youtu.be/ytl2IUHU6pI
youtube.com/watch?v=y1RWItff0eQ
pcpartpicker.com/product/nCL7YJ/asus-monitor-vn248qp
tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html
overclock.net/t/1330946/amd-temperature-guide
overclock.net/t/1128821/amd-temp-information-and-guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

8 is more than enough for a while

8 is pushing it. 16 is the most you need for gaming.

Wrong, 16 Gib is now the standard

I use 12gb and that seems to be more than enough

My PC still has 8GB. I built it the year Battlefield 3 came out. I've never had any issue.

>GiB

For some fucked up games like GTA V, Hitman and Fallout 4 it is.

>standard
nah
8GB is fine for now

16 isn't necessary yet unless you're playing a memory leaker. That said, it doesn't hurt to make the jump now as long as it's two 8gb cards and not four 4gbs.

What if I want high force, precision, and range?

No, but ram is so cheap you have no real reason not to drop the extra few bucks and get it unless you're on a super tight budget.

Forza 6 uses up to 8gb of ram naturally and it isn't a memory leaker. Horizon 3 will probably use up to 12gb or something considering it has a much larger map.

>What if I want high force, precision, and range?
Then you'd better cross your fingers and pray that AMD starts making RAM.

If you want to do any multitasking it is

RAM is cheap now day anyway, why not just get 16gb so you don't have to worry about it?

ncixus.com/products/?sku=105785&vpn=R9316G2130U2K&manufacture=AMD

no, but memory is cheap as shit, unless you buy the retarded corshill shit with leds all over it.

WTF
This baffles me

Real talk
If you don't have 64 why the fuck do you even have a PC for gaming?

8 is all you need.

kek

>This baffles me

i know right? it's 2016 and we STILL have to make compromises between the Big Three of force, precision, and range.

If you don't want to worry about all that shit, then G.Skill Sniper is great for most people, the hitches from transfer to transfer are a little rough but in gaming you'll hardly notice it at 60fps

You're telling people to pay for something they probably won't use. I can afford extra RAM, I just don't have any need for it.

Except that they will eventually. Web browsers are much less efficient nowadays than they used to be, plus loads of other programs leak memory like a sieve. And if you cheap out on extra RAM, you're gonna get fucked.

8gb is required. 16 gb is recommended but still optional.

Why isn't anyone posting benchmarks 8gb vs 16gb?

Why not 32 GB?
Are you poor?

all games are memory leakers now

None of this matters more than price/ GB.

Yes, I literally upgraded to 16GB last week because some games genuinely do benefit from it, notably open world games where it does make a difference regarding streaming all the data in.

It's not like RAM is even remotely expensive, stop being a poorfag and just go 16.

techspot.com/article/1043-8gb-vs-16gb-ram/page3.html

If all you are doing is playing games 8gb is all you need.

With how cheap you can get 16gb why not? Ram is fucking cheap. I don't build any pcs anymore with less than 16.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPenpMMJYEI

Doesn't matter too much if you're just gaming, but if you want to multitask or do things like editing then 16gb or more can be beneficial

>windows uses 4~Gb
>browser uses 2~gb
>other stuff can use upto 1gb
>he still thinks 8gb is enough
just fucking upgrade you poorfags

Nope don't think so. I have x3 4GB sticks though

8 is min, 16 is recommended. Think about it, consoles have 8, you're probably running higher settings than they are and you probably have more background programs open so more of your RAM is being used even without considering the game. RAM is so cheap it's not worth making sure every little thing is closed just so you have max RAM available for the game.

>>windows uses 4~Gb
>>browser uses 2~gb

It's a joke retard

if you only have 8gb of ram windows throttles itself to use less
if you have 16gb it actually uses the max it can
it will actually improve your fps since windows isn't being throttled

The fuck is force and range?

Precision is a thing, its called EEC ram. Which is unsupported by Intel CPU's, for jew reasons.
Beyond that there is only speed and size.

Why not just be a complete idiot and get 32 then?

Because PS4 is 8GB shared.
A PC with 8GB RAM and 8GB GPU is a lot more than that

8 Is all you NEED, however i noticed the other day streaming Fallout 4 i was reaching slightly over 9gb while running a few other background programs as well.

Depends if you're going to just be gaming i guess or doing other things as well. I frequently see many games reaching 6gb to 7gb alone.

games? nah even 4gb is fine

Chrome? shit nigger better download 32gb of ram.

>consoles have 8

8gb of SHARED ram.

A question to all the 8gb users, do you have pagefile disabled?

Tfw 32GB

This image must be years old right? I wonder if anyone's actually made a purchase based off of it

I use a PC workstation at work with twin Xeon processors, 128 Gb of ram and twin 1080s.

There is no reason to disable it.

How much FPS can you get in minecraft?

>Gib

is it bad to get different ram if i eventually want to get more? ie mixing different brands

Because the average person running a game and chrome and some other bullshit does have a decent chance of being able to push above 8GB without intentionally trying to use as much RAM for the fuck of it, under the same type sage it would be very hard to go over 16GB.

I haven't seen benchmarks that show a significant boost for 16gb more than a frame or two per second. I've seen some benchmarks where having 32 actually decreases performance though.

We just use it to process and render CT scanner data.

>workstation
>using gaymen cards instead of actual workstation cards

>tfw i have 16g of ram

PEASANTS

if you use an ssd, which you should unless you are a fucking poorfag, you should disable it.

16gb no, but there are a handful of games that make use of higher than 8gb (taking into consideration allotted memory for OS and related operations) when utilizing higher-end settings.

Since RAM is dirt cheap, just go for 16gb and be set for the next 10 years.

>AMD

LOL

I got a ripjaw thing, but nothing based off of that specific chart.

Isn't all RAM roughly the same?

>AMD

heres mine. is my gpu too hot ?

>Isn't all RAM roughly the same?
Yeah

No. Range, precision, and speed only become more important as raw processing power increases. If you're gaming at 1080p you definitely wanna favor precision over the others but not to the point where it's one sided.

If that's at load no

Is that idle?

If that is idling clean that shit.

It's idling at 63 degrees. That's way too fucking high. You're gonna wanna drop that by at least 20.

Time for a cleaning then. Yes its at idle.

for demanding modern games

min ram 8 gigs
recommended 16

min vram 4
recommended 8

This is my system at idle. Gpu fans are off

Here's a spicy meme. Transferring my GPU to
pcpartpicker.com/list/8Y6t7h

I still have 6gb and there isn't a single game that doesn't reach 60fps max settings.

>6GB
Are you running DDR2 or something? That's an odd amount of DDR3/4 to have.

>get 8gb
>it's never used more than 5gb in all the years i've had it
My verdict is that you don't even need more than 6.

3x2gb ddr3 at 1333mhz.
Still using my i7 920.

8GB has been the sweet spot for a while. The only reason you'd need more is for things like video editing/3d software etc. You'd get more general speed out of a SSD if that's what you're looking for anyway.

>everyone does the same things as me

>it werks on my machine

>tfw 16gb of generic
fight me

wtf did you steal my computer?

>OS barely uses a quarter gig at boot
>browser adds another half
>games fill 3 gigs at most
4 is the bare minimum. 8 is for multitasking and 16 is for VMs.

>4.4ghz
WHAT

>I don't know what over clocking is

Also, % improvement on gpu with that OC?

I guess you get like 4-6 more frames onry.

>Not running multiple VMs so you can bot at maximum speed in your favorite shitty free-to-play korean MMO of choice

What are you, a pleb?

What? That's pretty common for a 4770K

It's pretty big actually, I don't have exact numbers off the top of my head though

>implying I wasn't asking because that was quite the jump.
nigger please

>GPU idles 59c because the fans are off by default
>second i get in a game the fans kick in and it goes to 30c
goddammit this is annoying

I stream and play games at the same time. Noticed a fps boost in over watch at ultra settings.

>Quite the jump
4.4 - 4.7GHz overclocks are pretty much standard for any generation of i5 or i7, you have to get something really unlucky to not reach those clocks.

>these fags can't into hex

4770k does that almost by default you nigger
it's a fucking beast of a CPU

I went from 8 to 16gb of ram

>gaming ram
are people that delusional

>tfw still playing most modern games 70+FPS at 1080p on ultra
>tfw DX12 and Vulkan are making the future look sunny
>tfw i don't give a shit about the 4k meme anyway

Yeah pretty much. You can still squeeze by with 8 but I wouldn't want to

RAM is cheap as fuck. I would quad channel but I don't know if its worth it.

And I can run doom around 110fps with this.
>bought a 970 like 7 months ago

fuck me

>Z170
>quad channel

if u have chrome open at the same time, yeah

well, that settles it then.

I have two RAM slots left. Is there anything wrong with getting different sized RAM for them than my other two? It's dual-channel or something so only two need to match each other to be optimal, correct? Thinking about getting two 8GB sticks whenever I wanna upgrade, giving me a nice and memey 24 GB of RAM.

>24 GB
Why not 32?

I only have 6gigs of ram... and 2.8ghz.
Am I doomed?

Capacity isn't much of an issue, just make sure it's the same speed and CAS latency

Two slots already have 4 GB. Gonna put 8 GB in the other two. Not now, though, years down the road.

mixing different sticks is stupid as fuck

WHy

Doesn't it not matter unless they're in the same channel? I bet they won't even make the exact sticks I have any more when I'm ready to upgrade.

youtu.be/ytl2IUHU6pI
Dmitri explains it pretty well.

some are not compatible with one another

>when you're too autistic to get jokes

The problem is compatibility.

No, but it's fun to buy a lot of RAM and own it, seriously.

You're acting like they can't buy more RAM in the future. My point is that most people will not use more than 8GB of RAM. If they're running VMs, they might need more RAM, but most people aren't.

Is 4gb vram enough anymore? I don't think so.

RAM
DISK

>still have 8gb
>feel like upgrading to 16gb of DDR3 is a waste of money

It's funny that you waste money on RAM you won't use, but you don't buy a SSD that can load your OS and programs faster.

desu all the best games even coming out now don't stress modest rigs. Sooner or later I'm gonna say "fuck it" and stick to modest vidya.

win10 uses 2-3gb
browsers use 500mb unless you open every fucking page in a new window
i have 2x8 2666 ram because its fucking cheap and gives optimal results

>970
my condolences, enjoy your 30 buckaroos

is this a speccy thread?

memory blocks nowadays are in gibibits, 1024 megabyte blocks. 8 "gb" is 8192 kb, or otherwise 8 GiB

No.

8GB is still the standard. In fact, it's way, WAY more than enough for the vast majority of computing tasks.

Close your fucking tabs.

what happened to 970

what'd I miss

Got some news for ya boy

the 3.5vram thing. And now already being legacy, and having lost a lot of value because 1060/70/80 series.

Nvidia settled the class action suit over 3.5GB of VRAM being advertised as 4GB. They refunded all 970 owners $30.

Is it unable to run games effectively because of it not being fully 4? Asking because I ordered one already before hearing all of this

Only the very newest games, and even then, only a select few, especially at 1080p
It'll run literally everything made before 2014 perfectly. The only games I've had to turn down at all are GTA5 and Witcher 3

Get a refund!
youtube.com/watch?v=y1RWItff0eQ

Yes I know, single channel, don't care.

>have 970
>doom uses 2.5gb of vram at ultra settings
>GPU usage 97%
>always above 90 fps (at 1080p)

still fucked up because your gpu is way less valuable because for the same price you can get one of then1k series.

You can manage with 8 GB quite well now, but some memory leaking games are already getting close to the end of the cliff and it most likely won't be that long before we get games that bring your total usage over 8 GB. If you have 8 GB now, there's certainly no urgent need for a upgrade, but if you are buiding a new PC, you are a fool if you don't put in 16 GB because it costs barely nothing, can make multitasking stuff a bit faster and is certainly futureproof for a long time.

>SNIPER
>BEAST
>DOMINATOR
>VENGEANCE
>RIPJAWS

Why does computer hardware always have the most retarded names? Who comes up with this shit? It's like they're marketing this to children.

>not going nvidia so Cred Forums doesnt laugh at you in speccy threads

LOL

at my work im running 4 VMs with 8 GB of ram

its not the best things

8GB is probably more than enough, I have 16GB and I've never used more than 5GB unless a game has a lot of memory leak.

Would you buy:
>Generic Green 8 RAM
>NIGGER KILLER DOMINATORX

Clearly, the second choice is superior. t. Marketeer.

well me personally always buy offbrand parts if possible including food but i see the wisdom in that. people genuinely believe a brand gives quality

Only if you play on very high/ultra. With a mix of medium/high on 1080p, 8GB still does the job. Arkham Knight is an exception.

that's because they are, silly

Why settle for minimum?

If you're not going for 64gb or higher you might as well go back to consoles.

>does modern gaming require 16GB of RAM?

Yes, for two reasons.

1. Since you're playing on the PC, you're going to be doing a lot of things more than simply just gaming; because you're not a fucking peasant who can only do one thing at any given time on it. This means you need a decent amount of memory to run your OS, browser, gaming client, music player, and any other systems you utilize to make your day to day life easier.

2. Modern gaming means shit ports from consoles 7/10 times. Which means trainwreck memory leaks, poor optimization, etc. This means you need 16GB to compensate for the uncontrollable autism that developers and publishers push from console to PC, to make a quick buck.

IN AN IDEAL WORLD, 8 is enough. But since we don't live in a utopia, we need 16. In 5 years, 16 will be like having 8 gigs currently, and we'll need 32. 5 years after that, 32GB won't be enough, we'll need 64--and so on.

Does it still matter if you have multiple sticks running in tandem? As opposed to one memory stick.

>win10 uses 2-3gb
>windows uses 4~Gb

>proprietarycucks literally have to have 8GB of RAM to run their OS

>mfw I got 16GB for 40 bucks
Worth it when I have 84 xhampster videos open

I have a toaster PC; should I even bother adding RAM to it, or just wait until I've saved up to replace the CPU / MB / memory all at once?

>wow, i can get an extra 3 fps by having 16gb of ram!

Fucking retards. I'm especially laughing that 32gb of ram caused a performance hit. Also, guy in the video looks like Decoy Octopus.

16gb is the sweet spout with alot of games taking up 5-8gb of ram

Windows 10 also uses around 4gb on idle with 16gb of ram so you do the math.

Anyone saying 8gb of ram is enough are absolutely wrong

Its noticablely slower during daily basic tasks and slower loading games as well you will run into stuttering and hitching as the games transfer in and out of pagefile.

Ram is also cheap as fuck so if you have DDR4 there is no excuse.

t. oldfag gamer

Kind of why I like Corsair. I don't have a Diamond Cock case and 360 No Scope Master Sniper 69 mouse, I have a 600T case and M65 Pro mouse.

I've helped some of my coworkers with their computers and the girls don't look at me like I'm a weirdo because I don't list off idiotic names when they ask me what components I have and recommend.

Stop mimicking uninformed Cred Forums memes. One good experiment is worth 10,000 shitpost threads, see:

Never ask Cred Forums for ANY advice on computer parts. People here are so elitist about shit they don't understand that you'll likely end up with way more than you'll actually need.

Do the research yourself.

>he thinks im from Cred Forums

Jesus user, my 390 space heater idles at 30c.

lmfao i bet you buy amd you fucking idiot

DON'T EVER TALK TO ME OR MY WIFE'S SON AGAIN!

What about having other programs going at the same time such as team speak and other balls?

Not yet, no, but it will be soon.

Along with 8GB VRAM.

RAM is also cheap as dirt, no reason to not have 16GB right now. I just upgraded a couple months back for that reason.

>some games gets that subtle "pulse" that give you a headache.

wat

If you're on Windows 10 Anniversary Update, yes

I just ordered my new PC and was getting 2 x 4GB ram sticks but my order processed twice so now I have 2 packs of them.
So now yes 16GB is the standard.

not yet but its best value since 8gb is bare minimum

As long as they are same spEed and latency you are fine

Require, no, but it is nice to have.

>Not buying 64gbs
Get with the GBs OP.

This is a joke right?

What's wrong with having 4 4gb sticks?

How the fuck do you get a 970 when the 10 and 400 series are out?

Why did you buy a 970. Literally rolling a dice and ordering ANY random new card from this gen would be better.

Higher temps. That's it. Good thing winter's a coming.

Not him, but does that mean you should get one stick of ram for whatever?

RAM Tier-List 2016:

>moonlighting as a dedicated server
64gb+

>enthusiast
32gb

>power-user
16gb

>standard
8gb

>poorfag
4gb
Not a multiple of 4.

>JUST
Less than 4gb
Odd number

If you aren't autistic and don't care about the whopping 5c more your ram is gonna be at then get 4x4.

> 8gb are enough

It would work, if you'd use one single application at a time.

I'm using 11 GB+ just for having WoW and my browser open.

Guys what do you think about the corsair vengeance led?

Some games like Arkham Knight and Just Cause 3 require 12+ to play without stutters

Is DDR4 out yet

no

it lights up I guess

yes

>require 12+ to play without stutters

And pagefile disabled. These games with crazy memory leaks start flooding the pagefile and hammering the HDD hard, so it turns into a stutter fest.

If you're building new PC and still have enough money in budget to get it(while upgrading GPU/CPU makes you go beyond your budget) then it won't hurt you. It is however, kinda like buying 8gb in 2012. As in - excessive.

I max-out my 16GB in photoshop on a regular basis.

I need faster and more RAM, but I need a new mobo+cpu as well because it only supports up to 2666mhz.

But modern gaming probably only needs up to like 10.
future proofing for the next 5 years would probably be 16.

I personally probably need 24-32GB

Well professional stuff is little bit different.

Like i7 for gaming is still a waste while if I was editing movies I would obviously buy one.

>Like i7 for gaming is still a waste while if I was editing movies I would obviously buy one.
what a dumb thing to say

there are plenty of sims that are very cpu intensive

Get the blue ones, they make the PC run cooler.

Literally just got my DDR3-2133 16GB sticks so i can upgrade from DDR3-1600 8GB

It depends on what do you play, really.

For example it won't help you for Arma because it won't use the additional threads. It won't help you for most console ports because they're optimised for 4-cores. It only gives you visible edge in DX12 games but then again
>DX12
>installing Windowns 10
>...

>he thinks im from Cred Forums

It will be soon.
A year ago I'd insist that 8GB was more than enough but now I'll understand if you get 16.

I think there's something wrong with my OS hard drive. It's not showing any temp.

Help?

>AMD CPU
>No SSD
>Optical drive
>"PEASANTS"

How ironical

Well the BF1 minimum requirements say 8gb so one would think having 16gb is even better, not sure tho

Can I get some recommendations for lower end monitors

At least I can run the new doom

No. But deciding to buy 8GB instead of 16GB saves you a whopping $10
There's really no point in not buying 16GB at this time.

Just try to find yourself a decent but cheap 1080p IPS monitor. Just do your research on input lag and ghosting being the main things you want to look out for.

Don't buy a TN panel.

Outta the way little boy, the men have to work.

I've hit over 8 gb usage in Civ 5... that's about it.

This. 8 is really fucking pushing it for games with huge environments like Hitman. As someone who likes to have a stream on his 2nd screen, it doesn't work out. Normal Texture settings fill up the RAM up to 6-7GB so damn fast.

RAM is fairly cheap. In fact, I just ordered some off Amazon a few days ago.

lowercase that b, nigibit

pcpartpicker.com/product/nCL7YJ/asus-monitor-vn248qp

8 gigs is fine.

yes, do not listen to the following memes:
>i5 is enough
it's not if you want to avoid stutter or loading screens or run a lot fo background shit
>4gb-8gb-16gb is enough
always buy maximum you can afford, you will not be changing it anytime soon and can use it for any upgrade ddr5 is not coming next 4-6-10 years
>windows xp,7,8 is good enough
no it's not if you want to avoid crashes or performance inconsistency of newer games
developers moving forward and backwards compatibility is pain in the ass to work for
>buy smaller PSU
buy PSU with 30% headroom for future upgrades they are cheaper than RAM
and no,more wattage doesn't mean it will draw more power even if hardware doesn't need it

$200 gpu every year is okay though, in the long run it is cheaper than $350-450 gpus every 2-3 years unless you expect to use it for 5 years

You're retarded which is sad because half of your points are valid.

>AMD CPU
>2GB GPU
>900p monitor
>No SSD
>He thinks he's any better

hahaha. no

>i5 masterrace amrite?

why are people always so petty about hardware? $70 dollars not going to save anyone's life
gaming is cheapest hobby on this planet

forgot ssd meme second strongest meme around after i5
yes ssd makes your life better, it makes OS run better, it makes you feel better

not going to talk about 144hz input lag relief because it is still expensive beyond $400 but when driver bugs out(once a months but still) and monitor switches to 60hz it's a pain to use - world slows down

8gb is enough
unless you fucking Ctrl + A all the program in your desktop

if you say for gaming? upgrade your graphics card

What if I downloaded my ram?

i have 16gb of ram on my alienware laptop i got when i graduated high school and it cant even run 15 tabs of porn playing on potplayer

8 is definitely fine!

who looky looky someone here is a bigboy now

what

You can't upgrade from 4x4 chips. Motherboards typically have four slots for ram, and you'd be filling them all up. Replacing some of them with a higher GB is a no-go, because they'll only match the power of the lowest card(8gbs will only use 4gb if another 4gb card is slotted in).

If I'm not mistaken, RAM works better with more cards of an equal model. 2x8gb runs better than 1x16gb. Having x4 of a card MIGHT make things run a little smoother than having x2, but if you ever want to add more RAM you'll have to swap out the entire set.

What if it's a one 16GB?

8 is not enough. Your browser might just take half of it. You need at least 12 now, 16 is recommended.

Fuck blue, get red, they increase performance by 0.5ghz

do..don't bully pls ;_;

>If I'm not mistaken, RAM works better with more cards of an equal model. 2x8gb runs better than 1x16gb.

No, games don't need that much ram. But a lot of vram would be good.

at this point I'd only bully if someone willingly bought any of the geforce 900s. As the entire line is completely botched.

At least you installed your ram correctly.

>mfw 8gb RAM and still rocking that i5 2500k

>seagate
Enjoy that inevitable failure, hope you've back up all that porn.

I am legit jealous at all those HDDs you have.

Asus by any chance? My old 670 ran hot as fuck and it was an Asus card. I have a Gainward 1060 now and it idles sub-30 and I've never seen it hit 60c on full load in game.

Asus cards are overrated as fuck imo.

Get MSI Afterburner and manually set the fan speeds to stick at 50% (or whatever constitutes as reasonably inaudible to you).

>669MHz

what

Everything you're saying depends on whether the motherboard's memory controller is single-channel, dual-channel, or quad-channel (there's also triple-channel but that's rare and shitty).
The thing you said about matching the lowest card to the first user only matters if it's quad-channel or dual-channel, but doesn't apply if it's single-channel.
The thing you said to the second user varies. For single-channel, 1x16 is best, for dual-channel, you'll want 2x8 (but it will run marginally hotter than 1x16), and for quad-channel you'd want 4x4 (which would run hotter still).

Motherboards are usually dual-channeled nowadays. You should always check what your motherboard is setup for before getting RAM.

Alright since this turned into a speccy. What is the quality of computer parts?

Ram? Mobo? Fan? HDD? SDD? PSU? GPU? Case?

8 gig masterrace for years.

I can't even foresee an issue.

GPU RAM is increasing with growing vidya texture memory requirements, so it's really a non issue.

Just get 16 though, RAM is fucking cheap, and you're on a PC. Run multi monitors with streams of whatever on your second monitor and enjoy the potential of the platform.

Ples r8

Put together this computer years ago.
Trying to take it as far as I can without having to get a whole new motherboard.
How fucked am I? Would upgrading to a 10xx card even help at this point?

same

after 5 and a half years it can still play Doom on medium.
kek

Most people use the retarded "just go for an i5 and use that money on the gpu" when a gpu improves dramatically every generation and you are stuck with the same cpu/mobo for 5 years+

>not having an optical drive for old vidya
>not having an optical drive so you can install win 7 with a modern motherboard with only usb 3.0/3.1 ports
>not having an optical drive to burn game discs for old consoles like ps2
Pleb please

>not downloading old videogames with their retarded small file size.
>Using usb 2 in 2016
>Not buying an external optical drive instead and using it every 3 years when you do this shit.

Who cares when it's so cheap? 16GB of Kingston HyperX® only cost me £50.

If you go 8GB, you're either locking yourself into a shitty upgrade path with two 4GB DIMMS, or one gimped single channel 8GB DIMM.

I play Cities: Skyline with 1600 assets installed from the Steam Workshop.

16GB of RAM is not enough.

my seagate died. 4tb. lost all my movies, shows and games. Was devistated because my internet is shit so it takes forever to get it back.

Well I just bought 8gb because my ram died and I'm not upgrading my i5 2500k yet but I don't want to buy 16 for it to be useless when I move to a new cpu in 1-2 gens.
I hope it works on my motherboard....

posting my speccy

Fucking retarded.

Just put 16gb of ram in.

my next PC will have 32gb at least

I had 4 for over 2 years since my other stick died. I will eventually buy 32 for my next rig but my autism doesn't let me be moderate.

TB of ram when?

I have 64GB of RAM

Is that excessive?

Now, if you have a server board with 8 RDIMM slots per socket.

Is it too late to collect the $30? I didn't know the class action lawsuit won...

>Fellow x58 brother
I recenzly bought a e5645 for like 30$ for a cheap hexacore for OC only to find out my mobo cant into xeons. I don't exactly need it, I have a 960@4ghz and no games seem to be bottlenecked by it.

My Doom runs at 110 fps on a 4 years old 7950 at 1080p

>8gbs will only use 4gb if another 4gb card is slotted in.

So I can't upgrade my 2x4 with 2x8 to get 24?
Good to know.

why is this a thread? fucking retards lul xd

That was actually a good kek. But who the hell fall for this.

Please stop posting if you have no idea what you are talking about holy shit.
Also who the fuck calls ram sticks CARDS you fucking retarded mongoloid.

>shred through gigabytes as if they were butter

I bought ripsaws, but for completely different reasons.
Would I have been better off with just generic ram?

>which one do you main?

> this fucking frankenbuild

We are kindred spirits

Anyone else got these HyperX? I got them because they were the cheapest as fuck and tought they looked like shit quality and plastic

But they actually look a lot better IRL and on properly taken pics, they have nice metallic color, makes me wish I had gotten black or red ones instead

>Not soldiering a SSD into your ram slots
>not having 500gb of RAM
SHIGGITY DIGGITY DOO WOP BAH BA DA-DA

what a rich cunt.

16 gb has been the standard for about a year now.

My GPU is so damn hot.

How're my specs?

>trying to meme this hard

Go big or stay home.

is the paint and calculator a part of the memeing? or do you actually have those on your taskbar?

That and having his os look like W98 seem like legit

No.

Windows 10 will use as much as it can and games will start to have enormous ram requirements

Which one is telling the truth?

My PC is idle btw

Mind the specs old pc

Forgot pic

>morons falling for gaming RAM memes
>not just buying the cheapest sticks because every RAM stick is literally made at the same place.

I've heard speccy doesn't read AMD temps well
But you could also easily tell wich is right by how your cpu fan is working, mine would be making some noise at that point but should be doign none if the temps are right

Yeh thought so thanks just needed a second opinion

it doesn't report temperature at all, because AMD CPUs and APUs don't have a temp sensor in them.

tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html
overclock.net/t/1330946/amd-temperature-guide
overclock.net/t/1128821/amd-temp-information-and-guide

I have the feeling I should upgrade this shit.

Jump right from a 2GB 7850 to a 8GB 480.

No, that's legit

It saves on ram, faggot.

>It saves on ram, faggot.

So 8Gb is really not enough?

Well I have 16 so I could run aero, but the ram conservation thing is from the days I had a prebuilt dell that had 4gb of ram. They were so-dimms too, not even desktop ram. Worst thing I ever saw. I used that little bastard for a lot of years, so I learned to be uber stingy with ram.

As for your question, no, I don't think 8 is enough. 12 should be the min ram you get. Yes, I am aware of how dumb that sounds, but one could do it.

Oh didn't know that, I thought it was just incorrect readings on amd hardware, like my laptop gpu showing 170ºC at all times

>needing to save RAM with 16 GB

Only $30? I got more than double that (£53)

is your VG248 set at 60Hz on purpose or what?

The more you know. Thanks for the clarification.

You should know that motherboards do not have memory controllers. The IMC has been standard for the better part of a decade.
The user you're responding to doesn't know what hes talking about, at all.

Don't worry guys my computer doesn't have ANY problems whatsoever.

yes because of all the fucking memory leaks. just cause 3 got playable when i upgraded from 8 to 16

Force of habit.

your system must be all kinds of fucked if it uses 11GB of ram for a 12 year old game and a web browser

pic related: my wow and browser barely use one GB of ram. total ram usage is at 2.8GB.