I recently got a job as a night watchman...

I recently got a job as a night watchman. Essentially I sit in a camera room all night and call the police if I see something or an alarm is tripped. My boss is fine if I bring a book/phone for something to do during my long shift so I usually alternate between vidya and reading. Been playing pixel dungeon but I've gotten tired of it and would like something new.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good mobile game? Has to work offline.

Just get an emulator and some games?

Im in the same boat essentially, security at a meat processing plant overnight. I have to check truckers in but on the weekends its really slow and I end up watching forensic files and browsing Cred Forums all night.

Eh, I tend to find those clunky to play due to emulated buttons.

Pixel dungeon
Castle Doombad
Gladiabots
Plague Inc
Nethack by gurr.
Dune 2
Uniwar

Soda dungeon*

Remember to save up on electricity in case you need to close doors and keep an eye on the cameras

True enough, but there are plenty of RPGs on easily emulated devices that don't require much in the way of precision controls.

My nigga! I work at a warehouse, however we're pretty small and don't get shipments at night. It's literally me, myself, and I for eight hours babysitting boxes.

fuck off furfag

fap.

I seriously suggest sticking to reading and at most tv shows mate. Gaming takes up a lot more focus than you think and shit WILL go wrong.

I thought brining in my ps4 would be great, ended up making me fuck up a lot more and miss stuff I shouldn't have. Though I have to interact with truckers and inspect trailers, but I imagine the concentration lapse may be an issue if you say, have a break in or something and are too busy gaming to respond.

Thanks user, I've seen/played a good amount of these. However Gladiabots looks pretty rad, I may try that.

There are just so few mobile games that look good, plus I don't really trust the ratings, I mean candy crush is highly rated, ugh.

Its fine as long as it's something I can put down immediately, probably... I also can't bring something like a laptop, playsation, or a 3ds as those suggestions have been shot down already.

Pixel Dungeon is such a great game

i wish the game would have a Overworld or a hub something like the city above the sewers

It's a lot of fun, but you can only be cheesed so many times before you just don't feel like playing anymore.

What kinda phone you got? You could get an attachment that gives you real buttons, or shell out 100 or so bucks for a dedicated emulation machine.

galaxy s7

I had no idea a game pad attachment was a thing, I mean it makes sense, it just never occurred to me that it existed. I'm legit gonna buy me one. Thanks.

Isn't Final Fantasy Tactics available on mobile devices? That's one of my favorite games of all time, has good emulators and ROMhacks too.

If you like JRPGs buy a used PSP and hack it.

No prob.

And yeah there's a ton of 'em. You can get plenty of shit as cheap as like $8, although I can't say how well those ones would work.

Can't, boss already said no to 3ds.

Yeah, I honestly would've just gone for emulated gba games, but between the R and L keys being a bitch on the touchscreen and my sausage fingers covering most of the screen it was a no go, but with a gamepad we have a different story.

Terraria

I want a job like this

fucky touchscreen controls, same as above. Though after I get me gamepad, I will end up getting terraria. Such a good game.

They aren't really that hard to get considering most people don't want to do shift work.

You just need to have no criminal record, pass the drug test, and be willing to give up on sunlight.

Perfect.

Dice Heroes, it's pretty good m8

i got a recommendation, focus on your job and dont fuck it up by playing games during the time you´re supposed to be employed.

Skipping shit like this is the first step towards being a professional. You got a job you´re not 12 anymore, don´t play during the hours.
t. wagecuck

It's nice for like a month, then you start getting bored. In my case, I'm locked in the camera room all 10pm-8am with no internet access (the building has no wifi and the room is located in an area where I can't get cell reception). I'm not allowed to leave this room till the next guy comes to take my shift and my only responsibility is to sound the alarm if something happens. Also, according to the guy I replaced (retired), nothing has happened in like 15 years.

dude, boss is okay with it. Hell, he'd probably let me bring in a laptop if he wasn't worried the owner would bitch at him for letting me do so.

I've had a security job for 2 years now and I would go insane if I didn't have my phone to play on while I'm there

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've got nothing but time anyway.

wtf there's nothing wrong with that, as long as he don't miss anyone getting robbed or whatever i don't see how this could be harmful

try TheoTown
if u liked simcity 2000 as a kid it will suck u in for an about two weeks or more
nice timid art, chill music, completely free with option to disable ads
good stuff

Dude he's a fucking night watchman. His job is to sit there and do nothing for 10 hours so that anyone who robs the place won't steal too much because they'll want to leave before the cops show up.