What are the biggest cashgrab sequels in gaming history?

What are the biggest cashgrab sequels in gaming history?

>pic unrelated

Your favourite game.

>game improves upon the first in nearly every single aspect
I don't know OP. You go first.

Pic not related?

anyway, Dragon Age 2 probably. Because Bioware originally intended it as an another expansion to Origins but EA wanted it to be a full priced release.

This game is a nu-male, a mary sue, a cashgrab, and a Reddit all at the same time.

dark souls 2

I wish we got more cashgrab sequels on the level of Bioshock 2.

This post is the new MLP.

ur the new mlp

Who started the B2 hate meme? It was Levine himself, wasn't he.

Dark Souls 2 got fucked by development hell.
Dark Souls 3 is an actual cashgrab, which doesn't make it a bad game, but it is.

I mean wouldn't you be mad if a game that all the signs of being a cashgrab ended up being the exact opposite and being better than the games you yourself had made that it was based on?

So mad in-fact that you straight up copy many of the story aspects and put them into your next game, which in turn does so bad your studio is disbanded?

Fuck off, OP. Bioshock 2 is better than 1.

Someone post the unedited version

I haven't played a single Bioshock ever.

I just picked up Infinite on sale for $7.

Am I gonna have fun?

Dark Souls wasn't that interconnected, there were plenty of areas that had one way entrances and if they didn't they had the prior area connect to it from two different spots.

>I have about $200 in birthday money
>Bioshock: The Collection just came out
>So did Dragon Quest VII

Halp.

>I just picked up Infinite on sale for $7.
>Am I gonna have fun?
>infinite
>fun
If you expect a good game, then no.

>infinite
You poor unfortunate soul.

You picked the worst one by far.

Probably, seeing as you post anime screenshots.

To be completely honest, Infinite is fun if you lower your standards.

Halo 3 ODST. It was just meant to be an expansion, so it's good at that. MS though fucked Bungie over and lead to it getting a mixed reception from people.

It was probably pretentious fuckheads who came into the game expecting a shitty twist like what 1 had. That's why 2 is shit on while Minerva's Den is well liked

And by "lower" we mean "none".

Maximize your fun by playing them from worst to best

Infinite
Bios 1
Bios 2
SS1
SS2

>Bioschok: The co

NO

>Minerva's Den
>twist
The "twist" is fucking spelled out for you. The only way you couldn't see it coming is if you picked up none of the recordings.

I'm not getting it for PC, user.

If you buy Bioshock The Collection you're a retard, the games are already cheap enough as is on both PC and PS3/360.

And the games are still buggy on PC so if you buy them there you're basically paying money for retextures.

are you trying to summon barneyfag?

NO

S-so many (You)'s... I'm obviously getting meme'd on. It's probably a great game. Thanks!

kill yourself

If you're a casual uninvested into the series, you have no standard to hold it to so you'll either love it or it'll be meh to you.

It's a shootan, not a proper Bioshock.
That's all.

they all watched matthew matosis' video and are now video game experts. you can trust them.

You'll see for yourself soon enough then.

Eh, I'll wait for a price drop, then.

Left4Dead 2
Dragon Age 2

I can't believe people are actually falling for this bait.

>Improves

Level design is worse, atmosphere is worse, story is worse. Tacks on multiplayer for no reason because that's what the kids are into. Games for Windows Live.

Bioshock 1 starts with the main character saying he was destined for great things, Bioshock 2 starts with shooting yourself in the head. I feel like there's a message there.

>"everything is shit" the post

Okay

Bio2 is a meathead shooter as well.
Get your facts straight, fagola.

The fucking bioshock collection sure is.
They look worse than the originals in terms of lighting and the sound design is fucked.

>Bioshock 1 starts with the main character saying he was destined for great things, Bioshock 2 starts with shooting yourself in the head.
your parents' expectations vs how you'll die?

Can one be any more wrong and pretentious at the same time?

Dark Souls 2 had more unique ideas and concepts put into it than Dark Souls "Hey Remember 1" 3.

>remasters
>it's pretty much the exact same but with steam achievements now

i suppose it's alright

Steam reviews seem to be having a pretty bad take on it. Doesn't seem like too much was actually fixed.

Holy shit

Pretty good mate

>story is worse

and Bioshock 1 story was straight from SS2 lmao

And SS2 was a good game.
Bio2 was not.

>UHH
>we made bank off a game about a city under the sea
>DUDE LETS PUT ONE IN THE SKY NOW LMAO

ftfy.

Fucking brutal.

Fucking destroyed.

Could you stop samefagging for your shitty funnyjunk comps

FE Fates
>split game into 3 pieces
>make the full version limited and double price
>do a shitty localization so people get mad at that instead

>get absolutely demolished
>s-s-s-samefag!!

erry time

You got destroyed you pretentious fag, just leave.

this

>ds2tards actually believe this
>hey, we are on a unrelated land on another era, but look, remember this from ds1? is here im a fucking swamp for no reason xDD praise the sun
>also put ornstein in the game and never mentions it, and on ng+you discover that all major bosses have the soul of ds1 characters

Not even that user, you samefags are legitimately stupid

>I-it wasn't me

minerva's den dlc>2>1>infinite

Bioshock 2 isnt even close to be a shitty cashgrab

But this instead

shut the h*ck up

>das2 fags will defend this

>DS2 is still a shitty game on my book, they're just on denial.

Maybe. I don't know. Infinite is the game that made me say "I hate video games". I've been jewed by EA, fucked over by Ubisofts incompetency. But atleast at no point did they act like their shit was some Albert Einstein levels of genius, that it's so flawlessly designed and esoterically beautiful that I'll never fully comprehend.

As much as went wrong with Dark Souls II, devs trying to make quick buck wasn't more of an issue than it was with the previous games.

yes it was
>hey look at my game it looks good
>wtf how this will run on ps3 and x360
>i know i will ruin the graphics on all platforms forever, so they can run on ps3 and x360 and we get more money, and then we release the game again for ps4 and xone and pc as soft, but with graphics that aren't half as good as the original ones before downgrade, its just the regular shitty game with a different lighting, so we get more money easily

>same gameplay
>same aesthetic
>shit story
How is it not a shitty cashgrab again?

>>same gameplay

>Same gameplay
>Same aesthetic
"no"

Every asscreed

Still better than Inifnite and has better gameplay sating more true to the original

>Lumping in SS with that shit
Why

>Bio 2 improves on every aspect other than the story
>story>gameplay fags come out of the bushes to shit up the thread.

>same aesthetic

Really only in regards to architecture

This has got to be bait

>2 looks better in every way
HOW DARE THEY

this is about shit artstyle
>when bio 2 looks better than infinite

forgot pic

It looks like Infinite wanted to 'update' the Bios 1 little sisters, frog faces and all.

FANTASTIC!

atleast two people laughed at you op, sucks to have bad taste

>being this delusional

Is the remaster good? I have Bioshock 2 on steam so I got it for free and was thinking about playing it. Never played Minervas Den either so figured I'd knock that off too.

>ad populum

it doesnt take an expert to know that infinite is underwhelming

Yahtzee hated it and put it as his 5th worst game of the year.

Portal 2
L4D2
Pikmin 2
Starcraft 2
Oregon Trail 2
Pacwoman

these were nice big hunks of shit

Honest to god answer? Yes you'll have fun.
Is it as good as BS1&2? Nope.
Is the story good? Meh.

At best it's a decent shooter with some fun mechanics. At worst it shits all over it's predecessors and shouldn't be a Shock game.

Play it, enjoy it for what it is and if you liked it then you should definitely check out Bioschock 1 and 2 as well as System Shock 1 and 2.

>Yahtzee

This is when I stopped trusting htat faggot's opinions.

I'd trust Yahtzee more than the liars on Cred Forums.

I've played all three, I enjoyed all three, but there's something about infinite... it just doesn't feel like a a proper bioshock game. Shoulda played 1 and 2 first, but at look at it this way: the best is still ahead of you.

The graphics downgrade happened because of the overhaul.