenas you for your user's personal info is definitely more trouble than they're worth.

Whats funny is that Valve did actually remove their games at one point due to the poor reception until the devs begged them nonstop. It's one thing to make something and be bad at it, but to sue people for outright calling you out on it while being an egotist is another matter entirely.

What a bargain.

>That description
kek good job on making something though

>Isn't this a really stupid thing to do?
Well, it's the only thing they *can* do to obtain the identities of those users.

I haven't really read the contract between Valve and the companies they sell for, but I feel like that might just lead to a second legal battle.

I'm sure there are a couple reviews that personally attack the developers. That could be argued as malicious intent.

You're absolutely right though. A review to inform others is not malicious intent. This lawsuit is complete bullshit.

>battle
Valve could shit all over these clowns any day of the week, even if you ignore that they can literally just take all their games off Steam any time they like.

>Valve removes them for being shitty scam devs
>PUUUHLEEESSEEE ADD US BACK
>Valve adds them back
What the fuck are they doing. We need quality control, not the flip-floping pussies that do this and let all the other garbage though.

Valve could just challenge the subpoena if they think it'll be bad news, and they won't beat valve.

Also Jim Sterling will probably get involved with the guys and give them a hand considering he literally built a legal team to slap digi homicide for what they're trying to pull on him.

I guess it was because some guy at Valve was worried about their livelyhoods, though it should be clear they're snakeoil salesmen to anyone now.

Jesus christ this is pathetic.

And even if valve were to release those customer's information (which they fucking won't, that would be a PR nightmare), who's to say the account information is real and can be traced back to the actual person?

Plus, who's to say those customers are Americunts and not yuropoors? They don't have any fucking jurisdiction in yuroland. The courts will laugh them out of the room.

>this entire thread
Is this for fucking real?

I'm pretty sure retailers are legally allowed to pull any product they deem unfit for sale from their stores regardless of reason.

It's not like it's the first time. Remember that autist that literally threatened to kill gabe newell on twitter because his game didn't show up in the front page of steam or something like that?

And even if they did start another legal battle over it, it's not like they're any threat to such a big company.

Isnt that orion? the game with dinosaurs that was released like 5 times with different names,
dino: beatdown
orion: horde
then orion: prelude
and finally just orion.

>tfw I bought this pack when I was drunk and forgot about it

>I bought a commercial licence to use this magic the gathering image

FUCKING
KEK

MOOOOOOOOT

These devs are legit retarded. Watch the fucking review they did or their "review the reviewer" shit if you need any indication

If you've bought anything, your info is valid.
Unless you actually went though the process of getting a fake identity, setting up a bank account for it, getting an money into the account without it getting flagged for fraud, and then using that to buy fucking video games on the internet?

Well, he won't get anyone for accusing him of having used stolen assets, because that's something he outright admitted himself.

It's like a bargain bin without the bargain

>buying shit just because it's cheap

I guess someone has to do it

So you made a vn with キャラクターなんとか機
and some stock photos?

Cool, so I'm safe.

Lol, this guy is literally using the EA handbook.

Those sleazy scummy fucks throw bullshit frivilous lawsuits at other publishers/developers just to run up lawyer costs, and censor negative reviews.

The difference being EA has a team of lawyers on hand specialized in high-level jewwing, whereas this is just some indie dipshit.

Jim Sterling's reviews of these games are very entertaining.

No idea who he is, but I had fun.

Everyone ITT so mad, and righteously so

Here's to help cope with it

SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

>setting up a bank account for it
Steam doesn't have my bank details, though.

Oh my god it gets better.

>hundreds of thousands of lines of code in slaughtering grounds

Yeah maybe if you count all the libraries you used you scummy fuck.

Thank you.

What the hell are you talking about m8

My steam profile has bogus information, as does the paypal account I use to buy my games.

Unless they're going to take a subpoena to Paypal next and can tie it to my bank account, they ain't got shit.

Or he could have made up the personal info on account creation and bought things exclusively with those Steam money cards you can buy from fucking Gamestop or wherever.

>transferring any amount of money over the internet
Unless you filtered it though bitcoins at some point, they know who you are.

Wot

cute doggos

>This is not the only lawsuit Romine and his studio have filed. Digital Homicide has also sued gaming personality Jim Sterling over false accusations of the developer stealing assets for their titles, as well as assault because of subsequent harassment done to the studio on social media.

So now someone calling your game shit on Facebook isn't just harassment, it's assault?

Literally who?

Who's your bank, because I would LOVE to have mine just ignore fake billing info. But noooo, it's "fraud" and my account gets frozen.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

>all of those games are absolute shit
lol

>temper tantrum

Is it weeb if you want Japanese/Chinese pottery for drinkinG tea and alcohol? It seems comfier than bottles.

I said they don't have my bank details, or even my address for that matter. In order to confirm my identity, someone like the DH devs would have to issue subpoenas to Steam *and* PayPal. It's not about whether Steam "knows who I am". It's about what information they can legally disclose to a third party, and my bank details or my address are not among it.

It's terrifying that any judge would agree with this, I pray to god this case doesn't become a precedent.

He was the kind of kid who got every toy he screamed for huh?

Hand crafted stone and ceramic dishware are objectively the most aesthetic and pleasing kind there is. It's not only really cheap if you know where to get it, but it's functional and stylish as well.

Go to someone's house and they tell you to drink wine out of a fucking red plastic cup and you see them a certain way.

Go to someone's house and they offer you hot sake served in traditional bowls you'll have a good time even if you think it's pretentious.

you're right, I confused the two groups because the orion guys had some drama going with stolen assets and stuff

>ignore fake billing info
Nigger do you understand how paypal works?

You know I can just make a transfer from my bank account to my paypal account, right?

Nobody would ask you to drink wine out of a red plastic cup. kill yourself you dumb fucking weeb, we have things called wine glasses

I don't get neogaf. Is it like SA lite or something? I know it's a web forum, but I never gave it much attention for the years I've heard about it.

It's a hyperbole meant to express that people subconsciously judge you on what sort of dishes you have. Nobody's saying you should serve every cookie with fine china, but plastic or cheap glass is not something you want to keep.

And wine glasses are better than your weeb shit. You lose, I win.

More like Digital Shoah.

Wine glasses are a waste of money. They're made to be unreasonably fragile and require a dainty grip simply because your hands could possibly raise the temperature of the wine a few degrees.

Absurd.

>SA lite
You have it the other way around. SA is Cred Forums compared to Neogaf

>It's not only really cheap if you know where to get it, but it's functional and stylish as well.
Where?
Amazon is looking kinda pricey.

If you enjoy doing it, do it user. Remember, you do not have to release it if you're not happy with it.

I've never bought a Digitial Homicide game and my only interaction with any of their titles was making The Slaughtering Grounds in Game Dev Tycoon. It scored 9/10.

>an hour and a half of passive aggressive comments

this is too much

If you're serious about it you can contact the vendors and discover their source, then contact them directly. There's a place about 25 miles from my house that does all sorts of custom stoneware and woodwork. I got them to build me a livingroom table out of stone and now every time I go back there they give me all kinds of dishware for free. They have a lot of apprentices that need the practice so they end up making more than they can sell.

Wine generally tastes the same anywy, atleast for red.
Wine snobs are so annoying.

Stoneware cups, china, etc all look aesthetically superior, and enhance the experience. I'm an atmosphere guy, I dont even drink vodka unless I'm playing STALKER or Metro 2033. You wouldn't drink vodka from a wine glass, see atmosphere.

Well everyone, chip in a dollar and we can be done with it.

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

You must be American, havent got anything like that near me afaik. The table sounds nice though, glass is shit and wood often lacks the rustic feel. By stone do you mean like granite?

just played it. I like it

makes me want to make a cute little vn too

>bunch of literally-who devs taking on steam to get [often fake] user information so they can sue someone that could be anywhere in the world, for a disproportionate amount of money based on these sketchy claims
Game ogre guys. Valve is truly done for this time.

The table is a bunch of large river rocks that were cut flat. Not like putting stones in glass to make it all smooth. It's essentially just rocks glued into wood, and the craftsmanship isn't perfect, but I don't need perfect things. It fits everything around it, and that's what I wanted.

I'd rather take a bin and not those games.

Sounds nice. Heavy and awkward if you move house, but very nice.

could you provide pictures?

twitter.com/JimSterling/status/776896541701341184

>following or caring about Jim Sterling

the power of the pc

I always remember that bit in this where Jim laughs, and the guy mocks him with a goofy laugh back like an angry 12 year old

Absolutely pathetic

Valave is sucha shit company, Jesus.
They could just kick them off the steam, and tell them to fuck off, but nooo.
Need that money for food for gabe.

he evidence presented included several scanned screenshots of Steam users accusing Digital Homicide for stealing assets for their games, as well as accusing the company as being “con artists” who “stalk and harass” anyone who voices their displeasure in them.

ohh the fucking irony

I heard that it's a bug: If two images are posted at exactly the same time, the preview for one may be used for both.

Dont blame Valve. Blame gamers.
Who was it that enabled all the bullshit? Gamers.
Valve is now a monopoly that can be utter shit, because the community has allowed it and enabled it. The skins, the cards, the market, the greenlight low standardw, the fact they dont need to make games to stay afloat, the games forcing you to use steam, the shit sales, etc. Only paid mods is where people stood up for themselves, and you know damn well it's coming back because it's just valve constantly testing how much dick consumers will take.

You can blame both, friend.

Some people never grow up. I've known senior citizens who were more self-absorbed than your typical 16 year old.

As said, it's an ego problem. When you're a kid, you view yourself as a god. Nobody is better or more bound for greatness than you, and morality is relevant to your happiness. A normal, healthy person will, through their experiences with other people, empathy, and maturing mind, come to realize that this is a dysfunctional way to approach life. These people didn't.

End result: Eternal frustration towards the fact that reality rarely meets their delusional expectations, and a refusal to blame the one true consistent factor in all of their woes, which is themselves.

>Dont blame Valve. Blame gamers.
What?
Any other publisher has some varying amounts of quality control, not Valve.
They will publish anything, fucking anything, they dont care if it works or is made of stolen assets, they will put it on steam.

Do you imagine Sony or EA realeasing those titles?

And yes, the customers are enablers in this case, but even EA at its worst releases games that fucking work.
I blame Valve and retarded fanboys both.

I blame gamers more than valve. Valve is a company, their goal is making money.
Gamers are the opposite, working against their best interests. No other consumers are this shit. We only get fucked over like this in the games industry because most of the audience are shit people who develop tribal mentality, instead of seeing companies as what they are institutions there to rob you as much as legally possible, they arent our friends, and yet fanboys will defend them from criticism in a cultlike manner.
This hobby is so fucked.

This dude must suck the best dick to actually get a Judge to agree to this
I'm not sure why the thread is so large though, since this is clearly not going anywhere.

There is literally nothing wrong with cards.

What a bunch of shit. Most of your grievances are nothing or next to nothing. People shitting on Steam are fucking retarded aspies that just hate things that are popular.

>They will publish anything, fucking anything, they dont care if it works or is made of stolen assets, they will put it on steam.
And the fans will thank them for it.
Other companies dont because they dont have a cult like valve. EA is the devil, Valve can do no wrong.
If fans stood up earlier then we wouldnt be at this point.

Yes and no.
It's great you can milk autists for money.
But cards are tied to badges, which unlock features iirc, like number of friends you can have on steam.
Cards also create a virtual currency that enables valve to do less and get money doing nothing.

>Pro se litigant
Thought so. It's going to be hilarious when he ends up paying the defendants' legal fees.

>Nobody would ask you to drink wine out of a red plastic cup
A trashy person would, and as touchy as you are about this I suspect you've done it and been ridiculed.

>But cards are tied to badges, which unlock features iirc, like number of friends you can have on steam.
There are other ways to get profile levels, and it's rather moot anyway unless you want to be a faggot who has 300+ people on a friends list. And even if you did all the special sale cards give you opportunities to make badges without spending a cent.
>Cards also create a virtual currency that enables valve to do less and get money doing nothing.
There's nothing wrong with that, though. They made a pointless virtual item that Steam users, publishers, and Valve can all profit from if people decide to pay money for them.

HIROSHIMAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's the joke user, but it's good that you picked up on it

>personal injuries set upon me with words on a monitor screen costed me 18 million dollars
You CANNOT make this shit up

Feminist claimed to suffer PTSD from trolls.
People are thin skinned and think you should compensate hurt feelings.

>you will never be a dog

Doing god's work.

S'cool, Punished Gaben has your back. The man has billions and doesn't fuck around with this kind of shit.

They're like the Asylum of videogames

says you

WHAT THE FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK

>Wyatt Derp

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_T4WYWf-tBtA8Oqg79J7fDe3ulOc6DgJl6ByhYMnD0/edit#gid=0

ALL DIGITAL HOMICIDE CONTENT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE STEAM STORE.

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Looks like they just did.

Looks like you're at least half right.

Well that backfired quickly. Guess that means valve are going to challenge it.

And suddenly Valve is becoming one of the most based companies. Just SHITTING on shit devs

>Valve
>based
>for covering their own ass

kek no, valve is still shit

Me neither

they should rename their company to Digital Suicide

>Refunds
>This recent review change
>Digital Homicide BTFO
>Not based

So? Don't agree to steam TOS if you don't like it

can this faggot even do anything if I live outside of the united states? Have we reached the point where I'll be extradited and assraped in jail for posting criticism?

Dont bother, valve fanboys cant see valve acting in self interest.

pfffft

>Refunds
tbqh I'd be fine with no refunds but better quality control on the shit they sell

>Refunds
Literally only happened because Europeans were up their ass about it for years and had the legal ground to do so.

>Recent review change
A fucking retarded move that nuked the reviews of people who got the game elsewhere (and probably paid for it) just so Valve could encourage more people to buy through Steam directly to support the games they like (buying through Steam directly gets Valve a bigger cut).

>Digital Homicide BTFO
Show of force to avoid precedent and demonstrate that they won't roll over for subpoenas, I agree with this but don't act like it's not solely in their own self-interest.

At least someone gets it.

Refunds are solely because Valve risked being unable to sell anything in an EU country

this niggas are getting nuked out of steam as we speak

go search
their games are gone

Staring at a woman is rape now, so i guess trash-talking is also assault.

gamer entitlement strikes again

The recent review change is anti consumer.

The refunds had to be fought very hard and valve was flat out willing to go to court with the worlds largest market.

Valve have also removed games due to SJW bitching, so this doesn't make up to that. Let's not forget paid mods.

> The evidence presented included several scanned screenshots of Steam users accusing Digital Homicide for stealing assets for their games, as well as accusing the company as being “con artists” who “stalk and harass” anyone who voices their displeasure in them.

My fucking sides. Way to prove it.

>All games Windows-only

Nice to know that they're making it easy to boycott them.

> Suing reviewers for bad reviews.

Glad to see we live in a fantastic world where this is possible.

just leave them to Jim Sterling

Guess you shouldn't have agreed to that TOS.

>my cousin is a lawyer
Hey, it's your ass, not mine.

uh, no.

>pic
Hello fellow Asheville user.

>Judge Eileen Willett
Willing to bet there's no actual legal precedence for this sort of thing, and Willet wants to make an example over something she has little to now understanding of in full.

>Expecting some foreign guy with a really thick accent or some young sounding little shit.
>He actually sounds like a normal person but hearing him trying to rationalize everything and acting like he made Zelda or some shit.

Didn't this guy sue Jim Sterling?

yes

He also just recently upped the damages from 10 million to 15.

Do you not have friends? We'd play that shit for hours

>A fucking retarded move that nuked the reviews of people who got the game elsewhere (and probably paid for it) just so Valve could encourage more people to buy through Steam directly to support the games they like (buying through Steam directly gets Valve a bigger cut).
Exactly.
On Steam Dirt Rally was like £30 or something, Codemasters store £20.
But my review is now separated, despite buying from the dev directly.

I can only hope that they win

>becoming
>immediately meaning they are already that
>read comprehension

if I was fellating valve as a fanboy I'd say it entirely an different way. But please. We can't like things that somebody does without having to shove our own head up their ass can we?

its an anticonsumer move to be sure but its also an antishill one too since Codemaster can give away keys for free to themselves and rate their own game positively

>>Nothing to see here, there's no way a company as big as Valve will bend over and abet in harassment of its users.
They already gave them the names dude.

>>Nigger do you understand how paypal works?
>
>You know I can just make a transfer from my bank account to my paypal account, right?
lool wtf

Steamfags gloss over anti consumer aspects.

I can sue you for this post. Doesn't mean jack shit and you could sue anyone for almost anything since we've had courts, dumbass.

>lmao you're game is SHIT
>THAT'S IT, I'M SUING YOU

Where is our savior?

>you can sue other people for hurting your feelings over the inter net
man, and here I thought I was being creative writing a song about it

I could actually sue all of you.
better lawyer up fuckers.

I remember the Star Ruler devs getting fucked over because some Valve dyke thought there didn't need to be any competition for Sins of a Solar Empire

It's not anti-consumer, it's anti-shill.
Here's a list of games who's scores tanked following the change because the dev was giving hundreds of keys to themselves to inflate reviews.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_T4WYWf-tBtA8Oqg79J7fDe3ulOc6DgJl6ByhYMnD0/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

i like nachos as well as this guy's games, he did nothing wrong.

I guess that's their last move before going under. Valve will obliterate these guys to oblivion even if they choose to not contest de subpoena.

Surely you won't want someone suing your customers actually selling shit on your platform. Even more coming from a developer that doesn't bring actual profit to Valve.

>Mighty No. 9's score went up

When did this happen?

It likely removed most of the Kickstarter backers who were disappointed in the game.

>not even the hired shills could bring themselves to say good things about the game

>this is an actual piece of filed information in a court somewhere

I'd really love to look at the entire docket and package of information. This seems retarded as all hell.

>united states

Oh hey, those are the guys that Jim Sterling has been slamming the fuck down. fuck those guys.

>REMOVED
kek

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8

>Reading through some of the shittily scanned images
>Literally nothing out of the ordinary
>"omg they're attacking us, they owe us billions of dollaroos qq ;__;"

I can't believe this is even a thing.

Doug Lombardi, VP of Marketing for Valve:

>Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers.

So their games got pushed out of the steam store, and then Doug Lombardi stated "Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers."

Grab the popcorn fellow anons. It begins.

>JANE/JOHN DOES 12 through 100
>12 through 100

this is pure madness

>Most of the images that are supposed to be HARDCORE EVIDENCE are actually polite and well meaning people respectfully pointing out the shitty stuff they've done.
>Its actually evidence against the suer

Oh boy, I can't wait to see the next Jimquisition that details how horribly this blew up in their face.

>skim through that list
>Mighty No. 9, A Boy and his Blob, and over 400 literally whos

>Some of the "evidence" is so badly scanned that its literally unreadable

These dorks barely know how to use a computer and they made thirty (30) games? Wow.

They "made" 30 "games". Honestly you could make something that procedurally generated games from stock unity code and assets and the majority of them would probably still be more stable and complete projects than shit like The Slaughtering Grounds.

>Would a Mr.....TwlightDragonlover78 step forward
>Uhh He's not here, but we do have his steam account and he's online
>Watch him stubble with his phone
>He says that I'm lying that I'm in court right now and to stop bothering him
>Don't worry your honor, I got the rest of them right here on my contact list! Busy...offline...offline..offline..OH! Dragonbooty12 says he will...
>I've have enough of this nonsense Mr. Romine!
>But read what buttclownretard wrote! He said my games suck, they obviously don't so he's lying!

This is getting surreal...

The point is they want Valve to give them the personal details of the people that own the accounts.

You can call someone a fucking idiot with terrible opinions on SA as long as you're willing to take what you dish out. Seems like the opposite of NeoGAF.

>drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6FG7o2HBZWlbHRCcXJpSDNibm8
The reasoning behind initiating all of this is insane, but it's just as crazy to think a legal professional would actually entertain this.

>Wyatt Derp

Who the hell was the legal attorney that thought this was a good idea?
Lionel Hutz?

>The subpoena will be handed to Valve, who have the option to contest the subpoena with further litigation if they find it unreasonable. It is currently unknown if Valve will contest the subpoena at this time.
Golden opportunity to earn major brownie points.

Shit man, Jack Thompson used to be an attorney. Stupid people can get their hands on a piece of paper just as easily as the rest of us.

This faggot can't win fair and square, and now he plays the libel game? He doesn't know the cans of worms he's about to unleash.

>>Impending lawsuit against Steam for pulling their games
>>Explicitly lists Gaben as the defendant because he can't figure out who else to sue
>>Gaben actually shows up with a legal team designed to push his shit in
>>Gaben's superfriends legal team files countersuit detailing IP infringement through stolen assets

If an IP address does not equate to an individual person, ain't no way in hell a steam account does.

>No guys, I'm totally going to win, Justice will prevail :)

>counter sue
>offer 75% to lawyers
>get free money
this jew

Man, these Evans gifs are getting better and better.

The behaviour of the defendants in the reputation of my client is libellous, slanderous, preposterous, outrageous! I move for it to be filed that this member of the...

What is a Dragon Fuckers' League? You didn't tell me there's a Dragon Fucker's League. I ain't fuckin' around with no dragons! Did I say I'd fuck dragons? Did I tell you to fuck dragons? Who told you to fuck dragons?!

>yfw you were hoping to get a game greenlit on steam
>yfw the blowback from this will for sure see Greenlight shut down to avoid future liability

Fuck you Romine, way to ruin it for the rest of us you fuckstick shit stain.

What makes this guy think that Valve will simply bend over to accommodate his SJW-tier crusade? He's fucking out of his mind.

And if the asset stealing is true, he will not be able to stop Valve from retaliating because they have archive of every version of every game ever published on their platform. Running a CRC check is trivial.

This is where being a private company has its benefits. You don't have to worry about shareholder fallout.

What you do is hire a crack team of lawyers and you bleed this person to death. I'd drop $18 million against his legal team and see who cracks first.

What about credit cards linked to accounts?

So... gamers are dead, is that what you say?

>mfw consolefags will NEVER, EVER get Wyatt Derp

Fair point, didn't think of that. Good thing I'm not a lawyer.

Summary of recent events:

Ha! Joke's on them I use Steam cards!

Hell, any public company would do the same thing. Any company that was complicit in it's customers being the subject of legal prosecution would be out of business pretty quick. Imagine if some bullshit "As seen on TV" peddler approached Amazon for customer info because people said mean things about them in their reviews. Amazon would fuck them hard, no lube, just to make a point. Because the moment you're forced to publicly destroy a single customer's life, let alone 100, is the moment you go out of business. And Gaben understands this, he's the one that says "Don't lie to the internet."

Isn't there a potential to have completely irrelevant individuals associated with the case, if another person's card is being used? Credit card information doesn't necessarily mean that person is using the account. You could feasibly assume anyone tied to that account has a credit card on record, but you'd have to subpoena for those records specifically in order to gain their identities, and it'd be crazy to believe a court would authorize the obtainment of credit card data for the sake of ID'ing 100 people.

Suppose DH somehow miraculously wins. Doesn't this basically mean they're banned from the biggest platform to sell their games anyway? And they've alienated the public?

This isn't greed, it's just stupid.

If they win it doesn't matter if they can't peddle their kusoge because they'd make (or at least, be owed) approximately 17,999,900 more dollars off of the suit than they have or ever would on making games Steam.

>tfw im Drake and nobody will ever know i lurk

(You) used to call me on my shit-post.