Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

What was the most pohlkunka moment, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d7jv1ticnf0
youtube.com/watch?v=hbNzlCdMbfY
youtube.com/watch?v=xavIpLcMeeg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2c-rfZ6uVE
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474076454292.webm
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=57497995
youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo
youtube.com/watch?v=_SP14S9zttw
youtube.com/watch?v=2sNgB-j3fd0
youtube.com/watch?v=5NwbR_7Y8b0
youtube.com/watch?v=LCbH66dgUgk
youtube.com/watch?v=ljF1kmH60Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=GwerK5ufGTM
youtube.com/watch?v=wGTty0e4Z1w
cytube.court-records.net/r/cr
youtu.be/K_lNNGjr8PI?t=31s
youtube.com/watch?v=CSE7e_btw0M
youtube.com/watch?v=K_lNNGjr8PI
soundcloud.com/jazzandrain/01-ace-attorney-court-begins
youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6tidI8NNo
youtube.com/watch?v=VgO38SDgiAU
youtube.com/watch?v=-2wRckkYdM0
youtube.com/watch?v=-5YDqLqeABw
youtube.com/watch?v=gXLRvKBDAKs
youtube.com/watch?v=Zrgd7fUnjmo
github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn
gbatemp.net/threads/psa-stop-using-rxtools.441784/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Attorney Online alive? I really want to get on it

I think it had relatively common threads before AA6 came out. I'd imagine everyone's been playing the game since then.

Judges deserve more love.
Judge for the most underrated char in aa!

Nincompoops, all of you

I've actually seen a thread about it somewhere today, user. Maybe it was /vg/.

Especially this one. Dude basically goes against his queen to support Apollo. They never really address it, but that takes some heavy balls when she can basically a goddess that can rewrite laws.

Just barely. i started going on it again a few days ago, but it seems to be the same few people playing the same few characters daily.

Medieval phoenix when?

Send them to the stockades

*khem*DGS*khem*

That explains where the name puns are coming from.

And why are they so tiring and obnoxious.

>Barnham will never come back

It hurts. He was so great, and was treated like shit in his only game.

Just finished this game

oooommmmmgggggg

it was soooooooooo goooooooood

How long until I can pirate the dlc?

I saw people linking pictures in previous threads, but not to sure where they got the file.

>all this athena bullying in the dlc case

>yfw TWO VICTIMS

youtube.com/watch?v=d7jv1ticnf0

POST YFW 6-3 THOUGHT ROUTE

This and the Rakugo shit in 6-4 make me think that Nahyuta just has a very dark sense of humor but has trouble expressing it.

Real talk though, was this the best game since the trilogy or what? Ok, maybe it's tied with AAI2, but gee whiz after DD sucked so hard I really didn't have high hopes for this one. Yet every freaking case but the 1st (maybe 4th) was among the best in the series.

Also Ga'ran is my favorite final villain except maybe the AAI2 mastermind.

it's pretty damn top tier

I think I like this game more than other AA game, although that may be the high talking, since I only just finished the game yesterday.

Let it sit for a while. I agree with you it's very solid, but funnily enough people said the same thing about DD when it was brand new. I think that this is far more solid so there's less to worry about, but these things happen.

Also, no AA villain will ever beat the Mastermind unless they do something fucking crazy.

I feel pretty stupid for not catching some of the puns in the names. Mr. Reus and Datz Are'bal specifically. I really thought Datz was a pun of "That's horrible".

>Kept trying to decipher Paul Atishon, but couldn't figure out it
>Had to look it up

I feel retarded.

At least all the personalities were pretty damn entertaining and cooperative.

I'm glad I watched Rakugo the anime, I feel like it made me appreciate 6-4 a lot more. Anyone else watched it before and feel the same way?

Inga Karkhuul Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz Khura'in III

Why were her motives so stupid? Her and her master are both really stupid. That being said, I still felt kinda bad for her and I hope she gets spared from the chair since she showed some genuine remorse and the murder technically wasn't premeditated.

This.

We'll see what everyone says in a couple months. People loved DD when it first came out too then everyone started shitting on it after time passed.

I didn't quite get what they were. She was frustrated about not getting the Uendo title? Why'd she kill him?

I refused to move forward in the story until I worked out the pun, and then I couldn't get myself to continue after I figured it out. It's a wonderfully dumb pun.

DD is a good AA game and my opinion hasn't remotely changed since it came out

Because he gave away the title to someone else, so she couldn't have it anymore despite it being her dream

translation pls?

To get Uendo arrested and make her the sole heir to the name. Whet getting framed wasn't part of the plan.

you're gonna feel really dumb when you hover over this spoiler

How could this name be any longer or more pompous than it already is

YRW case 6.5 was literally solved using the testimony of the Spirit of (Jove) Justice

Right now. 3DSiso has every single dlc including the final case.

:o

The old man told her to twist balloons for 12 years, and Geiru did it, thinking it could lead her to getting the name Uendo, but then he gave her father's stage name to a completely different person. She felt cheated and humiliated.

Blew my goddamn mind when I realized what happened. Realized it a bit before Apollo did. Legit holy shit moment, topped the Phantom reveal for me

I agree. I think DD is a solid middle of the pack game, with some key flaws like difficulty and investigation. But it has some pretty solid and/or fun cases and twists. It's shame it's now one of the most popular to hate games in the series.

Best theme coming through

alsjjkkk

honestly these threads since release have been completely fine, like they always are after releases

i think it's because after a few months only the die hard AA posters are left who then feel the need to always DISCUSS and DISAGREE and the threads become shit

Can't you people learn to spoiler?

Nothing will top youtube.com/watch?v=xavIpLcMeeg

>apollo constantly questioning everyone in an attempt to prove himself wrong

it just aint right, man

I laughed so hard when they revealed his full name

Only part that had me laughing harder was Case 4, when Nayuta recited the entire fucking joke

Is there a version of this without Paul right smack dab in the middle of it?

I replayed case 4 today. it's pretty divisive it seems but i enjoyed it quite a bit on replay.

the "twist" is kind of shoved in your face (four times actually) but I blanked on first playthrough because why would I care about that?

still great. uendo best witness. best assistant. best case.

Can you maybe not be like 100 posts into an ace attorney thread if you haven't completed it?

Yep, when there's nothing to discuss, the threads just turn to shitflinging. People arguing about what the worst games and moments are, rather than the best. A shame. At least the last week of threads have been excellent.

>that Time Soba performance and all that Athena bullying
And people said he wasn't funny.

>best case

Let's be real here. Blackquill is definitely the best assistant, but there's no way 6-4 is the best case in this game.

>best case

DEATH TO THE LAWYER

6-5 was almost as good as 3-5. I haven't been that emotional over a case since 3-5. Nothing will ever top Iris saying "Thank you." followed by youtube.com/watch?v=Y2c-rfZ6uVE though

>those stealth references to the jazz and orchestra albums

How come the only smart people in the AA world are lawyers and assistants? Everyone else falls for every goddamn excuse and lie used, even when the truth is plain as day

>"Thank you"
>Clicked on that link
>Immediate chills

Fuck, I've played that case like 8 times and it still fucking gets to me. 3-5 is so fucking good.

That and Godot's blood were the best moments for me, probably because of how perfectly that theme fits.

Yes

Not me, but I started watching it because of 6-4.

Time Soba is great.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474076454292.webm

Nice. Great series. S2 hype.

Just want to hug Bon at the end of S1. I connect with him way to much.

Well?
We're waiting

Will you vote for me?

I don't get this image, why is Betty sitting nervously behind an image of Paul?

Not many other people care about the truth, just winning

Yeah sure whatever

Playing this made me want to get into the anime, but I keep hearing it's shit, and I don't want to see the games cases ruined

Does it do the games justice? Is it the original trilogy or just the first game?

Its an ok series
It starts weak with bad pacing but it gets better overtime
So far its only the first 2 games

"These must be my tears."

A VOTE FOR ATISHON IS A VOTE FOR A BETTER KURAIN
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=57497995

AFAIK it covers the original trilogy. Last I recall, it's on 2-4 now.

I really recommend not watching the anime. Everything just feels so wrong and lifeless. It's a series best taken slowly anyway.

Aw yes based Paul

one thing I don't like about it is that it's a little too fast paced, I get why they would speed through the filler case, but the last episode started at 2-4 day 1 investigation and ended at the end of the day 2 investigation

Watch the live-action instead. The anime looks like it's only to cover the first two games, but it's pretty shit overall.

I think I get why all the prosecutors after Edgeworth are shit.

Edgeworth was a 1980's bully in a courtroom: richer than you, smarter, handsomer, smugger, better off in life.

Fran is just angrier, Godot is not better off, Klavier is all of the above but acts as a friend rather than bully, Blackquill is sure as hell not better off in life, but he is the rest.

It's really not worth it unless you want to experience AA and JFA again in a mediocre, rushed fashion.

Where do I dust for prints on the suitcase in 6-5?

I think it was somewhere near the top right on the front of the suitcase with all the stickers.

No, Edgeworth is the best because he has 19 cases for development, including two full games dedicated to him. Everyone else isn't shit except Klavier. Blackquill's fucking incredible despite only being in 5 cases.

>Apollo has only one moderate length case for most of the game
>Suddenly comes out of left field in the final case and gets lightyears of development in a few hours

Holy shit, please do this for the other characters.

The anime didn't play Great Revival when Edgey made his reappearance, therefore it is shit.

Will trucy become an assistant agian? now that Polly is gone

I think everyone was shocked when you start Case 5 as Apollo in the Wright Office

To Edgeworth, if the ending's anything to go by.

>think Apollo was relegated to the Case 2 role again
>6-5 starts up and I notice Polly's silhouette on the bottom screen
BRAVO YAMAZAKI

I think it is safe to assume that all performers are constantly between "being an asshole" and "being a bitter asshole"

Just like real life.

Bullshit. Uendo was friendly 3/4th's of the time.

>Dual Destines
>A terrorist threat and at most a kid with blood on her face
>rated M for Mature

>Spirit of Justice
>fully animated deaths and direct references to alcohol, even to the point of showing drunk people
>rated T for Teens (and the tags don't even mention the acohol)

Did the person who rated SoJ only watched the trailer or something? when the lower rating was announced I was expecting less disturbing shit and not more.

He got a considerable amount of development in DD as well.

If you had told me in 2008 that there would come a time when I wouldn't mind if Apollo succeeded Phoenix, I would have laughed in your face.

Now they have to stop making AA a sexless universe and we're all set

mfw Apollo pretty much dominates Phoenix in court

To be fair, this is after getting dominated multiple times by Nick in court.

It felt like they were avoiding mentioning alcohol in the game, what with Inga's grape juice, and Buck's 'bad health'

Just played the first DLC.

Part of me thinks Pearl would look cute with Ahlbi. The other part reminds me that Pearl is 18.

Is there a reason for Nick to not tell Apollo that Trucy is his sister?

I hear that they changed his kanji to mean "heavy drinker" and they costantly reference sake or rice wine.

I mean they pretty openly talk about Rice Wine / Sake in 6-4 so not really

If I see this bitch slowly windmill her arms in front of me one more time...

wasnt this DLC suppose to come with a theme? i cant find it in my collection

Was anyone else expecting the twist that the Founder's Orb and the Ami Fey Orb are the same thing and that Ami Fey IS the founder?

In the episode selection there is a button you have to click under the dlc case

That lightning strike emote is very very neato.

I was expecting a lot more to happen with the Founder's Orb but they just kind of dropped it after the civil case.

None of the facts pointed to that. Although I wouldn't put it past them.

The anime does games 1 and 2. The adaptation for game 1 is pretty bad. DL6 was fucking awful. Animation is trash.

And maybe its some delusion but one game 2 starts the anime got a lot better with pacing and animation. It's 24 episodes, and I watch it just to see some old faces.

Yeah his mother asked him not to. Did you beat the game user?

ah thanks.

why didnt it just automatically download onto my 3ds while the episode was downloading?

I like how the animals stayed with her during the wide angle shot of the courtroom.

We got another god tier character theme with this game: youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo

What are some of the other god tier character themes?

>two lawyers that have magical truth finding artifacts spout shit like "I believe in my client" in court
that's great, must be pretty easy to believe in them when you literally know they didn't do it

Fuck their mom. If that bitch wants her kids to keep thinking she's dead or missing, she can keep staying the fuck away. But Trucy and Apollo deserve to know their relationship.

Post old dank memes

youtube.com/watch?v=_SP14S9zttw
A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS

The one time Phoenix used the magatama to verify if his client didn't do it, it ended up being false.

Goddamn this is some end game-tier kinds of music. And its only case 2.

Here's a personal favorite. Spoilers if you haven't beat AAI2.
youtube.com/watch?v=2sNgB-j3fd0

That's purely because phoenix was still inexperienced with how it works and got caught off by wording

and apollo has a bracelet that literally vibrates if the client is lying, no need to shove it down the clients throat

MKGA

>her dad just died
>she's more preoccupied playing soldier and flying her drone all over instead of mourning
Does ANYONE take death seriously in this series? She's still a cute.

I never played Apollo Justice, where exactly did he get his magical bracelet?

People mourn in different ways. Not everyone blubbers and cries for days on end.

Gift from his mom that he's had ever since he was a baby. Been on his wrist all his life.

Well, considering everyone in the universe, or at least everyone who matters in these games, knows that there is some sort of afterlife I would say no.

This glorious fucker right here: youtube.com/watch?v=5NwbR_7Y8b0

Pretty sure he got it as a kid when his mother left/lost him in khura'in

What's with all the barefoot cuties in this series?

The "afterlife" is being in stasis with no concept of time that will only be stirred if you're channeled.

youtube.com/watch?v=LCbH66dgUgk

Final boss music for the game's main antagonist. Glorious.

First of all, Apollo is confirmed Atheist so he probably doesn't believe in an afterlife. Second, the Khurainese Twilight Realm is just being stuck in complete oblivion until you get summoned and then get sent back to oblivion when you're done.

Still an afterlife.

That's because her mom was a Russian paratrooper. She was born with nerves of steel.

Didn't they pretty much say this in T&T? It's how they described Dhalia's return and again when Mia gave her the "get rekt scrub" speech

There's no time for mournin' on the battlefield, private!

The OG trilogy afterlife was retconned. Remember how in 3-2 Mia nails Atmey with information that was only available BEFORE she was summoned?

Who has the best Objection theme, and why is it Apollo?

youtube.com/watch?v=ljF1kmH60Yg

There's apparently a 15th anniversary event at TGS today or tommorow. Its too soon for AA7 annoucement. Maybe DGS 2 or anime T&T?

>DGS2

Great, another non-localized title.

Maybe she read through evidence and transcripts right before she spoke up

Well, you're right.

I want to replay all the games, I'm debating between buying the trilogy or buying an r4i gold.

I want to support the series, but I also want to play all the games. Not sure what to do here

>anime T&T?
Please no. My memories have already been soiled enough.

SATORA
In about .05 seconds? I find that highly unlikely.

I bought the Trilogy and Dual Destinies since I want to support this series. Had to pirate the AAI games though

I actually like Athena's a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=GwerK5ufGTM

Don't be a filthy pirate. Especially for the one Capcom series that deserves sales.

It's too bad Capcom hates money in regards to AAI2 and DGS.

It's actually in 2 hours.

I can't really put my finger on it, but her theme just feels nostalgic for some reason. It's very sparkly regardless.

Holy shit, hype. Is going to be stream it?

According to CR, they'll be showing/livetranslating it here: cytube.court-records.net/r/cr

Have these events mostly been fluff or actually useful info?

I dunno. I don't care about Resident Evil, so I haven't been watching the stream.

I'm on Case 4, is there any investigation or is it just the case?

Just trial. Great mixup of the formula. Didn't overstay it's welcome.

AAI3 when?

Nothing can top AAI2, might as well just end it there

>you actually see dhurke get shot by inga
I was not expecting this brutality in my Ace Attorney

People say that about AA trilogy, and yet there's AA6.

The moment I realized Inga has that same condition that Ace had in 999.

To be honest, she showed the most signs of suffering out of any character I've seen in the series. When talking to people, it's far easier to put on a brave face if you're hiding behind something rather than talking to them in person, but she would still have times where she couldn't hide her sorrow during the investigation. Then there was that whole mental breakdown during the trial.

but a dragon never yields

dlc time case: what do i present to the surgeon?

It's a damn shame you hardly hear it in either of the games she appears in. Here's hoping she becomes more developed as a lawyer in the next game?

>Godot is not better off
Godot is a really shitty prosecutor, but he's a smooth talker and really knows how to fling shit.

>Jove's final memory, which proved to be so key to proving Ga'ran's guilt, was of him trying to save his son
>his final moments saved his son's life twice

It's the not-so-obvious feels that hurt the most

Soon as I found the note in his room I knew what was up

I never understood why Godot talked so much shit about Phoenix when Phoenix beats him in 2 cases before the final one

Godot is acting like he's never lost to Phoenix

Godot is a fucking jealous cunt who was hurt by the fact he couldn't save Mia. He latched onto the first person he could blame for not helping her so he didn't have to face himself.

It's because Godot is a piece of shit. He's "cool" and rather tragic, which is why I think most people like him at first or when they're younger, but then you realize he's just a dick, he's not very smart, he's not a very good prosecutor, and he causes more problems for everyone than he solves. Maybe Dahlia fucked him up good, but Mia really didn't pick a good one.

>Athena's anime cutscenes voice
What the fuck

I haven't played DD since release, was it always this bad? I'm watching that prologue animation and I feel like this is the first time I've ever heard her speak outside of objections and such

New (shit) voice actor

What the fuck

Was your taste always this bad?

Yes, it's Wendee Lee, and it doesn't fit her at all.

Nope. It was Wendee Lee in both games. I've heard that someone else did her singing voice for the Swashbuckler Spectacular though

I'm not bothered by Athena's voice so much as Apollo's new VA.

Ace Attorney is one of the only series where I manage to just not care about the English and mostly just enjoy it but OH HOLY MOTHER physically hurt me.

I didn't mind it in PW vs. Layton
Especially my waifu's breakdown

UR DIARA KURAIN

Be more specific

Why is Rayfa's voice so deep? It's not just the dub. Her Japanese voice sounds like a 30 year old woman too. Is it supposed to make her sound imposing?

Wendee Lee is a pretty shit actress yet they keep casting her in everything

People keep complaining about this like it's new to give children semi adult voices. At least she's a teenager.

Link to nip voice?

youtu.be/K_lNNGjr8PI?t=31s

It's just your typical Saori Hayami voice, maybe with a little more conviction.

She's Saori Hayami.
youtube.com/watch?v=CSE7e_btw0M

youtube.com/watch?v=K_lNNGjr8PI

She appears at :30

Shit, it's Takane from Love Plus.

Yay, peace peace

That Pursuit theme with that instrumentation makes it sound really good.

She's so many best girls and yet, her voice is almost similar in those characters.

Goddamnit. We could've had Master Asia be Reus.

>Implying Maya was any relevant

LIED TO

She's relevant to my dick, so that's all that matters.

She's still a cute

Maya was essential to the revolution. Her channeling Tahrust in court started to sway public opinion against the DC Act, and Apollo never would have met Dhurke again and gotten his hands on the Founder's Orb without her help

What are the chances that Maya is still a virgin at 28?

Maya may technically be a virgin, but she channeled Mia constantly for Nicks pleasure.

So did Maya finally become the Master in the credits?

I always thought there were more mediums than just Pearl and Maya in Kurain village and that they were just the most important since they were from the Fey clan.

I still like the AA4 rendition the best.

Tbh I'm sad they didn't bother giving anyone new objection themes this game and just gave us more remixes.

>malarkey
>phoney baloney
>heavens to betsy

why is rayfa such a dork?

Blame Nayna.

Stream when?

soundcloud.com/jazzandrain/01-ace-attorney-court-begins

Have some jazz tunes while waiting.

What is the worst mechanic, and why is it Mood Matrix?

Better than Apollo's bracelet. All you have to do is pause during a new phrase and search the entire body.

I didn't like the Divine Seance thing

She's master but in the post game DLC she's still dicking around helping Phoenix on cases since she hasn't done it in years

Perceive is obvious when you finally spot the difference, though. Mood Matrix is stupidly arbitrary and makes no sense.

I enjoyed it. It was just cross examination but using different types of evidence. It was rather tricky most of the time, which I appreciate.

Wait, the twitch animation keeps going when you pause? Fuck!

in 6 min

I thought the Mood Matrix was pretty straight forward as well, but the divination seance was the worst. Having to line up the testimony with the footage while trying to find the logic the devs were trying to get you to follow was bs. There was one or two times where I had no idea what they were trying to get me to do.

This. If I would have known this I would have passed it so many times

Mood Matrix was easy

I agree with these. Some of them made me have to look at a guide like a pleb

It's starting you fucks.

It's just a logo you fuck.

I'll just sit here and let you guys reveal it. Can't stand the hosts on these types of Japanese shows

A bathing ape?

>That t-shirt

Oh shit, I honestly forgot that was today.

Phoenix and and Apollo's VAs on stage

IGIARI

>It's a AA game featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Can't wait.

Recap time

>Going through the game chronology

This better be worth it.

>Skipped Layton vs
Triggered.

Also what's the damn point?

>itsnothing.jpg

I woke up just in time, nice.

Just in time to be disappointed

Phoenix's VA should have dressed up as Blackquill

Phoenix's VA's favorite game is AA3.

Spoken like a true patrician.

Does anybody else miss smug Phoenix from AJ?

And then he ruined it by saying his favorite character is Godot

His favorite character is Godot, so you can forget about that.

>Godotbabby
Eh.

Phoenix's VA's favorite character is Godot.

I don't know how to feel about this.

t. Phoenix

TRITE/10

Questions about AA6 next

This. I wasn't expecting much when I got it but man, it's one of my all time favorite games.

Athena died on the way to her home planet.

>No Athena

kek

so much for her ever getting developed

Now they are playing the game and having Phoenix actually say the lines. Not sure why anyone would care.

Why are they doing a live read for a scene where only Phoenix is present?

Undub AA6

Are Phoenix and Apollo together in any scenes before 6-5?

>a glimpse of what AA would be like if it had a budget

Because the game is in spoiler territory when both Apollo and Phoenix are together in AA6

They could've at least given them good scenes to read.

I wish they would be together in matrimony. Trucy's other step dad is also her half brother. Sigh....

>We don't have anything to announce so let's live dub scenes with multiple people but only have one of them on stage

>Ahlbi Ur'gaid
>Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin
>Paht Rohl

I had forgotten this series love for pun names.

They've got to have SOMETHING, seeing as it would be a colossal waste of money if they didn't have a game to promote.

Even if it's pachinko

SUBARASHIIII

You haven't even gotten to the good ones yet.

My pipe dream is that this is building up towards releasing the original trilogy with voice acting, but there's no way they'd put effort into localizing that.

For iOS only

>Case 5

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

now they're doing case 4

Kek, casual spoilers.

>Civil trial
m-muh spoilers

>Flubbing lines

i don't know nip, but they are announcing AA15, right?

What what what?

What is happening in January?

DEEBUDEE

>SKIPPING AA7-14

CUHRAZY

Capcom's bankruptcy :(

ACE ATTORNEY 2017: THE FINAL FIGHT

Woo, a novelization that nobody cares about

>TURNABOUT CREPES

>They'll reference all the events that took place in 7 - 14 with no closure

Steel Samurai manjuu? That's exactly what I was looking for!

>Merch we'll never get

Jesus, Apollo and Trucy's kids will be almost teenagers by then

It's not fair. Those god damn selfish japs need to share.

SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT

So basically this was all to promote a January event?

>DGS2
The madmen

NANIIIIIIIII?!

AWWW SHEEIT

DGS2?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GAA2

DGS2 NEVER

DGS 2 confirmed

NO WAY

DGS2!

>TRANSLATION NEVER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>DGS2

So fucking nothing for us

>DGS 2
>We don't even have DGS 1

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FAN TRANSLATION IN 2020

FUCKING CAPCOM

THEY CAN'T NOT TRANSLATE DGS NOW RIGHT

RIGHT

PLEASE

>Lamiroir finally tells Apollo Justice they have kids right before she dies in AA14
>15 focuses on their family dispute between them and the kids

What does the localization team do when AA is in its off years? Localize another series? DGS certainly has the fan outcry the main series has.

>Capcom won't translate because MUH AMERICAN SETTING

Ha ha, nope, got exactly what I was expecting.

>Localizes DGS2
>Take all the work the fan translators do
>Package them together
It's fucking foolproof. While they're at it, do the same with AAI2. They don't have to put in any work and all they have to do is pay a couple of online idiots slave wages.

What are you talking about? Clearly, our unenlightened American protagonist needs to go to Britain to learn about its glorious common law and jury system.

>Implying Lamiroir won't leave the sibling reveal as a footnote in her will.

Did they ever give real concrete reasons for not localizing DGS? Not just MUH JAPANILONDON memes. I always thought they might do it after AA6 since they were so close together.

She'll be too busy framing someone with a dying message written in her own blood

The localized setting had a lot of Japanese immigration so it'd be really easy to explain that

This game actually beats AA5, and as I expected
Apollo's trilogy comes to an end.

Phoenix not protagonist =/= no western sales.

How well did the game do in Japan?

Because if it didn't do super well there, it doesn't make any financial sense to bring it over.

I personally think that Victorian England would be a setting that would do just fine in the West.

Seems like Holmes would be a good way to market it with Sherlock being popular as shit right now

Wasn't that due to one of the world wars according to the localization team though? DGS takes place in the 19th century so they'd have to change it to the 20th while localizing it.

Does localization really cost that much? It's not like they need to remake the game. They'll gonna sell 100k units no matter what in the West, and possibly more. They're already jipping us out of a physical cartridge. I just can't see how it won't make money.

If it didn't do financially well in Japan, why did they make a sequel to it then? Localizing it has to cost less than making an english version they'll only put on the eshop.

Why would they need to change the setting? Just say it's Phoenix's ancestor from Japan going to London. People understand how immigration works. I don't think people mind London as a setting.

Seriously though, if they can only localize one game at a time, doing DGS now would make sense since there's no AA7 on the horizon (I'm assuming there won't be for another year at least). Even if they don't think it'll sell that much, isn't it better than literally doing nothing?

Having not played DGS at all, do we think they're gonna try to resolve the plot in the second game? I know they were planning on a trilogy, but if the first one didn't sell well, maybe they'll try to wrap up in just one game?

Too early to tell. It's possible, but since Takumi seems to have some pull at Capcom, I wouldn't be surprised if they still let him do all three.

Was it ever explained why DGS wouldn't be released in the west, or is Capcom just being lazy?

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

I think they have a small core localization team that they want to dedicate to one game at a time. I guess they wanted to focus on AA6 first, which makes sense from most perspectives since the two were announced around the same time, but since DGS came out first, it makes it seem like it was shafted. Hopefully they'll announce a localization eventually ;_;

It sounds like AA7 will take a while to be released, so maybe they'll dedicate the extra time to DGS? Who am I kidding, this is going to be just like AI2.

If it follows the pattern of AA5->AA6, it'll be at least 2019 before we get AA7.

>yfw they release a 3DS AAI collection before DGS

AA7 on Nintendo NX or iOS only

Capcom has said that AAI2 was a super weird spot because it was both a sequel to a spinoff that didn't sell amazingly well, and it was released in Japan right before the launch of the 3DS. If it were localized, it would be a DS game after the launch of the 3DS, which they didn't want to do. And finally, there's no "game after it", so there's no true pressure to localize. So all those combined leave it untranslated officially.

I think if DGS is where the series is headed, then Capcom doesn't have a choice but to localize, I hope.

>Be Android user

>we don't even have the first one yet

J
U
S
T

>be Susato
>travel from Japan to London
>the man you're an assistant to dies in an extremely silly way
>meet your hero THE Sherlock Holmes
>get invited to live in his attic
>get telegram saying your dad's not feeling well
>go back to Japan alone
>by the time you get there, he's dead
How will they yank her chain in 2?
>becomes a murder suspect

If only LEVEL5 could localize the shit out of it, their job its outstanding.

>Apollo will never go after the Agency women because they're co-workers

Being fair Level 5 takes like 3 years to localize their shit

With AA6 finally done and released, the AA localization team has nothing going on, so with this announcement is the perfect time to localize DGS 1

Also
>mfw retards thought DGS was standalone

Subbed DGS2 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6tidI8NNo

>no DGS localization
>fan translation is still years away
Time to pirate DGS and use that translated playthrough then.

What am I in for?

I didn't watch the stream, but I'm assuming the only notable thing about it was DGS2?

Better than no localization at all. Would rather have them hired to translate DGS2 while Capcom's team localizes the first one.

DGS2 and some merch

How would Apollo's arc have gone if Takumi had stayed as the writer for AA 5 and 6?

What would DGS even be called if it was localized?

Dude, just watch on youtube if you have to do something that convoluted.

Phoenix wouldn't have gotten his badge back

Phoenix Wright's Ancestor Ace Attorney

Why would you even "play" a pirated version if you're going to read all the text in the playthrough anyways?

Before Phoenix Wright - The Great Ace Attorney

I enjoyed 5 and 6, but it does feel kind of weird how I thought AA4 was setting up an arc, but then 5 was mostly about Athena, only for her to be shoved in the background with 6. It just feels sloppy to me. And Phoenix gets be the named character even though he was probably the least important character in 5

I thought she had a good story for a murderer. A lot of PW villains alternate between sympathetic murderers and MWAHAHAHA bad guys. Geiru was neither. She clearly did a terrible and inexcusable thing knowingly, but in the end she felt remorse about what she had done. She even cried about it. I thought that was interesting. It seemed like maybe by the end she had even learned a lesson.

I honestly thought Case 4 was pretty good. It's just a bit too Japanesey.

On the one hand, I wish they would've burger'd it up so it wouldn't be so uninteresting. On the other, I'm glad we have Weeb Blackquill.

I felt bad for her. Usually I feel good when sending the criminals off to jail during the end of each trial, but this one was bittersweet.

I'm still into case 3 but I love how the game is CONSTANTLY MOCKING RELIGIOUS FANATICS.

goddammit, most of the time they don't have any proof of sort, but they always have the upper hand because Phoenix is considered satan.

One thing I don't like is that so far the new prosecutor is an UTTER IDIOT. I don't think I've ever heard him say one thing relevant to the case or rising an objection without screaming YOU ARE INSULTING MU RELIGION.

Are you falseflagging or just stupid?

Why doesn't the Kura'in Judge remember that Divination Seances aren't supposed to be absolute truth? Isn't he old enough to remember when they used to be debated?

He's old enough to have forgotten things.

>"Oh, wow! She has--?! Oh, Trucy! You are BAD!"

W-what did she have in her bag?

So just finished the game, guessing were going to focus on Athena next main series game now. With a case back in Khur'ain with Apollo to keep the divination gimmick.

The twins a best.

Simon definitely made the case a lot better. I was surprised by how awesome he was as an assistant. I probably shouldn't have been, though, as he was a fun character as a prosecutor too.

My favorite character in the case, though, was Uendo. all four of them.

I'm playing Apollo Justice for the first time since I liked Apollo in 5 and 6. And wow, Phoenix is very different in this game, so is Apollo. But Phoenix is like this mysterious assholish master chess player type dude in this game, wth?

fake doctors' notes to get out of school

Will probably be Athena defending someone for killing Apollo and Trucy's mom, and finally revealing to them that they're siblings

Condoms for all the bad boys she let fuck her tight little pussy

I think he does remember at one point. The problem is that all the defense attorneys have either been arrested, killed or driven out of their profession by lack of incentive. Therefore there isn't really anybody to argue the vision as Reyfa's insights tend to favor the prosecution.

a locket with a picture in it of her and apollo holding hands and smiling

Why did Shu Takumi leave the series?

he decided he had to shu

Because he didn't want to keep beating a dead horse.

Then why did he come back for PLAA?

>First DLC "case"
>Pearls is about to channel
>She doesn't fucking channel Mia

Because spinoffs are fine, but not the main story.

Man this game had a lot of dead parents/parental figures

Great game though.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

>Is Attorney Online alive?
No.
>I really want to get on it
You really don't.

Do I need to play any of the Professor Layton games before PLvsAA?

Also whats the best way to replay the trilogy? I remember jack shit about it 'cept for familiar faces and my hype is still strong from SoJ

Yes

Play the originals in release order or play the Trilogy port for 3DS

How do I get through Sarge's testimony?
Not sure why Datz hang around his house either. Maybe his suitcase?

you should be good with just playing the Curious Village

does the port have improvements?

>they censored the scene when Pearl channeled Judge's father.
kek

No way, Asians always overreacting in movies/ tv series.

I gotcha
"I didn't have eyes on the ground, as I'd already mounted my siege defense, but..." present the drone here

Does Takumi have a twitter? Maybe someone could ask him what his original plan for Apollo was going to be, because I have always wondered this myself.

Hobo Wright was better anyways, so that's already a massive plus.

How was Hobo Phoenix better? He acted nothing like normal Phoenix, and was this jaded all knowing master manipulator

Just started case three. Cases One and Two were great. Hoping the rest of the game keeps up this quality.

I heard the mobile ports were horrible. I'm sure the 3DS version of the trilogy is way better, but I don't know how much it improves from the mobile ports, or if it was done from scratch.

The mobile ports had shitty graphics, sound, missing character animations and flashback scenes.

Most just recommend going with the DS versions.

>Stayed up till 5 am just to finish Case 5
I absolutely do not regret it

Why do you think she keeps Ahlbi around?

Not reading this thread for fear of spoilers since I'm only on case 3 but just popped in to let everyone know that Capcom is a bunch of fuckers and will never localize DGS even though they just announced the sequel. They have a good engine on the 3DS, production costs can't be that high, cost of release is just minus Nintendo's cut on the eShop. Marketing for Ace Attorney has never existed in the west so that's a nonissue.

Among their many other fucking stupid choices, Capcom are some genuine dicksuckers.

>Stayed up till 4 am with a test at 8 to finish Case 5

He was still the same old Phoenix, you just couldn't tell until we got to take control of him in the final case and get access to his monologues again.

In the first part of Case 5 of SoJ, Phoenix also didn't act like himself and was portrayed as some all powerful, all knowing living legend, but this was because we were unable to see his monologues since we were controlling Apollo.

As for being a jaded, all knowing master manipulator, his morals got skewered to hell and back while investigating his final case over a course of 7 years. If it wasn't for Trucy, he would have definitely been more of an asshole than what we seen in AA4.

To be honest I think the issue with the western release comes from a possible threat of being sue'd by the Conan Doyle estate for copyright on the Sherlock Holmes character.
Released date confirmed for 2027 when the copyright fully expires ;_;

that's fucking retarded, Sherlock Holmes has been in the public domain forever and if there was a threat of copyright then that would count for Japan too

WHAT THE FUCK I thought he meant he retrieved the drone.
Fuck this trial

THE HECK?! That's retarded! We'll get the fan translation sooner.

Somebody probably already made this joke but

>Apollo = A POO IN LOO

that doesn't really work so probably not

For Europe and Japan yes they are in the public domain since 2000 but for the US they essentially have an extra 20 or so years added on.

Those Guy Ritchie Sherlock movies required a license and a share of the profits to be payed towards the estate. It was also the reason why the recent Mr Holmes movie got into a lot of legal shit.
For a small crew with lower budget compared to other capcom IP studios, the costs and legal hubbub may be too much to bear

The recent Mr Holmes movie got in a lot of shit because the only thing NOT public domain is the last few stories, where Holmes is retired. Which is what Mr Holmes is about. Guy Ritchie only paid fees because EVERYONE did at that point, something which got overturned five or so years ago.

I understand that they might not be brave enough to just fucking release the game, but their version of Holmes shouldn't run into trouble at all.

It remineded me of those Detective Conan cases where the motive turns out to be a misunderstanding making the thing pretty tragic

>SHINE

Oh boy that was silly as fuck.

Were people happy that this was a stealth Apollo Justice game?

Well the characters in the game are always overreacting too so it's fitting

Shit now I'm stuck on the next one with the orb on fire.

try again, now use ctrl+s on highlighted text

>Tag for partial nudity
I'm halfway through Case 5 and I still haven't seen it

The AAI games had great character themes overall.

youtube.com/watch?v=VgO38SDgiAU
youtube.com/watch?v=-2wRckkYdM0
youtube.com/watch?v=-5YDqLqeABw
youtube.com/watch?v=gXLRvKBDAKs

>that one court animation where he just walks away casually

God, I tried to hate that character so hard but I just couldn't

That shit was hilarious

What was the question he was asked where he just said "Yes." and walked away again?

>this theme

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've fallen in love with Rayfa's theme just like I did with Rayfa herself: youtube.com/watch?v=Zrgd7fUnjmo

It sounds so innocent and whimsical, it's a perfect representation of who she is behind her act and devotion to her duty.

>wake up
>DGS 2 announced

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CAN HANDLE WITH HAVING 1 GAME UNLOCALIZED BUT NOT 2 GAMES

at least it's not AAI3

imagine if it was actually a game worth playing

Come on now user, AAI1 was fucking mediocre but AAI2 was a masterpiece. It can go the same way with DGS

In fact, I'm expecting 2 to be significantly better. The plot shouldn't take nearly as long to get going now that the general setting has been established, and all the teases from the first game should pay off here.

technically 3 games

No one?
I hope there's a guide somewhere then. Why are these suddenly so difficult?

If you've played since the first game you should have probably realized by now that the AA world is a complete distopic shithole where only when Phoenix showed up things started getting better. Things like your pick are probably everyday occurrence.

idk exactly where you are but try checking the profiles

Check gamefaqs. they have a guide

You have to present something so no profile naturally.
It's the part with the orb on fire and Sarge sees her mom in it.

He can't have died right after that scene because he had hidden the orb in the mountain before being killed

>Fell asleep before the THS conference
>wake up
>DGS 2 is announced
>Still no mention of a localization for the first one

FUCK

Fingerprints is way worse

Fingerprints would've been way better if the fucking controls were better. Not being able to zoom in and zoom out made it a fucking chore

Probably because '''''Maya''''' was topless

I never realized how a bearded asian judge made no sense until now

I fucking love that, holy shit

This fucker is now one of my favorite villains. The presentation to his reveal was fucking great

"Ha Ha Ha. There's nothing up my sleeve. I don't NEED to hide anything up there...because I require no tricks or gimmicks. For you see...my magic is the real deal."

Then the fucker rolls up his sleeve and does his signature pose that was in the poster. The subtle transformation was fantastic and his breakdown was the best in the game

Such a great reveal and a great theme
youtube.com/watch?v=gk7Rfl4rpHo

>Capcom

fucking hell localise DGS1 first you shitters

I thought the whole case was mediocre, but his reveal was really good. Saved it from being a boring case.

>"The murder was at 3 PM"
>present lion's roar and dog's bark
>Both wrong
>Finally present lion's roar in contradiction to "call from the castle"
>The contradiction was "There are no lions in the castle"
>They figure out the call came from the bazaar using Ahlbi's statement about what happened at 2 PM
>They still think it all happened at 3 PM for another whole testimony

I agree. It looked like 6-2 was going to be mediocre, but then this asshole does his magic and everything goes crazy

>People want DGS when is one of the worst in the series

I hope Capcom translates it so the tears can flow endlessly about how people waited years for such a disappointment.

I'm excited for DGS2 though. If AAI1 and AAI2 are any indication, they probably would have fixed the previous game's mistakes.

What makes it so bad? It's pretty much what Shu wanted to do all along right?

I can't find Turnabout Revolution on this.

>not wanting to play every game in a series you like

I think this is the faggot who comes here after every case to update his chart

>Rise from the Ashes as God Tier
>Turnabout Sisters as Mid Tier

I'll explain:
*Rise from the Ashes should be Mid Tier only because of how stretched it is, how pointless a lot of scenes are (most of them include Marshall) and how fucking stupid your client is.
*Turnabout Sisters should be Shit Tier because of how it ends: after hammering down through the whole case that this turnabout is about overcoming corruption and people in high places, what happenes? Redd White is about to get away anyway and he's stopped by a literal Deus Ex Machina that magically resolves everything. Also, bonus negative points for the fact that NOONE bothered to watch the back of the paper with Maya's name.

>5-4/5-5 in god tier
trash this.

There's no way it's worse than JFA, AJ, and AAI1.
I refuse to believe.

>The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro
>"Let's have case 4 as complete filler between two vital story cases with a 'murder' so retarded it has even less redeeming qualities than that of The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band"
>but hey, this way we can have Natsume Souseki in the game!
At least Turnabout Storyteller has Uendo and Blackquill saving it.

Didn't DGS have extremely wonky pacing with one case not even having a trial and one of the most pathetic deaths in the series?

Without going into that much detail, is kind of a mess.

The first trial's culprit gets away with murder and the motive is never explained, second case doesn't have a trial and kills the main character's childhood friend in one of the most stupid ways possible, the fourth case is pure retardation and too many coincidences happening at once and the fifth is just way too long for how obvious the culprit is, ending the game on a cliffhanger.

The characters and witnesses aren't interesting or entertaining besides a couple of exceptions (Megundal, Gina, Van Zieks...), Susato is one of the worst assistants in terms of personality and offers almost nothing to the table besides knowledge of the country that could have been done by literally everyone else, Joint Resoning is Sherlock being a fucking retard and is never really funny (which I guess is the intent), the Jurist system makes the trials very repetitive since they flow exactly the same for the most part (Van Zieks puts some hard evidence into the table, everyone says the accused is guilty, Naruhodo points how fucking stupid their reasoning is, rinse and repeat) and when is repeated a lot of times makes the character look stupid for the sake of making you play the gimmick again (basically bad writing)...

The music, animations and graphics are good, but the rest is not.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6tidI8NNo

So what are the odds we'll get the first at some point localized?

I haven't finished it yet.

Is not worse than AJ, but is arguarbly worse than JFA and AAI1.

Case 2, Adventure of Speckled Band. Is shit by the way.

AJ is my favorite game in the series. Fuck you.

Did Takumi hit his peak with Ghost Trick?

Probably, although it's hard to get better or as good as that. Same with Yamazaki and AAI2.

I enjoyed every single game in the AA series, so I'm sure I'll enjoy DGS as well, even if it's just the great music and animations. Fuck your shit, debbie downer.

They probably did that just to avoid having to actually make new sprites for the mini-case.

This, of course. Same reason the terrorist was just a generic bailiff. Well that worked into the plot as well I guess but still

It's not like you even saw anything even partial

>that ripoff steel samurai theme

>Saved it from being a boring case.

It's literally Grape Juice though.
>Apollo tells Athena that Nick was a heavy drinker of Grape Juice when he was hobo nick
>Athena: [x] Doubt
Gave me a fuckin chuckle

Why are you posting this boring waifubait character?

>Edgeworth almost goes on an autismal rant over how the plumed punisher is a shitty chinese knock-off of the steel samurai

>...wait, did she just call herself "lovely"?

>He does it again in Asinine Attorney
>Phoenix cuts him off because he can get started

>and at most a kid with blood on her face

come on

>the Jurist system makes the trials very repetitive since they flow exactly the same for the most part (Van Zieks puts some hard evidence into the table, everyone says the accused is guilty, Naruhodo points how fucking stupid their reasoning is, rinse and repeat) and when is repeated a lot of times makes the character look stupid for the sake of making you play the gimmick again (basically bad writing).
Reminder that people are angry that this system wasn't in DD or SoJ

I mean, that's technically what it is, but I can totally see them bumping up the rating for the implications

also

Why the fuck did this game ship Trucy and Apollo so hard knowing that they're siblings? And then made sure to let players who didn't play AJ know they're siblings with the post credit stinger

>Mommy was broken so I'm fixing her

What happened to the anime cutscenes in this game? I know not everyone liked that there were so many in DD, but quite a few of them (case-related ones) were pretty good. Why is there really only one for each case (and two for the last case)?

I miss having cryptic case openings, too, the opening cutscenes in SoJ all kind of sucked.

Are they going to upload the EUR cias for the DLC any day soon?

No idea, maybe they blew part of the budget for them on the opening anime that was posted on youtube. Also the fact that they did in-engine cutscenes for many moment that would've used anime ones in DD.

They're already up.

Because

Yeah, the one-time animations were cool, that's true. There's no real cutscenes with any big impact except that one in the final case, though.

They're just half-siblings. What's the worst that could happen?

can't find them anywhere, only US

Hey there, I'm the best mother ever

mega:///#!T5JAzABb!BUUb1T5BPtyefoyrC0x0YK7MZ_FRMulWvMdUz5BAbYA

thanks a lot user

YOU RUINED EVERYTHING

Pls

wait shit I need the password

Is there a reason she won't let Phoenix tell them they're related?

She's not a mother.

Password = MattKimura

Did they just copy paste her AJ art? Jesus Christ,

It counts as an adoptive parent

They? That non-official art, user.

Gumshoe when?

She's a terrible mother..

Fuck, I can't access the DLC, it tells me to update my firmware in order to get it. Even though I already installed the .cia.

Am I doing anything wrong? I'm trying to use x View DLC

Oh I thought it was from the art book or something.

What are you running? Luma 3DS? Cakes? RxTools? Gateway?
Is your 3DS firmware on 11.1 or something earlier?

If it is an earlier firmware see if it's safe to update it with whatever you're running.
Otherwise, try running ctr-httpwn to circumvent the firmware update nags.
github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn

RxTools with the oldest possible version, I think I'll need to do what you said

That's weird. I'm on Luma 11.0 and was able to use the DLC. Playing the time travel case right now

Yeah, when you get the opportunity you should look into moving on from RxTools.
gbatemp.net/threads/psa-stop-using-rxtools.441784/

Getting A9LH/Luma installed will be so much better.

Do you know any guides to install Luna from rxtools?

NM it's linked in the post

actually, shit, it doesn't seem like there's an easy way to update from 2.6 with browser hax to luma

It's literally extracting the files and overwriting.
You don't lose shit.
A9LH is more complicated, but it's not necessary and you risk a softbrick when downgrading.

How much of Case 5 could've been avoided if Dhurke had told Apollo he was dead and possessing Maya

Best table slam in the franchise ever.

Also man the voice acting in that game blows the Funimation shit in 5 and 6 out of the water.

Yeah the dubbing in 5 and 6 leave something to be desired.

>Probably serving multiple life sentences for corporate espionage

Anyone else notice how intense Nahyuta's desk slam was?

Any chance we'll get more costume DLC? Would like a Punished Apollo costume

I really liked his clap that stopped the music

They put it just for lulz.

Oh, hey, how was aai2? So much fun, playing the official version, huh?

I would change places monstrous and recipie.