YiiK: A post modern rpg

Is this enough to convince you that YIIK is the JRPG OF THE FRICKING CENTURY?!?!
youtube.com/watch?v=7hhx5RPNSwE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrAU4ORw_91GtbTsEq6MNL9Wt3D71z59v
youtube.com/watch?v=t7_Gs73iP2s
youtube.com/watch?v=8egDoNHtmhE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism
youtube.com/watch?v=7hhx5RPNSwE
youtube.com/watch?v=uy0q4WTBfjc
youtube.com/watch?v=IPhESXpSGlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"We're going for the SJW Tumblrite crowd with this one"

>"there's alot of pressure on you to pay for your house and get a job"
>"we found that problematic, so we're introducing a custom quest that lets you stick it to the sheep who run the global housing pyramid scheme"

>there are people on this board actually excited to play as a nu-male with a party of sjw tag alongs

Looks like fucking shit. Some liberal nu males will probably like it though, since it seems like it's them they're aiming for.

Would have been good.
If they didn't go for the Hipster retro 90's stuff is so in right now the game.

It feels and looks like you play as modern day hipsters in a 90's setting.

so Cred Forums?

>their selling point is post modernism
so it's basically full of adventure time and deadpool kind of jokes but without the style that made them bearable, all to cash in to "lol so nerd xD" audience
I think I'll pass

kid..we're alt right..we're real tough..unlike them cucks...nuthin personel heh..

I may be a bit drunk but isn't it Y2K, not YiiK?

I don't think it will sell very well.
Even if they try shaming the audience into buying it.

wtf are you supposed to do if you need classes?

contacts are fucking awful

>tfw the era of playing as a badass dude is over

what is wrong with attractive sensible male characters?

>JRPG

>JRPG
>J
"No."

the thing is the photos in this image include pretty much every man around 30 with short hair. And with short hair I just mean "not longer than your shoulder". The guy in the top left doesn't even look that nerdy.

blow it out your ass

its a japanese style rpg.
so a jrpg

A JRPG is a rpg made in japan you retarded shill

I'm glad you censored the word fucking. It would have really triggered me.

>refer to yourself as post-modern

no you dumbfuck is a style of game making, will you call dark souls a JRPG?

Looks a little too inspired on so many things and i don't dig the art stile, 5/10.

>and so this is an X style game with elements of X and also some X added in

>Here in the battle system we have X style gameplay from X series have you heard of it?

>Here we use X just like in X

there are so many things that indicate a nu-male
if you can't tell the difference, then you probably are one yourself

Dark Souls isn't an RPG

inb4 greentext

>90' era
>2016 hipster beard
>jobless college student

Given that its made by japanese devs in japan, yeah thats precisely what its called, just because you're too fucking dumb to do your job properly doesn't mean you can mangle the meaning of the fucking word

the fuck is post-modern even supposed to mean in this context.
fuck writers and their shitty classification methods.

I would only buy this if I could get it physical for the Vita. And since I missed my small window of opportunity to get it I'll probably just never play it.

Even though it does look at least decent. Probably a solid 7/10 game

>Replying to dumb bait

Fuck off retards

It means they managed to get through feminist studies at NYU without ever actually stepping inside a museum.

Yeah can't wait for another so deep indie RPG
This will be shit
Undertale was shit
LISA was shit

Fuck off

>le dumb uncultured alt right anime posters
lmaoing @ your lifes

ANYONE who markets their product as post modern needs to be put down like a rabid dog. These people don't even know what that word means.

>Labeling any form of media as 'post-modern'

TOP WEW
O
P
W
E
W

lol

>Post-modern
>doesn't take place in the future
/lit/ was a mistake

it means self referential, or self awareness of what's come before. The meaning is simple, but it just sounds so horrible pretentious to use it in your title.

are you really that dumb or are you pretending

>shitting on an entire game because it appeals to normies/SJWs/nu-males
>haven't seen one post ITT about the gameplay
Never change, Cred Forums.

It certainly looks better than the earlier demo, but still slow. I actually like the art style though and the animations are charming in their weird, low framerate. I'm sure the music will be solid, and I like that areas don't repopulate with enemies, except for designated grinding areas.

My only problem with how the game looks so far is the WACKY META VIEWPOINT xD. I thought the old gameplay trailer looked awful, but it seemed to have received a lot of poor feedback, and the combat looks faster and more polished now.

I just don't approve of ego-stroking prosenigger shit.
It sounds like a fucking marketing term.

And if is was a post about federation force, zelda, dark souls, titanfall, would you feel the same way?

I like the 90s Internet browser thing there, but that's it

>Is this enough to convince you that YIIK is the JRPG OF THE FRICKING CENTURY?!?!

No.

Glitched will be the RPG of the century. Screencap this post.

it's being used precisely for that reason. To sound fartsy and educated.

Yes?

>tfw we finally got past through the age of bland, uninspired retro patformers
>but then we landed into the lol Earthbound inspired donut steel rpg era

What is Yiik even supposed to mean?
did they name it based on what scrabble tiles they could pick off the floor?

> JRPG
> western made

Fuck off. I'm sick of western indie devs and gaming journalists shoving western rpg as japanese rpg.

It seems to be a pretentious reference to Y2K conspiracy theories from 1999.

Because apparently 90's kids pandering somehow makes you deep and meaningful.

earthbound is a meme now. Were any of these twerps even around when it came out?

it's Y2K, or year 2000
Cause it's post modern

>90s kids and US GAMERS in one package
oh boy

If you actually want to see what the Prime demo looks like I have an LP of it:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrAU4ORw_91GtbTsEq6MNL9Wt3D71z59v
Start looking around the town in ep.2 if you want dungeon/combat it starts on ep.3.

looks like shit furfag

>A post-modern rpg's.
>No post-modern themes or techniques, it's just overused jokes and references to 90's pop culture

This is just going to be an Indie Borderlands isn't it? Jesus christ even UNDERTALE was more accurate to overused pomo themes.

>HAHA I'M GOING TO PRETEND TO HYPE UP THIS PIECE OF SHIT
I hope you die in your sleep, OP. I'm sick of your shit threads.

earthbound was cancer since the begging

/thread

>hire artist exclusively for enemy battle sprites
>it looks good
>rest of the game is mediocre

Why not go all the way and hire someone really good at overworld tiles and scenery?

When they announced YiiK I was hoping it'd end up much more than it actually is. I remember a few anons who thought the low poly look was cool, but that seems to be the only positive for the game.

This is probably the dude who went around making falseflag shill threads for this and Knuckle Sandwich (and probably those Mother 4 threads that said something about how it's going to rock your socks).

I give them some points for not using "retro" pixel art, but calling themself "postmodern" damned them from the start.

>let me list a shit ton of games that you people liked so that you can clearly see we have no creative talent
I love how the word "inspired" has become "taken from".

The in game animation was decent. It's a shame everything else is so fucking bad.

Let me guess, none of these fags look like their in-game selves?

>In-game message board
>Guy refers to it to something somewhere between craigslist and Cred Forums

When it's YIIK it makes you read it as "Yick"

Which is the general reaction to this game

>Knuckle Sandwich
what was the other abstract mother like game?

>Shitty pretentious SJW persona rip off.

>Game set in 1999
>Constant references and allusions to millennial games and pop culture.

Most nu-males goes for thick rimmed glasses. Go for something tasteful and subtle and you'll be fine.

I think you're talking about Glitched?

>you're gonna see our unique battle system here
>literally just a ripoff of every RPG with timing based attacks

Basically Paper Mario attacks and the Shadow Hearts ring of fate. So original!

No, it was much more abstract looking, handdrawn

It's not original, it's Post-Modern

this, where is the RPG that actually takes place in 2000 america. or in 2002 where 9/11 never happened

>if you dont have time, we disable battles and level you up automatically

What demographic were they targeting?

people who want to be fashionable on twitter

they ripped shadow hearts?
FUCKS NOW THIS IS PERSONAL

They don't know what demographic to aim for.

People who hate videogames but want to be in the game industry

The shitty hipsters who just want a pandering story they can claim is 2deep4u, just like those in the game

each of these meme waves manages to produce a couple decent games, lisa the painful and undertale were good. yuck doesn't look too promising tho

the main character uses an LP for his weapon and the attacks are a direct rip off of it

Is there a disabled character?
If not its not inclusive enough for me to bother. Fucking mass effect had it some 10 years ago.

as someone who can't for the life of anything find a job in the industry, im literally in tears.

It looks like it wants to be some kind of minecraft RPG mod but it doesnt at the same time

>yuck
damn son. this game is gonna get burned harder than gray goo

Okay, the fact that they though the 90s were about records and not cds shows they dont know anything.

omori, the vaporware vaporwave rpg

vinyls are just a hipster thing in general

unironically: game reviewers

that user isn't talking about programmers

>protagonist is sean murray

The title calls itself Post-Modern, that alone shows the "creator" is just bullshitting everything.

where my LISA bros at

Well he's a hipster so he might be one of those "WOW REMEMBER LPS THEY WERE SO COOL GUIZ"

So far we've seen him, the bitch with the keytar, the Niggaboo, and the autistic guy in the striped shirt who uses camera-fu

Not sure what the rest will be aside form the black chick who will surely be a soul sista who attacks with rockin beats yo

they could've at least gone with mixtapes, which were both trendy in the 90s and today

yeah, i used to make those too.

ah yes thats it, thanks

Is this the videogames adaptation of "El mariachi"

>"blue mage" type character gets low quality samples from enemies to create a preset string of attacks
some attempt at flavor + novelty would not be hard

Earthbound was a mistake. Look at all these games that it created.

>nu-male protagonist
hahahaha this is a prime example of a shitty cuck game

it created 2015's GOTY not memeing

watch what you say, you might "inspire" them.

Doesn't this game have an insanely gimmicky battle system?

I was actually kind of excited when I read about this in a magazine like a year ago, but the slow gameplay and a few other things kind of turned me off from this. Also, I think it's okay to borrow some things from other works, but not only ripping gameplay mechanics from a bunch of games and then telling everyone exactly where each piece of gameplay came from just bothers me. In less than a minute, they referenced 10 games from which they "drew inspiration". It just doesn't seem original enough.

One good thing I can say about the game is that its reference list serves as a list of good games I think I'll play instead of this one.

I could make better characters than this crap game

>An African Shaman that uses an old timey camera to literally capture the souls of monsters and uses them for attacks. Higher quality photos make stronger attacks

DONE.

No user. That doesn't happen in the video. I don't want to believe that the "we want to skip gameplay" meme isn't just a meme.

yes, the player.

But The Witcher 3 plays nothing like Earthbound.

Don't forget to make it slow as fuck so anyone with a pulse can do it

that's because even earthbound managed to have more meaningful choices and variety in gameplay

the fighting system looks tedious as fuck

You can even slow down the game to make it even easier

But they outright say there's going to be a mode that lets you skip everything but boss battles which will probably be super easy

the time slow thing to scum out the action commands is an interesting concept, but that's the only salvageable thing in this mess and it's implemented poorly.

Why does it take so long for them to discuss the gameplay? All i want to see is how it plays.

but user THAT IS RACIST

If a white person makes a game about white people they are racist. If a white person makes a game about a not white person, they're racist...

>They show off a gameplay video
>Basic fight with one enemy takes 5 minutes and the player is never challenged at any point
>Video in OP is heavily edited when it comes to combat because it takes too damn long

If is telling the truth then maybe they should have made combat faster and interesting instead of having it take so much fucking time.

>Starts with old ass Fatal Frame type camera
>Moves up to better cameras for his weapon tree
>Fun gimmicky shit like disposable cameras that have to wait a few turns to take damage as you got to develop the film first
>Larger film rolls for more rapid fire attacks
>Ultimate weapon is the digital camera that can do massive damage but can only take about 7 shots before the memory is full

The focus of the "game" is on the post-modern story that has never been done in any video game ever they swear.

>post modern
>is not scifi
the fuck is this

Isn't post modernism that genre where everybody drinks and parties a lot and is super depressed and jaded all the time because of the war or some shit? Like how Fitzgerald and Hemingway wrote?

most games are extremely derivative, if you were to break down the gameplay aspects and concepts you could probably do the same thing with practically any game. though it is weird that the dev decided to do that with his own game, since it doesn't look good on him.

>digital camera allows you to torrent souls from the in-game internet, provided you keep a good enough ratio
>some of them are trojans

looks like shit but i'll give it a shot

you can pirate on vita now, right?

>i an illiterate fuck

That's Modernism, Post-Modernism is the doing the same thing while mocking the fact you are doing it.

>is postmodernism the 1920s
read a book

>it's okay when books do extremely stupid and pretentious shit

he's asking a question, you fuc'n cunts.

literally 5 seconds on google, stop spoonfeeding

Hey, if I enjoyed reading fancy words, you think I'd be here?
Thanks, pal. So I guess this game is supposed to be ironic, right? So we can't really mock them because that's the whole point?

I've still got to play LISA: THE FIRST, OFF, Space Funeral Earth Birth and Dashbored before I consider taking a look at the three new Earthbound-likes coming out. Though given that two of them look like they were made by Tumblr what are some other Earthbound-likes I can play to delay playing something that looks cringier than Undertale - which I personally thought was okay but overrated?

Is Suits an Earthbound-like? Some people were comparing it to OFF but with more memes.

>the plot twist is that they all realize they're not living in the 90s and are just hipsters
>proceeds to become a satire of hipster culture
How would you feel about it then Cred Forums

>OFF
i hate the fact that this game exists because it has made it much harder to find music from the band "OFF!"

if they actually managed to pull something interesting off i would be impressed. it will probably devolve into an uninteresting love story because that is what bad writers do

Yeah, I did, but I wasn't sure what to make of this.

Good for you. I don't care.

The game is more the modern brand of "Post-Modern New Sincerity" who use irony just to "mock sexist and outdated ideas that hold us back from progress".

>(you)

if you don't care then why did you respond? You got the autism?

other than this what's the most post-modern game ever made Cred Forums?
cookie clicker?

Don't forget Magic Wand, too, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=t7_Gs73iP2s

It's by the guy who made space funeral.

Are Middens and Gingiva considered Earthbound?

mgs2 is the go-to answer for this question but i've never played it

All Video Games are post-modern.

mgs2 isn't really postmodern though it's just shit

For some reason I fucking love rpgs with modern settings, so it's a shame this looks terrible.
You don't call it a post modern rpg. You just make a post modern rpg. Way to make yourself look pretentious in a manner that could have been easily sidestepped.

Could play absolutely amazing but this game I think is the poster boy for why visual design should always be considered when developing a game because GOD DAMN is this ugly.

>proceeds to become a satire of hipster culture
If done well, it could be cool. Just from what little we've seen about it it looks more of a celebration of hipsterness rather than satire. It could end up being both; lots of good satire comes from a love of the subject.

>shit
sounds pomo to me (^:

What the fuck are you talking about, it references postmodern literature and philosophy every five seconds, it's not even subtle about it.

visual design is the one thing this game looks decent at

Yes actually, along with some degree of brain damage, scizoaffective disorder, and PTSD from having a fucked childhood where I got fucked and fucked up on a regular basis.

Oh, that's thecatamites new game? I'll have to check that out. Thank you user.

I don't know but I'll check them out now that you've mentioned them. I think /indie/ recommends Middens. Thank you user.

Just a note on Middens and Gingiva: the latter is a prequel to Middens, but you might want to play Middens first.

Does referencing post-modernism make it post-modern?

that sucks

well, you can laugh at me for being 32 years old and being literally a DAILY user of Cred Forums for every single day this website has been online since zero hour on October 1, 2003

Not unless it's part of the theme.

Just when I thought the characters couldn't look more self-insert I read the names.

primary criteria for post-modern "art" is circlejerking over other post-modern "art" and being bad on purpose

This game isn't for people who like video games. Why would they make a good battle system, user?

Then that's what I'll probably do. Thank you again user.

I'm 29 and I've used Cred Forums almost every day since 2009. There was some time in 2010 and 2013 where I couldn't due to the adult group home I was living in having internet issues but now I have my own apartment so that isn't the case. I'm not going to laugh at you. This is probably one of the better sites to socialize at on the internet.

>Alex Eggleston, voiced by Chris Niosi (AKA Kibropher15)
>Class: Hipster “Scum”

At least it's self aware.

>JRPG
Fuck these hipster liberal faggots for calling their dumb indieshit game a JRPG the fucks aren't even in fucking Japan. I can't believe people still think it's a fucking "Japanese styled RPG."

No, a JRPG is an RPG made in fucking Japan. THAT'S IT.

didn't the people who made this game make some other game that Cred Forums liked? i forget what it was, but i definitely remember seeing this game posted before and people were like "what the fuck happened"

That kind of makes it worse, though.

>original post-modernist's use copious art references to illustrate how their characters are meaningless nerds with no original thoughts or understanding of the real world.
>milenial post-modernist just name drop old works to make their characters seem "enlightened" and better then the uncultured straights holding them back.

When did it all go wrong?

I can see it go either way. The quotes around "scum" make me nervous, since it probably pained the writer as he was typing it.

That's post post modernism you just don't understand.

>Guy refers to it to something somewhere between craigslist and Cred Forums
>neither of which existed then

This is the only other game by I could from them:

youtube.com/watch?v=8egDoNHtmhE

This it? The art direction certainly looks better.

>Black representation
Already revoked the right to call it a JRPG.

>tfw DFW was right and postmodernism will be replaced by tumblr hipsters.

What about FF VII?

> It's just "Two Brothers"

Wait you mean like FF6, 7, 8, 13

It was a joke. Honestly, you people are so fucking high strung.

no, but that doesn't look awful

Jesus I hate meta narratives so goddamn much. It's just an excuse for writing bad stories and then going 2deep4u when it gets criticized.

We take video games seriously here. If you aren't prepared for serious discussion here, then you should just leave.

Nevermind. I guess people hated this too. I can't even see a DL link on the store page either. Apparently more bug ridden than a Bethesda game according to reviews.

HAHA US GAMERS AMIRITE??

EARTHBOUND HUH????? ZELDA HUHH??? YOU LIKE FINAL FANTASY TOO??

>*video game reference*
>*video game reference*
>*video game reference*

do these "nerds" have no concept of subtlety or what

It's for nerds who want to pretend they played those games to seem "cultured".

what about mother 4? (kek)
or Omori?
theres a couple coming out.

>"The initial inspiration for the game came from the Onett level from Super Smash Brothers"

oh bajesus

Why can't these fucking devs ever take inspiration from a good niche RPG like Live a Live or Hybrid Heaven?

>they didn't even play the original Earthbound first

They make fucking Toby Fox look like Itoi at this point.

>Is this enough to convince you that YIIK is the JRPG OF THE FRICKING CENTURY?!?!

>posts link of a "gameplay" video that won't even be in the final product

kek

>but.. but but but our game is inspired by insert list of famous japanese games!

sage goes in every field

Millennials as a whole or part of a whole, are uncreative and uninspired, and those that do create something of significance to them see that millennials then attach themselves to it and bastardize in a number of ways.

Why do you think there are so many games that try to imitate the success of The Binding of Isaac, Minecraft, Undertale, Five Nights at Freddys, Day Z, Amnesia, Slender and Unturned? These and a number of irrelevant mobile and Flash games are the games that hold cultural significance to millennials. Most millennials who try to make video games try to make ones that capture the same success because they have not been challenged to come up with something original and have no original ideas of their own. And those that do come up with something original either don't succeed or get mimicked by swarms of other millennials.

>The enemy was the player all along... I guess this truly is a post-modern RPG.
What did they mean by this?

Those aren't mainstream

That would require them to actually play a real video game instead of watching a let's plays.

of course they aren't.
because they're good.

>Describe your game
>"Its a Persona mixed with Earthbound mixed with Zelda mixed with..."

>So what is this?
>"it's a message board thats like Craigslist mixed with Cred Forums"

Please, indie devs, stop describing your games this way.

You're being a hipster user.

I mean that they're in the real oscure rather than the fake obscure that eartbound is in.

>it's another game by trust fund babies for trust fund babies that exhibits how sheltered inside a bubble trust fund babies are

>it's another earthbound-inspired indiepixel shitpost of a game that brings nothing new to the table

I honestly would rather go back to roguelike dungeon crawlers at this point.

itt: nu-males getting assblasted by nu-males

>set in the 90s
>protag is a numale
>blatant references to modern pop cultures
Why was the 90s setting even necessary?

That would require them to first have an original idea or confidence.

>Click embed
>Preview thumbnail is a guy with groomed facial hair and flannel shirt
I've seen enough.

I still think Craigslist mixed with Cred Forums is a fucking disgusting idea.

The nu male is strong with this one

Gone Home showed all you need to be called "deep" is to take generic overused cliches, and then make all the characters gay or black 90's kids so they can claim it'S NEVER BEEN DONE LIKE THIS BEFORE!

>instead of making sure gameplay elements work cohesively we just randomly threw together a bunch of elements from other games
Why did they think this was a good idea? The combat looks even more tedious than the average JRPG

Is this a good game for my wifes son?

No, you need a Liberal Arts-Gender Studies double major or else it's deep message on the problematic nature of video games will be lost on you.

sounds like some bastard child of best of craigslist and /soc/, both of which already exist

>YiiK
>Untertale
>Gone Home

Damn, why does PC always end up getting all of the good exclusives?

>currency is (you)s and dragon dildos

> you can download the demo and form an opinion of your own

oh I forgot what board I'm on

I did and it's shit

if post means after and modern means now, why does it take place in the past?

wouldn't it be pre modern?

Wouldn't that be more or lass the skill that the loli from FF6 uses?

have a dated infographic, friendo

Because no one actually knows what post-modernism is, artists just pretend to at events or when they're presenting stuff

>yiik
>PC

;^)

Hybrid Heaven got really boring once you realized the entire game took place in the underground base. I'd love to see a another Hybrid Heaven with more variation though.

>modern means now
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism

>the composer for VA11-HALL-A contributed to this

>Strong Armed Stereotypes: the Game.

... this nerd-sploitation shit needs to fuck right off.
We get it. You like liberal sitcoms.

YiiK is the sound people will make when they see this in stores.

Jesus, that run cycle was the first time I have actually gotten semi-sick looking at a video game. It just looks...so bad.

adjective
of or relating to present and recent time; not ancient or remote:
modern city life.
characteristic of present and recent time; contemporary; not antiquated or obsolete:
modern viewpoints.

Are the fights against random enemies still 5 minutes long because of the shitty minigame stuff?

problem is

this is fine if its known devs who have like 30 years of exp in the industry or a franchise that is loved

but not faggot first timers who can't think of their own ideas, so they just use what they liked and think it will work

Fuck I blame Gamasutra and all their articles about how you should describe your games to game journalists.

(^:

Yuck.

No, now you can just skip them all and it will auto-level you so you can focus on the story for the true nu-male experience.

>the facts don't matter as long as some fucker wrote it in a book
So I guess Dan Brown is 100% historically accurate?

Yeah but now you can disable fights all together and level up automatically.

:^)

BUT WHY IS IT CALLED YIIK WENT YOU CANT SEE IT

Modern is not the same word as Modernism you cuck.

the fuck?
did that attack always do such low dmg?

but it's not called post-modernism

What did he mean by this?

A gross oversimplification of postmodern thought would be "No, that pile of shit you made DOES NOT represent the human condition, it is a pile of shit. Saying that you intended it to represent the human condition does not change the fact that absolutely nothing in that pile of shit was arranged in any way that could convey your though. Also everyone who saw it just thought it looked like a pile of shit."

Unsurprisingly it's become an exceedingly popular buzzword with exactly the sort of people who postmodernist would consider right proper cunts and idiots.

>setting themselves up to get memed on with the title alone

>Post-Modernism is not called Post-Modernism

>"inspired by earthbound"
Wow, more internet "humor" and some emotional drivel shoved down our throats at the last moment.

How can all these people be "inspired earthbound" yet have no understanding why it was so good?

it wasn't good, that's why it spawned all this shit

No it's the video game adaptation of Bible Black.

the game's subtitle is not "post-modernism", it's post-modern

Consumers dont understand either so if you tell them its inspired by something they buy it and pretend to know whats going on.

>earthbound-like
>doesn't even have trans people with magical abilities that seal away massive dragons of immense world-shattering powers

0/10 would not buy.

earthbound was never good, the only thing about it that was actually good was the music

>How do adjectives work

wouldn't the adjective form of post-modernism be post-modernistic?

underrated post

The black chick has a hula hoop.
She is probably a rave junky with all that neon.

That's not how all adjectives work.

Man what happened to report for advertisement.

If you arent going to do your job you dirty fucking jap at least let people do it for you.

I played the demo, everything is too fucking slow. It somehow makes the Paper Mario thing of minigame battling really boring.

OST is nice though. Wish it gave credits or it was ripped to Youtube so I could know which one Toby Fox made

>earthbound inspired

thats just another phrase indie devs like to use to replace when a game has "self-aware, quirky humor, coming of age, modern references, etc" type qualities.
yeah, its fucking stupid.

Report for advertisement was removed because it was redundant, because advertisement breaks the rules anyways.

The more Cred Forums shitposts about this, the more curious I get instead of ignoring it.

you should watch the trailers, that will fix the curiosity problem real quick

Not going to lie, got hard watching that

That's the whole premise to it

He just showed any other execution of the "subvert the traditional gameplay style/ self referential humor" can be done while not being so obnoxious and clueless as this pandering garbage is.

Source fuckin quick

>Final Fantasy x Wario Ware
>our Episode Duscae

oh

well regardless, I'm still not getting a good idea about what post-modern is supposed to be from this post-modern

guess I'm fucked on art AND english

What a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Wait, Toby helped with the OST for this? What else has he done since Undertale, anyway?

Can you just give the source before you get banned?

He did some game/animation OST work. Nothing solo, but a track here and there.

The Post-Modern Art Era is simply anything after the 50's since that's when Modernism began fading.

Some Homestuck stuff, the Homestuck game, and some songs for YIIK.

Also to note is that the YIIK soundtrack also features songs from Andrew Allanson(Two Brothers), Calum Bowen(Lovely Planet), and Hiroki Kikuta(Secret of Mana)

This is the future that you choose cucks

I'm not lying, but the demo ends with a ghost quoting the lyrics to Wonderwall. So fucking cheesy.

>Wouldn't that be more or lass the skill that the loli from FF6 uses?

Oh I would have no idea since I didn't play FF6. Guess I got lucky

Relm
Her Ability is Painting monsters, pretty much what you described
Good post regardless

It can still fail. I've seen no discussion for this outside of Cred Forums.

Its pretty simple, Hiro is now transparently accepting money from advertises to do their shit here, he is always allowing fucking malware ridden ads to be put on the site so that is how you know he cares about the site

Nobody mainstream gives a shit about Shadow Hearts so it feels refreshing when that style is revisited.

Holy shit, I just noticed it's called Y2K, not YiiK. I keep reading it as Yuck for some reason.

JRPGS are basically stereotyped by how the game is presented through its combat and narrative now and days.

It makes me feel better not having to associate Dark Souls/BB with that garbage genre thats past its prime.

She also has the ability to destroy your SNES cartridge. Truly she is the strongest character in Final Fantasy.

ff6 is overrated as hell, just like any other non-spinoff final fantasy game people claim to like

It was removed because moot said Cred Forums reported threads they didn't like as advertisements en masses for years. Basically, it was Cred Forums's fault the same reason sage is invisible and the same reason there is a 60 second cooldown to post.

>>"there's alot of pressure on you to pay for your house and get a job"
>these people are literally complaining about needing to get a job to support themselves

Oh my god the fucking shills are out for this game. Jesus.

t. DQ/Trails fag

Somehow this surprises you?

both also garbage

No fuck you, I like both DQ and pre 13 FF, that faggot is just a attentionwhore being contrarian, stop responding to him you moron

Shadow Hearts always did this well which is funny since this game is ripping it off

>your fucking mom from the future
>a god damn wolf
>An old man who uses a marionette designed after his daughter that you trade gay porno to make beautiful dresses for
>the actual Anastasia who fights with explosive Faberge eggs
>A gay vampire wrestler who suplexes with whatever the hell he finds
>your cousin who transforms into a woman
>a delicious brown native american who turns into various native american goddesses
>a native american that practices gun-fu
>A brazillian ninja that attaches a sword handle on whatever he deems usable as a sword
>a fat cat who practices drunken fist
>the gay vampire's sister who changes weight drastically when she feeds
>A mariachi with a gun-guitar who is Al Capone's sister's boyfriend.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7hhx5RPNSwE

no because pic related looks more appealing than some tumblr shit

wait sorry, Frank is a Polish-American TRAINED by Brazillian ninjas

>Frank is a Polish-American TRAINED by Brazillian ninjas

A better tagline should have been "the hipster RPG" I don't really see anything post-modern about it.

Considering the current social climate, this really isn't that post-modern any more.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.
If you're talking about true roguelikes, that is.

His ultimate weapon is a fucking food skewer

His other weapons include (and include a katana handle attached to their end with no exception)
>a 2-man saw
>a cactus
>a rusty bus stop sign
>a rotting swordfish
>a fireworks tube
>a kokeshi doll
>Excalibur still in the stone (and anohter handle attached to the handle)

>Herp derp! "Nu Male SJW faggotry inbound!"

You guys just love shitting on unnecessary shit without ever even playing said game. You like to bitch and moan without backing any valid evidence as to why and how it's an SJW game. Fuck off.

Is "Earthbound inspired" the new ""roguelike""?

Goddamn, I'm going to play this series now

just take a look you idiot and you'll see that it's fucking garbage.

The visuals are garbage
the gameplay is garbage
the music is garbage
the characters are garbage

I downloaded it and played it. I think you should do the same before coming to its defense.

What is even making all those Earthbound inspired games appear out of nowhere?Did something happen regarding the games?

LISA and Undertale basically kickstarted the next big meme wave ala Super Meat Boy/IWTBTG

>that cast
picked the fuck up.

keep in mind that I listed the casts from Shadow Hearts 2 and 3.

3 is a bit more wacky and most people don't like it since it's only superficially related to the first 2.

Shania is waifu tier tho

I don't really like the mixture they made for the gameplay, as the minigames look boring and it apparently means every character will only have 3 moves. I like the CG and the color pallet, tho, very pleasing to the eye.

My biggest turn-off (and I think for most people is the same) is the MC being the incredibly annoying hipster. I hate his design and what we know of his back history, and honestly I don't think it fits well with the 90's look at all, I'd rather have everything be a 90's love letter. Seriously, even the teenage main characters in JRPGs are less irritating to look at than this dude here and all his stupid 1st World problems

What is it with west indie devs' attachment to Earthbound and platformers than they always stick it to their shitty games?

You have these

youtube.com/watch?v=uy0q4WTBfjc
youtube.com/watch?v=IPhESXpSGlo

Who has less money but manages to be more fun.

I presume I should start the series from the beginning anyways?

start with kouldeka

Aye aye, cap'n.
I've been looking for a nice JRPG to get stuck into, anyways.

>that entire list
>but it's the regular wolf that gets the "god damn" prefix

Your priorities are skewed. But your tastes are valid.

not the guy you responded to but im pretty sure kouldeka plays nothing like the shadow hearts series but sets up the story and the world and stuff. I think its a horror game, which makes sense since the first two shadow hearts games have a horror jrpg vibe goin.

I mean I don't know what else to say, other than it's a god damn wolf that eats the souls of other wolves to get stronger?

Koudelka is some horror game superficially linked to Shadow hearts.

Halley is Koudelka's son and she psychically guides Yuri but that's it

Do you think they realize that all the guy next to the panda is gonna do is remind people of Chris Chan?

Halley is a fucking queer. Spy girl + asian kung fu guy + yuri all day erry day.

It doesn't need to be good to be part of a movement, user. Think of like video game genres.

WHO

DON'T

>>"inspired by earthbound"

It's just regular marketing to sell as much as possible. Like trailers saying a movie is "The sleeper hit of the year" or "will be considered a classic alongside ____."

Also weren't Yiik threads deleted a few months ago for blatant shilling?