Browsing Steam is like wading through a garbage dump

Browsing Steam is like wading through a garbage dump.

Indie games are fucking cancer.

Early Access games are fucking cancer.

Why the fuck doesn't Steam have a fucking AAA filter?

Garbage. Dump.

>indie
>indie
>indie
>indie
>real game
>indie, early access
>indie
>indie, early access
>real game
>indie
>indie
>real game
>indie, early access
>indie
>indie

Thank Greenlight.

;(

I would literally jump ship to Uplay or Origin if they had a steady stream of AAA titles.

You casuals are something else. Don't you brainless turds have gaming "journalism" sites to tell you what to spend your money on?

>you casuals are something else
>casuals
>indie games are the most casual of all
>implying I've ever given a single fuck about reviews, steam reviews included

Sure do love those vudya games

There needs to be "2D and "3D" tags, so you can eliminate all indie pixel-shit. Then turn off early access and you're left with stuff that might be worth playing.

>only AAA games are real games

Kek.

>indie games are the most casual of all
lmao is this what you normie fucks actually believe. Also a shame that you don't read reviews, they're made exactly for "people" like you

Steam straight up needs a fucking AAA tag.

I literally feel like I'm wading through a garbage dump, lifting up bags of rotting food and fecal matter to find shit that should be in plain sight.

>there are people in this thread right now that appreciate the "hard work" of nu male faggots

You stupid af user you don't need to dig through anything to find AAA games because of how heavily marketed they are. You could find a full list of AAA game releases with a quick google search. Is this your first day on the internet or are you just a drooling retard? The problems you dumb cunts have are unreal.

> less choice is better
stop being a cuck

God forbid someone plays actual video games with some semblance of challenge to them rather than sitting through overpriced shitty movies that require you to press buttons in the most passive way imaginable

There are 2 games in early access that are definitely worth their price in my book: Exanima and Subnautica

the rest of them are pretty bad though

My problem with Early access is that by the time any of them hit a reasonable full realse anyone who cares would have played the shit out of it and quit by then. Sure, maybe you'll see a few come back to play it a little more but the playerbase is going to be mostly gone.

Indie games are hit or miss as always.

>only nu male faggots and AAA companies create games

You're only making this worse. Leave this thread now lest you embarrass yourself even further.

Dunno, but you can filter out early access and indie games when you use "Explore your queue" in the store. Basically gives you 10 somewhat-randomly selected games to look at. You can also filter out specific genres you don't like such as "graphic novel"

Makes no difference how many players are playing a single player game

I actually just learned this the other day. My point still stands; Steam is a garbage dump.

Exanima does look somewhat decent.

Hatred is another good indie game. There sure as fuck aren't many, though.

I've pumped 30 hours into the arena mode alone, I absolutely love Exanima.

Hatred is amazing with the FPS mod as well

>he supports nu males and is proud to defend them, even to the death if he has to
>"muh undertale"

>he keeps going despite it all

Please continue, you are actually entertaining.

Any kind of store with a wide selection of shit will feel like a garbage dump, hell even fucking regular game stores feel like it because of how much shovelware there is on the shelves. Also the fuck are you talking about, there are plenty of good indie games if you know where to look which you should if you're anything but a massive casual. Hatred isn't even the best indie twin stick shooter for fuck's sake. Again, are you some kind of toddler just discovering video games and the internet?

Damn. I still need to try the FPS mod. I heard it has some problems.

The cool thing about Hatred is that the developers are metal as fuck. They hate shitskin Muslims and SJW faggots.

you can see through your arm and it's pretty gpu intensive but other than that it makes a 6/10 game an 8/10

Hatred was Game of the Year 2015, as far as I'm concerned.

I just hope R* took notice. I want a PC exclusive Manhunt 3. Rated AO, obviously.

>Steam straight up needs a fucking AAA tag.

Why? it would be useless. AAA games are already heavily advertised and people are aware of them before they're even added to Steam. People who enjoy the yearly Ass Creed, Call of Duty, Far Cry, and so on pick up on them when they're still on concept stage and follow thier every move and monitor steamdb to see when they get added then wishlist them. Most people don't even actively browse Steam looking for tentpole releases because they already know about them months in advance.

I enjoyed it but my GOTY 2015 was rocket league

simple and fun but equally challenging and skill based at the same time

Because there are people who also want older AAA releases that fell off their radar while waiting for the price to drop. For example, I'm waiting for DOOM to drop below $40. But by the time that happens, advertising for it iwll be nonexistant unless it is also on steam sale.

I'm talking all AAA games. Even old ones. Also, I don't play those three series. I did pick up Primal, but only because of the time period.

I'm just talking AAA games in general.

Basically, I don't even want to see indie shit and Early Access garbage. I want to browse all the games that don't suck.

Of course Undertale would be the only indie game you're aware of you clueless faggot. I bet you think the indie game scene consists solely of the shit you read about on kotaku or Cred Forums shitposts lol

What's with Steam's card drops lately? I used to have to play over 2 hours for cards to start dropping but now they drop almost immediately in the first hour or so. Does this mean the refund rules have changed?

Exactly.

There were AAA games in 2002, for fuck's sake.

I only load up Steam if I absolutely have to at this point. I've moved on to console gaming mostly. The Steam monopoly has let F2P Minecraft Zombie multiplayer bullshit to fester and not let anything else breathe.

Also Early Access games without 10 hour trials? Fuck that shit.

Google "2006 game releases" and there you go, for christ's sake how dumb can you get.

>implying I visit any of the sjw gaming sites
>implying I even give those fag sites page hits

You should spend more time browsing Steam games and pirate them to test them out.
I discovered a dozen indie jewels, and while most tested games were utter trash, it didn't cost me anything, excepted the jewels I discovered and enjoyed, which I sometimes bought.

Sure sounds like you do considering your knowledge of indie games is limited to what's popular on tumblr, which is the sign of a massive casual

>he loves indie games so much he's willing to put his dignity on the line by admitting he sucks nu male cock, and is proud of it

I'll fuck your girlfriend if you want.

thats why you wishlist or follow it and you get notified of sales automatically and sales notice tend to show up in your activity feed as well. If you want a yearly list of AAA games of the past wikipedia serves all the information need.

>ITT people argue that steam shouldn't have a basic feature because you can look up game releases by year on google and wikipedia

>being so mad about being called a no brain chucklefuck that he can't reply to the right post
Keep spouting buzzwords though dumbass lol

>his dignity is threatened when he has to use google

What a horrifying existence that must be.

Hey man, not saying the feature wouldn't be fine, but it's always nice to mock retards like OP who make a big stink about something that can be solved with common sense

I think Origin is more your speed champ. Head on over.

any good multiplayer games?

me and a bro burnt out from overwatch just a terrible player base.

was thinking about giving paladin a go

>Why the fuck doesn't Steam have a fucking AAA filter?

I know this is a bait but still

All indie trash is conveniently tagged as such making it that much easier to avoid. AAA shit is easy peasy japanesy to find.

First time searching through a game catalog?

The problem is the normal search function lacks a way to easily filter OUT indie games.

Uh, what? None of those options filter out indie trash.

Nice try, though.

good opinion, i respect it but disagree

If you don't like wading through shit, why are you playing video games?
That said, there are plenty of good Indie games, you just either didn't look or pretended otherwise for this post for reply farming.
There are some good Early Access games (but almost all of them let EA), but you either didn't look or pretended otherwise for this post for reply farming.
>Why the fuck doesn't Steam have a fucking AAA filter?
Because AAA games are just more expensive garbage? You already know all the AAA releases if you browse any gaming news site, so there's 0 reason to search for them on Steam.
And please, tell me, what constitutes a real game, grandmaster baiter?

>using steam
>buying pc games

>go to steam search
>it defaults to all games
>click indie check box
>now look at url, it adds a tag number, indie for example is 492
>put a minus in front of 492 in the url
>hit enter
>that tag is now filtered out of results

enjoy

Strange, an OP I don't disagree with.
Still a faggot though.

You're my hero. I won't blow you, but you can have my firstborn daughter.

>This thread
Don't you corporate shills have something else to do? Atleast it isn't a denuvo thread.

IF you are too fucking stupid to navigate a simple application like Steam, then I'd suggest you go back to your cuckstation4.

1. Why would you want to browse exclusively AAA games? I totally get wanting to exclude indie or early access, but why the fuck would you JUST want to search AAA? It would be a useless function.

2. If you buy a bad game, it's pretty much your fault. This isn't going to Blockbuster and picking up whatever has the coolest cover-art. Either a game is so cheap that price doesn't matter or you could take 30 seconds to look up reviews.

3. Most good games are somewhere in between AAA and indie.

I'm all for wading through piles of worthless indie games if it means I get to pick whatever I want at the end of the day.

Why would you just "browse" Steam and buy random garbage?

Are you retarded?

Why the fuck would I ever look up reviews?

Do you seriously go to metacritic to find out if you're going to like a game?

Well, you should buy games to support the developers that made em.

But that said, you should pirate absolutely everything, and only support those that worth supporting, thus making the steam list useless, as well, if you gonna actually buy a specific name, you will just go directly to its page via search.

>He doesn't look about and get a taste of what people think from various sites including Steam forums, Metacritic, Youtube, and Cred Forums to find out if there's anything that may make or break the deal for him
You're a dumb.

Most AAA games are trash, just because they have big budgets doesn't make them good games.
There is a lot of trash indie/early access games on Steam, but there's also a lot of absolute gems that fall under the indie/early access categories.

Being an open platform there has always been a lot of shovelware on PC, it's just something you have to learn to navigate past, which Steam makes pretty easy.

Speaking of shit games, anybody want to trade? I have Frozen Synapse and Divinity: Original Sin Remastered sitting in my inventory. What friends I have don't have shit to trade.

Stop trying this hard