Steam controller

Do you agree with this list?

Other urls found in this thread:

amzn.com/B007Q45EF4
amazon.co.jp/dp/B01L8QL2EM/ref=twister_B01LN9MN2O?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY1MjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the best controller is the xbox mini controller for my tiny hands

Best controller is whatever the fuck suits you the best. There's no universal one.
And you can make any pad working with any game if you're not brain dead.

>not the Wii U pro controller

Pffft

I hate PS4's analog sticks and d-pad
I also don't like the left stick being below the d-pad, but that's subjective

Personally I use a WiiU Pro controller, the only real fault with it is no analog triggers for gamecube emulation and no indents for 8-directions

I really like both the Xbone and the DS4 controller.

Sony controllers are for manlets.

lmfao. dualshock 4 has always been shit. feels like shit and is flimsy and cheap. xbone control runs circles around it, especially on PC.

DS4 on PC is the real deal, yes. Buy thumbstick covers and download DS4Windows and you're good to go.

>DS4 better than Xbone controller

Can it be used on PC tho?
seriously i dont know

>tfw been using a DS3 pad for years

The only pad I would upgrade to is a Steam controller

>ds4
>used for anything besides anal masturbation

might as well just have glued to atari joysticks for that garbage can tier analog stick placement.
sorry but sony is fucking retarded

WRONG

Yes.

that battery life is so nice
charging a controller isn't such a bad thing, but when you game as much as someone who browses Cred Forums, it's nice not having to charge it daily

There's a Mayflash device that treats it as an XInput or DInputect device, you get to switch.
You can also just use toshiba stack and figure it out on google

you're welcome

Why are you millennials so fixated on saying the Xbox analog sticks are the best? Do your fat, disgusting fingers continously BUMP each other while using a Dualshock? Good luck with your imprecise control and carpal tunnel, faggots.

lel nigger u mad

>Design isn't comfortable
Is the reviewer a manlet or woman? the Steam Controller fits my hands better than any other controller. The only thing potentially uncomfortable is the fact that the face buttons are slightly lower on it than on other controllers. I found that hard to get used to, but still not uncomfortable.
The real complaint I have about the controller is that the two motion pads click way too hard when you press them. I really wish they felt more like a D-pad.

>game as much as someone who browses Cred Forums
If you gamed as much as someone on Cred Forums you would hardly ever have to charge your controller.

>best controller
>needs 3rd party drivers that may come with aids if it's anything like what was needed for the DS3

INCORRECT

this is such a godlike underappreciated controller

I still use the PS1 controller without analog

this is actually accurate

What

The layout is a lot comfier and allows for faster reaction time when playing something that requires snappy inputs(such as action games)

Also the d-pad is better

Idort here, Xbone is best. The DS4 is still the best DualShock.

it was plug and play for me

I used the dualshock 3 as a pc controller for maybe 2-3 years and it was okay but i recently got an xbone controller and you really can't go back. Xbox controllers are so much better it's not even funny.

What am I supposed to look for in a bluetooth dongle to use on my pc?

>this heap of trash is the best pile of garbage in all of china

im ok with this

To be frank I'm tired of breaking ds4 triggers, switched to xbone controller and it feels better, only downside is the piece of shit clicky d-pad. I'm not sure if this guy even tried the other controllers.

5 star reviews

>+80 hours of battery life
>+best dpad
>+best placement of sticks and buttons
>+Wireless and cheap
>- Digital Triggers
>- Glossy look makes fingerprints everywhere

how do people like you exist

just did a search and sony came out with one for $20 just recently

I just bought a wireless 360 controller for my pc. Found it at walmart. I love it. It's fantastic, probably one of my favorite controllers despite me being a former sony fanboy. The dpad is shit, and the little bumps on the stick feel weird, but other than that I quite enjoy it.

you can use the wii u pro on pc?!

PS3/4 analog sticks and triggers are god awful. The PS4 has the mushiest R2/L2 buttons ever and they're terrible for every single game. Not to mention it's not supported as well as MS controllers.

>want to hit pause
>hit the "touch"pad instead
every time

you forgot to mention which controller you're talking about...
the ds4 internal battery literally lasts for 5 hours the most.
meanwhile i just picked up a pair of eneloop pro 2560mah recharble AAs for my One S controller

I had an xbone controller along with my DS4.

I literally had to return the xbone controller, the bumpers were so fucking hard to click. Apparently the first editions of the controller had the issue along with no 3.5mm jack. Didn't bother buying the new version, should've been the new version from the start.

all i want is an xbox controller with a trackball; why is this so fucking difficult?

i dont get why sony just dont make offical drivers for pc
they make cash, get everyone used to their design so they wont like using other controllers...
stupid fucking sony

$12 and reviews say it works flawlessly with PS4 controller

amzn.com/B007Q45EF4

>Triggers have a tactile feel
>Great analogue trigger feel.

This is so fucking wrong it hurts. The triggers are one of the bad points of the controller. They have a shit length of lever with a non linear feeling spring in them. That's ignoring the wobble and the fact the controller rests it's weight on them when placed on a flat surface.

Oh, the dpad is only considered good because it's not as bad as the 360's, it's awful to use compared to sega's old dpads.

Cause the controller already works with PC, no need for drivers. BUT, for it to work like you WANT it to work, it'd need to use xinput which is MS' controller thing. It'd be like Microsoft using Blurays... so maybe eventually.

Mega Drive/Genesis Controller for life!

Yeah, actually. For once OP isn't completely wrong

DS4 is the best controller I've ever held in my huge bear-hands.

Pity that it doesn't work in W10, or did they fix that?

I have an erection now, user.

>>Do you agree with this list?
Depends on the game, but:
Action/fighting games:
DS2>DS3>DS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every other game pad
Shooters:
Xbox controllers
I also prefer the DS design a lot more than the Wii U non-claw grip controller or the Xbox asimetric sticks.

>It'd be like Microsoft using Blurays
Uhhhhh, Windows PC plays Blurays and Xbone games are bluray.

DS4Windows is perfect.

Did I just get trolled?

that's my point.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Which they pay Sony to do, which is his point.

lol sonyggers are so retarded

>i have huge hands meme

can you crack the controller open spread the analog sticks wide apart?
because they are placed closer together than xb1

kind of defeats the purpose of designing such a huge awkward controller with anal sex toy asthetics

>dpad in the neutral position

Yeah, but it is a converter for the DS4 to work with Xinput, so you don't need sony drivers to use xinput. It's just a driver emulator essentially.

>using anything but a wired 360 controller from 15 years ago that still works perfectly and never have issue new controllers have because they are all wireless bullshit with batteries and newfag xbone controllers require you to replace the battery every fucking 10 hours

I dunno user, maybe it's because I spent all my childhood and adolescense holding DS1/DS2 controllers that I could never find the 360/xbone controllers comfortable.

but user, my xbone controller has a usb port so i just plug it into my computer. i've literally never used it wirelessly.

pretty much this
anyone who prefers xbox style controllers does so because a 360 was their first console

Best controller is the Xbox one controller and the wii-u controller.

I doubt anyone here really has huge hands desu.

>great analog feel
>they're not asymmetrical
>they fall apart after a few months
DS = dog shit

And Scuf is still the best.
It don't matter what company it depends on where you like your stick placement, however sony has aged their controller design. They refuse to change now even though having the direction pad above the primary stick is retarded now.

doesnt DS4 have official drivers now

lol, shut the fuck up bitch

Xbone controllers are great, I just wish they had the god-tier 360 analog sticks.
I've heard about that fucked bumper issue, that sounds awful.

All of them are total garbage quality wise.

Xbox controller is the most comfortable though if you don't have girly/Asian hands.

The Steam Controller is also great for emulators, like Dolphin. You can hack together profiles that allow the dual stage triggers to work for the gamecube as well as certain PS2 games that supported the analog buttons (MGS2 + MGS3), and is also great for using the gyro to play Wii games. I also prefer to use the Steam Controller for single player shooters, like Borderlands, where twitch, pinpoint accuracy isn't needed, but it's still better than using analog stick aiming.

The best is to have every controller, fucking poorfags

Good thing im an asian girl.

>gee user, my super shit taste is shit because i have been holding shit for 10 years

There is a reason every PC release of a console game with controller support uses Xboner icons and not sonypony shit.

Its because Dualshock's design is stuck in the 90s

>keeping hands under tension the whole time you play because the thumb sticks are so far down the controller
>ergonomics
Fuck off lobster

take a lesson from scuf and just put the primary action buttons on the back with paddles
xbox controllers got it right, because they saw the transition from the direction pad moving from a primary to a secondary means of doing shit and the joystick being moved to the primary means of camera and movement control.
DS controllers are baked with nostalgia they aren't good controllers except for those with nostalgia.

But user, my first console controller was a master system. That's two buttons and an awful dpad. All the new controllers are moving in wierd directions. Something like the xbone base controller, with ds4 shoulders, 360 triggers and six face buttons is the direction I'd like someone to go in. I don't care about the shape too much, as long as it's comfortable as most controllers have been for ages now.

I hate the placement of the PS's stick. It made sense when most games were controlled via the D-Pad, but now it's just means you're holding the controller wonky.

And don't get me started on Nintendo's button/stick placement bullshit.

For me, the Xbox style is superior. Left Analogue and face buttons are both in comfortable positions that allow your hands symmetry during the majority of gameplay.

I'm sure other controllers do other aspects better, but if they're uncomfortable to hold, does it matter?

>budget controller
>X360
i would rather have one of the shittier logitech usb controllers than suffer the X360's atrocious dpad

>Budget controller
>X360
You mean Logitech F310. Yes it's shittier (except for the d-pad) but it costs less and this is about budget.

Regardless of price for PC gaymen:

Xbone controller > PS4 controller > 360 controller > Those shitty 3rd party controllers > PS3 controller > Shitty $9,99 Chinese controllers > KB+M

Yeah listen to this guy to make sure you don't buy the first gen xbone controller. Granted the bumper issue was affected by the way you held the controller, it's still no excuse

>Best controller
>DS4

I don't even have to get into the atrocious build quality to know this is bullshit.

Ps2 controller sticks lasted for fucking forever though
They simply are making them more shitty now so people keeps rebuying controllers.

hivemind.

360 is literally the best for most people. Xbone controller may have a better dpad but it's more than twice as expensive and doesn't work right out of the box with as many games as the 360 controller does.

pics or it's not true

>Digital Triggers
Explain.

I bought an Xbox360 controller and ended up not liking it. The location of the analog sticks and D-pad just never felt right in my hands. Contrary to other reviews, I always found the left analog to be off by a small margin. Right now I use a Logitech F310 gamepad and no problems at all so far.

No, you didn't, my post was legitimate.
>sonygger
Take your console wars and shove them up you ass, cuckbitch. Nothing plays on fighting games like an actually functioning Dpad.

My only problem with the PS4 controller is that the triggers get less springy with age.

After a couple months they feel terrible to push down.

BRING BACK DS2

>best controller
it has faults

the best controller is obviously the elite controller with its only downside being price. only an idiot would waste money on the shit that is DS4. by the time you buy a replacement DS4 you'd have invested enough to justify the 1 elite.

DS4 fucking sucks, kys

i used x360 controllers for 2 years, but always manage to reck the bumpers, not because of rage, only wear and tear. now i have a ds4 and it's great

So if I have this hooked up to a PC and press WASD, does my character still move?

One that works with toshiba bluetooth stack.
All others are trash

dont believe the lies DS3 & DS4 pad are crap for PC

My first console was Atari 2600. I preferred PSX over Xbox and it wasn't until 360 that I preferred that controller. Honestly, it was the evolution of gaming. My favorite controllers switched a bunch from 4th gen onward. SNES -> PSX -> DualShock -> DualShock 2 -> Xbox 360. The switch from DS2 to Xbox 360 came to me around the time when the d-pad took a huge backseat to the analog stick as what was used for movement.

Here's the visual. Red is where my thumbs stay. Blue is for "Oh hey, now I have to move my thumb here sometimes." When blue started becoming the main position instead of even a 50/50 split, that is when I moved on.

I'd go as far as to say that anyone who prefers PlayStation controllers today does so is because they probably haven't been gaming for as long. Easier to hold it in such an asymmetrical manner if you learned that way first. Not that it is difficult, just awkward.

no

>I also don't like the left stick being below the d-pad, but that's subjective

How to spot the "my first console was an xbox" kids

Triggers are on/off. There are no half presses.

>80 hour battery life

dear god

prove it nigger

I dont really like what they did with the analog sticks.
My DS3 still looks the best.
Btw can you use those extra buttons on the DS4 for PC games too?

D-Pad may be shit but I love it

>supports Xinput and direct input
>this is somehow a negative

I'm using this now for fighting games and fucking hate it. Need to get my DS4 back.

Analog triggers really are unnecessary and don't feel as good for most games. Even games where they are useful you still have the trigger at 0 or 100% most of the time.

>There are no half presses

My xbox 360 with high capacity rechargeable 2600mah lasts me almost 5 days, which is nearly the same.
What are you saying?

>DS4
kek

This is the correct answer.

I would like a keypad like that razer or logitech but with a real analog stick rather than the 8-way thumbsticks the current ones have.

I love that controller, the freedom to switch the functions of the d-pad and left analog stick is god sent for side scrollers that for some reason only allow play with the stick

>good controller
>DS4

Pick one

If I could reliably get my Wii U Pro controller to work on my PC I'd use that 100% of the time for non shooters. Wii U Pro is literally the comfiest controller I've ever held in my 20+ years of playing vidya. If the right button area and stick were switched to a more traditional placement it would be the greatest controller made.

>fighting games
>using a x360
>using DSanynumber
just get a saturn controller and an adapter

there is one from hori that works on consoles too, but it cost 120$+import from amazon jp

I have a 6 face button Dreamcast controller, is there an adaptor for those?

When you get the sensitivity just right, this is the best way to play shooters, especially if they allow Joystick+Mouse at the same time, or at least have a hold to walk button so you can emulate analogue movement.

>two motion pads click way too hard

I don't like how loud the Grips are, and right now it feels like there's something wrong with the Grips on my controller just because of how the batteries are stored. It's like having to take the Xbox bumpers off to change the batteries, it doesn't feel good.

I hope they do an updated controller in the future with sturdier touch pads and better grips, because not having to touch the face buttons in first person games is a big plus.

Cool, thanks

>Best controller
Keyboard

>Budget controller
Keyboard

>Luxury Controller
Keyboard

>controller for games that don't support controllers
Keyboard

I prefered the n64 over the dualshock
I prefered gamecube over DS2, but the redone Xbox hueg controller was my favorite (not the duke)
I prefered X360 controller to DS3
I haven't gotten any controllers this gen but sony has always fucked up by insisting on keeping their addon design as it is genuinely the blacksheep of controllers of any generation.

Must you?

You are retarded, they use Xbox buttons because Mictosoft makes Windows. So when you play games on PC you are playing them on a Microsoft platform.

what the fuck does tactile mean
t. yuropoor

>want to hit pause
>hit the "touch"pad instead
>every time
How shit are you at actually using it? I've used a PS4 controller three times so far and I've never had that problem any time, and these were for 4+ hours game sessions. Also, your complaint about the triggers is completely wrong, they're not mushy, they have this immense springback that no other controller had and it feels like you can only press it half way down.

The Cheetos dust is hard to get out

DS4 should just plug in via USB and work, mine does.

i will defend xbone controller to the death just because I can instantly access both shoulder buttons with only one finger and therefore hold it comfortably

It's a sexual attraction to floor tiles

>threads about CONTROLLERS
>brings up kbm

I don't know about you user, but sometimes I like to play racing, fighting and Souls games on my PC.

Button placement is shit.
Also for some reason there isn't a second shoulder button.
It's only good for GC games but ergonomically it's very nice

The only problem with the Pro Controller are the lack off analog triggers.
And the forced wireless connection. Isn't there always some kind of (minimal) input lag with bluetooth connections?

The thing with the DS3/DS4X1 Elite is that they're good for all games.

does it haver an ok d-pad? standard dreamcast d-pad was weird, they ditched the awesome saturn one and put a cross shaped that was stiff as nails. But if you like it an adaptor for dreamcast->PC should do the work
it comes with a mouse btw amazon.co.jp/dp/B01L8QL2EM/ref=twister_B01LN9MN2O?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I've never tried it so proceed at your own risk

Xbox 360 controller > Xbox One = PS4

>made of the most cheap and disgusting plastic available for consumer products
No thank you. Compared to everything else in the thread, the Wii U Pro is like a MadCatz.

If the Dualshock 4 had an xinput switch on it that let you toggle between the directinput and xinput drivers then it'd be my number one, but fuck running some program in the background all the time and having to disable it whenever playing a game that actually supports the dualshock. Not to mention it triggers some shitty anti cheats like the Dark Souls 2 one.

Wired 360 pad is the way to go for me, Xbox One if you manage to find some amazing micro USB cord that will last more than a few months.

Do you actually have your thumb that vertical or did you draw this without thinking too much about it? If so that is probably why you don't like the Sony controllers. Even when you are using the d-pad and face buttons, you thumbs should be at closer to 45 degree angles. Hold it with your fingers rather than your palms.

>perfect button placement
>Perfect 1 to 1 analog steering over sticks
> Sharing controls between hands and feet means never needing to change finger position

You shitters don't know what real control is

Best controllers per genre/subgenre
>First person games
KB+M
>3D platformers/action games
Xboner
>racing games
Xboner
>Fighting Games
Fight Sticks
>2D platformers
Dualshock
>strategy/tactics games
KB+M

>spending money on an enthusiast controller just so you can play games where you hold a button and turn

How poor/young/insecure are you?

Seriously, one of the main thing about PC gaming is that you can use a shitload of peripherals, ANYTHING YOU WANT.

People like you are responsible for dragging PC down into the consolewarfaggotry.

PC used to look down on consoles and used them too once in a while and ruled ontop of the mountaintop as a golden god

Sorry to say but you're holding it wrong.
The default resting position is on both sticks, you hold it in your fingers not your palm.
The sticks and the dpad/buttons are perfectly in line with the axis of your thumbsm this is not the case on the 360 controller.

But then again the 360 is designed to be held in the palms with thumbs resting on left stick / buttons and use of the dpad stick are not what it's designed for.

Change 3d platformers to DS4 and racing games to a wheel and you're ok

>mayflash adapter can do Xinput or Dinput
>FUCKING 80 HOURS of battery life
>comfortable
>lightweight
>excellent D-Pad

Wii U Pro is definitely God-tier. A few little tweaks would make it the GOAT controller in a heartbeat.

>3D platformers with a d-pad neutral design

lol Are there more of these?

>No half presses

DELET

Yeah I've been hoping for that for awhile. I like the controller enough that I would gladly be jewed out of another 50 bucks for a good revision.

>Luxury Controller
>Xbox Elite
My brother bought one. Within a few months it was drifting horribly.

>Your holding it wrong
>forgets to mention that every controller since PS1's generation that wasn't playstation shit has had proper grips on the controller

Really makes you think.

The saturn d-pad is a fucking joke.

You can use it for anything

there is no ultimate controller i am using a ds4 for muscle memory reasons xbox controller feels weird

say that again to my face, fucktard. It's the best d-pad in existence

It is ok. You can still do half of a half press or half of a full press.

>I've never had that problem any time
wut
>they have this immense springback that no other controller had and it feels like you can only press it half way down
are you a child?

I used it on my PC for a while, but then Microshit released a patch that tried to install their own DS4 driver and broke everything.

I can't even remove their broken driver now, it's like GWX.exe on steroids

Best controller for PC is keyboard and Mouse.
However, for games where that sucks (Dark Souls), I prefer the Duel Shock, yeah.

>Best controller
>DS4

Why? It's as standard as you get.
It's great how it defined the standard for the button names and layout for ever console controller, but it doesn't excel in absolutely anything.

No, I have Xbox Huge hands which is why I prefer the 360 controller(Xbone one is terrible), but I have no clue how you have any problem pressing Share/Pause at all.

>put DS4 down
>Somehow, magically, L2/R2 goes down
>shit gets fucked

PLS FIX

The sticks are fine.

Racing games are easy as fuck to play with kb+m, fightan and souls not so much i'll give you that.

Movement with arrow keys sucks ass though.

Real best setup is half-controller - thumbstick control on the left like the Wii's Nunchuck, with a mouse with side buttons for aiming. Barring that, gyro controls are also good because you get precision aiming that rivals M&KB while still being able to use sticks to perform ultra-quick swivels. Worst feeling ever is getting killed from behind because you couldn't spin fast enough with your aim speed to get to the dude attacking you.

It sucks that unconventional control schemes like these are so rare, I'm actually really bummed that the NX probably won't have a gyro-capable controller.

>Defined the standard layout and button names
Except there is no standard, and outside of sony systems no one uses the X O Square Triangle

If anything the gamecube controller standardized the controller market, even xbox copied trigger+bumper design with the 360 controller and ignored the D-pad as there is little reason for it outside of menus.

Only racing games I ever play are old Burnout games on PCSX2 though and those def require a controller.

>Best controller
>Ds4
What the motherfucking fuck did he mean by this?

Except they're in the wrong place.

Why is it so hard for sonyponies to understand, there is a reason why no other god damn controller in the industry uses the dualshock layout except for 3rd party knockoffs.

>there is no standard
False, every game nowadays on PC uses Xbox layout for buttons.

>Somehow "luxury" isn't the best
What. If it's the best, then why isn't it the best at everything? That just means it's not the best.

I tought we were not talking about emulation, emulation is a different case, i would even recommend to find a way to play with all the original controllers when you play on a emulator.

They have gameboards with a joystick and some bindable keys that you might wanna look into, the stick is digital only though.

I wish I had tiny hands like the rest of the world appears to have since they think the xbone and ps4 controllers are acceptable. They're so tiny, the ps3 and xbox 360 controllers are much comfortable and many people thought that the 360 controller was the best too, now that's a controller. Who needs a good dpad anyways?

>they're in the wrong place
If the sticks being in a certain place on the face of the controller is a selling point to you you're an autismo.

DS3>DS4 buy a large margin, and yes, I agree, 360 is the best controller

I know the feel

But that's what makes L2/R2 so great on the DS4. They're very sensitive.

The fuck are you talking about?

A Bentley continental is a luxury, by no means is it the best at anything

My Dualshock 2 and 3 are per perfect for me because I have small hands (despite being 6'2")

The Dualshock 4 is a fucking embarrassment.

DS4 allows you to play games that would otherwise be impossible to play on a controller. Like Arma for example. Way too many controls to configure to a standard pad. But with ds4windows you can have multiple configuration profiles that can be switched on the fly instantaneously with a swipe of the touchpad. Why you would ever want to play Arma on a pad I don't know, but I think the versatility of the DS4 alone makes it the best by default. You can also use the TouchPad as a mouse instead of for profile switching. The build quality is top notch except for the first production run with the garbage analog sticks. Xbone Elite is a close second because it's the most versatile out of the box and I'm sure by now they have worked out all the kinks in production. But there's still a limit to the games you can play with it, while the DS4 has no such limit.

Because microsoft, and the fact that microsoft for the longest while had the most supported controller on the PC, but no console uses the same layout

was just pointing out the fact to the sonypony that PS1 has never held the standard for 'button layout' ever

I prefer the DS3.

For the most part I just use a Saturn controller for 2d games via an old adapter. I don't play a lot of 3d games with a controller.

>best controller
>requires 3rd party software
Having to use 3rd party software for controllers can cause all sorts of problems with games that don't play ball.

If given the option between a dualshock or any other post 2000s controller Dualshock would be my 3rd to last pick behind wiimote and wiiu pad.

unless you have a key binding program

>Racing games are easy as fuck to play with kb+m

you're exactly the same as people who think it's easy as fuck to play fps with a controller.

I'm not saying it's the best at everything if it's luxury. I'm saying if it's the best it shouldn't be beat in "luxury", which is apparently defined to shit like looking not like shit and being sturdy. I don't think a flimsy controller can be the best.

Right now Xbox is the only controller without gyro. I doubt Nintendo would get rid of the one thing they did right and give their competition an advantage. Sony needs to actually start taking advantage of gyro to make shooting games playable on their platform.

I'm talking something more like this

Trim some of the excess weight by reducing the size of the center platform and you're pretty much golden. Analog is pretty much the entire reason to do the controller thing though, I'm surprised nobody thought of something like this before. I managed to create a crude setup of my own during Halo Forge the other day with a Wii U Pro controller and a mouse - needed a few more buttons to really make the whole thing work, but it was way more intuitive and comfortable than using keyboard for movement.

The top should be reserved for primary usage while the bottom is for secondary usage.
So for everything except shooters the Xbone controller is the best.

>Having to use 3rd party software for controllers can cause all sorts of problems with games that don't play ball.

except they don't because they use directx injection or whatever the fuck it's called that just emulates an xbox controller. i used a ds4 for a long time before i got an xbone controller and there was never a problem that would have been any different if i had been using an xbox contoller.

is this real?

that looks horrible desu

It can trigger anti cheats, I know DS2 flags you if you have DS4Windows running in the background for example.

donald BTFO

>there is a reason why no other god damn controller in the industry uses the dualshock layout

Because the shape of their controller is different. The analog stick is in a more natural position than the d-pad on the dual shock.

>tfw still using a PS2 controller with an USB adapter

>best controller
>DS4

oh im laffin. I sure do love the triggers going off just by looking at them and having the buy a whole new controller when the battery starts dying and that 2hr battery turns into 20min.

I use the Dualshock 4 on PC, not just because I like the layout, but because it's always hooked up through USB anyways due to its shit battery life.

> he thinks DS4 is good

I have one of these. Its worth is based on what games you play, though. Was great for Dragon's Dogma, sucked shit for GTA V. Can switch between keyboard inputs and controller, though only useful if your game can switch on the fly, too, otherwise you're stuck with WASD in thumbstick form.

if you are a poorfag just grab a logitech f310,
if you are not a poorfag the fuck are you doin' here?

Dude what? The Saturn D-pad is the best ever made.
>rolls like butter
>stops on a dime
Shit's magic.

>I take shitty care of my controllers and don't know how triggers work
ftfy thank me anytime

>any controller being better than keyboard/mouse

KB+M is pretty shit for 3D platformers

t. future PS4 Pro launch edition owner

REAL BRO

DONT PANIC

>3rd party drivers

dropped

What's that thing called? Image search gives bicycle seats.

Why does everyone say ds4 needs a 3rd party tool? I just did a clean install of win7, plugged it in, and it was immediately compatible with all of my emulators.

You're actually right but I'd rather not. I'm just a collector and make it a point to own every console. Even shitty ones.
All the iterations of the DS killed me.
DS4 is my preference because Xbone is too big and the dpad is utter shit.

>Having to use 3rd party software for controllers can cause all sorts of problems with games

I use my DS3 in Bluetooth mode and I never had a single problem with any PC game, old or new.
I dont know what kind of software you are talking about but all I had to do was install the right drivers and use Better DS3 to turn the controller whenever I want to play.

Have you tried playing one that wasn't emulated? It works better than you would think.

>I can instantly access both shoulder buttons
>with only one finger
>and therefore hold it comfortably

>ds4
>good

Yeah, I sure love sticks and triggers that don't work.

Does the Xbone controller still use AAs instead of a proper rechargable battery like the 360's?

My bad, the original pic wanted to use had the logo but wouldn't load so I got a different one.

Fragchuck by Splitfish

fuck off gook

>>Best controller
>DS4

Lol

nice projecting you stupid nigger, my first console was the fucking NES

Are there any keyboards with analog buttons? I really like having proper throttle control in games with driving.

you can get a rechargable battery for it
or you can be a sane person and get a fucking cable to plug it in

Not only that but there is also an xbone only battery pack you can get for it which I guess is better than rechargeable batteries???

Thanks dood

seriously you have no idea how angry i am that wired controllers don't exist anymore
fuck wireless

>Xbox Elite
>worthy of being on any list other than worst controllers list

same
but my second console was a colleco vision i purchased for 15$ back in 1993

i loved it so much but it only had 2 games and was given away by my parents after i stopped playing it

coleco vision was really the best system ever made

>360 controller is great
>bone controller fixes the one flaw with the 360 controller
>Cred Forums hates it
Tell me why it's not bandwagon fags making these tier lists.

>tfw playing old fighting games on MAME

k

yes using a soft called toshiba bt and WiiUSoft and bt dongle

>bought it for 15$
>parents gave it away
man that sucks

that's not the point you ingrate, we shouldn't have to buy a cable just to use wireless

I thought about buying this, but I really don't like to mess with 3rd party drivers.

How did nintendo make the battery so damn good though is beyond me, the only one that comes close is the steam controller.

>default controllers still require AA batteries (and eat through them at retard pace)
>made bumpers/triggers worse

The X1 controller is still good and the d-pad change was sorely needed, but they took a step backward in some areas. D-pad still isn't as good as the Pro's. Can't speak for the DS4 but I've never liked Sony's controllers at all.

>got an elite controller hand-me-down from a friend
>that feel when simply remapping jump makes every game better automatically
Only downside is you can map the bumpers as their own buttons, but I get why.

oh boy, an extra point of failure, thanks corporate overlords!

>falling for the wireless meme in 2016
>not having a set of rechargeable batteries anyway
>implying internal batteries are better
They fixed the bumpers over a year ago.

It comes with the controller, doofus

>cord gets cut
>cant replace it because it's fused to the controller

wah?

Thinking that your wheel is even good.
That is a garbage tier wheel, at least get a driving force gt

>wireless meme
Where are you getting wired Xbox One controllers anyway? I've only ever seen wireless ones, and I shouldn't feel compelled to purchase an extra battery/charging station/cable/what the fuck ever for that convenience.

Also can't even compete with 80 FUCKING HOURS so there's that.

it uses a 3ds battery, isn't that great

since fucking when? I didn't get one when I got my controller, I had to buy one for like 5$

no you didnt

Not for any controller discussed in the thread. Consoles come with usb cable to charge the controllers but when you buy a second controller all you get is the controller. Stupid, I know.

have you ever tried analog movement with WASD?

>best placement of stick and buttons

>I'm uninformed but talking out of my ass anyway I'll just ignore the truth lol

Kill yourself kid. Or I'll do it for you.

*flicks katana out of the sheath with my thumb*

You've been warned.

must be a sony thing I guess

The dpad in that controller has a track record of breaking within 6 months

>switching the pictures

user u a funny guy

yeah, the build quality is shit but it's the only dpad i've found that i like

Have you tried the Pokken controller?

Even the N64 controller which is universally mocked is better then the dualshock design

>Proper grips
>analog stick centric design

Its only real flaw was that they desgined an extra handle for the D-Pad for games that used D-pad centric controls but never really designed any games for the D-Pad.

Hell, if they were to update the n64 design to a modern build quality it would probably be the best for emulators due to it having a seperate handle for D-Pad and analogs, the only flaws were the make of the N64 as the stick broke way too quickly

>Best
>DS4

Nigga what?
These are so shitty, your fingers are always sliding down the trigger, whereas the Xbox pads haven't got this issue.
ALso >Great analog trigger feel
Yea, right

if humans had three hands that controller would be goat

>another hori
it looks nice but i'm afraid it'll fall apart like the fc

Give it some weight, a select button, a Gamecube stick, and ZL/ZR triggers on the two outer handles.

>Give it some weight
Nah, just build the rumble pak into the thing, that thing weighed 2 pounds

It's also a Nintendo and Microsoft thing friendo.

>Want to use my Wii U pro
>Need bluetooth
>Or to BUY an adapter
fuck

Is there a reason why d-pads are so shit across the board? Does nintendo have a patent on all non-shit d-pads or something? It seems like such an easy thing to handle, yet everybody consistently fucks it up.

Nintendo actually did have a patent until it recently expired. That is why Microsoft just switched to the Nintendo style d-pad for the xbone.

Works with my machine

go back to 1990, faget

360 dpad actually did it right

The 360's pad isn't it's shape, it's the way it presses down on the switches underneath.

PS2 pad is FAR superior

The 360 d pad is infamously terrible, so bad that in fighting games, where d pads are pretty much mandatory for controller uses, people who use the 360 pad use the analog, because it is so utterly impossible to use the d pad with any amount of precision

What? I thought we were talking about the fact that controllers don't come with usb cables in the box? Did you quote the wrong guy?

yeah, nice try

>t. never plays at his TV

I can't stand Xbox shape and form it just uncomfortable to me.

I think PS DualShock has the best all around solid design/

I'd gladly buy DS4 BUT

No native x-input support. The community's one uses wrapper which results in VERY LARGE latency compare to any chink's 10 cheap pad with native suipport.

This saddens me very much.

2nd best to Xbox 360

Lasts so long and is so good in the hands

>your fingers are always sliding down the trigger
Wipe your hands before playing, you're getting your pizza grease all over it.

go fuck yourself, the 360 dpad is literally the worst dpad ever conceived

>playing on a TV
>not having a dedicated monitor for your vidya

>I'd go as far as to say that anyone who prefers PlayStation controllers today does so is because they probably haven't been gaming for as long.
I've been playing games since the NES and I prefer PlayStation controllers because the triggers don't feel so far forward and I like the overall shape of it better.

>DS4
>The best
Fuck off. Between not being supported natively for most games, that flimsy construction and that shitty analogue stick placement, a wired Xbox 360 controller beats it to the curb.
The only place it would have an advantage is if you're playing a game without analogue movement and only 8 required directions thanks to the D-Pad being in the optimum position.
And even then, it's only the "best" in those situations because you can't use a Vita as a PC controller. Between the Vita's form factor and perfect D-Pad, it would make the perfect pre-6th gen emulation/sidescroller controller.

Anyone ever notice that DS1-3 controllers sticks get sticky if you don't use them for a while? I mean literally sticky, as in the rubber is like old candy or something? Is it just the rubber on the sticks breaking down?

>you can't use a Vita as a controller
>he hasn't hacked his Vita

This is an important question that needs answering

I generally use a wii u pro controller when I need a controller on my pc. They're near impossible to get working on Windows (needs the toshiba bluetooth stack and a compatible bluetooth dongle OR you can add the hardware ID for your own but then you have to go into Windows test mode which only works for 30 days jesus fuck) but the Linux kernel natively supports it with literally 0 work luckily.

I've also got a Steam controller. It stays in the living room. There's a GNU/Linux package called sc-controller that lets you use it without steam, including the option for a global menu that can bring up a virtual keyboard, so it's pretty sweet for controlling my laptop-turned-temporary-htpc. I tried the steam controller in actual games and it just felt really weird. I mostly tried it in games I wouldn't typically play with a controller, though, such as garry's mod.

Never had a playstation so I can't say I'm fond of dualshocks, although I often consider getting one. I read on wikipedia that a lot of things that were analog on the DS3 are digital now on the DS4, so it makes me wonder which I should get in the future.

oh shit posted without reading thread but didn't expect someone else to mention using it

The analog face buttons were only good for MGS and Ace Combat.

70% sure the answer is yes. My brother uses an Xbox One controller with his computer and I think he told me the chatpad actually works to type in the OS.

>tactical feel
Sure. Whatever.

>i dont get why sony just dont make offical drivers for pc
you mean Windows?

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY1MjQ If you really just wanted out of the box support on PC, it's in the Linux kernel

Actually looks really comfy, and I'm insanely jealous I don't have one.

Once I get a Displayport to HDMI adapter I'll be plugging in my laptop to my TV, think that controller and keypad will be how I control it when I can't be assed to fumble with a kb+m on my lap.

the keys look really small and it seems like it would make the controller heavy

I hope you meant WSAD and you do not actually think people use arrow keys for movement in games

>I had to do x
>no you didn't
shut the fuck up retard

i like the wiiu controller the most

That's why you use a DS3. With the MotionJoy driver, without the MotionJoy program.
It doesn't trigger any detection of any kind and you can play DS2 or other games to your heart's content with it.

the pro controller is horrible you nintendobaby.

While I can very much sympathize with the idea of collecting consoles, or things in general. Why the fuck would you want to collect something as cancerous as the PS4?

Online paywalls is a practise that should not be supported. I have just about every console / platform made except the Xboxes and the PS4. I even got gimmicky stuff like a PC-98 model.
But fuck online paywalls. If I paid for the hardware you damn well better allow me to use it. I still have a hard time understanding why people bought into the Xbox or why people just let Sony fuck them all over all of a sudden after the PS3 with their launch of the PS4.

>Motionjoy
it's an even bigger piece of shit than SCP, and i mean just the driver, not even the shit it comes with.

>triggers have more tactile feel than 360 (a.k.a. Dreamcast) controllers
>triggers that aren't technically "triggers", but overly deep, analogue buttons
>being an unashamed sonygger
>not even having proper M$ drivers for Kimmy-J's """"best"""" contollers

why not an her0 in esteem, instead of humiliatingly burdening society with such severe neurological disability...?

Yeah it's not perfect. But it's one of the most simplest and direct drivers available, which does have its perks.

Brb going to GayStop right now to trade in my 3 DS3 controllers for this thing (also I've wanted one for my actual wii u for ages)

believe it or not, madkatz made a decent controller for the dc

>digital triggers
>a bad thing

The only game who has ever used analog triggers well was Super Mario Sunshine and Odama but nobody knows it

Fuck off Sony shill. DS controllers are ergonomically garbage. You're just used to garbage because you are old and the controller never changed in 19 years.
Stockholm syndrome

To be fair. When is that actually necessary?

Steam controller is the best controller for anything that's not a 2D platformer.
It actually performs pretty good even on those though.

>using a gamepad for anything
>not using m+kb for everything

>Steam controller isn't the best, budget and luxury controller
Why?
It is well built, feels good in the hand and has SO MUCH customization options. You're also not limited to the average '12 buttons' layouts that the controller have.
It's fine for those simplified consolized games that were MADE to work on those, but anything else is out of the equation.
I don't see how you can prefer a console pad to this thing.
I get that it has a learning curve, but just as much as switching to/from a nintento one or whatever.

>$50
>budget controller

eh, I got it for 35$.
you aren't really gonna get a controller that's worth anything for less than that. Maybe if it just has a dpad and some buttons.

the 360 wired controller goes for $25

>Buy Xbox one controller.
>The Left bumper gets all fucky.
>have to press it down painfully hard but also press down in JUST THE RIGHT place for it to work properly.

Aight, fuck you then, DS4 it is.

racing games user

if you dont have wheel

I have the steam controller.

I'm still on the fence about it. I haven't used it in a game where it feels like it was made for it.

It's one of those controllers that's absolutely shit in most games; but when you get it configured properly, it's mediocre.

I have the steam controller, and it's pretty nice to bind both aim down sights and fire on the same trigger. It even is smart enough to have a mode where if you do a quickpull on the trigger, then it will hipfire.

>if you dont have wheel
A wheel is what you should use, but if you don't, you should use a gamecube controller.

But aside from racing games, it really isn't necessary. So I have never understood why people make a big deal out of it.

Dark souls 3 is absolutely fantastic with it

>There's a Mayflash device that treats it as an XInput or DInputect device, you get to switch.
Thanks, I didn't know this even existed.