What the fuck was his problem, Cred Forums?

What the fuck was his problem, Cred Forums?

Was Raziel autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Oxiq-pDbmkE?t=3m34s
youtube.com/watch?v=YNWSDvDqm9g
youtube.com/watch?v=KIwwWj3RFL0
youtube.com/watch?v=PfCiawWQH9k
youtube.com/watch?v=w41y9ykBh_k
youtube.com/watch?v=IdqpUsDhyGU
youtube.com/watch?v=XvVlZU3UW7I
theancientsden.blogspot.rs/2016/04/soul-reaver-ost-v7.html
gamespot.com/articles/new-legacy-of-kain-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-has-5050/1100-6432040/
youtube.com/watch?v=YBnqwYKqkD8
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488564
youtube.com/watch?v=hyYmgDrYofA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mTghr-otFKo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xyfqnCXb4n8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVsb8lTCrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Oxiq-pDbmkE
youtube.com/watch?v=ENosWOAWUgo
youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI
youtube.com/watch?v=dWM_Vqh8qAg
youtube.com/watch?v=0XYtktBNlBs&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=nl0X_-qejD8&feature=related
mega.nz/#!bFtymJZJ!x5pXCH3baDsk4QmsLQkb3BQ1EoJ8K1u34eyH4VbAO1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He got humiliated and killed because he was better. He was just out for hardcore revenge. If anybody, it's Kain that's autistic for saying "waaah I want to be special too"

I want the ue4 remake of the first soul reaver game so bad
later sr games didn't click with me but the first one...goddamn that atmosphere!
the game aged like milk tho

SR2 was shit but Defiance was quite good. Great fucking music and the best voice acting in a Western game ever. VA applies to whole series though.

It's being remade in UE4? That's news to me.
I agree, sr 2 and srd were mediocre at best, although I still get a nostalgia boner for 2.

>It's being remade in UE4?
of course not

youtu.be/Oxiq-pDbmkE?t=3m34s

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED KAIN
YOU BASTARD

>are you enjoying this kain?!
get's me everything

kill yourself retard

>Staff paralyzes Kain
>Doesn't take this opportunity to kill Kain
>Because he has a cleverly crafted plan to kill Kain later

>He doesn't know Raziel's execution had literally nothing to do with Kain being jealous
It's like you didn't even finish the series

If he killed Kain he wouldn't have been able to manipulate Raziel

Legacy of Kain > Blood Omen 2 > Soul Reaver > Defiance > Soul Reaver 2

Come at me.

>Blood Omen 2 above anything
Yeah transforming the Hylden into ayy lmaos and Kain into a scrub was great

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=YNWSDvDqm9g

>SR2 was shit
get the fuck outta town

>dissing on KAIN REFUSED THE SACRIFICE
youtube.com/watch?v=KIwwWj3RFL0

KAIN IS DEIFIED

Ozar Midrashim was something special, I don't think there is video game music that hit me as hard.

It's sad isn't it? Although not near Ozar Midrashim levels, Elzevir's theme from BO 1 was pretty nightmarish, at least to me.

Problem was, Blood Omen 2 was much funner than any of Raziel's games.

To be fair there's a lot of great music in video gamesю It was just a very good age and time to be blown away by something like Soul Reaver.

I don't know, SR2 main theme was pretty hard hitting to hear as well. Especially after you've beaten the game, the lyrics Ariel sing makes a lot more sense.

He was made by team who had pedo on board.

KAIN IS DEIFIED.
THE CLANS TELL TALES OF HIM,
FEW KNOW THE TRUTH

Nuprator's retreat also had a great theme
youtube.com/watch?v=PfCiawWQH9k
Honorable mentions
youtube.com/watch?v=w41y9ykBh_k
youtube.com/watch?v=IdqpUsDhyGU

I wish for a remaster.

Let's not forget Kain's road of vengeance.
youtube.com/watch?v=XvVlZU3UW7I

DAMN IT COMES WITH THE VOICEWORK TOO?!

>SR2 was shit
You there. Boy lover. Get out.

I feel sorry for those who didn't play the first game.
The amount of effort that went into crafting Nosgoth still blows me away.
I love soul reaver but Kain has the most badass origin story.
The whole plot felt like it was adapted from an incredible novel.

And now the writer worked on Uncharted and moved onto fucking Star Wars. What a waste!

We wouldn't get a good game if we ever got a remaster if that canned dead sun game is anything to go by.

Losers saying it didn't age well and those games are still a blast to play.
Tomb Raider era adventure games are fucking flawless. No handholding, purely story and mechanics driven game play.
Retards who can't get though a game without questmarks.
If you're smart those games are smooth as butter.

>"waaah I want to be special too"
More like "waaah, I don't even want to hurt Raziel like this, but I have to, because I've seen the future and this is the only way to kill Elder God".

>the game aged like milk tho
Did you try to emulate the DC version. It's still perfectly playable.

>SR2 was shit
The gameplay maybe. Or not even that. I think it's the level design and combat that I didn't like. The story and dialogues were still top tier.

For anyone who wants a complete rip of Soul Reaver's music:

theancientsden.blogspot.rs/2016/04/soul-reaver-ost-v7.html

It feels super weird to me that a saga like LoK began with a necromancer raising a simple guy. Like, isn't that supposed to be trivial?

Character progression.
That's exactly why he's cool.
Started out as a prince adam style rookie adventurer, ended up as a sadistic demi god forcing reality to his will.
That's simplifying it a little, because Kain is an anti-hero, and probably the most well rounded.
Better than fucking Spawn that's for sure.

Yeah, sounds like a total crapshoot when you put it like that.
>I'm going to resurrect this one mook so he can go on a tirade against all these other bastards.
>And nothing will get in his way, nope, not all.

Kinda reminds me of Jojo.

calm down user, it's not about the questmarks
soul reaver gameplay is just dated in every single way
also the visuals should be updated to highlight great sr art direction

;(

>Did you try to emulate the DC version.
you do realize that dc version is exactly the same as ps1 version minus texture filtering and remade kain and raziel models right?

Whatever dude. Both SR and SR2 are still very enjoyable. We don't need no stinking remake.
And that's a pipe dream anyway.
"It hasn't aged well" is such a shallow thing to say. I thought they did their best to make everything about those games pretty timeless,
and you're only disrespecting those devs saying "shits ugly and clunky needs to feel more like GoW"
I remember loving them when they came out, and nothing has changed.

You're all forgetting that he was resurrected with the Heart of darkness. Reputed to have been ripped from the chest of the greatest vampire to have ever existed, Janos Audron, the Heart of Darkness restores vampiric unlife. Life is precious, Janos discovered - as it was torn throbbing and bleeding from his own body.

THE HEART OF DARKNESS
THE HEART OF DARKNESS
THE HEART OF DARKNESS
THE HEART OF DARKNESS

>We don't need no stinking remake.
true, we need a good one
>And that's a pipe dream anyway.
gamespot.com/articles/new-legacy-of-kain-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-has-5050/1100-6432040/
>"It hasn't aged well" is such a shallow thing to say.
why? most 3d games aged terribly, that's a fact
>I thought they did their best to make everything about those games pretty timeless,
more like they did what they could at the time
>and you're only disrespecting those devs saying
disrespecting? I would love to see them work on a lok games again
>shits ugly and clunky needs to feel more like GoW
not like gow, bloodborne gameplay style would be more fitting
>I remember loving them when they came out, and nothing has changed.
good for you but if given the choice between watching a whole lok story on yt or playing the games you would probably just watch like the most of us at this point

Fucking bloodborne gameplay?
Your opinion is moot.

Sounds to me like you played for two minutes, got lost, and decided to watch a playthrough on youtube.
Maybe you're not to correct audience for these games.

what else? batman like? please
or maybe another dmc copy just like defiance?

>Sounds to me like you played for two minutes
m8 i've played sr at least 6 times from start to finish

Back up your argument then.
What has not aged well, exactly?

Press x to VAE VICTUS

>Doesn't realize that SR2 and beyond retconned the original plot where kain's motivation WAS because of jealousy.

Neither he nor Elder have the means to kill either Kain or Raziel.

OH YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS, DO YOU?!

>Retconned
The ending already made it obvious

mainly the combat, tedious puzzles could also use some work, the art direction is wasted because of ps1 limitations, clunky controls

>bloodborne gameplay
No.

It was supposed to end with SR1 but they had budget issues. That's why everyone was disappointed with the abrupt cliffhanger.

What's the worst character in the entire Legacy of Kain series?

I know, that doesn't change the fact that the ending we got implied there were bigger things than Kain's pride moving the pieces

bo2 is not canon

Which had the better cliffhanger?

Soul Reaver 1 or 2?

Honestly gameplay dosn't matter at all to me for a LoK game. The only things that are absolutely necessary is Amy Hennig writing it and the voice actors.

It's also why I don't ever want another sequel since Hennig will not be writing it.

Are those opinions I hear?

Combat is dynamic, puzzles are comfy, given games increasing lean towards nostalgia, has aged pretty well graphics wise, and the controls are not clunky in the slightest.
See I can do it too.
I know the games aren't perfect, but I'm getting real tired of the remaster meme. Games don't need to be pretty, they need to be fun, and soul reaver does both of those things just fine.

how is that even a question

Defiance devs tried really hard to make it canon, so I believe it is.

It really doesn't matter what the original plan was since the new story fit together so well and made things seem and feel like that was the original plan for the story all along.

But history abhors a paradox...

I think most of Defiance was made to try and fix how fucked BO2 made the story. Like I remember reading that the writer came back for that game after not doing BO2 just to clean the mess up.

>Games don't need to be pretty, they need to be fun
soul reaver games were always lacking in the gameplay department
first one copied tomb raider, second was better but also the worst soul reaver game exploration and environments wise, third was just like in my japanese animes

Nupraptor.
Couldn't get over Ariel's death so he screwed over the Circle.

>It really doesn't matter what the original plan was since the new story fit together so well

It was held together with tape. There are so many plotholes and inconsistencies it embarrasses the original.

you tell me, theres an sonicfag from neogaf named "mamarobotnik" whom speugs at any moment to vent his autistic raeg towards modern sanic games, yet sticks up for that shitty more edgelord that thankfully got canceled "dead sun" and shilled that moba shit.

>SR2 was shit
your opions will forever be ignored simply because of this statement

Yeah what the fuck.
SR2 was my favorite.
Of course SR1 got me into the series, and is overall a more contained experience,
2 was so much less archaic and playable.
And all the twists kept me at the edge of my seat.

Was Raziel a homosexual?

Didn't seem interested in anyone but Kain.

*less archaic and more playable

>plotholes

Hmm, like what?

Raziel was consumed with revenge much like Kain was, but through his journey realized that his petty revenge did not outweigh the threat of the Elder God.

Raziel told Kain in SR1 that he would have chosen integrity, and in the end, he did just that by allowing himself to be absorbed into the Reaver and cleansing Kain of corruption so Karin could see the threat of the Elder God as the Scion of Balance.

His dick was obliterated so I don't think he had any of that on his mind.

I am always surprised when I saw people looking forward to/hoping for a new LoK sequel. The writer made those games great and shes long gone.

It didn't matter what he was since outside the shitty BO2 romance was never a part of any of the games.

Defiance was so lame...

It's one of my favorite pieces of video game music ever created. There is just something so menacing, yet so heroic about it, they really fucking knocked it out of the park with that song.

It gave some really good scenes though. For example:
>and in the end, he did just that by allowing himself to be absorbed into the Reaver

>And I am not your enemy, not your destroyer. I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword...

it's like the Iron Man riff of video games
makes me wanna cleave mountains with my boner

Kill him with what?

Mobius doesn't have the kind of power to kill either of the reavers.

BU BUT

YOUR COIN HASN'T BEEN TOSSED YET

UH BELONG AT YOUR SIDE

YOUR SOUL REAVER

KARIN REFUSED THE SACRIFICE

>*BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Kain, Raziel, his vampires brothers, their vampire spawn, they all lived for thousands of years between BO1 and SR1.

They did every sexual thing in the book, and did it backwards, multiple times. By the time Raziel got his wings they probably considered sex boring.

>And I am not your enemy, not your destroyer. I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword...

Even the part right before that when Raziel came back was great;

>do you so enjoy death
>yes

>you'll never hear Ozar Midrashim for the first time ever again

That song legitimately gave me duck dots

Best game coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=YBnqwYKqkD8

The problem was that the game was cut into pieces to the point where Raziel didn't even fulfill his supposed quest. The gameplay was watered down to block puzzles, most of Raziel's upgrades was removed, a lot of his characterization and development was cut late into development creating gaps.

It is sad how it turned out. It could have been a lot better than it was, but it was too ambiguous and Crystal Dynamics are a bunch of fucking pieces of shit. The masterpiece that would be created if they were allowed to have a few extra months would stay in the minds of gamers for decades to come.

Those who haven't read the compilation of cut content and story of the original game: neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488564 (yes, it's NeoCrap, but that's where the information is compiled so you'll need to suck it or go archive.is).

OK I'm officially interested in getting into the series

For someone interested purely on story please direct me on where to start. Order of release?

Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Defiance

Start with Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

The reason is that Blood Omen is highly connected to Soul Reaver. You can start with Soul Reaver as well, however a lot of backstory is in Blood Omen and you'll understand the premise of the other games in the series if you start with Blood Omen 1.

>Order of release?
Ain't it always, you nigger?

Raziel is a retarded character. It's just like MGS2. Everybody wanted to play as the cool guy again. Instead you were forced to play as the faggot.

Blood Omen

Soul Reaver 1

Sould Reaver 2

Blood Omen 2 (entirely optional, aside from some vague information you don't need to play it to get the overall story)

Defiance

I hope you enjoy it, there has really not been anything like Legacy of Kain since the series ended. The voice acting and dialogue are unrivaled.

What's a good emulator, epsxe? Ssspsx? I have a list but if you guys have a suggestion it'd save me looking at review for a few hours

Please and thank you. I'm on ROM zone and gave the list pulled up right now

they are on PC as well

>KAIN REFUSED THE SACRIFICE

BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR

All games are avaible on PC, Soul Reaver 1 has somewhat better quality in it's Dreamcast version.

youtube.com/watch?v=hyYmgDrYofA

I wouldn't bother much and just go to PC version

Play the PC version of Blood Omen 1. It is far superior to the PS1 version. There's a helpful unofficial patch to make it run on modern systems.

>SR2 was shit
>Defiance was quite good.
What the fuck user? Is today opposite day for you?

Where can I get Blood Omen 1 on PC, I was about to emulate it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mTghr-otFKo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xyfqnCXb4n8

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVsb8lTCrQ

godly OST

Not him but I liked both, Defiance a little more because Spirit Reaver and the final battle with Elder God.
>that sound effect when you attack using the Spirit Reaver at the endgame
fuck

Start with Blood Omen, it's plot is relevant to the entire series. Hell, make some notes, even. Time travel shits gets really messed up in the later games, but in the end it still makes sense, if you're able to follow it.

The game itself has aged somewhat, and I wouldn't be surprised if you find it awkard to play. Personally, I loved it, despite the age. Prepare to look around for a Win7 fix, tho. It can prove to be an ass to get the game running on newer systems.

Then Soul Reaver and Soul Reaver 2. Not much to say.

Feel free to skip Blood Omen 2. While it's canon, it's... uh... sort of irrelevant to the rest of the plot. Minor spoiler: Because of time-travel shenaningans, an alternate timeline is created, and Blood Omen 2 is sort of a flash-back to what happened in it before the point where Defiance starts. The plot is very weak, although it DOES answer some important questions you should probably be aware of before playing Defiance.

And then Defiance.

Games are relatively straight-forward, although you might want to use a guide for Soul Reaver, as it can get pretty confusing sometimes. It also has a lot of optional areas.

But in all honesty, the gameplay of these games (except for Blood Omen) sucks ball ass. The platforming is shit, the fighting is ass and graphics are very lackluster. If you care about the story, do yourself a favor and just watch a let's play on YouTube. Preferably with no commentary. I know I might get flamed for this by the rest of Cred Forums, but that's my honest opinion.

Where did you get Blood Omen on PC, can't find it on GoG or Steam.

>My name is Raziel, his name is Kain. We are together once again!

Are you in a position to pirate it?

Although stuff like the Hylden hadn't been conceived at the time, there was still enough evidence in Soul Reaver (basically every Kain/Raziel cutscene) implying that Kain did it for better reasons than jealousy due to having the means to see the future at his disposal.

raziel is a man of honor and curious intent

You google "Blood Omen ISO PC".

"TheIsoZone" has it in ISO form which includes FMVs.

I can smell her sweaty armpits from here... source?

Except Kain was the faggot and Raziel was the cool guy that wasn't the edgelord that forsake integrity.

The dialogues in the first soul reaver were batshit insane. It does not make any god fucking sense. I didn't realize that a decade ago.

It's like they were all written by a black metal band.

Of course, I am not paying for any of these games, the original team is dead.

BO > Defiance > SR2 > SR1 >>>>> BO2

I wish the vampire murdering mechanic from SR1 made a comeback. Having to impale them or burn them or soul reaver them or whatever to permanently put them down was a lot more interesting than WHACK ENEMY UNTIL HE DIES.

>you might want to use a guide for Soul Reaver, as it can get pretty confusing sometimes.
>Needing a walkthrough for fucking block puzzles

It's because you are so uneducated and retarded that you can't comprehend Shakespearean prose style dialgoue with a heavy narrative. It's ok though, your the reason games like this don't exist anymore.

I'm glad that Legacy of Kain for that reason will never get another game, because it will cater to retards.

They were written by Amy Hennig. Read up on her future career and laugh your ass off.

https:// [the bay of pirates] /torrent/3269162/Legacy_of_Kain__Blood_Omen.iso
This should be fine.

It's not even on the same level of complexity as Shakespeare...I'm not even a native speaker and we do Shakespear in 11th grade and literally no one I know had problems with it. You gotta be sub90 IQ to have difficulties with something like SR dialogue

>The dialogues in the first soul reaver were batshit insane. It does not make any god fucking sense

care to give some examples?

I've literally read all of Shakespeare's plays for fun. The legacy of kain series is written so well for a game that I can give it nothing but praise. Anyone who complains about the dialogue is seriously fucking retarded no exceptions.

>Kain: Raziel, the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew. The Ten Commandments have lost their validity. Conscience is a Jewish invention, it is a blemish like circumcision. Vae victus

What did Kain mean by this, exactly? Checkmate.

The days of the Psone were really some racy times, how did Amy "If it's a Sarafan time for the Clan" Henning get away with it?!?!?!!?!

As much as I love the series, you must admit, Kain's design is top shit.
That hairline goes way too low, he looks like his head is made of white hair, and he just wears a bony face-like mask. It's stupid.

At least Blood Omen 2 had the 'in transition' phase, made it more bearable.

I didn't even think people like you even existed. How stupid can you be to not like Kain's Demi God design? What the fuck am I reading.

I literally explain what I don't like about it, in plain words, in a single sentence. Are you so dense that you can't comprehend something as simple as that?

What the fuck you're talking about you fucking dirty nigger?

Of course I understand what they were saying. But looking at it now, its fucking ridiculous. Sorry if it hurts your feeling. Its batshit insane and the amount of metaphors either fuck it up or makes it corny as hell. It does not make any fucking sense.

Go fuck yourself in a maze of moral relativism.

Could be worse. I knew a guy that didn't play Soul Reaver because Raziel looked retarded and you couldn't play as how he looked in the opening.

Plus the Elder God's voice actor died.

It isn't ridiculous at all. The metaphors are easy to understand and you can relate to the narrative better because of it. You third world dumbass, noone has this complaint unless your a shitskin. Simple.

I'm calling you a fucking retard for thinking that Blood Omen 2 design is better than the soul reaver ones.

You are absolutely fucking retarded, sorry kid.

Raziel: In my haste, and in the brief findings of the Moebius's scriptures, I only wanted figures on how many Jews have been shipped off and how many are currently left. I shall personally take care that never again within the Pillars of Nosgoth, the lifeblood of the land, will the Jewish-Bolshevistic revolution of subhumans be able to be kindled either from within or through emissaries from without.

Raziel: I won't waste much time on the Jews. It's great to get to grips with the Jewish race at last. The more that die the better; hitting them represents a victory, no matter how small, for our Reich.

Jesus Christ, Amy.

No.

>From this moment and ever afterward, You and this blade are inextricably bound. Soul Reaver™ and reaver of souls, your destinies are intertwined.

>the shakesperan equivalent of saying "finally, you have become soul reaver™"

Just because you make it fancy does not mean it has to be good. I'm afraid the shitskin here is you.

It's an amazing thing that you are probably the only 5 people on the planet who are this inept when it comes to this series. I can rest easy at least based on that fact alone.

No actually it does make it good because it adds the mythic element to the narrative. If it was just said plainly with english speakers it wouldn't work. I'm sorry shitskin, but you saying that english isn't your first language is a dead giveaway. Feels good being white.

Is this game actually good or does Cred Forums just get hard over the writing and voice acting

Why are you so mad, buddy?
I said I love the games despite Kain's stupid design.
And you didn't even respond to my argument. His super-low hairline does look stupid, he literally has hair growing from behind his eye-sockets, he has no forehead. It looks silly. I can still take him seriously, mostly because of the voice actor, but it's still a shitty design.

That line gave me chills senpai shits good

>Is this game actually good

No. The games are not good in the slightest.

haha, hey guys could you maybe make a youtube video about this hilarious exchange?
I'd really like to reward your sharp wit with a like and a subscription
much appreciated haha ;)

Where did I say that english is not my first language? I'm australian.

I just said it feels like they were written by a black metal band. Death would be a release next to this travesty!

Upboated.

>I'm Australian

So you admit English isn't your first language

defiance a shit
or shart

Oh shit, it's an aussie, you guys can barely speak english to begin with. No wonder you have problems with it. Fucking abbo fuck.

>Tumbling, burning with white hot fire, I plunged into the depths of the abyss. Unspeakable pain, relentless agony, time ceased to exist. Only this torture and a deepening hatred of the hypocrisy that damned me to this hell. An eternity passed and my torment receded, bringing me back from the precipice of madness. The descent had destroyed me. Yet, I lived.

>"THAT FUCKING JEALOUS NIGGA THROW ME ON A LAKE AND I'M BURNING FUCKING FUCKBOYS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT HURTS I AM LOSING IT SHIT SHIT SHIT WHERE MAH WINGS AT?"

>I'm Australian

Ah, the classic "English isn't my first langauge but I don't want to admit but I'm not fluent enough to say I'm British, I don't know any french so I can't say Canadian and I'm triggered at the thought of calling myself an American" get out of jail free card.

EYYY MY NIGGA MOEBIUS, WHERE DA SARAFAN AT

WE WUZ DEIFIED AND SHIEEETTT

KAIN WAS LIKE A GOD OR SOME SHIEEETTT

KAIN WAS A MORTAL NIGGA IN THIS BEEOOTTCH

THE HOMIES TOLD STORIES ABOUT THIS CAT

FEW KNOW WHAT REALLY WENT DIZZOWN.

Cool ad hominems

To be fair, Australians are the worst, Moot confirmed this years ago.

Kain didn't know what the fuck was he doing. He was like "let's throw Raziel into the hands of an Elder God and hope he fucks continuity up, maybe the end result will be better than what the future holds".

His dumb face at the end of Soul Reaver 2 says it all, the guy was a fucking retard.

brilliant, with this rewrite modern gamers will finally be able to identify with raziel and his struggles

:^)

SR used (introduced?) some great mechanics like spectral realm that warps the environment and unique ways to kill vampires.

BO is pretty great for its time.

SR2 did some great world building and puzzles, and expanded the combat system with more weapons and mechanic of over use of the reaver potentially killing you.

BO2 is weird but still pretty fun. Most people hate it because its departure from the main story. Pretty good stand alone vampire game.

Defiance doesn't really add anything new but a revamped (heh) combat system to be more actiony. You'll either love ot or hate it.

VA, dialogue, and overall narrative are all the core reasons why the Legacy of Kain series is deified.

Sorry, famalans. I have not a single problem with english. It's just that I'm not an edgy 15 yo anymore.

>You are lost in a maze of moral relativism, Kain. These apparitions and portents... what game are you playing now?

>AYO KAIN I THINK U TRIPPIN ON PHILOSOPHY NIGGA, LETS WACK EACH OTHER ALREADY I'M SICK OF GAMES 'K?

I'm leaning towards bait, all the lines you're quoting are great.

At least try to pick some poor dialogue.

Ewout, get out

EYY MY NIGGA RAZIEL WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A THIRD OPTION A CHANCE FOR OUR BITCH ASS TO ESCAPE THIS SHIIEEETT

IF YOU SHOOT A BULLET OUT OF A GAT ENOUGH TIMES, ONE DAY THE BULLET MAY LAND ON IT'S EDGE, NAHMSAYIN PEACE

>Kain: Raziel... the Abyss has been unkind.
>Raziel: I am your creation, Kain. Now, as before, you criticize your own work.

>Kain: AYO RAZZY, THE ABYSS FUCKED U UP BIG TIME HUM?
>Raziel: U MADE ME BITCH, STOP HATING YOUR OWN MIXTAPE

XD

>Will... instinct... reflex action... the insect mind finds little difference. I warn you, brother – as my stature has grown, so it is matched by my appetite. Step forward, morsel...

Favorite LoK quotes?

too late for discussions, the thread's been derailed by retards

>Kain didn't know what the fuck was he doing
I wouldn't go that far, he obviously knew enough to guide Raziel to his ultimate destiny. Sure he might have not planned it all from the start, but he still did a good job
Dude, stop embarassing yourself

All of them after the first Soul Reaver are kind of shit.

Nah, they're actually pretty shit. It's like paiting a shitty car in fake gold. Take the fucking gold out and what you have? A shitty car.

now thats a metaphor senpai :^)

I said I had no problem understanding it, quite the contrary. It's just corny.

I played the first Blood Omen and the first Soul Reaver for the first time in the last year. Both are great. The games after them are more than a little questionable, though. The dialogue and the voice acting are still fun in Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance, but the game design and general story aren't interesting enough to call the games overall good.

It isn't corny, if it was written in any other way the entire thing wouldn't work. I'm glad though that you exposed yourself as a shitskin who is put off by language that isn't what you dumbass abbos are used to hearing.

>Shakespearean
Legacy of Kain isn't anywhere close to Shakespeare. The series carries a kind of theatricality in its dialogue and acting though, if that's what you mean.

That's what the term Shakespearean means, so yes.

You think theatricality began and ended with Shakespeare? You received a very poor education.

He never said that "theatricality" began and ended with Shakespeare.

Raziel had a hard life.

You are a fucking moron. First I am going to pharmacy school next year, so I doubt you are more educated than me. You are probably a wage slave faggot who lives of less than 50k a year who is a complete degenerate with a BA in a worthless degree as you work as a waiter.

Second Shakespearean is a term to describe a narrative which is prose-like which is akin to the writing style of that time period.

Third the assumption you just made is not only completely retarded, I didn't even say that so try again loser.

>Go now. Play out your pitiful rebellion, and take your place among the destroyed, the used, and the damned. But know this: You are mine for eternity. You have always been, and will always be my Soul Reaver.

Tony Jay's delivery is just so good.

Unlife you mean.

If you are only in for the story, you can watch compilations of the cutscenes on youtube.

Most ironic of all, was the last gift that Raziel had given me. More powerful than the sword that now held his soul, more acute even than the vision that his sacrifice had accorded me. The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion: hope.

I wanted a remake of this entire serie.

Now I want a remake of this entire serie with nothing but gheeto talk written by Chapelle.

I dont think he ever had much of a choice in avoiding the sword fate. The soul reaver on his hand already ensured hed get stuck inside the sword eventually. The best thing he could do is ensure his future reaver form got a final death when it was used to purify Kains soul.

>I am going to pharmacy school next year
Wow, pharmacy school? Were you also the top of your class in the Navy Seals with over 300 confirmed kills?
>Shakespearean is a term to describe a narrative which is prose-like
Do you know what prose is? It's everyday, normal language. Shakespeare is revered in part for his use of meter as his work is largely written in verse, not prose. Maybe you mean poetic? But a lot of things are poetic. There were poets long before Shakespeare.

But no, that's not what "Shakespearean" means. It simply means--as someone with a BA might be able to figure out, or even a pharmacologist--"like Shakespeare." I don't think Legacy of Kain is particularly similar to Shakespeare. It's just ornate in its language.

>tfw people just describe things with "good" stories as "Shakespearean"

I literally just got accepted to UT Austin. Yes I am going to pharmacy school, yes I am educated. It was easy to, I got an 88 on my pcat, which in the top 95th percentiles.

Second here is the definition for the term.

Full Definition of Shakespearean
: of, relating to, or having the characteristics of Shakespeare or his writings
: evocative of a theme, setting, or event from a work of Shakespeare

You are fucking retarded.

>88 on your pcat

That's 88th percentile, bro.

>is a term to describe a narrative which is prose-like which is akin to the writing style of that time period

What a godawful sentence.

>pharmacy school

You mean where the kids who wanted to be doctors but couldn't get the grades go?

>I literally just got accepted to UT Austin. Yes I am going to pharmacy school, yes I am educated. It was easy to, I got an 88 on my pcat, which in the top 95th percentiles.
I wasn't doubting the achievement, I was making fun of your pointless boasting.
>here is the definition for the term.
Yes, and neither of those particularly pertain to Legacy of Kain unless you're being especially lax with your application of the word.

No it isn't you fucking dumbass. An 88 on the pcat is a composite score. I got a 96 in chemistry a 92 in biology and a 91 in the reading comprehension and an 82 in Quanatative Reasoning. 88 is literally in the 95th percentile because only 10% of people score higher than an 80

>just wanted to talk about Raziel and Kain and the Elder God

You ruined it. You all ruined it.

>91 in reading comprehension

Why did you have to screw the whole thing up with such an obvious lie?

Reading comprehension is my best part of the test, I was surprised when my sciences were above it to be completely honest.

I don't want to be a doctor, too much work. I just want to live off like 150k a year and be a recluse and play video games and never have any human contact again.

What's 100-80? I'll give you a hint. It's not 10.

A composite score is not indicative of a percentile. It's like getting an ACT score of like 26-30, only 10% of people ever get higher than an 80 on the test, fact. Less than 5% of people can break 85 composite score. Look it up.

That too.

his life was ok, top ranking Sarafan, accomplished killing Janos. only lowpoint was being killed by someone that sound like a faggot.

So who was in the wrong, Kain or Raziel?

young Mortanius is the one that fucked up everything.

>You're a righteous thing aren't you?
>Apparently I am..

Neither of them.

nestled in the heart of the circle itself

>Tfw no Raziel and Kain buddy cop
youtube.com/watch?v=Oxiq-pDbmkE
Skip to 2:44

How? He literally did nothing wrong, other than being possessed by the Hylden Lord
That line still makes me laugh

How did Mortanius get possessed anyway?

he killed the last of the ancient vampire pillars guardians, which mad the binding frail, then he go possessed.

Hell if I know, maybe the pillars weakened from ages of non-vampire custody

Makes as much sense as anything, I guess.

>he killed the last of the ancient vampire pillars guardians
I forgot about that one, yeah they fucked up but in their defense they didn't know. Plus Moebius was involved in that too so I wouldn't blame it entirely on him

>And then... a growing sense of vertigo, and the familiar displacement...
>... the paradoxical moment when my twinned soul hovered both outside and inside the Reaver blade...
>This was the instant - the glimmer of temporal distortion - Kain had been counting on all along.
This was the edge of the coin - the minute flicker of probability upon which Kain had gambled everything.

what do you have to smoke to write a story like this and where can I get it?

I dunno, why don't you go ask her?

But why does Raziel have to go into the Reaver blade? What's the initial correlation between Raziel and the blade?

Because history twisted itself to have it happen and has been trying to make it happen every opportunity. Too bad Raziel has free will.

History nipple twisting itself is not a valid reason, it explains nothing at all.

That's not even the best moment in the game.

>"Conscience...? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare to question my judgment!"

What's there to explain? Future Raziel has been in the sword so Raziel knew it would happen. Defiance shows how.

"Suppose one day, the coin falls on it's edge"

What did he mean by this?

>that webm

context

Game was filled with great moments. The conversation at the pillars is a big one, but I really liked the one at the tomb of William the Just. The way it tied together events that happened in the first BO blew my god damned mind. Stuff that seemed random like why William just happened to have a sword that looked like one you could get before that got turned into a major event that drove the very story of the games.

I RENOUNCE YOU!

Explain why he has to go into the sword in the first place.

The 'it will happen in the future' and the 'how it happens' aren't important. Why does Raziel himself has to go into the blade? He was born a normal human, he died, he was turned into a vampire, he got thrown into some swirly water and turned into a wraith. At which point does anything compel him to spend an eternity inside a chunk of metal? Why he and not some other random dude? Why a dude at all? Why does anything has to go into the blade? It worked fine when it was slurping blood, why does it suddenly want Raziel's soul?

For you.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENosWOAWUgo

He actually doesn't have to. He ended up making that choice at the end but his actions were free of "fate" because of the entire situation with his soul/the sword.

Not him but perhaps it has to do with the prophecy.
The blood reaver has to fight against the destroyer and the soul reaver fights against the redeemer, since Raziel is both destroyer and redeemer he has to go inside the blade, because the blade has to fight him and at the same time because he has to wield the soul reaver to "fight against himself".
The question with this is at what moment did he became both destroyer and redeemer, and I guess it was the moment of his "rebirth" (although since he also got free will out of that, he could've chosen to not fulfill the prophecy at all and just kill Kain and not redeem shit, but he ended up fulfilling it by following first his thirst for vengeance, then his thirst for knowledge, and finally his sense of justice)
But I'm just guessing here.

Because he has free will, and the Soul Reaver's paradoxes can change fate. He submits himself to the sword to allow Kain to finally fulfill the role denied by destiny as the Scion of Balance. Twisted by millennia of hunger, the wraith blade, the future of his soul, remembers only hunger and an intense desire to fulfill his purpose within the blade. Raziel himself is the reason why Raziel must enter the blade.

Did you play Defiance? They explained that the Soul Reaver was never meant to eat souls, the one that was actually eating souls was Future Raziel driven insane from being trapped inside a blade.

When he was struck with the Soul Reaver, Future Raziel couldn't eat himself so the blade shattered and became Raziel's parasitic blade.

At the end of SR2, Future Raziel re-entered the Soul Reaver and became a Super-hungry God mode blade. It let Raziel go on a rampage but was destined to turn on Raziel and trap him into the blade until Kain intervened.

I loved how Raziel turned away from Elder God in the later games only to finally question why any of the stuff was put into motion in the first place. He's such a tool even when he feels like he's exercising free will.

So if Kain hadn't intervened, there would be 2 Raziels in the blade?

>He's such a tool even when he feels like he's exercising free will.

I believe there is even a scene or two of other characters commenting on that. That they still got the only person with "free will" to do exactly what they wanted.

The soul reaver on his arm is his insane soul from hundreds of years of hunger being trapped inside a sword. He has to become like that somehow.

Considering by the point Raziel learns he is the sword, the entire timeline is kinda fucked due to all the bullshit Kain and Raziel do, the origin of the sword no longer is set in stone.
All we know is, at some point in the normal timeline, Raziel gets sucked into the sword and Kain uses it as the ultimate weapon.
Of course, now, the timeline is fucked six ways to next Tuesday, so shit's a bit more complicated.

Kain knew pretty much everything at that point except for who was the real big shot behind it all. He had access to the chambers of Chronoplast where he saw Raziel killing at the William's tomb.

That's just it, free will is only your own, and designed to be manipulated to a discernible margin. You can only try and do what you want, but to own another person is something Raziel couldn't understand, even after killing Dumah.

>You awake to a world of fear. These times of change are so unsettling. Do you think I feel no revulsion for this form?

Mobius was able to convince Raziel to do so much shit, to the point he made Raziel think it was his own free will to do so, even when it's painfully obvious he's being controlled.
Raziel is not a smart man.

So does the sword at the end of Defiance have multiple Raziels in it, making it so it is now free of fate?

Technically, yes. It has the original Raziel spirit, the one driven mad with hunger, and the one we know, who chose to become part of the sword.
Shame we will never know what becomes of this.

At the end of soul reaver 2 the sword would have had 2 reavers in it, creating an ouroboros. At the end of defiance Raziel gives his purified soul sword to Kain to purify Kains soul so his ultimate fate ends at that. He still needs to enter the sword and go insane so theres a soul sword to be purified.

Except we do. Kain beats the shit out of the Elder God so badly the voice actor died.

Moebius said it best.

>And Kain thought I truly hard free will
>Oh, but you do. And there's the greatest triumph of all, to have compelled the one player who could choose into doing exactly what we required. Well done, faithful servant.

I wish Blood Omen was on GOG.

I knew I had this picture somewhere.

>He still needs to enter the sword and go insane so theres a soul sword to be purified.

Well I thought that that wasn't really necessary now since with that sword he can do whatever he wants free of fate. It's a device that doesn't care about paradoxes since they can't effect it anymore.

so i told kain to create a walking paradox in order to completely fuck with fate/time and eventually realize his destiny as the guardian of balance

and he actually did it the absolute madman

KYS retard

From what I understand of all the games I played in the series, fate is defined as everything the Elder God knows and can plan around.

The Elder God is a 4th Dimensional parasite that feeds on every soul that dies. He knows everything that his past and future self knows and he can effectively monitor everything in the Living World. His end goal is to get fat from all the souls of every being that has died and the Vampires were a nuisance since they could theoretically never die and be out of his reach. But that's okay because he is still invisible to them and he can wait until they get killed by humans he manipulated.

Raziel is an abnormality because he doesn't die when he gets killed, he just shifts to the spectral world. This is really dangerous because the Elder God isn't omnipotent in the spectral world and Raziel can see his machinations in plain view. So he has to manipulate him into the one prison that could hold him which is the Soul Reaver.

By the End of Defiance, Raziel is willingly stuck in the Soul Reaver but his ability to interact with the Elder God ends there. However, since he passed the torch to Kain, the Elder God is now terrified that he can actually be killed because if his future incarnation is dead, he knows there's no way to prevent it.

>sits in throne casually

You know, Mobius is supposed to be able to see all points of time, right?
He would know every guardian ends up corrupted, himself included, and that Kain goes kinda crazy.
Why does he just not give a shit about trying to stop it?
I know Elder God basically controls him, in a sense, but he should realize this is bad, and would want the corruption to be prevented.

One of the only figures I own. See them and statues as a waste for the most part but I just loved these games too much.

The spirit reaver removed the corruption from Kain. It's not exempt from paradoxes and doesn't change the fact that Raziel HAS to be consumed by the blood reaver.

youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI

That fucking dialogue though

One of my top vidya scenes

I thought that the fact that it was now multiple Raziels folded upon eachother made it so it could now "change" time and ignore fate, like Raziel could do himself when he had his soul doubled and on his arm, and like how Kain was able to kill William the just because both of them had a "Raziel on the inside" soul reaver.

>would want the corruption to be prevented.
That's exactly why he lead a genocide against the vampires.

He doesent give a shit about the pillars or the guardians. At the end of defiance he pretty much says the Hylden arent a big issue that can be dealt with later. His ultimate objective is the death of all vampires which would have happened in the good ending of blood omen. He basically just really hates vampires and loves his Tony Jay voiced god.

Until he realizes said "God" is just a fat parasite

For those who might not have seen this
youtube.com/watch?v=dWM_Vqh8qAg

Probably the most well known and loved segment in the series. With good cause. Even the god damn music is amazing. The weight of history from all the way back to BO1 shown there made me lose it when I first played it.

Here is a couple more parts that blew my mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=0XYtktBNlBs&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=nl0X_-qejD8&feature=related

It's these things that makes it mandatory to recommend/play BO1 first and not just skip it. Those moments of realization when everything pieces together across multiple games.

>Lake of the Dead is where Raziel became a wraith and is like a headquarters to the Elder God
>Said lake has a teleporter to the ancient ruins of some civilization
>Said ruins are filled with werewolves
>Tons of snake depictions
>Snakes in the form of Ouroborous represent the Elder God
Seriously, what the fuck? There's got to be something special to the Lost City.

BO1 is more difficult to play though.

I thought you could pirate it pretty easily. Also the ps1 version is pretty easy to get isn't it?

Know it's hard to play in another way, the god damn long as loading times every time you want to do something in the menu. Is that the same on the pc version?

No idea. It's not on gog, and I'm shit at pirating games.

The thing is, Raziel isn't the only abnormality technically. Remember that the Vampire soul doesn't go to the "wheel" and as such, they don't "die" when they get killed either, like Dumah whose body was impaled, and as soon as you take the spears off, he comes back. The difference between Raziel and those other Vampire Wraiths from the Spectral Plane is that Raziel was able to maintain his sanity and "powers", mostly likely for being the first raised by Kain. Once he feeds on enough souls, he travels back to the Physical realm, due to his powers like I said.

But yeah, after that, everything you've said apply.

In order for there to be a paradox, Raziel's soul must be both outside and inside the reaver. When Kain gets the spirit reaver, Raziel's soul is only inside the blade.

Sorry chum. Don't know what to tell you there. Think you can get it through the playstation store if you have a ps3 or psp for pretty cheap but not sure.

You are talking about the end of the events of the second game, where a paradox was caused by that but multiple Raziels in the same place have shown to be able to "ignore" or change history/fate in other cases. That was what allowed the William the Just situation, as well as why Raziel has "free will" independent of fate when he has the soul reaver.

>only got an 88 composite on PCAT

lmao

>we do Shakespear in 11th grade

You also gotta be 18 to post here.

I too played Blood Omen all the way through.

Can you wait for a bit? I have a zipped archive of the game, it's just basically "unzip and play" kind of thing. I could upload it to Mega if you want.

Given the choice - whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny - what was a king to do?

But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

Yes please, I downloaded this and I cant change the resolution, did the bik patch but still can't see fmvs, and I have no controller support without the dll input. So if you could help me out that would be great senpai.

>Favorite LoK quotes?

>I renounce you.

Simple yet bearing the full weight of it's meaning.

Actually found a link in the archives, apparently I uploaded it before and just forgot:

mega.nz/#!bFtymJZJ!x5pXCH3baDsk4QmsLQkb3BQ1EoJ8K1u34eyH4VbAO1s

Now just keep posting those boss movie posters.

Before I download it, I already have the game downloaded, but I cant change the resolution or controller support, does yours have the dll files and fmvs already translated?

only played the original, it was pretty stupid.

then I played the second one and drop it like 10 minutes in. What a piece of trash. Whoever was in charge of the graphics, art style, and gameplay, should be hanged.

I played the game and the FMVs work normally.

As for controller support, no idea, I play with a keyboard.

How do you change the movement keys from the numpad to wasd and what's your OS.

Windows 7.

And again, I have no idea, it's been a year or so since I last played the game.

Oh my fucking god thank you dude, it works like a charm family.

No problem.

Glad I could help.

>download this
>unpack
>start KAIN.exe
>antivirus automatically deletes it and gives me a warning
k

Same. Shame I wanted to play it.

>It was just a prank bro.

is Raziel the angriest video game character who ever lived?

I think he is a candidate.

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS SICK COIN TRICK I CAN DO!

>SR2 was shit

It's because the bink converter is a separate exe that converts the fmvs to a usable format on modern PC's. Literally playing it right now, and I have avg, nothing popped up.

BO2 is alternative timeline anyway so not like it matters...

It's fiend, not thing.

No, it's not. The Hylden Lord literally appears in Defiance.

Raziel is the only thing that can eat souls as a Wraith.

I have never - NEVER - seen someone with this much shit taste before!

Not when Kratos exists.

Destiny is a game, is it not?

WHY DOES KAIN PUNISH RAZIEL FOR EXCELLENCE?