I-I-Is it still coming?

I-I-Is it still coming?

Just cancel the damn thing

No idea. The Ratchet and Clank movie was a disaster of a film, but the game tie in was very successful. The moview was just 80 minutes of pre-rendered game cutscenes with no gameplay. If you own the game you pretty much already own the movie on Blu-Ray except it's not missing all the fun game parts.

It's possible that the Sly movie is still coming, but it would probably have to be with more direct supervision from Sony unless it's the same deal as R&C where the game and movie were developed in tandem and sharing art assets. I don't really see why the movie is needed at that point, because it's basically just an incomplete and sloppily cobbled together version of the game.

Maybe not to theaters after how R&C bombed horribly

Maybe they'll release it on DVD or make it exclusive to the PSN store, assuming they go ahead and actually start production.

No clue why they didn't ask Sly's game actor to voice him in the trailer for this.

Don't they not even have Sly's VA?

Right, in the trailer, he was voiced by Johnny Test's dad

which is funny, because Ratchet is voiced by Johnny Test himself

*whipcracks*

I hope not. The Ratchet flick was unbearable. If I hadn't taken my little brother to see it I would have walked out of the theater within the first 15 minutes.

I fucking hope not, it looks like shit

I wonder if they'll make a tie-in game that's basically a "remake" of Thievius Raccoonus with several of the levels missing.

I don't really see the point in doing the movie if there's not going to be a game. That's where all the money for Ratchet and Clank came from-- Sony didn't care about it bombing because to them the cost of making it was just part of the game's production, and since Sony wasn't distributing it they didn't lose any money there either.

If Sly Cooper has to stand on its own as a movie it will very likely bomb, assuming it's still being made. If it's the same deal as Ratchet and Clank though, where the studio is basically just doing cutscenes for the game and releasing them edited together as a movie, then it might still be on.

Sly is due for another game. Every year I watch E3 expecting one to be announced but it hasn't happened yet.

>posting Carmelita this early
>especially Sly 4 concept art Carmelita
Don't do that.

>videogame movies

This is what I was talking about

As long as you're not an autist all of them

what in the fuck happend to murray

AIDS

>Ratchet and Clank looks exactly like the video games
>Sly Cooper not only has no resemblance to the game style, but makes everyone look like a Dreamworks knockoff and Murry like trailer trash
>Sly steals from cops

Welp, can't be worse than the Uncharted movie.

Every movie that has tried to use cel shading has bombed. They made the characters slightly more anthropomorphic because that's what sells, and it's pretty much impossible to get a 2D animated movie greenlit right now.

>Welp, can't be worse than the Uncharted movie.

Is that still a thing?

Sly stole a box of doughnuts from cops, which is perfectly in character if for he knew Carmelita was just about to go for some.

laurlaur on e6