already a thread m8

>Radec
>2 coles
>Big Daddy
>Donte
>Raiden instead of Snake
>Zeus
>Making Spike look ugly as fuck

Wasn't the director for this game indian?

>5 shotos
>2 Wolverines
>X-Men and Street Fighter fucking everywhere
>random niche Pac-era arcade character
>literally 2 OC characters
>reused sprites everywhere
>no Alex
>no Jedah
>no Arthur
>no Nemesis
>no June
>no Power Stone reps
>no Thor
>no Dr. Strange
>no Ghost Rider
>no Punisher
>no Dr. Octopus
>no Silver Surfer
>compounded atop bad music & very un-Marvel & un-Capcom stages
Marvel 3 blew 2 out of the fucking water in about everything but the gameplay, and even then, MvC1's six-button layout was better.

no, just japanese.

I remember some dude named Omar Kendall, either indian or arab.

uh what?

Mvc3 compared to 2?

naw homie they are different games entirely. People still play both.

No, I did.

Oh lord, I was joking but That's rough Lol.

You'd think with a last name like Kendall he'd be turned into a robot already.

See, people like to cite Mario Kart 8 a lot, but who's missing? Diddy, and...

>B-but character from my favorite spin-off!

Diddy finally got added to Mario Party and Mario & Sonic, Diddyfags have no right to complain lately. He'll be in the next Kart for sure.

Fuck i just remembered Rabbids were a thing

he does have his own racing game so It's not like he is missing the spot light.

MKX

>metal characters
>clone characters
>kooplings wasting all that space and not in a single spot
>no worthwhile, surprise characters
>only one kong

Diddy's been in Mario Party since 2007.

Not as playable

They didn't shell out any money for it, embarrassing as fuck SENPAI

But this is a good roster.

Source? I'm looking everywhere and I'm not seeing anything.

mariowiki.com/Diddy_Kong#Game_appearances

Star Rush is Diddy's playable Mario Party debut.

Still not seeing it on that list.

Never mind, it's on the Mario Party section.

mariowiki.com/Diddy_Kong#Mario_Party_series
ctrl+f "party"

He's been in three party games, he has been non-playable in two of those three, and the third wherein he is playable is coming later this year.

TL;DR you dont know your mario

And you probably should have linked that instead.

>that roster
>bad
What's wrong with it?

I know complaining about a roster in a kart game is not worth of my time, but Toadsworth, Pauline and E.Gadd could have been great selected newcomers characters for 8.

SFV comes to mind.

This is amazing

PEPSIMAN salvages it

Bowser Jr., E.Gadd, some of the prominent mainstays of the spinoffs, maybe even bring in more Donkey Kong or Wario characters...
basically.

Also Mario Kart 7's is probably worse, but this is like second when it comes to Mario Kart.

This.

I'd even enjoy having characters from lesser known games. Why just a generic Koopa Troopa when you could get Kooper? Goombella? Bow? Any of the Mario RPG characters?

I adore Mortal Kombat X kills me because I like all the new characters, but the 'returning cast' feels so blah to me. And what makes that feeling worse is that the returning characters are all reasonable in terms of who should return in the first place...

It just didn't have all the renewed favorites that MK9 made for the fanbase, like Jade, Stryker, Kabal, or Nightwolf.

SVC Chaos

Who the fuck wanted Earthquake and Kasumi Todoh?

I listed those characters because there's some strange divorce between the RPGs and the other games (except for the Goomboss and the Star Spirits, who were simplified anyway). Then again, when we' got Honey Queen so...

They've done some extremely solid redesigns of characters in the past, but it feels like they're playing it safer with them. It's really weird to me that they took less liberties with their own cast but had no problem taking some of DC's in crazy directions

>tfw no more based deception sub zero and scorpion

Smash 4, DLC or not. DLC makes it worse, though.

>Mewtwo
>Lucas
>Ryu
>Cloud
>Corrin
>Bayonetta
>not great
Only shitty choices were Toon Link, Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, Rosalina, and Roy.

Also taking requests

>Cloud
>Great
I hope you're joking. Worst decision in the history of Smash, to put Cloud in.

I have no idea where they could go with the next game.

Smash 4 isn't that bad.

Maybe not physics wise, but roster wise, it literally surpasses Melee in crappy choices.

Not what the majority think, you contrarian little shit.

>Snake
>Moai
>fuggin Optimus Prime (muh Convoy)
>Simon
how exactly is this terrible?

What game is this?

Melee had a handful of clones added at the last second, and one of them was GANONDORF.
Smash 4's roster is the "Who framed Roger Rabbit" of gaming when it comes to guest stars.

And I know your comment's bait, I don't care.

Do not understand the analogy here.
Also, that was not bait. I really do believe Smash 4 has the worst roster.

Who framed Roger Rabbit is famous for being one of very few official crossovers between Disney and Warner Brothers, featuring characters from both studios.
Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS, in addition to a sizable amount of retro and recent Nintendo characters, includes Mega Man (Capcom), Sonic (Sega) and Pac-Man (Namco), along with trophies such as Ray-Man (Ubi-Soft) and Commander Video (Indie). Add in DLC and you have Cloud (Square-Enix) along with Ryu and Bayonetta (+1 to Capcom and Sega respectively). The roster overall has 53 characters, the majority having their own unique quirks or movesets.

>Bane, but no CIA

I'd like to request That Gay Blowjob.

Shrimpin' 'aint easy

>Monolith Soft got Shulk in
>could get Elma in if they decide to make an X sequel
>Sakurai could bitch and whine enough to Namco to get KOS-MOS in
>Xenocrossover in Smash could happen some day
>mfw

Nearly every King of Fighters.

Needs more Fatal Fury.

>Sakurai could bitch and whine enough to Namco to get KOS-MOS in
>implying Sakurai will work on the next game
>implying a Xenosaga character will get in ever

Where the fuck is The Guy?

>Steven Universe avatar poster
kys

This is one of the best rosters in gaming, ehat's wrong with you?

I main One-Shot Johnny

>Metal Mario, all those Japanese using him
>fuckin' Wiggler and that Bee from Mario Galaxy

and no Waluigi. I don't use Waluigi, but they had to reuse Waluigi Pinball in this, when they should've waited for 8 to reuse it.

>bad

Nigga K. Rools there.

They said Waluigi was a lesser priority, and that's why he was removed.

This spooked literally everyone into thinking he was being retired as a character

>Metal Mario
>Baby Luigi
>Baby Peach
>Baby Daisy
>Baby Rosalina
>Pink Gold Peach
>Tanooki Suit Mario
>Cat Bell Peach
>Dry Bowser
>non-Mario Shit
Jesus fucking christ.

Sprixie, Plessie, Nabbit, Luigi's Mansion 1 version of King Boo, Diddy Kong, Robo Mario, Mona Pizza, Captain Syrup, Dino Pirhanna, Mouser, Wart, Tatanga, Goombario, Prince Peasely.

Unexpected, new, old, fan favorites. Tossing classic Mario RPG fans a little bone, use it to advertise the shitty new ones in the series. There, something for everyone.

>A googoplex of ravens
>those are alot of ravens

lesser than Metal Mario and Wiggler?

This game depressed me over how bad it was compared to all the hype it was getting as it was labeled a celebration of the entire franchise.
Haha no, enjoy your movie characters and rabbids..

CIA is there as bill willson

I don't know why people give the Koopa Kids shit when you have 4 Marios, 3 Peach's, and the other baby characters. At least the Koopa Kids are original characters in the game and not just skin changes. I also like being able to be a different color Yoshi and Shy Guy

I thought Wiggler is a nice addition when it comes to using generic enemies or species for some spin-off games, but I agree on the Queen Bee one. If they wanted to use a Galaxy characters, at least use better characters such as The Coach or The Chimp or Lubba.

>color edits for Yoshi
>individual slots on the roster for the babies and Koopalings
You're right, that's pretty baffling.

Diddy, Junior, and Dry Bones were the ones most bitched about not being on the roster.

this right here.

How times have changed that people actually miss that little bastard Bowser Jr. when they all cried foul for not using the koopalings anymore.

This isn't Smash Bros. The Koopalings are not palette swaps and are all different weight classes that took separate, individual time to model. In fact, MK8 is more faithful to them than Smash in this regard. Same for the babies.

The Yoshis are, as you said, literally color swaps of the same characters.

People gave the alternate Marios, Peachs and babies flack too, unless you missed the whole "Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach" fiasco. But when you add seven characters well known for being a group...

>rabbids
worse than evil cole

People hated Junior when he debuted as he did replace the Koopalings in all games and spin-offs during the Gamecube years. When Nintendo finally realized that him and them can both co-exist with New SMB Wii the hate for him cooled off a bit.

Plus almost every character has fans. People bitched about Petey Piranha not being in games after Double Dash even though there were loud complaints that he was in fucking everything during the GC era.

Wiggler was the only character I used in that game.

no I remember, but I still don't see why they give the Koopa Kids shit. Each one is a unique racer so they shouldn't be just skin changes.

dream mix TV world fighters

I still to this day do not understand this roster.

Baffling how they refuse to use Mouser and Wart in any spin-offs, they fit in more readily than most other enemies they toss in as they are bipedal. How the fuck does a Goomba hold a racquet?

If only MK8's roster was this good.

That's not bad. Sure there are some odd choices, but it's got everyone that matters as far as I can tell.

Hell, it's even got fucking Kamek. Why the fuck has Kamek never been in Mario Kart?

I'm assuming you're implying it's bad because of shit like Goomba/Paragoomba but I'd rather have that then 1,000 slots being dedicated to koopalings or Pink Gold Baby Cat Peach Peach and Bronze Baby Tanooki Mario

>03/21/13
these screencaps are always newer than i remember them being
time flies

At least they remembered Shiki existed.

>Regular Koopa and Paratroopa
>Tiny Kong
>Regular Boo and King Boo (not even the good King Boo but the Mario Kart "regular Boo wearing a crown" King Boo)
>Regular Goomba and Paragoomba
>Five babies
>Generally filled to the brim with random mooks

It's serviceable but anyone saying it's fantastic are being weirdoes.

>other game...

>optimus prime
>bad

nice bait

Mooks are okay for a game like Super Sluggers. The roster had to be huge, at least this way you get some variety.

The only bad additions to the roster in Smash 4 were Corrin and Palutena. Rosalina is a little questionable but not outright bad. The rest range from okay to great.

Smash 4 has the worst roster in history, and im still baffled that people defend it.

>wii fit trainer
>fucking miis
>all that fire emblem shit
>cloud strife

How people are ok with sakurai giving a game that is supposed to celebrate nintendos history a roster full of 3rd party characters is beyond me. Its an absolute shit roster, but I guess it does reflect on nintendos current state.

Aww shit it's that kid from beyblade, isn't it?

At least there are no babies

As I said, it's probably because they appear as a unit and thus "took" seven "slots". Add in the remaining racers as mentioned here: and they're a pretty easy scapegoat.

This article didn't help either:
polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754590/mario-kart-future-rosters-super-smash-bros

>Yabuki added that he had to have series newcomers the Koopalings — Bowser's seven rambunctious minions — all appear together in Mario Kart 8; splitting them all up and only including a few was not an option. The director noted their inclusion was because of their "superb individuality" and unique expressions. These seven have replaced a handful of previously-included characters — Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, King Boo and Diddy Kong — for which Yabuki apologized to their fans.

Considering this was after S&K and before Adventure it's a pretty good roster. Who else you going to put in there (US comic/cartoon characters don't count)? Bean is also from Dynamite Dux, which predated Sonic.

I get it but if they didn't add baby Peach, baby Rosilina, Baby Daisy, Baby Luigi, Gold Metal Peach (what the fuck was that?), Metal Mario, and Tanooki Mario we could of had all the Koopa Kids and our beloved missing characters. Nintendo's priorities suck

>Special
>3. Invisible so long as nobody is looking at you

uhh

Like it would have took much effort to touch up the GC models for the removed characters. Especially Dry Bones who is just a reskinned Troopa anyway. I like the Koopalings, but using them as an excuse to not include at least Diddy and Junior is stupid.

>Green Mario
>Purple Mario
>Baby Mario
>Yellow Mario
>Baby Green Mario
>Lady Mario
>Red Mario
>Metal Mario
>Baby Lady Mario

Done
Post a pic , name, and description if you want me to add it

For some reason i cant compress it so here its a imgur link imgur.com/a/HDL0S

The only one you really have a point on is the FE characters.

Miis only suck because the execution was heavily flawed but the concept was sound.

The rest is just you being a bitch.

>Wii Fit Trainer
Of the Wii Fit brand, and Sakurai admitted it was out of left field.

>Miis
The standard Nintendo player avatars

>all that Fire Emblem shit

Awakening was meant to be the finale of the long running series, which not only continued but got a major popularity boost and Roy was a heavily requested/memed character.

>Cloud Strife
Probably one of, if not the most popular (or at least well known) Final Fantasy character.

>Third party
Most of which have a history with Nintendo in some way (except Cloud; see above) and make up seven of a 53 character roster.

And let's remember that Roy's game wasn't even out in Japan yet at the time Melee was released.

Sakurai knows people want to see crazy cross-over dream matches come true, Nintendo owned or not, and tries to make it happen if he thinks he has a chance. The number of people who'd think "not muh Nintendo" is vastly outnumbered by people going "OH FUCK YOU CAN PLAY AS CLOUD."

The series is full of Nintendo characters because Nintendo owns the series, and therefore it's convenient and requires no hoops to jump through. That's all.

>nintendo gets literally zero third party support for thier systems
>fighting game is filled with third party characters

Nope, its bullshit

>Sonic!
>Tails!
>Knucles!
>and this bunch of literally who

in4espioandamy
One appeared in a very obscure game and the other barely had a role in the only game she was when Sonic Fighters was released.

>Spurdo
>He is ebin n bretty gud :DDDDD

Dr. Robotnik as an OP unlockable boss.

Knack/Fang was in Sonic Triple Trouble
Bean was inspired by Dynamite Dux
Bark my be OC, don't know
Espio was from Knuckles Chaotix

The only ones you could say didn't need to be there at the time were Bean and Bark.
They were also the only two characters from that game to appear in Fighters Megamix, so AM2 must have decided they were OC enough to port over (Sega was probably anal about including actual Sonic characters in a 'serious' fighter).

Robotnik and Metal Sonic are the final bosses at least. Metal Sonic is playable in the PS3/360 port as well (along with Honey the Cat).

Pic unrelated?

Except those characters are pretty much clones and were more than likely made off of existing assets (the baby princesses: Baby Peach, the metals: Mario & Peach, Dry Bowser: Guess) The suits would be the only issue I suspect the assets are from 3D World. the only thing those characters would need is new animations.

>Omar Kendall
>either Indian or Arab

you need to get out more my retarded friend

Ok.

>The Guy
>He's the Guy, full health

>Nintendo got Cloud even though he was exclusively ever on Sony consoles and handhelds.
That must've been a huge slap in the face towards Sony.

Sony probably didn't even make the effort past the original lowball offer (and probably would have settled for Lightning). Didn't the developers say Sony wasn't as helpful as they could have been in regards to acquisitions?

>Plus almost every character has fans. People bitched about Petey Piranha not being in games after Double Dash even though there were loud complaints that he was in fucking everything during the GC era.

This. People that had complained about the Koopalings being replaced were the Koopaling fans while ones that complained about them being everywhere are not.
Makes me wondered, does PGP/Baby Rosalina have fans? If they do, would that considered them as very divisive characters or the most hated characters that have a small amount of fans?

yo

This whole fucking game was baffling

Who is that below Vyse and between Reala and Metal sonic?

Billy the kid I think?

One of the best games I've ever played, but yeah that roster is rubbish.

The fuck even was this game

Sega once again forgetting they have an entire gigantic backlog of old arcade, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast characters aside from a few token appearances.

So what, they're the biggest icons in the industry. The only one that isn't is Bayonetta, who was added because fans asked for it.

Sakurai don't give a shit about whatever arbitrary rules you invented.

>below vyse
Pudding from space channel 5.

>between realla and metal sonic
AGES, which is basically a sentient VMU that drives in a dreamcast controller/daytona vehicle/jet

It's called "AGES". It's a mix up of Daytona USA, Afterburner and a DC controller

Pic related, and everyone goddamn knows it.
No one knew who Ness or Captain Falcon were.
Everyone would've rather had Bowser and Mewtwo over Luigi and Jigglypuff.

I'll be honest, I'm fine with this roster

Yes it may be weird, but it's leagues better than babies, metals and power-up suits

Still a better roster than Smash 4 and its DLC.

I'd much rather have variety and more across-the-board representation than just filling the roster with Mario characters, which is what they would have resorted to if the goal was only adding the characters people know.

Besides, F-Zero was popular at the time. Earthbound was big in Japan, too.

Not really.
Smash 4 literally has the exact same 12 characters, and more.
I don't really see how that's worse. Do you not like having more characters?

Why is falcon even in smash? He never fights in f-zero.

>internet celebrities who nobody remembers now
>some NASCAR driver who is only famous as she's a girl
>movie tie-in
>large chunk of characters from computer series most fans of Sonic wouldn't even know about
>TF2 tie-in

Yeah, leagues better

I don't think anything will top this in terms of oddity

But that roster's actually pretty good. Just because it's missing a few key characters doesn't I'm,edited invalidate it, loser

Handheld Mario Karts are always more "experimental" with the roster since they know they can't fit in the babbies and metals.

Watch the next one add fucking Pianta or something.

>roster includes daisy, toadette, waluigi and ludwig von koopa
>"terrible"
no

Did you not bother to take a look at what post I replied to? I was talking about MK7

Because they wanted a human proportioned character they can remap the attacks to from the original game that eventually became Smash.

>Pianta
Instant main.

All dat hype

>literally half the roster is FE
>one third is pokemon
>the other third is kid icarus

Would have been better if the series died with melee

My mistake, my brudda.

>"We're totally going to include every facet of the entire TMNT franchise history"
>"oh wait, Peter Laird hates the 80's cartoon, no Bebop, Rocksteady, or the real Krang for you"
>"have some rabbids and a picture of the Technodrome instead"

>Snake
>Ryu
>Cloud

Got into a smash game in a console where none of their games are available before SONY who got FF7 (And all of its spinoffs, MGS4 and fucking SFIV.

(Not counting the SNES Street fighter in virtual console).

>the other third is kid icarus

Both FE and Pokemon have six fighters, KI only has three.

But yeah, it's a shame how FE ended up infecting the game's roster. Sakurai didn't even want Corrin in, but executives convinced him otherwise.

>Sam Fisher Rabbid in a TMNT game

What kind of 3rd party rep is this shit?

Would be like having a Servbot dressed as Frank West in smash.

>half a block
delete this

You're overreacting. 6 Fire Emblems + 6 Pokemon + 3 Kid Icarus = 15 characters out of a total of 58.
Do you really consider a roster of 12 characters to be better than a roster of 58 characters, with the 12 aforementioned characters still in?
I 100% agree with you about Fire Emblem though, Marth, Ike, and Robin were enough
Should've spent time on other characters instead of Roy / Corrin

>There are actually people who defend Smash 4
>Dark Pit
>Lucina
>Dr. Mario
>All that fucking Mario and FE characters
>Cloud fucking Strife
Fuck you all at least Wolf was kind of unique. And I'm still mad about Sakurai cutting IC and Wolf.

once again ed is the most op character
why are western developers so fucking ed bias?

Replace fucking Metal Mario with Waluigi and Queen Bee with some shit like King Boo or Petey and this roster is golden considering the amount of characters.

>not just one rabbid
>not just two
>THREE MOTHERFUCKING RABBIDS
>one called Splinter Rabbid yet it's not referencing TMNT at all but instead Splinter Cell

You can't make this shit up

that big ass random select icon.

The polar bear here is the only fucker that doesn't belong, looks stupid too, should've had Mighty or some other fucker from the games.

Why isn't this at evo?

>Three fucking Rabbids

FUCK

Well, so far I'm not impressed.

All those characters from games no one gives a shit about.

Anyone really wanted FB manager or those two fucker from empire or some shit, willemus and the other guy?

Bear in mind, they left out other Sonic characters, Segata Sanshiro, Miku, Sakura, and some rep from phantasy star.

Also, fucking Yogscast, fuck them.

>Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario
>Literally upgraded costumes that took no time at all.

Also Cloud seems to be triggering you pretty badly user.
Also the 3DS and probably 8-player Smash killed the Ice Climbers, Sakurai didn't want to cut them initially.

I forgot how hard was ubi tryng to push those rabbids shit a couple years ago. Seems like they learned their lesson.

The roster is the only good thing about that trash game.

I haven't been paying attention to Musou news in awhile and only just heard about this. Figured they couldn't do anything more with the Orochi storyline.

>probably still no fucking Empires game set-up most likely

The babies (I'm fine with the Baby Bros, though) and the Mario and Peach clones are the problems

3DS version should have never been intended to mirror the same cast as the Wii U.
Stages weren't the same, so why should the roster?

>he cant stop
>hes just a soldier

Sakurai didn't want version exclusive characters, so certain characters were retooled/dropped because of the hardware. At one point, he specifically said they started focusing on making the newcomers viable for both consoles.

Eh, it brought in Shy Guy as a full character, so I'm cool with it.

It's also why Ice Climbers were cut because they worked fine on Wii U but couldn't work on 3DS

Lost Pokemon Trainer because of it.
Lost Ice Climbers because of it.
Zelda and Samus lost their transformation because of it (and their alternate forms are much better than their originals so they never get picked except by masochists).

Don't think it's a fair trade-off, especially in Pokemon Trainer's case since we lost two characters out of the deal.

Chibi Robo

He's cleaned up the house, planted a shit ton of flowers, and earned Super Chibi Robo status. He can also call in Giga Robo as an assist, and has a fully upgraded Chibi Blaster & Zip Lash.

>PEPSIMAN is an unlockable character in the Japanese release of the game only, as he was removed in the US and PAL versions
They fucked up.

>no Robotnik

only thing i can complain about is no phantasy star 1-4 characters otherwise pretty good roster

This might be the stupidest thing I've seen about fighting games.

This game's roster will never not make me laugh.

>no OG Dante
>no Vergil or even Nelo Angelo
>no Cloud
>no Sephiroth
>no Lara Croft
>no Crash
>no Spyro
>no Ico & Yorda or Wander

What the fuck were they thinking?

Christ. Not even that much of a TMNT fan but ouch.

Strange part is that Bebop, Rocksteady, and Leatherhead were mentioned several times as being in the game then later on they started being non-committal about it.

Even if Laird was the reason the first two didn't make it, Leatherhead is from the original series and should have had no issue.

>Hey you know what this roster needs? A power up form that hasn't been relevant since the N64

Of all the forms they could've initially used, they went with metal of all things?

>no WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Unforgivable.

Blame Mario Golf 64 and the Smash Brothers series.

a stick
>if you break it, it well become another stick

Toadstool Tour was just as bad really

>Unlockable included Petey Shitstain Piranha and SHADOW MARIO
>no see it's not a MARIO clone it's a 2nd Bowser Jr :^)

Real talk, everyone loves to suck MAHVEL 2's dick off, but MAHVEL 3 really did have the superior roster and had better balance as a whole, so that there were more than just 4 characters worth using.

how is it a problem though when they add useless extra filler characters as long as all the important ones are there? just don't use, like, pink metal baby peach or cat-suit rosalina or whatever

>all important ones are there
>no Bowser Jr. or Diddy Kong

Jr. has been a core cast character since Sunshine, he had no reason to be excluded.

Still no CIA guy.
Also, Spider Man. Not enough thread derailing in this roster.

>Wonder Red

>Danger's coming, loomin' large
>has unlocked every Wonderful One
>needs to PROTECT EARTH
>is ready to mash the A button

A challenger appears

Sorry if it's already posted

is that fucking Ryo on the bottom left

yes

he drives an outrun arcade cabnet

>diddy kong
>core character
sure thing, and probably king k. rool as well
fuck off

Plus the Ferrari is censored because it's TOO LEWD

>Bad music

They should have just made an OC.

>Smash 4 has the worst roster in history
Are you literally retarded or are you the sort of person who maces a Gamestop employee because they're selling a game you don't like.

>wii fit trainer and miis do not respresent an important, albeit unfortunate, aspect of nintendo's history
the dumbest fucking thing i have read today please kill yourself

Tokyo team has been trying to phase him out for their waifu slutalina. He hasn't shown up in mainline for 2 1/2 games (Land World and Captain Ted), and it looks like he's not in Color Splash either.

F-Zero X had just released on the N64 the year prior.

youtube.com/watch?v=QTtQYuWbYZo

Smash 4's roster could've been better than it was, but everyone who acts like it's a massive trainwreck needs to be shot.

I think some of the characters, like Corrin, really did not need to be included, and there really were WAY too many FE characters. And instead of Cloud, I think we should've just had gotten a Black Mage to represent FF.

That said, some of you fuckers are ridiculous, like those people who actually thought Rosalina wouldn't make it in the game. Fuck, you people are dumb.

>all of a sudden people are defending Bowser Jr.
I remember the days when he was a Scrappy and no one liked him.

If it were up to me, he wouldn't be in Smash 4 at all.

He is, though. At least a semi-core character when he's with DK.

Didn't they have a poll for who should be added as DLC characters and Miku/Bayonetta were at the top?

>Rosalina
Unless she's a boss, that doesn't make sense.

That's because they wanted the Koopalings back.

>If it were up to me, he wouldn't be in Smash 4 at all.

Not him but I wouldn't do that. No Jr. in Smash 4, means no playable Koopalings in Smash 4 as well.

>like those people who actually thought Rosalina wouldn't make it in the game
But Rosalina's appearance in Smash was unexpected, though.

>That's because they wanted the Koopalings back.
And if the Koopalings weren't Bowser Jr.'s alts, how many people would be cool with him being in the game? Hell, now that they're back, you don't see a whole lot of Jr. fans out there.

>But Rosalina's appearance in Smash was unexpected, though.
If you were retarded. She was the most obvious and likely new Mario rep.

Is that Sterk from the Atelier Series?

Well, even if he's no longer a Scrappy, he's now a Base Breaking character.

>I think some of the characters, like Corrin, really did not need to be included, and there really were WAY too many FE characters
This is true, but at the end of the day I feel that good choices vastly outweigh any bad ones. Corrin and Dark Pit are absolutely retarded, of course, but the ability to play as Mewtwo or Dedede or Villager should vastly outweigh that.

We're pretty much at the bottom of the barrel anyway. When the only characters left that anyone cares about are a spin-off loli, a has-been villain, a dragon from a dead franchise, and the protagonist of a deader franchise, there's not that much room to complain.

>bowser junior is in competition with rosalina
the two have literally nothing in common, is this the level of retardation it takes to be a mario sports rosterfag

if it was daisy or even fucking pauline you'd have a point, but junior's squarely in competition with the koopalings at this point

GAYYYYYYYYY BONAH

Even his detractors praised his moveset. The Koopalings were merely an out for them not to attribute it to him. And he still has fans, they're just not as loud as the Koopaling bunch are.

no, it's censored because ferrari is copyrighted

>implying Namco doesn't have the ability to put her in Smash when they can for any other game

I never saw a single person guessing she would be included, at least not up until people learned she would be in 3D World, which wasn't even that long before her Smash reveal.

>When the only characters left that anyone cares about are a spin-off loli, a has-been villain, a dragon from a dead franchise, and the protagonist of a deader franchise, there's not that much room to complain.
Wait who are most of those characters? I only recognize Ridley. And fuck you, I want him in more than almost any other character.

>his moveset
Eh, I don't care for it myself. I guess it's kinda cool but I've never liked playing as him. I hate any projectile-spammer.

....and we're better for it. I love Earthbound now, thanks to Smash.

>I never saw a single person guessing she would be included, at least not up until people learned she would be in 3D World, which wasn't even that long before her Smash reveal.
Are you kidding? She was a fairly popular guess and plenty of people wanted her in.

Not sure about here but in other places, Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Toad were pretty much the most commonly guessed newcomers. Rosalina's support increased after she appeared in 3D World and Mario Kart 8. Most people gave up on Junior after Rosalina got revealed and even then, Junior just narrowly made it.

>1/2 is X
>1/3 is Y
>1/3 is Z
>3/8 = all the game.
Dude I hate that they added moeEmblem and Alt Pit as roster padding, but come on, stop shitposting.

>still no Toad
Fuck you, Sakurai. He should be one of the more obvious choices.

Just replace Peach's neutral-B with Toadsworth.

>Toadsworth

Retired for not being toad-y enough.

>Rabbids.
>Not Ubi's FUCKING MASCOT Rayman
Fuck Ubi. Seriously.

His Clown Car included drills, mecha-koopas cannons forks, saws, boxing gloves, a tongue, all with his brush as a Final Smash. The kit itself is a solid idea, it just works horribly in action. People were making Gurren Lagann jokes for a while.
His trailer helped too: youtube.com/watch?v=yk2zTyAUjyo

I'm still holding out for some hope.

Also maybe Toadette instead?

Toad might get in next game as Captain Toad. Maybe.

He'd fucking better.

i still dont understand the gameplay but this roster had beat and bd joe and ulala which are god tier picks
everything else is hilariously shit though

Still a bit unexpected, otherwise.

>always wanted to play this game for Darth Vader
>never will be able to
Fucking Starkiller being in was bullshit though.

I.M. Meen

Nobody in the arena has good grammar

user MVC2s music is laughably bad.

>bottom of the barrel
EXCUSE ME? We're not even halfway there! SO many potential characters they could pull out of the hat, and they go with an unnecessarily character from an over repped series and a fan favorite who has no business being in Smash.

Are Toad and Captain Toad the same char? In 3D World, they said the blue Toad is THE Toad.

Opinions?

The problem is, CAPT Toad is a "established" character. A Blue Toad is just a colored Toad. And Red Toads are more iconic.
Face it, only Captain is going to make it playable at this point. They can even pull the "Warioware series" effect where Toad's alts are his classic look, but Captain is his default.

It has the entire KI cast with amazing new characters.

There's this weird code that EAD has with other characters not made by them. It's a shame, really. Mario Baseball could have had more to it than just the recolors. Hell, I was expecting a Wii U game with more characters.

EAD didn't make Wario either, technically. Or Waluigi for that matter.

I think Wart and Mouser might just be with them only being allowed in Super Mario Bros 2/USA? Doki Doki Panic was a licensed game in Japan.

Fugitoid prevents this from being a 1/10 roster.

Instead it's a 3/10

It's not bad, it's just very unfitting.

I'm already sold due to pic related.

Some wario ware characters would be amazing.

Eyes of Heaven

Not saying I don't want C. Toad in any more games, it's just that Nintendo be making it confusing on rather there is a Toad named Toad or not. If there is no such thing as a Toad character named Toad before C. Toad, then I kind of blame the old cartoons and some prime guides for making me believed this.

How exactly is this different from a new Warriors Orochi?

the roster is alright, if missing some pretty important characters
the problem is the game itself

We must have gone to completely different websites, then. All I recall is people saying the gematsu leaker guy didn't include her because she was the only reveal that wasn't an obvious guess.

>complaining about a roster in a racing game

You must be a faggot.

>That time when Capcom kept pushing Tessa, but there was only one Red Earth game.

Red Earth today could have been a perfect hybrid between RPG, BeatEmUp and Fighting game. So said to never see it's true potential.

Who cares? They shouldn't be there.

Literally the only issue with it is having two pucci's and 2 diego's

if they comsplidated the pucci's into one, and got rid of alt world diego, and replaced them with FF and Sandman, it'd be litterally perfecy

>Gamefaqs
>this very site
>Neogaf
All of those were ones that I either frequented or lurked. Rosalina was a fairly popular request everywhere I looked.

It's fucking Mario Kart

Most of the roster was C+P'd (literally, models and everything) from ASB and had some really dumb additions (fucking N'doul, Mariah, and Pet Shop made it in)

>Lain
>She is connected and is wearing the bear suit
Open and shut, she wins

>those secret waifu characters

Wario was added in the Mario spin-offs at an early period, when this code didn't exist. Same with Donkey Kong. At some point, it was more or less accepted as tradition to include both in the games for the sake of it. Plus, Wario IS the face of two series, and Waluigi can easily be a partner for him in tennis and such.

Guys like Wart and Mouser and Captain Syrup are much more distanced from Mario, in the sense of either being one-offs or not even having a role in a Mario game (Syrup and the WarioWare cast). I don't know, they just seem to do what they want at this point. Hope you like Nabbit and Rosalina.

Bowser and Mewtwo (and also Pit, King Dedede and Wolf) were actually planned but Sakurai was given limited time with 64 as well as a really small budget.

This.

Lesser compared to the other vets. They only had time for 12 vets when they decided to have 4 new characters. And out of those 12, Waluigi was not important enough.

Nintendo in general just seems to dread acknowledging any part of the Mario series that isn't already acknowledged in the NSMB series.

Characters like Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Daisy are just lucky to have been in enough spinoffs to have become considered standard. Any others who don't have that luxury are completely fucked.

It really better be Koei Tecmo all stars instead of 85% Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi and maybe 1 rep each from their other series if we even get one.

I swear to christ if I don't see a Tecmo Bowl rep, either as cannon fodder or an actual playable character I'm gonna flip my shit

Wasn't Cloud being in Smash pretty close to the FFVII remake announcement? Squeenix probably saw it as a good shilling opportunity for the FF7 remake.

>Lesser compared to the other vets
>Lesser than Shy Guy or even Koopa Troopa

Toadette was forgotten about in 2008 but then suddenly in 2015 she was revived and now she's fucking everywhere.

What about Birdo? She's basically the only character besides Shy Guys/Pokeys/Bob-ombs to appear outside of SMB2/DDP more often.

Koopa was around since the SNES days. He's more vet than Waluigi will ever be.

But fuck Shy Guy.

Same thing I said to the other user. Seniority actually keeps things from being just Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser. It's only a matter of time until the old guard steps down or dies off and some fresh blood comes in like with Splatoon.

Birdo only showed up to be Yoshi's doubles partner.

I'll fucking riot if they ever stop including daisy, though 8(

(super mario land was my very first mario game ever and Ive always played daisy in the spinoff games where she was a selectable character ever since)

Are they adding more? I'm eagerly waiting for Bagan and that other guy to finish up K. Rool.

I'm pretty sure he's black, mate.

Wario at least has WarioWare (rip Wario Land) and Donkey Kong has DKC
Waluigi and Daisy have fucking nothing

>daisy [has] nothing
it burns :(
I also just got a picture of someone giving a hot girl a foot massage as one of my capcha choices and now I have a boner. from a capcha image. WTF

This is without a doubt the Shittiest roster in any game. Sir Dan is the only thing that even remotely saves it. Christ Sony are cheap bastards.
>Two fucking Coles
>Donte
Rumour has it they wanted the other Dante but you can blame Capcom for that.

Wario was in SM64.

but that was when ninty was c o o l

Daisy and Waluigi didn't really have anything outside of sports to begin with.

No Mona
No Jimmy T
No Funky Kong
No King K Rool
No Captain Syrup
No Wart
No Tatanga
No Pauline
No Fawful

I could go on and on

the Mario series has such a rich and expansive universe and yet all we ever get are the same old generic fuckwads. Let's get some variety up in this bitch. This is why I don't buy these games anymore.

Why do you want Daisy and Waluigi forced into Mario games?

Spike from Ape Escape is legit though.

Fawful is L I T E R A L L Y dead.

what is a E.Gadd? Ive been playing video games all my life so I know alot about video games, the first game I ever played was Uncharted and that had the best roster of all time.

I never knew of E.Gadd did it come out on PS3?

I don't really care for Daisy, but I wish they would do something with Waluigi, at least in WarioWare or something

So is Tatanga

daisy was in super mario land though
waluigi really doesnt have ANYTHING though

Baffling? Yes
Terrible? Nigga please, with Joe Musashi and Vyse I'm set.

>Rescue Team: All Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn starters plus Pikachu, Meowth, Machop, Cubone, Eevee, and Psyduck.

>Explorers of Time/Darkness: All Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters plus Pikachu, Meowth, Eevee, and Munchlax

>Explorers of Sky: All Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters plus Pikachu, Eevee, Phanpy, Riolu, Shinx, and Vulpix

>Gates to Infinity: Unova starters, Pikachu, and Axew

I still want a Mario and Luigi game with them in it.

(You)

Have Luma hover near Rosalina again and I'll give 20/10

This game's roster is so bizarre it circles back to being good. One day it'll even be a snapshot of 2012-2014.

love the style

i hope you know you just look retarded as hell

Not really. Games like Mario Kart games before DD doesn't make her partner up with Yoshi

According to who? Roy and Morton are in my top 5 with Wario, Waluigi, and Donkey Kong.

Fuck outta here, faggot.

You read my mind user

This. MK7 had a far, far worse roster.
>No Walugi
MK8 had the best roster in any Mario Kart game, and 7 was only better than the original and 64.

>games no one gives a shit about
>left out miku

you have to be a literal 12 year old

Tatanga appeared along side with Wario in SML2. I don't think I remembered him dying at all.

Fixed it

Killer Instinct has a pretty amazing roster now that Season 3 is finished up.

I really doubt Mario Kart would worry too much about that

KOS-MOS needs more love. I love that she's in PXZ2.

Arthur Fonzarelli
>he's been called out in front of all his friends
>someone messed up his jacket

To be honest, if they just kept Lucina as a costume to Marth and never added Roy in as DLC, Very few people would be complaining. Ike is loved by everyone except for the saltiest anti-"anime" fags, Marth is the original, and Corrin and Robin are really fun and unique.

>no dry bowser

kys

>Koopa was around since the SNES days
You mean arcade days, bro.

at least none of them save for Luigi were just clones and/or literally whos added just to promote new games

I am looking at you Royfags

I meant in Kart.

>No Gex the Gecko

The roster was doomed from the start.

underrated post

Roy in Melee was justified, unless you want me to point you to;
>Ness
>Capt.Falcon
>Ice Climbers
>Marth
Yes Marth, no one in US knew jack shit of FE, let alone all the other chars I mentioned. Hell, people STILL didn't fucking know Samus was a girl back then, and Ness and Capt were already playable prior to Melee and people were still clueless.

Corin is not the same as Roy. Everyone knows everything today, there's no reason for shilling moeEmblem shit today.

Oh, my bad, famalam.

So was bowser at one point

Characters from games that are not yet released are not justified. All of those other character came from released games that actually had fans (even if those fans were all Japanese)

I feel like they should have put all duplicates like the yoshi/shy guy recolors

>select Mario
>Mario
>Metal Mario
>Raccoon Mario
>Fire Mario, whatever

Koopalings all under one slot too

>Koopalings all under one slot too

holy fuck enough with this meme this is not smash, putting them in one slot does not magically give you six more characters, they are not alts, they all have their own stats and still required as much time to make as any other unique character

a Koopaling =/= a recolored Shy Guy/Yoshi

>gee sony how come your mom makes you use TWO coles
>No Crash or Spyro
>forced to use DmC Donte and MGR Raiden to shill
>Bioshock was a Microsoft Exclusive for a year
>Dart Field was dumped in favor of having Zeus as DLC

They have different sizes, so that wouldn't work too well unless they go the Smash 4 route.

>a Koopaling =/= a recolored Shy Guy/Yoshi
yes it is fuck off

I wanna be The Guy.

>Good Dong representation
>Good Mario representation
This roster looks pretty fucking sick desu.

>compounded atop bad music
nice one, this bait would've failed without that last part. here's your (You).

>Melee had a shitload of clones
>64 is too primitive to be compared to any of the other titles

Its a shame that ice climbers and wolf were lost between brawl and 4. losing snake was kind of inevitable

I didn't really like Corrin (it felt that it was more to cash in/generate hype for fire emblem revelations than anything), but hey, at the very least he had an original moveset.

Dr. Mario and Lucina are a bit of a slap to the face, but dark pit is a goddamn travesty. So many weapons to pick and the only new thing he gets is his shitty staff (the bow is acceptable since he is a clone of pit, and the bow is pit's trademark).

Smash 4 did do a very great job at handling the third parties though. Megaman's final smash is pure fanservice.

To be honest i'd just do away with all the needless variants (no metal mario, no metal peach, no costume mario/peach, no babies beyond baby mario and luigi) and replace them with actually interesting characters.

This is stupid. Mr Domino wins. No one can stop Mr Domino.

>no mantis shrimp as secret broly type unlock

>Characters from games that are not yet released are not justified.
Under what rule? Not Sakurais.
Also, with your shit logiacal, all those cool ass Hell trophies in Melee of shit that wasn't offically revealed from the games they came from would be cut because "muh rules".
Fuck off, there's absolutely no good excuse anyone can say against this shit other than "Americucks don't like muh boy in FE and that matters more for some shit fuck reason after the fact".

>Power puff girls each get a slot
>Flapjack and K'nuckles seperate slots
>Dexter but no Deedee, no Mandark
>No EE&E
>LOL 2 BENS
>the fucking Toilenator
>super secret character is Captain Planet

Also I think what pisses me off more than anything is that characters in the same IP aren't grouped together. You've got Teen Ben in the top left corner, Young Ben near the bottom and Kevin and Vilgax above him diagonally?

>>super secret character is Captain Planet

you say that as if it's a bad thing

Oh that I didn't mean as a bad thing. Still an odd choice but cool

her user, have the most recent version

>left the koopalings

Gex didn't originate on the PlayStation though. Ever heard of the 3DO?

Nah. Daisy has to get something first. Sarasaland and the wacky surreal nature of it is wasted potential and ANYONE who disagrees is a fucking faggot

One of the fucking kingdoms of Sarasaland, Muda, has a connection to the Bermuda Triangle and UFOs so it boggles me it didn't get at least one mention in Galaxy

>still using the miscolored Ether Rex pic

c'mon son. Fix it.

I legitimately agree with this

MvC2 was just a copy paste job. It was really X-men and Friends vs Street Fighter and friends.

Talk shit on MvC3 all you want, its a significantly better representation of both companies.

To be fair, they did get shafted HARD over the licensing, as far as i know, like being forced to use donte rather than dante just to advertise DmC.

It's such a weird mix of awesome (Mars People, Zero, both secret bosses, actually using Demitri instead of Morrigan "eh, why update these textures" Aensland for the zillionth time) and awful (I shouldn't even have to say it).

I know it'll never happen, but I would love to see a proper, finished SVC. A legit crossover of lots of different franchises and KOF-style gameplay would be basically my ideal fighting game.

>Original Dawn of War lacks Tyranids, a swarmy as fuck race
>DOW2, a game with much less units on the map, has Tyranids

Boo for one

Best roster for any Mario sports game

>Mario, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi, DK
>Daisy, Rosalina + Luma, Waluigi, Wario, Diddy Kong
>Funky Kong, Trixie Kong, Tiny Kong
>Tatanga, Wart, Mouser, Shy Guy, Snifit, Boo, Koopa...
>Captain Syrup, Mona, Ashley, Pauline, 8 Volt
>Bowser Jr and the Koopalings

Anything else?

the guy who made it was a no name guy before this game. he had no favors in the industry and made do with what he had.

...yeah the ghosts from mario ghost houses have been such a maninstay character in the kart racing offshoot series ._.

Yes it does you double nigger, smash is firstly a video game and secondly a commercial, if i wanted to see fucking ads i would watch television, when hacks are allowed to get away with shit like this it gives them the opportunity to do far worse stuff later and you won't be able to do shit about it

>Tatanga
>Wart
>Mouser
>Snifit
>Captain Syrup
>Mona
>Ashley
>Pauline
>8 Volt

No, we really don't need any of these. Hell, even the Kongs are REALLY pushing it but I'll let it slide because they sometimes slip into rosters.

Just because they're "unique" doesn't make them good, obscurity a good roster does not make, I would legit add King Boo, and not even Luigi's Mansion King Boo but regular "big boo with crown" King Boo, before any of these guys.

Nor did Big Daddy, Heihachi Mishima, Dante or Raiden. Your point?

shit taste, kill yourself

There were in the previous entries, and are just as iconic as Shy guy and Pirahna Plants.

You have the same boring conformist mentality as the same people who make the Mario games I see

Fuck it, let's add King K Rool

It's a Mario spin-off, there should be MARIO characters. Half the roster should not be obscure Wario characters you're desperate to see again in any capacity. Even when a Mario spin-off does branch off into "let's add a few spin-off bros i guess", they're never more than one or two. Funky Kong for MKWii is as outrageous as they got, discounting Sluggers.

I could easily think of ten immediate staple Mario characters that people actually recognize that could fill those slots.

But Dante and Raiden actually did originate on the Playstation.

Well maybe not the version of Dante in the game, but OG Dante was. The whole DMC franchise was exclusive to the PS2 during that whole generation.

>character select even looks like a bad MUGEN set-up

Why include the boxes around the giant portraits?

I fucking hate 7 because it's such a mediocre and bland game but it got the best selection of retro tracks wasted on it.

>Trixie Kong
Dixie, and also, where the hell are Toad, Toadette, and Birdo?

>character select even looks like a bad MUGEN set-up

Well it's pretty much an official Capcom MUGEN

/thread

I'm still confused about this one. Why the fuck did Nintendo think it would be cool to replace side characters like Petey, Dry Bones, Wiggler, etc with literal clones, and the Koopalings?

Like, holy fuck, man. Why didn't they just do what they did with Smash, and make them recolors of Bowser Jr or Bowser? The Yoshis and Shy Guys are proof that they could.

Wow, dude. While you have a point, you're seriously acting like putting just one character from any spin-offs is make a roster bad. What the hell do you against Funky or Dixie?

Tekken started on PS1 (or rather arcade but you get my point) and was a sony exclusive until Tekken 6.

Metal Gear solid started on PS1 and DMC started on PS2 so these are fair game except they used MGR Raiden and DmC Donte to advertise their games which hadn't come out yet.

Big Daddy is the dumbest because Bioshock was a 360 exclusive for a year. I think it was only put in on Ken Levine's request

The Koopalings have different body proportions.

But they could have been separated into a Bowser (heavy) set, and a Bowser Jr. (medium) set. It would have been perfect.

this plus rosalina , nabbit and the koopalings would make the perfect Mario Kart 9 roster

Birdo

Koopalings have different weights and at least some originality to them.

Meanwhile boring alts like metal mario, tanooki mario, cat peach, pink gold peach and the baby princesses are still there.

Yoshi colors were DLC added after the base game shipped, originally there was only green

hes the final boss

Just the concept of this game is cringe

Too many characters, don't you think?

That's not how it works. This isnt Smash. You wouldn't have gotten more characters by doing that.

You complaint about reshuffling how the Koopalings work literally applies to the other clones. None of them are in the same weight classes, and have different proportions, models and voices, but certain characters should have been simple recolors/model changes that doesn't effect anything else.

Mario, Luigi, Peach
>Default
>Metal
>Tanooki
>Fuck, even things like Fire Flower or some shit

Bowser
>Default
>Ludwig
>Roy
>Morton

Bowser Jr.
>Default
>Ludwig
>Lemmy
>Harry
>Wendy

The argument applies to both sets of characters, and would be a better design choice.

You'd think so, but each have totally new models (except metals), totally newly animated expressions, and new voices recorded (both incluing metals).

more variety . less of one character online, take out baby DK and Blooper then it should be fine

>no Alis Landale
>no Bocke Lee Tenjin
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Speaking of

What's the difference?

>Ubisoft
>Having a mascot
Just because he's a cartoony platforming character doesn't make him a company mascot

They took the lazy route. You really think they would have pushed out a console Mario Kart with handheld-amounts of characters? They chose between adding more characters that have appeared in the series before and simply spreading out their clones and skins as separate characters.

At least when Smash does it they're fundamentally different and not just a different model/color.

>Get Yoda for the PS3 version back when SC4's online was big
>All the hatemail
Good times

Well, that could work (i think grouping morton and roy with bowser wouldn't work, not much on weight-wise, but thematically). But to be honest, my complaint here is that there is no goddamn reason for two literal reskins of existing characters and two costumes being separate characters.

Like its literally just mario and peach with a metallic texture slapped over them/the animal themed powerups and some sound effects/different voicelines on them.

Meanwhile the koopalings have their own personalities and designs.

>half fe characters
>one third Pokemon
>one third ki characters

that is literally 116% you colossal faggot.

But having the Koopalings in the same slot doesn't change anything.

>not thinking Hornet, the hunk of meat, and the AM2 Palm Tree weren't the tightest shit.

>It's a Koei Tecmo crossover clusterfuck game that even has characters from RPGs
>There won't be a single reference to Monster Rancher, not even a random Suezo in the background

>Meanwhile the koopalings have their own personalities and designs

Honestly, in a Kart game, would it hurt having each set act like Bowser and Bowser Jr respectively? I mean, you never actually see them interact, Bowser and his skins would just be big and tough, while Bowser Jr and his skins would be silly, comical and childish.

You're right, if they decided to patch it and change it that way, nothing would actually change. But if they had decided to do that in the beginning stages of the game, they would have been forced to put in more characters so Cred Forums wouldn't complain about having half a roster.

>Holly or Colt won't be your item vendor
>no enemy monsters instead of generic peon set #24898
>no boss fight against Jaquio or Bloody Malth

>Have to play the game for 84 hours to unlock the Palm Tree
That's pretty bullshit
Also I don't think I saw anyone post this yet

Another senior since the N64 days.

whoa you can change colors in mk8??

>Danica Patrick
>Football Manager

What a game.

I can get the Fire Emblem hate, but complaining that there's 6 Pokemon is silly. It's a series with over 800 characters and they're all completely unique in playstyle, theme and appearance.

Fire Emblem also has a huge amount of characters but the difference is they pretty much all amount to humans with capes and swords.

only for yoshi and shyguy if you bought both dlc packs

Gilius and Joe save this

I'd settle for absolutely any nod to the existence of Monster Rancher, honestly.

Tecmo used to put Monster Rancher easter eggs in their other games (Dolls of Monsters appear in DoA2 as collectibles, and an actual Suezo appears as a trap you can set in Tecmo's Deception) but they basically pretend it doesn't exist anymore.

Fuck off, Metal Mario and Dry Bowser fucking rule. Link and Isabelle are cool, literally everyone loves them.

>Sprixie
Shitty version of Baby Rosalina and adding recolors would be too demanding

>Plessie
Nobody fucking likes water dinosaurs, Yoshi is enough anyway.

>Nabbit
Literally a NSMB character.

>King Boo
Best you'll get is a normal King Boo with a normal king's crown, not that ugly OC shit.

>Diddy King
Shit character made by inbred british faggots.

>Robo Mario
Is that your fucking SMBZ OC or some shit? Fucking autistics.

>Mona Pizza
Not canon shit. Ashley would be better anyway.

>Capain Syrup
Who?

>Dino Pirhannah
Just put in Petey, not an edgelord version of him.

>Mouser
Who? From Kirby Squeqk Squad? No Kirby shit autistic, it's MARIO Kart.

>Wart
Never, we already have Bowser. What's the point of a second Bowser, dipshit?

>Tatanga
Did you just have a stroke?

>Goombario
Epic OC Goomba! So deep and complex! Why have a retarded version of a goomba instead of a real one?

>Prince Peasely
The pillow faggot? Fuck him, we already have Toad.

All of your choices are fucking weird shit that would weird people out, making people not buy it. And not even a complaint about SEVEN FUCKING IDENTICAL KOOPALINGS. Not even a mention of Bowser Jr, fuck you autistic.

Smash 4 easily has the best roster in video game history, and the only people autistic enough to complain about it should be put down for being a societal drain.

Oh shit, speaking of Deception KT would make me happy as shit if they put Millennia in the new Musou game.

So they won't.

Brawl's was better. Not nearly as much dumb fluff, no shitty gimmicky characters that are a chore to fight against.

If you think the game where Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife and Mewtwo get to beat the tar out of eachother isn't the tightest shit, get the fuck out of my face.

If Smash 4 came out when I was a kid I would have creamed myself.

What baffles me is how hung up people got over this. It's not like a fighter where reskinned characters share a moveset. There's only one moveset and seven weight classes. Characters are purely cosmetic.

>4 fucking Marios
>6 Peaches
>The fucking Koopalings but somehow no Bowser Jr.

Shy Guy and Laki are good additions atleast

Pac-Man's cool, the rest would be fine staying in crossovers on fanfiction.net

>Adding Gustshit despite only acquiring them a few years ago

They should just change up the system. Make 7 "classes" and have different models. They can share vehicles, just reposition the models limbs and shit.

It'd make more sense for heavier, but still small, characters to be in bigass karts anyway, it allows for better balancing too. Holy fuck why isn't this just the default?

Sonic was already in Brawl. And Snake was in that game well.

Laki sucks as an addition, though, only cool newcomers were Larry, Morton, Wendy, Roy, Lemmy, and Ludwig (fuck Iggy). Shy Guy was in MKDS, Lacking-tu was in MK7, they aren't new. Your other 2 newcomers are Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach.

Eh, maybe. Giving them ALL one animation set would feel a bit cheap (breaking them down in smaller groups by size/weight would work better).

>I mean, you never actually see them interact, Bowser and his skins would just be big and tough, while Bowser Jr and his skins would be silly, comical and childish.
No offense, but you still didn't get my point with the 'personality' thing.

Look at the koopalings: Morton is the brute, Roy is the cool guy, wendy is the bratty fashion girl, ludwig is, well, a bizarre mix of beethoven and gamera. Yeah, they may be kinda boring, but hey, they are different characters at least.

Now lets take a look at metal mario and pink gold peach. They are LITERALLY mario and peach with slightly different animations, a metallic texture and a sound filter over their voices. Absolutely nothing remotely interesting about them, and no reason for them to be a separate character beyond weight. Same goes for tanooki mario and cat peach.

What i'm saying is that at least the koopalings bring in some degree of variety when compared to shit that has absolutely no reason to exist like pink gold peach.

Didn't care about them either, but at least SSE made Snake a neat oddity, along with his codec thing.

>not hype for Tanooki Mario's trick animations which turn him into Statue Mario with the SMB3 sound effects

True. Its still kinda jarring to have another mario, but at least he had something going on, and is the only one out of the needless alts that is worth salvaging.

Cat peach is still a waste of space though.

I'm glad this didn't happen and they were all threated as unique individuals. I got what I wanted and you didn't, that work is already done and can be ported on and enhanced in later MK games. Shame about the rest of the roster though, hopefully the next game throws in some cool shit like fan favorite staples, RPG characters, Wart, and Wario stuff.

MK8 made me hate Morton due to his voice and when I stopped playing it almost 80 percent of people were racing as him or Bowser.

>No offense, but you still didn't get my point with the 'personality' thing.
I do understand, I get that each koopaling has their own quirks and personalities, but in a game where you're looking at the backs of their heads all game, having Morton and Roy both flex or look smug you could still say that Morton is a brute, and that Roy is just being cool.

Maybe Wendy would be the only problem from getting this to work, because yes I agree that neither the "Arrogant, brutish big guy" or "Childish, silly little kids" personalities applies to her.

They could have the same animations, bar Wendy, and act exactly the same way as another problem set of characters that are in the game right now, and just group them to get rid of the problems altogether. They could have scrubbed up a 7-class roster to being a new design choice for the series, allowing them to focus on making new models without having to worry about fucking around with anything else.

HEY, HEY, HEEEY!
GYAAAAAUUGH!
GYUH huUH HUH hyuUHK!

My only beef is that I preferred Ludwig's NSMBW voice (though his new voice suits him too), and Lemmy should have his Mario is Missing voice.

And I must add that Nintendo already showed off they know how to do this with the addition of the Shy Guy and Yoshi recolors. While yes, they are simple recolors, they could have easily done the same with each character. Could have had a super light dry bones as a koppa skin. The possibilities if they had just stuck to 7 karts, and simple model changes.

Gust is good, though.

the fact that they only have donte and not Uncle Dante is truly sad

Sm4sh

There's definitely a bit too much FE and Dr. Mario/Lucina/Dark Pit if anything are simply 'fuck it' alts made standalone, but otherwise the roster is actually pretty solid.

And I still miss the Ice Climbers

well somehow they put all the fucking koopalings in and no Bowser Jr.

>And I still miss the Ice Climbers

Not him but they'll be back next game, assuming the hardware is good enough.

oh fuck, the guy and the ravens and you're set

This roster is so stupid that it becomes great again

If the next Nintendo platform is the hybrid handheld/home thing some are claiming it to be, who knows

Thank god for that, at least.

>I'm glad this didn't happen and they were all threated as unique individuals. I got what I wanted and you didn't, that work is already done and can be ported on and enhanced in later MK games.
I don't get it. This whole time i was trying to argue that at least the koopalings at least have some degree of originality, and the other alts (aside from tanooki mario) wouldn't make a damn difference as their own slots.

Also stop being a smug cunt with the "i got what i wanted and you didn't" shit.

Yeah, the whole anitmation part was a bit because of smash. While having the other koopalings in the game is neat, they still feel kinda off. Like you can really see they just slapped a new model on top of bowser jr without much care.

With a bit of work, the shared animations could work really well, and they could easily do the same process for stuff like metal mario or other character variants, possibly keeping their weights (like a dry bones being a lighter koopa troopa or metal mario still being a heavier mario).

Thats also something smash could probably copy/benefit of. I mean, i bet less people would complain about dork pit and lucina if they were variants.

there have been a quiet clamoring for an Atelier Musou game so there is that.

I thought the roster was pretty good.

But what a time to see sony pushing those two cats with SFxT and Sony Smash.

Whats the "41"?

This would have been PSASBR's roster if Sony weren't so cheap on time constraints...

Whats up with Venom Snake's text?

Then:
>Boo from 3, Birdo from 2, Shy Guy from 2, Daisy from Land, Donkey Kong Jr as seen in DK '94, and a brand new character are all in Mario Tennis! So unexpected!
Now:
>Cool, the Koopalings. Besides that, more standard predictable Mario fare we've been getting for a decade and a half... And a new baby of a character already in the game, and a new recolor of a character already in the game. And they've made reskins of characters already in the game, for DLC.

Can't wait for Bronze Daisy and Baby Wario next time around.

>Ralph
>not adding the only character from the same movie who has a fucking kart into a racing kart game
Fucking morons.

youtube.com/watch?v=LnGUhhoNhdQ

It wouldn't be right to have Blasto without Phil Hartman's voice though

And also from the same game as Mouser and Wart, so is Shy Guy.

They only made it to Mario Tennis because they were in Super Mario RPG anyway, Birdo was even the focus of one of its Japanese commercials.

it's a good roster imo, sure it's missing a few characers from the older games but there aren't really any bad choices besides metal peach, tanooki mario, cat peach and dry bowser.

>Happy Eurovision Drummer
>Has been told that drumming will be made illegal if he loses

>stop being a smug cunt
Not happening. I got what I wanted and I'm in a fabulous mood today. None of your ideas are any good, and I am glad nothing like them happened to MK8, or will ever happen in future Mario Karts. Your shared animations idea is retarded, his shared sizes and body types, as you've been arguing, is ten times more retarded. Why even discuss this anyway? The thing I wanted already happened. At least complain about time wasted on the unique animationd given to the 3 other Marios, 3 other Peaches, the other Bowser, and the other 3 babies, something nobody here likes.

>some faggot rom yogscast
>football manager
>TF2
>Destroy-it-Dan
What did they mean by these?

Also who's the Louis C.K. looking guy between the yogscast faggot and the russian commander?

Sega has a lot of odd franchises

>not liking Mouser

>ctrl+f
>literally
>20 matches [now 21]

holy shit Cred Forums

wait what the fuck, when

>posting SC4 instead of SC5
nigga, no

There is literally nothing wrong with using the word 'literally'.

>she's basically the only character besides every other character

>didn't even bring back Talim even though she was only like 15 in SC2-4 and thus would've only had been in her early 30's in V
>brought back Ivy anyway
I never actually played it but what the fuck, man?

>wanting to shove rosalina into even more franchises
holy shit fuck off

>posing only 3rd best Loud

Fuck that
Posting best roster

>Star Rush is Diddy's playable Mario Party debut.
Hate me Cred Forums, but that's going to sell me.

If they'd throw Ashley in, I'd buy 2.

Requesting Navy Seal Copypasta guy.

THIS
H
I
S

Only roster in Metal Slug you might complain about is 4.

At first I thought Trevor was cool, but as time went by I realized he didn't really need to be there. Nadia was OK, I guess.

I'd put down:

>Tables Turn is playing
>has just engaged Unlimited Form
>needs to PROTECT EARTH
>is ready to mash the A button

I actually like SCV a lot, it's just got a mediocre roster.
I'd recommend it.

Gotta wonder how often that happens.

SOME

Literally the best. After Leni.

Same guy as , but i'd also like to request Broly.
>His power is maximum
>Is SSJ4
>He has just seen KAKAROTTO

BODY

She's 2nd best.

This is the only Xbone exclusive I wish was multiplat. If you own an Xbone and don't own this game, you are a massive tool.

youtube.com/watch?v=dQFUA2cr1fw

why is there a fat ginger cunt on the bottom right

Ryu is freelance, not like its a particularly deep relationship.
Now snake and Cloud on the hand, that's stinging.

Pretty sure Rey only went to Luke to give his light-saber back.

I think my Shrek was better. Though I couldn't play Devil Jin for shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=668A0Y_lXUs&feature=youtu.be

50 Man-At-Arms
vs
100 Lions

WHO WINS

I keep forgetting that show even exists since I never watch Nickelodeon anymore. I'm more of a CN guy.

I've managed to catch it a few times though and I liked what I watched. Couldn't tell you which best Loud was though.

Yup, and nothing ever came of it.

>Zelda DLC
>no Zelda, no Ganondorf, or any handful of other options
>more fucking Mario and Peach instead

>Sakurai didn't even want Corrin in, but executives convinced him otherwise.
Proof?

Add in that Mario has M10922 pitch conserved.

>no Captain fucking Falcon
I was mad. Still kinda am. I don't even honestly CARE for the roster in a fucking mascot kart racing game. I've never cared too much past Double Dash, because honestly, I end up just choosing Rosalina or my Mii anyway. But you mean to tell me that you put not one, but TWO iconic F-Zero tracks in that game and the Blue Falcon as a kart, but didn't include the main character of the whole F-Zero franchise? But you include Cat fucking Peach and Isabella? Fuck that shit.

And Nintendo wonders why no one buys F-Zero when they never properly do anything for it.

>or some other fucker from the games.
Who?

At the time, this was literally it. Amy was stretching. really.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Robotnik were the only Sonic game characters at all. Amy was just a girl at the end of CD.

Pepsi Man didn't exist in America, but they could put his old commercials from back then on American TV now and it'd be a huge fucking hit.

>10 percent equals 100 percent

The sad part is I only think the Transformed roster is bad because it's missing characters that were deliberately removed from the first game for who fucking knows
Examples include:
>Big the Cat
>Bonanza Bros.
>Jacky & Akira
>Zobio & Zobiko

Since it was sold as an Animal Crossing DLC, Isabelle made sense.

Dry Bowser makes no fucking sense at all though. People had been asking for Dry Bones for a while up until the DLC announcements.

>fuck you, here's a Bowser re-skin

>Since it was sold as an Animal Crossing DLC, Isabelle made sense.
I'm biased as hell since I couldn't care less about AC. But I did like the AC course, I have to admit.

Even still,
>no Captain Falcon at all
Fuck you too, Nintendo.

Rosy was also in the first and second zones, and stardust speedway, and was prominent in the Japanese manual. I don't mind when modern Amy is gone though.

Sonic should have had his car from Sonic Drift as an alt vehicle.

Is that fucking Kiddie Kong?

>at least in WarioWare or something
No, keep him the fuck out.

Baby Donkey Kong the Third.

I'm still mad about Diddy Kong

ISABELLE, YOU FUCKING SPIC.

BELLE.

It's on PC also.

Is it just Isabelle? I genuinely thought it was "Isabella."

That shows just how many fucks I don't give about that character or that franchise.

This roster is great. Definitely better than the Capcom Vs SNK rosters, where it's just Street Fighter Vs. King of Fighters.

How does this roster even work? Mario and Wario have been selected, but Mario isn't on the roster screen and Wario looks like he still needs to be unlocked?

>first two rows are mostly acceptable
>third row goes full fucking retard

Wauigi should star in his own gardening sim that behaves similar to Harvest Moon. No self-pity, no cheating, no anger. Just jovial, casual, happy Waluigi in a nice rural part of the Mushroom World with some sweet and friendly new characters as NPCs. Waluigi in his down time, doing what he really loves.

Until the flower competitions role around.

The fuck is this

Only two women? Two japs and THREE americans? Nevermind that T.Hawk obviously isn't fucking mexican and spaniards aren't ninjas. I thought this was about fighters around the world, yet there's 16 characters and not one from Africa or Australia.

Roster sucks balls desu senpai

My favorite Mario Sports roster.

There's a Mario Amiibo for him too.

Good grief, this was awful.

Shoulda been...
>SF2: Ryu, Chun, Guile, Zangief
>SFA: Sakura, Guy, Rose, Dan
>SF3: Alex, Ibuki, Yun, Dudley
>DS: Morrigan, Felicia, Demitri, Talbain
>Other: Tessa, Jill, Strider, Megaman
>Villains: Bison, Akuma, Gill, Jedah, Scion

And no waifushit solar-powered mary sue