Where are their parents? How were they born?

Where are their parents?

Other urls found in this thread:

khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2-8-Featured-in-Famitsu-6035
khinsider.com/news/A-Look-Back-Director-s-Secret-Report-XIII-4883
youtu.be/VQxcaq6vXzs?t=1m36s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kingdom hearts.

In another nearby island. In a hospital, I guess.

Shit is shown to you in the first hour or so of the original game.

Wait didn't Sora's mom talked in one cutscene?

Sora has a mom, already confirmed in-game. And Kairi had a grandma or some kind of guardian confirmed as well.

Those aren't parents?

Where are these kids parents?
Who built all of the homes on Destiny Island?

On the main big island that show a bit of in 2. The one from the start of KH1 is just a little island off the the coast of the main one that they use small paddle boats to get to and play on.

DINNER'S READY

>yfw Sora's mom topped herself with the worry while he sang in a cringy underwater opera

If you actually played the games you'd hear Sora's mom in the beginning of kh1, see Kairi's Grandmother near the end. Riku's dad took him and Sora to the island when they were younger in BBS. Destiny Islands in the game is only a small part cut off from the mainland, where they lived and went to school in KH2.

There's your answer.

They certainly exist but I think the more pertinent question is why the fuck do none of the main kids seem to care about their parents? When Sora is first dropped in Traverse Town he is worried about Riku and Kairi and proceeds to only give a shit about them throughout the whole series. He never once asks about his mom or anything. Is this just a Japanese thing or what?

Also to add Kairi comes from a different world, whose parents are most likely dead or are heartless, so she's basically an orphan.

Is that Twilight Town next to the Islands?

There was also the fact that Kairi's parents were supposedly the mayors of the island or something like that.

It's a bad writing thing.

Sora's mom says "SORA DINNER'S READY!" in the first game.

Riku mentions that "We may never see our parents again." when the heartless start attacking the Island.

Kairi's...grandma? can be seen in a flashback to when she lived in Radiant Garden.

Other than that they never really mention parents.

Kairi just showed up in Destiny Islands one day (after Radiant Garden got fucked) and she was adopted by the mayor.

No. Remember the scene with Kairi and Selphie in their school uniforms in 2? Where they are in that scene is on the main island.

In BBS, Riku also mentions that Sora's dad is the one who brings them over to the small island where they play around

Sora's mom talked in the first game, and his father took him and Riku to play on the island in BBS.

Kairi was adopted by the mayor, and her grandmother was seen in the first game.

There's nothing about Riku's relatives yet. But if you want to consider the manga canon apparently his folks are well off and he lives in a mansion.

No. Twilight Town is a different world all together and not connected to DI in anyway. This is what part of the main island looks like.

Then why arent they worried about their parents? They have been in this adventure jumping planets but not once they show any signs of wanting to go back to their parents. It has been years already.

It's really only been a year and maybe a half.

Kids dont grow that much in that time. Kairi from 1 to 3 is a big change. 2 years minimum.

Nah, the games pretty much happen back to back outside of obvious ones like BbS. We haven't seen Kairi's whole body in the new outfit yet so I don't think that's a good comparison but interviews confirm that it hasn't been that long. The longest period that we have post KH1 chronologically is 1 year:

>KHBBS → KH1 (nine to ten years after)

KH1 → KHDays (during/after endgame events)

KH1 → KHCoM (immediately following)

KHDays → KH2 (immediately following)

KHCoM → KH2 (about one year after)

KH2 → KHCoded (immediately following)

KHCoded → KH3D (immediately following)

KHX/UnX → KHBBS (over one hundred years after)
>khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2-8-Featured-in-Famitsu-6035

>Kids dont grow that much in that time
You don't know how much puberty can bless some of these kids.

I wonder what Sora's mom thought when he just disappeared. Is he presumed dead? I got so many questions.

Its just weird that he doesnt give a shit about his old regular life.

When Namine did her manipulation of Sora's Chain of Memories, his parents literally forgot that he existed for about a year. When they finally did remember, they presumed that he went missing like the rest of the island did for Riku on the night of the storm.

Where was this stated?

Director's Report:
>IX. Now we will ask about the main characters in general. Why can Sora turn into the Anti Form? Why was Riku chosen by the Keyblade? What of Kairi's memories of Radiant Garden? How are Roxas and Naminé different from other Nobodies? And, while Sora and his friends were gone, what happened to their school, their friends, and their parents?

>Lastly, while Sora and others were gone, time had stopped for the people on the world of Destiny Islands - on the night of the storm in the first game, the Islands were wiped out. After that, the only reality for them for the year that Sora slept was that 'Riku vanished on the night of the storm', as all their memories of Sora himself had disappeared. Those memories inside them of Sora did return when Sora awakened, but in the end their memories regarding Sora simply matched those of Riku - that they had both vanished ever since the night of the storm.
>khinsider.com/news/A-Look-Back-Director-s-Secret-Report-XIII-4883

If Kairi is the princess of hollow bastion, and Ansem the Wise is the King of Hollow Bastion, did Kairi's dad die on screen?

Interesting. At least they didn't pull some bullshit like multiverse theory.

Can you imagine the fucking horror his mom must have gone through slowly losing all memory of her son, being aware that it's happening, but all the while unable to understand why?

I think it would have happened all at once.

Kairi was never stated to be Princess of Hallow Bastion. She's a Princess of Heart FROM Hallow Bastion/Radiant Garden. Even her journal entry makes no mention of her being royalty in that way. Just of her being a Princess of Heart. As far as we know she and Ansem the Wise are not related at all.

That's not how women's brains work. She would have simply adjusted her life to one as a childless woman.

I think it's easier to think of it like how the Obliviate spell worked in the Deathly Hallows movie.
youtu.be/VQxcaq6vXzs?t=1m36s

As I grew up I was taught that family should always come first before friends. Since family will always be there for you. I've questioned this in the series multiple times, because they say shit like "my friends are my power" and when I think deeper about it , it would sound a lot worse if they replaced friends with family.

In all honesty I hope nomura gets questioned on this. For now, I want to just believe that the events of the game pretty much tell you their parents are still okay and that they visit them. Its just completely offscreen, and it all makes sense.

Dude.
Motherless/Bastards are a common trope in Jap games because many are themselves and your parents and family have nothing to do with the journey/story at hand.

When I played KH2 I was fucking pissed you couldn't explore that comfy ass town

It really is comfy. I know I didn't expect for the main island to look that populated.

Isn't it a Japanese things to completely cut off the parents in video games as a sign of going out into the world and being free?

I've always thought the opposite. Family affection means nothing since they're pretty much obligated to care about you, or forced to. Friends are there because they want to be. Nothing is forcing them to love you.

most western games don't have teenage/child protagonists so there's not much room for comparison.

it doesn't feel uncommon in JRPGs to have a parent kicking around back at your house. golden sun and pokemon come to mind. moms seem more common than dads though.