What is Cred Forums's opinion on Project M?

What is Cred Forums's opinion on Project M?

Now is the most important time to share, especially those of you who DON'T play the game.

Regardless of what your opinion of it is, share what you think would cause you to play it more, whatever that may be.

The community for Project M is at a crossroads right now, and now that enough time has gone by to realize there was never a CnD, and we're pretty much fine to make another version of the game, we are trying to decide where to go from here.

Obviously things like link chaingrab, and kirby glitch could be fixed, but there's more subjective issues like Snake's dair properties.

Problem is, we lost more players than we ever had before when we switched from 3.02 to 3.5, and we worry that changing the game further could separate the community even more.

Anyways, if you have heard of Project M, played Melee, or just want a new better Smash Bros game please post ITT what you would like changed with Project M.

I'll be relaying all opinions to the head of the SoCal and NorCal PM community, which is currently the largest in the usa

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4I-pH8azWqk
youtube.com/watch?v=9S9JAtGTLt8
reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/52rzmw/the_future_of_pm_give_your_opinion_and_read_the/?st=it6k7z8o&sh=f6a1eebf
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1f7_MnuZU
youtube.com/watch?v=pgahvANTqnY
youtube.com/watch?v=iqnvkCV-FKU
youtube.com/watch?v=wjJU4Hdaytw
youtube.com/watch?v=w3VQUEmsO8M
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205346
sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211717
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9h4XJP_wY
youtube.com/watch?v=qQqYqMyxI3k
youtube.com/watch?v=JG1XuEt8XO0
youtube.com/watch?v=fmSO2cz2ozQ
dropbox.com/s/u9nwtg8rxyxavad/FitGanon05.pac?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just move on to 4 like the rest of the world

But that's a completely different game that's not fun in comparison

Smash 4 doesn't have 90% of things in PM.

Nintendo will take it down hopefully.

People should use their own characters and sell it as a pc game.

youtube.com/watch?v=4I-pH8azWqk

You can never do anything remotely this close in Smash 4
Is correct, Smash 4 is fine, but for the reason we love PM it doesn't fit the bill

>we
What are you, an ex-dev? Don't be getting my hopes up about a PM revival. I've long come to terms with it dying, as painful as that was.

If you're legit, just add some more L-select stages. PM is the fucking best casual Smash game in the series, and there are a few Brawl stages that can return.

The game is fun

I live in europe so I wouldn't know.

Enjoy your dead mod.

Scrap Isaac/Knuckles/Lyn
Tweak characters like Lucas and Roy to more closely resemble their Smash 4 incarnations but at PM's pace

MAKE ALL THE CHARACTERS HARD TO PLAY AND FAST ANR GET RID EASY TO PLAY FAGS

MAKE ALL THE CHARACTERS HARD TO PLAY AND FAST AND GET RID EASY TO PLAY FAGS

PM TOP TIERS ARE GAY AS FUCK AND LUCARIO/LUCAS/SQUIRTLE/SNAKE/ETC ARE MORE FUN TO WATCH BUT ARE MID TIER BECAUSE THE TOP TIERS ARE GIMMICKY UNFUN FAGS

please for the love of god finish the unfinished characters. at the very least knuckles should be done because of how already done he is. if you worry about balancing just have people run mock tourneys for the beta testing

The Dev team has officially disbanded.

However certain ex-members, as well as the semi-major (as major as a PM tournament can get) tournament leaders have come together to decide on where to go.

Our options are as follows:
Keep 3.6 final the same way it is (Unfinished and buggy)

Use CC3.7 (Fixes only glitches in the game, keeps everything else exactly the same)

Or Option C, which would be come together (anyone that wants to help) and create our own spiritual successor. Using most of the files, but potentially adding stages, characters, skins, or even redesigning current characters if there's enough of a demand for it.

That being said, we have a few problems.

1) Community can easily be split
2) Midst of Smash4/Melee revolution
3) If you main a character that gets redesigned, you'll probably be pissed or even stop playing
4) We have few or no existing community leaders, i.e. people to make official decisions when there are debates or arguments. With PMDT, while they listened and argued, when PMDT made a decision it was final. We don't have that here, but we're starting in a very similar way that PMDT did as well.

As for me personally, I'm mostly just a messenger. Repeating direct quotes from certain people and summarizing important info as well as relaying feedback back to the people that can make shit happen

Luckily our tournament leaders believe heavily in local playtesting.

Nothing will EVER be official or decided unless we have run EXTENSIVE tests at MULTIPLE local tournaments.

SoCal and NorCal are HUGE for project M right now, and CenCal is catching up. I dont know too much about east coast but I know there are plenty of scenes around there.

We want this to be tested, we want your opinions, because we want to make a game that you all want to play.

Rob needs nerfs, das about it tho.

On the aesthetic side it would be really nice if all 10 (14?) costume slots were occupied so we wouldn't have to tweak around with the code in order to add additional slots, as well as add the team aura color like smash 4. Also I'm surprised the melee alts don't have their melee voices by now, seems it can be done.

im 100% sure nebs would be on board. if you guys are the largest, everyone will follow you. i would glady try to test out characters at nebs

Reward players for playing the melee veterans and make the characters similar to them

For the love of God melee top tiers are fun as fuck to watch in Melee because of the speed and skill, but game and watch/peach/diddy/etc are boring because they're slow and easy but they're prevalent because they're and beat speedy characters

Was there any ever thought into what Ivysaur's or Diddy's alts should have/would have been? I can see Diddy's being the hooded alt but I can't think of anything to save my live for Ivysaur.

It's shit.
It's always been shit.

Don't redesign characters then. Put a lot of work into figuring out how to nerf and buff characters. Ask people who main the characters what they think. Do stuff the PMDT wouldnt do

Its fun, even as someone terrible at smash like me can just pick a random character and have a good time learning since everyone is viable.

I'm want to believe, but this just sounds like a retread of that PMCC shitshow from March. Not having a central figure is already a huge red flag.

I suppose it really depends on what ex-devs are available. The PM shutdown and the reaction to the leaks on Cred Forums last year really cemented those guys as egotistical fuck faces with an even worse fanbase.

Can you give any names on who's backing this?

>Project meme

You'll never get anywhere unless you stop changing things and have a established meta. The reason Melee and Smash 4 keep growing is because their metas aren't constantly changing (anymore for 4) from patches and new characters and shit

Doing flashy tricks confirmed more important in a tournament than mindgames.
Fucking smashfags, this is the reason marvel 2 died

Yeah, team glow like this
youtube.com/watch?v=9S9JAtGTLt8

That's the one. This build is autistic as fuck tho

Unfortunately I'm not the biggest tech head compared to many of the other people working on this.

However, I've been behind the idea of team Auras since the day smash 4 came out.

What kind of things would you want to be nerfed specifically?

And I know there are a lot of custom builds which utilize more skin and stage slots, so I would assume a final build would include such features.

Melee players are our #1 target right now for opinions, we want you guys to tell us what needs to be changed because ultimately the game was designed for fans of melee who wanted a sequel.

This has been my outlook personally, I think that there is enough variation in characters, and nearly every one has some sort of niche, just certain things need to be buffed (like olimar recovery) or nerfed (like Mario fair) to provide room for more extensive mindgames, combos, matchup knowledge and general balance.

Ultimately, if something works well, it's probably stylish in Smash based on what passes for "style" being extended combos and flat out bodying the other person.

No one is going to applaud you for getting 4 stocked even if you look dope while you do it, yaknow? It only looks cool if it works too.

This is understood, and our biggest hurdle. But we want a finished product for our final Meta, and it's painfully clear that Project M was not finished when they were disbanded

PM is shit because shit easy gimmick characters instead of HARD unique characters win

You can not tell me someone as basic as G&W is more fun to watch than Squirtle, the most technical character in the game

Id rathe

Give me Knuckles
Give me Lyn

Wave Dash Online looks like shit btw

GIVE ME ISAAC I GOT INTO PM FOR ISAAC PLEASE

that's the fucking Magneto fallacy all over again.
Literally the balance should be shit because magneto looks cool.
once again, this is the mindset that killed marvel.
If you guys want to go ahead and fucking die off, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm OP and I absolutely HATE G&W with a passion.

G&W, Wario, Rob, and Sonic all need major changes in my opinion, and not enough people main them for it to not be worth it.

Each of these characters has shady frame data, and too many gimmicks like acting out of Up Bs, cancels and impossible to read animations like G&W's throws.

Now my opinion isn't law by any means, but that's the reason we are asking you guys. We want to know what the players or incoming players want from this game before we make any changes. Your opinions matter, please share with us.

TRIGGER WARNING:
There is a reddit thread if you can handle it that explains a lot of this information better than I can, PLEASE check it out if you can tolerate the cancer. reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/52rzmw/the_future_of_pm_give_your_opinion_and_read_the/?st=it6k7z8o&sh=f6a1eebf

Melee isn't finished either it's terribly unbalanced what's the issue with PM staying unfinished, another change up will kill it

Id rather play Melee with a mod that adds PM Lucario, Lucas, Squirtle, and Roy than a continuation of pm

I only liked the changes to snake.

This. Packs never seem to realize that quality over quantity is the best, but no we need PM to have all these retarded characters and so sillee stages and modes

PM is the only modpack I enjoy because it stood grounded, thank god it died before they started adding new characters

All the top tiers in PM aren't balanced in the slightest. They're OP, easy to play, and have moves that are all powerful and repetitive Which is exactly what Magneto is.

Legacy XP was made for casual use though, which is why they shoved a fuck ton of content into it

finish lyn issac and the other characters. new character hype will bring people back.

It may be hard to sell the community on though, they are mad salty. people hate playing the patch. I love project m and get bored of melee after 3-5 rounds now. Do it up!

Add Wolf and PM Roy/Mewtwo to Melee

we gucci after that

PM is shit. If you want melee you play melee. If you are a casual you play sm4sh. If you are a nostalgia fag you play 64. Theres no reason to play a mod of brawl.

How is Wolf OP? I don't know shit.

This + the luc brothers

Nobody? I'm genuinely curious.

This is why we have option A

Basically it's only the CC 3.7 build, which fixes Toon Link's chaingrab, and small number of other bugs.

And the issue is why this game was made in the first place. Melee showed us what smash could be, PM was the goal to create that intentionally. If we have the resources, and ability to create a finished game, why wouldn't we?

We want to ask your opinions because we dont want there to be a debate between 3.6 and our finished version, we want it to be just enough change that it's the obvious next step, not revamping the game where you get a is A or B better, but just some quality of life changes and bugfixes so we can all agree it's finished and focus on building the community

that's my point responding to some guy that more or less said "buff the flashy characters with the cool looking glitches"

>played it today at school with friends training for a melee tournament
best smash. Im fine with 3.6.fix the tecnical problems but not the characters except for olimar. Melee and MVC2 doesnt have patches and that why they are fun to play.port it on wii u version since it has the superior artstyle.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1f7_MnuZU

I think new content (as opposed to adjusted old content) is the only way to get a lively community going again. If you released a new character, for example, you'd suddenly have an influx of players (of varying skill levels, given) who could give you a much larger sample of opinions. If you want to grow, you need this wide of a range of opinions, not just the opinions of the people that have been entrenched in the game for years.

PM is for people who want to play Melee but want more characters & slightly better balance. The reason so few play it is because of the artificial taboo associated with modding, fucking Nintendo, it's as simple as putting an SD card in your wii god damn. Second is that there's no esports scene aka there's no money so there's less people paying attention (people love and flock to money above all things).

Aside from wolf wolf is dope

Wat, Luc Bros and Squirtle are literally super technical characters that despite the options, are inferior to characters that have barely any options that beat the wide variety of options those guys have.

G&W, and most the existing top tiers, are the magneto equivalent of smash

Hence fan favourites like Ridley and Geno
youtube.com/watch?v=pgahvANTqnY

Is this a joke?

You know what game rewards being good at melee? FUCKING MELEE

Thanks for positive and constructive feedback.

Current outlook is bugfixes, quality of life improvement, and possibly one or two buffs for like Olimar recovery or something minor to bring some low tiers up to playable level

But we have these (perfectly valid and understandable) opinions too, which is why I said we are at a crossroads right now, trying to figure out which way to go.

Regardless, this has been a great and informative thread, thank you all

>That grammar
Good God, I'm tired.

The PM community needs to stop worrying about splitting or fragmenting the community. 3.5 is objectively better than 3.02, and marked the game's shift away from being "Melee 2.0". Anyone who suggests switching back to 3.02 is either memeing on you or is just an idiot.

We need black shadow as a character.

Have him play exactly like melee ganondorf

Thank god we at least got Hitbox to support us. Tournaments being streamed are possible now, and theres at least one tournament nearly every day

Valued opinion, and it was heard. Thank you. Do you believe that if the leaders come together and decide on a final version people will flock to it?

Don't feel like modding a console game. I'll just play the originals, thanks

GIVE US THE PMCC BOX
FINISH RED SONIC AND RULE 63 VERGIL
MAKE MORE DUAL SELECT STAGES
FIX LINK'S FUCKING GRAB
There you go. That's the winning formula.

I don't browse that shithole, but is the subreddit actually allowing people to talk about the leak builds and salvaging the work from them?

i really think knuckles, lyn, and isaac should all be finished. im sure with enough time they can be balanced. aside from that i believe characters like G&W should be nerfed in a way that the style is the same, but requires you to work harder.

Magneto was decently technical though to get his damage using repeated flight cancels and shit.
The top tier you're describing sounds more like cable.

>reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/52rzmw/the_future_of_pm_give_your_opinion_and_read_the/?st=it6k7z8o&sh=f6a1eebf
don't go

Ive only browsed this one thread because of a facebook post I saw in Norcal PM community, but it seems open from what I've read

I live in the area, I go to smashing grounds regularly formelee

Yes the best game in the series

So let's make PM like the best game in the series

Which some characters like the Luc Brothers do well but others not at all

Yes, and then regular ganondorf can just be this.

>but is the subreddit actually allowing people to talk about the leak builds and salvaging the work from them?

It goes back and forth. Recently, there's been more good discussion about it, but in the past few months there was a lot of suppression.

>Do you believe that if the leaders come together and decide on a final version people will flock to it?
I'm still close to a lot of the leadership, so my ear's to the ground in that regard, but the rest of the community is harder to pin down. Most people start a slippery slope fallacy circlejerk saying that changes will go through for no reason, without realizing that rigorous testing is part of the plan.

In short, I have no idea.

Thank you for posting user, its good to have more people involved in the community sharing insight.

Who is involved in the build?

>RULE 63 VERGIL
Never followed PM, who dat?

Lyn the assist trophy.

>adds roy
You just went full retard

Lyn from Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

That's not a vergil
FE characters are gay, and I played Sacred Stones.

How about porting it to melee?

>Project M
>meme mod
Play Brawl Minus. It actually makes Smash fun and it has the one character PM will never get

>he doesn't play with 2roy
HE'S OUR BOY

Wew PMDT really were a bunch of faggots. Fuck them, salvage all you can from PM. Adding content would be fun for casual players such as myself but If you people are too afraid to break the community then just polish the game, I think that most casual players won't mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=iqnvkCV-FKU

Did they know what a shiny lucario looks like, because it doesn't look a whole lot like that.

But she has them sick iai strikes and teleporting moves from what little of her moveset the devs actually completed.
That's some motivated shit right there.

I play melee competitively instead of pm because melee has a larger more developed community in my area
I don't play pm because although there are many melee tourneys in my city there are no pm other than that I would play pm if there were more local tourneys for me
You can't play smash4 competitively

>The community for Project M is at a crossroads right now, and now that enough time has gone by to realize there was never a CnD

What the fuck actually happened then?
Was it just Strongbad being a piece of shit again?

Honestly making warlock ganon the final character and giving us black shadow with melee ganon's moveset would be pretty fucking hype. Characters will draw skeptical people in. Re-doing someones main is guaranteed to both make them salty and intensely curious. Most of the cast is fuckin great though. I feel like we need a meta to shift 5-6 times before we can get the real gold version. Make everything stronk and then nerf it into place again

I played it a couple times, was pretty good for what it was, but I much prefer Minus.
I eagerly await the day somebody masters Zelda and does stuff like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=wjJU4Hdaytw
Mostly because it'll be hilarious.

Im pretty sure the devs are working on a game with EA & they didn't want to be connected to PM in anyway

Nintendo blackmails Twitch to stop PM streaming
PMDT gets concerned and reaches out to The Video Game Attourney-- not making this up, a year out of law school and they hire a shitty gimmick lawyer.
He gives shit advice that if they were to make their own game eventually that Nintendo could possibly sue them for stealing code (lol no). He advises they shut down fucking everything.
They do so.

It's my favorite way to play Smash, just in front of 64. The amount of hitstun is satisfying and it has the most balanced and varied roster available.

Putting more work into pm at this point is a waste of time and effort. Not only is Nintendo not playing ball, they are actively shutting down projects. Moving on to other games or building new games is much more worthwhile venture.

MagicScrumpy was right
But PM is still fun
t. Roy main

We could never make a game like Project M without nintendo assetts...

It wouldn't be the same no matter what characters you use really, it would constantlly be compared to smash.

At least this way it still IS smash, and the best way to play it

That's one hell of a game of Telephone you've been playing.

A couple ex-EA members went solo to create their own game, right around the same time that Project M shut down. Pure coincidence. A couple of the old PM devs joined the team as consults. It's possible they fucked over the rest of the team to do that, but unlikely. And there is zero connection to EA.

>MagicScrumpy was right

If he had said what he said 2 years ago, maybe. PM's design philosophy shifted away from "buff everyone to Fox level" when 3.5 dropped. Stop sucking his dick.

>You can't play smash4 competitively
to be honest I would not go as far. Sm4sh is different from melee but it's not a bad thing. They have different approach to the competitive scene(melee is agressive fast paced and Sm4sh is more calculated and defensive) and that's a good thing to separate the 2. Since I'm more of a melee player, I wish the game was just a tad faster.

Then make it better than smash. You think people wouldn't jump on a quality smash clone? Even rivals of aether had a decent following.

>MagicScrumpy was right
only before 3.5.Ultimate spacie is gold.

Dragon King: The Fighting Game when?

Just play Project M Legacy XP Extended Edition or something.

Project M is dead because Nintendo hate them just stop pretending anything else had to do with it.

Honestly, as long as someone with some degree of competence is fully taking the reins and continuing PM, I'll be happy. I'll support anything that can revitalize PM.

If I had to specify something I want, I'd love to see all the leaked content finished and integrated into the successor project. Bugfixes are great, but I agree with other anons in this thread on the opinion that you need new (or in this case refurbished) content to really attract attention.

A Grotle with a Budew on his back? I Dunno, just an idea I had a while ago.

What the hell is a "kappa" stage?

So? Entire reason Project M started was to change to Brawl into Melee, Just do the same to Smash 4

PM is my favorite smash. I've never found a smash character I like more than Yoshi in PM. Glad the scene in Colorado around, it's small but we have some great players out here.

I made a chespin recolor for someone a while back
I guess make alts based on the seasons? iunno

>because Nintendo hate them

More like the devs being extreme pussies.

This. At least B- tries to do something unique with the game rather than be yet another stale attempt to only make the game "more balanced for tourney play"

PM is my favorite, but I'm an olimar main and life is suffering
everything about him is great, except his recovery

I brought this up in a PM art thread once and got turned down since it "technically wouldn't be Ivysaur" even though Big Boss Snake gets a pass, but I think an Ivysaur version of the Ditto Bulbasaurs from Pokémon Snap could be great.

Yeah because its so fun to be stun locked to death.

idiot

minus is a broken shit mod

You're right that is a pretty stupid reason
Here's a better one: how the hell would you tell a default costume ivysaur apart from ditto ivysaur in a match

Also I'll go make this because it's obscenely easy to do

you sound like a fucking scrub that couldn't do combos in Sf2

I don't play shit games that stun lock me so you would be right.

>Still slow as shit
>Fun

I think I remember someone coming up with a wizard theme for Ivy to complement the Charizard (knight) and the Squirtle (rogue) alts.
I don't think it was ever finished though.

How bout you finish one original fighter?

maybe then ill forgive the fucking textures on the alt costumes

eye bleeding shit that is

and the game's balance is awful, just not fun to play

>how the hell would you tell a default costume ivysaur apart from ditto ivysaur in a match

That's a valid criticism of the idea, you're right. Maybe you could give it a slightly pinker coloratione, just enough that you can tell it apart from the default in a match without making it a just a full-blown pink alt.

Actually that's prefect for the guy, I wish it happened

>watch video
>literaly everything in the video can be done in 4

Do you even self awareness?

Well pass the message back to just get together behind the scenes, release a new patch locally that never gets uploaded online. 4.0 is now accessible and untraceable.

You do realize that I linked a TAS video right? And not everything is stunlocking like?

>pink tint
I will do that and a version that just makes the body patches full-on pink

Or we could actually think of a real alt. Some people in the official art thread tossed around ideas to change the flower bud to be more like other grass type pokemon.

I just want more recolors. Fuck OC alts.

Project Minus when? I really want a merge between the two

(Me)

The first two replies that end in even numbers will get the recolor they ask for. Not doing any vertex mods here.

Mango Ivy
Or wizard colored

I'm just concerned about creating another Ninja Squirtle, which I don't feel has any business in PM even if it's well-modeled. There probably are better choices than mine, but I'm cautious about suggesting something too donut steel-ish. I think changing up the flower to another Pokémon's would be reasonable, though.

I don't like what they did with the Brawl newcomers like Lucas and Snake

lmao who cares about brawl shitters

>melee is agressive fast paced

Funny, the only way to be h-box is to outcamp him

sounds like a camp meta to me

Jumpluff's color scheme.

What's wrong with Solid "platform techchase rapist" Snake?

I agree about ninja squirtle. I honestly believe it's the worst costume in PM. At least Bear Climbers is cute enough to hold its own.

>Mango Ivy
I think that already exists but Brawlvault is down (AGAIN) so I can't check
I could make a wizard-esque texture modification though
I hate that Lucas was turned into a fucking spacie, but Snake and Wario are more true to their games than Brawl made them.
By the way it can be characters other than Ivysaur

I thought brawl is visually ugly so I don't like it.

They should've just did a melee rebalance mod instead.

Sometimes it bothers me when I think about how different some characters play compared to their original in Brawl OR Melee, but then I watch them with high level players and I stop caring.

>why don't you just play melee instead?
Going this route will never properly answer this question. It's great that PM exist but its utimatly Melee + and because it's not actually melee, it gets cut from tournaments. Same will happen to a PM U. Port PM stuff in melee without changing melee aestetics or even calling him PM and you should be good.I don't know shit about modding but that's just my opinion.

Isn't Bear Climbers based on the polar bear from their game? Maybe one or both of the costumes could be given shades to make it more canon if some people think it isn't.

I don't play Snake but I think he's pure sex in PM because of videos like youtube.com/watch?v=w3VQUEmsO8M

>By the way it can be characters other than Ivysaur
Cool, but my request still stands.

>I don't like what they did with Snake
Snake is respected in PM

>Ike will never be as fun to play as he is in PM

>ike will never be objectively replaced by Hector
why even live?

>Jump out of Quickdraw

>that end in even numbers
consider this post a reroll, not getting any more

The reason Melee has so few mods compared to PM is because it's a lot less flexible. If someone manages to add a new character to Melee without replacing an older one, it will probably look more viable as a platform for modding.

>Jump out of Quick Draw
It only took one tiny tweak to completely reshape an entire character. It's absolutely crazy.

>Mango Ivy
>I think that already exists but Brawlvault is down (AGAIN) so I can't check
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205346

>ike will never be objectively replaced by Hector
Let's start by having Hector replace Lyn or Roy, the two worst lords in the series.

Yeah I knew it was a thing
Wizard Ivy texture will happen after Ditto

The (former) devs are some of the whiniest fucks I've ever seen in my life

Even you even so much as THINK about Lyn/Knuckles/Isaac near them, they'll act like you raped their kid sister in front of them and go on about how "using them is against their wishes so you should respect the devs and not play as them", even though playing Project M itself is going against the original dev's wishes.

The game itself is really fun though, it's probably my favorite Smash to play. 4 is a close second.

Nah, those are fine. We don't need more fire emblem 7 reps.

In fact we should replace marth with Fire Emblem 4 hero whose name I forgot.

No because they don't want it to break character. Only exception is BB for some reason.

please fix the retarded free characters like game and watch, link, bowser and such

redesign shit so that it's op with a high curve. people shit on fox opness and whilst I agree you have to consider that he takes time to master his opness.

>If someone manages to add a new character to Melee without replacing an older one, it will probably look more viable as a platform for modding.
one day maybe.

Nigger nobody plays vanilla project M.

We, as in Cred Forums - Videogames, are playing the mod, Legacy XP.

Update yourself, nigger.

>replace Marth

Put more female characters in, and Knuckles.

We're not playing that autistic pile of garbage.

>replace marth

>its literally project M 3.6 but with more customes and stages
Yes, we are playing it.

>replacing Ike with anybody
Please. Ike's the only FE character in Smash who is actually liked by the FE fanbase.

Just play 4 or play Legacy XP. PM is dead and still had a lot to improve on. Melee feels clunky, outdated, and less friendly towards new players, so its not a good party game. Also terrible "balance". Brawl had some good stages but its too low gravity and the "balance" is fucking shit. 64 is dead, has 1 good stage for competitive and thats just embarassing. Also shit roster, almost as bad as launch SFV.

Meanwhile, Smash 4 is fucking great for parties. Stages and items are at their best in the series. Large roster with only 2-3 bad choices for characers out of 50, which is really good. Competitive is still fresh so its not as bland as Melee, and new stuff is happening often like new tech or potential discovered in a character. Also has some of the best balance I have ever seen in a fighting game.
Legacy XP has that sweet Project M gameplay with a crazy stage list and some fan characters that are a blast to play as. It is Project M but better in every way.

I guess I'm just more used to Brawl lol I can't get invested in Project M it feels so amateurish to me

I haven't bothered downloading XP because, like another user said, it looks more focused on quantity than quality.

Did they do anything to Young Link and/or Toon Link to make having both of them not completely redundant?

The devs are a bunch of fucking hypocrites, but they're not the only ones to blame. Their endless legions of yes-men and drones are responsible for shitposting the PMCC Discord to death.
The only people willing to work on Lyn and Knuckles were basically driven to exile. I don't even know if they're still alive.

Celice? Celice was a bitch. Sigurd is a fan favorite but he fights on a horse so it wouldn't work. Leif here would be fucking great though with magical attacks from his Light Brand, he was actually gonna be in Melee but got dropped for Roy to promote Binding Shit.

>Not just making your own mod that doesn't have shit pushing through the corners.

Also, Melee doesn't have customizable controls and the ability to turn off tap jump.

If it had that I'd play it more over the other games, but I just can't play it without my control setup anymore.

>be Pink Fresh fanboy during PM's popular days
>PM dies down hard, smash4 releases
>watch APEX2015 smash4 top8, boring as hell
>turn into a random smash4 stream a year or so later
>Pink Fresh on stream playing Bayonetta
>Wins the whole thing
>it's actually hype

so is it just the patches that made it more fun to watch or are some characters just straight cancer

They play completely different. Young link is literally a shittier Link from what I saw the one and only time I played him.

You don't need quantity or quality. Its a mod of Project M 3.6 You lose literally nothing.

>I guess I'm just more used to Brawl lol
>Project M feels so amateurish to me
I can't deal with this kind of stupidity.

>Leif
user...
sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/

Keep Marth (series mascot)
Swap Roy for Leif (Sakurai even supposedly considered it)
Keep Ike (fan favorite)
Swap Lucina for Lyn (FE7 brought FE to the west and broke the haitus the series went on during the N64)
Keep Robin (Awakening was highly influential and Robin is the most unique FE playstyle in the game)
Drop Corrin (Fire Emblem doesn't need 6 characters, 5 is stretching it)

>moonwalking, l-canceling, wave dashing, and combos longer than 2 hits can be done in Sm4sh
>HUR DUR DUR
That's how you sound.

This is bait, right?

Fuck Project "M"

Either play Smash 4 or Melee, there's no point in trying to play a game that's both similar and inferior to both games at the same time.

Patches and expanding of the metagame made the game much better and more fun to watch. The APEX 2015 slogfest was a combination of Diddy being stupid and people trying to play the game like Brawl because they hadn't figured it out yet (and shieldstun had a different formula with higher base and lower multiplier in earlier Smash 4 patches, akin to Brawl). The game's much better now, people like Fr0zen are dropping PM for Smash 4 now.

>Stages and items are at their best in the series.

Stopped reading here, Smash 4 has some of the worst stages in the franchise with shit like Pac-Land and, while I was fine playing with items on in all previous games, the new items in 4 ruin any fun I can have, on top of removing some of the more fun items like the fan and cracker launcher.

And casuals have no problem playing Melee, as long as they're playing with other casuals and not with a veteran styling on them with competitive-level Fox. The only people who hate Melee, specifically hate it instead of just preferring another game to it, are diehard Brawl/Smash 4 fans and people who are full-retard anti-competitive (in the "items on high with 75m as the stage is the only way to play" sense).

>Roy got picked to promote Binding Blade which was the newest FE game at the time
>Robin got put in because Awakening was the newest at the time and then Corrin got to be DLC because then Fates was coming out
>Brawl didn't add Micaiah to advertise Radiant Dawn and actually went with a better decision in Ike
The FE protagonist so good he transcends Smash's stupid patterns.

>Legacy XP has that sweet Project M gameplay with a crazy stage list and some fan characters that are a blast to play as. It is Project M but better in every way.
This. Project M may be dead but his Legacy continues.

And its fucking fun.

The fuckhuge amount of stages is what turns me off. Having competitive alts and omega versions of the stages are cool but they just went overboard with everything else. They seem to care more about having as many stages as they possibly can instead of making sure those stages are actually good.

I totally understand the limitation surrounding melee but I feel that if it was modded with at least PM balance this would end part of this debate.
>tfw no more PM Ness Starters and Snake

What does it matter that it has stages you aren't interested in?

Tell me why does it matter? Just press the same button you always did and play the same stage you always played.

I will never understand the autism of hating having more options in videogames.

WHY ARE CHOICES EVIL

>that image

This must be why PMDT was so hesitant to add more than one alt per stage. I wanted some stages to have 2 alts just because they were going to cut stages as a result of the choice, but if this is what they were afraid of I completely understand now. Not that PMDT aren't shitstains in general.

PMDT were the cancer killing Project M anyway. Amirite?

>that awful ASL layout
It should be more like
default: original stage (PM HD variant if it's an N64 stage)
L: omega
R: other comp-friendly version of the stage
Z: N64 graphics
D-pad: time of day on Smashville or Legendary Pokemon on spear pillar

Fucking nailed it. That user probably didn't realize that Legacy XP is a collection of different mods - PM 3.6, clusterfuck of stages, and new characters/costumes. Those three mods make up Legacy XP.

Legacy XP obviously wasn't meant for tourney play, but if you want that just play PM 3.6. LXP is amazing for casual play with friends. The hilighted borders in teams matches makes it infinitely better than PM team matches.

>playing on Zelda stages
lmaoing at your life kid.

Play on the Tatsunoko vs Capcom and the Street Fighter stages.They are fucking GLORIOUS

Warlock Ganon would be godlike. Also PM offers too much reward off getting a hit.

Not to mention Team fucking Glow. XP is best

And the extended versions of stages are great too.

I am a little sad that I did not start watching fighting competitions when Project M was at its high. But the little I have watched is more enjoyable than Smash 4.

If someone can come up with and execute a knockout idea, I can see the game surviving a little longer.

>Professionally designed character a la Roy

>High-minded balance patch that tries to fix Melee's flaws (if faggots could only see these)

>New game mechanic that improves COMPETITIVE play

>11/10 content pack

Any of these things can spark the PM community, but nobody seems to give a shit.

>worst stages because Pac-Land exists
Man, Melee really fucking sucks because Icicle Mountain, Mushroom Kingdom, and Poké Floats exist. And Brawl has the worst because Hanenbow, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, Mario Bros., and 75m exist. Or 64 is the worst because it has no stages.
The Cracker Launcher was clunky and too heavy. Fan removal was stupid but the items we have in its place are great (beehive, bombchu, daybreak, hocotate bomb, killer eye, ore club, pow block, super leaf, steel diver, x bomb)

Well for starters, if you're playing on a Wii, the stage select images all look blurry as fuck because they have to be downscaled in order to display on the system.

Secondly, it's not about the options themselves but rather how many there are and how you access them. Let's say you want to play the stage that you get to by holding B. Well normally, pressing B takes you back to the character select so how the fuck does that work? Same thing for the stages selected with the d-pad. That moves the cursor. Just trying to select these damn stages is very cumbersome and most of them are shitty flat stages or ugly reskins that aren't really necessary to have. In this Hyrule Castle image, the d-pad up stage looks near identical to the default one. So why is that there?

And not sure if this applies to Legacy XP but I played an older version of this mod before and half the stages would freeze the game. I assume because they added so much shit, they couldn't test it all.

>trapcard.jpg

Just because Smash 4 is slow af doesn't mean it's more methodical. Melee is more calculated and defensive than Smash 4 due to all the more options that can screw you.

In other words, go fish is not more calculating than sports car racing because it's slower.

If I remember right, their logic was that L stands for Legal and R stands for Remake so they kept those alts to those buttons with Z being made Omega for some reason.

>if you're playing on a Wii
Stopped reading right there. Console shitters need not to apply.

Legacy XP is incredibly optimized for emulation, it runs amazing on PC.

If nobody else replies I'll do this one anyway

It's about wanting to keep PM from turning into Smash Bros. MUGEN. There are modpacks for Brawl that add 100+ characters, but if almost all those characters are shit I don't want to download that pack. If given a choice between a game with 40 good characters and a few bad ones, versus a game with 40 good characters and 50 bad ones, I'd pick the former for being a more polished and tighter experience, even if the latter technically has a lot more content. If you disagree, I have to wonder what your opinion on pic related is.

Smash 4 also has the fucking beetle, Galaga, drill, and gust bellow, and some Pokéball/Assist Trophy summons that break the flow of the game. Smash 4 has a ton of boss stages, and the bosses can't be turned off even though they do so automatically in 8-player Smash which means they have the programming ability and Sakurai just refused to do it because muh PSASBR. You can ignore the bad stages but generally people who play with items don't want to turn off some of those items, unless it's something specific like Pokéballs-only or Hammer-only, so I have to avoid items altogether in that game, while it's easier to stomach the few bad ones in past games.

I think you are correct, and D-Pad was alternate stages based on the original if memory serves me right.

R+L was the Kappa stages I think. Or was that B?

I dunno but they are all standardized symbology which you can read while you are in the select stage screen.

>If someone manages to add a new character to Melee without replacing an older one
Taking out the clones would be a good start
In melee is more about legit but hidden in the game techniques to respond to agressive approaches.in Sm4sh is more about basic stuff like air dodge, the removal ledge hugging and patches to prevent abuse.Defensive was a really bad choice a word from me.

Real talk they are making Melee HD for the NX right?

It would literally be free money for them and create an esport eco-system that they could fully promote.

>Nintendo
>being smart

just play melee you autistic fucks holy shit

pm is fucking garbage and threads like these are why I stay far away from it

you know what people who play melee talk about? how to get better at the game, not how to fucking change it to suit their every retarded fantasy

>underestimating the autistic loyalty of the Melee fanbase

That setup would be fine if there weren't a dozen other alts in every stage.
>Z is the final letter in the alphabet
>Final Destination

I prefer playing games on my tv over my laptop and I do not have an ideal setup for connecting the laptop to the tv so I just have to deal with it. If you have a problem with that, I don't give a shit.

>By the way it can be characters other than Ivysaur
How feasible would it be to take the OOT Ganon model and reskin it with the color scheme of Melee Ganon? Surprisingly, nobody has already done this that I can find.

stop the shilling

>Gets unreasonably mad over people conversing on Cred Forums about a mod.

>In melee is more about legit but hidden in the game techniques to respond to agressive approaches.in Sm4sh is more about basic stuff like air dodge, the removal ledge hugging and patches to prevent abuse.Defensive was a really bad choice a word from me.

Fair play. Smash 4's not up my ally but as a Melee fan I know what it's like to prefer a "lesser" competitive game

>How feasible would it be to take the OOT Ganon model and reskin it with the color scheme of Melee Ganon? Surprisingly, nobody has already done this that I can find.
Comparison shot? I'm not aware of the differences

>you know what people who play melee talk about?
This isn't a thread about melee. Are you lost?

You are a console shitter.

And so are you.

You are both an embarrassment to the board.

Clones aren't inherently bad. As long as they're given enough changes to properties, like Falcon/Ganon and Fox/Falco, they can be a valuable addition to the game. The only truly shit clones are the ones that are just worse versions of the character they're cloned from like Pichu, and the ones that play so close to the original character that you can swap between them without noticing, like Dark Pit.

They'd probably take out wavedashing and L-cancelling to keep Sakurai from having a panic attack, I can't see them making just Melee with better graphics, they'd have to fuck with the gameplay and ruin it.

There's a lot of stuff that Project M lacks compared to Melee. Once you go deep into melee you start to realize why high skilled melee
players were complaining all the time. And whilst one could bring the argument that melee gods enjoyed PM in its prime, you
have to undertant that they play for the money, so all in all they saw the prime PM tournaments as another source of income.

Tech in general is a lot easier in PM. I agree that one can't really complain about muscle memory because of the difficulty of
making PM play 1:1 as melee. But really, I remember faggots bringing up why L-cancel, ''a needless muscle memory mechanic'',
was in the game. Guess these faggots never knew that shields add freeze frames to attacks which may mess your L-cancel and
get you in a punishable situation.

Also Tether is undoubtedly better in melee. Even when I play 3.6 today I see the bad design of multiple characters such as Mr. Game and Watch

>Likes style of a game
>Dislikes some specifics about how the game plays in practice

"Gee whiz, you must be autistic"

What happened to PM was very unfortunate. It takes only a few seconds to realize that it's way better than anything fucking Smash 4 has to offer, both on a casual and competitive level.

Sakurai is a fucking hack, leave it to the people that actually play and love the series to make something better than the "pros". PM is awesome, it's just probably gonna die because of how shafted it got.

GimR is still a huge fucking greedy jew cunt

>Guess these faggots never knew that shields add freeze frames to attacks which may mess your L-cancel and
>get you in a punishable situation.

This is applicable so infrequently and is practically never deliberate.

I prefer l-canceling on in PM, but only because Smash is so technically devoid, otherwise.

Left: Melee, Right: PM
Cape is a different color as well as some other minor differences. I believe the PM version is more accurate to how he looked in OOT but I'd like to also have the Melee version just as an extra costume. I don't want the Melee model though, just the color scheme.

I mean, let's face it, Nintendo probably would of done something if the PMDT stuck around. Look at AM2R and all those other fangames they DMCA'd.

Wasn't project m abandoned cuz the makers bitched out after Nintendo threatened them

are we going to pretend that Melee is a perfect game which makes PM issues inexcusable?
I play other fighting games so clones are something I grew to like but If removing clones means adding new characters then why not?

Ironically they might do that just so 3 things can happen

>they call fully have a hand in the Melee tournament scene and make money
>they can finally move on to Projectors/Flatscreens/LCD instead of the CRTs
>a rebalanced Melee (although it might just use the PAL version's balance moreso than the NTSC standard)

Nintendo would make Melee HD so they can actually make money off of competitive Melee

>instantly create a tournament scene that promotes your new console

They would be retarded not to make it.

Which means they won't.

it's called project melee you fucking nigger

>game
it's a mod you delusional fuck

that's the other thing: all you fucking project melee faggots think you're absolutely right about everything and are so blinded that you call what you're playing a "game" and not only that, the "best """game""" in the series"

it was made by a group of autists so equally delusional that they called themselves a fucking dev team and are beyond egoistical douchebag status when it comes to people using """their intellectual property""" that they fucking stole from Nintendo in the first place

Cred Forums is for video games, not shitty fan projects who think too highly of themselves

drink bleach and never post on this board again

Its actually Project Manure.

>are beyond egoistical douchebag status when it comes to people using """their intellectual property""" that they fucking stole from Nintendo in the first place
What did he mean by this?

As most of the others have stated, I'd just love to see PM get the treatment it truly deserves.
Just as long as the treatment is of decent quality. I truly appreciate what the PMCC did for us but I couldn't help but feel that the movement was uncoordinated. IF we could get that surge of energy again except this time with a group of firm leaders, I could seriously see PM get back into tournies all across the US.

It'd mean the world to me to see PM or a successor bring it back to life once again.

The problem is they are already balls deep with it.
>Smash 4
>Pokken Tournament at EVO
>NWC

They see the money and while they are stupid and stubborn, they ain't purely braindead to not see this.

If anything, they'll make Melee HD and port Smahs 4 over to NX and use it as more of a platform like DoA5LR to spew more DLC with or without Sakurai and don't even make a Smash 5 until the end of the NX's life span in 2022

To be completely clear about what is being asked for here
change cape
generally reduce saturation

Also you got an even get so I'm done taking requests, you all can expect me to release
>ditto Ivysaur (2 versions)
>mage-themed ivysaur texture
>Melee-colored PM dorf

If this thread dies before I deliver, wait for me to post it in the smash general on /vg/

>steal intellectual property to make a shitty mod
>shitty mod gets shut down
>someone releases the unfinished content
>OMG YOU CAN'T DO THAT THAT'S OUR PROPERTY YOU'RE DISRESPECTING US

sakurai would kill himself if he saw these autists and for once I wouldn't blame him

>Being this ass blasted over a game
Wew

Crawl back to Melee Hell, you sad sack of shit.

it's not a game

nice try though

maybe try going beyond personal insults and ignoring my facts completely when you're trying to be convincing next time though champ

So, have they figured out how to add new character slots to Smash 4 yet? I heard stage indexes are hard coded to their current number, and I'd hate to hear of characters being the game.

>What is Cred Forums's opinion on Project M?
manages to be ten times more autistic than regular smash players

why not just play an actual fighting game instead of trying to transform a party brawler into one

>talking like this on Cred Forums of all places
Back to >>>reddit

>>OMG YOU CAN'T DO THAT THAT'S OUR PROPERTY YOU'RE DISRESPECTING US
no one ever said that

For Ganon
>Change cape
>Darker brown/lower saturation on clothing
>Keep hair and skin color the same
Thanks for doing this.

this isn't a mother 4 thread either,kiddo.

Second dungeon gold chest ez

whatever you say strongbad

Lyn and Knuckles need to be finished, so much work was already done to them.

The new stages and custom outfits might need to go, or just be optional in a different bundle.
They're the major part of the package that looks a bit amateurish in some areas.

PM is great but some of the character changes are awkward. Brawl newcomers in general were changed waaaay too much. Like rather than taking a brawl character and trying to make it work in melee, someone in charge did whatever he wanted.

is this an American slang or something?

Played it religiously until they announced they were no longer going to support it. The thing that I enjoyed most about the game was that they were always striving to make the game more interesting and balanced, and the potential of having new characters added to the roster was really cool. So I guess the only thing I want changed is that I want it to not be stagnant anymore. Just the fact that people are willing to take it up again is enough for me.

It's autistic fanfic for delusional spergs. I've never met any proponent of Project M who wasn't morbidly obese and utterly lacking in social graces.

You're welcome
I always enjoy creating content for stuff like this and I'm always looking for ideas

If enough people show interest I could make this a regular thing in /ssbg/ on the weekends, though that place is mostly dead and talks about Smash 4, so I doubt I'd get a whole lot of people caring

Head of norcal pm? Fuck up

I don't get it. The one on the right looks hotter. Look at those muscle arms.

he's one of the heads of the people who made pm you dumbfuck

he's also one of the most whiny and has his head waaaaaay too far up his ass

user I love the idea, thanks for your contribution!

>literal who is what caused you to be this butthurt
lol

and "he"(if he even exists) is the most whiny one here lmao

Would much rather play Melee

who are you? How the fuck would you make a mage themed ivysaur in less than this thread's death?

You are literally insane.

I remember him from an earlier thread where he made Chespin Ivysaur, he's really fast.

Of course the model on the right looks better. I'm talking about color schemes and to have both.

Why aren't you playing it then? Melee wasn't DMCA'd

It's not a vertex mod user, just changing textures
All I plan to do is make the skin blue, replace skin patches with yellow stars, and maybe recolor the plant.
Also, I'm not planning to do this in the span of this thread, I told you that I'm gonna post all this shit in /ssbg/ if it dies first
also I already finished one of the ditto ivysaurs, so I just need to get screenshots and 'yall can see how it looks
This too, texture modding isn't very hard when all you're aiming to do is recolor

post said chespin

I like Melee's aesthetic and movement/tech far more than Brawl's, so I see little reason to play Project M when I could just be playing Melee.

I am though. The OP was asking my opinion on it and I gave it.

that a fair opinion. I hate brawl aesthetic but love pm balance.

What tech in melee do you like thats not in pm?

What did the OP said that made you mention Melee in a non Melee thread?

It's like coming to a DMC thread just to say Fuck You.

nigger he can post whatever the fuck he wants, quit fucking whining

go back to tumblr if you want a safe space

When is there a wiki going to be made about this? I'm not downloading it until I know exactly what skins are new.

Melee is the most similar game to Project M. In my opinion, it's better enough and similar enough that I would rather play it than Project M. I don't see how that isn't relevant to the OP

forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211717

>calls me a nigger while behaving like a nigger
You can't just come to a thread to say whatever shit you like. There are social rules to follow here.

I would never think this is a chespin. Looks like what an Alola Ivysaur should actually look like. He looks completely tropical.

What character/s do you play?

Most of Chespin's body is cream-colored, I made the plant parts closer to chespin's greens and I made the bulb chesnut colored

But yes it looks more like a mocha alt than Chespin, I welcome anyone to try and make a more distinctly "Chespin" Ivysaur

Is this skin in project M already or what? Its better than niggasaur

Put in Pichu please.
I don't care if you have to weak his moves, or give him all new ones.
I need my Kid Gogglechu.

I made it with PM in mind but I want someone to make CSPs that have the same pose as PM Ivy

Why not play Brawl Minus?

You might be curious at this supposed unfinished leak from a few months ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9h4XJP_wY

Add Pious Augustus to the roster. He's NEVER EVER going to be in a real Smash Bros game, so his inclusion would be the one and only thing that would make me give a shit about Project M.

boring broken mess? If I wanted to be retarded I would play marvel vs capcom

My dumbass forgot that ditto clones only have pupils for eyes and literally nothing else

This'll have to be a vertex edit or it'll look dumb, here's your options OR
>wait for me to get help on changing the face model
>replace the eye white with skin texture
>keep it like pic related

Marth

>Boring
>Retarded
>Even after it made Pichu not useless, made Bowser a grappler, gave Mewtwo Future Sight and more
Never mind then.

>retarded isn't boring
I see the irony of your ways. You are being retarded here and having fun with your shit opinions, while I'm disgruntled and bored about the fact you are retarded.

Well done, I rate it a 8/10

what the fuck have you done son? All you needed to do was delete the face and replace it with a smiley face from messenger or something.

Nah, I'm just sad you feel that way about it. It's pretty fun and did neat stuff with Pichu.

Honestly, I felt surprised at you leaping at it, I was expecting it to require a vertex edit but figured you knew something I didn't. If it's beyond your skillset in the sense that you'd need to get some help with it, I'm okay with you putting it on hold or stopping, and I'm very grateful for you trying, especially since I was the one who requested Chespin Ivysaur a few months ago.

I'm not the pichuposter though, so don't be that sad.

Oh, my mistake.

>especially since I was the one who requested Chespin Ivysaur a few months ago.
I had a hunch
I'll throw this at a guy I know and if he doesn't wanna do the (likely easy) edits to the face vertices then sorry pallerino

>Project Ganondorf
Delicious. There needs to be more RPG classes that play like this.

Fist Wizard is fucking great and I want to play one (1) game that has it as a playable class

>Sm4sh is more calculated and defensive
Funny way of saying
>wait for your opponent to mess up and then do the throw>aerial confirm for the nth time

>youtube.com/watch?v=qQqYqMyxI3k
I didn't even last a minute and dropped the mod like I dropped Cred Forums's mother.

Looks like something done by a naruto fan.

>wavedash out of quickdraw

best incarnation of smash

ruined by greedy jew gimr who started popularizing the idea of monetizing the fan-made mod instead of keeping it as a side-event to Melee

the fate of project m pretty much made me disappointed in the smash community, and then smash 4 being a mediocre title pretty much made me stop caring about smash as a whole series. I still watch melee when it has big tourneys, but that's it.

>Quickdraw jump cancel grab
It's like playing fucking el fuerte

If you're that triggered, try this:
youtube.com/watch?v=JG1XuEt8XO0
It uses the 3.Q version so it may be missing/outdated on some things but it has the cliffnotes for most of the cast with no narration.

>can't go back to melee after experiencing PM
>live in Arizona so i can go to the AZPM tourneys
>get bodied everytime
its a weird feeling

This is some Danganronpa-leves of shit. Mixed with some high level Street fighter trash.
>some attacks do 3-6 damage, others do 700 damage
Epic, simply epic.

I cannot understand how this can be fun unless you are playing Sonic.

chill, its just mindless fun

I just don't get it. I play with 3 stocks in 4 player all against all matchups. We play at 0.5 damage because regular Project M people die too fast.

How can that mod be any fucking fun if you die by a single hit? Like what? You enjoy sending people off and nothing else? Because we enjoy actually fighting each other off. The blast off the stage is simply the ice on the cake.

user, there's nothing to it. you just play a few matches with friends and have a laugh with it. not everything has to be tourney.

the fuck

Well the aim of the game is to balance the characters around a basic power level that would be S+ in other games.

Not every attack is the warlock punch. Some characters rely on combos, others rely on strength, others rely on whatever tactics they have.

Basically, in a nutshell:
youtube.com/watch?v=fmSO2cz2ozQ

And what this guy says:

At least you go to the tournies. I haven't gone to one all year. Cyberzone always seems cool so I might get bodied there soon.

its good, i usually go to the ones at Endgame. i only really have trouble with Blue, but i have shitty luck and he always sends me to losers first or second match. He's chill, but kind of annoying

My best is taking Bagels to last stock like one game. I remember playing him before he was PR and I think he rage quit in a friendly because I knee'd him a few times. Did you ever go to the pit? Was pretty fun back when IC3, k9 and a bunch of no names would be there like in 2014.

I wish I had a guy around who would body me. I live in a small rural area and don't know of any Smash scene here at all.

It's a shittier, jankier melee. Literally no reason to play it. I don't give a fuck if I can't choose Snake or Diddy, like who really cares.

bagels isnt a problem if you can just predict his actions and don't panic. and unfortunately no, i didn't go to the pit.

What did GimR do?

took it off his tournaments and removed all videos because of nintendo sponsorship, causing most to follow

This mindset is the most important. Just keep posting this kind of stuff, let people know you're interested in the game and you want to play it

>stream PM at Xanadu
>VGBootCamp got big off of this
>starts monetizing it and did the #FreeGimR shit to justify him quitting his job so that he could dedicate the time to streaming and whatnot
>Smash 4 comes out
>Nintendo wants to milk the Smash scene again like with Brawl
>GimR stops streaming Project M, all of the Xanadu people mysteriously stop discussing PM
>PM eventually becomes banned from twitch altogether
>the Xanadu crew all turn into PG-13 Nintendo shills (D1 stayed the same because he was always a PG-13 type of guy) on cam

Yeah, 4 has 200% of the things

>180 Quickdraw jump cancel backflip into bair for the edgeguard, quickdraw back into stage, wall jump to jump to quickdraw to land

This is a real move I'm not kidding

Control are stiff as shit, even stiffer than melee.

GimR was always a jew. He even kicked the 64 community, presumebly because they weren't bringing in much money during late 2015. Also D1 was PG-13 but at least it seemed like he was having a lot of fun when watching a good set. Now it's rare to see him get genuinely excited.

Well this just isn't true, have you played 3.6?

user Brawl is like swimming through molasses and Smash 4 is only somewhat better, play more fighting games if you think Melee/PM control badly

user got a better reference for Meleedorf's cape?

user is kill

dropbox.com/s/u9nwtg8rxyxavad/FitGanon05.pac?dl=0
that's fine

(Me)
Also it's 1 in the morning so I'm gonna fuck off and post the other ivysaur in /ssbg/ tomorrow if I finish it tomorrow