Why is it only ok to steal from us?

Why is it only ok to steal from us?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=meme
nedmguitar.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You must be new. Cred Forums has fueled the Internet's memes before memes were memes or even called memes.

lolcats comes to mind immediately.

Almost everything popular on the internet starts here. Pretty much all memes start here.

This is one of the most frequently visited sites on the internet.

I still remember when image macros and memes were considered separate things. Now you can just put up an image macro on Facebook and people will spout "haff yew seen dis meem?". Fuck I had a friend who asked if I'd seen "this one meme" and he linked me a webcomic. A webcomic.

My friends and family do the same thing. I've stopped correcting them.

Because you can't have a signature when you don't have a name, user.

> Try correcting them
> BUT user IT'S A HUMOROUS IMAGE SPREAD ON THE INTERNET, THEREFORE...!

I gave up fast.

Normies have no idea what a meme actually is. They literally think it means a picture with funny text.

meme is just the new word for joke, don't think about it too hard

When will the meme bubble burst?

google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=meme

The age of user is over. The time of the Normie has come.

Thats fucking Daxflame under the crying face!

wtf, ive been on the internet for too long. IT IS

What happened in 2011 that made memes popular?

>LE HARAMBE
Holy fuck this shit is annoying
It doesn't just extend to fucking Facebook either, just about every time I open an multiplayer game someone mentions Harambe at least once.
And fucking black twitter too - at least that shit used to be funny for all of about a month before the mainstream got hold of it. Now it's just the same shitty, repetitive '''jokes''', or just mundane shit like
>when ya girl cant decide on whats for dinner
>*picture of a spongebob meme*
What's worse is my normie friends who regularly send me this shit

thanks for being 4 years late to the party

I'm kind of glad normalfags never discovered ytmnd or something awful. The amount of OC on those sites that could be potentially reborn would end the world. I'm surprised ebaumsworld hasn't hit a meme renaissance yet, it was the original normalfag site.

Better late than never.

reddit started it and 9gag exploded it. After that it just steady reddit.

black twitter and black 'memes' are the lowest points of humor in human history. it's all consisted of literally garbage tir non-jokes, written in ghetto speach

You are a normie fuck off

I'm still amazed that people actually research memes.

knowyourmeme.com (didn't make the image, but are still alive afaik) are literal meme historians

they've been cataloging shit for most of the decade

Why wouldn't they? It's becoming a big part of marketing. People will research puke ingredients if they could make money from it.

When autist stop parroting them over and over again. aka never

Fuck no, black twitter is one of the only worthwhile things in that hellish site. Weird twitter, on the other hand, is comedy anti-matter.

>Why wouldn't they?
I don't know, dignity?

no, fuck off

Such is the fate of anonymous. Your failure is yours alone, but your glory belongs to anyone.

But black people twitter is genuinely funny. If you removed all of twitter except black people, literally nothing of value would be lost. Black people are funny as fuck.

>tfw you remember when memes were called fads
kill me

There have been lower points, I'm sure theres a tablet somewhere showing ancient greeks doing the same stupid shit.
I mean we've already seen the roman shitpost graffiti

>dignity

retarded neo Cred Forums post

niggers aren't funny. they are loud, obnoxious and smell like shit

nedmguitar.ytmnd.com/

My favorite fad of all time.

Well, at least your friend isn't totally lost.

>Pony craze just starting out
>Friend A and I watch the first season
>Both agree that it's charming and has a fun song now and then, but don't get why this craze is such a craze.
>One night friend A, friend B, and I hanging out
>Get drunk, play vidya, have fun
>Kicking back and chilling. Talking and listening to music.
>Friend A requests winter wrap-up song
>UGH. Fine.
>Friend B asks what it's from
>"That new my little pony show."
>A few weeks later us three hanging out
>Friend B is balls deep brony
>Has cutie mark pins on his jacket
>Constantly requesting pony songs and remixes
>Constantly quoting show and singing the songs
>Keeps trying to get us to watch clips and full episodes
>Names his bright orange mustang 'Dashy'

I'd much rather a dense normie friend then a brony. We don't hang out with him anymore. He still posts all his pony merchandise he buys on facebook so he's still pony crazy.

I'm not even sure how to read this. The fuck are the lines for? Why not just make a line graph if you want lines that badly?

Bury him alive.

you fags are acting like a meme is invented on the internet.
now internet memes have become a meme themself.

Fuck off nigger.

Trying to visit other forums is pretty bad at times with what feels like North Korea tier moderation, users that boast about their post count, everyone acting like a tripfag and generally being years behind in dank memes.

The lines show changes over time like how Cred Forums remains constant then jumps up

You know that many slang and mimetic material originates from black twitter, and that it's only other people who repeat it into the ground right?

I still blame chanology for this

>steal everything from white males
>constantly complain about white males

I blame habbo raids. I stumbled on Cred Forums by following a random link in an IRC chat while downloading my Polynesian moving picture stories.

>Cred Forums somehow invented the concept of friday nights being the super special "It's finally the weekend" night

I graduated and then became a neet.

Wait...is kek ACTUALLY credited to [s4s]?

Fuck man. I regret being in that phase until Season 3 started. Then I just got disenchanted with the show because it just got stale, haven't watched a single episode since 2013.
I can't honestly believe the fandom still exists though. What the fuck.

I heard about Cred Forums on YTMND during the Ebaumsworld drama over a watermark.

now every pic on the internet has a watermark

Was 2007 the last year of GREAT vidya and internet? Sure there has been some good stuff scattered here and there but way more shit nowadays.
Sitting here watching old videos and just feeling nostalgic.

Most people have forgotten it's a WoW meme.

A hideous mutation, really.

The media is kinda crediting it to neo-Nazis actually.

2007 was the apocalypse

HACKERS ON STEROIDS

>Cred Forums starts meme
>meme becomes popular and is used regularly outside of Cred Forums
>Cred Forums hates meme
Repeat ad infinitum

I heard about Cred Forums in a mlp related post on 9gag.

This site deserves it's bad reputation

This is partly why I don't really circulate anything new. I'll throwback to old shit every now and then but I won't spread some forced shit.

I'm with you brother.

I was like you, but meet a chick how as level headed and liked the show.
We still watch it and talk about it, also I get to see her get change when we come from jogging since we fucked twice

Treekicker is best pone

Does he fuck the horse? If its a car, does he fuck the car?

>smell like shit

Fuck you man, that is offensive to shit.

Thats when the good guy greg and scumbag steve or whatever things got started. If you ever wanted a reference point of when "memeing" went mainstream, look at 2011.

no more zoey, I already fapped

Fuck me Im drunk

Honestly fuck Gameranx

Because most post anonymously and the post turns to nothing after the thread is gone so we can't prove it was ours

>2011
was when Cred Forums was in a frenzy over reddit meme thievery, no?

I've just never understood the appeal or what adults see in it. It's fine to like the art and music I guess, but what is the draw of actually watching it? Unless I'm just missing some deep message, it isn't being written for adults at all, unlike Ren and Stempy, Batman The Animated Series, Animaniacs, PPG etc.

You live to see the dead of yonchan rip 2003-2003. I'm glad everything is over soon.

>a WoW meme

no, when you said "lol" in WoW it came out as "BUR"

Kek is literally from r/Cred Forums

An alliance member seeing an Orc say 'lol' in chat looked like 'kek' iirc

>written for adults
>Batman The Animated Series, PPG