Yes

>Jorge's death
>Kat's death
>Noble 6's death and epilogue

pure kino

What the fuck is Kino?

>Kat's death
>Literally just shot in the head by a sniper

Jorge has the best death. Throws your ass out into space and goes back to defend the bomb and make sure it goes off.

google it

>is the vidya equivalent of capeshit kino?

t. mad sonygger with no equivalent to Halo

>Halo
>deep more
>complex themes
>awesome music
>great art design
>good gameplay
>capeshit

Nah. The real capeshit is weeb trash like neptunia.

is reach better than halo 3?

>campaign
maybe
>matchmaking
halo 3 is far superior
>customs
about equal. reach forge was easier to use so easier to make good shit. best maps and games were in 3 tho.
>firefight
literally who cares

In terms of atmosphere, I'd say so. But 3 excels in other things

From what I've gathered from shitposting on the Chans it's when a work in any medium prioritizes that medium in it's truest form or at least tires to in order to get across it's concept and message.

So basically the final mission of Halo Reach is an example because it uses pure gameplay to evoke a reaction and express the game's message to the player.

Make way, true vidya kino passing by.

>deep more
how deep?

Surprisingly the early Halo-books had the best atmosphere, even better than any of the games or movies etc.

Would greatly appreciate a movie of the first encounters of UNSC and Covenant - and later the sheer desperation as the Covenant just start glassing planets without the humanity really even understanding why.

Halo books are better than the games desu senpai

Wasted potential: the series

It's fucking deep more, what do you not understand?

Reddit buzzword I'm sure

stop with this epin m-may word.

All the Souls games have such excellent voice acting

Mostly British theatre actors. You can always rely on them to do an impeccably good job, look at Final Fantasy XII and Xenoblade

The proper term is ludo

Cred Forums meme. Any film that they like is kino, anything they don't is a flick. I think the order is flick > movie > film > cinema > kino.

Will Cred Forums ever die and take Cred Forums with them?

Art/quality over profit.

Unironically this.

Halo Reach *is* vidya kino

Remember, Spartans never die.

>Literally just shot in the head by a sniper

See that's the point though. The point was that death is all around the Spartans and that they're not actually invincible in any way.

Not everyone should die in a big, heroic, but also expected, fashion. While I appreciated the way they offed Jorge, it was a big cliche. Kat's death was in the entire other direction.

well, it did run at 24 frames per second

>nobody posts Emile's death
>the only death next to Jorge's that was true kino

>Halo
>Worshipped by casual normies
>Not capeshit

Jorge's death was retarded and a massive waste of a Spartan II. Someone else from Noble should've stayed behind, because Spartan III's were created purely for suicide missions.

is this batman

I'M READY
HOW BOUT YOU

Why are we using the german word for cinema to say this?

>tfw we'll never be that ready

Highest and purest entertainment product
Kino is a german word

Right, that's what the sensible decision would be but Jorge decided to sacrifice himself rather than send someone else to their death because he is Jorge. He is bigger than noble six so that's that. What's weird is that six is actually a higher rank than Jorge (which seems stupid in and if itself) so he could just order Jorge to leave. I have a feeling Jorge would just ignore the order though.

jorge jorge jorge jorge jorge

Oh I also forgot to mention, Reach is not kino it is shit and only dumb faggots who played it when they were 12 think otherwise.

>kino

being worshipped by normies just makes it more subtle

It's the result of the Cred Forums inside joke wherein synonyms for "movie" are used as descriptors of quality (flick, film, movie, cinema, etc). Using words from other language was a logical progression of the meme.

A normal SII like John or Fred would follow the order to leave because they know they're more valuable than an SIII, but for some reason Jorge was a moralfag SII and needed to sacrifice himself.

Reach was his homeworld, he wanted to die protecting it

Emile was ready.
How about you?

>Halo lore keeps going on about how noble and honourable the elites are
>they all just fucking dogpile Noble 6 during his last stand after attacking him with tanks and aircraft

I mean shit, if you just wanted you planetary takeover to end and one guy was left, what would you do if you thought nobody would know?

>nobody would know
You know, I imagine that their was some special prestige for covenant troops in being able to kill a spartan. So like, I'd think elites would form some fighting pit or something.
Literally piling on top of him until someone finally jabs him with a knife is shit I'd expect from grunts.

Last mission is pretty cool, but the rest of the campaign is shit.

Maybe but Starcraft + Brood War definitely is.

Is kino another word for garbage?

Why would you expect a Spartan to respect alien ideals?

>Worshipped by casual normies
>literally saying popularity = it's shit
Cred Forums

He did respect their ideals though
They rushed him like alien fucking shits and he fought them all to death

You really think that Noble 6 gave a shit after everyone else on the planet that he knew and maybe cared for died? He just wanted to slaughter aliens. It's war, not a ceremony.

Yeah sc1 cut scenes are wonderful self contained skits. The battle on the Amerigo btfos all the cutscenes in sc2 by virtue of it's focused nature. sc2 is the 'le epic saga', and it can be so flat-footed.

Dark Souls is the greatest example of vidyakino we have had in a long time. Reach doesn't even come close. It's plebian trash.

After replaying through this entire game after all these years I kinda felt a stronger connection with noble 6

This is the only halo game where the Spartan you play as is supposed to represent yourself

Just trying to survive as long as I can knowing what was going to happen no matter how hard I fought gave me feels...

Who hopes for 343 to make a similar game to reach after they close out halo 6 finishing the 2nd trilogy?

Halo 2 is kino, cinematic wise, it's pure videotography.

Kinographie is the motion picture at it's most purest, a sight for the eyes.

The order is:

Kino>Cinemà>Film>Movie>Flick

You can also use this

>halo
>kino
Its literally capeshit without zack snyder.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9p4B6s0j4U

Notice how everyones deaths relate to their characters. Going down with the ship, dissapearing, killed in CqC etc

I think you got lost in the conversation, it was about why the elites were acting disrespectful according to their tradition in dogpiling 6, not how Noble 6 was supposedly being disrespectful.

As a whole maybe you have an argument, but specifically in Reach, it's not even close. Every spartan except Jun ended up dead, go look at any of the Avengers movies and count the death toll of the main cast

Jun died afterwards too

Nope

Didn't 343i killed him in the comics? just like they killed Rookie from ODST

honestly Bloodborne is as close to kino as it gets.

Bioshock as well, I'll suck that game's d

Noooope

huh?

The new Star Kikes movie should take notes

What the fuck was going on in Halo 5? Something about Cortana, Guardians, etc.

Somehow, somehow this makes a lot of fucking sense. Goddamn you Halsey, and Cortana, and what the fuck Chief needs a damn break.

Is The Phantom Pain kino?

probably not, but it's one of the best games ever made for sure.