Is couch multiplayer dead?

Is couch multiplayer dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Local Multiplayer/#p=0&tab=NewReleases
youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
lmgtfy.com/?q=generation names
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah.

Yeah. Only children and manbabies do that now.

yeah because they wanna sell more consoles.
wii u is slightly couch co op friendly

yes because millennials are a shit generation that are too shy and autistic to interact with people in real life and they need to hide behind a screen to feel comfortable.

>Gathering your normalfag friends.
>To sit infront of a fucking television screen and play a game together.

Normalfags don't do this. They go to parties, or watch movies instead. The younger ones are too busy with their portable devices and online social networking to give a shit about doing that.

I can't believe how few games offer couch multiplayer nowadays, its fucking insane

there are over 200 local Mp games on Steam.
its only dead if you are a filthy console peasant

store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Local Multiplayer/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>le millennials

Or people grew up. End your life you little bitch boi

Ironically CoD is the only one keeping it alive. EVERY mode in Blops 3 had 4 player splitscreen.

Diablo 3 also has pretty awesome coop. The console version of D3 is just all around better, really.

>people grow up to be shy and autistic

Kill yourself

>hey dude, I'm going to travel to your house and play videogames with you

Seriously kill yourself. You have to be above the age of 18 to post here

yeah, that's what well adjusted people to, they go to their friend's houses and interact with them. i picture your room as dark, lonely and smelly.

Every month a bunch of friends and I drive out to a buddies place to watch UFC and play videogames. He has an arcade cabinet set up and pretty much every console since the Atari2600.
We mostly play old fighting games on the arcade or newer stuff like MKX, SFV, or Smash 4.

Did it just today on Super Mario Wii with my daughter and my wife, they had to brag me to the end since I die all the time.
By the way I still do often on the weekends with friends playing Fifa.
It's probably something that younger players see as something only old people still do.

>its only dead if you are a filthy console peasant
>millennials are a shit generation that are too shy and autistic to interact with people in real lif
I'm a millenial that plays couch co-op (mainly fighting games) with my friend, I would play with my other friends still but they have all grown up, grown out of gaming and have families, careers etc.

there are exceptions to every rule and if you're at the age where your friends are getting married then you're not the millennials that i'm talking about. the late 90's millennials, whose lives exist almost entirely on social media.

>there are people on Cred Forums who don't like couch co-op
Get friends

>whose lives exist almost entirely on social media.

the millennials were the ones who were teenagers over the millennium.
generation Z are the ones who grew up with mobile phones and the internet being an everyday mod con. Z are the ones who pioneered social media.

who cares, it's just a word. you're starting to sound like a millennial if you actually know the difference.

And then they go out, they don't play video games, moron.

>LOL WHO CARES
Every time.

i'm not talking about all people dumbass, i'm talking about gamers in particular. believe it or not, but there was a time when gamers weren't hermits and they actually enjoyed the company of other people.

Online play kind of killed the idea of going to a friends house to play vidya.

Not him user, but when is the last actual time you've went to see a friend?
Me and my friends stay in all the time and play board games, card games, and vidya. It's always a blast

find me someone who does.

>sound like a millennial if you actually know the difference
because I have studies society and it's functions!

you sound like a generation Z ones who rely upon wikipedia and facebook for factual information.

faggot

Yes.

Millennials dont exist. It's literally just a marketing ploy to sell stuff.

It's literally just a buzzword that mean nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ

>It's literally just a buzzword that mean nothing.
it's a word to describe the civilizations generation of a specific time period.

just like the baby boomers of post WW2

you might want to get a refund on your tuition if that's the kind of shit they were teaching you.

No. Baby boomer was also LITERALLY a marketing ploy made by a game to sell books. And guess what, it was about whining that the "new kids" are ruining everything.

New kids annoy old people since writing exist to prove it. You have people in Rome that complained about the kids who "are narcissistic"

Go watch the videos, it has sources. Generations dont exist. You just have people who are born. I'm born in 89. I have nothing to do with a kid born in 2005. But some news chain trying to be the next baby boomer had to go fast. We went through Z and Millennials is what caught on.

It literally has no value from any expert standpoint, from medical or psychological.

lmgtfy.com/?q=generation names

>No. Baby boomer was also LITERALLY a marketing ploy made by a game to sell books
no it was called baby boomers because of the rise in birth rates in western countries after WW2
It's a sociological phrase

Yes. couch multiplayer was the only redeeming feature consoles had over PC. at this point though, consoles are watered-down PCs with less utility

no. you are wrong.

On consoles, yeah. Build a living room PC, or just plug a laptop into your TV. I play Isaac Rebirth and Spelunky with my flatmates every single day.

do you even know what a fucking millennial is? you probably are one jesus christ

you said you "studied". that's not the same thing as a simple google search. don't try to make other people look stupid if you are the stupid one.

Dude there's a fuckton of indie games that have come out recently on console and PC that were too lazy/poor to add online multiplayer

the problem is that no one has any real life video game friends anymore

hes probably just like the guy in that thread a while ago who thought a millennial was anyone born after the year 2000 lmao

>fighting games only

It's just not fun compared to having your mates in the same room and the loser has to suck the winners dick.

Yeah, but it goes beyond gaming, it's more a side effect of a wider cultural antisocial trend

No. A guy wrote a book about it, to make money. He also made up the whole generation thing.
He wrote a book about the Generation X being a bunch of worth nothing hippies, and wrote about how his generation, that he named "The greatest generation" was the best.

It means nothing. Nothing at all. There is no common trait between me and a guy from 77 outside of the fact that we are born less than 20 years apart.

It means nothing at all.

I always play this when my friends come to my house

you want me to give you a discourse on sociology and social changes per family generation on an indian crock pottery website

nope, i never said that. you are now trying to slowly change the subject so you don't seem as dumb.

I still can't believe that they got rid of splitscreen in Halo 5.
That was when I knew that 343 had literally no sweet fucking clue what they are doing, or what made Halo good in the first place.

Yeah, but thankfully now if you wanna play with an autist you don't have to invite their smelly ass over.

>Or people grew up.
Except adults hangout more often than young people. a
at least until they get old.

Indie games do it, even if it's only because online co-op is hard to figure out.
Overcooked is a really nifty little game about preparing meals throughout a bunch of wacky stages that shift around or have lots of hazards. It gets really hectic really quickly.
Another one I really liked was Enter the Gungeon. That game is an awful slog if you play by yourself because the enemies have more health on every floor while your damage almost never changes. But multiplayer it's much more reasonable because even though enemies have even more retardedly high health, two people shooting have enough dps that things die pretty quickly and you can make use of the really dumb weapons like charm shot or flooding the stage with acid without being totally defenseless.

>No. A guy wrote a book about it, to make money
so a guy wrote LOTR but all fantasy is based upon it's heritage
A guy wrote utopia but it is still a vible political system
a guy wrote Hamlet but is still studied at mid-high tier
A guy wrote a book that is in the bible but we are in the year 2016

the baby boomers were named so before the generation xyz term was coined.
these type of social terminology are in most cases not often attributed to anyone.
the generation X is a personification of troublesome youth, typically having causes in economy/recessions. The term wasn't created by the fictitious book.