Nier Automata

Saw the new spoiler-ridden trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=qpCMOqFugi4

Can I tell them I'm sorry?

Reminder Zero did nothing wrong

I still need to Let's Play the Drakengard series now that it's apparently relevant again.

My expectations are mixed.

This thread needs 200% more Yoshida.

So you haven't played them? Why do you have an image of the watchers then. I can understand to a certain extent watching an LP of Drakengard 1, but you should play 3 instead of watching it.

I've been out of the loop since the Opera robot, what did they do to Devola and Popola? They're much less attractive now.
Do we have a release date?

23 February at least in Japan. Still unclear if it will be global release.

Those 8 thousand years have aged them up bad.

How does Okabe do it? OST release when?

I haven't played them, but I've seen bits and pieces of the story.

I may go ahead and play Drakengard 3, but I wasn't hugely impressed with what I've seen of it so far. The tone seemed all over the place.

Thank you.
Do we have any of the music without battle sounds yet? I'll be honest, the music is 80% of the reason I want this game.

The music in Drakengard and Nier are easily my favourite game OST/music/soundtrack/what ever the term is.
Well I don't know about Drakengard 2's soundtrack, I've never played that.

They're not ruined, it's just that they're significantly less attractive now.
I really hope they have the same English voice actors.

The tone is pretty weird, even for Taro. A lot of stupid jokes, specially sex-related, localization didn't help either with that. The story takes quite a bit to get interesting, but when it does, it's worth it. Gameplay is more fun than it may seem at first too.

I won't insist on you playing Drakengard 1 (although I think you should at least try it) but give 3 a chance, it may surprise you.

Art looks really strange too. I wonder if it's intentional.

It's the hair I think

Noted. I'll give the third game a shot once I get some context on Drakengard 1 and 2.

>Art looks really strange too. I wonder if it's intentional.
Well I mean, one (or two, I can't remember what happened to the NO STOPPING one) of them did kinda die.
They might not even be the same Devola and Popola.

I am completely out of the loop though, so I'm probably way off.

And the face, and the outfit, and the flower that strangely looks out of place.
I love the eyes though.

>They might not even be the same Devola and Popola.

More than likely.

I like how the hair styles are a bit more distinctive, but the details and face style need a little more work.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple Gestalt-ish projects headed by a Devola and Popola.

>Wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple Gestalt-ish projects

There were. The events in Nier were just one isolated incident.

Yeah, there's no reason to believe they're alive after Nier. The one's in Automata are different androids from the same series. What I meant is the art style, they're clearly not made by the same artist, and also how joyful they seem in the art in contrast to how lifeless they appear ingame.

Grimoire Nier confirms that.

No, they're not the same Popola and Devola. You killed those versions, they're never coming back

So what's going to be the happy ending that Taro says this thing is going to have?

I bet Adam (The Accord bot) does some time travel shit and makes it so that you never existed in the first place.

I still need to read all of Grimoire Nier.

>The events in Nier were just one isolated incident.
Wasn't humanity in general still basically screwed by that point though?

I had assumed as much.

My sins will find no recompense beyond the inevitably decay of humanity.

Humanity is fucked at the end of the day, but there were many different attempts of the Gestalt project.

>Yeah, there's no reason to believe they're alive after Nier.
I'm sorry.
Forgive me.

>Five months
>you could die before Automata releases
>Yoko Taro will laugh

I will haunt that bastard in his dreams. And he would still laugh at me, just like he laughed at his dead friend who had a boner.

3 is kinda fun. I'd say just play it.

Taro is lying to you.

Look at this face, would this face lie to you?

He would to protect the sanctity of his story.

I will always be upset that I missed seeing him live at E3 last year.

I loved reading the live reactions oof people seeing Taro for the first time. Shit was a laugh riot.

I just saw that video of the German dude who went nuts over the reveal. I still can't believe that we're getting a Nier sequel

The translations we've got for the characters explicitly mention that they're not the same ones. Just the same model.

good thing I got this the other day

Taro's reaction at the reaction video is even better.

I agree.