Why Blizzard is so desperate for old players?

Why Blizzard is so desperate for old players?

What's wrong with helping people get started on their website?

A game thats been around for as long as WoW has better have a guide for both new and returning players you dolt.

Because everyone who is gonna give wow a try has at this point, they cant rely on marketing to new players anymore, just grabbing back old ones

and until LFD/LFR is gone they shouldnt even bother desu

New players join but leave instantly after 1 month.

Old players stood with them for years but gave up because Blizzard is shit.

>new players
Is there anyone who hasn't played WoW at some point in their life?

People who probably didn't exist or were still in diapers 12 years ago.

I honestly haven't. I won't touch subscription games with a barge pole, it's a complete scam.

I have never touched it, mostly because I was afraid to get stuck in it. My only MMO was Guild Wars 2 which I played for 2 weeks before being bored out of my mind.

this

WoW ended up when every feature which pushed you to interact with society, they made auto-finder shit. Furthermore, this shit made a lot's of trash items divide them into normal and heroic. It's fucking pointless. Too much trash content.

>a single paycheck at a McDonald's tier job can pay for 3 whole years of WoW
>12 years of entertainment for 4 paychecks, which is 2 months of work
Not much of a scam.

In the US at least WoW reached market saturation years ago. There's no more room to grow.

There are private servers. That is how I began to play WoW. Luckily for you it's shit now, because when I played I thought like you first, but got the real deal after a while.

there are far more people that have played wow or used to play wow than those that currently play right now.

>Game is dying as people are leaving in droves after being scammed for the xth time

When I played WoW, I played nothing but WoW. It's probably the period in my life I least spent money on games.

>WoW
>entertainment

Im not a fan of tab-targeting "Go there kill 10 mobs come back" autism simulatots

This, basically.
If you buy and play one game at full retail price per month, you're spending way more than you would on wow.

WoW has one of the most creative questing. There's a ton of creative shit that you rarely ever see in other mmorpgs.

I paid over 500 bucks for it, whereas I payed next to nothing for other games. :^)

>I won't touch subscription games with a barge pole

If you didn't play WoW back when it was prime for this reason then all you've managed to do is rob yourself of potentially the greatest gaming experience of all time. The money you saved has most certainly been blown on games that couldn't hold your interest for a month anyway.

>all of Vanilla and the Wrath zombie event
I'll cherish those memories even in death.

>not playing Guild Wars instead of shitcraft

You robbed yourself, blizzdrone.

>all of vanilla
Damn. You were lucky, lad. Those three months of vanilla, tho.

Not really. WoW is a time sink in a good way. $15 for 30 days is much better than $60 for 6 hours.

me

fuck paying monthly and it has that stupid camera angle, I can't stand playing any games with that dumb overhead view.

It's literally budget WoW. It's got like half of the content with only one payment. Good for people not wanting the large-scale investment if WoW, but both are good in their own ways.

>Hito Hito no mi

I'm level 56 and just finding quests has gotten hard.

Because they really, really, really don't want to release legacy servers for whatever reason, even though that'd most certainly save WoW

Not many. I have a lot of friends who tried out the whole "first 20 levels are free" thing.

The cost/time spent enjoying is untouchable by nearly any other form of entertainment that isn't free.

12 bucks a month is nothing if you're playing hundreds of hours a month.

i have given it 10 minutes.

I played for like three days four years ago but didn't like it.
Now I just got into it like 3 weeks ago and am playing through it for the first time, I'm the level 56 faggot that posted above.

You playing Vanilla? Because I feel for you so much if you are. Even BC and Wrath weren't that easy with the halved xp required and 58 for Outlands.

I don't think I am, I mean I'm at vanilla content I think but I own all the games

1-60 got reworked in Cata. It's now easy as piss and you can blow through it in a day if you really want to. You have more than enough quests, you're probably just not in the right zone.

Explain how it isn't without using cringy reaction images.

25 years old, I have literally never played it, and I literally never will.

uh... yeah ?

Yeah. People from India, and people who would rather play CSGO. All games are fucking dogshit. Anyone who says otherwise is actual cancer to the human genepool.

You would have been in high school when it was new and exciting. Don't blame you.

>WoW ended up when every feature which pushed you to interact with society

Oh no not that! How dare that happen in a massive multiplayer online game.

I just don't like mmos, especially the combat

Literal children.

People that were 4 years old when WoW first came out are now 16.

what about $60 for years of play? Most competitive games offer that, and at worse you have to buy an upgrade every two years which is usually a reduced price

Then you're doing it wrong.

I'm 24 and have never played it.

Don't listen to these cucks, vanilla WoW was overrated and there's no subscription based game that doesn't have a funner, free-er alternative.

>People that played WoW as children now have own children

Old players are a now a demographic for blizzard because so many of them have left and tentative on returning but refuse to resub because the games changed so much.

Dumbing down the game and removing complexity from each class prevents people from returning. I came back in WoD and hated what they were doing with the classes of my mains so I used the free 90 to make a hunter for fun and it was going to be a beastmaster and super fun right? I realized quickly that hunter pets been homogenized and control pet had been taken away along with several other class abilities so I was like fuck that and dropped it again having once again played less than the xpac prior.

blizzdrones are a real thing

They just have some formula that gets a certain type of person, and once they hook them in they just start pouring all their money in. Thus they try to hook them back in

>resub during legion launch with no gold
>in first week of legion, make enough gold for 7 months of wow subs by spending 20 minutes a day flipping items on the AH
pretty easy desu

Gold selling is still a thing?

usually people don't want to give up 2 months of work for a video game.

they made it an official in-game thing to deter gold seller spam, and it worked. you click a button to spend ~33-70kg depending on server economy and get a month of wow sub. other players buy the tokens with IRL cash and sell them to get that 33-70kg

Have you tried winterspring?
Blasted lands got a big rework but you will probably get raped there unless you are a pve fag.

>People that played WoW release as adults still don't have children

Why don't they just make WoW2?

I didn't know about this. Interesting.

Me, 22.

Never even touched it. I attempted to play it once like 8 years ago on my shitty laptop but I couldn't get it working. Final Fantasy XIV is the first actual MMO I've ever played, and after playing that there's no way I'm going to play a game that looks so shitty. Plus I was never a fan of the artstyle in general.

it's where the money is.

Wow a shit
All these neckbeards circlejerking to their CGI shit and talking about stupid lore that doesn't even make sense
The game is literally just Kill X amount of y or go pick up x amount of y

>For someone that had a blast playing Warcraft 2 & 3, WoW looks Simpsons tier

is there any mmo worth playing that ISNT wow?

I am bored as fuck with my life and need something to distract me/ kill time

No. There isn't any MMO worth playing period, and there never has been; they're time waster simulators for those with no life or trying to distract themselves from their life.

Me

Pretty much every subscription MMO is a scam at this point because they've all followed WoW's nu-model.

>1. Grind currency doing the same shit scripted dungeons until you max out for the week
>2. Do this for months on end on your mains and alts for shiny gear
>3. until- HOORAY, A PATCH! Your gear is obsolete now, go grind the same dungeons for another few months
>Rinse & repeat
>This is content
>You pay for this

just play monster hunter

>Eventually you've done everything in the game for a given patch and now you're just paying $10~15/month for a chatroom

Man if Azeroth fucking needs me so bad you greedy fuckers wouldn't still charge me a monthly fee to play your fucking game on top of expansions.

Go to Silithus, pretty good for questing :^)

i'm 20 and i haven't played it, even though i fucking loved wc3

i guess i just never got around to it

>Guild Wars

Yeah Blizzard, Azeroth is the one who really suffers from this.

seriously, not one game?

I have never ever play wow.
Mostly because i dont want to become a neckbeard

>works for Guild Wars
>plays FF15

People who played since vanilla should not have to pay a subscription fee for WoW nowadays.

Agreed, they'll need the money to pay a therapist for their obvious addiction

>12 burgers a month
>x12 months
>x12 years
>~1728 burgers

Well that's because you're a spastic faggot that buys mounts and paid in-game services and shit.

>15

If it was an addiction I'd pay to play it. I just get an occasional nostalgia craving but I'll be damned if I'm going to fork over more money to them when they're charging more than ever for expansions, AND have a cash shop, AND they charge more for server transfers, faction changes, race changes, etc than any other MMO all while having way less options.

If you like PVP pick lol or dota. Research on what you want to play, both are free to play.

Played both and LoL resembles more of WoW pvp.

I've played WoW to, like, level 20.

I have played and tested a ridiculous amount of MMOs. Compared to them, WoW is low-level trash. It basically started the whole "MMOs are single-player/co-op adventures and all types of player-to-player interactions have to be severely limited".

it got downgraded to trash since cataclysm.

For me it was wotlk, but it wasn't that serious of a dumb down during wotlk, I just personally hated it.

Vanilla and tbc were both equally nice.

me, too busy playing ragnarok

>I have played and tested a ridiculous amount of MMOs. Compared to them, WoW is low-level trash
When did you play?

>WoW
>actually a good game
what made it good?

I was talking about WOTLK and even vanilla.

Compared to games I've played before - EVE, Tibia, that fucking game where you exchange in-game money for dollars and even fucking Lineage 2 - all of them are much more interactive and "multiplayer" than WoW.

>implying introducing features which destroys any sense of community or culture within a population is a good thing.

Cross server bg's and dungeon/raid finders killed much of the social aspect of WoW. You no longer had to form relationships with the players around you anymore. Everything became about instant gratification. Acti/Blizz keep implementing more features to help everyone gear up and make it more 'fair' so more people could do end game content. Shitters and chronic douchebags who would've normally and rightfully been blacklisted on their server begin filling raid slots and bg's. Player morale begins to drop. Blizz makes more gibsmedat style features. Sense of server community is slowly and surely degraded since Finders group you with people all across different servers. Everyone is geared as fuck yet no one really knows or likes anyone else on the server outside irl friends and guildies.

And this kids is why communism is bad.

>Cross server bg's and dungeon/raid finders killed much of the social aspect of WoW. You no longer had to form relationships with the players around you anymore.
LFG MARAUDON, CAN TANK OR DEEPS

this

/thread

If you socialized with other players or were in a good guild finding groups for anything, even maraudon, wasn't that hard. If you play with friends or made friends serverside they'd be happy to help you run dungeons, even shitty ones like mara. If you're fun to play with people will want to play with you.

I think you missed the point

Can't say that I miss typing for LFG and trying to fill a party manually, but what was lost through the dungeon/raid finder was far worse. In the times I've cashed on my 1-week free 'plz come back' trials here and there, I found that problem only got worse with every expansion. Less and less people from my server, and recently, people that don't even speak the same language. Of course, that's sidestepped by making all the instances braindead easy so no communication is actually necessary

Actually there are, 98.6% of the population on earth in fact.

I haven't. I don't like MMORPGs, I only played Runescape like 10 years ago.

28 in December, never touched the game and the only Blizzard game I've ever touched was Overwatch.

once you lure one back he'll try and bring his friends back into it, too

>zombie plague happens
>get to unite and chat with enemy players for the sole purpose of wiping out all sentient life

I never bothered because i don't like Blizzard in general.

Eso is pretty good an kills tons of time. Its also very cheap.

The community killed itself.
Atm. There are dungeons that need communication and coordination(mythic and mythic+) but no one wants help one another and therefore it is required (while pugging) that you know the instance already or over gear it by million miles. Pretty much the same with raids.