Is there a difference between native 4K and checkerboard rendering 4K? Is it worth the extra $1600 to reach native 4K?

Is there a difference between native 4K and checkerboard rendering 4K? Is it worth the extra $1600 to reach native 4K?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pUb63Dc7-Bw
forbes.com/sites/michaelkanellos/2015/09/07/the-big-surprise-in-home-energy-consumption-gaming-pcs/#46f16b7bd490
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That aliashing lmao

if you bought a 4k tv you'd better make sure your source isn't crappy. if you dont have money to not make it look crappy, why did you buy a 4k?

What?

Yes. Obviously. One's a quasi-upscaling technique and the other is native. Also, I believe tr isn't using checkerboard anyway.

aliasing

if you were looking at this on a 50" 4k tv, you'd notice jaggies on the ps side

but what is aliashing/aliasing? I've only heard of anti aliasing?

How

It's funny. Upscaling to 4k is obviously worse than native, but because of compression, 4k native is equal to lossless 1080p. When it gets upscaled to 4k, it's actually scaling up from 720p-

If you opened the full image, you can see jaggies on her shoulders already.
Anti aliasing means smoothing out jaggies that occur

>answering him

>but what is aliashing/aliasing? I've only heard of anti aliasing?

Aliasing is jaggies. Anti-aliasing is smoothing jaggies, hence the name.

>Is there a difference

yes

PS4 lara has been hitting the gym?

To me everything just looks slightly blurry like I need to wear glasses or the camera is out of focus.

I don't think I can play upscaled 4K for a long time when my eyes constantly try to get rid of the blur.

ps4 players don't suffer from autism?

>you can see jaggies on her shoulders already.

Literally autism, I can't see shit

Then you have no reason to go beyond 1080p. But for anyone going 4k, you have to pay attention to shit, instead of being blind

sort of but down sampled 4k to 1080p is just as good as 4k

>is there a difference?
>yes
>a-autism

incredible

>Is there a difference between native 4K and checkerboard rendering 4K?
One is blurry shit and the other isn't
>Is it worth the extra $1600 to reach native 4K?
When will these fucking price memes stop?
I love how people pretend PS4Pro got 60FPS on top of the 1440p rendering that's being upscaled to 4k

You can get native 4k at 30fps for far less than that

Consolefags are literally blind.
Apparently not being a retard with the vision of a 50 year old makes you autistic.

PC Gaming:
Paying 8x more for 2x better

Sorry i don't have autism so didn't notice something so small

>autism means noticing small things

Holy fuck you CANT be this retarded. What the fuck did you think anti aliasing did?

Yes that is one of the symptoms

How do you fin your dick, then?

Or paying 1.5x the price for 2x the performance.

last I checked 4K TVs were in the 2000$ range

>jaggies
Kys you're self yourself.

>I don't have autism so didn't notice something so small
God forbid you try and pick up an intricacy trade skill, like watch-making.
Unskilled plebeian.

start the next thread saying "is such a small difference worth spending money to get native 4k?"

This way it won't be blatant bait, and people might actually take you seriously.

GPUs stronger than the ps4 pro are available for under $200

Just how many thousands of poptarts did you add to your cart?

?

Obviously there is a difference. But checkerboard 4K will still be better than not-4K.

Yeah man I'm going to a museum and say look guys at this one tiny brush mark and say its bad

4x more pixel. no difference i swear like no difference between 480p n 1080p.

>the console is perfect
>anything that's any better than that exact point is autism if you care about it

samefag

both of these screenshots look like ps2 games

the one on the left just looks like the sotc filter was slapped on

pc has a higher FOV

Never saud it was prefect tard, the difference is so small its just autism at that point

he got me xD

console kiddies, everyone.

I'm considered by the laws of this land to be blind and I still have a finer eye for detail than you.
I would suggest going to a optometrist and getting glasses.

>but babe why are you mad, I'm only 2 inches below average

>hurr durr noticing every edge on the screen flickering and shimmering is autistic
kill yourself you fucking idiot

>had to double check her arm because it looked like she was really hairy in the PS4 one

I would suggest going to s doctor and getting autism meds

Literally no sane human I've seen goes around and says "uh you guys see this jaggy? Just press you face up against the screen and zoom in close"

well done you closed the thread in-between replies

That's not how 4chanX works nigger.

Or you know, you could just inspect element and change the text?

Nice projecting but its more like hey my fick is 0.1 below average

Yeah that image is clearly flickering and shimmering *rolls eyes*

>le superior intelligent Cred Forums look at me user meme

what an autist holy shit
this is why you don't have a girlfriend user

samefag

nope just three guys that love seeing idiots getting btfo

only a faggot would find that insult acceptable

or should i say fin that insult acceptable

>Yeah that image is clearly flickering and shimmering *rolls eyes*
do you get paid to pretend aliasing doesn't exist? what do you think anti aliasing is for? why do you do it?

face it, you got burned hard and now you're all butthurt about it
pussy can't even take a hit

all me

I posted this

But isn't that the whole point of a high resolution display? The whole issue which is solved by high-res displays is small pixel-level rendering disturbances. By increasing the resolution, you reduce the pixel-level's scale and create a sharper image. That's the WHY. If you don't believe that the reason is important, just stay away from large resolutions and machines that render stuff at such resolutions.
Now, if you do decide that you need the 4k/UHD level of detail, and buy a dedicated monitor for that purpose, then rendering at lower resolution and upscaling it beats the whole point of it and just wastes your monitor's potential. The image's quality and refinement lie in rendering it at high resolution and displaying it on a high resolution monitor. For proper quality, stuff should be rendered at native resolution, or higher.

Your "autism notices the small details" argument is quite moot, as the whole point of the native 4k is to avoid the small artifacts created at lower resolutions.

I hope I got the message across, and that in the slight chance this thread isn't simply bait, you might change your view on things.

original guy wasn't even me, it's just a shit insult

A good 4K TV is in the 1400$ range. The ones you see on sale for like 400$ are tiny and/or pretty much early 2000's flashbacks of screen bleed and shitty coloring.

>Game in both pictures looks the same as 7th generation
>Probably runs worse than 7th generation games

Graphics are done.

Why do they upscale to 4K?

Why not just leave at the highest native resolution they can do and put everything else into framerate/graphics?

That doesn't make (you) go away

Yea, RoTTR is one of those games that looks good at first glance, but once you start actually paying attention it all falls apart.

Because "4K" sounds cool

yes it does

Because they're not actually going for 4K people, they know they won't buy a PS4Pro let alone a PS4. They're targeting PS4 gamers who are stupid enough to fall for whatever shit they sell, and PS4 gamers who they're worried might get smart and go idort or build a PC.

Better question:

Any point in getting a ps4pro if you don't have a 4k monitor/tv?

nope

upscaling doesnt require much graphical horsepower. any tv can do it.

that's what I figured

gonna get a cheap used ps4 in the couple of next weeks

ps4 pro* players

hahahahaha

>uninformed moron tells other moron false info and believes it instantly

Retard, they said 1080p players get more graphical effects, downsampling, more AF, and franerate

I'm more interested to see how Scorpio will fill in the gaps of the ps4 pro

if you care about graphics, you wouldn't consider getting a ps4pro, you'd get a pc. if you want to game with exclusives/weeashit, just get a cheap ps4 used. there is no reason to get a pro

>Tfw

You get the best version of those exclusives on pro tard

That's sad..

>tfw

Why would you spend $300 on the subpar ps4. That's complete idiocy when an extra $100 gets you the whole enchilada

hasn't ever done it for me
Source: browsing extensionless

they still have jaggies and poor frame rate, so how is that better? more money for a still imperfect game is a waste

Whoever made that needs to have a job marketing for Sony because this caters exactly to how the sony fanbase thinks.

the only thing ps has going for it is exclusives. it never has been about quality, unless you think being better than xbox sometimes is "quality". if you go for consoles, you're not looking for quality, so why are you buying a "quality" ps4 that is half assed?

If you are to buy a ps4 no matter what, then yes. Without a 4k display, the Pro offers increased performance.
The hardware gap is so large, I think we'll soon see the Pro getting the designed games, while PS4 gets shit versions with shit graphics and shit performance. I also expect, within two years, that we see the first Pro exclusive. A game that is so "advanced", that the PS4 simply can't handle, regardless of resulting.
It'll start like Watch_Dogs: you get a "next gen" game, and a significantly inferior "last gen" port, only instead of PS3 and PS4, it'll be the PS4 and the Pro. There is hardly a reason to even try the game on the inferior hardware. Soon devs will ditch the old hardware, and the Pro will be the only release.

Best case scenario for PS4 players is that Sony will keep up their promises, and that the PS4 will continue getting equal releases for the duration of this "generation". Still, it's a shitty piece of hardware with terrible performance in current games. Future games will stress the system further, and games will run on the PS4 at upscaled 900p at 25fps, because a steady 30 will be too difficult to maintain.

So get a used Pro and avoid the slow death of the vanilla PS4.

I really hope someone didn't make this unironically. Holy shit you have to have sonys dick all the way up your ass to think this way.

>more money for a still imperfect game is a waste

Yet you would spend $2000 to play early access indie shit and poorly made ports

it's just a collection of copypasta

ps4 prolapse was a mistake

>not a single rebuttal but just haha I bet you like company xD

>implying i would waste money on early access
but you're right, the pro is on the level of indies and early access games

If you and your friends got money to spend. You got a 4K set so get a pseudo 4K console. I got an XB1 and I'll be waiting for Scorpio a year after it's released. 4K HDR's should mature on the refresh rates by then.

I think Sony's library is mostly cinematic garbage but if you prefer that kind of experience spend the rest of the money.

PC is lower than that level

This I think this PS4 Pro is just a cancer for all PS4 owners.

Not only does it offers marginal performance gains, making it still lag behind a resonably specced PC while offering none of it's benifits, it also harms the quality of future vanilla PS4 games.

It's like they lost the confidence to push the PS4.

the fuck are you talking about?

>PC out performs Pro
>i-its a l-lower level

All that was left for them to do was put out games. But that required actual thought and investment.

Why don't we see more PS4 vs. PS4 Pro comparison screenshots, those would matter more.

Also the Pro is garbage, there is no way developers won't just develop for it solely and have backported versions run like garbage on a PS4, shitty move by Sony, but they know people will eat it up regardless.

4k is a fucking waste and everyone buying into that meme is god damn retarded.
It's like HD all over again, it's small results and a small difference and was 4x the price of SD
And how 4KTV is 4 times more expensive than a 1080p HDTV.
Monitors are even worse because they're smaller, have the same ratio and refresh rate but are gonna be more expensive than a 4k TV twice its size. I'll get one in a couple years when they're 300-500 dollars.
I play my vidya on two 55 inch HDTV monitors that cost me 550 each, four years ago.

>haha I spend 3x the price to configure settings for hours and have games constantly crash and Steam take away my right of ownership but I got extra pixels, I win XD

But you do. PC exclusives have been pretty shit recently.

Warhammer total war is fun... not a hell of a lot much else.

PS4 and Wii U owner here, everything you just said is retarded, even I can admit that.

thankfully, i'm not a retard that has to resort to using consoles, just because i don't now how to put parts together and learn how to properly use my system

Yeah developers are smart to fuck over 40 million for a smaller niche market /s

You can go to walmart right this instance and grab a 48 inch 4k for like $330 or a 42 inch for $250.

YOU NEED THE MOST EXPENSIVE TV OUT THERE OTHERWISE YOU WON'T BE HAPPY BUY BUY BUY

See You could get the RX 470 right now and destroy consoles for pocket money. And that is without the retarded CPU bottleneck that consoles has.

Of course it does, but not for $400, and it doesn't get ps4 exclusives.

I have my pc for total war and shit like that, I prefer my ps4, and I'm going to buy this because I have a 4k HDR Samsung TV and it will increase my enjoyment of PS4 titles.

Simple. You guys act like it's either -or, but it isn't, and a lot of my favorite games just aren't on PC.

PC owner here, he's right

You're a retard who trades ownership and convenience for extra pixels

youtu.be/pUb63Dc7-Bw

>CPU too weak to handle native 4k
>But their up-scaling technique is well done
>Actually very impressive for $399 hardware

They even make a note that Tomb Raider is extremely demanding on high end PCs:

>"A gtx 970 does struggle to deliver at 60fps experience at 1080p"

When are you guys gonna drop the platform war bullshit and admit the Pro, at $399, is actually a pretty solid deal?

Ok and lets forgot the rest of the machine and only factor in the graphics card

you do resort to giving up a lot of the best games out there right now though because you're too stubborn to accept different platforms can have some pretty unique titles.

>he pays for the right to use his internet
okay

This is correct. Upscaling literally means "fills the whole tv". Your OG ps4 can already upscale on a 4k tv, if it didn't it would only fill one quarter of the screen. A Sega genesis upscales when you plug it in too. Ps4 pro is LITERALLY a scam.

>Sega only gives PC garbage western games like Warhammer Total War
>meanwhile they give the PS4 the cream of the crop with Yakuza 6

...huh... really makes you think...

And I bet you anything 30-35 million of those people will buy the Pro regardless. I have seen people upset that the Pro doesn't have mod support or 4k blu-ray. Those are the reasons they are mad, not that they have to shill out another $400 for a new system before games eventually bog the system down because nobody develops for it anymore. No its two inconsequential features that they could just use a PC for. Instead they'll just buy a One/Scorpio and be done with it. Even then its a small part of the playerbase, even if they don't spend $400, the best offer Sony is giving people is PS4 and 5 games for half off, still $200, and that doesn't include sports games editions every year. Most people probably don't even have 5 games without those, and Digital won't count either.

Sony knows people will buy it, its why they're doing it. Its the same as the phone market where people will buy the latest phone every 6 months with increased prices and stuff solely because it has a 1 pixel better camera or new emotes.

People are like goldfish, they flock to anything new and shiny that appears suddenly.

>it's the "I'll just make shit up" episode
Why even respond at all at this point

>he's right
Just double clicking a desktop icon and having the better experience was too hard for you?

no i'm not. pro is stupid if you want 4k. if you want the exclusives, buy a used ps4. you don't have to be a gaming purist

>complains about $5 a month
>meanwhile on PC you pay $50+ more a month in electricity and internet bills

Okay

We all do. Including you. And PS+ is what, 8 extra bucks a month? That wouldn't buy a me a monthly footlong subway sandwich.

>you don't need to pay for Internet if you own a PS4

You also need to pay for internet if you plan to use half the features on your PS4.

Even then a PC with internet can do far more than a PS4 with internet can.

>And I bet you anything 30-35 million of those people will buy the Pro regardless
Wrong most people just want to play the lastest CoD and don't care for extra graphics

>I have seen people upset that the Pro doesn't have mod support
Thats developers choice, Farming Simulator has mod support on PS4

so buy a toaster and put the card in it.
I don't think you understand how underpowered consoles are.

Literally any cheap toaster, even prebuilt, has better cpu and ram than consoles and you can just put it in there. It's not hard.

It still won't cost you more than consoles do.
and certainly not cost more than sucking sony's cock and buying two of their locked down toasters and a 4k tv

>and don't care for extra graphics

You highly underestimate people.
>Thats developers choice, Farming Simulator has mod support on PS4
Yes and the average consumers cares about Bethesda garbage on a ridiculous level.

Nice reading comprehension, I said $50 MORE

My phone can do a lot of things with internet too except I don't have to pay $2000 for the phone

Why would I buy a used ps4 and deal with worn hardware when i could buy a new one for $299, or a pro for $399?

Would you buy a used PC?

Whoopie, I saved $50 and saved four years off it's lifespan.

Again you think it's all mutually exclusive. I prefer my ps4 for the titles, the convenience and the fact it's separate from the place I do all my emails, I have a great PC for pc exclusives that I dig, and I have a great HDR TV so the pro makes sense.

I'll buy a pro because it's an upgrade and covers games that PC doesn't have, and it will work well with my samsung. It's not like it's unreasonably priced.

>$50 MORE
>in electricity and Internet bills
>in
you're the illiterate here

Seriously my PC is a fucking toaster compared to some out there and it still runs everything far better than even the Pro does, which is sad.

Granted I don't use it much and spend more time on my PS3 itself because of some older HD collections and stuff that are still loads of fun to play, but shit consoles are stupidly underpowered compared to PCs.

>wait buy this too
>and don't forget to get a better CPU
>and cooling system
>and monitor that supports higher resolution and framerate
>etc etc

>Would you buy a used PC?
I bought a used PC and put a GPU in it for less than $300
now I have a PC that can do everything a PC can do AND i have a gaming platform with access to literally thousands of titles from the past 3 decades and I don't have to pay for online multiplayer or renting expensive "exclusives"

Who doesn't have a pc with internet already? How is this an argument against playstation for you?

Those of us with playstations tend to have friends with playstation (as you probably do) and we use internet on playstation to play games with them.

It's not rocket science bud, and it costs less than a day of work for a year of internet so it's hardly breaking the bank.

>My phone can do a lot of things with internet too except I don't have to pay $2000 for the phone

Your phone also can't do everything a PC can and you'd be hardpressed to find someone who actually spends $2k on a PC. You can easily get one for far cheaper than still out-performs a all the consoles.

Post speccy

Are you retarded?
I said prebuilt computer. That includes every fucking component.

I've literally had the same midrange PC for 2 entire console gens now and STILL have no need to upgrade

Doesn't matter if its cheap or not, its about the principle of the matter. You have to pay extra just to use the internet you already pay for. Doesn't matter if its 1 cent or $200 a month, its still dumb.

My phone has youtube, Google chrome, reddit, anything beyond that is pointless to me

Enjoy morrowind I guess.

I'm going to play ps4 games I want to play on my ps4, and pc games I want to play on my pc.

PS4 is getting more play now because the lineup is better atm... and really, there's enough great stuff out there that I don't have to look back two decades for games. And if I really want to break out something from the 2000s, my pc can do it.

You don't have a point here. I don't play ps4 for decade old games. I play it for the rally awesome stuff they're releasing this gen, with my friends who have playstations.

>those of us dumb enough to pay twice for Internet tend to have friends who are also dumb enough to pay twice for internet
okay

Show me your 2005 hardware

>and monitor that supports higher resolution and framerate
Yeah bro. They have to buy that shit separate. Good thing we get our 4K TV for free with the PS4 Pro.

>reddit

Its time for you to leave faggot.

>being upset about this

Your right PCucks, I should just pay a grand more to not have any jaggies on her shoulder, that is indeed a worthwhile investment

Can somebody give me a good source to learn about this "checkerboard 4K" thing? I have no idea what it is.

Yet on pc you pay more in electricity and internet bills and far more than a extra $5

so... then you can play 5 year old games that have come and gone, not play the newer stuff except on minimum, and miss all the ps4 stuff entirely?

If you're going to buy a PC, make it a good one. And a $400 PC won't get you far, esp when you factor in the price of a card.

>lineup is better
yeah those delays must really be clogging your backlog
also any midrange computer from the past 10 years will easily play any current-gen game with a $100 GPU

Fuck off with your muh internet site fan wars

>somebody spent a good half hour making this

>have a 50" samsung 4K TV
>paid 400$ for it brand new
>"b-b-but theyre so exspensive!!!"

Fucking pc faggots I swear

But not with a 10 dollar PSU

Look at the arrows on the bottom right or lara's entire right arm, the difference is pretty obvious there.

Still, the PS4's output is pretty good, I'm not sure I'd see much of a difference if I was playing from the couch.

nope, PC power draw is negligible at the moment, literally three lightbulbs draw more power

Oh did lil baby nigger just get the internet in the past 3-4 years. Must be nice to have mommy pay for everything. Probably got it to search for your long lost father.

How do you find time to post on Cred Forums in between your job, job-san?

forbes.com/sites/michaelkanellos/2015/09/07/the-big-surprise-in-home-energy-consumption-gaming-pcs/#46f16b7bd490

I don't know user looks pretty much the same

Okay, but that's life. You pay extraneous fees every day for shit just like that. You tip for meals, you pay service charges to your bank, your credit card has a yearly fee in most cases.

It's $60.00. You can sit their sputtering about how it's the principal of the thing, or you can pay and enjoy yourself.

Since most of my friends are on PS4 these days, I don't exactly feel taken advantage of. I have far more substantial financial costs to worry about at the end of the day, this is super minor.

And no doubt you once avoided all dlc for the principal of the thing too... I imagine like most of us, you eventually started buying it.

a 1060 will run off of any standard PSU in a prebuilt
PSU failure is a meme to scare people into buying $100 700W paperweights that most people won't need 20% of the power coverage

Pro version has missing effects that even the Xbone version had.

It looks fine you faggot.

Don't lie on the internet. The cheapest 50" Samsung 4k TV on the market right now is $480, and even then its far inferior to the vast majority of 4k TVs due to its current specs in comparison.

The best price you're gonna get for a proper 4K TV is $797.99 for a 6300 series. Don't lie on the internet boy.

>forbes
really...
also big surprise PCs are replacing incandescent lightbulbs as a more significant source of power use.

>Wiping the smudge off

As far as specs go it's pretty good (as console generally are) but the fact that they focus on the resolution instead of framerate is kind of a deal breaker for me.

4K is nice of course but I'll sooner take 1080p60 than 4K30 (or more likely not-quite-4k not-quite-30). I haven't seen HDR in the flesh yet so I can't really judge that, sounds interesting.

Sorry dude, but you're in a huge minority. Your principled stance saves you enough for two meals out, and you are probably ignoring the majority of people you know who play games.

It's not like playstation users are a tiny fringe group, you're trying so hard but these arguments are silly.

yoooooooooo

honestly, I'm waiting until OLED 4K gets under $1K

>tipping
>using banks instead of cash
>going into debt over credit

Keep eating that shit up goyim. ;^)

checkered rendering is blurrier

Why dont pc's just use GDDR5 ram like the ps4 does? DDR3 is so behind...

The goal was just to outperform the ps4 """pro"""'s specs for a similar price.

I agree that one shouldn't settle for console tier specs.

I only work 38 hours a week, and on top of that I only post when im shitting.

>what are deals and discounts

Come on now, youre smarter than that

>you're in a huge minority
are you suggesting that there are more PS4 gamers worldwide than PC gamers, and that they actually dwarf the PC market?

RoTTR is honestly one of the few games that I genuinely feel only looks good at insanely high resolutions.

The money you spent on a PS4, Pro, and a 4k display could have bought you a much nicer PC setup. Luckily I have both.

>Come on now, youre smarter than that

Then you would have had to have bought it rather recently as last year during days like Black Friday even that cheap model at $480 was still $519.99.

>a 1060 will run off of any standard PSU in a prebuilt
No. The minimum required PSU is 400watt. My prebuilt has a 300watt PSU.

>GDDR5
um, modern high-end GPUs don't use this either

I've never had credit debt actually. But you do need them for a lot of services today. My banking and investments make me more money then they take, and as for tipping... well, i'm not a douche.

What, do you live in the mountains or something?

>minimum required PSU is 400watt.
that is a load of bullshit and the fact that you take marketing recommendations as gospel just shows both your ignorance and your inability to think for yourself

>shown proof
>n-no forbes is bad cause.....uh..

>The minimum required PSU is 400watt
Nigger, the 1060 has a TDP of 120 watts, even with an i7 CPU and a shit ton of peripherals you'd be looking at around 300-330W of total power draw.

No, its the same. Now delete the thread.

Or you could spend about $600 total and get a substantially better framerate and visual quality

>Very High
>not Ultra

Is this your best shot? I mean its not really all about the graphics either. TR plays at like 90+ FPS on ultra on a decent PC, not a single stutter

You should pay a grand to not have jagged pixels, run at 60 fps, and being able to mod your game. As well as just getting the game for free.

you remind me of my ex

A giggling hyena?

>Taking the corporate recommended minimum over some doofus on Cred Forums's recommendation

Yeah what ever was I thinking?

>you'd be looking at around 300-330W of total power draw.
That's more than my PSU can handle

No, I'm saying you're in a huge minority for your weird principled stance on ps+ and live being too expensive and damaging.

Sorry dude, but that's what the service costs, used by millions, and you're denying yourself some great games because you object to a fee that you will make in one day at the world's shittiest job.

I get a lot of use out of mine, a lot of hours, well worth the price of PS+.

Shit, I spend more on a drinks when I go out for a date.

Yeah pay a grand so I can my rights away to Valve but i get a few extra pixels!

You can easily buy a prebuilt with over 300 watt PSUs.

The fuck are you talking about?

>That's more than my PSU can handle
Your shitty toaster obviously doesn't have an i7.

>My prebuilt has a 300watt PSU.
>MY
>MYMYMYMYMYMYMYMY

Nobody spends money on valve other than idiots.

Its always the same argument with Sony fags.
>w-why dont you have a ps4...ar-are u poor? lmao
My PC was way more expensive, and it does the job way better than a PS4 ever could. Plus, I have access to more, better games. Why do you think your argument makes sense? I could buy a PS4, but I'd be wasting my money. Theres other shit I'd rather waste my money on.

>not a custom build
>not atleast an 850 gold or plat rating

Do you want him to short his whole MB?

Coolermaster's PSU calc page says I can't even use a 750ti by a bit 305w. Let alone 1060.

it's weird that there's so much focus on this one multi-platform game as opposed to game designed with the ps4 pro's options in mind.

Just saying, don't you have anything a little more relevant?

They saved pc you dingus

Get a new PSU friend.

Too scary to install. I don't have money for a new PC if I fuck up.

Everything looks blurry because you need glasses dumbass

Never said that once, I just called you wrong retard.
Didn't say 300 watts was great either just that you can easily buy a prebuilt with 300w, its pretty common.

The only good thing about this is that the normal PS4 is going to go dirt cheap now. So anyone who is horribly itching for that one exclusive can get one for cheap then either resell it or keep it for when something interesting lol________ comes out.

>Never said that once, I just called you wrong retard.
_I_ said that. And you responded to it with "lol you can easily buy a prebuilt with more"

Well that doesn't help me, now does it?

>Coolermaster's PSU calc page says I can't even use a 750ti by a bit 305w.
And this is with a high-end i5, 3 HDDs, gaming peripherals, a wireless card, a blu ray drive, and 2 120mm case fans.
Sounds to me like you're full of shit.

The problem with the PSPro method that in screenshots, yeah it's going to look great, but on a TV you're going to noticed more blur and aliasing.

It gets more evident with a larger TV 60"+

Most people will not notice it with a properly calibrated TV and not doing side by side comparisons

>300 bucks
>dirt cheap

I'm assuming it will get discounted once the "ThanksForTheMoneySuckers" edition doesn't sell as well. Either that or sonyfags will fall for the scam and sell their current PS4s for marginal improvements.

who cares? anything above 1080 is overkill, grafix fags are worse than those people that buy i7s because MUH POWER

Oh yeah, lets compare Uncharted IV running on pc m8! What a great idea!

Multiplatforms get compared because durr, they are multiplatforms.

well i guess compared to a well built pc its dirt cheap
so the real poor fags are the ps4 owners

Installing a PSU is actually one of the more simple parts to the comp. It's not like you're seating the CPU. Look up a guide, or get a tech savvy friend to help.

Sorry I cant hear you over my wii u emulator running at 60 fps with my i7!

I'm pretty sure Sony is forcing developers to keep the games mostly the same and not go crazy with more graphix, to make sure games still run okay on the original ps4.
Devs are not allowed to put out exclusive titles only for the ps4 pro either.

What more can they do than mess with resolution and framerates?
Not that there's nothing wrong with just having those improvements. The original ps4 could barely run games so it's a welcome upgrade.

Your PC ain't mine

The only thing harder is CPU and Mobo

Fun fact
PC can run uncharted 4 in 144fps using SVP and youtube footage.

I hope the pro fails and sony has no other alternative than to jump shit and go third party and release all those exclusives on pc

the tears would be glorious

Wii U emulator is shit

>PC desperate dreams

Lol

No, but google can.

>Someone has a prebuilt
>You recommend they buy a whole other prebuilt and put a GPU in

Dude the PS3 is still $150 new, I'd be surprised if the base PS4 goes any cheaper. Cheapest you can find a refurbished (which fail constantly) is $80 in stores.

Cheap on both still, but its been a few years now and $150 for a brand new one. Don't hold your breath on the base PS4 getting any cheaper than $250 at best.
Pro probably will fail in terms of cost production and expected gains, especially with how much even normalfags are bitching about it. But failing that bad? It won't happen at all.

are you telling me the graphics card i bought 3 years ago is still shitting on the new ""4K"" console?

>still putting words into my posts

You should probably google common sense while you're at it.

Next gen graphics card are probably gonna destroy it again in terms of price/performance.

>my goddamn 280x still beast the PS4 Pro

Holy fucking shit, I knew I was behind in the times because I'm poor, but jesus fucking christ.

>He bought an i5
The wii u emu is ltierally the fastest developing emulator ever. Its going even faster than ppsspp. In fact many games area already playable at 60 fps.

...and what compression are you referring to?

In other words, a 300W PSU would be fine for that.

You can't read, can you?

RECOMMENDED PSU WATTAGE: 309 W

>Load wattage: 259 W
Are you really this much of a dumb nigger?
Do you know what "load wattage" means?

how do you think i feel? My fucking 780 wrecks it.

Except the 1060 and the 480 which are exrtemely cheap run at 1080 maxed out 80 fps.

Rec. is always bullshit on those. You won't use nearly that much.
Not him, but I imagine you feel pretty damn golden. Stay golden ponyboy, stay golden.

>mfw my R9 280x is still stronk
Noice, it will probably still be good enough by the time HDR monitors hit the shelves

DO YOU KNOW WHAT 'NEVER USE OVER 80% OF YOUR PSU CAPACITY' MEANS?

Why is the highest end card that can run on a 300w PSU a 750ti? Why isn't there a 1000 series card for the poorfags?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA B-BUT MUH UNCHARTED

Now post the graphical difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro.

Top is a bullshot.

Clever.

According to the DF, The PS4 version is still using the default xbone textures and just being upscaled while the PC is has the native 4k texture and running on Titan X at high settings hence it's soft, So it's an unfair comparison.

ITT people who didn't actually view OP's image in full size

i know its bait but

nigger, you wish that was real

thanks captain obvious

At least post the real one faggot.

Is this the shitposting thread?

LMAOAF

yes

Yeah, but you also need to upgrade other parts just avoid hardware bottlenecks to get the full value of those graphics cards.

checkerboard rendering isn't magic, you don't get that better quality out of no where

They do actually increase the resolution far ahead of 1080p, around double the pixels actually, so higher than even 1440p, so it can look pretty close to 4K

Speaking of Tomb Raider & Resolution, if you played it at 4K you got delicious sweaty Lara that no one realised was a bug

Just compare the scars all over her and you have your answer.

The PS4 pros CPU is mobile tier, i think it will be fine.

No, a faggot

John Carmack just exagerated in the number, the problem of PC gaming for now is API not hardware. Consoles always used low level api, had full access to the hardware, while PC had to relly on Drivers and API, till DX 11 we could only use 2 cores for gaming, some games, just a few could get up to 4 cores but wouldnt use it fully cause it is not natively suported by the API. But just look at the new Doom and we see what a low level API can change everything due to better access to the hardware. RX 480 got a bump of 40%~ performance using vulkan and we have some good results in games that not fully uses DX12 libraries like Hitman and Deus Ex, very close to the 60% that Consoles have over PCs on the sameish hardware. Now, the consoles alreadly uses its full power, since it uses X86 that has alreadly a 30 years platform and you don't have much trouble with the compiler as it was with PowerPC (PowerPC was way way powerful than X86, The PS3 and X360 CPU were two monsters) but the problem is that PowerPC is too expensive and need too much energy to work, they needed to step down on the CPU side and bump up the GPU, later generation were pretty crappy by delivering only 720p30fps games and sometimes under that.

This 4k bulshit for now is just to sell TVs, since the 4k TVs are alreadly are there and there is no content to display on them. They will push the videogames to display it first, it will alow the streaming services to display 4K videos that they alreadly had but it was underused since almost nobody has a 4k display. We all now that it is bulshit, The PS4 Pro at least is capable of doing 1080p60fps as also will be the Scorpion. And finaly consoles will taste how glorious were PC last 8 or more years.

>people are going to buy this

Bullshit. Overclocked Sandy Bridge is far from being a bottleneck for even SLI GTX1080 setup.

>PCucks can't buy it

k

Lmao looks worse.

Holy shit you're so fucking retarded. Just get a PS4Pro and do all us a favor

BTFO