Friend's been pestering me to join pc master race

>friend's been pestering me to join pc master race
>says he's upgrading and he'll give me the stuff he doesn't need anymore
>say cool, how much will it cost to finish the pc?
>$750

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>friend's been pestering me to join pc master race
>ask him what games are good on there
>"dude Goat Simulator and Youtubers Life is awesome!"

>look for a $400 console equivalent PC
>Yeah sorry dudes I won't be including the case, power supply, hard drive, disc drive, operating system, monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset, chair, desk and electricity. I'm sure you have some laying around.

Is it worth getting a gaming pc? No memes please.
My uncle died and gave me $2k, my mom wants me to buy a car so she doesn't have to drive me to work but some shitty car seems like bad investment.

a gaming pc is an even worse investment if that's what you want to know

What do you want, to be driven by your mom a to work like a fucking loser? Jesus Christ you goddamn idiot, but a fucking car and have some dignity.

>mfw 23 and mom drives me to work

shitty car>good pc you mong

Why do mustard racers never actually use their million dollar rigs?

>Friend keeps pestering me about joining the "masta race"
( I already am I'm just saving up so I don't get a toaster)
>Ask him his specs
>His rig is barely stronger than an a last generation console

Is it worth it to get a gaming PC? Yeah.
Is it more worthwhile than a vehicle that's required for you to commute to your only job? Fuck no.

It's normal for pc user.

let me guess you also just happen to have a separate PC for other uses in addition to your console? Ill never undertand why consolefags think a PC is exclusviely for gaming

That feel when all I have is a shitty two year old 900 buck laptop. I can barely play GTA 5 on high.

we had this exact thread yesterday

I won't enjoy a car and she wouldn't pay for my gas.
It's only 45 minutes total each day she has to drive me not a big deal.

Nigga a car is great. You can go anywhere and do whatever you want.
Quit being a burden on your mother.

>45 minutes a day
>not a big deal
>son buys a fucking pc instead of relieving me of 45 wasted minutes a day
I'd slap you silly

I'm sure it's more enjoyable to play *insert weeaboo game* than not being a loser, next you'll say that it is better to live with your parents at that age.

I just want to play games.
I only have the fucking job because the bitch is making me pay rent to live at home. It's not my fault I can't move out.

you can't move out because you're a lazy fuck without a car

Well you'd be able to move out if you bought a car, saved money, and didn't dump 1k into non-essential shit like gaming PCs.

>drives your pathetic stupid ass to work every day from her goodwill and hasn't kicked you out yet
>THE FUCK BITCH MAKES ME PAY RENT REEEEE
Grow up.

>I only have this job because she makes me pay rent
So in other words you would be an even lazier waste of space bum than you already are without your mommy?

>This thread again
You can stop any time.
I've personally counted 6 "frog plus claim about friend and a large dollar amount for PC costs" thread, and I doubt that there aren't more.

Ok. So who's fault is it then huh?

>friend tells me shellshock live is fun
>buy it
>40 minutes in and its not fun

Car is a better investment. Don't waste it on a money drainer like a gayming PC.

kill yourselves

The baby boomers who ruined the economy and outsourced all the jobs. I wasted two years getting mech eng degree then dropped out because it was pointless when nobody gets hired anymore. Now I have to work at best buy because parents refuse to take care of their son. I wish I was european.
Happiness is essential to life you faggot.

> mfw I'm on the same boat as OP and my parents are about to make me pay rent to stay at home

back to being a shitty wagecuck and not having time or energy for anything else, I guess

>I wasted two years getting mech eng degree then dropped out because it was pointless when nobody gets hired anymore
7/10 bait

That lonely autist is making it at least 5 times a day, just report it and move on.

Kill someone so you can live comfortably in prison then.
Be sure to build your PC before then. They'll probably let you bring it with you :)

Holy shit you fucking welfare sponge in the making, please kill yourself, you make me fucking sick. You are a burden and most likely a disappointment to your mother

I bet you voted for Bernie

i fell for the same trap.

get 4 ps4's instead so you can connect them all together and run uncharted 4 like they did at e3.

>work comfy graveyard shift
>go to college in between
>make ~300 a week
>pay my own car payments, insurance payments and internet bill
>parents let me do whatever I want as long as I pay my shit and keep myself busy
>save up enough to build a 1k PC
>feels like a good investment with all the cool games I can play now

Yeah, no. Become a manager, work more hours, save up, do SOMETHING and you can at least buy a fucking car. Christ, you'll be a stereotype mommy's basement dweller in no time at this rate.

Shitty used cars are an infinitely better investment than new ones if you're strapped for cash. Just get something that'll last a few years no matter what like an old buick or something. You can scrap it when it goes to shit and get 1/4 of your money back anyways.

godlike bait. subtle as fuck

I'm curious, what do you like to play and graveyard shift at what type of establishment?

Kill yourself first, pathetic NEET

>what do you like to play
minecraft

>graveyard shift at what type of establishment
no, i literally work a shift at the graveyard. security

>non-NEET posters
I really wish that all of you fucking post 08 newfaggots would fuck off back to whatever website you came from.

It's a minor warehouse. I count the inventory between roughly 12 - 7 AM.
It's quiet, I don't have to talk to people too often, and I get to listen to my music and shit while I work.
I've been real into Mount & Blade lately.

>Kill yourself and its abbreviation is picking up rapidly in usage these past few weeks
Boy oh boy, I wonder when people will start being original again instead of being a "I'm not a sheep, cause I'm not a Normie!" sheep.

>They are so poor that 750 dollars is alot to them

I forgot what it was like living with my parents

>tfw 28 and I don't even have a drivers license

Neat. Well then, glad to hear life is treating you well He Who Counts Boxes.

For 12 years I was a console player. After finishing college I had a great job, so i bought a gaming pc. t feels awesome and I would never be able to return to 30 fps again.

Whoop.

Sorry that so many people actually enjoy working to improve their station in life unlike yourself. You should try r9k, I hear that board is perfect for scumfuck like you :)

>buy console and shit pc
or
>buy good pc
Why bother with a console when you'd have everything right there and not have to pay extra money for online shit? There is literally no advantage to owning a console over a good computer.

>want to join pc master race
>am retarded
How do I pick parts? I heard actually building the thing is easy, but where do I learn? I have no knowledge.

Pic semi-related.

there are threads on specifically about this

Console + laptop is patrician mode.
Unless you want to be a fat fuck who sits at his desk all day.

TOPKEK

literally just go to logicalincrements, choose a price range and tweak a build from there

Youtube there are several videos about it and you should watch several so you can find what you feel is mlthe most comfortavle way to do certain things

Though for thermal paste one small dot in the center of the CPU unspread is the best

>scum
I make more money in mmrbosting/pilots/carries than your current job makes. I'm sure of it.

thank me later

If you are working for your money, then I have no problem with you

>mmrboosting

Probably not, post numbers.

>16 GB of RAM
>no SSD

ssd is a meme

16GB of RAM is a bigger meme

>buy SSD
>install windows on it
>boots up in literal seconds
>install game on it
>load times virtually nonexistent
Like hell it's a meme. SSDs changed my life and i'll never be able to go back.

16GB is good for intensive games like minecraft.

logicalincrements.com/
Pick a build from here, recreate it on PCpartpicker

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
Make a build that suits your needs and budget. The website automatically checks compatibility between parts. Do research on your parts and make sure they work well together before buying them, though. The site isn't perfect, and a friend of mine wound up getting incompatible RAM that the site said would work.
When the parts come in, just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that).

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
Make a build that suits your needs and budget. The website automatically checks compatibility between parts. Do research on your parts and make sure they work well together before buying them, though. The site isn't perfect, and a friend of mine wound up getting incompatible RAM that the site said would work.
When the parts come in, just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that).

>mfw gayming pc plays AAA port worse than console that costs half as much
PC gaming is cult and scam kek

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
When the parts come in, just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides, They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that).

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
When the parts come in, just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that)

>worse than console
>twice the frame rate and visuals and half the cost
What did you mean by this, user.

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
When the parts come in just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that).

Okay make a pc that can play Halo 5 at 120fps on Ultra and costs $250.

stop

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
Make a build that suits your needs and budget. The website automatically checks compatibility between parts. Do research on your parts and make sure they work well together before buying them though. The site isn't perfect, and a friend of mine wound up getting incompatible RAM that the site said would work.
When the parts come in just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that).

>twice the frame rate and visuals and half the cost
>half the cost
Why do pc fags feel the need to lie about the cost?

That's what it used to be called, everyone calls it eloboosting now because of league.
Season7-11 on WoW I was making ~$800-2000 most weeks and I was a teenager. Now because the main games people pay to be boosted in are f2p it is much easier and faster. You can do a g5-d5 boost in league for $250-300 in a day or a few hours. d5-master you can do in a few days at most for $800-1000. This is all per account, with that dynamic queue system where you could 5 man queue and stomp you could boost 5 accounts at once. The majority of money comes from the silver/low mmr in league/dota nowadays or steam skins.

If you are high mmr in any game you should be boosting. It is literally free money.

>120
Halo 5 is 30 FPS on console.
>And costs $250
>He was talking about the system and not the game
You're retarded.

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
Make a build that suits your needs and budget. The website automatically checks compatibility between parts. Do research on your parts and make sure they work well together before buying them though. The site isn't perfect, and a friend of mine wound up getting incompatible RAM that the site said would work.
When the parts come in just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that),

Nope, Halo 5 is 60fps on console.

Thanks for the (You)s I guess?
Are you okay, user?

hello?

>Google
Wow. That's the first game I've heard of being 60 FPS on a Bone/PS4.
Nice nitpick btw.

with glorious 720p

I was the biggest, most driving averse NEET on earth and I finally got my driver's license April this year. 27 years old and I'm hating myself for avoiding it so long.

I saved up enough wagecuck bucks for private lessons though.

If I can do it you can bro, don't let more of your life tick past being dependent on someone else to go places. I still dont fell 100% free but it's something.

>NEET
>wagecuck bucks

point at him and laugh

No I'm on /o/ researching some dank old cars for cheap

>this thread again for the 3rd day in a row
Why is this board turning into /vg/

I metamorphosed from one to another

I play on wii u though

>user thought Cred Forums wasn't shit for years

> ps4 has so few games, sonyggers constantly need to make these threads
how pathethic are you? You create those threads for days now, with a slightly different pepe and slightly different numbers

>le sony boogeyman

Wouldn't you have to be equally pathetic to notice?

Hey, thanks user.
pcpartpicker.com/
When the parts come in just read the fucking manuals that they come with when building instead of running around searching up guides. They'll tell you 99% of what you need to do, and any specific issues you can look up. Cred Forums recommended me a guide when I was building mine and it was full of shitty advice like placing the motherboard on top of its anti-static bag (don't fucking do that),

i was merely pretending the post

PC USERS FUCKING BTFO!!!