How does Cred Forums feel about this game?

How does Cred Forums feel about this game?

Thinking of buying it because it's only $7 on PSN. I remember initial reception of it being bad though

it's great for bullshots, look shit ingame tho

great graphics and you can tell they poured a lot of love into the cars, the tracks are beautifull and its a solid 8/10 in my opinion.

PS4pro update?

upscaled bullshots, even more resolution to show how bad it looks ingame

d-don't make me post webms!!!

it would be at least an 8/10 if not for the penalty system that penalizes you for having fun and not taking the game super seriously like a simulator, all the while the game is designed more like an arcade racer

seriously if they removed the penalty system it would be a perfect racing game. but with it a lot of the fun is cheapened by bullshit like cutting your speed in half for missing a corner or getting rammed by an AI car

also im tired of this rain on the camera in third person meme. its obnoxious.

>look shit ingame tho

Yeah ok

T-THAT LOOKS LIKE S-SHIT

#PEECEE4LYFE

Why do all the PAL covers look so shitty?

Like I can understand back before 2006, but what the fuck?

It's a beautiful racing game that's not fun at all.

Why do people still play driving games?
They're repetitive and unimaginative as fuck

Why not?

pretty sure it is free for any one who has plus.
I got it on my account never played it though.

see

It is straight up the best racer this gen and it is one of the best racers of this decade.
The launch had online problems and thats about it. Only the online part didn't work. People are saying that they changed the gameplay since launch and that they love it now, but that is straight up a lie. They didn't change shit.
>looks shit ingame
top kek its the best in the industry.
doesn't need one.

No joke that looks fucking insane.

The penalty system and the AI has been changed a lot through patches though. I suggest trying it one more time if you still have it.

Bought it on release and played it quite a bit. The game is beautiful and drifting is comfy af. As another user said the penalty systen was shit. I just might take another crack at it this weekend

its still there though. I want to have fun when i race not get penalized for trying to take a shortcut through a corner that they so thoughtfully decided to include

the penalty system is lazy when dirt corners already slow you down anyway. its like having a nanny that scolds you for not coloring within the lines. Fuck you woman, i'll color where I please!

Yeah i can feel you on that. But i thought you could turn some of that off in the settings or something?

Another shitty ass "simulation" game with awful physics. I got a refund immediately, and bought Assetto Corsa.

Forza 6 is much better.

Looks pretty good, I mean LOOK AT THIS

I don't play much racing games, but I wanna try

Is this a good place to get started?

does this game have the hachi-roku? I'd love a game like this with a bunch of shitboxes. festiva vs. 85 tercel

good graphics in a racing game is like big tits on a fat chick.

I believe one of them is forza but you wouldn't be able to tell because the bit rate is fuckin abysmal so you can't see how stale it actually looks.

Regardless Driveclub doesn't just have good graphics. It has the best fucking graphics.

>that vegetation sticking out of those low res rock(?) textures like a pincushion

>nitpicking something you won't ever see during gameplay.

Are you desperate to shit on this game for some reason?

Thought it was a picture till I saw the fucking rocks on the left, what the fuck where they thinking?

you're the one that said "best fucking graphics" in case you forgot the specifics of the post you made a few min ago

>hashtag
disregarded.

I don't see you post anything that has better graphics?
The vast majority of the game won't have your nitpick even visible so why are you pretending thats the norm?
You can find that in any game.

Hold up, which track is this one? Scotland?

learn to read i guess. don't know what to tell ya

It's fun, but I can only stand to play it while listening to Daytona USA music and drifting around corners.

Excellent post.

>that vegetation sticking out of those low res rock(?) textures like a pincushion

But what does it have to do with the graphics?

You are literally talking about something you basically wont ever see in the game as an arguement as to why the game doesn't have "the best fucking graphics" then make the connection.

How does Cred Forums feel about THIS game?

Cars handle like shit.
It's pretty though.
Also, it was a big plunder at launch (lacked content and online didn't work which caused massive pr disaster for Sony) even though it was delayed for more than a year. Sony shut down the studio as a result.
They could have made Motor Storm instead but they made this shit instead.
>tfw we will never get an open world Motor Storm set in Pacific Rift's island.

>even though it was delayed for more than a year. Sony shut down the studio as a result
I hate when people just doesn't know what they are talking about and spread misinformation like this.

Shut your retard mouth. The cars don't handle like shit either.

Sony shut down the studio because they were redundant. Why would they want another realistic racer when they have the flagship racing game of the entire planet in Gran turismo?

DLC, the game.

#devsfiredaftergameshiftLOL

It's Australia and it's from Horizon 3, kek.

Amazing graphics, terrible gameplay.

It's way more arcade-ish than it should be, the controls don't feel as good as it should and the vehicle physics are just pathetic.

For me, the shitty physics are what make the game completely unplayable.

It just doesn't feel like an actual car with friction at it's tires and stuff.

DriveClub is not a realistic racer and the cars handle like shit.

It is realistic compared to the vast majority of racing games in the world. only games like gran turismo and project cars are more realistic. The rest are either simulators with shit unrealistic graphics or unrealistic arcade racing games ala need for speed.

Have you literally only played 3 video games with real cars in your life

Name 1 game that has realistic graphics and realistic gameplay that isn't a simulator as i said before.

Even simulators have less realistic graphics than driveclub.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was shit though, I don't know if I could trust them to make another one.

Long time PS3 Motorstorm player here

like since 2007 long time

Cant belive its the same devs why would they drop motorstorm for this shit game and then get shut down?

They could have made Motorstorm 4 and it would have been amazing.