What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlUw3Gph1JQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They tried to cash on edgy memes by making a mediocre game.
Being edgy doesn't mean you can do shitty games and still make it big.

people stopped talking about the game that was about to come out once it came out

too many pockets on one side of his jacket.

no columbine mod

....yet

>my game is not important

edgy for the sake of being edgy
no real meat to the game
shitty ai and wonky controls

They knew their game is shit and tried to create a sensation as a last resort.

it wasn't important

It was only hyped because of the outcry. Nobody was ever hyped for it because of the gameplay.

It's nice to play through it once because it's silly but that's it

I had fun with it, explosions and carnage are fun in games, not in real life. No edge here.

Hahaha rekt

Beated it in Extreme , so I guess I speak with knowlage.

>Mechanically flawed, as the movement was somewhat clunky and it was hard to aim due to the crosshair not being reliable. (an update lets you color it , before it was static and very small IIRC )

>The way health worked made the game unfair as you would try to shoot them soldiers to get them executed but they died insted, getting you killed in return. Plant level was fucking maddening.

>Noir look was awesome and graphics looked gorgeous but it was fucking IMPOSSIBLE to see shit quickly and react fast, key element in a Top Down.

>Shit optimization at launch. Glad it was fixed.

>The music had only 2 really "ok" tracks, Overkill and It's time

>OVERHYPED. Trailers were much more sinister than avarage but the game just didnt have much impact

>Wasted potential on making a story like "Falling Down"

Atleast the game has now workshop and the devs encourage modding, so atleast there's some cool stuff to see. For 5 bucks you have a decent top down, but not much.

>having to justify oneself to not be called edgy

real living meme

Atleast we have this

It was a boring gimmick MUH CONTROVERSY game with no depth, just as the non-retards on Cred Forums were saying day 1. That's really all there is to it. There have been many other "politically incorrect" games before, but the ones that were liked were never because of edgy Cred Forums bullshit, it was because they had some humor and the gameplay itself was actually reasonably fun and varied.

A few people said this repeatedly during release: Hatred is almost literally taking GTA's "just rampage lol" stuff, giving it a barebones edgy story, adding a monochrome filter, and then turning that into an entire fucking game. Which doesn't work. Lots of us had fun a couple of times the first time we tried a GTA game just going on a rampage, seeing how far we could manage to escalate and maybe trying to steal one of the military's tanks and go on a joyride, or even actually manage to keep it by queuing up a bunch of stars and place to park it which pretty much constituted "winning". But nobody except turbo autists would ever spend dozens of hours doing that, it got old real fast. It was only amusing as a sort of silly side option to an actual game with lots of shit to do. Hatred was a super extended minimally fleshed out max edge mini-game.

He probably has meme vision.

There isn't much to it and it's not fun to be sniped by characters off-screen. People pretended it was offensive because they somehow forgot Manhunt existed ten years before it.

Lots of problem actually

>Unable to urinate or desecrate the corpses with your with genitalia I.E Postal series
>Top down 3D black and white shooter makes it hard to see everything sometimes
>Soundtrack isn't Czech grindcore but just boring shit
>You don't actually play as Nathan exposion just some cheap rip off
>No rape mechanics

Good games with violent intentions died with Postal 2 and JFK Reloaded

People have the attention span of a gold fish.
Also didn't manhunt had to tone down the violence to be Teen? this thing is Adults only, which explains why it didn't work.

game was bad

we have yet to get someone that knowingly and deliberately baits san fran cult hipsters while being able to back up their bark with an actual quality game

The sequel should start with Notten Portent waking up in Hell. He finds himself cornered by pineapple-dicked demons who are about to fuck his boipussy until an unseen figure kills them all with machine gun fire.

Notten looks up to see an extended hand, belonging to Adolf Hitler. Hitler, who has been hiding out in Hell for the last 70 years decides he likes Notten's style and the two team up to topple Satan in a quest to become the edgiest entity alive.

Do it all tongue in cheek as well.

Manhunt is M but was censored in parts. (Radio static blocking stuff, etc). You can play it modified on PC to uncensor it however. Manhunt 2 was also censored in this way.

>tfw no meme vision

>Do it all tongue in cheek as well.
this is where they fall down though, they'd play it dead straight. which in principle could actually be kind of mst3k meta amusing but they aren't quite talentedly bad enough for that either so it just ends up boring. also the painkiller comparison is obvious and I doubt they could beat it.

youtube.com/watch?v=BlUw3Gph1JQ

yo LISTEN UP, HERE'S A STORY
ABOUT A LITTLE GUY THAT LIVES IN A MEME WORLD
AND ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT AND EVERYTHING HE SEES IS JUST MEME TO HIM, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE

Not bad

God fucking awful optimization ruined it for me, the story was stupid as fuck but I liked the style of the gameplay, only problem was I couldn't get more than 30 FPS no matter the settings, and the devs did nothing to fix this problem for the thousands who had it

On the forums they just told people to turn down the graphics, devs did jack shit to fix the problems.

It was not a FPS, that fucked up all the game, if they were going to do an edgy game as fuck about shooting people they should have done the game a FPS, and not even mention the mods for that because they're all a piece of shit

It legitimately looked fun. Decent twin stick shooters are rare, especially in urban areas. Shame it wasn't ironic like Postal 2