youtube.com/watch?v=u2GeWOMgxiE
youtube.com/watch?v=WuwwN4Y1AMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and 4th place

>trinity
>five games

replace hg/ss with emerald
also this

Explorers of sky is in a league of it's own to be honest, it's far better than the mainline games.

RBY.

right in the middle

>counting two versions of the same game as seperate games.

user how do you not choke on your food when you eat you savant

I liked pokemon red. I played the one after that a bit, but wasn't as good. Didn't play the rest.
I heard they remade red recently? Was it any decent?

10 years ago, Cred Forums was filled with people born in the early mid 80s who grew up with the 4th generation of gaming, TMNT, Biker mice from mars, pogs, Power Rangers, the good years of Sonic, etc. and have good taste.

But now, man, it just sucks. It's filled with kids born in the late 80s/early 90s who think N64 (the console that caused Nintendo's decline in the first place), faggy Pokemon, Spongebob, Linkin park, and Kingdom Hearts were just teh awesomest nostalgia things evar omg!!, and can't name a single Genesis game other than Sonic.

What happened?

>I heard they remade red recently?
Yeah, 12 years ago.

they got jobs and left Cred Forums now fuck off.

Pokemon TCG, Pokemon Snap, Explorers of Sky

>platinum
>good
kys but replace it with sun/moon or emerald before you go

You can't have a trinity if it's they've only released one game followed by copying that one game over and over.

Needs more Emerald but otherwise correct.

Man, remember Bobby's World?

Pokemon gen 6 and beyond is irremediable garbage.

used to play diamond and platinum a couple of years ago is it worth to play black/white too?

No, just play B2W2
It's like asking if you should play RS or Emerald

Don't forget to take the pills before going to sleep grandpa.

>Time passes
>Things change
>Years pass and a community has new people
>WAHH WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SHIT WHY IS EVERYTHING DIFFERENT WAAAA

I actually agree with this. Might have to replace HG/SS with Sun and Moon soon though.

I honestly liked BW1 better than BW2. Also replace Plat with Emerald since HG/SS essentially makes Plat obsolete.

The GOAT right here.

HG/SS still had a lot of problems G/S had. Feraligatr still doesn't learn a water physical move early on, despite Aqua Jet existing, Meganium is still total trash, level scaling is compeltely aweful, and pokemon selection is still bad.

Also the new forced Lugia/Ho-oh story was trash.

Don't listen to this idiot BW2 is the first time in the series where they made an actual sequel instead of a third version that makes both previous versions obsolete so you really have to play both.

At least they fixed the Kanto dungeons.

>gen 5
>good

Replace b2/w2 with emerald and you're good.

Gen 5 is the absolute best though.

youtube.com/watch?v=JlzoG6l8TiY

Are these two any good? Only played FireRed

Gen 5 was good, though. If you had said replace Platinum with Emerald, I'd completely agree with you.

God no.

They're not as bad as most people would have you believe but it's the first time the remakes aren't strictly superior to the original.

Whats wrong with them? Just curious.
I'm a MegaTenfag so I know jackshit about pokemon

They are fine, the sensation that a lot of people have is that they are sort of incomplete, that they could have added more features and things that Emerald had and they are not present in these games, but still, the games by themselves are nice.

Why ppl still play this shitty serie? God

IT WAS A GOOD SHOW

none at all actually

>why do people like things i dont Dx

Time moves on, clouds pass, grass grows just enjoy the future and stop whining grandpa

>platinum
>slow as shit
>absolute garbage region until post game
>HM hell
>inferior frontier

pic is the truth

inb4 muh phy/spe split, it doesn't matter for single player

>garbage region
>defends Hoenn
>3 (three) water HMs
>thinks Emerald frontier was better

There's a chart out there somewhere that explains why it's shit compared to HG/SS and even fucking Emerald

Explorers of Sky and Puzzle League 64 are better than all the mainline games.

hoenn's region is far better than sinnoh's, no stupid snow or swamp slowdown and 90% of the region isn't boring rock.

>3 water HMs
nothing compared to the travesty of the HMs in sinnoh. Also flash is a tm but not really still an HM because fuck you

I don't know how you find sinnoh's frontier better

fuck no there is less content than emerald

>all the other 30 year olds moved on and grew up
>you're still here arguing with 15-25 year olds about their opinions on video games

>Replace it with a game that hasn't released yet

Does anyone have this chart?

ORAS brought out the sad truth:

People only liked Gen 3 for the battle frontier.

My main beef with Platinum isn't really the region, though it starts off pretty boring in the beginning, but the Pokemon you get at the beginning suck. Heck, most designs from Gen 4 just flatout suck.

The problem is that Platinum and Black/White have absolutely fucking terrible music.

hell even HG and SS have worse music than the games they're remakes of.

youtube.com/watch?v=I1Egwloq6Lk

>thinks the Emerald frontier is better than Platnium
Shit taste as usual user

You must have brain damage

There is an entire new Type though.

I liked gen 3 for all the nice graphical touches like reflections, and stuff like weather effects, dual battles, and lots of really good Pokemon designs, great sidequests where my braille knowledge actually came in handy, and great music.

I also like it because it's broken as fuck and you can solo the game with Blaziken.

But taking out fucking Battle Frontier was retarded. It would be like taking out the fucking radio in HG and SS.

Sinnoh is 10x more interesting than kanto and johto. Hoenn and Sinnoh are the only regions that are actually fun to explore

>nostalgia-fags

Maybe it's because the DS soundcard is complete and utter dogshit but I can't stand the music in any of the DS Pokemon games.

Hell even when they bring the battle themes over to Smash Bros the DS themes sound like utter shit.

Fuck you my moms already dead faggot

that's really wrong, don't worry though i fixed it for you

why would you put Crystal instead of HGSS? Just curious

I don't understand why people like BW2, it steps backwards on all of BW's achievements like having only new pokes (until the league) and the plot presentation. All while having terribly unbalanced capturable pokes, such as early game lucarios and forcing the player to capture a psyduck in order to advance in the game, as there are no other water pokes anywhere.

>Crystal
>when you can't catch Mareep
Into the trash it goes.

I'm really curious why people like Platinum. Can you guys tell me? Am I just doomed to dislike at as much as I disliked Diamond and Pearl, which I think are the worst Pokemon games ever made?

Things like these make the games better and give them more replay value. All the fun exploration glitches like Missingno and fighting in the Safari Zone and all that is enjoyable.

It's like the saw weapon in Final Fantasy Legend, shit is fun as hell

>platinum
yeah a lot of the soundtrack was dull and boring, but it did have a few decent tracks

>black/white
shit taste

compared to the previous 3 gens, Black and White was hugely underwhelming.

yeah a broken as fuck type

I will give you that sinnoh had good exploration, but all the other stuff I said bogs it down

Eat shit. the music is perfectly fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=wF5FN1R-hRs
youtube.com/watch?v=Lkle3WgXkPI
youtube.com/watch?v=iy4WUVI7Lrw

I do think B/W2 has the better sound font though.

>HG/SS

>Not B/W1 or at the very least Emerald

When was the last time you played the Gen II remakes? Because they have aged like milk. Comfy as hell, I'll grant you, but mechanically busted.

B/W's ost is a lot better than gen 4

gen 2/3 have the best OSTs so saying B/W isn't as good as them isn't saying much

>Actually better than the ORAS version
Holy fuck the Gen 5 soundfont is magical

It's a bit faster, has a better story, has better post-game, and has more pokemon. The only real noticeable flaws with dp were the speed and somewhat limited pokemon selection

These sound about as good to me as the Sonic Chronicles music, not even kidding, this is terrible.

I think the only DS game where I actually thought the music sounded good was Kirby Canvas Curse and maybe Mario 64 DS

Sorry I want consistent high quality music instead of a huge dip when the hardware is supposed to be getting better. Same goes for Zelda, all the soundtracks since Majora have been getting shittier and shittier.

not him but you can cherry pick good/shit songs on any OST. Xenoblade X can have the best OST ever or the worst depending on the songs you pick.

The main thing is that, as a whole, sinnoh's ost is far more bland than hoenn's or unova's

The early game selection doesn't seem that great in Platinum so far, either. I've only gotten past the second gym, so it's kind of understandable and could be just related to my taste in Pokemon, but I've been working with scraps for now. Apparently you can get more Pokemon by hooking up a cart of the gen 1 remakes in the GBA slot, but I'm not sure if that's even possible on an emulator, so I guess I'm out of luck there.

>wind waker
>shittier soundtrack than ocarina

wew

It's not just that

>Pokegear thing is basically just a VS Seeker for grinding (Which is never needed) rather than the NPCs you rematch actually progressively getting stronger themselves
>Can't even rematch gym leaders

I cant remember the last time you couldn't re-fight gym leaders in a "definitive" version

Wind Waker's soundtrack isn't even half as good as Ocarina's, it's a really good soundtrack but not even close to the N64 Zeldas.

It's better than Twilight Princess's bland shit and far better than Skyward Sword which is either the second or third worst soundtrack in the franchise though. Overall WW has a pretty good soundtrack, just not a match for OoT/MM

I won't even lie, I skipped over 2 other songs because they were pretty shit compared to other gens.

WW is easily far better than Ocarina, but you can argue weather MM or WW is better

overworld theme, bosses, town (islands), events are all better in WW than ocarina

This. Explorers of Sky is the best Pokemon game out there.

Blue Rescue Team is better. Not that any of you fucking children have played it.

I don't get the circlejerk for Explorers. I had a much better time in Super.

the biggest problem I have with sinnoh's ost is it's lack of melodic structure in town/city themes. Yeah you have canalave and littleroot which are nice but everything else is boring

youtube.com/watch?v=hqQmxy-M40k

a small side town in B/W puts most of the town themes in sinnoh. Don't even get me started on floaroma town, worst OST of any pokemon game, it's the only area I ever mute when I play games.

sinnoh has some great battle themes though

Explorers is only two years older than rescue team faggot

Fuck switch those two.

>Platinum
>terrible music
Mcfuck yourself, comfy jazz a best.
youtube.com/watch?v=82ibCg9_fZA
youtube.com/watch?v=1NALkdPuHDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BKerdWYF1SU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mxb7chtXGBE
youtube.com/watch?v=UhmygATFpLI
youtube.com/watch?v=y0Fg9xtjFxk

>canalave city
>as good as sonic chronicles
Did you even listen to it

Jazz is fine but not when it's being farted at you through a soundcard worse than most 90's PCs. Yoko Kanno this is not.

>it's another cherry picking 6 songs out of 100+ post

>Wind Waker's soundtrack isn't even half as good as Ocarina's
>D/P and B/W don't have good music
How can one man have such shit taste

>100+
What? Either way
youtube.com/watch?v=OOmznKTv74M
youtube.com/watch?v=GHk6bNwL6Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=HhDBpjabNyg
youtube.com/watch?v=tuBHchcYb2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DvlHaZIrndA
youtube.com/watch?v=Wm_zPzAPjus
youtube.com/watch?v=K3l2H2uIb94
youtube.com/watch?v=U2pq9yBXunA
youtube.com/watch?v=AW2Dcg_DY-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Db07wCTqQoE
youtube.com/watch?v=TYfuavaMf10
youtube.com/watch?v=38Tj7J-CSJA
youtube.com/watch?v=FfE73mrn3cc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcHuiGArJ8

Don't know why I'm bothering, you'll just half arse another handwavey response.

>tfw Dark Matter second phase
youtube.com/watch?v=D5jpdiv1718

WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE GAMES (except Gates to Infinity) SO FUCKING GOOD.

youtu.be/RF8iHFM5mBI
Ahem.

As a whole, the soundtrack is pretty cohesive, though.

>still cherry picking

5th gen was probably the best OST in the entire series, BW2 was the only game where every gym had it's own variation of the gym theme and everything.

epic

This is the type of person that posts on Cred Forums.

Too bad they all sound awful and aren't as memorable or catchy as the first 3 gen battle themes

Nice meme

Protip: Posting the entire soundtrack goes over the character limit of a post, you moron.

They're made with passion by people who love Pokémon. Can't say the same for the main games.

>user posts 20 songs not including alternate variations
>cherry picking!
Got to admit, it was good bait, you caught me.

I feel like some of these aren't true.

how about commenting on the sound front or the melodic direction of the soundtrack rather than regurgitating out youtube links?

sinnoh tried to have a lot of relaxing/slow themes but they don't work out very well because the soundfront isn't suited for it. The perfect theme to exemplify this is floaroma town's. In addition to this.

On the flip side, the soundfront works well with battle themes which is why cyrus and cynthia are often spammed on OST threads

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=VgL5Z8WLoZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=aVeK6OrBLKc
youtube.com/watch?v=7YDFsbun8vU

Here's some bonus Gen 5 tracks too
youtube.com/watch?v=O0gzuriDd_I
youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c
youtube.com/watch?v=k3r40NT6Edc
youtube.com/watch?v=_9X6uXyylJE
youtube.com/watch?v=u2GeWOMgxiE
youtube.com/watch?v=WuwwN4Y1AMw

A literal direct downgrade to the originals in every way possible

Its a fucking joke and the games were made simply to pass the time between gen5 and gen7. Yhe entirity of gen6 is just terrible, the games are basically tech demos

>how about talking about music instead of fucking listening to it

not an argument

No one fucking remember virbank city when its the best city theme in the series

>that fucking first one
I mean come on, that's a fucking Cho Aniki tier Gachimuchi youtube poop kusoge song.

What the fuck.

Touko is so cute. I want to make sweet and tender love with her

>why are people posting good tracks in response to my assertion that all the music is terrible?

You talk about Cyrus and Cynthia being spammed, but that was only one of those 20 tracks.

I'm not going to go through every cherry picked song and comment on it, since the start I have been judging the OST as a whole

No, they're all true.
Red and Blue were just terribly made games which are looked at through quite thick nostalgia goggles.

>cherry picked
Why do you keep using this? It would make sense if it was one or two two tracks which are posted every thread.

Also

>I'm not going to listen to the songs

>Cho Aniki tier Gachimuchi youtube poop kusoge song.
Okay got a laught out of me

I love MD but I get burned out so easily on them, this game is even more repetitive than regular Pokemon, I have to play in small bursts to not give up.

Also Super was better.

why should I listen to the songs again? I've played through sinnoh multiple times; I can give my assessment without going through every single track

They're JRPGs. Glitches and exploits like that give them more charm and replay value. Imagine how much less fun FF7 would be without some of the more busted Materia combinations or shit like getting Beta on disc 1.

You very clearly aren't, you're just judging some abstract concept of the soundtrack.

Because you clearly chat shit.

>Cyrus and Cynthia are spammed every thread even though Cyrus wasn't posted and there were 20 other slow town/route music posted
>muh cherry picking

posting a link means absolutely nothing

>why should I play X game?
>because it's fun
>why is it fun
>BECAUSE IT'S FUN DON'T YOU GET IT

this is you

Well, you're the one cherrypicking Floaroma's theme. Sinnoh has one of the most cohesive soundtracks in the mainline games, at least compared to shit like 3rd Gen, which has a soundtrack that is all over the place.

Furthermore, you're judging the OST in a very conceptual way. Jublife's night theme, despite having a soundfont that "isn't suited" for what it wants to achieve, still manages to evoke the feelings it wants to evoke. Same goes for the Lake theme.

you need to replay HG and SS if you want a HM hell

>cohesive
>I hate variety in my soundtracks
eat shit

I used floraoma town to exemplify what I meant about the soundfront not fitting with the relaxing themes of the game covering a vast majority of the soundtrack while acknowledging the remaining battle themes as being good because of it, I didn't just post a link or use it as the end all be all

HG/SS doesn't suffer from the other problems I posed aside from an inferior frontier

Super is really good too and while it has lots of nice improvements, it's also missing some things that got cut in the previous game and it has the worst story in the series.
EoS gets more buzz because it was on a system with a much larger install base, has been around longer, has a better story, and wasn't the follow up to GtI.

How would I explain why the music is good? It's got some nice melodies, it's a creative departure tonally from other Pokemon soundtracks, I like jazzy pianos and whatnot.

There's a huge difference between being cohesive, while stile retaining variety, and being all over the place. Just look at R/S/E.
But it actually works. Again, Jublife's theme and the Lake theme are both relaxing.

but RSE has the best soundtrack in the series.

I... actually agree completely. What the FUCK

yes there will be exceptions, there always are with large soundtracks, but the argument fits for a majority of the soundtrack. An exception would be eterna forest

People don't like it because it has no battle frontier. The games are good

>R/S/E
>all over the place

R/S/E makes the best use of it's soundfront by making most of the soundtrack loud and melodic to fit the brass

At least I'm not desperate for (You)'s

How can you explain that music is good? It's completely subjective.

They removed the Battle Frontier, aka they removed the entire fucking postgame content.

When you re-fight Trainers with the Pokefinder, they don't get stronger, they just stay the same, so there's no progression over time or character development for them.

Much like HG/SS, the music sounds horrible compared to the original versions.

Introduced a lot of dumb fucking changes to existing Pokemon, Gamefreak won't stop until all Pokemon have at least 4 weaknesses, I guess that's their version of competitive balance.

Also it was the followup to the horribly disappointing X and Y, people wanted a huge leap forward from that and they didn't get it with OR/AS.

No objections? Good.

it's subjective but you can support it with the direction of the music in regards to tone, melody, how well it fits the areas it's played, and for technical limitations the soundfront

One can say that a song or soundtrack is objectively good on a technical or performance level, but one's enjoyment is indeed subjective.

>Enjoying Pokemon on Dual Screen Shit
>Playing Pokemon after Ruby Sapphire

OP is under 18

your reply, nostalgiafaggot

Aside from some gym themes and the Elite 4, it really isn't that good. It has some good songs, but it's pretty forgettable, overall.
It really lacks personality - it's obviously going for an upbeat, adventurous feel, and while it doesn't really fail, it's hardly as memorable as Gen IV or Gen V, at least for me.

RSE is good but honestly series peaked at Crystal

Wait a minute.

>Dual Screen
>DS

Did anyone else just figure this out?

YounglingFaggot

Goddamn, i can't wait for the remakes to hear these in high quality.

are you for real

MOM

I can't really express, in words or pictures, the sheer extent to which I agree with this. I can actually relate to it personally. Physically. Mentally.
It's like catching up with an old friend from years ago, and when you meet again for the first time, you connect instantly. You talk. Have conversations about what you did last Tuesday, and what you're doing with your life these days. You talk for so long and of course at some point you discuss the origins of the universe, religion, politics. You can't help but think to yourself how overjoyed you are to have someone in your life who relates to you so much.

If you're that desperate for the fairy type, there's a romhack that adds them.

Toxic turns to poison on switch isn't a glitch.

Or well, if it's a glitch it's lasted 7 gens.

I've never been able to get into the Mystery Dungeon games, and I generally like Roguelikes. Oh well.

DUDE FORCED MEEMEES LOL

replace black 2 and white 2 with red and blue and we good nigga

>Red/Blue
>Good
Fuck yourself nostalgiafaggot
Gen 1 is the second worst gen after gen 5

>mystery dungeon games
>good

aren't they a spin off game for literal children? i tried a demo once and it was shit

>Platinum
Gen4babby detected.

yea gen 2 is the worst replace with gen 3 then it good

>Gen 4

Best piece of shit you mean?