Is there any reason to be optimistic about the NX?

Is there any reason to be optimistic about the NX?

Yes. A very, very powerful one.

If it's a handheld it means Jap third party devs will actually make games for it

All of Nintendo's development staff will consolidate and work on one system. The first party support will be much stronger than the 3DS and Wii U by themselves, and thus it won't shit the bed if third parties don't cling to it initially.

/thread

One game a console does not make. One game on ANOTHER system a console does not make.

SMD64 practically confirmed it's AMD, so all handheld/hybrid rumors are bullshit.

Breath of the Wild isn't just "one game".

no

>new zeldas

If it represents the start of a single platform strategy for Nintendo and is a handheld system that still offers some kind of optional TV support then I think there's cause for optimism.

If its simply the WiiU 2, or a Nintendo version of the PS4 then I think they're in trouble.

can't be worse than the wiiU

Not really.

Devs not having to split between two platforms = obligatory games come out sooner = devs free to develop B stuff like F-Zero, Metroid, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, etc

Zelda engine will be reutilized for other games. That's it.

That's a Wii U game.

System wont replace wii u, but wii u will get ports.

I still think it's a tablet like machine that connects to the tv for bigger viewing.

>By rumours
Yes, cartbridges and an architecture change sounds great
>By facts
No, another amiibo device and only three games announced for the console, one is normalfag shovelware.

AMD has one unannounced semi-custom design win. If not NX then what? Another Playstation portable that Sony stated they would not make?

Since it's AMD then x86 is all but assured. They have no good ARM SoC.

but nobody owns a wii u

that'd be like saying Gravity Rush on PS4 isn't a good game because it's on the vita.

Nobody takes Nintendo seriously anymore. Even if it ends up being good, it's bound to fail

Maybe that amd on the Nx tablet. I honestly think Nintendo wants to create a new niche market for themselves but still retains the Ds fanbase.

Can't wait for the hybrid meme to end. Iwata never meant that.

I'm optimistic about how butthurt nintoddlers will be when it comes out and they find out its as shitty as we warned them it'll be.

If it's what rumors say (both handheld and console in one with all of Nintendo's support) then yeah, probably.

No, but there's no reason to be pessimistic either.

We might end up being pleasantly surprised or it might be another forgettable console.

Just like the ds didnt replace the gba lmao

Not my words but theirs. Ds was always going to be the replacement for Gameboy.

>tfw I bought a Vita for Gravity Rush

And I've loved the damn thing ever since. Shame relatively no one likes it.

>being optimistic about any system

The only thing that matters is the software. If NX gets enough games that I want, I will get it, simple as that. Only retards dismiss it before its even out.

This. I'm rooting for the console/handheld hybrid approach myself.

I'm hoping that its just a handheld with some kind of dongle that plugs into an HDMI port and then streams an image from the handheld to the TV like the WiiU in reverse.

Nintendo themselves said the ds was going to be a third pillar and we all know how that turned out

I don't think Nintendo upper management really thought through how much the price of flash media and the hardware for the DS would come down in price. I think they were also expecting the GBA Micro to catch on more.

Wasn't a replacement in the gameboy brand sense or non dual screen sense.

I can expect Nintendo to retire both Wii U and the 3ds a bit later.

It's not a hybird, but it's sure not a console either seeing how they said it's a new way to play and they're still the king of non consoles portable gaming. Removing 3d stereoscopic effects and the dual screen could boost sales.

I really think it's some kinda plug in play touch pad tablet thing that connect to the tv.

I really don't pay attention to the patented mock ups, they always do that to make sure nobody else gets their radical unused ideas,

Can't be any worse than the WiiU, which at worst was a fumble on Nintendo's part.

>and we all know how that turned out
They continued supporting it until Micro's poor sales. Here is Iwata on The GBA Micro.

>The sales of Micro did not meet our expectations. Micro showed different sales in and outside Japan. In Japan, initial sales of Micro were rather good and it did become a rather hot topic. So, there was the possibility for this product to grow in Japan. However, toward the end of 2005, Nintendo had to focus almost all of our energies on the marketing of DS, which must have deprived the Micro of its momentum. This is why Micro couldn't meet our expectations in Japan. Overseas, we were unable to dispatch the real attractive nature of this product in the first place. More specifically, we showed this product at E3 2005 for the first time to the public, and those who have watched Micro were pretty much impressed. Because a number of people, distributors, software developers and publishers were all saying that Micro could sell, we somewhat believed that we would just need to take the ordinary marketing approach, say, by saying that we will launch the new Game Boy model. Fact of the matter is, however, those who were impressed with Micro were the ones who have physically touched and felt Micro in their hands. However, the actual consumers had to evaluate Micro without touching them. In the end, we failed to explain to consumers its unique value and they concluded that Micro is not worth the price they have to invest. Whichever hardware we talk about, platform business is the business of momentum. If we fail to build an initial momentum, we will have hard times. Simultaneously, it was the time when Nintendo had to expand DS sales, so we had to put more effort on DS, which were not contributing to the sales of Micro. We have to learn the lesson that we overestimated the success potential of Micro.

Nigga speak for yourself. Spent a good chunk of this past summer on Splatoon alone.

It'll be better than PS4 and XBO

Wish the FF 5 and 6 rumored remakes are on this.

Unlike ps4 pro and scorpio this is actually a new thing with new games

I hope it's officially titled wii thrii

Not saying you didn't. Did you even read what I responded to?