10 years ago...

10 years ago, Cred Forums was filled with people born in the early mid 80s who grew up with the 4th generation of gaming, TMNT, Biker mice from mars, pogs, Power Rangers, the good years of Sonic, etc. and have good taste.

But now it's filled with plebs born in the late 80s/early 90s who think N64 (the console that caused Nintendo's decline in the first place), Pokemon, Spongebob, My Chemical Romance, and Kingdom Hearts were just teh awesomest nostalgia things evar omg!!, and can't name a single Genesis game other than Sonic.

What happened?

>What happened?
...time?

You're the equivalent of a grown-ass man going to a Chuck-E-Cheese and snickering at how dumb the kids around you are.

Fuck off already. Stop making these threads and stop replying to other threads with this. You autistic fuck.

>But now it's filled with plebs born in the late 80s/early 90s who think N64 (the console that caused Nintendo's decline in the first place), Pokemon, Spongebob, My Chemical Romance, and Kingdom Hearts were just teh awesomest nostalgia things evar omg!!, and can't name a single Genesis game other than Sonic.

So this is the era you were born in then. Explains a lot.

I'm one of the born in the mid 80s people, and i'm still here

What are you gonna do

They went to /vr/ you stupid faggot

time. But seriously, fuck time.

This is one of my biggest fears for when I'm a parent.

Say I have a kid 3 years from now. What kind of vidya should I give him to guide him down the right path?

Maybe give them chronologically as he gets older starting with a genesis/SNES? Slowly working his way to modern consoles?

...Or should I just let him play what all his friends are playing?

Seriously? One of your biggest fears when becoming a parent is what fucking games your kid will play?

I don't want him to be a pleb like all the kids who just play tablet shit all day. Or CoD.

If that's your biggest worry as a parent maybe it's not time for you to reproduce yet.

lel, your kids won't give a shit because they'll be looking at their Iphones 16/H a day; I know this because my 14 year old sister isn't doing anything else ever and neither are her friends

It's not my biggest worry. Just answer the question you fucking normshit.

>...Or should I just let him play what all his friends are playing?

if you give him a snes/genesis he wont have any friends

They'll play what their peers are playing. Whatever you'll try to throw at them they'll find cringeworthy.

dont go for nintendo it´s what cucks have.

healthy kids = playstation
healthier kids = xbox one
future leader tier kids who know whats up atm = PC

>for when I'm a parent

I doubt that will ever happen you virgin wojakoff poster.

>there are people in this thread who grew up without a Sega console and never played Sega arcade games either

No wonder young men these days have a harder time getting laid than we did 10-15 years ago.

I sure love my youth.
Senile oldies love the fallacious appeal to age from the day they lose their reason.
I pray it never happens to me.

>TMNT, Biker mice from mars, the good years of Sonic
lol, fuck off furry

It will happen sooner or later but you'll get over it. I stopped playing videogames for about 8 years. Now I've started playing certain games here and there again.

>healthy kids = playstation

No, Cred Forums is now full of people born in the mid to late 90's (and probably a decent amount of people born this century. Almost no one here was born prior to 1995

You're both children. Anyone born after Dec 31 1986 has shitty taste in games

I was born Aug 12th 1986. Guess I win, user.

wrong i was born on 1996 and i have god tier taste when it comes to vidya

That's such a dumb fucking argument, every generation has clueless dumbasses who have shit taste in video games
You're turning 30 this year and you're still shitposting about kid's toys, re-evaluate your life.