In the film industry (and maybe even the game industry, I don't know)...

In the film industry (and maybe even the game industry, I don't know), there are things called "loglines" that are a one sentence, MAYBE two, that sums up the plot/story.

Star Wars: A science-fiction fantasy about a naive but ambitious farm boy from a backwater desert who discovers powers he never knew he had when he teams up with a feisty princess, a mercenary space pilot and an old wizard warrior to lead a ragtag rebellion against the sinister forces of the evil Galactic Empire.

E.T.: A troubled child summons the courage to help a friendly alien escape Earth and return to his home-world.

You get the idea.

I used to LOVE Kingdom Hearts 1. Then, I played a third of KH2 and the story got so convoluted that I just couldn't enjoy it anymore.

My question is, if you had to write a ONE sentence logline that would sell me the plot of Kingdom Hearts to get back into the series again, what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fdfl9qN2EKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit gets crazy yo

I'd go with GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK

Everyone is Sora or Xehanort.

You can't, because the story is just clusterfucked together as they go along.

KH1 was a solid game with a solid story.

Chain of Memories was fanfic-tier.

KH2 spent most of the plot trying to salvage CoM's clusterfuck.

Every spin-off exists just to make the story less intuitive.

This
Kingdom Hearts has turned into a pseudo-anime ridden original the characters fest that it turned me away after 358/Days. It's might as well not have Disney worlds & characters at this point.

>played KH and KH2 obsessively when I was a kid
>watch the 2.8 trailer
>barely recognize any of the characters
>don't even recognize some of the titles
>shitloads of keyblades swinging around
Absolutely kills the hype for 3. How did we get to this point?

a young boy searches for his friends across many worlds, fighting evil spirits along the way, and eventually learns the power of companionship thru adventuring

Timetraveling shotas

KH series: A boy and his friends embark on a journey through familiar worlds to stop an evil researcher from engulfing the universe in darkness.

>It's might as well not have Disney worlds & characters at this point.
This is really my problem with it.

The series went from the promise of playing as a boy going on adventures through movies from you childhood, to a convoluted story about a bunch of ornery/angsty anime characters that have worse writing that a typical bargain-bin manga that features horribly handled cliches like amnesia, evil doppelgangers, time travel, the "chosen one" etc.

And it's all presented in a narrative that spans over a decade and across 500 different video game consoles.

Darkness hearts friends darkness darkness hearts light friends darkness hearts hearts.

It's about light versus darkness

REminder that CoM had a better plot than KH2.

I actually thought CoM was pretty good for a gba game

The story for 2 isnt that bad I just think it doesnt go well with disney like the first did

I am not even a weeb and the first is in my top 5. The intro for 2 is probably the best into in any video game ever. Unfortunately it goes downhill after that because of what I mentioned above

To be fair, it wouldn't span a decade if Square got their shit together.

The one thing that turned me off the most about the series as a whole was that the story kept making up plot lines out of seemingly nowhere and sowed them into the story to make it fit somehow.
I haven't played DDD, but from what a friend told me about Axel coming back is that if you defeat the person's Heartless and the Nobody they come back to life(?) Was this EVER explained before DDD?

>I haven't played DDD, but from what a friend told me about Axel coming back is that if you defeat the person's Heartless and the Nobody they come back to life(?) Was this EVER explained before DDD?

Not explained but seen before, yes. Sora only woke up after Roxas died.

Roxas didn't die, and he's a Nobody, not a Heartless, so that shit doesn't matter anyway.

Roxas did die.
Axel the nobody of Lea. Lea is the human seen in 358/2 and DDD.
If you actually want an in-depth explanation you can just google it.

a kid gets magic keyboard wielding powers and finds himself wrapped in a centuries old saga between dark and light, of which he is the youngest and most naive participant. he finds himself desiring to wipe out the forces of darkness in the name of light, so he does exactly that.

pretty easy.

That is not death in KH. And all he did was refuse with Sora. He and Sora even have a conversation in 3D where Sora tells him that he believes that Roxas should be his own person.

>Roxas did die.
No he didn't. Sora just absorbed his ass.

Either way, he's not a heartless, so it doesn't matter. Sora was also "awake" while Roxas was still around.

Mother fucker it's been a decade since then and like six more games that are still part of the main plot have come out in that time. Did you really just expect things to just pick up right after where 2 left off back in fucking 2005?

A boy is forced from his home one day, visiting many strange and distant worlds where he must learn of the war between light and darkness that has been waged since antiquity and how he sits as the weight that will tip the scales in favor of one side or the other.

Bam. It's fucking easy if you aren't stupid and realize you don't have to fucking cover every minute plot detail and twist in the sentence or focus on whatever autistic little thing triggers you so you pretend it's too complicated to explain

Kingdom Hearts: A Boy travels across worlds in search of his friends while making new ones, but soon he begins to uncover the dark secrets of these worlds and the darkness that lurks in the shadows.
Throughout these travels he learns to harness the power of Keyblades, the Keys to the hearts of all living beings.

I had to listen to some aspie on the bus explain the kingdom hearts lore to his friend for 20 minutes and wanted to kill them and myself.

>I used to LOVE Kingdom Hearts 1. Then, I played a third of KH2 and the story got so convoluted that I just couldn't enjoy it anymore.
Why do people find it hard to understand KH2? There's nothing convoluted about KH2 at all.

>implying Disney worlds were ever relevant

Well nomura did confirm he comes up with the plot/ideas for kh games when he gets drunk

They probably didn't even get half the plot that happens in the background of KHI.

An otherwise ordinary boy uses his value on friendship to fight the dark forces which are trying to control worlds.

youtube.com/watch?v=fdfl9qN2EKc

>a single logline for an 8-game franchise
That's not how this works

I can give you a logline for each game individually, but that's not what you're asking for.